New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth (IC)

1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Perth (IC)

"This day!" Sulet yells out, as he swings his fancy-stick at the creature's legs. Already it had taken a small chunk of his flesh from his leg. He didn't intend on letting it get anymore... he would already have enough of a fun time patching up what was already taken."Not my best! Not by a long shot!"

Spoiler
    Show
    So, new to PF. From what I gather, I roll a Trip Attack by adding the +2 Bonus from Imp. Trip to my CMB Bonus.
    Trippin', Yo: (1d20+6)[15]
    Just finding my roots again.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

I told you, skeleton. You weren't expecting that to work, right, Evin? The thought comes in a voice surprisingly like Jumoke's, and he raises a smile Thank you, oh my mistress of common sense. He smirks more fully at Beriadan's and Sulet's taunts. He would like to contribute with some quip of his own, but he is still singing, and has no intention of stop doing so. Well, the skeleton didn't work. The badger has more meat on its bones, tho. He takes a step back, switching to his crossbow, and lets a bolt fly towards the giant badger.

Spoiler
    Show
    I was in J9, I think...so 5'step backwards, to J8. attack - (1d20+4)[24] damage - (1d6+1)[6] (+1/+1 inspire courage bonus). And keeping singing as a free action
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2011-02-23 at 01:21 AM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Nicholas's first arrow hits the spine of the creature at nearly the same time Sulet knocked out its legs. The result was a bone shower across the immediate area. Whatever unlife was there, was now gone.

Since the badger never came across as being particularly lively, it was hard to tell whether it redied at moment Beriadan slashed into its neck or when Evin's bolt sunk into its chest. However, after the two events the abomination simply lay in place, motionless. It would trouble them no more.

Beriadan then closes in on Basel. Having just witnessed his only defense fall at the hands of madmen, the poor man further realizes that the lunatics are all around him. "Ioomedae why'd you foorsaken me?" he cries loudly, tears streaming down his tired face. He collapses to his knees, snorts loudly adjusting the tear-infused mucus in his nose then looks toward Vanalya before submitting, "I soorender. Just doon't... just doon't make me sooffer... please!"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

Having just readied himself to pounce at the man and pin him down, Alexander straightens up, coiling his whip and clipping it back on to his belt. He then grabs two fistfuls of Basel's shirt front and growls: "Who sent you? Who are you working for?"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nicholas, seeing the last of the undead creatures go still, replaces his bow upon his back and climbs down from his perch. "Alexander, please do not compound my mistake by frightening him further." Nicholas says this as he begins his careful descent downward.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[23] Climb Check
    (1d20+7)[20] Acrobatics Check in case i fall.
    Last edited by Arillius; 2011-02-23 at 12:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

The hysterical man swats idly at Alexander and continues crying, but says nothing.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Sulet, satisfied with the 'kill', as it were, squats down to the skeletal creature's carcass. Putting both hands around the head of the beast, he pulls, hoping to take the head as a trophy.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Vanalya looks caught between yelling at someone and helping the poor man before her. When Alexander grabs Basel's shirt, she comes to a decision. "Let go of him. He did nothing to you. Basel, it's alright. I am sure my allies have a somewhat reasonable explanation for their actions." Her tone is rather accusatory and assertive but someone who was paying attention could notice that her hands are shaking slightly. "No one is going to hurt you. A single ghoul, or even a zombie, could pose a danger to others. If you could tell me where your necromancer friend is, who he or she is, we could prevent others from coming to harm."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

The fear in his eyes is still just as apparent, but the fact that the one speaking to him now is not attacking him allows him the resolve to respond. "Necroomancer? What are you talking aboot?"

Meanwhile, Sulet collects the skull, which, interestingly enough, is no longer even attached the body.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-02-23 at 03:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Vanalya's eyes widen slightly. "You told me, earlier, that your friend had asked you to gather corpses for him-" She abruptly stops speaking and incants something else, fingers tracing words no one else can see.

Spoiler
    Show

Detect Magic.

Spellcraft - (1d20+6)[19] She suspects Enchantment. EDIT: Argh, I meant Knowledge (arcana)!
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-02-23 at 03:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191

As Nicholas nears the others, slowly and with his hands in the air to show no intent of attacking, he looks curiously at Basel. The man had obviously been commanding the creatures and had even mentioned a friend had made them for him. He doesn't want to interrupt Vanayla this time, having already learned his lesson, so he stays several paces away and simply observes the man.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+10)[21] Sense motive on Basel

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Beriadan steps forward as she finishes her incantation, taking out a holy symbol of Iomedae and displaying it proudly. "Basel, know that Iomedae will preserve you. But you in turn need to honor her by helping us stop whoever is defiling the dead. We can only assume that a necromancer made the badger and skeletons, and that a necromancer wants the bodies. Perhaps you were dealing with a middle-man. Where did you get the undead creatures, what were your orders, and who gave them to you?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If necessary, Diplomacy: (1d20+10)[12]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I want tools to use in the game, not a blank check to do what I want. I can already do what I want.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

@Nicholas
    Spoiler
    Show
    You get the feeling that something about his behavior isn't right, but you don't know what.

@Vanalya
    Spoiler
    Show
    First round
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are magical auras
    Second round
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are three magical auras, all faint
    Third round
    Spoiler
    Show
    Two are definitely faint enchantment auras, you simply can't tell what the third is, but it is faint. (FYI, I filled in the extra two knowledge rolls for you, one success and one failure.)

He shouts are Beriadan, "you carry the symbool of my goud falsely." He spits at the young paladin, then immediately realizes what he just did, "I'm soo soorry, I... I." He returns to tears.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-02-23 at 04:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Evin had the good sense to shut up as soon as the last undead collapsed, even if he ended the song with a flourish. No use in keeping the song up, with Basel already on the verge of peeing himself. He puts his weapons away and approaches the group, but doesn't say anything at the moment, to avoid confusing the man further. He observes, and looks carefully at the man's expressio and his reactions to those around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    perception - (1d20+6)[9]
    sense motive - (1d20+6)[26]
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2011-02-23 at 04:28 PM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

@Evin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because of the man's confusion, his strain at addressing simple questions and his messed up behavior, he is clearly under some form of enchantment.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

When Basel spits at Beriadan, he advances with his hands held out in a conciliatory gesture "Falsely? I can assure you, my friend, that he is the genuine deal. Now, a lot of good people have assured you we don't want your harm. What do you say if you help us out a bit?".

diplomacy - (1d20+9)[22]

EDIT: He turns slightly to Beriadan, and whoever else may be paying attention, silently mouthing "Enchantment" at him.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2011-02-23 at 04:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Basel sniffles a bit, straightens his spine and mounts a courageous reply, "you attacked me at woork! You say you doon't want to hurt me, as you sing gleefully and slaughter my friend's pets. Then you ask me to help you? You are all mad. You can... kill me, but I woould NEVER send sadists like you near my woorst enemies, let aloone my cloostest friends."

18. - Top - End - #198

Nicholas looks at Basel for a moment and then walks over to first skeleton he had shot at, picking up its skull much the way Sulet did. As he's walking back he shows the skull to Basel. The skull is cracked where Nicholas' arrow had landed, so the monk is careful not to break it. "Your friends pets were already dead when we shot them. Only a necromancer could or would turn corpses into this." Nicholas speaks calmly, sympathetically even in hops of convincing the man they meant no harm. "Your friend Macseris told us you are the night digger. Instead of digging up new graves though, we found you commanding creatures like these," Nicholas raises the skull once more, his voice almost pleading now, "to dig up corpses."

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[25] Diplomacy to convince him what he was doing.
    Last edited by Arillius; 2011-02-23 at 05:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Pleased with the smallish head, Sulet makes his way to the large Badger corpse, he takes out a Hunga Munga, and begins to slowly saw the Badger's head off, trying his best not to splatter blood everywhere, and to not keep his feet where the blood begins to trickle. "Is he doing okay over there?" He yells out.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think I just moved up about three points on the creepy scale, and about five on the antics.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Beriadan notices Evin's mouthing, and raises an eyebrow. Hm. Enchantments... not my expertise. He walks over to the bard and whispers, "What do you suppose we do, then?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I want tools to use in the game, not a blank check to do what I want. I can already do what I want.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Evin raises an eyebrow at Sulet's shouted question, but is distracted from answering by Beriadan's question Well, I could enchant him right back is the first answer that comes to his mind... but he doesn't think the orc would appreciate the suggestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    knowl. arcana - (1d20+3)[22] What do I know about those kind of spells? (other than I can cast them )

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Noo, you cracked its skooll. You are the-" Something catches his eye, and Basel starts screaming while pointing at Sulet, "what in the nine Hells is he dooing!"

@Evin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know basically everything about the enchantment speels you can cast.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2011-02-23 at 05:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203

"Sulet! What are you doing?" Nicholas looks at the creepy man trying to take the badgers skull off and nearly throws up, turning away at the last second before he is forced to lose his last meal.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

"Whaaat?" Sulet yells back, his attention going towards the rest of his group, taking the edged weapon out of the rotting meat. "It's called a trophy! If you really care that much, you could answer questions! Answering questions saves lives! It does! It's been proven!"

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

Alexander

"It appears," Alexander answers Basel calmly, "that he is collecting a trophy."

He kneels down before Basel and continues in a soft voice: "I suggest you start answering questions before he collects one from you. Now what is your purpose here?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate Check: (1d20+10)[13]
    Also, Sense Motive to see if he's acting or is just that stupid: (1d20+8)[18]

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"Pffft," Basel scoffs, his facade still strong, "I woork here. What is your business here? Coollect your truphy and be ooff." He glances to the members of the party who haven't harmed him (and who aren't currently gauging the size of their own head in relation to that of a rotting badger), his eyes silently pleading for them to end his torment.

27. - Top - End - #207

As Nicholas breathing ease he looks at a Alexander and Sulet. He says it angrily to try and placate Basel. "Can I speak to you both for a moment." Nicholas waves them both over, trying to keep a stern look on his face. With Sulet it wasn't that hard. The man's actions were just wrong. Alexander might not have heard the others whisperings though, and it kept him form being to angry at the man.

If they decide to listen and walk over to him Nicholas will inform them, in a whispered voice so Basel doesn't hear them, that Evin believes him to be charmed. He does so in the with an angry voice and stance.

If they decide not to come over to him so he could whisper to them, he glares at them.
    Last edited by Arillius; 2011-02-23 at 06:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

"All of you are being ridiculous! Sulet, you're being disgusting! Leave the dead badger alone! Alexander, leave Basel alone! He has a point, you know. Being here at night is his job. The rest of you should apologize to Basel for scaring the living daylights out of him!" Vanalya says sharply, shaking her head slightly to clear away the auras. Her expression softens as she turns back to Basel. "Basel, I'm sorry. I think you've been enchanted, perhaps charmed, into believing that you were friends with a necromancer. We have to find this necromancer, to keep him from doing things like this to anyone else."

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate - (1d20+5)[23] Against the party members.
    Diplomacy - (1d20+9)[20] Getting him to believe me. It's not Bluff, she's really worried about him and the others who the necromancer might be targeting.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh come on now," Sulet says, walking over to the group, his eyes looking over the filth that accumulated on his weapon. "It's already dead, it's not like it's going to get deader, and at best it's going to be resurrected and take what's left of my le- oh hello Nicholas can you stop glaring."

30. - Top - End - #210

"Sulet, its just wrong." Nicholas stops glaring at him, he also stops looking at him in general, when Vanalya speaks about the charm to Basel. Instead of trying to talk to the man once more he goes over to Evin and Beriadan. Speaking in a hushed voice Nicholas asks, "Do either of you know anything we can do for the man?"
    Last edited by Arillius; 2011-02-23 at 06:36 PM.