New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth (IC)

1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Perth (IC)

Vanalya shudders and grits her teeth as the spiders descend upon her, the sensation of crawling legs and tiny sharp teeth making her sick and dizzy. She lashes out blindly with her hanbo at the mass of enormous spiders, brushing them off and scattering them underfoot as she tries to back away and get away from the swarm.

Spoiler
    Show

AttackOfOpportunity - (1d20+2)[17]
    Damage - (1d6)[6]

Moving away out of the hole: rolling in the OOC thread.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-03-10 at 02:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nicholas looks down the hole where Sulet had fallen and where Corrin and Vanlaya had followed. He's surprised and a bit annoyed to see the spiders. It seems nothings ever simple. Still. Nicholas smiles a bit and quietly laughs at himself. He had never expected such a job to be easy though. No use complaining about it now. After a brief moment to think Nicholas draws and fires two arrows, aiming to attack the swarm on Corrin.

Spoiler
    Show

I think I'm within 30. I'm near where Sulet fell and he fell 20 through the flooring, and its a 10 foot drop from there. I think.

Attack 1
    (1d20+5)[9] (+1 Weapon Focus, +1 MW Weapon, +2 dex, +1 Point Blank)

Damage 1
    (1d8+3)[7] (+2 Str Composite Bow, +1 Point Blank)

Attack 2
    (1d20+5)[21] (+1 Weapon Focus, +1 MW Weapon, +2 dex, +1 Point Blank)

Damage 2
    (1d8+3)[6] (+2 Str Composite Bow, +1 Point Blank)
    Last edited by Arillius; 2011-03-10 at 07:37 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

Meanwhile, a rather slight and ragged man quickly shimmies down the rope outside, his worries for his companions overwhelmed by the relief that they would be stupid enough to engage the monster inside the tower...

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

"Augh, I hate spiders..." The venom turns Beriadan's confused mind into a feverish mush, as he stumbles away from the swarm with wobbly legs. He manages to brush some off and even cut a few spiders with a few aimless swings of his sword. Once most of the vermin are off of him, Beriadan gathers himself and prepares to fend them off once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remaining in the hole, and moving away from everyone else who's still down the hole. AoO was resolved in OOC thread, but here's a potential second AoO if the swarm enters Beriadan's square again.

Attack: (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage: (2d4+6)[11]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I want tools to use in the game, not a blank check to do what I want. I can already do what I want.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Elun, unwilling to risk harming his allies with his only offensive spell, settles for simply crushing the bugs under his club.

Attack:(1d20+3)[8]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Sulet pushes Corrin out of the way, forcing Evin's stab to fall off its mark. Both Vanalya and Beriadan furiously swinging their weapon do some grievous injuries to the horde. As their subsumed, Vanalya tries to climb away, but her hand holds are intercepted by spiders. One is crushed in her grasp, the other bites her hand - the result is her sliding of beams back into the waiting, writing masses below. Beriadan backs away from the horde to get out of its grasp, but the spiders keep at him. Nicholas's arrow kills three spiders that were on top of one another, but Elun's swing falls idly. Clarity enters Alexander's mind for the first time in nearly half a minute when he finally touches ground.

Free of the spiders, Corrin looks to Sulet, then Evin, then she bolts for the door.

The spiders meanwhile move across Beriadan and begin to crawl up to Elun as well, still coating Vanalya with their undulating form and harsh mandibles.

Spoiler
    Show

Corrin poison: (1d20+1)[14]
    Corrin dex damage: (1d2)[1]
    Beriadan damage: (1d6)[1]
    Beriadan nausea (19): (1d20+1)[3]
    Beriadan poison (19): (1d20+1)[13]
    Beriadan dex damage: (1d2)[1]

Vanalya damage: (1d6)[2]
    Vanalya nausea (13): (1d20+1)[8]
    Vanalya poison(13): (1d20+1)[5]
    Vanalya dex damage: (1d2)[2]

Elun damage: (1d6)[5]
    Elun nausea (14): (1d20+1)[12]
    Elun poison (14): (1d20+1)[11]
    Elun dex damage: (1d2)[1]

Elun gets an AoO on the spider horde as it closes in (Beriadan and Vanalya do not due to the lingering nausea).

Evin and Sulet both get AoOs against Corrin if they want to take them (and, in Sulet's case, if he'd be holding a weapon).

Spiders are in basement D6, E6 then top floor E6, F6. (If you want a firmer control over your movement, tell me which square your character is moving to).

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-03-11 at 03:32 AM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

"No, don't let her get away or she'll seriously hurt herself!" Beriadan is torn, but he knows he won't be able to catch up to Corrin if she runs at full sprint. The poor girl... If she dies I couldn't forgive myself. He focuses on the immediate threat, backing away and furiously hacking at the spiders in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to C5, Power Attack the swarm.

Attack: (1d20+6)[25] (7 normal, -1 attack)
    Damage: (2d4+9)[14] (6 normal, 3 attack)
    Last edited by GoodbyeSoberDay; 2011-03-11 at 05:00 AM.
    I want tools to use in the game, not a blank check to do what I want. I can already do what I want.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

"No you don't!" Sulet says, bolting after Corrin. Out of the tower he runs, his legs pumping as far as they'll take him. He takes out his hanbo, intent on making this woman stop. His frustration takes hold of him; he's shouting as loud as he can now. "No! You get back here! You push me down a tower, and instead of hurting you, I save you from spiders! And you run away! That kind of thing is not okay with me, woman!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking this outside so she's away from the spiders.
    Free action to draw my weapon, I believe? Moving to L5 to catch up with her.
    Going to try and trip her.
    (1d20+6)[7]
    Last edited by Cardea; 2011-03-11 at 06:01 AM.
    Just finding my roots again.

9. - Top - End - #399

Seeing Corrin begin to run Nicholas is faced with a choice, help his friends in the hole or stop the enchantress from feeling. So far it doesn't seem those in the hole are in that much trouble, and the ease with which Corrin escaped means they could do so as well. Letting some one like that go to harm others, Nicholas couldn't do that. They have to capture her and bring her to justice for what she did to Basel, they have to stop her from doing it again. Nicholas quickly draws and fires two blunt arrows successively at the fleeing woman. He doesn't want to kill her but at this range it would be a futile gesture to try to avoid hitting something vital.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1
    (1d20+4)[12] (+2 dex, +1 Weapon Focus, +1 MW Weapon)

Damage 1
    (1d8+2)[7] (+2 Str Composite Bow)

Attack 2
    (1d20+4)[21] (+2 dex, +1 Weapon Focus, +1 MW Weapon)

Damage 2
    (1d8+2)[10] (+2 Str Composite Bow)
    Last edited by Arillius; 2011-03-11 at 12:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Vanalya shakes her head and brushes away the spiders. I'll never be able to cast a spell like this! She makes another attempt to get out of the hole. Corrin was their priority, not a swarm of disgusting spiders!

Spoiler
    Show

Moving towards Corrin in the most direct path I can take, keeping in mind that I can move through ally's spaces as long as I don't end there.

Acrobatics - (1d20+2)[11]

11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

As Alexander's feet touch the ground, the realization of what he is doing hits him like a slap in the face. He utters in fury a suggestion as to Corrin's vocation and legitimacy, throwing in a choice Kahhadin word for her genitals, and starts off towards the door. As he rounds the corner, he spots the enchantress fleeing the scene.

"Oh no you don't!" he snarls and follows her, a murderous look on his face, his whip snapping at her knees.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to M7 and Tripping that sorcerous wench. Spending one Conviction Point to roll twice:
    Trip Attack A: (1d20+2)[7]

Trip Attack B: (1d20+2)[18]
    Last edited by Werewhale; 2011-03-11 at 11:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Evin has his rapier still in hand from before, and slashes at Corrin as she moves past him. "Don't even think about it, you ***!" he says, then, with a smirk, he starts singing again. This time it is an unnerving little tune that he is improvising on the spot, reminding Corrin how she is alone, without help, and in company of people that want her in jail.

Spoiler
    Show
    AOO attk - (1d20+4)[21] dmg - (1d6+1)[3], moving to K4 as a move action, and starting bard song as a standard action.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Elun swings his club again at the dwindling horde of spiders before backing out of their writhing form.

Spoiler
    Show
    Att: (1d20+3)[6]
    Dam: (1d6+2)[3]

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Evin wounds Corrin as she flees, Sulet tries to trip her, but Alexander beats him to it. The whip coils around her legs, and she begins to drop, but Nicholas's accurately placed arrow thunks hard against her skull as she falls. She lays motionless in the grass with blood pooling from her head.

The spiders are relatively unconcerned by this turn of events. Abandoning Beriadan, the cluster seems to chase after Vanalya momentarily, but abandons her in favor of remaining closer to their nest and consuming Elun.

Spoiler
    Show

Elun damage: (1d6)[6]
    Elun nausea (14): (1d20+1)[13]
    Elun poison (14): (1d20+1)[18]
    Elun dex damage: (1d2)[2]

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't feel like updating the map right now. It doesn't seem terribly necessary. The spiders are now entirely on the floor out of the basement, around Elun (who is at G6).

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes. Right. Blood. Crap." Sulet says, fairly unfamiliar as to how to take in... a non-dog, still living, human. Sure, he may have seen someone fall off of a low-rise building, and they bruised an arm or... or something else in terms of injury that was not bleeding. But... this? This made him panic. He drops his weapon as he tears a piece of cloth from his vest, and presses it to where he thinks the wound is, hoping to make it stop. "Ohcrapohcrapohcrap."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming it can be used untrained.
    Heal Check: (1d20+4)[7]

16. - Top - End - #406

Nicholas looks down the pit for a moment before continuing down the stairs. That last shot of his had unfortunately hit its mark. As soon as Nicholas reaches the bottom of the stairs he quickly runs to the door. Just a few seconds. He can get to her in a few seconds. As Nicholas runs by Vanalya he says, "The enchantress has been knocked out. She might be injured. We must hurry!" If his suspicions about the woman are right she might not be able to see how hard his arrow hit, how dire the injury might be from here.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action brings me to C8 moving at 20, standard brings me to bottom of stairs at 15, giving me another 15 which will put me at I4 I think.

Edit: I meant H5, lol. Not sure how i screwed that up.
    Last edited by Arillius; 2011-03-11 at 11:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

On Nicholas' words, Beriadan ignores the spiders, despite the fact that they are eating two of his companions, and leaps out of the pit with unexpected alacrity. He rushes towards Corrin and places his hand upon her bloody temple. "Iomedae, please, lend me your grace so that this victim of great evil may live!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending conviction to get an extra move action. Beriadan double-moves next to Corrin and then uses lay on hands on her.

(1d6)[6]

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Elun moves away from the nest, placing a hand on his heart and incanting as he does so. A soft light glows from beneath his hand and many of the bite marks covering his body close and vanish.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action away, Cure Light Wounds on self.
    Heals: (1d8+2)[5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

A cold feeling rushes up Alexander's spine as he sees the enchantress go down to one of the archer's arrows. To the skull, even! They were playing far too dangerous. But... maybe it wasn't too late to salvage this. He sees Sulet nursing her, but doesn't seem to know what he's doing. He sees Beriadan rushing up to her, but he doesn't know anything the knight could do that could save the situation. As much as he was loath to admit it...

"Vanalya!" he calls for the only healer he knows, rushing inside and finding the place covered in huge spiders. He is tempted to hesitate for a moment at the sight, tempted to run from the horror of the arachnids, but the thought is brushed aside by more important matters. He rushes to the girl's aid, a feeling of gallantry brushing by his consciousness and being quickly dismissed.

"The woman's badly injured. I- We need you," he tells her as he enters the tower.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intention is to help Vanalya. I'd like to Aid Another on her climb check but it seems I wouldn't reach her in the turn. For the sake of dramatic tempo(and with most of the battle over), I'm still rolling(within a spoiler) if you'll allow it.

Moving in and Aiding (Another) Vanalya in climbing out of the pit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[15]

If it's illegal, Alexander will move to H5 and stomp on the spider swarm(unarmed attack, bludgeoning, nonlethal):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+3)[17] for damage (1d3+1)[2]

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Vanalya nods briefly at Alexander as she moves past him, towards Corrin. She kneels by the unconscious enchantress and checks her pulse and wounds, behaving just as if Corrin was a normal patient, not a potential threat.

Spoiler
    Show

Heal - (1d20+7)[14] Is she stable? Is she about to wake up? If not, how long would it take her to regain consciousness? How fragile is she in her current condition?

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Alexander stomps on several of the spiders as Elun flees. His boots get rather gooey, but the horde seem to disband after his assault. It is rather empowering to single-handedly send hundreds of spiders scuttling in terror from the might of his boots.

Beriadan's healing forces Corrin conscious again. She looks up in horror, sees Beriadan hovering over her and punches at him. Her attack is pitifully managed and she seems to hurt her wrist on his armor. Seeing who she just attacked, she profanes loudly, "by Admodeus's ears!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Att: (1d20+2)[3]
    Dam: (1d3)[1]

The attack breaks the charm.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-03-11 at 10:57 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

"Keep her down, keep her still!" Alexander says to the group huddled around Corrin, "I'm going up to check on her friend."

He turns on his heel and trots up the stairs to make sure the necromancer hadn't done anything unexpected.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

"Got it." Sulet says. He puts his weapon aside, and attempts to grab hold of the woman's wrists, and propping her up with them behind her back. He says to her in as soothing a voice as he can. "Hey, hey. Easy now. Just ease up, and we'll get this mess sorted out, okay? And... don't swear. I have a little sister whose just as pretty as you, and when you swear, I imagine her swearing. I don't like to think my sister is swearing."

Spoiler
    Show
    Uhh. CMB and Diplomacy, I guess...? I don't know.
    CMB: (1d20+4)[24]
    Diplomacy: (1d20+8)[26]

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Beriadan takes a step back, sheathing his weapon, blank in the face. This whole time...

Just as Sulet finishes his attempt to calm Corrin down, Beriadan bellows "Evil witch! How dare you!" After a short silence, he continues, "The only thing keeping you alive right now is the law you so easily flout, and the respect of human dignity you hold for no one! Now stay down and harm no one else, since as you know, my allies can get a bit violent, and Iomedae spares no more life for you."

Beriadan gets out his manacles and helps Cardea hold Corrin down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry Cardea.

Anyway, I'm not sure exactly what a second grapple attempt, or an aid another, would do. Either way, it probably involves a combat maneuver check.

(1d20+6)[17]

25. - Top - End - #415

Nicholas breathes a sigh of relief when the woman wakes up. He had been worried for a moment. Despite his willingness to protect others, whatever the cost, taking lives is not something Nicholas aspires to do often. His curiosity is peaked as well by the warriors healing. Magic? It is a little unsettling seeing such things for the first time.

Realizing that their still lies a danger in the woman Nicholas quickly moves closer and readies a blunt arrow, pointing it at Corrin.

Nicholas is unsure how the warrior, or whatever he is, will react considering all that he was saying about this woman's innocence. So it is that he tentatively begins to ask the man to restrain Corrin when he speaks allowed. Nicholas must have missed something when he was at the top of the tower. Perhaps more magic? As he nears, almost as an after thought Nicholas says "Sulet, please stop talking. I think you've done enough tonight."

"Corrin it would be better for all of us if you said and did nothing. Beriadan, how are you feeling? What happened to you?"

Spoiler
    Show

Move to J3

Holding my Action, if she starts to wave her hands or say anything or try to escape Nicholas attacks with a nonlethal shot.

Attack
    (1d20+7)[15] (+ 7 = +1 BA, +2 Dex, +1 Weapon focus, +1 MW weapon, +1 Point Blank Shot, +1 Bard Song)

Edit: Forgot Nonlethal Penalty so its actually 11 lol

Damage (Nonlethal)
    (1d8+4)[5] (+4 = +2 Str Composite weapon, +1 Point Blank Shot, +1 Bard Song)
    Last edited by Arillius; 2011-03-11 at 11:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Beriadan responds to Nicholas, eyes still fixed on Corrin. "She... She did to me what she did to Basel. Reached into my mind and twisted it with her dark magic." His eye twitches. He seems a bit off, but obviously not in Corrin's favor. "She won't be doing that any more."

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

Vanalya sighs and rubs her eyes to clear away the remnants of text spinning around her. "Was it truly necessary for you to yell? My eyes are already aching, and you are frankly not helping." Once she can actually see properly, she notes the manacles Beriadan has gotten out. "If you are scared of her magic, you should gag her as well. Some spells can be cast with nothing but words and willpower."

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

At Beriadan's hostility, Corrin simply laughs and says with condescension in her voice, "oh please, don't pretend you didn't like it." On some level, she seems to have given up on either escaping or fighting back. Together, Sulet and Beriadan get her in the manacles. She tries to bite your fingers, but the gag is successfully placed on her as well.

As Alexander heads up the stairs to check on the necromancer, he notes that the majority of the spider horde seems to have receded back into the bowels of the tower. After making the exhausting trek up the steep and precarious staircase, he finds the necromancer - and the corpses - to be exactly where they were left. The man is still unconscious, and the other bodies are still dead.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Beriadan seethes at her arrogance and gladly stuffs the gag in her mouth. "Mustn't let her loose her poisonous tongue again... to stop her magic." He personally leads Corrin back to Perth; his grip on her arm is uncomfortably tight, and he stares straight ahead, silent. How could she do this to me? How could I have failed the Inheritor like this?

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground

"Now, now, calling it dark magic may be pushing things a bit. 'Twas a simple charm. The "lady" here seems to favor mind magic. I admit, that spell you used against me? Well played." Evin makes a mocking bow in Corrin's direction, even if he is aware that she can't answer him. He is slightly piqued by Beriadan's words. That's the same magic I use, after all.

"I gather her brother has been dealt with?" he asks

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman