New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [3.5] Has anyone stated up Eldrazi?

Spoiler
    Show

Hi,

The after next climax of my campaign setting features a Rise of the Eldrazi themed "Awakening of the Primordial Ones" theme.

For this I need stats for various Eldrazi, especial the around medium-sized ones, and perhaps the bigger ones (or at least two of them) as "end bosses".

The above image basically inspired my whole campaign.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2011-02-21 at 09:27 PM.
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Has anyone stated up Eldrazi?

-First off, the legendary Eldrazi should be deities (only directly confrontable by high epics)
    -Look for any cthulu related homebrews, and anything aberation related (Lords of Madness should be quite helpful)
    My homebrew
    Official spokesman of the totemist class for gestalt (and proud supporter of parenthetical asides (especially nested ones)). Author of a gestalt handbook
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Did you just put a gear shift on a lightsaber?
    Redneck laser swords only work in manual.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Check for homebrew from The Demented One and Krimm Blackleaf. For a time they were producing a lot of it. Although flashy, they have surprisingly balanced homebrew, especially the first one.

Also Elder Evils does a good job presenting those outsiders as viable campaign themes rather than "rocks tentacles fall, you die"

Complete Shadow Magic! for Pathfinder Rules. (Google Docs PDF)
    Newest: Shadowcaster Archetypes
    WIP:Wordcasting Shadowcaster

Previous games: Life in Hell
    as Moira

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by peacenlove View Post
    Check for homebrew from The Demented One and Krimm Blackleaf. For a time they were producing a lot of it. Although flashy, they have surprisingly balanced homebrew, especially the first one.

Also Elder Evils does a good job presenting those outsiders as viable campaign themes rather than "rocks tentacles fall, you die"
    Linkies please?
    I just want someone to hold me and tell me they love me. Especially when I am sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skami Pilno View Post
    The man who is dominated by fear of death is already dead.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Not a homebrew, but I always thought that Pseudonatural Titans (for Kozilek, Ulamog, and Emrakul), Giants, or Ogres (for the "Smaller" ones) would be fitting for most Eldrazi. Of course that pushes their individual CR to 25 minimum so you'd probably need some homebrew for Drones or if you were looking to have them fight an Eldrazi pre-epic. I'd also homebrew the SLA of the "Titans" to give each a unique flavor.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Well, they are supposed to be incredibly powerful beings from what i know but you dont necessarily have to limit an encounter with one of them to high epic characters. Although to be honest, the lowest one i would create for an encounter would be a CR 20 creature - pretty much something like Kyuss from the final chapter of the age of worms campaign setting of dungeon's if you're familiar with it

I suppose you can pretty much do whatever you want when creating one, since the only common ability they had in magic was the "annihilator" ...I'd translate that as an instant-kill effect for whoever gets too close. The pcs would probably need to find an artifact or something that would protect them from that to even hope to get close to the creature and attack it ( **eeeviiil DM**)
    Last edited by PAZelos; 2011-02-21 at 08:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PAZelos View Post
    The pcs would probably need to find an artifact or something that would protect them from that
    Kind of like the effect of Tajuru Preserver.

As for stats for Emrakul... Find stats for a jellyfish. Make it Colossal++. Make it effectively a Lich without a phylactery. Give it SR infinity. Whenever it attacks everything within 30' of it is destroyed.
    Fighter: "I can kill someone in a turn."
    Cleric: "I can kill someone in half a turn."
    Wizard: "I can kill someone before my turn."
    Bard: "I can make three idiots kill people for me."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumeken View Post
    (*starts laughing* Oh my god.... you do not know what fresh Hell you've suddenly introduced do you? Oh well... here we go...)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

While I haven't made the Eldrazi themselves, I have made a special ruling for them. Instead of things like Sp, Su or Ex, they have Nu. Null. They're alien to the fabric of the multiverse, after all, so their abilities reflect that by being nigh-impossible to stop, resist or copy.

Like, for example,

Disaster Radius (Nu): Eldrazi have an aura around them called a Disaster Radius, in which their null energy seeps out into the world, wearing away at everything until there's nothing left. The Disaster Radius is *insert distance here; legendaries should have ludicrous range* feet in diameter. Anything in it takes 1 null damage each round, which *increases by X as the closer they are to the Eldrazi*. Null damage cannot be reduced, resisted or repaired until the Disaster Radius is exited.

...Only, you know, worded better. Null-energy attacks all have that in common, in that they're irresistible until one exits the Radius.