Thread: AvB - Ishmael

1. - Top - End - #1351
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Ishmael

Spoiler
    Show

Does drinking a potion generate an AoO?

If yes I take it.

If not I get to use the ring you gave me!

Ishmael smiles. These Jacks were so incredibly annoying he was becoming furious. This man did not show any flare for life or even theatricality and yet he operated like a villain of some kind of novel for the lonely noble lady.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for doing options its just that I am doing it to get more posts done depending on the info I have.

If I can do AoO as he drinks activating caustic effect

(1d20+13)[22] crit confirm (1d20+13)[22]
    damage (2d4+9)[15] - crit damage (2d4+9)[12]
    bane (2d6)[4]
    caustic (2d6)[10]

If I cant do AoO

5 foot step forward and use the ring of stormfire 10 feet in front of me (or if he ran away after disappearing to where I last heard him its an AoE effect so cant miss).

The effect is that on a 5 foot burst everything is covered by faerie fire (negating invisibility) and dealing (1d6)[4] damage!

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    it does, but he took a 5' step back, out of your reach assuming you hit him with your weapon as soon as you could and didn't wait to engage within 5 feet.

Your faerie fire effect hits him, deals damage, and negates his invisibility.

"Wow, you're annoying." he says and throws a bag at you whose contents spread out into strands of a sticky substance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    reflex save

he takes another step backwards after that.

The smoke from the fire behind you is beginning to build up, and is getting quite thick.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #1353

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex: (1d20+14)[32]

I hope its not a tanglefoot bag those are broken and soooo annoying! Even if you succeed they somehow screw with you!

Also I assume thats a round so (1d6)[5] damage from the faerie fire.

My turn? :D

Ishmael curses, loudly. He fears it may be too late for the man in the room but he will still try to get to him after he has finished this bastard. The sister should be more or less okay if this finishes quickly.

"You are leaving this place dead or bound. This I promise you." he says menacingly.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

You avoid being glued to the floor, but you move at half speed for (2d4)[5] rounds.

he ignores you and leaves as swiftly as possible. He makes it to the bottom of the stairs.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #1355

Spoiler
    Show

can I charge him? my speed is 20ft now so 40 on a charge.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    not down the stairs. Stairs are uneven terrain.

unless you make a jump check to clear the stairs and make a leaping attack.

that, though, would likely leave you prone sine you're untrained in such techniques. And you'll take falling damage for the height of the stairs.

7. - Top - End - #1357

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, going another direction then...

Ishmael considers running after the man to finish him off. The sticky substance, the gathering smoke, the annoying style of the man as well as the fact that he will have to jump down a flight of stairs deter him.

He closes his mind for one second and when he opens they are flaming with raw magical energy. He points his finger at the man and... shoots a brilliant beam.

Spoiler
    Show

First of all this rounds faerie fire (1d6)[6]

Secondly firing a spellfire ray spending 6 levels of magic. Ranged touch attack (1d20+10)[11] crit confirm (1d20+10)[26]
    Damage (6d6)[19] crit damage (6d6)[18]

I dont suppose its a sneak since he is running? in case it is (4d6)[16]

Hopefully that puts him down!

If not and he runs away I wont chase him anymore so here is the remaining faerie fire (2d6)[6]

Edit: The diceroller takes a revenge on my nat 20s with a nat 1 on a ray touch... well at least he suffers 12 points from the faerie fire... perhaps it drops him unconsious since he was in a bad shape already!

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-22 at 03:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

At the bottom of the steps, the faeri fire is enough to knock him out, where he slowly is dying of his wounds. Then the second round hits him and it appears that he's likely to die in the next 20 seconds.

9. - Top - End - #1359

Ishmael smiles content. There are two plausible scenarios in his mind. The man will die or his wounds will not bleed out and he will be apprehended by the City Watch. Either is good for him. There is in fact the possibility that the hotel keeper will try to revive him but hopefully that is very small and in any case Ishmael has gotten his satisfaction.

Refocusing on the task at hand he runs back towards the girl that was left outside the room and tries to carry her onto his back and also looks for the body of the other brother which may be on fire but hopefully not dead yet since most of the damage he had suffered was subdual.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for the anti-climatic leaving the guy to his fate but on one hand I want to search him for loot but on the other I dont want to waste more time. He really annoyed Ishmael but he will let fate decide what will happen to him.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

you find that both your victims appear to be relatively unharmed by the flames, which seem to have been rather slow in spreading this fast.

11. - Top - End - #1361

Ishmael uses an extra pair of clothes as a makeshift blanket to protect them from the flames and lifts or drags them to the window. He ties them with the rope and lowers to the ground perhaps even dropping them for the last feet. He then also proceeds to climb down and drags them to a shadowy corner.

[spoiler] I have lift 260 pounds. If the girl is 100 and the guy 160 I can do it. Otherwise I drag them since I can drag 650 :-) .

I assume 2nd floor is roughly 30 feet so 3d6 damage and even less so if I lower them. I jump the last ten and use tumble to avoid any damage!

[spoiler]

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

from the window, second story is a 13 foot drop. falling damage - (d6)[3] you can't quite manage to lift both at once, but dragging them to the window is simple.

13. - Top - End - #1363

Ishmael drags the two to the window and then quickly uses the rope as a noose passing it from their hands more to reduce the chance they break something rather than to protect them or secure them.

After he lowers them he also jumps down trying roll with it and land on his feet next to them.

Spoiler
    Show

Practically the above is because the 1d6falling per 10 feet is in my opinion when someone is conscious and actively trying not to land on his ankle or wrist or neck... So I try to make sure that by using the rope they fall in such a way to only take the 3 damage. If that would not be an issue (them being unconscious) I just toss them out! Its just that I somehow feel tossing someone out a 2nd story window would normally have bad consequences for them...

As for Ishmael - Tumble (1d20+12)[23] to avoid taking damage.

Without wasting time after that he drags them quickly to an alley looking for an entrance to the sewers, he opens it and lowers them inside.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

He is now in the sewers. It smells bad.

15. - Top - End - #1365

Ishmael secures the two prisoners using silk rope on the girl and his normal manacles on the man while also blind folding them and removing any tool belts and knives or weapons they may have. They should be pretty wounded already and not about to wake up especially after the fall but he wants to be sure. He also uses a chalk to write in under-common above their heads as he puts them there.

Spoiler
    Show

use rope on the girl (1d20+9)[13]

"Property of I.Q. will be back in a moment. Do not kill or take" just to be on the safe side and then goes out of the sewers and towards the hotel closing the manhole behind him.

He uses the hat to take the form of a City Watchman that he has seen around Old Town during his visit and after checking to see if there is any commotion and more importantly watchmen and he runs to the entrance.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-23 at 01:12 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

Scarletta had very little on when you assaulted her, having barely had time to dress herself before you beat her unconscious.

Tim has two clubs and a dagger hidden on him, and he does have a set of thieves' tools of average quality. Checking his money purse, he had 34 gold and 12 silver in it.

17. - Top - End - #1367

After removing the few things they have on them and changing his appearance Ishmael heads towards the hotel, after closing the sewer cap again, and takes a look before approaching closer. With some luck no real watchmen will have arrived on the scene as it is night and the whole affair did not take more than a couple of minutes.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    wait... does that mean you strip them? Scarletta had nothing but the clothes on her back, and not much of those...

In fact, the city watch has not made their appearance yet. Local citizens are beginning to gather and form a fire line to prevent it from spreading.

19. - Top - End - #1369

Spoiler
    Show

Nop removing weapons and stuff like that but not taking their clothes off!

Ishmael looks at the entrance to see if perhaps the owner and more importantly the Tom is somewhere outside either conscious or unconscious.

If not and if it seems that the flames have not reached a point where he would risk burning to death in the next couple of minutes he rushes inside, still looking like a watchman, and tries to find the either dead or unconscious Jack.

20. - Top - End - #1370

Spoiler
    Show

Nop removing weapons and stuff like that but not taking their clothes off!

Ishmael looks at the entrance to see if perhaps the owner and more importantly Tom is somewhere outside either conscious or unconscious.

If not and if it seems that the flames have not reached a point where he would risk burning to death in the next couple of minutes, he rushes inside, still looking like a watchman, and tries to find the either dead or unconscious Jack.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

He's pretty sure that he sees Tom disappear into the crowd for a moment.

When, a short time later, he sees Tom right in the middle of the bucket line, his suspicions are concerned.

22. - Top - End - #1372

Ishmael's eyes widen. That un-dieing bastard! He stops himself from charging forward and instead uses the hat to alter his appearance to a simple, common face among the crows and joins the line towards the back.

His main target though is the Jack and he watches him to see when he leaves. He also tries to judge if he has been somehow healed or if he is still in a bad shape.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

He still looks like he'd fall over and die if you blew on him hard enough. He seems to be intent of helping to put out teh fire he caused.

24. - Top - End - #1374

What a productive and helpful member of the community Ishmael thought viciously. Still Ishmael also helped as much as he could do though not out of a fake sense of responsibility, he had already tried once to stop the fire and stop it from starting, but hoping it wouldnt spread around to those that were not to blame.

He does indeed help and also keeps an eye at Tom, he wonders if the man will run when the Watch comes as the Jacks are actively wanted men and women.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed, as the watch comes over to investigate, he begs a short break from another person helping and starts to wander off away from the flames.

26. - Top - End - #1376

Ishmael does a similar thing. He pretends to have a cramp on his left hand and moves to the side while patting a few people on the back telling them to keep up the good work.

He moves out of sight of the crowd and hides turning around to follow the Jack.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide (1d20+39)[40]
    MS (1d20+23)[43]

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

Tom heads over to a warehouse nearby that seems to be full of crates of oranges and heads inside, being careful to shut the door immediately behind himself. You hear a click as it locks.

28. - Top - End - #1378

Ishmael approaches and looks around making sure the area is quiet and that noone is watching.

He approaches the door, puts some oil on the lock and hinges and raises his finger with the other ring.

Spoiler
    Show

Does -knock- spell make a physical sound other than the click of the lock?

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-24 at 02:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    the verbal component of the spell

also, 350 xp for taking down 2/3 of the siblings.

his finger is raised.

30. - Top - End - #1380

Spoiler
    Show

Well practically I defeated this guy as well... its just I left fate decide if he lives or dies... but dont worry. I will get him yet.

Ishmael whispers the command word as quietly as possible and then approaches the door and opens it as little as possible. The benefit of using the ring and generally being more quiet than if he had use his tools is that hopefully he wont be expected as soon.

The moment he is inside he takes in the details and hides in the shadows of the crates and starts looking for the errant brother. Hopefully, thinks Ishmael, his need for use of light will betray his position to the skulk.