New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Kotone
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Edge of Town]

Just within the suburbs, at the beginning of the woods just outside Fushichou Town...

A man walks aimlessly towards the town, smelling of dirt. The hood on his sweatshirt is drawn above his head, obscuring many of his features. This man seems at peace, without purpose...

And next to him, a large brown bear follows.

This is probably fairly alarming to the citizens as the hooded man makes his way downtown. However, the bear does not give them any mind, seemingly seeing fit to follow his apparent companion.
    Okay, it hadn't gone as well as Kotone had expected. Apparently the hot tip had been some stupid kid who'd sent her on a wild goose chase around the town. However, after the crushing defeat of that particular event, she'd come upon a complete breakthrough. Normally, seeing a strange man walking through town was suspicious enough (at least by Kotone's standards), but this man was following a bear around downtown Phoenix Town!

"This is Shinohara Kotone reporting to you live from downtown Phoenix Town, where we are showing you live feed of a potentially dangerous man walking through the downtown area. While we have no knowledge of this man's destination or intentions, but we advise that you avoid the downtown Phoenix Town area until we are sure that it is cleared. Rest assured that we will keep you up to date with all the latest news, here on Fushichou TV!"

She and Andy were tailing Magnus as he walked through town, a fair distance behind him but still pretty obvious about it. They were absolutely ready to run if he made the slightest sign of seeing them, but Kotone couldn't pass this chance up. How often did a reporter get to see a man following a bear around a well populated town? It was journalistic gold!
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-02-24 at 10:55 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

[Downtown Fushichou]

Magnus just keeps on walking. He's not even sure what he's headed for. He just liked walking. He definitely wasn't on a straight path, making turns seemingly at a whim. As he and the bear pass a few food establishments, he begins to slow somewhat.

"Hmmm... You hungry, boy?" He looks to the bear. "Gotta be plenty of food around here. We could even ask those people that have been following us." He is utterly relaxed, and nonchalant, even as people run away at first sight of the massive beast nearby.

"...Don't let them get to you, pal."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Bear takes Magnus's advice, continuing along nonchalantly. Its eyes idly follow some of the fleeing people, before it apparently decides that chasing them would be too much hassle. It continues to follow Magnus.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

[Downtown Fushichou]

Magnus pats Bear on the side, then turns to the pair behind him, waving. "Hey, you know where we can find some food?"

...He seems completely not-serial killerish or really dangerous at all. Just... a little lacking on the knowledge that bears do not commonly inhabit cities.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

Despite his general affable attitude, Kotone jumps a foot in the air when he speaks to them and motions to Andy to keep the camera rolling. If he attacked, they'd get it all on tape, and if she died while interviewing him, then she would be praised as a martyr of journalism! All of her works would be posthumously lauded as the acts of a genius! Maybe she'd even be awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Journalism!

She approaches the man, still very wary of his large bear friend. She stops well out of arm's reach. "Um, there are a few supermarkets and stores nearby. I can give you directions, but if you wouldn't mind, I have a few questions to ask you first. Would you mind answering them?" Kotone, despite her fear of the potentially dangerous man and his most definitely dangerous bear, was barreling on. She was going to get this man's story, darn it!
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

[Elsewhen, at the Palace of Justice...]

It's a fairly bright day outside. A man in his late twenties dressed in an impeccable white suit with matching trousers and shoes (as well as a red tie) patiently awaits outside Phoenix Town's Palace of Justice. He leans softly on his cane, both hands resting atop it; a medium-height man roughly the same age stands beside him holding a pair of briefcases.

"Reiji-san, there you are."

The man turned towards where he'd heard the sound coming from. His cane moved but momentarily, tapping the ground around him so he could be certain of the footing. The one who'd called him was accompanied by a teenager, most likely his son.

"Hello, Akira-san. Good to meet you today."

"Likewise. Son, this is prosecutor Mitsurugi Reiji. He and I have been working together for years."

At this, Reiji leaned forward a bit and offered his hand for a shake. Being blind and Japanese meant he couldn't possibly get the timing for a bow right.

"Your father tells me you'd like to work with criminalistic science?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

[Downtown Fushichou]

"Uhhh..." Magnus scratches his head, and a bit of gravel pours from his preternaturally filthy hair. He looks upon the woman with withdrawn eyes, obviously not the least bit interested despite how attractive she is. "Sure, I guess."

He gives a nod to Bear, so he knows not to be afraid or threatened by the woman and his cameraman.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Bear remains unperturbed, taking a few shuffling steps toward Kotone, before rising up on its hind legs to get a better look at the journalist. It snuffs the air a few times, and its front paws, roughly the size of frying pans, rise up, either to maintain balance, or disembowel the intrepid reporter.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

Kotone brightened up immediately when the man did not enter raving lunatic mode, and she brought her microphone to the ready in anticipation of both the following questions and in case she needed to defend herself. It wasn't the best weapon in the world, but it was certainly better than her bare hands (or would that be bear hands?).

"Marvelous! Now then, first of all. What is your name, and who are you, sir? I'm certain that our viewers are very curious to find out who it is that's wandering their town with his obviously kind and very handsome bear." She said, her eyes never leaving the very large animal's claws, raised in the air in what she hoped wasn't a threatening gesture. Please God let it not be in a threatening gesture.

Jimmy-san damn well better be filming this, she thought to herself as her hands shook ever so slightly. Though her nerves were as steel, and she had talked to convicts and rapists in the pursuit of a story, she had never spoken to any of them without a safety wall or a very large security guard between them. She just hoped that she could outrun a bear if she needed to.
    Star Wars iTP characters

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Under Furousha]

Viatrix eyes Aura.

Fuchs also eyes Aura.

"So, you want to trade some fancy glasses for the secret to my garganta machine." Vi says this about as flat as possible. Then considers for a moment.

Then busts out laughing. "You seriously expect me to give it to you for that low? Come on now, you probably have way more than a few fancy sunglasses to give me." She wipes away a few humorous tears.

"Whether it be cash or more cool gadgets."

[Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (Looking down the weird hole in the ground outside the Furousha Shop)

Izanagi peered over the edge trying to adjust his eyes to what he sees. It is way deeper than Izanagi thought, and he couldnt really make out anything other than it looked like a whole big area underneath.

He tried to lean in farther to see, havign to regain his balance by gripping harder on the edge of the whole to steady himself a few times so he wouldnt fall in, but alas he still couldnt see anything.

Izanagi sat back on his knees and looked around in a huff...he sighed and looked back to the hole for a moment, then up to the sky. Then his eyes burst open widely, and he swiveled his bag from around his back to in front of him and dug and opened it quickly and dug around in side for a moment before pulling out with great enthusiasm a long white telephoto lens for his camera. This was a large and heavy lens that he used for taking pictures of birds or sporting events from far away, it was super expensive but was worth way more than that.

He raised the lens into the air with a bravado ridden gesture, looking like what the Statue of Liberty would look like if she were a photographer. "yes!" he said to himself a little louder than he at first thought he would say it. Then, like a race car pit crew with speed and precision, he started to take off the other lens and place this new long lens on his camera.

Once assembled, he placed his bag securely back around his back and inched forward towards to the hole once again. He steadied himself as best he could, and due to the size and heft of the lens on his camera, he could not hold himself in place with his hand, as he needed it to hold up the camera and lens.

He leaned over and looked down the hole again, this time through the camera. The autofocus started to focus in on what looked like two people, when Izanagi knew it was too late.

"WAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he yelled at the top of his lungs

Izanagi tumbled over the edge of the hole down into the light. He screamed probably louder in his own head than he did out loud. His life started flashing before his eyes as he flayed about as he fell grabbing at the air as if it were going to help, instead from another vantage point he would look like he was undoubtedly trying to look like the worst swimmer ever

He fell down and down, wondering why he had taken such a risk, was this what he deserved for letting his curiosity get the best of him, what was the purpose of him seeing those invisible people if it were only for him to die right here and now, his mind raced from his family to his friends, to his photography and even to that old fat lady's dogs which had been nipping at his legs just a few hours earlier

Izanagi fell down and down...this was it...

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

Andy

Andy is filming. From about fifteen feet away. He wants a nice headstart if he's filming a bear.

Sora

Sora's busy sulking in the Venti Buon. What exactly is unknown. He's just a very sulky person.

Aura

"Damn. I need a plan... I need a plan..."

"Oh no, this is merely the opening! I can get you more items! Like this watch I use!"

She fiddles with her watch a bit, smiling as it morphs into it's proper form.

"Here, check it out!"

She offers Vi the transformed watch.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

[Under Furousha]

Viatrix examines the watch skeptically.

Then, of course, she hears a scream. She looks up as she sees the goofy camera man from earlier.

Then she sees him splat to the ground, dying instantly. "...Okay."

Spoiler
    Show
    However, in reality, as Izanagi screams, Fuchs instantly jumps to action, leaping and catching the mortal as he forms a platform out of Reishi. A few jumps downward, and Izanagi is safely on the ground.

"Fuchs, you are such a Boy Scout."

[Downtown Fushichou]

Magnus shrugs. "Nobody, really... My friends call me Magnus, though." Kotone might be able to notice the odd smell of dirt around the man.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-25 at 11:24 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Under Furousha]

Viatrix examines the watch skeptically.

Then, of course, she hears a scream. She looks up as she sees the goofy camera man from earlier.

Then she sees him splat to the ground, dying instantly. "...Okay."

Spoiler
    Show
    However, in reality, as Izanagi screams, Fuchs instantly jumps to action, leaping and catching the mortal as he forms a platform out of Reishi. A few jumps downward, and Izanagi is safely on the ground.

"Fuchs, you are such a Boy Scout."

[Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (Laying on the ground under the Furousha Shop)

Izanagi's whole body was clenched tight, his knuckles white around his camera and his eyes agonizingly shut close as he lay on the ground down through the hole under the Furousha Shop.

After what seemed like an hour, Izanagi slowly unclenched his body and his eyes and opened them up looking straight up into the bright sky, at the top of which he saw a small opening which was obviously the hole he had fallen through.

His eyebrows then furrowed and quirked quickly.... "Am i in heaven?"... "how did i survive that fall?" He thought to himself along with a myriad of other things which raced through his mind...he was just glad he hadn't pissed himself...even if he was dead

As he thought these things he began to look away from the sky...which was when he saw the silver fox...

WAH!! IEEEEEE!!!! WHOOOAAAA!!!
    he yipped and yelled as he sprung up to his feet and slightly away from the fox, bringing up his hands in front of him like a shield...

"Wha..wha...wha... a Wild Fox!!!...Don.. Don't eat me!!! I'm not dead!!... right?"

Izanagi had taken pictures of animals before, but he had never been this close to one, and he felt he remembered someone saying that despite how cute Fox's looked ...they were vicious...

He cowered a bit as he looked on to the fox...

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Silly Kotone! Bears can run at 35 miles per hour over short distances; it's practically impossible for a human to outrun one. This one, however, doesn't look like it'll be putting her through her paces anytime soon. Seemingly mollified by the compliment, it gives one final snuff, looks down at her for a moment, and settles back onto the ground, blearily regarding the rest of its surroundings.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [Elsewhen, at the Palace of Justice...]

It's a fairly bright day outside. A man in his late twenties dressed in an impeccable white suit with matching trousers and shoes (as well as a red tie) patiently awaits outside Phoenix Town's Palace of Justice. He leans softly on his cane, both hands resting atop it; a medium-height man roughly the same age stands beside him holding a pair of briefcases.

"Reiji-san, there you are."

The man turned towards where he'd heard the sound coming from. His cane moved but momentarily, tapping the ground around him so he could be certain of the footing. The one who'd called him was accompanied by a teenager, most likely his son.

"Hello, Akira-san. Good to meet you today."

"Likewise. Son, this is prosecutor Mitsurugi Reiji. He and I have been working together for years."

At this, Reiji leaned forward a bit and offered his hand for a shake. Being blind and Japanese meant he couldn't possibly get the timing for a bow right.

"Your father tells me you'd like to work with criminalistic science?"
    Kaito gave a slightly narrowed glance at his father, who shrugged. The boy then reached forward to shake Reiji's hand.

"While it is one potential area of study, it would be more accurate at this time to say I'd like to work in the area of science. Law enforcement is a noble profession, but I don't wish to commit myself too heavily in one direction just yet."

Akira smiled a bit, patting his son on the shoulder.

"Point is, he's a smart kid. I figure giving some hints now and again can't hurt."

Kaito rolled his eyes, but there was no vitriol in the gesture.

"Anyways, my father's told me a bit about your work. Very impressive, Mr. Reiji. Even taking into account things like Braille, you're quite good at your job."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

"Thank you, young man. It's always great to find someone who appreciates my work.

And I can understand your unwillingness to commit this early. Your horizons are broad and unexplored yet. I didn't decide I wanted to be a prosecutor at your age, for example."

Reiji offers a smile to the teenager.

"Let me ask you something. Do you find that the inquisitiveness of a scientist comes from wanting to piece a puzzle together?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"That's a big part of it. I mean, I like just generally "knowing stuff", but researching and figuring out how things work, how they fit together? That's even more satisfying. Part of me wants to take that sort of work to the next level, and figure out how to make things better, you know? Get in on the cutting edge and all that. Exploring unknown frontiers."

He looks up at the rather intimidating Palace.

"Don't get me wrong, stopping criminals is good. But...I don't know. I guess I'll just need to give it a few years to know for sure."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

"So it wouldn't be wrong to say that a scientist's curiosity begins with the pursuit of truth."

Reiji didn't turn his head. He couldn't see that Kaito was looking at the Palace after all.

"A lot of people in the law tend to think their jobs are different. That the point of a prosecutor is to put people behind bars, that a lawyer is supposed to keep it from happening, and the judge has to keep them from tearing each other apart. But fact is, their job is nothing more than discovering the truth. Looking at each piece, each individual fact, to tell us what happened. In a way, it's not unlike History.

I think that you would be able to contribute a lot. Help us discover new things. Improve our methods. And not just for putting criminals away.

Here's an idea: my department works closely with forensics. If you'd like, we could get you a paid internship there. See how you like it, and if it turns out it's not your thing, then you'll have still learned something."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-02-25 at 08:51 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "So it wouldn't be wrong to say that a scientist's curiosity begins with the pursuit of truth."

Reiji didn't turn his head. He couldn't see that Kaito was looking at the Palace after all.

"A lot of people in the law tend to think their jobs are different. That the point of a prosecutor is to put people behind bars, that a lawyer is supposed to keep it from happening, and the judge has to keep them from tearing each other apart. But fact is, their job is nothing more than discovering the truth. Looking at each piece, each individual fact, to tell us what happened. In a way, it's not unlike History.

I think that you would be able to contribute a lot. Help us discover new things. Improve our methods. And not just for putting criminals away.

Here's an idea: my department works closely with forensics. If you'd like, we could get you a paid internship there. See how you like it, and if it turns out it's not your thing, then you'll have still learned something."
    Kaito was quiet for several moments. Finally, he gave a slow nod, for the benefit of his father, and responded.

"That seems like a reasonable offer. I imagine this would still be in a couple of years? I'm doubting they'll take a 16-year-old in just yet for such delicate work. Still, you're right, when all is said and done. I've never tried to utterly reject law enforcement. It's just..."

He gives his father an awkward look, then shuffles his feet a bit as he looks at the ground.

"I don't want my life defined by stuff like "oh, he's Akira's son, following in dad's footsteps". Not because dad's footsteps are bad, but because I want to be my own person, you know? Forge my own destiny, make my own path."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

"Kaito-kun, a person is not so easily defined. Your father is a good man, and he puts his heart into his work. As long as you do that, your path will always be your own - just like your heart. And even if you did follow your father's footsteps, you two would work in different ways, I'm sure of it.

My father was a prosecutor too. He worked hard to dismantle yakuza gangs like I do today. But no one's ever compared the two of us."

No one would dare.

"Well, you won't get to experiment right away, of course. But you'll be taught. You'll get to help, make your own observations. It will give you an edge when you decide where you want to go to college, too. I promise it'll be worth your while.

And who knows, you might just be able to put it into practice."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito started to give a slight bow, as if conceding the point, before remembering Reiji's blindness.

"You speak with unique insight, Mr. Reiji. Let it never be said I do not admire what my father does, or the dedication with which he does it. And, yes. I do believe no matter what, we won't ever work in quite the same ways."

"Reiji-san, I believe that's potentially a bit of an understatement. I'm good enough at my job, but I think my boy here inherited all of my wife's brains, and enough of mine to push him to the top of the class."

"Ah. Yes. Well. As for your offer, Mr. Reiji, could you perhaps gather information and paperwork, and send it to us? I don't want to make my decision so quickly, so rashly, you understand. This is the sort of thing that requires thought and contemplation."

When he next speaks, the confusion on his face is echoed in his voice.

"How would a high-school student be able to put skills learned in a criminal forensics lab into practice?"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

"I've actually been trained in investigative techniques myself, including forensic proceedings. You'd be surprised at the kind of thing knowing these can be useful for. For starters, it'll teach you organization and research skills, and those are sure to come in handy with your studies."

Reiji turned to Akira to answer his question.

"Well, you always tell me how bright a child he is, Akira-san. I wouldn't be making this offer if I didn't think he could make the most of it. Here, I thought you might ask for the paperwork."

At this, Reiji turned to his assistant. He put one briefcase down, and opened the other up, holding it open. Reiji ran his fingertips over the covers of a few folders, before picking one up and holding it for his assistant, who quietly replied it was the one he was looking for.

"Everything you need should be there. Think as long as you like, and give me a call when you decide, alright? My card's in that folder as well."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"True enough, Mr. Reiji, true enough."

Kaito blushes a bit at the praise, his father chuckling and patting him on the back.

"I suppose I do brag a bit now and again. Thank you for taking this seriously, and giving him this opportunity."

Kaito waits patiently as the folder is retrieved, taking it and tucking it under his arm.

"Thank you again, Mr. Reiji. I promise I will give this offer serious thought, and try to let you know as soon as possible what my answer is."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm sure you will, Kaito-kun. You should remember there are no right or wrong choices, only different consequences. I'll be happy if you take this up, but I don't want you to feel pressured or anything, okay?"

Reiji offered his hand out in Akira's direction, and then in Kaito's direction (assuming they shook his hand, that is).

"We'll talk later about the Nezumi case, Akira-san. I need to get ready for a hearing on a robbery case."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Well, I suppose that's one way to look at things. And I don't. Feel pressured, that is. It really is a very generous offer. Thank you again."

Both Akira and Kaito shook hands when Reiji offered his own. The Inspector started walking down the steps further; apparently, they had been on their way home when they ran into Keiji.

"Have a good day, Reiji-san!"

"Have a good day Mr. Reiji!"

Father and son were on their way to the car, but perhaps Reiji might pick up a bit of their conversation as they left.

"See? I told you coming today would be a good idea."

"Did you set this up?"

"I admit nothing! Haha!"

"And people think I'm the dorky one. Glad to know I got it from somewhere."

"You're not a "dork", Kaito."

"Aw, thanks dad."

"Nerd maybe, but not a dork!"

"Da~ad!"

Ah, the simple joys of family life.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

There was a wide smile on Reiji's face as he waved goodbye and heard their exchange. This made him feel good.

Perhaps, when I think about it, my other side isn't so necessary.

He truly hoped Kaito would take his offer. If nothing else, he would be able to chase his dreams and do good at the same time. And Reiji would be glad that he helped make it happen.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post

[Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (Laying on the ground under the Furousha Shop)

Izanagi's whole body was clenched tight, his knuckles white around his camera and his eyes agonizingly shut close as he lay on the ground down through the hole under the Furousha Shop.

After what seemed like an hour, Izanagi slowly unclenched his body and his eyes and opened them up looking straight up into the bright sky, at the top of which he saw a small opening which was obviously the hole he had fallen through.

His eyebrows then furrowed and quirked quickly.... "Am i in heaven?"... "how did i survive that fall?" He thought to himself along with a myriad of other things which raced through his mind...he was just glad he hadn't pissed himself...even if he was dead

As he thought these things he began to look away from the sky...which was when he saw the silver fox...

WAH!! IEEEEEE!!!! WHOOOAAAA!!!
    he yipped and yelled as he sprung up to his feet and slightly away from the fox, bringing up his hands in front of him like a shield...

"Wha..wha...wha... a Wild Fox!!!...Don.. Don't eat me!!! I'm not dead!!... right?"

Izanagi had taken pictures of animals before, but he had never been this close to one, and he felt he remembered someone saying that despite how cute Fox's looked ...they were vicious...

He cowered a bit as he looked on to the fox...

[/SPOILER]
    Upon closer examination, the fox seems to be made of flawless silver, and has no features (eyes, nose, even lack of fur). It seems to only be a fox in shape, really.

Viatrix hands the watch back to Aura for now, walking over to Izanagi and kneeling down. "You again, huh." She holds a hand out. "Camera, please."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Upon closer examination, the fox seems to be made of flawless silver, and has no features (eyes, nose, even lack of fur). It seems to only be a fox in shape, really.

Viatrix hands the watch back to Aura for now, walking over to Izanagi and kneeling down. "You again, huh." She holds a hand out. "Camera, please."

[Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (Cowering from the silver "fox" under the Furousha Shop)

Izanagi's eyes were almost closed as he cowered shielding himself. Not being attacked he slowly opens his eyes a bit, and relaxes his stance looking more clearly on the scene in front of him. Namely the "Fox", which coudl not have been a real fox. or it was armored in someway, but he saw no eyeholes so his eyebrow quirked up along with his body as he watched it.

"What is this?" he said to himself

He shook his head a bit, and scratched the back of his head slightly under the sweatband of his old Yomiuri Giants cap, tilting it up slightly. IT was then where he saw his camera in his other hand.

"$h!t!...awww man..." he said out loud though mostly to himself as he looked at his nice long lens's front glass element shattered and one of the focusing rings bent and unmoving. He then fiddled with it for a few seconds, checkign to see that his camera still worked, which it did. Izanagi had plenty of money to buy a repalcement, but $3000 was still a bunch of lame phot shoots to make up.

Izanagi was about to swing his camera bag aroudn form his back to switch lenses, when he paused his eyes downward. What was he thinking, his broken lens and camera shoudl be the last thing on his mind. He then looked up to see the approaching young girl from earlier... "Viatrix" ...what an unusual name...

He had no ida what she was going to say, he still wasnt even sure he was actually alive. He looked on to the pretty girl as she approached, words escaped him as he stood there, broken camera in his hand dirt and dust still covering him from the fall as he still hadnt dusted himself off.

The girl for some reason didnt seem to be so young by the way she held herself and approached him. As she spoke he almost didnt comprehend her words, as they were so plain.

For some reason he silently handed over the camera to her, bringing it up over his neck. He rarely let other people touch his camera, but for some reason this girl melted his defenses. Was it her attractive youth? or maybe just the incomprehensible setting combined with the confidence of her words? Izanagi didnt know. All Izanagi knew for sure was that he felt like he should do as she says, and for some reason, dust himself off.

Izanagi wiped the dust and dirt away, and went about straightening his hat, before realizing he shoudl just take it off, which he did putting it in his camera bag before he swung it around to his back again. He then starightened his jacket and tried to comb his hair with his fingers a bit before bowing his head alightly and standing awkwardly in front of the girl, not knowing what to do with his hands as he watched her take and look to his camera.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

"Inagawa-kai-san? Do you know the answer?"

"Hm?" the distracted teenage girl looks up from what she had been writing in the notebook at the timid looking teenager, her focus quickly re-shifting to the current subject. The english language was hardly an easy one, but all it took was proper diligence to the subject to continue and imprint the meaning of the words in one's memory.

"Hmm...<Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?> Is it a line from Romeo and Juliet?" she asks absently, feeling the eyes of the rest of the class intent upon her for a moment. They could tell that she had been distracted, a rare sight, but with her answer the attention turns back to the teacher with baited breath to see if she had been caught in the awkward trap to catch her unaware at her desk.

"Uh...yes...That's correct. Good work Michiko."

"Thank you Hatake-san." she says perfunctorily, turning her attention back down to the notebook she writes intent thoughts in. Notes on how to procure materials to give Soshi a proper grave where his body had been buried. On what she had...seen in the past couple of days and of how to turn them to her advantage as her mysterious contact had advised her to do. Most importantly, on several notes of similar intent that she could put into the lockers of those who had been present at the gym incident to meet with her at the very same gymnasium after everyone had left. That was where the true concern of her's was, in the 'special' students of the school and how they were vulnerable...as Soshi had been. As they all were.

However, everyone in the class could tell that the ice princess of class 2-3 was frazzled and distracted, though they were unaware of how disconcerting her home life had become in the wake of the investigation from the police into her family's various...less reputable holdings.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [High School: Class 1-2]

Sayaka bowed at the front of the class. Such an awkward feeling to be here- again. But not again. A first time, but it couldn't have been the first.

"I am Sayaka Kondo. I'm looking forward to our time together." Sayaka said.
    How awkward. She was staring at students who were her new classmates. But maybe they had been before- she couldn't remember that. But some of them she could recognize. There was Kaito, and Kina, and Ken, and Nakahiro.

Transferring papers had been arranged, a mistake of bureaucracy it had been said. Her father had called of course, and it had been said to 'set the record straight.' So it was that Sayaka was wearing a first year uniform and with a tidy appearance, a first day in class. But she was still uneasy about it. Was it just the nervousness?
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m