New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "I am an intelligent spirit with years of experience beyond your lifespan. You may not pet me."

Gabi is not amused.
    Neither is Ken. "What would it take to get you to let me pet you?"

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    "Alright, that seems like a good idea. How about...Izumi, Kaito, and Sora go to this 'Furousha Shop,' Ken, Ren, and Rex, try tracking them, and Valeria, Sayaka, and me go try my method?"
    "Seems sound. Gives us halfway-decent rounding...of..."

At that, quite insane, indead, Gabi speaks up.

"That is a dumb plan, splitting up."
    Kaito blinks and turns to look at Gabi.

Nakahiro considers for a moment, then nods.

He pauses.

"Did that bird just talk?"
    "Um. Yes. it did."

"Not after that last display. The group without Val or Sora has a good chance of being attacked by wild hollows. Tall, pale and red-eyed feels enough like an arrancar to scare off the common sorts that roam by themselves."

Gabi flaps his wings.

"And I am Valeria's instructor, of course I speak!"
    "Point the first, we didn't know this. Point the second, you're what?

And what if we had Sora with one group, and Val with another? Would that at least give us some, ah, 'breathing room'?
    "

"I am an intelligent spirit with years of experience beyond your lifespan. You may not pet me."

Gabi is not amused.
    "You're an ancient spirit...in a bird?"
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-05-30 at 09:46 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - With the Group (Day 19)

Kina remains silent through the proceedings, though she considers speaking up for a few moments. When Mayumi mentions being a Quincy, Kina hides her cross, shifting just slightly away. Over the conversation, she looks at Kaito probably more times than she should. She also seems to motion in greeting to those she doesn't recognize (Sora, Yoko, and Ren specifically).

When Nakahiro makes groups, Kina coughs. "Um, you forgot me. I can help!" Kina looks down a bit after saying so. You think, anyways.

Gabi speaking startles Kina, but she adapts to the situation quickly. "Um..."
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-30 at 09:57 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "Seems sound. Gives us halfway-decent rounding...of..."

Kaito blinks and turns to look at Gabi.

"Um. Yes. it did."

"Point the first, we didn't know this. Point the second, you're what?

And what if we had Sora with one group, and Val with another? Would that at least give us some, ah, 'breathing room'?
    "

"You're an ancient spirit...in a bird?"
    Yoko walks into the midst of the group. "I'll go with Izumi and the group to Viatrix's shop. That's the safest place. Valeria can take a group with Nakahiro and Sora can go with Kaito and another group. Everyone else can divide however they want. Who's coming with me?"
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito turns to Kina, remorse on his own featurs.

"That was unfair of us Kina. I think we can-"

Then Yoko barges in.

"What the hell are you doing here, and how are you going to be able to help?"

6. - Top - End - #1056

Kaito turns to Kina, remorse on his own featurs.

"That was unfair of us Kina. I think we can-"

Then Yoko barges in.

"What the hell are you doing here, and how are you going to be able to help?"
    "Listen, kid. I know what I'm doing. Rex goes with you and Sora, take one or two other people. Me, Izumi, and one or two more go to the shop. Valeria and Nakahiro take a group as well. It's the best chance you've got to avoid being devoured tonight." She goes to stand by Izumi. "And I have loose relation to Viatrix. One could say we're practically family."

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

"It's...it's okay." Kina smiles brightly, though her voice shows a bit of disappointment. She is about to speak further before Yoko starts talking, at which point Kina shuts her mouth. "Um...what's the group division?"

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kina Yoshimoto - With the Group (Day 19)
    She also seems to motion in greeting to those she doesn't recognize (Sora, Yoko, and Ren specifically).

When Nakahiro makes groups, Kina coughs. "Um, you forgot me. I can help!" Kina looks down a bit after saying so. You think, anyways.
    "If you'd like to help I'd prefer to be paired up with you too." Ken smiled warmly at her.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "If you'd like to help I'd prefer to be paired up with you too." Ken smiled warmly at her.
    Kina smiles back at Ken. "I...um, I think that'd be good. But...um, perhaps we should figure out where everyone is going. There seems to be...friction. Again."

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course, but I'd rather just state my preferences in case I'm allowed to have them and let the others sort things out."

Ren silently answers Kina's greeting with one of his own.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-05-30 at 10:32 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I'm still wondering what you're doing here, why we should listen to your orders, how we can trust you, or how you coming along will actually keep a group safe."

Kaito is visibly agitated at this point, but seems to be keeping his powers in check for the moment.

12. - Top - End - #1062

"I'm still wondering what you're doing here, why we should listen to your orders, how we can trust you, or how you coming along will actually keep a group safe."

Kaito is visibly agitated at this point, but seems to be keeping his powers in check for the moment.
    "I'm following you. You shouldn't take my, orders, and you shouldn't trust me. I didn't say I'd make the group safe. Their destination makes the group marginally safer than the others. I'm clearly not a fighter like you, you big strapping young lad." She smiles sweetly and winks at Kaito. "You're free to choose whatever groups you want, but those are my suggestions. Kina, Ken, and Sayaka should go with Nakahiro and Valeria."

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex gave Gabi an even look. "And the normal ol' Hollows that might come lookin' for my group are gonna get awful dead awful fast. I can handle myself."

The even look became open annoyance as Yoko barged in and started tossing around orders. Rex positively started to loom. "For someone sayin' they're not givin' orders, you're bein' awfully bossy."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes, I am in a bird, because I have a bird form. Not all hollows win the size and superpower lottery all right."

Gabi nests himself more confortable.

"Besides, I don't know why splitting up is even needed. Quincy boy said he has already learned to track spiritual signatures, that should be more than enough if they didn't use garganta."

Gabi stares Rex down.

"Don't get cocky kid. Sora's display wasn't your run of the mil-reiatsu, it was arrancar reiatsu, normal hollows will steer clear of that, it is really nasty things that will catch that scent."
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-05-30 at 11:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Orc in the Playground

[Group]

Valeria twiddles her thumbs as the others speak.

"...I'm not sure about splitting up, the bigger a group we have the better."

[Furousha Shop]

Vi stands up. "It's in the back, let me grab it."

In the order of less than a minute, the girl brings back a nondescript body bag. "You're lucky your friend paid for it, I don't make a habit out of helping hollows, they usually don't have any money to speak of."

She eyes the haggard old man with a look that says 'be with you in a minute'.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - In the Group (Day 19)

Kina nods at Valeria's comment. "Um, I agree. I don't think...splitting up is a good idea."

17. - Top - End - #1067

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Rex gave Gabi an even look. "And the normal ol' Hollows that might come lookin' for my group are gonna get awful dead awful fast. I can handle myself."

The even look became open annoyance as Yoko barged in and started tossing around orders. Rex positively started to loom. "For someone sayin' they're not givin' orders, you're bein' awfully bossy."
    The girl throws up her arms in clearly fake anger. "Fine, don't do anything of the sort. Everyone should all go together and make one big group, because there's no way anyone could be trying to trick you into doing something stupid. Everyone who was taken just so happens to tie to one of you? Someone's done their homework." She spins on her heel and begins walking toward Viatrix's shop.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    [Furousha Shop]

Carmelia looked at the older man, and scanned him, turning to face him more. This reveals that indeed, her mask looks like the face of a sleeping woman. Her arms in front of her, she looks like some kind of noblewoman. Her entire posture practically screams "high and mighty". "It should." She rather briefly states. Her attention seems to be focused on this man, now that he mentions such things as gigais.
    The man makes no sign that he is even aware of Carmelia's presence.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

19. - Top - End - #1069

Spoiler
    Show
    "Not after that last display. The group without Val or Sora has a good chance of being attacked by wild hollows. Tall, pale and red-eyed feels enough like an arrancar to scare off the common sorts that roam by themselves."

Gabi flaps his wings.

"And I am Valeria's instructor, of course I speak!"
    Nakahiro seems to recover quickly from his surprise.

"I factored that into account. Rex and Ken are two of our strongest and most experienced fighters."

He turns to Ken at the student's objection.

"Hm, well...I guess Sayaka could move into your group, if she wants to."

Kina's voice causes him to plant a hand over his face briefly before facing her.

"I am so sorry, Kina, I completely forgot about you. If Sayaka switches groups, you should probably come with me and Valeria, otherwise-"

He might have said more, but Yoko barges in at that moment. He seems a bit surprised, but at the very least doesn't react angrily.

"Can we hear your reasoning for those specific groups, Yoko? I did put a lot of thought into my divisions, so I'm kind of curious why you chose the way you did."

He looks back at Gabi.

"And...Valeria's instructor...you came up with a possible way to foil spiritual tracking just in that one sentence. These kidnappings are, to my knowledge, unusual. There may be more unusual things going on than we know about. The more ground we cover, and the faster we cover it, the more likely we are to be successful."

He looks between Valeria and Kina at their objection.

"I can understand your hesitance, but...well, I just gave a pretty good explanation of my reasoning, so..."

He glances at the departing Yoko and shrugs slightly before turning his gaze back on the main group.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-05-30 at 11:33 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

20. - Top - End - #1070

Nakahiro seems to recover quickly from his surprise.

"I factored that into account. Rex and Ken are two of our strongest and most experienced fighters."

He turns to Ken at the student's objection.

"Hm, well...I guess Sayaka could move into your group, if she wants to."

Kina's voice causes him to plant a hand over his face briefly before facing her.

"I am so sorry, Kina, I completely forgot about you. If Sayaka switches groups, you should probably come with me and Valeria, otherwise-"

He might have said more, but Yoko barges in at that moment. He seems a bit surprised, but at the very least doesn't react angrily.

"Can we hear your reasoning for those specific groups, Yoko? I did put a lot of thought into my divisions, so I'm kind of curious why you chose the way you did."

He looks back at Gabi.

"And...Valeria's instructor...you came up with a possible way to foil spiritual tracking just in that one sentence. These kidnappings are, to my knowledge, unusual. There may be more unusual things going on than we know about. The more ground we cover, and the faster we cover it, the more likely we are to be successful."

He looks between Valeria and Kina at their objection.

"I can understand your hesitance, but...well, I just gave a pretty good explanation of my reasoning, so..."

He glances at the departing Yoko before turning his gaze back on the main group.
    Yoko grins without facing any of the group, when she turns around she's replaced it with a serious face. "Glad you asked, Nakahiro-san. Valeria and Sora should be in different groups for obvious reasons. Kaito-san would be going with Sora-san because they'll work well together. Honestly better than I'd expect you to work with him, no offense. Rex would be going with them because of his tracking capability. You're going with Valeria-san because of your abilities to track. Ken, Sayaka, and Kino are going with you due to the sizing of the groups. Ren, Izumi, Myself and whomever else would want to go will be going to Viatrix's store.

She smiles innocently. "I'm going for personal reasons, and because I've been there before. Izumi's going because she wants to, and I thought Ren should go with his group because of how their siblings were together when they disappeared. The group going to Viatrix's store will be the safest overall, since they won't be looking for trouble like the other groups, and because everyone in the know has a ceasefire around there. No one wants to estrange Viatrix, not even the hollows."

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Furousha Shop]

Vi stands up. "It's in the back, let me grab it."

In the order of less than a minute, the girl brings back a nondescript body bag. "You're lucky your friend paid for it, I don't make a habit out of helping hollows, they usually don't have any money to speak of."

She eyes the haggard old man with a look that says 'be with you in a minute'.
    Carmelia sticks a hand out of the long sleeves, reaching for the body bag. "I would not be as hasty as to call him my friend, or say that you're helping me until we know you actually are."

She looks at the bag rather akwardly. "...What should I do with this thing?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

22. - Top - End - #1072

Nakahiro listens to Yoko's explanation.

"I see. I placed Kaito in the Furousha Shop group since he was the one who was actually solicited by the owner in the first place. Izumi expressed an interest in going, and Sora is both friends with Izumi and has his scary Reiatsu." and Kaito and Sora were trying to be friendlier, but Nakahiro refrains from stating such. "Group 2. Rex is the central member of the group due to his tracking capabilities and knowledge of Hollows. Ren knows the route his sister takes to school, so he could guide them until Rex 'picked up the scent,' so to speak. Ken would go because he is, as I said before, one of our heavy hitters, and the group wouldn't have a source of Hollow Reiatsu to ward off potential trouble. I am the central member of group 3 since it was based off of my tracking method. Valeria's unusual sensing capabilities would mesh very well with the tracking method I would be using. Sayaka has more knowledge of spiritual matters than either of us, and can handle herself in a fight."

He scratches the back of his neck.

"So there is some flexibility, but that's what I was thinking. Obviously I excluded Kina, but she would be equally helpful in any of the three groups."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-05-31 at 12:40 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1073

Sora bites his lip as everyone discusses his reiatsu. Honestly, he didn't know it was that unusual. Couldn't everybody flare reiatsu like his? He sensed a weaker version of it just about everyday, usually on Hollows.

"Why do we have to split up into three groups? If you're really that worried about attacks, wouldn't it be easier to not split up at all?"

He refrains from mentioning that Nakahiro's idiotic plan for putting heavy hitters on each team would go to hell if the teams run into the trickier forms of Hollows.

"Lad! Yeh've got ta state yer mind! Don't ya dare start slackin' oof now!"

"Shut up voice in my head. You sound like a moron."

The voice growls.

"Fine boy. I'll sound more serious. Is this more to your liking?" Sora flinches at the biting sarcasm from the voice in his head.

"Better. Now shut up, I need to think. Nakahiro's plan is terrible. But it's the best choice."

The voice laughs softly, evilly.

"You could lead 'em kid. You've got the power, and that's what matters."

Sora nearly snorted. He couldn't lead himself out of a room with one exit.

"Hmph. Worthless brat."

The voice faded, and Sora sighs.

"All I'm saying is that I think, that out of all of us, the only one who seems to have a sensible plan is a talking bird. When the voice of reason is a talking bird, we clearly have problems."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

24. - Top - End - #1074

Nakahiro turns his attention to Sora.

"I'm more worried about working as efficiently as possible. That was my top priority. I wanted minimize danger, but speed came first. Hence the division into groups. I also don't believe the bird has given an actual plan. Her statements have more been rebuttals of others' plans."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-05-31 at 12:43 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1075

The Count continues to study the list in his hands, eyes diverted from a sight that would easily shatter the mind of the typical passerby.
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Carmelia sticks a hand out of the long sleeves, reaching for the body bag. "I would not be as hasty as to call him my friend, or say that you're helping me until we know you actually are."

She looks at the bag rather akwardly. "...What should I do with this thing?"
    "Take it out and try it out for a spin, I'd say. I don't really care." Sure, it's not very encouraging to repeat business but she was a deadbeat anyway, as far as the bount knew.

She looks to the other potential customer. "Can I help you?"

[Group]

"...I... Guess if we absolutely insist on splitting up... Nakahiro's plan sounds good." Val nods to Nakahiro. She didn't particularly trust Yoko... something about her just didn't seem right.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #1077

The man looks up from his list in response to the question. Noting the gigai, he inquires, "I most certainly hope so. Am I correct to assume that one may purchase custom variants on wares such as that body?"
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

"Don't get cocky kid. Sora's display wasn't your run of the mil-reiatsu, it was arrancar reiatsu, normal hollows will steer clear of that, it is really nasty things that will catch that scent."
    Somewhere, Yui sneezes. I'm getting a cold again?, she thinks and sighs. Oh no, not again! I'll get fired if I call in sick any more often...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka

Since the bird began talking, Sayaka is watching it dangerously.
    Maybe the explanation is acceptable for other students. But Sayaka knows many things about the supernatural. This bird is very suspicious. It's spiritual presence is not sensed, and so it must be hiding it- this is the conclusion of Sayaka.

To hide it then, there must be a reason. To assume then, if it is teaching Valeria, there are many dangerous possibility of it's nature.

But it is not an opportunity to focus on this. Sayaka will remember however.

Yoko Rose is also unknown to Sayaka. But her attitude is also dangerous, even if there is good advice also.

There is no time for argument now.
    "We are splitting up to quickly locate the missing people. Once they are located, of course use the phones to contact each other. We can group up together and enter at this point." Sayaka suggests.

She looks at Nakahiro. "I will support you and Valeria with my expertise. If Rex has experience in tracking, then I will only slow down that team."

Knowing of the Quincy in general, Sayaka also does not say, but understands, to have a powerful team of melee and range ability, Sayaka's own support ability is wasted.
    She also does not say, but she will not leave Valeria alone with this suspicious 'bird'. Even if the monster cat has disappeared, there can be other trouble.

She looks at Kaito with a serious look. "Be careful at the store. It has an unfortunate name."

"Sorry, wait a minute Nakahiro." She says.

Sayaka then kneels down to the ground. She reveals out a white piece of paper with calligraphy on it (one of her talisman)and tears it to square shape. She begins to fold it into origami, to make a compass. To have no pen, she thinks and holds it in her mouth while saying prayer with her hands and closed eyes. Then she takes her hair clip to mark "West" direction point of compass. An unusual look to Sayaka's clean appearance as her hair falls free, she hands the origami compass to Nakahiro.
    "You can use it as a focus for your power."

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2011-05-31 at 10:35 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi stares back at Sayaka. Staaares. With his little, beady, black, bird eyes.

"And that is one less group needed for your plan. Matter of fact, speed is hardly necessary, if wild hollows are involved and the people were taken instead of eaten, then there is something else behind them. Maybe even a shinigami!"

Gabi sounds a bit cocky as he slanders the shinigami.

"If Rex can find a trail all the way to the targets, that is all we'll need. If we hit a dimentional dead end, then the compass trick may be needed, or maybe a pesquisa and a little luck."

"If all else fails I know a shinigami trick the blue girl can try."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing