New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [MLP FIM] Bridle Shores General locations/Civic Center/Knack's farm/The Beach

The Town of Bridle Shores

Far to the west of Canterlot, further still even from Ponyville, a quiet little town is quickly springing up near a large lake.

This is Bridle Shores, situated along a large lake with a natural beach. Not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance.

A small business district has started to grow, with a bakery, Dress shop, Grill, Greenhouse, Dojo, Saw mill, snow cone stand, dance academy, and even a soda bar popping up for the citizens of the town.They are also experimenting with new technology such as Floppy Disk’s computer shack or the Doctor's friendship harnessing lab. In addition, there's a farm and a wizard's tower on the outskirts of the town.

Much of the forest is quiet and peaceful, but deeper within the forest lurks creatures far more dangerous…

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Recruitment Thread

Mane Pony Thread

OOC Thread

Locations Covered in this Thread

The Civic Center:The Civic center is where most new ponies go when they need a place to stay for the night. If they don't simply find a way to get their own house that is.

Knack's farm:Knack's farm is a large settlement outside of the town, with every type of food you can imagine. It's run by Knack alone, but he occasionally is helped by other local ponies.

General locations There are some locations that get very little traffic and so do not warrant their own thread. This will include areas such as the forest, the lighthouse, the previously mentioned houses or anywhere else that isn't included in one of the other threads.

Please mark which location your characters are speaking from to make this go as smoothly as possible.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-05-02 at 10:17 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FIM] Bridle Shores Houses/Civic Center/Knack's farm/The Beach

[Lake Beach -- Minstrone's House]

Minstrone wakes up, stretches his legs, and gets ready for lessons. He must learn to figure out what the symbols on his armor mean, and why there are already two activated. Minstrone will be back in 8 hours

((ooc: See you all in 8 hours.))
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FIM] Bridle Shores Houses/Civic Center/Knack's farm/The Beach

((Figured I may as well give Cotton Sable some love since I dropped her for a short while to use Cherry Cider. I never had a knack for using 2 characters at the same time.))

[Lake/Beach]
    Cotton Sable, having revently dyed her mane a light blue color, walks up to the lakeside and sighs. She needed something to do since she wasn't invited to that big party. Sitting down, she takes a look at her hoof. She would have to find Soft eventually and ask if she knew any spells to change a pony's colors. She despised the color pink.

Looking around, she saw that somebody had built a new house around here. Ponies seemed to be popping up everywhere. This town would be a major city in no time. She looked back towards the lake, lightly flicking her tail back and forther as she closed her eyes slightly.
    Last edited by Sable; 2011-05-02 at 09:07 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FIM] Bridle Shores General locations/Civic Center/Knack's farm/The Beach

If you recall...
    Joyful Skies was engaged in cuddling. Also burnt food, but the cuddling is the important part.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FIM] Bridle Shores General locations/Civic Center/Knack's farm/The Beach

[Floppy's House]

Yes, burnt food and cuddling.

Lots of...cuddling.

And possibly even some sleep at some point.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

[Floppy's House]
    Yes, and the 'sleep' may at some point involve sleeping.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Meanwhile, in Ponyville...

Mystery had been asking questions. And not getting a lot of answers. Eventually, she spotted a purple unicorn with a straight-cut forelock coming out of the library. Well, anyone knowledgable was a good start, right. She would just show her the photograph and ask, in her best ominious detective voice,

"Heya, Dollface. Tell me what you know."

The unicorn looked slightly puzzled, but seemed pleased that someone was asking her for information. At which point Mystery looked down and realized that the photo was still very much in her coat pocket.

"Well," said the unicorn, pursing her lips, "I was just studying about the life cycle of the Everfree Dung Beetle, which is really a fascinating field of study. You see, the male Everfree Dung Beetle is born from..."

... 7 Hours Later (Or maybe it just felt like 7 hours)...

"And that's what I just got done studying tonight. Do you want to know about anything else?"

The rootbeer flask dropped from Mystery's lips, where she had been keeping it for a considerable length of time, taking deep, maddeningly bored, swigs.

"...I meant...About...this pegasus..."

She took the picture out of her mouth and showed it to the unicorn. Ordinary reckless investigators got lungs full of lead. But not her, ooohhhhh no. She got lectures. But she pulled herself together.

"Lived in town about 5 years ago; I want to know if she's still living in this area."

"Sorry...I've never seen her. But I'm pretty new around here."

Moonlight Mystery snorted.

"Well, worth a shot. Thanks for your time."

She sighed and, before the unicorn could say anything, sauntered off to a nearby alley. She checked her rootbeer flask. It was distressingly empty now.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

((OOC: Since Endless Xaraphim is taking a break, I'm going ahead without him. Hopefully it's alright if I godmode his pony a lil'))

[Lake Beach -- Minstrone's House/Night]

Silverpine galloped ahead, his curiosity getting the better of him. He came to a screeching halt in front of the house, breathing heavily. Turning around to look for chance, he suddenly realised he lost the black unicorn on the way.

Ugh, I completely forgot he was limping earlier. Maybe he had a lame leg... now what do I do?

Shaking his head, he decided to just go ahead and poke around while he's here. Sensing nothing interesting outside the house, he rapped the door of the house loudly.

"Is anyone there?" he called.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-02 at 11:36 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Spark Chaser SOME General Location->The Beach/Lake

Later that day mama had decided that the three would go on a picnic at the lake and play at the beach. Spark Chaser looked forward to this as it would help distract him from all of this morning...plus he wanted to be the biggest and bestest sound castle EVER! Well until Cloud wanted to help and thus end up knocking it over. Drats. His mama packed a picnic basket and a quilt, while he and Cloud made sure they had their beach toys which they were going to end up neglecting in favor of playing with some rocks they'd find. Kids, typical. The one thing Spark's made sure to have was his goggles.
    ----

About a good thirty minutes of traveling, would have taken much less for Sparks had he been running but his mama wanted him to stay together. Drats. Didn't matter though as they were finally here. There was a house here that he wasn't sure was here be before....but then again what did he know? This was the first time he had come to the lakeside beach. It was so pretty and glistening, the way the clouds reflected in the gentle waters. He just wanted to fly so bad.

He helped his mama set up the quilt, afterwards would be play time as the three engaged in a good ol' fashion game of beach ball catch.

10. - Top - End - #10

[Lake Beach -- Minstrone's House -Night
    Minstrone returns home finally from school. He sees a pony knocking on his door.
    "Hello there my good fellow! Is there something I can help you with?"
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-05-02 at 01:45 PM.
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    [Lake Beach -- Minstrone's House -Night
    Minstrone returns home finally from school. He sees a pony knocking on his door.
    "Hello there my good fellow! Is there something I can help you with?"
    Silverpine spun around in shock. He certainly didn't expect the owner to be out in the middle of the night.

"Um, hi there. I was just wondering, were you the one building this house earlier?" Silverpine suddenly felt very out of place. What the in the name of Equestria is he doing in the middle of the night, knocking on stranger's door?

12. - Top - End - #12

[Lake Beach---Minstrone's House]
    "Yes I did, I didn't take long, considering how I like being busy, and how much I wanted some soup that I would cook later. Plus I had some control over the earth so that helped too. Why?"
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

[Lake Beach---Minstrone's House]
    "Yes I did, I didn't take long, considering how I like being busy, and how much I wanted some soup that I would cook later. Plus I had some control over the earth so that helped too. Why?"
    Silverpine was fumbling for words "... why? Well, for starters... um... why were you building a house here in the middle of the night... I mean, don't you have to get permission or something..."

Who am I kidding? I'm new to town myself and I'm minding someone else business? Better find an excuse to slink away and find out where Chance went.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-02 at 02:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

[Lake Beach-- Minstrone's House]

" I don't know myself. I just hope building a house here isn't illegal. I built it here because I like the lake. Iz beautiful at night."

Minstrone stares at the lake.
    "Also I just kinda got here myself, I am here to study up on magic."
    Busy with Life

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

[Lake Beach-- Minstrone's House]

" I don't know myself. I just hope building a house here isn't illegal. I built it here because I like the lake. Iz beautiful at night."

Minstrone stares at the lake.
    "Also I just kinda got here myself, I am here to study up on magic."
    "I... I see." Silverpine looked at the blue pony for a moment before realising he hadn't introduced himself.

"By the way, name's Silverpine." Silverpine shuffled his hooves. "Actually... I'm also new to town. Was camping out for the night with a friend on the beach over there,"

EDIT: Ghetto edit, misread the pony type.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-02 at 03:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

[Lake Beach--Minstrone's House]
    Looking at the pony, the Blue Earth Pony Minstrone said:
    "By all means, you and your friend are welcome to stay in my guest house. As long as you don't mind possibly being accomplises if this house is illegal to have been built here."
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

[Lake Beach--Minstrone's House]
    Looking at the pony, the Blue Earth Pony Minstrone said:
    "By all means, you and your friend are welcome to stay in my guest house. As long as you don't mind possibly being accomplises if this house is illegal to have been built here."
    "Well, thank you kindly for the offer, mister. Unfortunately I seemed to have... err... misplaced my friend. He has a limp and I think I left him behind when I galloped ahead," Silverpine felt the guilt on his shoulders as he finished the sentence.

"Not sure if I can find him out in the dark now."Silverpine looked out across the lake. I sure hope you're safe buddy.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-02 at 03:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

"Well, my momma always used to say: 'When in doubt, set a fire to help you look for your friend'. Luckily, I happen to have some flashlights within my house. I'll go grab them and then we can go looking for you friend, because my momma also used to say: 'help people'. My momma was a real nice pony."

Minstrone goes inside and comes back out a little later, with two large flashlights.

"So where should we look first?"
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, my momma always used to say: 'When in doubt, set a fire to help you look for your friend'. Luckily, I happen to have some flashlights within my house. I'll go grab them and then we can go looking for you friend, because my momma also used to say: 'help people'. My momma was a real nice pony."

Minstrone goes inside and comes back out a little later, with two large flashlights.

"So where should we look first?"
    "Thanks a lot. I would hate to lose my new friend to some accident on the day I met him." The earth pony smiled warmly at the strange pony's offer.

Silverpine looked thoughtful as he pondered the possibilities. "Hmm, we could start by the beach. We just went by there anyway. If not, then we'll have to search the woods surrounding the lake. That'll... be more unpleasant." Silverpine shudders at the thought of roaming the dark unfamiliar forest in the middle of night.

20. - Top - End - #20

"I suggest we start looking at the beach. He might have been lulled asleep by the waves."

He begins to move towards the beach, turning his flashlight on and ducktaping it to his head.
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

"I suggest we start looking at the beach. He might have been lulled asleep by the waves."

He begins to move towards the beach, turning his flashlight on and ducktaping it to his head.
    Silverpine followed suit. Figuring Minstrone's house is as safe as any, he decided to leave his saddlepacks here as well.

"Wait up," Silverpine called as he galloped to catch up with the blue earthpony.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-02 at 03:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

[The Beach]

Minstrone and the strange pony he met arrive at the beach, they see the waves rolling, a lullaby for the seacrabs. Minstrone himself cannot find hide nor hair of another pony. All he can see are deep indents that the waves themselves are filling in.

"Oh yeah, never caught your name. Mines Minstone, I am sometimes called the Delicous Trickster, how about you?"
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

[The Beach]

Minstrone and the strange pony he met arrive at the beach, they see the waves rolling, a lullaby for the seacrabs. Minstrone himself cannot find hide nor hair of another pony. All he can see are deep indents that the waves themselves are filling in.

"Oh yeah, never caught your name. Mines Minstone, I am sometimes called the Delicous Trickster, how about you?"
    "Silverpine, replacement teacher for this town. The pony we're looking for is called Chance Links, a black unicorn. He err... makes lots of chocolate chips when he teleports," Silverpine scans the dark beach, but not having any luck locating his friend.

"Anyway, I don't see any sign of him here. Let's go on further ahead, our camp isn't far from here. He could have wandered back,"
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-02 at 04:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

"You lead, I have no Idea where your camp is."
    Minstrone lets Silverpine lead the way.
    "I hope your friend doesn't make chocolate chips when he teleports like I am thinking. And he is a black unicorn. He could be hiding from us right now with only the night as his cover!"
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Silverpine hadn't considered his friend's black coat. This is going to be doubly difficult finding him. We'll have to literally stumble across him just to find him now! Despite the gloomy thoughts, he redoubled his pace towards his camp on the beach.

Silverpine reached the site of his camp. Nothing seemed to have been disturbed since he left. The marks where he and Chance made were clearly visible. The orange pony double checked every inch of the camp to be sure.

"No luck. He isn't here. Guess we'll have to start looking in the woods."
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-02 at 04:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

"Righteo! Now to just move all of my ranks of Craft(Cake Decorating) into Survival....... Oh sorry, old habit of mine. Well, time to follow these old hoofprints. Hopefully we won't find your friend covered in bugs or something"

Minstrone begins to follow the hoofprints, making sure that Silverpine grabbed anything he needed first before he left.
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

"Righteo! Now to just move all of my ranks of Craft(Cake Decorating) into Survival....... Oh sorry, old habit of mine. Well, time to follow these old hoofprints. Hopefully we won't find your friend covered in bugs or something"

Minstrone begins to follow the hoofprints, making sure that Silverpine grabbed anything he needed first before he left.
    ((OOC: D&D in my MLP RP? ))

Silverpine took one last wistful look at the camp, and then followed Minstrone's lead. He was surprised that the blue pony was able to follow the old tracks, being disturbed as they are.

28. - Top - End - #28

[In the Forest]

Minstrone walked with Silverpine into the forest surrounding the lake, carefully following the footprints as best as he could. They eventually arrived somewhat near Minstrone's house while still being in the woods. They could see a unicorn like form ahead, they could also hear snores bellowing from it.

"If that is your friend, pony christ, he is LOUD"
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

[In the Forest]

Minstrone walked with Silverpine into the forest surrounding the lake, carefully following the footprints as best as he could. They eventually arrived somewhat near Minstrone's house while still being in the woods. They could see a unicorn like form ahead, they could also hear snores bellowing from it.

"If that is your friend, pony christ, he is LOUD"
    "Can't say I noticed. Then again, I was pretty much in deep sleep before your building woke me up," Silverpine replied. He stepped forward to find the black unicorn sleeping soundly in under an oversized fern. Silverpine was relived to find his friend unhurt, though he was also curious as to how he managed to end up here.

"Um, okay, now what shall we do with him?"
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-02 at 04:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

"Don't worry, we will just make a stretcher and carry him into the guest house. Don't worry, I can make a stretcher....."

Minstrone concentrates on his earth power, the ground rumbles underneath Chance, and a stretcher pops under him, perfectly clean.

"Yup, modified earth power, I can move earth, and I can also find things lost in the earth. This sigil on my hoof boot somehow lets me do that(He points to the yellow sigil on his boots)"And this one lets me make small fires. It is quite awesome that I found this sigil gear, I wouldn't be able to do much magic without it. These dark ones are why I came to Bridal Shores, I need to talk to one of the ponies here that know about magic."

Minstrone grabs an end of the Stretcher.

"The quicker we get him to the guest house, the faster I will make more soup. All this work has made me hungry. And I make the best soup ever, thats why they call me Minstone the Delicous."
    Busy with Life