New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Great Divide (Dark Heresy IC)

The bounty hunter quickly inserted a fresh clip into his autogun and, taking no time to aim, fired one last shot in the retreating tech-priest's general direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reload + single shot at WS 39. I don't know if the target is still at short range and if I suffer the -20 penalty to hit a running target who is moving directly away from me, so it's anywhere between WS 19 and WS 59.

(d100)[67]

Damage: (d10+3)[8]

One way or another, it's a miss.

The bullet met nothing but the opposite wall, piercing yet another hole in it. Solomon's attention instantly shifted to the approaching footsteps.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2012-03-30 at 10:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

The techpriest had started shouting for help, even as Solomon's shot whipped past him. The hallway was long enough that Gabe still had a bead on him, but how much longer that would last was debateable. The sound of approaching footsteps was getting louder, rising to an almost deafening ringing of boots on metal. In twisted passages like this, though, they could have been anywhere; from just around the corner, to a good sixty meters back down it.

Approaching the door, Mouse got her first good look at the former Skitarii. The bodies were a mess, flesh and bone alike shredded by the servitor's heavy gun. Blood pooled on the floor, slowly spreading in a sticky red puddle. It smelled like copper. Trying hard not to breathe, Mouse got as close as she dared to the remains. Their armour was ruined, splinters of bone protruding at odd angles from the holes torn through it. The sergeant's gas mask looked salvageable, but the grunt's had taken a direct hit from the heavy stubber: shattered lenses and mangled leather mixed with other less savoury things, and Mouse quickly looked away. A cursory rifle through the deepening crimson of their fatigue pockets turned up a pair of ID tags and a handful of fresh clips loaded with shotgun shells, but the real prize wasn't what they were wearing, it was what they were carrying: both of the Vanaheim assault shotguns were undamaged.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Having cut the tech-priest into his sights, Gabe slammed the fire-selector to the "Auto" position and didn't let got of the trigger.

Spoiler
    Show
    FullAuto57 - (1d100)[31] (+10 if he's 15 m or less away)
    Damage - (1d10+2)[8]
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

"Y-You two, take the shotguns and play catch-up with our priestly friend. He shouldn't have ran off by himself." Mouse tells Karel and Solomon as she takes the microbead, gasmask, and ID Tags. The last item, she looks over to check the names. The first one, she'll clean as best as she can and put on to see if she can listen into the vox-traffic in the installation.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Barbarian in the Playground

Karel grabbed one of the shot guns, working the action to ready a fresh shell and followed the priest into the hall.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

grabbing the shotgun, Karel sprinted out into the hall in time to see Gabe's autopisol spray the corridor with bullets. A few of them found their mark, drawing sprays of red and a moment of stumbling from the techpriest as the shots bit into him. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite enough to stop him for good. Another few seconds saw him tearing around the corner amidst the hail of bullets, and out of Gabe's line of fire.

Mouse Only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The comm lines were dead, the only sign it was on at all the crackling of static. Either it wasn't working properly, or someone was maintaining a professional level of radio silence. Suddenly it lit up, a few clipped phrases coming in over the white noise.

"Package sighted, coming in hot, repeat, hot. Weapons ready."

Behind Mouse, the servo skulls had hovered over to the servitor, chattering at it in binary. They didn't seem to be having much effect on the thing, the construct maintaining position near its new master. The skulls, now that she thought about it, had been doing the machine equivalent of shouting ever since the firefight started.

Spoiler
    Show
    just putting this here: (1d100)[76]
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-04-02 at 09:36 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabe pointed his firearm at the overhead and grinned broadly.
    "Got 'im." He said through the smile.
    "No need to chase blindly. Just follow the blood. The priest said calmly, as he ejected his magazine and slide one with red tape around the base into the well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Loading DumDums.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Covering up the microbeads' input, she looks up at Karel. "The priest is about to run into an ambush. Get him."

Mouse frowns at the skulls and the sound they were making. With a growl, she draws her Stub Auto and pops off a round at one. She wasn't going to allow them to mess with her Servitor.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action: Draw
    Half Action: Single Shot

Attack: (1d100)[77] vs 51 (Point blank +30, Puny -20, BS 41)
    Damage: (1d10+3)[11]
    If needed for RF:
    (1d100)[67]
    (1d10+3)[5]

9. - Top - End - #759

"Gabe!" Karel hisses. "Slow down!"

The big guardsman moves after the priest, trying to grab his shoulder and stop him walking into the trap.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

No sooner had Karel placed his hand on the priest's shoulder than the trap came into view. Around the corner the fleeing techpriest had turned at the end of the hall came a full squad of Skitarii troopers at a full run, their shotguns held at the ready. They stopped short when they saw the two men in the hall, the leader flashing a quick hand signal to the others. Dropping to their knees, the front two made room for the troopers behind them to aim over their shoulders, a full four shotgun barrels swinging into place.

The hall was only wide enough for two men to walk abreast, and charging the Skitarii firing line would be tantamount to suicide. Glancing over his shoulder, Gabe saw the hall continued on that way, deeper into the complex.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

The Cleric stared, dumbfounded at the squad of Skitarrii pointing those monstrous shotguns at him.
    "Retreat back to the servitor?" he proposed to nobody in particular, even as he turned and followed his own advice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full-round Run back to Mouse and the Gun Servitor
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

12. - Top - End - #762

Karel grunted in agreement as he hightailed it back to his allies. "Incoming!" he shouted as he rounded the corner.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

After her fist shot misses, Mouse takes her gun in both hands and releases a few more bullets, hoping that rate of fire will triumph the Servo Skull's smaller size.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[1]vs61
    (1d10+3)[5]
    (1d10+3)[5]
    (1d10+3)[11]

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

Snapping to attention at Karel's warning, Solomon grabbed a frag grenade from his belt and prepared to remove the pin.

"Behind me!" he barked at his comrades-in-arms. He did not explain why; better leave it a surprise to the incoming enemy when they rounded the corner.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Mouse's trio of shots impacted one of the servo skulls dead on, sending shards of bone and metal everywhere as the thing exploded. The other one stopped bobbing and weaving, spinning in place to look at the remains of its fellow. The string of binary chatter ceased, and the little skull went shooting off towards the door.

Unfortunately, it looked like whatever they had been trying to do, they had succeeded. The Servitor was no longer alert, slumping back on its augmetics with the barrel of its heavy weapon tilting slowly downwards. Then, with the barely heard snap of electronics powereing down, the light in its mechanical eye went out.

The Skitarii were taking their time getting to the door. The sound of footsteps had slowed and started alternating, as the Mechanicus soldiers crept up outside.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[88] Servo skulls have Dodge trained.

forgot this one last round: (1d100)[48]
    (1d100)[73]
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-04-05 at 11:51 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Mouse pales at the sight of her Servitor going down and puts her gun away to grab her dataslate to run a diagnostics check on it. "Shoot the damn skull!" She orders the ones near the door. With any luck, the skulls had only shut it down. Once she's done with the diagnostics, she also checks to make sure her added program is still there if able.

Spoiler
    Show

Tech-Use: (1d100)[64]vs50

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

The servo skull zipped out the door and away from sight, its mission completed. Grabbing her dataslate, Mouse began frantically running tests on the servitor. Whatever the skulls had been doing, it had been effective: The servitor was locked in a diagnostic feedback loop, its cogitators overloaded with a constant stream of queries to system functions. Mechanically speaking, it was undamaged, but the sheer volume of commands being run at once had crippled its limited processing capacity.

Out in the corridor, the footsteps of the Skitarii were drawing closer. The office they were in wasn't very big, and the Skitarii were all carrying shotguns. Amongst other things, they discovered, as the footsteps stopped and a frag grenade bounced through the open door with a soft tink. Solomon barely had time to throw himself behind the desk and into cover before it detonated, spraying the room with shrapnel.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    damage and such rolled OOC.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-04-08 at 01:02 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

His ears ringing from the explosion in that enclosed space, Solomon did not waste a second checking on his comrades; he pulled the pin of his frag grenade with an audible pop. If the incoming Skitarii wanted to play hard, he could give them a taste of their own medicine.

"Stay down!" he barked over his shoulder.

He hurled the grenade at the hallway. Before it even hit the ground, his autogun was up and ready to fire.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aim + throw grenade, all rolls in the OOC thread. I'm readying my autogun as a free action with the Quick Draw talent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabe didn't have enough time to think before his world exploded.
    The young priest felt sharp metal lodge itself into his brain, and staggered away from his allies, and farther from the assaulting Skitarii.
    They probably had more. It would be folly to stand his ground.

Oh, God-Emepror. His head.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

20. - Top - End - #770

Karel winces at the pain, but ignores it. Time to deal with it if he lives...

Raising the looted weapon, he holds down the trigger, releasing a burst of shells at the attacking Skitarii.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[25] vs 44+20 = 64 : 4 DoS

(1d10+4)[5]
    (1d10+4)[6]
    (1d10+4)[10]
    (1d10+4)[13]
    (1d10+4)[11]
    (1d10+4)[5]

Last edited by rb780nm; 2012-04-11 at 12:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Mouse cried out in pain at the blast, but thankfully her cloak saved her from the worst of it. For a moment, she clutches her right shoulder, and though her head is dizzy, gets right back to her Servitor, trying to reboot the thing. It was the best she could do for the moment and prayed that it worked.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Shutting down the servitor was impossible by traditional means, with its cogitator tied up like it was. Grimacing slightly, Mouse opened the access panel on the back and pulled out a series of wires. The servitor had barely been online as it was, and the wires did the rest. The servitor fell completely still, then slowly straightened as the wires were plugged back in. It would take a while to come back from a hard reset like that, but it was the only way.

Meanwhile, the Skitarii had arrived. Solomon's grenade bounced out the door, filling the corridor with flying shrapnel and drawing grunts of pain from more than a few of them. When they arrived at the door, however, he saw in dismay that the flak armour had taken the worst of it, shards of metal glinting amidst the painted black. The two in front raised their guns, snapping off single shots with twin roars.

Karel's looted gun answered, repeated bangs rebounding in the tiny office. It left their ears all ringing, but it had the desired effect. The two Skitarii in front were blown backwards, their bodies and armour shredded by the storm of lead.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone is at point blank right now. Severus is hiding behind the desk. Because of the +30, Karel got 6 DoS, and 3 dice worth of scatter. Vanaheim only fires 6 shells, so he gets all of his dice. Here's the extra 3:

(1d10+4)[13]
    (1d10+4)[6]
    (1d10+4)[12]

Fury chance: (1d100)[32]
    (1d10)[8]

no fury, but those are damage-tastic. Front two Skitarii are definitely dead.

and the Skitarii:
    dodges for Shotgun blasts. Going to rule that Karel can only target the front rank right now.

(1d100)[78]
    (1d100)[97]

and they do get to shoot back, I believe
    (1d100)[47]
    (1d10+4)[13]
    (1d10+4)[6]

(1d100)[45]
    (1d10+4)[6]
    (1d10+4)[5]

only single shot, because they moved. The extras are in case of scatter.

dodge rolls for those who be targetted:
    (1d100)[10]
    (1d100)[4]

hits, but all were dodged or soaked. Your move.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2012-04-12 at 01:07 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Mouse takes cover behind her Servitor, loathe to use it for such a crude purpose, but she couldn't risk trying to move some other place. Shaking and more afraid than she'd be willing to admit, she pulls out her shield with her right hand and positions it to protect her body. Closing her eyes for a moment, she takes a few deep breathes to try and calm herself.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action: Take cover behind the Servitor
    Half Action: Draw Mirror Shield to cover Right Arm and Body

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabe, having, he felt, put enough distance between himself and the rest of the group, slid behind the nearest piece of cover, and drew his autopistol again, glacing to see if he could make sense of the battle-chaos.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

25. - Top - End - #775

Karel ignores the bruising impact of shot upon his armor as he holds down the trigger on the assault shotgun again. The shells fly from the breech and land about his feet.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[21]

(1d10+4)[6]
    (1d10+4)[11]
    (1d10+4)[7]
    (1d10+4)[8]
    (1d10+4)[10]
    (1d10+4)[11]
    (1d10+4)[14]
    (1d10+4)[12]
    (1d10+4)[13]

(1d100)[50] (incase of fury)

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Spent shell casings clattered to the ground from Karel's looted gun, their former contents turning the area outside the door into a deadly killzone of flying lead. One of the Skitarii went down, punched neatly off his feet to crumple against the far wall, while another staggered and fell, blood leaking from multiple perforations in his ruined armour. It wasn't enough to stop the Mechanicus soldiers, though, the remaining ones taking positions of cover on either side of the door. Careful to remain as unexposed as possible, they levelled their own shotguns around the doorframe and Karel's world exploded.

The storm of return fire smashed into him, tearing the Vanaheim from his hands and throwing him backwards over the desk. The former guardsman crumpled to the floor in a heap, nerves burning with agony. Coughing blood, he found he couldn't stand - his leg felt like it was on fire, and his hand... his armoured gauntlet had shredded under a direct hit from the shotgun, jagged shards of broken bone poking out at odd angles. His vision was clouding. Looking up, he saw Solomon stagger under the torrent of shells, dropping to the ground amidst the horrid crack of breaking bones.

The gunfire, he realised suddenly, had stopped. From his vantage point lying in a pool of blood behind the heavy desk, he could see the Skitarii by the door. One of them was signalling to the others, the inscrutible black lenses on his mask hiding his expression from view. It looked like they were ready to move in and finish the job.

He tried to stay awake, but it was difficult. Too difficult. Karel's eyelids fell, and darkness took him.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabe keyed his commbead as he saw the resulting slaughter.
    "Mouse! Is there any way you can get that thing running so we can retreat?" he asked, as calmly as he possibly could while he was busy focusing on not bleeding to death from his head wound.
    The priest stuck his silenced autopistol around the corner and took aim at the least-banged up Skitarii, before hosing him down with a spray of manstoppers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Auto Attack
    EffectiveBallistics77 - (1d100)[59]
    damage1 - (1d10+2)[11]
    damage1 - (1d10+2)[8]
    damage1 - (1d10+2)[4]
    damage1 - (1d10+2)[10]
    damage1 - (1d10+2)[7]
    damage1 - (1d10+2)[8]
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2012-04-18 at 03:45 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Mouse ignores the Cleric and tries to ignore seeing her comrades being blasted away. There was no escape from this death trap. Not with how they're wounded, weak, and unprepared. They needed time to regroup and prepare. Now that the two bigger threats were delayed, she and the Servitor were likely next.

The Saboteur gives a panicked look around the room before spying something that might be of assistance. Moving quickly, she leaves cover and flicks the switch to close the entrance to the room. If she's lucky, maybe a Skitarri would be hit by it. Sadly though, that wouldn't be enough to stop them. Needing to work quickly, she drops her gun and slides the Multi-key from her fingertips as she tries to manipulate the control panel into creating a constant "close" signal to the door to try and seal it for the time being.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action: Move
    Free Action: Drop Gun
    Half Action/Extended Action: Security Test (1d100)[1]vs50(+30 Multikey, -10 for Fatigue, base 30Agi)

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

With the biggest threats disabled, the Skitarii made to move into the room. A burst of fire from Gabe's autpistol drove them back, armour piercing rounds pinging off steel and punching through flak. That few seconds was all Mouse needed. Darting from her position of cover by the servitor, she flipped the door control and pried off the cover as the steel shutters sealed with a hiss of pneumatics. Working as quickly as she dared, she tore out the mechanism's innards and started splicing wires. Outside, the keypad beeped as the Skitarii tried to use their code to get back in.

The door slid open a fraction, just as Mouse touched the last two wires together. With a final clang, the room sealed. The door resonated as the Skitarii outside hammered on it with the butt of their shotguns, but it was made to resist simple attempts at forced entry, the thick steel holding them at bay.

Inside, Karel blinked his eyes open, raising his undamaged hand to shield them from the sudden harsh light. He was still in a lot of pain, but it had dulled somehow. Looking over, he saw the psyker, Severus, wiping blood off his hands. Solomon was still on the ground a short distance away, but it seemed he was next on the list for healing: Severus was already walking over to the bounty hunter. He stopped suddenly, interrupted by a harsh metallic voice.

++LOADING COMPLETE. COMBAT SUBROUTINES ENGAGED. SCANNING...++

The combat servitor had re-activated, the barrel of its heavy gun swinging slowly upwards to track around the room.

++NO HOSTILES DETECTED++

Mouse Only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The commbead crackled, as the soldiers outside realised that the door wasn't going to be opening any time soon. "Team two requesting backup. Hostiles, office levels. Door's locked. We need a breacher, asap."

The response came a moment later. "Copy, Team two. Hold tight."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabriel peaked out from behind his cover, and breathed a sigh of relief.
    "Please tell me one of you knows a way to turn that door into so much shrapnel going into the cogheads on the other side."
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me