New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kina Yoshimoto

Kina, still shaking, tries to move her arms around Ken. "Nononononono! Get out...of my head!" Both her hands slowly move up to his sides, opening and closing from fist to open hand over and over. Tears begin to fall from her eyes, still clenched tight. "Ken...oh god...I...I'm so confused...help...please..." Slowly her arms, shaking, begin to return Ken's hug, moving closer and closer towards his back. "...Ken..."

She seems oblivious to everything else around her, even Sayaka's hand.
    Ken
    "Yes, I'll help you. There's no reason to be scared. You're doing much better now. We'll go see Sayaka's dad and he'll probably have something to make things easier for you, but that can wait. I think you can get over this without his help because I believe in you. I was able to do it and so can you. I did it on my own, but there's no shame in needing help. If you don't think you can do it on your own, that's okay. You're not alone." Ken put a hand on the back of her head, leaned over and held her closer.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-11 at 01:05 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

Kina's head moves up and down. "...Okay..." Her eyes slowly loosen a bit, but the shaking doesn't stop. She looks Ken in the eyes, and he can see for certain that they aren't normal. "Could you...knock me out?"
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-02-11 at 01:27 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nope," said Ken casually. "I can't do that. It'd be rather counterproductive after the progress we just made and I don't want to hurt you. Trust me, keep trying to hold on and we'll go the shrine. I'll carry you there and hold your hand the whole way. I'll make sure you don't do anything you'd regret. Alright?"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-11 at 03:25 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

"You...can't promise...that." Kina doesn't smile. "Just...get me...to the shrine."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright." Ken let go of Kina for a moment and carefully scooped her up. One hand reached out to hold hers just as he had said. Then he headed onward with Hasunaga and the others.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

[Houheiden Shrine]

Coming to the shrine, the group is quite wet. A light rain still falls, but they go up the wet stairs carefully. At the top stands Haruaki, an umbrella in his hands.

He is standing in his priest's clothing for once, which makes Sayaka relieved.

Of everything today, seeing her father in a serious mood was comforting.

Haruaki looked at Mr. Hasunaga as they came to him, a serious and knowing expression on his face.

"It has been a long time, Mr. Hasunaga, since we have last met." He greets. He moves close and holds the umbrella over Ken and Kina.

"Come in. It's safe here." He comforts softly to them, and leads them into the Shrine to the house.

Sayaka looks at him from where she is walking, supported by mr. Hasunaga.
    She is silent, because she doesn't know what to say.

Her father hasn't looked at her yet. Did she disappoint him that much? Her failures had gotten all of these people involved. Kina was injured. And Sayaka...was ok, wasn't she?

She looked down. How stupid of her.

But she felt a warm hand on her head, and the headache she had started to disappear. She looked up as her father put a towel around her neck and rustled her hair softly.

"Are you alright, Sayaka?" He asked softly, a gentle smile on his face.
    With a warm feeling and relief, Sayaka nodded.

"Yes, I think so." She answered, taking the towel to dry herself some.

Haruaki gestured for them to sit down on the front of the Kondo family house, out of the rain.

He knelt in front of Sayaka and Kina as the girls sat down.

He looked at Sayaka. Something was off, but he couldn't place it yet.
    Of Kina though, his face became expressionless.

"How are you dear?" He asked her.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

[Houheiden Shrine]

Mihail gets left behind from the group at the base of the stairs. He has to grab his chest and and catch his breath for a moment. Why? We didn't come running here, did we? It's like strenght has just... fled from his limbs for a moment. A flash of concern goes through his mind - maybe something is wrong with his heart? Have to go to a doctor and check it...

But soon, the feeling abates. He sees the rest of the group at the end of the stairs, and limps after them. Rising the stairs hurts his leg, but he can manage it. He arrives at the front of Kondo house as Haruaki is talking to Kina.

Being within a shrine is comforting. It of course has barely a passing resemblance, but the feeling reminds him of the old stone church of his hometown and the grounds near it where he used to visit long ago.

As he thinks of this, something pops into his mind. He reaches to his pocket and pulls out a creased paper talisman.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

[Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (In the living room of some old lady and her "family")

Izanagi stood in the living room of an old lady dressed in some obviously outdated dress, taking a few light meter readings around her fireplace and the general room. Izanagi was slightly dry after the cab ride but still looked disheveled. She had first offered him to sit, but as he was still wet, she uncomfortably decided against it.

The old lady wanted a "family" portrait to send as Christmas cards to her family. What she had not explained clearly to Izanagi before he accepted the job, was that her "family" were actually 3 "pug" dogs along with herself.

"ugh...i can't believe i thought i needed the money from this gig...and for god's sake..."dogs"...ugh....Izanagi...you need to screen your clients better" he thought to himself trying not show it in his face as the ladies dogs ran all around every now and then nipping at his legs and making him jump a bit, and the old lady yapped away holding one kissing it and calling it "princess" in a baby-talk type of voice.

As he took the readings though, and she continued to yap on and on...the intrigue and curiosity of that young girls words started getting louder and louder in his head..."why am i here? why did i just let her walk away?..ugh...Izanagi you are an idiot...plus she was cute!...ugh"

He looked back to the lady whom was still talking about something, and he felt such a level of boredom he couldnt stand it... he wanted to go visit that girl RIGHT NOW...he didnt care about this old lady's money...he wanted answers...he didnt want to feel alone anymore....

The lady was still talking about something when Izanagi blurted out interrupting her..."...hey..lady...umm...we are gonna need to reschedule this shoot...umm...i forgot to bring my film for the camera... Im so sorry... " he tried to fake a smile and look apologetic....but he was lying through his teeth...he hadnt shot film in AGES...no one did really..everything was digital... he just didnt want to be here anymore...and he hoped she was too old to know what kind of equipment he used

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, feeling the business card from the girl there as well...he started dialing for another cab. The woman was saying something again, but Izanagi didnt care... he blurted out interrupting her again... "i'll shave off a couple hundred on the price...call me to set something up tomorrow..." He wasnt even sure she was talking about money or time...he just blurted it out as the cab company picked up and he began telling them where he was for a pick up...

He moved towards the door bowing slightly and smiling to the lady as she kept talking to him as he talked to the cab company...he opened the door and got outside closing the door after him...

He clicked the phone off and put it in the pocket, then sighed deeply as he walked down her walkway to the road and sidewalk where he would wait for the cab. He took the notecard out of his pocket and read it and the address. flipped it with his fingers and put it back in his pocket and stood waiting at the sidewalk.

"God I need my own car or something...this place sucks for public transportation..."

After minutes what seemed like hours the "same" cabbie from before showed up and gruffly said to Izanagi as he plopped into the backseat... "Kid...you need your own car...now to where to?"

Izanagi responded to the girls address...and they sped off "Viatrix..." was her name he thought to himself...Izanagi only hoped she would be there...it hadnt really been that long since he saw her...and she asked him to come....

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

Kina nods. "It still...hurts. But not as badly." She bows her head. "I'm...sorry. For all the trouble."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Gralster

With Null Mind dead, Gralster had time to focus on the other arrival.

"Then seek out the great city of Las Noches in the endless sands of Hueco Mundo, the Ghost King of all Hollows is always in need to ambitious arrancar."
    "Las Noches, eh?" The salaryman considered for a moment. "I may see what it has to offer me. In the meanwhile, there's some unfinished business. I'll keep in touch."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Haruaki
    [Houheiden Shrine]

Haruaki shook his head politely and smiled.

"There is nothing you should apologize for. You are a strong young woman. All I can do is to give you a little help. Not that you need it I think. Have confidence in yourself, and in your friends also."

He gently touched her forehead and closed his eyes to concentrate. But he continued to speak.

"In those warm feelings find your center, and there you will find yourself again."

Kina could feel a warm tingle-tingle in her body and a feeling like some weight is gone.

Haruaki looked up after this was finished, and saw Mihail and Hasunaga. He doesn't recognize Mihail, but seeing Hasunaga he small smile to his face.

"I see my daughter has caused you some trouble Mr. Hasunaga." He said politely.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Kina nods. "...Thank you." She gets up and almost runs to Sayaka, giving her a big hug. "Are...are you alright? I...sensed something was wrong and ran over. I saw that hollow...did he do anything to you?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kina nods. "...Thank you." She gets up and almost runs to Sayaka, giving her a big hug. "Are...are you alright? I...sensed something was wrong and ran over. I saw that hollow...did he do anything to you?"
    Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka smiled and hugged Kina. She did seem to notice that Kina was taller than Sayaka remembered. Or was she shorter?

"I'm glad you are alright. I'm sorry for worrying you." She replied. Then she looked back at her father.

"The hollow attacked me...and said something about memories. But I'm not sure what happened. I- there are some things that are strange." She tried to explain.

Haruaki nodded and patted her on the head.

"Yes I can see. For one thing, when did I miss you becoming a second year student?"
    Sayaka blinked.

"What? I'm talking about the-"
    Haruaki laughed.

"Saya chan, you know that I'd never forget your birthday. And I certainly wouldn't forget you entering high school! Strange, I thought we had taken care of this once before. It must be deja vu. We surely bought the uniform... I remember that. It looks like the school made a mistake with enrollment. That's the second year uniform, isn't it?"

Sayaka looked down and her face turned red.
    "Y-yes... but it's my uniform. Isn't it? I'm a..." She paused. No, she didn't remember if she was. She couldn't ever recall having sat in a second year class. Haruaki shook his head.

"You're my daughter, and I'd never forget something as important as this. It looks like we found what the hollow did though."

"No, that's not it. Something's not right. I've never been in their class. I don't remember sitting next to Kina or Ken, or who was in my class." Sayaka said.
    Sayaka's eyes widened. Was that it? The hollow had destroyed her memories of school? She could remember faces and names, and some things like a gym... but she couldn't remember the things that surrounded them.

Sayaka trembled with this horror. All because she had made a mistake against a hollow.

Haruaki frowned.

"A kind of amnesia then. You don't remember school... But it will be ok Sayaka." He hugged her.
    "You can make it through this. You have good friends who can help you. And I'll always help you too." He looked at Ken and Kina.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken
    Ken nodded in response to Haruaki's last few words. "He's right. I was there for you today and I'll be there for you again tomorrow. I'm sorry I was only able to lessen the harm you received instead of fully preventing it though," he said somberly.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-13 at 01:48 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka looked like she wanted to say something. But she did not know what. She looked at Ken and then looked down.

"Thank you Ken." She said.

Haruaki smiled.

"He's a reliable classmate, and I'm sure he'd be happy to help you at school or study together, or anything."

Sayaka looked annoyed. But at least for this situation, it was a normal reaction of Sayaka.

"...Maybe it's so." She responded. But she had more red on her cheeks.

Haruaki stood up.
    "I'll make a call to the school to make sure everything is ok. But first..."

He looked at Hasunaga and Mihail.
    "Can I help you?"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

"Wait. But...it's not right." Kina looks at Sayaka again. "It's not...the logic...it doesn't fit." Slowly Kina pulls out of the hug. "Is something wrong?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka shook her head. Her frustration was too much. And Kina pulling away was made her feel something different. Fear. Why?

"No, I don't know what's going on. I don't know at all. I can't remember. What happened to me?
    I didn't die. I'm still here. I can still feel things. But it's like everything is different. Size, shape, feelings. Everything isn't what I remembered, but I can't remember, so how can I know what I'm supposed to feel?!"

She slammed her hands to cover her eyes.

"Everything is just wrong."

"I can't explain it. I can't answer. I don't know Kina. I just don't know."
    She looks up and sees the paper crumpled in Mihail's hand.
    "That! I placed that! It was in the shoe box, I know it. I don't know which shoe box. But it was a shoe box.
    And why did I put that there?
    It was to protect something. To protect someone.
    But where that box was, I don't remember. And before that, I came from a class. But what class was it? I don't remember! I can't see the faces in the room! I don't know what was the desk! I don't remember who was the teacher!

I can't remember my student number, what I studied, or when I arrived at school this morning!

But I know that is Mr. Hasunaga, and he is a teacher! I know you and Ken are students, and you go to that school. But where am I in this?! I know I knew you. I know I knew Ken. I know Ken even stayed here at Houheiden before today! But I don't know where I am connected to this!"

Her hands shake. Sayaka's frustrated voice tries not to fall from control to anguish.
    "It's like I'm just a hole in all of this. I'm empty and a void. I'm no different than the hollow. It's like I have no connection to the world! Why?

What happened to me?"

Sayaka, who always had a cool and detached expression, now looked at the sky with tears on her face.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Kina can't help but feel terrible sorrow. Without waiting a moment she hugs Sayaka again. "It's alright, Sayaka. We'll help you through everything. You have us. We won't forget you."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Sayaka
    [Houheiden]
    He looked at Hasunaga and Mihail.
    "Can I help you?"
    Mihail snaps out of his thoughts and hands the creased paper talisman towards Haruaki. "This belongs to her?", he asks, just when Sayaka has her outburst.

The foreign man stares at the girl. He glances at the talisman, then back at Sayaka, then back at the talisman, finally stepping towards her and offering the talisman to her. "I think it was for school", he says. "Mistook it for trash. I am sorry. I will not throw away more."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken grabbed Sayaka's right hand and held it firmly. "That's nonsense! You aren't just like a hollow. You have friends and family who care about you. You're not only connected to this world by what you remember and think of others. You're also connected by what people remember and think of you. I both think and know you're a nice young girl that is being patently ridiculous right now. A hollow needs to eat souls to sate itself. All you need are more memories to replace the ones you've lost and I'd be happy to help make them with you. How can you not be connected? You're connected to me right now!" He was clearly brimming with resolve to back up his words.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-13 at 09:18 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Kina's hug and reassurance and Ken's hold of her hand and his reassurance also receive Sayaka's own grateful emotions.

We'll help you through everything.
    You have us.
    We won't forget you.
    You're also connected by what people remember and think of you.
    All you need are more memories to replace the ones you've lost.

You're connected to me right now!

All of these things Sayaka could feel were spoken truly. And in her heart they gave her warmth and hope. And she locked these treasures in her heart.
    She closed her eyes to fight tears, and smiled truly.
    "Thank you... Thank you!" She says softly. She hugs Kina and Ken together.

Mihail approaches as Sayaka recovers, and she looks at him. She looks at the talisman, and then pushes it back in his hand.
    "N-no, it's ok. Please keep it. I can make more of them. Maybe it can help protect you a little at least this way."

Now at least, Sayaka knew she had two friends she could trust. And that made this not as dark.
    She did realize she was still holding Ken's hand, and so removed it quickly and tugged on the big uniform she wore.

Haruaki
    [Houheiden]

Haruaki had been quiet this time, and moved towards Mr. Hasunaga and Mihail to let the students have more space together. He had a serious and troubled look on his face.

"I trust you'll look after the school. These kids can't go off and try to fight yet. They need more experience and training." He speaks to Mr. Hasunaga softly so the students cannot hear. He gestures for Mr. Mihail to come also.
    "I'm not sure what happened, but there was a disturbance this afternoon. It looks like we were lucky this time.
    Ah, but first- I suppose I should confirm you also know something of spiritual affairs?"
    He asks Mihail.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

The foreign janitor turns to face the priest. "Yes. A lot."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Hasunaga bit his lip. He'd been worried about the girl for some time now. It seemed like the other kids were right there to support her, though. That changed his frown into a light smile.

How long has it been since the last time I saw something like this?

Then, he turned to Haruaki.

"Your daughter didn't trouble me at all. It's my duty to look after my students. But..." He was reluctant to point out the next part. "I don't want them to go off hunting Hollows. They're just kids, they're not meant to fight. I can train them to become more proficient at defense - but I won't help them run off to get themselves hurt.

I know that Sayaka was targetted because she has spiritual powers. And that as long as she does, she's a target. But it's one thing to defend yourself, and another to run after danger.

I do not want them to get hurt. Training gives confidence. And confidence can be a dangerous thing."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken continued to speak to Sayaka earnestly. "By the way, I've decided I'll be doing all the cooking and housework today and for the next several days. It's the least I can do for you after being invited to stay here and seeing the recent trouble you've gone through. Remember you said that if you cooked for me it didn't mean anything special? Well my cooking for you does. It means I really care about you and want to pay you back for the delicious meals you made me. Just name whatever you want and I'll make it. I thought about doing this for a while now and this is an excellent time to repay you and your father for some of what you've done for me." Then he turned to Kina, "Why don't you stay the night so you can taste my cooking and take more time to compose yourself before returning home?"
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-14 at 02:33 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Haruaki
    [Houheiden]

Haruaki looks at Mr. Hasunaga again. He is reassured of Mr. Mihail.

"I don't want them to hunt hollows either. They're just kids, I know. But I'm afraid that persuading them not to has already failed. And my daughter was injured because of it. Maybe I didn't do enough. But if I failed to teach my daughter not to get involved in this sort of thing already, then I will always fail to teach them also.

They will always be targets. They will have to learn to defend themselves- we cannot always defend them.
    At some time they will have to have some guidance. And at that time your assistance would be appreciate."

Haruaki said, his serious look returning to his normal smile.

"Perhaps we can continue this discussion some other time though."
    He says, looking at the students again.

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Ken's words made Sayaka's face become very annoyed and red.

"I-I'm not sick you lovesick oaf! And you don't know all of the chores! I haven't taught you them all!

B-besides, you saved me! Isn't that repay already?

A-and the meals don't need to be done! I can do it myself! I don't even know what kind of cook you are. B-but I bet it isn't a good one."

She looks away, annoyed.
    "Kina, of course you can stay for dinner." She does say quickly to reassure her friend.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

"I suppose. But I still don't think it's a good idea, Haruaki." Hasunaga sighed a little. He didn't want to admit it, but Sayaka's father did have a point - they would get hurt over and over again before they would give it up.

But he couldn't stand to let them go through the same pains he did.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Mihail is somewhat puzzled by the conversation. "This common occurrence here?", he asks. He needs to think for a moment to find the right words for the follow-up. "Where are Shinigami?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

"L-l-lovesick?" Ken pretended to be taken aback. "I just wanted to show my heartfelt appreciation for the kindness you and your father have bestowed upon me. I had thought someone with your straightforward nature would see my actions as just that," he said innocently. "I hadn't thought about it much but now that you've mentioned it maybe I am, with you, in lo-lo-lo- Ooooh! I can't say it! It's too embarrassing!" Ken simultaneously squeezed his eyes shut tightly and brought his hands to his face to hide his nonexistent blushing before turning away from Sayaka. A moment later, he timidly peered back out of the corner of his eye at her. "P-p-perhaps you're right and you've seen through me... because... you feel... the same way... about me?" He appeared extremely concerned about how she would answer.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-02-14 at 02:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto

Kina nods in agreement. "O-okay. I'll...I'll stay. Thank you." As Ken and Sayaka continue, however, Kina pulls away from the two and gets up to lean against a nearby wall. She bites her lip a bit and turns away from the two. Despite some personal resistance, however, she still steals a glance or two. Her hand slides up to her arm, grasping as it does.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Haruak
    [Houheiden]

"The shinigami are busy. This town has many occurrences of the supernatural. Some, like hollows, and perhaps other more occurrences also."

Erima
    [Eating strawberries and doing homework in Takara's room]
    Sneeze!
    Haruaki had a rueful smile to Hasunaga. "Of course it's not a good idea. But it must be done. I will prepare things here for some training. Meanwhile, please take care of the school."

Sayaka
    [Houheiden]

Sayaka glared with cold and hot expression. To tremble with annoyance quickly she stood up to hit Ken on the head.
    "No." It was a cold reply and very fast.

But a cold reply can be comforting in a hot August evening. Sayaka's punch was not comforting, but it was not so strong either. Maybe it was affection punch?

Though such a misunderstanding can be dangerous. Sayaka seemed at least more normal like this.
    "If you really want to repay something, help me with homework later." She said finally.

Red faced, Sayaka retreated to the inside of the Kondo house to cook dinner.