Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [Nexus] AMEN XXXIX: The Anti-Social Network

By RPGsr4me

A BRIEF HISTORY by the esteemed Lord Magtok
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the darkest pits of despair there lived a fearsome being, one made of pure malevolence, hatred, and madness. He had an equally dark and loathsome plan for our world, the formation of an organization to be known as Evil Incorporated, destined to spread his unhallowed name throughout the world, so that all might come to know and fear the one named Psyke_D.

Fortunately for the rest of us, there's already a webcomic called Evil Inc. When this was pointed out by yours truly, the members of this fledgling new organization went into a frenzy. What good could an evil organization be without a suitably original, stylish, and menacing name? All sorts of suggestions were produced, everything from Vilecom (painfully bland) to Fullbladder's Fabulous Funky Foursome (Totally incorrect, as there was at least six of us by then).

Finally, someone (and by someone I mean me) offered a suggestion even better than Evil Inc, the "Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious". Everyone immediately realized that this was by far the best name they'd ever heard of, and after a chorus of "AMEN, brother"s and nibbling on some pixies, the Association had officially begun.

Years went by after that. In-jokes were formed, members came and went, and dictators were ousted and replaced with new dictators more swiftly than Central America during the Cold War on steroids. It was a glorious time, full of wars with EVIL, The Town, France, and HALO. (All ending in AMEN victories, aside from the last one, which was more of a cease-fire stalemate thingy)

Lives were lost, promptly restored, and then lost again. Love blossomed between various Associates, dark feuds between others, and every manner of nonsense imaginable, but that chaotic energy, that "Burn it all and let the gods sort it out" attitude always came before anything else.

Sadly, these days were destined to end eventually. AMEN just couldn't keep up with HALO, GLoG, and the rest of the world, and xenophobically shut its doors upon the rest of the world. A Dark Age ensued, full of newbs posting inane nonsense and old members complaining about the newbs instead of trying to better their situation, until eventually, not even the newbs were posting anymore.

Then came hope. Most called him crazy (and they were right), others called him ridiculously optimistic, and some say he's a big smelly dragon who doesn't bathe anywhere near as much as he should (Or maybe only I say that), but everyone else called him Gordon, the new leader of AMEN. Realizing that this xenophobic age had to end, he led AMEN out of the darkness, and brought about a new age of darkness, gave us a world where AMEN is once again a serious threat. For that, we owe him our thanks. I'm still gonna stab him in the back the first chance I get, though.

THE BUILDING
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don’t want to know. The greatest minds of our time have studied AMEN’s base, only to be driven MAD by the labyrinthine, ever shifting corridors and reality-defying chambers. The base itself is sentient, and doesn’t really take kindly to smartasses trying to map it. That being said, as long as you don’t try too hard to make sense of the base, it’s not difficult to find, say, the an empty bunk, the common room, the can, the lab, et cetera. Of course, there’s much more to the base than that, but I can’t tell you about it. 1) Because it would crush your little mind, and 2) because I don’t wanna.

MEMBERSHIP FORM
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don’t want to know. The greatest minds of our time have studied AMEN’s membership form, only to be driven MAD by the labyrinthine, ever shifting legalese and the reality-defying... ah, you know the drill. Just sign in blood at the bottom. Don’t worry, once you get past the legalese it’s all fairly standard. *cough*

LIST OF MEMBERS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gordon-Phantom.
    Magtok-Magtok.
    Jack-Murkus.
    The Moff-Moff Chumley
    Rot-Vampire Rot
    Becky-BR
    Darcy-HT
    Xavier-Billtodamax
    Ilpholin-Reinholdt
    Anyu - Haruki
    Riv - ThirdEmperor

OOC NOTES & RULES
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the sake of variety, these rules will be listed in the form of Russian reversals. Wanna know why? Because I WAS BORED.

In Soviet Russia, AMEN base doesn’t destroy YOU!!
    In Soviet Russia, godmodding aren’t allowed to YOU!!
    In Soviet Russia, spam doesn’t post YOU!!
    In Soviet Russia, t3h s3cks drop curtains on YOU!!

HOW TO JOIN
    Spoiler
    Show
    Step 1) Wander in.
    Step 2) Attempt to secure a membership form from an existing member. Which is no mean feat.
    Step 3) Do not, under any circumstances, read the form. No, not even then.
    Step 4) Sign in blood, please! Preferably yours.
    Step 5) Congratulations, you’re now in AMEN! Weekly dues are paid to the current head.

About Henchmen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Henchmen for the most part can be godmoded, however, certain henchmen are normally under one players control.

Standard henchmen attack uniform. by MethosH, from the Nexus webcomic.

List of important henchmen
    Rogar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Head Henchman, manages the henchmen. Fights with electrostaff.

Sweetums
    Spoiler
    Show
    Head Ogre Usher, most powerful fighter of henchmen. Makes the very nice fudge.

Pete
    Spoiler
    Show
    Henchman of Navial business. Insane, thinks he's a pirate, always talks like one.

Mr E
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spymaster of henchmen. No telling what he looks like.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XXXIX: The Anti-Social Network

[On a hill, within view of AMEN]

Ilyena, and possibly Raz, show up on the hill. It's raining (just prove me wrong!), and it's all dramatic and whatnot. Ilyena glares at the volcano, not really moving. He's waiting for something.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

A slight breeze seems to come from it before stopping for a moment. It resumes once all the cloaked units of Mortal Coil creep in silently.

On the other hand, if the door is locked, one of the cloaked members sets a small device on the lock and knocks loudly before moving quickly away, a remote held in it's hand.

4. - Top - End - #4

The door is locked.

And a henchman goes and looks through the camera watching the outside of the door.

"Who is it?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Inside AMEN's base, the vampire Rot is standing peering out a window into the rain. Looking stoic. The door to this room opens, and a henchman steps in. The minion looks hesitant as the vampire's attention turns to him, narrow and evil eyes glimmering.

"Uh, sir. The dramameters are acting up. Something big's gonna go down tonight."

"This is disturbing news... Get re- Wait, what does that even mean? And why are you telling me about it?"

Rot furrows his brow and gives the henchman a slightly confused glare. The minion coughs nervously.

"Sorry, Rot. We just thought it'd help build up the mood."

"... Get out."

"RightawayRotsir!"

As the color-less henchman scurries out of the room, Rot shakes his head in disgust.

"Drama... Please. This is AMEN."
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-01-24 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Kirk is totally here watching TV.

DRAMATICALLY!
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-01-24 at 09:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[In AMEN, within view of a hill]

Anyu stretches and stands up. Nothing like late night television. Whatever the time of day might actually be. But that's quite enough of that for now. She switches the TV off and walks over to the kitchen. Given that no one is cooking anything, she's using it as an improvised lab. The fumes can be smelled all throughout the base, the kitchen gathering a mystifying air around it.

She straightens out her hat. "Let's see... the silencing potion looks like it's coming along nicely. The blinding potion... needs a bit more stirring," she says as she starts stirring it. "The special gravity inversion potion.... hehe... always a favorite of mine. Was great back in high school. And the Potion to cure ilnesses..."

She removes the top of a pot and a giant flame bursts out. She shrieks and quickly covers the pot. "...looks like it'd give anyone a flesh-eating disease. Man, I hate healing potions. They never turn out right."

She sighs. "We only have four burners. I need to pester Gordon again about getting a bigger stove."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Yes YesYesYesYesYesYes

Looks likes something is excited about something but it's doing it quitely.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

[Skies, also overlooking AMEN]

A cloaked psychic, currently-invisible jacket hood up thanks to the rain, hovers in the sky overlooking AMEN, having evidently teleported into the area. He too waits for something.

Someone's not pleased about Jack's little incursion into WATCHTOWER.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2011-01-24 at 09:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

10. - Top - End - #10

Anyu shrieks. "KYAAH! Ugh... you.... thing! Would you stop spying on me like that? Do you have any idea how creepy it is?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

There's no answer, and the camera won't be able to pick up anything.

12. - Top - End - #12

Goblin

Raz is with Ilyena. He has whiskey. For the moment he waits.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Kitchen]

I see everything this building of an idea, all the time. That's what happens when you try to be everywhere in where. And YES

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Ilyena tends to have wards alerting him of invisible people. He casts a quick See Invisibility, hopefully making out DC and the Mortal Coil gentlemen. He follows it with a Fly spell, and approaches DC. "Nice evening, isn't it? What brings you here?" Ilyena's starting to grin in anticipation.

15. - Top - End - #15

[Near the Entrance]

A Pizza Drone notes the lack of anyone at the door, and deep in his lab, Riv ponders.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

16. - Top - End - #16

Anyu looks uncomfortable. There's something about someone saying they see everything in a building... where you LIVE...

She shakes her head. Back to the potions. She takes a few glass vials and starts pouring the potions in. First, the silencing and the blinding potions. It's a pity they can't mix, because a silencing and blinding potion would be great.

Unfortunately, she runs out of flasks, being able to pour only one vial of Special Gravity Inversal. And none, of course, of the Curing potion.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2011-01-24 at 10:04 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Goblin

Raz blinks, and appears next to the two casters, sort of hovering in one spot.

Hey. Cant see you, but I know where you are. Getting involved?
    Last edited by Project_Mayhem; 2011-01-24 at 10:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

(deadtime.)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Kirk is watching Nexus' Most Hilarious Chainsaw Manicures.

He can't seem to get into it though. He's feeling vaguely uncomfortable. The worst kind of uncomfortable.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

[Skies over AMEN]

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    Ilyena tends to have wards alerting him of invisible people. He casts a quick See Invisibility, hopefully making out DC and the Mortal Coil gentlemen. He follows it with a Fly spell, and approaches DC. "Nice evening, isn't it? What brings you here?" Ilyena's starting to grin in anticipation.
    "Jack Empty attacked WATCHTOWER. It's time to put these idiots in their place." Ilyena can see that DC has that beam rifle of his in hand, a red power cell that Ilyena had a hand in creating loaded in it.

Yay, fire.

"It's a bit overdue, don't you think?" The psychic seems to be looking forward to this as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

[Entrance Hall]

The henchmen are huddled here, in discussion. They all seem rather nervous, as the tension in the air is almost audible. Finally, an agreement is reached. Straws are drawn and palmed, and one henchman is shoved forward toward the door holding a bent bendy straw.

Cyan tentatively tries to open the door, the other henchmen watching from a good distance away. Some have their weapons pointed at the door, others are starting betting pools on what's going to happen to the minion singled out among them.

"Yes?"

Elsewhere, Rot leaves his window room to hurry down to the main room. The vampire is sure he saw something up in the air, looked like a flying man.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-01-24 at 10:08 PM.

Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #22

Goblin

So who actually is this?

Raz can't see invisible

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

"They kidnapped me a while back. Never did get around to returning the favor, and something told me tonight was a good time for it. My, ah, associate, here, doesn't have nearly so good an excuse, but I figure, the more, the merrier. Do you have a plan? I just ask because I was about to blow a hole in the wall and start throwing fireballs and I don't wanna get in the way of anything you have set up." Ilyena's mentally cobbling together spells, sorting his course of action. "This is DC, Raz. Works with WATCHTOWER, and I believe he's pretty closely associated with the empire. He's a good guy."
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2011-01-24 at 10:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

"Hey, Rot," says Anyu as the vampire arrives. "Listen, there's some leftover blood in the fridge, but it's been there for a while. You'd better drink it or I'm gonna throw it away. Some potions need refrigeration. And it takes up too much space."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance
    Ilyena will see the Mortal Coil unit. It's a fairly large group of heavily armored people wearing shimmering cloaks.

With a pull of the trigger on the remote, the shaped charge on the door detonates as soon as the door opens a crack, blasting it and sending a cone of flame and molten copper into the hallway. Even before the flames stop and smoke clears, invisible figures sprint through, weapons ready, leaving tiny wisps of smoke in their wake to mark their passage.

26. - Top - End - #26

A Pizza Drone stomps up to the highest floor of AMEN, sniper rifle in hand. Keeping out view, using a tarp of heat reflecting material that adapts to it's envirionment, which makes it all but invisible even to thermal, the Drone takes aim at Raz, an anti-magic round in the chamber. He pulls the trigger, and sends the bullet hurtling towards Raz's noggin.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

27. - Top - End - #27

Anyu looks up. "Well.... gosh darn it to heck," she says.

Actually, no. She said something else.

She reaches down at her waist and draws the Whip, preparing for the incoming attack.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Ilyena idly creates a vast gust of wind directed at the bullet. Since the only thing coming in contact with the bullet is completely mundane air, not magic, it should be plenty easy to snatch out of the air. "Well that seems unsporting."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh bleep, an explosion. Kirk ducks behind the couch and signs himself up his tommy gun and a couple swords on his back.

He peers under the couch, trying to see how many there are. Kirk can see infrared and through magical invisibility by the way.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Entrance]

Cyan dies painfully. To be revived moments later in another part of the base, the cloning labs. Somehow holding the same exact bendy straw, dumbfounded.

The other henchmen? Not so killed, but not much better off. They have the pleasure of being near enough to get injured by the blast, but far enough away not to get disintegrated. Lucky them. Some are unable to react much, but the luckier* henchmen are still standing.

"We're under attack!"

Pink's exclamation is shouted into the comm-link in her robotic arm, so henchmen elsewhere in the base are soon alerting members. The other minions at the door start firing their modern bullet-hurling firearms, but really can't aim very well in the smoke with nothing to actually aim at.

*the ones who were behind the others

[Main Room]

Rot's words match Anyu's in forum friendliness. The vampire draws his magic sword and grabs a passing henchman to use as a meatshield. Then he waits for the enemies to come into view. Or blood sniffing distance.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2011-01-24 at 10:20 PM.

Nexus characters