New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1528

Thread: AvB - Ishmael

1. - Top - End - #1021
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Ishmael

Ishmael shakes his head as he will be unable to finish this as neatly as he had hoped.

"I will give you a chance watchman" he says as he draws his spiked chain using the hat to make it look like a very dark and ominous looking scythe.

"You can arrest that man cause he tried to kill me but he failed. He will be valuable to you as he is a criminal. I on the other hand cannot unfortunately come with you but I promise you my identity will become apparent in a couple of days when your commander asks that you join them in a raid, provided you tell me your name. Until then you must keep this place a secret" he says very seriously without trying to scare him or bluff him.

"If that proposition does not sound good enough I guess we will have to fight until one of us is claimed by Deaths cold hands and believe me that is something neither of us wants".
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

In answer, he calls out, "Jonah, Hino, Herst. We've got a perp resisting arrest!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #1023

Spoiler
    Show

Oh thats nice!

Do we go in initiative or do I have a standard action before?

Also is the door from where I had come and from where they came open by any chance?

Ishmael mumbles angrily and uses the magic of the hat to make him look exactly like the guard facing him including outfit and spiked chain appears as the drawn weapon of the man as he takes a few steps away so that he is not obviously just out of the carpet trapdoor.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    not unless this devolves into actual combat.

The man draws his reinforced club and says, "Watch out! This one's a shape-shifter. I'm the real me."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #1025

"Careful everyone. He made himself look like me. Just subdue both of us and we will figure it out at the station" he calls out loudly moving further away towards a door or window.

On a more lower hushed tone he whispers to the man.

"You are making a mistake and the Church of Pelor shall hear about this. You will pay" in order to throw in a more confusing account.

If there is indeed the open door I will be close to it but trying to pretend as if I am guarding it unless if I notice the guards coming from there.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Three humans in the garb of the City Watch approach the open door.

"Rather than try and subdue both of us, which works great if we can manage to subdue the shapeshifter and he doesn't change to look like one of you, why not ask us questions that only I can answer?"

7. - Top - End - #1027

"Well I guess that would indeed help things quite a bit" says the look alike in a moment of contrition as he moves to lift his hands up but instead snatches a smokestick from his belt and throws it on the ground a few feet infront of the watchmen and by the door.

"I really was trying to help" he says

He then waves the man farewell and steps into it tumbling towards the guards and hides within the smoke his back finding the comfortable safety of the wall as his peerless camouflage and quick step take over.

Spoiler
    Show

Trying to create concealment so I can hide and then I take a few short steps away from my last location.

Hide:(1d20+39)[48]
    MS: (1d20+23)[24]

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

Much coughing and confusion but little time later, one of the guards says, "I heard him from over this way!"

9. - Top - End - #1029

Ishmael takes a few steps towards the secret passage to make the guards hear him heading there and then moves to the wall to the left and starts inching slowly towards the open direction his back on the wall and walking slower this time.

He remains quiet though not really calm and is ready to take action as needed.

Spoiler
    Show

Dont know if I can roll again,

if yes

hide (1d20+39)[48]
    MS (1d20+23)[39]

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

You break cover long enough to draw their attention, then hide again. This time, they follow the false lead and head off down an alley.

11. - Top - End - #1031

Ishmael returns to the "crime scene" now that the guards are not present there and looks for the unconsious target.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

The target is right where you left him.

13. - Top - End - #1033

Ishmael regrets having to do this. He takes out one of the knives the man had on him and stabs him twice to the heart to make sure there is no suffering from what he is about to do next.

He takes out a flask of acid and spills it all over the mans face and especially on the tongue so that he wont be able to be recognised or spoken to when he passes deaths door.

Finally he kicks the body in the spiked pit trap to make matters worse for the watchmen in retrieving it or even better cause them to abandon this whole thing to avoid being called incompetent for losing one suspect and getting the other one killed.

To ensure that no trace is left he also draws out an alchemist fire flask and throws it on the body to set it aflame and leave little evidence.

He then proceeds to throw in a scent breaker in case they return with dogs to track him, hide in the shadows quickly and leave the scene. He maintains the aspect of the guard though in case someone manages to spot him.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

No one notices him as he leaves.

15. - Top - End - #1035

Ishmael heads over to a nearby corner and waits there to see what the guards do if/when they return. In the mean time he takes out a ration pack and starts munching it to avoid missing breakfast.

hide (1d20+39)[56]

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

When they return 30 minutes later, they find the body and the one you impersonated says, "Well, looks like the perp killed the double to make it harder on us. We've now got no witnesses, and no leads. We'll file a report that a shape-shifting killer is on the loose. Possibly related to Pelor, but that seems a false trail. Pelor's church isn't into killers in the dark. They're good priests."

17. - Top - End - #1037

Spoiler
    Show

Hahaha yes yes! My master plan to bring down the church of pelor is unfolding!

On a serious note... do they seem to investigate the trap door at all? Thats the most important thing for me...

Also on an OOC level are there any other PCs doing Jacks related quests? You dont have to tell me but I was just wondering if I could team on it since they seem pretty major!

Also outside the actual game... wow we have 1k+ posts! Nice running!

Ishmael watches the men for a little while longer picking up any mannerisms and talk between them he could use in the future like who their sergeant is, which station they are located etc.

He then returns to his rented hotel room after taking all precautions, backtracking, changing roads and appearances to ensure he is not followed and rests for 6 hours as he is feeling pretty exhausted. He does not neglect to eat properly all the meals he should to keep the cloak walking.

If nothing disturbs his sleep he wakes up refreshed and ready to continue with the mission his standard employer has given him and as such heads once again for the bank a bit before closing time. He does so hidden and cloaked in shadows as usual.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    oh, btw, that last bit was worth 250 xp.

It appears that the one you first met is the leader of this squad.

Unfortunately, the banker has closed his bank for the day. Word on the street is, three thugs burst in just before closing time two days ago and beat him nearly senseless. No one is sure why.

19. - Top - End - #1039

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks for the xp! Also, I dont think you said if the Lurker was worth anything.

Ishmael curses his luck as both his leads are unavailable. He considers his next steps and decides to do a two fold investigation. Using the hat to appear as scruffy looking brutish thug he asks around for the Toe trying to find info on him or his thug group. Where they hang out, where they live, how he can meet them etc.

Gather info (1d20+12)[22] - hours (1d4+1)[4]
    Gather info (1d20+12)[28] - hours (1d4+1)[4]

Generally this time Ishmael is a bit more obvious. He doesnt disappear after asking questions and makes his intentions known as a thug looking for a steady job. He includes a few beggars in his quest for information and also a whore or two. He visits shadier areas of the city where he has heard the Jacks are stronger.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-05-27 at 12:06 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    he's 200 of the 250 xp you got.

On the Toe, you don't manage to hear anything new about the Toe. You do find out that his thugs often hang out at a tavern called the Durbin Dervish in Old Town.

21. - Top - End - #1041

Having gotten the info he wanted Ishmael follows the routine of hiding and unhiding to ensure he is not pursued or followed and subsequently heads for the Durbin Dervish.

While in the shadows around the place he changes his appearance to a generic human on but built stronger and tougher than he actually looks.

He does a general short sweep of the area to familiarise himself with it and eventually enters the tavern.

Spoiler
    Show

Brief knowledge local for Old Town : (1d20+14)[32] What do I know about the area?

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Old Town was where the town originally started, before it became the capital of the kingdom. Many historic buildings are in this area, but most of the district is given over to residences and shops too small to compete in the merchant's quarter.

Inside the Durbin Dervish, a crowd of rough, dirty men are sitting around tables drinking ales. There are a dozen tables in the tavern, and all of them have at least two patrons, and two of them are at max capacity with six. Except for the two in corners of the room, each table is raucous and, if not exactly cheery, energetic. The two in the corners are shadowy and the figures sitting about them are hooded.

Spoiler
    Show
    just like in the Sad Flint, shadowy figures sitting in corners is the trope around in these parts.

23. - Top - End - #1043

Ishmael approaches the bar and orders a large beer or whatever most of the patrons seem to be having exchanging as few words as possible. He has the outlook of a bruiser down on his luck.

After he takes the first couple of sips only then does he turn to look around at the crowd pretending instead to looking at any semi-decent looking waitress and above.

He then tries to discern if there is anything interesting going in the corners from the conversations he hears around him but most importantly to spot the men he is looking for.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

The ale is one silver, and not rather strong at that. The barmaids that weave through the crowd seem to be rather skilled at avoiding the "attentions" that such crowds often try to bestow on comely young women.

At one of the tables of six, you recognize one of the men from the night before.

The conversations at the tables around you seem mostly to consist of men bragging about glory days.

25. - Top - End - #1045

Ishmael is rather content for having spotted his target of choice for tonight. He spends a few silver on just enough drink to not make him look like an outsider but enough to not make him drunk.

He pays equal attention to the women and the going ons around him until he eventually manages to get a moment with the bartender when the man is not as busy as always.

"Pardon me friend. I am kind of down on my luck and looking for any opportunities that could go my way... would you be able to point any patrons of yours with whom I could possibly talk?" he says in a friendly hopeful tone.

Spoiler
    Show

approx. how many people live in Adhaven? is it a Waterdeep style city? As in the largest in the realm and more than 1M people?

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    uh, I'll have to get with Riz on that. Not sure exactly. I know the approximate size of the city, but we're gonna have to discuss it before I promise anything.

"This ain't the Flint or the Royal Galleon. These men here are here to drink ale and forget their troubles for a time. If none of them are friends of yours, I'd recommend staying to your own business. If you start a bar fight, I'll personally haul you in front of the magistrate to pay for the damages."

27. - Top - End - #1047

Spoiler
    Show

No worries. In general I was wondering if I could get some basic info on the city like what are the various districts and their reputation (Like for example I learned the docks are a bad place far too late) etc.

So far I am very amazed you have so much stuff already covered like locations, npcs, plots, stories etc!

Ishmael is taken aback but nods to the man.

"I dont mean no trouble mister. No harm to ask right? Anyway dont worry about me. I wont bother anyone you can be sure. Fill me up one last time and I will head out after I'm done, to get out of your feet" he says somewhat subdued.

Once he finishes his drink, and if nothing has changed with his quary, he slowly gets up and exits the tavern now that he knows his target is here. He finds a nice comfortable patch of shadow to hide in and waits for the time when the man leaves the place.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

An hour later and quite visibly drunk, the man leaves, staggering with four of the men around his table. The sixth one had left previously with another group.

29. - Top - End - #1049

Ishmael follows the group but essentially focuses on the man he really cares for.

He also keeps his eyes open for the Toe or any of the other thugs.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide: (1d20+39)[49]
    MS: (1d20+23)[40]

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

The five of them head back to a house in Old Town where they all enter. You overhear one of them saying "Gotta get some shuteye before the Hand needs me."