New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

[Downtown Phoenix Town]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Bear looks up into Magnus's eyes, raises an eyebrow, and grunts noncommittally a couple of times.
    Kotone might have been unimpressed by the fist bump (camaraderie between humans and animals rarely made the headlines), but if he was actually communicating with the bear, then that was newsworthy!

"Pardon me Magnus-san, but can you actually understand what the bear is saying?" Kotone asked, her eyes wide with wonder. She wordlessly beckoned Andy closer, wanting to get this done right. She would get this story, darn it!

[Streets of Phoenix Town]

The large man was joined by a woman clad all in blue, her coat-tails flaring a bit behind her as she widened her strides to keep up with the man's much longer legs.

"What are you doing here, Aell? I didn't receive any word of your arrival, nor did I ask for backup." Cassandra asked the man, her face mostly impassive, save for a slight downturn of her eyebrow to express her disapproval of the man's appearance.

[Fushichou High, Mayumi's office]

Mayumi sat behind her desk, rubbing her temples. That blasted buzzing sound was still going off in her head, as it had been for days now. It was very faint, but still there. But she had papers to grade, and a class to give in just a few minutes.

Putting her papers down for a minute, she held the cross at her neck. She had felt a spiritual flux the other day, as if several Spiritual beings had fought, but she hadn't found any evidence of a clash save for a few trees that were missing a few limbs. She wondered if it was the work of that beast that she had fought; what was its name? Elder, that was it. She'd never met a Hollow who had actually told her its name before. She hoped to meet it again, if only to ask it more questions. It had seemed most fascinating.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2011-03-02 at 03:21 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    [Streets of Phoenix Town]

The large man was joined by a woman clad all in blue, her coat-tails flaring a bit behind her as she widened her strides to keep up with the man's much longer legs.

"What are you doing here, Aell? I didn't receive any word of your arrival, nor did I ask for backup." Cassandra asked the man, her face mostly impassive, save for a slight downturn of her eyebrow to express her disapproval of the man's appearance.
    "I'm not here to back you up. I'm here to find out what's been taking so long. You've been here for quite some time now, Cassandra." Aell keeps stepping heavily, plotting a course for the largest spiritual presence he can feel, the Venti Buon and Vi's shop!
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

[SWORD Headquarters]

Sometime during the week, a letter written in English makes its way to the hands of SWORD operatives. It reads thusly:

Quote Originally Posted by Mihail Yashin
    Report from correspondent #108:

First week in Fushichou Town. Have been accepted as a janitor to local highschool. Spiritual activity is abnormally high, espec. among said school. Considerable portion of both staff and students are spiritually aware; see appendix 1 for names. Principal seems most dubious; suspect that her spirit does not belong to the body she's in.

Have clashed with adversarial spirit. Takes the form of blue-clad, tall (~180 cm) young female. Potentially exists in more than one place at once. Can transmute matter to various weaponry. Is visible to non-aware. Is not a Hollow; I find this most curious.

Have also seen a woman whose soul does not fit her body. Pale, dark hair, dark grey eyes. Estimated height 170 cm. Frequents local cafe called Venti Buon. Caution suggested.

One of the local shrines, Houheiden, is upkept by aware priest. He seems to be a central figure in spiritual life of area. Related to one of students. (Kondo Sayaka)

Shinigami activity seems trumped by Hollow and other non-Shinigami acitivity. Not sure if this is normal state of things, but it suggests something is wrong.

Will keep observing. Expect new report in few days.
    [During classes, on school corridors]

There's a stool right in the hallway just outside class 1-2; there are 176 pounds of grumpy gaijin standing on it, reaching for the roof. Mihail Yashin is fixing a dysfunctional lamp. His face is image of utter focus and he's holding a screwdriver between his teeth. He doesn't seem to pay attention to students walking past.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-03-02 at 04:41 PM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "I'm not here to back you up. I'm here to find out what's been taking so long. You've been here for quite some time now, Cassandra." Aell keeps stepping heavily, plotting a course for the largest spiritual presence he can feel, the Venti Buon and Vi's shop!
    "I've been here for along time because my mission was meant to be subtle, not quick. We're in no hurry yet, Aell. Her eyes mainly stayed in front of her, but they occasionally flicked to him in annoyance. Why had he been sent? The Bossman hadn't mentioned anything to her about sending in more. Was he losing faith in her?

"If you're going to stay, you need to be careful," she told him, her eyes staring in front of her. "There are several humans with impressive powers here, and at least one Hollow who doesn't like intruders. Though I'm not sure, being who you are, that 'subtle' is really something you're capable of." She finished, smirking a bit.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

[Downtown Fushichou]

Magnus shrugs! "I guess, he just says he's from a park in Alaska. Understanding them isn't anything special, I mean he swam all that way. That's way more interesting."

[Classroom 1-2]

Hibiki retroactively hits Sora in the head with a stick of chalk!

[Under Furousha]

Viatrix continues to smile. "Now, see... I'm in a tough spot here. You're trespassing, aren't you?"

"I'm not really sure if I can let it slide... I mean, irreparable damage could be done to my store's reputation. But perhaps, if you take something off my hands -- for a price, of course -- and endorse my store a bit, I'll forget about this little incident."

Fuchs just shakes his head.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-03-03 at 10:07 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

[Under Furousha]

Viatrix continues to smile. "Now, see... I'm in a tough spot here. You're trespassing, aren't you?"

"I'm not really sure if I can let it slide... I mean, irreparable damage could be done to my store. But perhaps, if you take something off my hands -- for a price, of course -- and endorse my store a bit, I'll forget about this little incident."

Fuchs just shakes his head.
    [Izanagi Aso, Freelance Photographer, Unknowingly Spiritually Aware Human] (listening to the pretty girl, Viatrix, under the Furousha Shop)

Izanagi was dumbfounded at her words and confidence. His eyes widened and his face looked a bit grave, as he again made note of the odd fox looking thing and the magical feeling place he was in.

"tr..tr..tr...trespassing?" he shook his head a bit as he reached in his pocket and took out the crinkled business card... " but..i thought...well...i mean...i thought..." he stops... then exhales deeply in a sigh.. "sigh...." knowing indeed it was trespassing, and his photographer's curiosity combined with his curiosity of this woman had indeed gotten him to where he is.

Then Izanagi he would look to her again his face not upset, almost apologetic.
    "I understand...yes i am" he wanted to say "ma'am", but he decided against it as she may take offense.

His eyes perked up when, it seemed more and more like she wanted him to have something specific...
    "...of course Viatrix...if i may call you that...it would be the least i could do for you after i have trespassed here...i am not sure how much money you would like but i assure you that is not an issue." looking around at the strange area then to the fox looking thing.. shaking his head, before speaking again

"please do forgive my curiosity...i am a little overwhelmed" he looked right at her for that last part, his face was full of honesty and vulnerability. He had no idea what was really going on any more, and this young pretty girl was the only thing stable it seemed.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - Over the School Day

Kina smiles up at Sayaka as she introduces herself. She does not jump up the same way that Ken does, but her wide grin makes her feelings obvious enough. Even after Sayaka sits down, Kina gives her warm smiles from across Ken's desk. Throughout class, Kina looks up from her note-taking to give Sayaka the same bright smile.

Upon receiving Ken's lunch, Kina can't help but blush a little bit. She is quick to hide it, mumbling "Thanks." and turning away. With a quiet excuse she moves off to look at it, poking around each of the items of food. After a minute, she turns back around, smiling at Ken. "Thank you, Ken! Why don't you have some?" Whether or not he says yes she begins picking apart various foods and giving him some.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, Izumi is looking for somewhere to sit!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Class 1-2]

Sayaka saw Kina's smile and made a grateful smile to her. It was nice to have some friends in a new class.

Sayaka looked at the obento Ken offered with an impassive look. Then she burned with fire as she glared at Ken.

"Don't you ever touch my kitchen again."
    She whispered threatening to him.

Then she put it away carefully to hide it. And then took out the lunch she had already prepared for herself.

Kazari
    [Fushichou Junior High School]

A happy lunch finished, Kazari was content. A hot summer day, of course to go outside would not be fun. So she planned to stay in the classroom.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Chiyoko sits back as well, and relaxes, humming a tune.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken smiled back. "You're welcome. I'm glad you like it. Sure." After readily accepting the food he turned to Sayaka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Sayaka
    [Class 1-2]
    Sayaka looked at the obento Ken offered with an impassive look. Then she burned with fire as she glared at Ken.

"Don't you ever touch my kitchen again."
    She whispered threatening to him.
    "B-b-but why? I just wanted to be nice to you," said Ken, his face expressing mock consternation and his voice deliberately faltering.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-03-05 at 10:18 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Classroom 1-2]

Hibiki retroactively hits Sora in the head with a stick of chalk!
    Past Sora

Sora vows revenge against Hibiki. That damn chalk is annoying.

Current Sora

Sora's plotting isn't going very well. He gives up and opens up his lunch, revealing...

A sandwich. Looks pretty delicious, but it is still just a sandwich.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    "I've been here for along time because my mission was meant to be subtle, not quick. We're in no hurry yet, Aell. Her eyes mainly stayed in front of her, but they occasionally flicked to him in annoyance. Why had he been sent? The Bossman hadn't mentioned anything to her about sending in more. Was he losing faith in her?

"If you're going to stay, you need to be careful," she told him, her eyes staring in front of her. "There are several humans with impressive powers here, and at least one Hollow who doesn't like intruders. Though I'm not sure, being who you are, that 'subtle' is really something you're capable of." She finished, smirking a bit.
    "We don't all get into as much trouble as you do, Cassandra. If I don't go around picking fights they should have no problem with me, and if they do..." His hand lazily moves up to grasp the handle of the sword on his back.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

It was lunch and, as was her normal trend, Michiko headed up to the roof to try and find some solitude with which to enjoy her meal. And to talk to Yuudai, considering he always seemed to be lurking up here, saying how only a real 'badass' would stand close to the edge of a building and let the wind billow his uniform or some such nonsense. Honestly, his simplicity was refreshing and would help her to re-focus after the path she had set herself upon.

Already she had discreetly slipped a pink envelop into the lockers of each of the students from the gym incident, with a little heart sticker to make it look like the note of an admirer. A little piece of subterfuge to make sure that anyone who watched them receive the note wouldn't suspect that it had come from Michiko, she was notoriously...icy towards paramours of any sort. Inside were clear instructions asking the reader to meet the writer out by the edge of the swimming pool after school had emptied out..

"Yuudai, are you up here?" she asks warily, making for the ladder that leads to the little space ontop of the stairwell, where she normally ate.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Sora

Sora vows revenge against Hibiki. That damn chalk is annoying.

Current Sora

Sora's plotting isn't going very well. He gives up and opens up his lunch, revealing...

A sandwich. Looks pretty delicious, but it is still just a sandwich.
    The School
    Somewhere

Somewhat unusually, Sora will probably see Nakahiro approaching him slowly. The student's normally serenely cheerful face is now devoid of emotion, and he seems almost hesitant. Once he's a few feet away, he speaks.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yuudai

"W-Woah!"

Michiko could hear a thud. When she came to the roof she'd see Yuudai sitting on the ground next to a chair that was tipped over. "H-Hello Ojou-Sama. I didn't know you were there." He said, standing up and pretending that nothing had happened.

"So what's up?" He asks nonchalantly, his hands behind his back.

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    The School
    Somewhere

Somewhat unusually, Sora will probably see Nakahiro approaching him slowly. The student's normally serenely cheerful face is now devoid of emotion, and he seems almost hesitant. Once he's a few feet away, he speaks.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?"
    The School
    Courtyard

Sora glances over at Nakahiro, surprised. Most people didn't speak with Sora. It was a combination of rumor, actual appearance, and personality. He was rather proud of that, in fact.

"Sure, why not. My other fans can wait."

The irony of his words should not be lost on Nakahiro.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The School
    Courtyard

Kaito rolls his eyes at Ken's bento boxes, and chuckles at Sayaka's reaction. He himself continues to eat his rather plain lunch quietly, still mulling over his meeting with one Mr. Reiji the day before.

He raised a curious eyebrow as Nakahiro went to talk to Sora, but shrugged it off. If it was important, his friend would tell him. Instead, he went back to eating, and watching his fellows.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - Lunch Time

Kina turns away from the two as they fight, silently eating slowly from her own Ken-made box. In her glances, she notices Kaito, sitting quietly nearby. With a glance back, she gets up. "I'ma be... over there." She trails off, realizing neither of the two is really engaged enough to be paying that much attention. Chuckling as she goes, Kina approaches Kaito with a nervous smile.

"H-hi. You were...in the gym...weren't you? Kaito, right?" Kina holds up the bento box in both hands, so the box itself is visible but none of its contents are.

20. - Top - End - #200

The School
    Courtyard

The meaning of Sora's sarcastic response is not lost on Nakahiro, and he is unsure quite how to respond. Ultimately, he decides to ignore it entirely and focus on the reason he was here. Slowly, he takes up a position leaning against a nearby wall, planting the tip of his umbrella squarely on the ground.

"For the sake of expedience, I'll get down to the point. You are spiritually aware, yes?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kina Yoshimoto - Lunch Time

Kina turns away from the two as they fight, silently eating slowly from her own Ken-made box. In her glances, she notices Kaito, sitting quietly nearby. With a glance back, she gets up. "I'ma be... over there." She trails off, realizing neither of the two is really engaged enough to be paying that much attention. Chuckling as she goes, Kina approaches Kaito with a nervous smile.

"H-hi. You were...in the gym...weren't you? Kaito, right?" Kina holds up the bento box in both hands, so the box itself is visible but none of its contents are.
    Kaito looks at Kina, giving her a friendly smile.

"Yes. Your name was Kina, wasn't it?"

His expression shifted to one of concern. That stutter seemed a bit odd.

"Is something wrong?"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Kina watches his face for a minute, then smiles. "No...nothing's wrong. I can be...a bit nervous. May I sit?" She moves one hand from the box to shift her glasses a bit.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kina watches his face for a minute, then smiles. "No...nothing's wrong. I can be...a bit nervous. May I sit?" She moves one hand from the box to shift her glasses a bit.
    "Ah. Well, fair enough."

With a smile and a gesture to sit, he continues.

"By all means, yes, sit."

He waits until she has done so to continue.

"So, you're in the class with the rest of us, as well as having gone through a unique experience at the gym. Um..."

He seems at a loss for words for a moment.

"I guess, uh, how have you been doing since then? I know I've kind of had a different perspective on school and stuff. Or, you know, how are you liking this year?"

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

[School Courtyard]

Valeria sits near Kaito, daydreaming as she eats a rather delicious looking corn beef sandwich on pumpernickel. She idly scans the trees to see if Gabi is around.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi, meanwhile, notices Valeria, and heads in that direction!

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah. Well, fair enough."

With a smile and a gesture to sit, he continues.

"By all means, yes, sit."

He waits until she has done so to continue.

"So, you're in the class with the rest of us, as well as having gone through a unique experience at the gym. Um..."

He seems at a loss for words for a moment.

"I guess, uh, how have you been doing since then? I know I've kind of had a different perspective on school and stuff. Or, you know, how are you liking this year?"
    After sitting, Kina remains quiet, looking up at Kaito. Once he's finished asking questions, Kina smiles. "You...aren't used to this, are you?" She giggles, a bright little sound. "Me neither."

For a moment Kina looks pensive, humming slightly in thought. Her face seems to suddenly brighten. She takes a deep breath and begins. "School has been... what it is. A lot of work. A lot of pressure. But it's been... alright. The year has...um, it's been good... a lot better than I expected, anyways."

Her gaze glances down for a minute, and then quickly comes back up. "Oh, right. Um... I came to offer some food." She motions to the bento box. At this close distance the burns on her hands are visible, but she moves her hands quickly enough to miss them. "If you wanted any. You seemed...quiet." Kina's smile is completely genuine, and her tone oozes caring.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, Izumi sits down across from Valeria! "Hey there, Valeria-san."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

After sitting, Kina remains quiet, looking up at Kaito. Once he's finished asking questions, Kina smiles. "You...aren't used to this, are you?" She giggles, a bright little sound. "Me neither."

For a moment Kina looks pensive, humming slightly in thought. Her face seems to suddenly brighten. She takes a deep breath and begins. "School has been... what it is. A lot of work. A lot of pressure. But it's been... alright. The year has...um, it's been good... a lot better than I expected, anyways."

Her gaze glances down for a minute, and then quickly comes back up. "Oh, right. Um... I came to offer some food." She motions to the bento box. At this close distance the burns on her hands are visible, but she moves her hands quickly enough to miss them. "If you wanted any. You seemed...quiet." Kina's smile is completely genuine, and her tone oozes caring.
    "I'm a 16-year old who's probably already ready for college, with two parents who work for the police department. Normal social interactions are a rare and treasured commodity in my life."

The gentle sarcasm accompanied the more easy-going smirk on his face.

"It does feel like they've ramped up the work and pressure this year. Good to know it's going well for you nonetheless."

His keen eyes notice at least hints of the burns, but he doesn't say anything about them.

"Well. I suppose I could use a touch more. Have you had all you wanted? I'd hate to be a pig and take all your food."

Indeed, his own lunch box was empty by this point, and he was eying a few choice bits of what she was offering.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

"It's...hard. I moved here this year...new town, new experiences." Her smile fades a little, but comes back shortly afterward.

"Have as much as you want! I've had a lot." She motions toward her bag, over by Ken and Sayaka. "Brought my own...I learned how to cook...when I was young."
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-03-05 at 11:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    The School
    Courtyard

The meaning of Sora's sarcastic response is not lost on Nakahiro, and he is unsure quite how to respond. Ultimately, he decides to ignore it entirely and focus on the reason he was here. Slowly, he takes up a position leaning against a nearby wall, planting the tip of his umbrella squarely on the ground.

"For the sake of expedience, I'll get down to the point. You are spiritually aware, yes?"
    Sora keeps a perfect poker face. Glancing as Nakahiro takes a position up on the wall, Sora runs through his options. He could:

A.) Deny it. He's got deniability, and Nakahiro has no proof.
    B.) Play it dumb. It was fairly unlikely anyone could prove he had Spiritual Powers. Besides Izumi.
    C.) Tell the truth. Yeah, that's not happening.

Sora smiles coolly at Nakahiro, almost as if he's amused by Nakahiro, not just by the question.

"'Spiritual Awareness'? I'm not sure what you're referring to."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-03-06 at 07:10 PM.