New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1528

Thread: AvB - Ishmael

1. - Top - End - #1231
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Ishmael

Unsure whats real and whats not Ishmael keeps his eyes closed for one more moment trying to make sense of it all. The presence of the entity staring at him still present he fears that despite Torgon's voice if he were to open his eyes he would see it again.

Eventually he managed to scrounge the morsels of courage that are left in him and he opens one eye and then then second and looks around.

"Er" he says and tries to find the words "...that was... well... interesting." he says and looks around to see if he is still in the chamber or perhaps he has been taken elsewhere.

"How long was I out for?" he asks still groggy "... oh and whats next?" he adds.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground

In fact, you haven't moved an inch from where you first fell into your trance.

"The Dark One must have found you quite interesting. You were out for nearly two hours. Normally, the poor sod has to face that glare for all of about five minutes. However, no matter how long it takes, the ritual cannot be interrupted."

"The One who was Watched has awoken. Let him retrieve the blade, newly blessed with the Dark One's will."

The basin of blood has quieted down, and the odd glow is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #1233

Ishmael blinks a few times upon hearing this and wonders what a dark entity would want from him. Perhaps this new Dark God and Kelemvor were fighting or simply haggling over his soul.

Frowning for a moment he puts the thought away from his mind and lowers his head in reverence towards the basin and the black robes though he does not really feel that good after the long meeting with the Dark One.

With steady hands he retrieves the chain and gives it an experimental swirl for a moment.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Titan in the Playground

as he sticks his hand in the basin, the blood recedes, and is seemingly absorbed into the chain.

Upon taking a few experimental swings, Ishmael doesn't notice anything different about it.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #1235

Ishmael shrugs and focuses for a moment. As he does so the chain seems to shrink and take the form of a short sword. He then places it in the special holster around his waist as if wearing it in a sheath or scabbard.

"Thank you"
    he says simply to the black cloaks and turns to face the Chief and the grand daughter to see if something more is expected of him by them.

If there seems to be nothing more to be done he turns back to Torgon.

"So... how shall I operate? Do I need to run errands for the tribe or may I continue my nightly existence and report often to your cousin and father or perhaps a particular pack of skulks?"

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm sure my cousin has already told you what you can do best for the clan. Keep in touch, and keep doing a good job. Stop by the Docks at night every once in a while, it's good to see you without having to spy on you."

7. - Top - End - #1237

Ishmael nods once again and bows for real. He is unsure if its necessary but he feels like it.

"It may not be something usual for you or even something worth mentioning but I appreciate all you have done for me. I have not suffered as much as many of you because my abilities and limited magic gifts I was offered from since I was a child have cloaked me from the mistrust of dominari and other races but still I was always fearful of being discovered and was made to think I was somehow tainted and it was my fault." he said and paused.

"I thank you all truly for allowing me to be part of the clan and taking me in. I shall strive to improve the conditions for us and to bring terror to our enemies." he concluded managing to keep his voice from breaking as emotions welled up.

As the ceremony was concluded he nodded to Torgon a fare-well like gesture before turning towards one of the black robes.

"I was told that for the right price, of life or coin, I may be able to ask for further blessings and enchantments?"
    he said. "If that is so could you direct me to the suitable individual I should find and talk with?"

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Titan in the Playground

"Any within the order can facilitate such a request. Come with the payment in hand, and you shall receive it."

9. - Top - End - #1239

"I am unsure what the payment should be. I know I would be interested in two things... if there would be a way to enchant my chain so that on command it can project an effect of silence around it to allow me to better suprise my foes and also make enemy spellcasters fall silent when they try to harm me. It could perhaps be an effect which I command to start working or one that works when I strike them" he says and pauses to hear the Blackcloaks answers.

"Additionally I believe that sooner or later I will meet someone that will the ability to manipulate me. As such I was wondering if you are able to somehow enchant my armor to protect my thoughts and individuality..."

Having received his answers from a cost perspective Ishmael departs and returns to his home for a full night of rest. He does so as carefully as always. He takes no chances even though he knows the skulks might no longer follow him. He hides at diffrent places. Changes his appearance, back tracks and re-circles around places with some light to see if he is being pursued and switches speeds from time to time.

When he arrives at his house, he checks the door thoroughly before entering and then checks the room. He has not spent a full night here in almost a week and he does not trust that its not been tampered with. If he is certain everything is in order, he closes the door and locks it, place the usual chair behind it and the glass on the knob and then goes to sleep in the gathered blankets under the bed while making the pillows seem to as if someone is sleeping in it.

Ah... finally, good old paranoia mixed with a feeling of success he thinks as he closes his eyes.

Spoiler
    Show

I am asking for enchants considering that skulks may offer discounts to me or have similar cost-reducing abilities as Hagan. If thats not the case then its goot to know on an OOC perspective. Also I know he is not a fan of enchanting weapons so...

The armor ability is from MiC and its called mind-armor. It gives +5 on will saves vs mind affecting stuff 3/day and costs 3000 gold. Its a cost enchantment rather than a +1/+2 etc. I was also wondering what the cost would be for 2/day and 1/day?

The silencing is not something I have seen in a book but I had read in the forums at some point. It was also a cost enchantment (as opposed to +1 etc) and could either be command word activated (as in standard action) in which case it had the effects of silence (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/silence.htm) for something like 2-3 minutes and 2-3/day or it was swift action activated and essentially bestowed silence on the target of an attack (provided the attack hit) for 1-2 minutes again 2-3/day. Could you give me an idea of the cost of such options?

PS> I am turning in for the night... got a really early morning tomorrow and its already 2am... see you at like 6am :D 4 hours of sleep should be enough!

Cool scene with the skulks! I really love how things are turning out!!!

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

Things are as he left them.

Spoiler
    Show
    in essence, you get discounts per person brought in, although the specific nature of the discount is PLOT based.

if you can find the enchantment in a legal source, the skulks can do it.

11. - Top - End - #1241

Ishmael wakes up for the first time in many days without jumping up to defend himself in case he was woken up by a sound or other. He streches and eats a healthy amount of food before sitting before the desk in the edge of the room. He puts on a simple human disguise and changes clothes, writes a letter and then remembers to discard the things he had on while in the sewers. Before he exits his door he peaks through the little door eye and walks o
    ut.

Despite his overall relaxed feeling the moment he is out the door he becomes alert again. He goes out and almost instantly hides and starts moving around to shake any pursuers and using the hat to improve his mundane disguise.

A new day for Ishmael of the Shadow Spider clan. Full of worry, paranoia and hopefully some success.

First up he heads over to the street urchin that he keeps on retainer in the plaza. He notes the empty cart of Hagan and the sign before motioning to the kid to follow. He gives him a letter and instructions to deliver to the usual tiefling and wait for an answer.

That done he passes by the bank.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    what's in that letter? I'm not sure what sort of response to give as you wrote things.

Ishmael is at the bank, ready to do bank stuff. Bank people inside are ready to do bank things with him.

13. - Top - End - #1243

Spoiler
    Show
    I knew I forgot something!

The letter says:

"Dearest. As you will have certainly noticed I have been scarce the past few days. This has by no means anything to do with you. I am still very interested to my special lady. My duties and profession require me to stay hidden and lay low for a few more days. Additionally as I am involved with some dangerous individuals I would not like to get you involved in any way should I am followed or monitored. Please leave a message with the kid. His loyalty is bought so I dont expect much for him but the basic that money can buy. I miss our talks and your sweet company. I shall write you again soon. With adoration, I."

Ishmael does not go straight in. He watches the place for some time from outside trying to see if there is anyone else checking out the place, any weird beggars or even someone he recognises.

Only if he is sure no such individuals does he approach after using a more appropriate look for his outfit to match that of the clientele via Hat. Once inside he tries to see how things move, if the target is there, if there is security of any kind and generally how things work and if if would be able to hide without raising an alarm perhaps by entering a bathroom or a particular patchy/shadowy corner.

14. - Top - End - #1244

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    in essence, you get discounts per person brought in, although the specific nature of the discount is PLOT based.

if you can find the enchantment in a legal source, the skulks can do it.

Spoiler
    Show

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203131

Its a "legal" source in the sense of an effect using the custom magic item rules. I can check with Rizban (in his essence as DM I mean cause you had told me he is better at the number crunching stuff :D) if that indeed works that way... overall I guess though that it is doable as the guy tells me there...

The important question (and one that he is also unsure of) is if you can "center" it on an individual as opposed to it being centered on you and if its a standard action, a swift action or if it is possible to be on a "when hitting action".

I like the Discount is Plot... it actually makes me worried Plans... it means it could be a terrible price I pay later on :)

Also is it like a tiered discount from some online sellers?

1 - 5 humans : 5% discount
    5-20 humans : 10% discount
    20-50 humans: 25% discount
    50+ : Great Presents and Gifts! Join Today!

:D

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-14 at 05:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    get Riz to approve it.

ah, and NOW I remember this bank. Sorry. It's been a while since you investigated it, and I've had 2 tests since then. In addition to a four-way teamup thread evolved since then.

All the beggars seem to be genuinely seeking alms and not spies for the Jacks. He recognizes no one.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Relaxed that the Jacks appear not to have constant spies on the place he does indeed walk inside and wait in the queue. He looks around trying to see how things move, if the target (the banker) is there, if there is security of any kind and generally how things work and if if would be able to hide without raising an alarm perhaps by entering a bathroom or a particular patchy/shadowy corner.

Spoiler
    Show

No worries :D.

I hope the exams went well!

4-way team up? That sounds dangerous and potentially disruptive! Kill them, kill them with fire. I hope they are not trying to destroy the Skulks :D

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

The lobby has several desks in it where attendants are taking care of business for people. The banker does not appear to be in sight, and you do not see any guards.

18. - Top - End - #1248

After familiarizing himself with the layout of the bank and after seeing if there are any doors that lead perhaps to another room or upstairs Ishmael approaches a clerk and looks at her somewhat annoyed and using his natural Brunsgrove accent.

"Good morning Madam. I am here to see Mr Erik von Darkmoor? Is he in? I am in town for business and I have been forced to prolong my trip to your... fair city..." he says but the tone of his voice is almost like calling it a dirt-hole "... as the bank has been annoyingly closed for two days? Its becoming rather bothersome and I need to get it over with..." he continues and looks at her impatiently.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Titan in the Playground

"Very sorry about the delay. The owner, Mr. Darkmoor came down with the flux and was in no position to see anyone before today. If you will please tell me your name and the nature of your appointment, I will be sure that he sees you at the earliest possibility."

20. - Top - End - #1250

Ishmael seemed incredibly annoyed to be talked back rather than annoyed.

"I dont think you understand _ madam _ " he said with a form of righteous indignation."Do you not KNOW who I am?" he asked as if it was obvious "I came to the city for the symposium and had to prolong my stay just to see him. I had to cancel my carriage reservations to Brunsgrove. I heard rumors about mr. Darkmoor being somehow connected with the underworld rather than some kind of flu. I am here to negotiate an agreement for my companies funds and our enterprises in the city. Mr. Darkmoor will see me now and if he has a meeting currently then I shall head accross the street to (Insert a caffee or restaurant on this road that is bound to exist in this good neighbourhood?) and he can meet me there for a business dinner. Alternatively, you can tell him that YOU personally and Your rude manners caused me to go to (insert info from Knowledge Local)." he said sternly, with a loud tone but not really yelling but evidently really trying not to raise his voice even more.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge Local: (1d20+14)[15] to know a rival bank to this one and even better if there is a personal rival to Darkmoor owning it. Not rival in the sense they want to kill each other but rather business rivals.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    that'll be a bluff check. Let it slide for a bit, but that's a BLUFF check.

22. - Top - End - #1252

Spoiler
    Show

Yes yes, cant say I was not expecting the bluff check :) I was just trying to stack some positive modifiers for it! No harm in that!

(1d20+6)[17]

23. - Top - End - #1253

Spoiler
    Show

I just realised I also had not done a knowledge local on this guy! Retroactively

(1d20+14)[31]

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Erik von Darkmoor is the bastard son of Baron von Darkmoor. Never formally recognized, neither did his father deny it. Thus, he has no noble privileges, but he is allowed to carry the name von Darkmoor. Other than that and a minor addiction to gambling he has recently overcome, nothing of note can be said about him. His banking is successful, but not extraordinary.

She seems to believe your bluff but is not convinced that you won't be able to wait.

"If you will give me your name, I will be sure to have you scheduled as early as possible, but interrupting one customer to allow another to see him an hour sooner just won't do. If you cannot handle waiting an hour and a half, you may go see if Jones et al down the street will interrupt other customers to give you special consideration."

25. - Top - End - #1255

Spoiler
    Show

Oh nice... a gambling addict!

Ishmael frowns and his face becomes a bit more red, with the help of his natural abilities, as if furious for being talked back.

"This is outrageous young Lady! But very well. I shall wait if not to do business with him to tell him my opinion about some of his stuff!" he exclaimed but lowering his tone to avoid making a scene.

"The name is Ebonfire. Marcus Ebonfire, Master first class!" he said as if it was supposed to have been something obvious. "I shall wait right here and _let_ you do your job but if the hour and a half passes and I do not have my appointment then believe my dear there WILL be a reckoning."
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-15 at 09:42 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    bluff check for the name.

27. - Top - End - #1257

Spoiler
    Show

Heh did I accidentally use the name of the Lord Mayor or something ? :D

Bluff: (1d20+6)[20]

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes sir."

She books you for an appointment.

An hour and a half later of waiting, your "name" is called.

29. - Top - End - #1259

Ishmael, or rather Marcus, walks up confidently looking somewhat calmer than before. He stops by the woman and nods.

"Thank you madam" as he waits to be taken to wherever the meeting will be.

Spoiler
    Show

Note: I took a skill trick on the level up. Its for disguise allowing you to "do" a quick for a character that makes other NOT get a benefit if they actually personally know the person. It doesnt work here I guess as this is an imaginary persona but I wanted to mention it since the opportunity came up.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    good idea to inform me.

You are taken to a back office where a man in a business suit of above-average build is sitting. "So, Mr. 'Ebonfire'. Have a seat please." He says as the secretary leaves.