New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1528

Thread: AvB - Ishmael

1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Ishmael

Inside the warehouse, not a single light is turned on. Large stacks of crates labeled to contain oranges fill the warehouse, with small alleys between large groupings of crates. He can just make out whispers ahead of him and to the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ishmael approaches to that direction careful not to end up trapped or surrounded as he suspects the possibility for a trap.

He tries to be as quiet as possible and as hidden as possible. Perhaps leaving the man alive may lead him to yet more Jacks he considers with a worried smile.

Spoiler
    Show

hide (1d20+39)[49]
    ms (1d20+23)[24]

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

Tom and an elf are whispering to each other at the end of one of the alleys. As you approach, the elf says, "Are you sure you weren't followed?"

"Of course."

"Then why is it that i hear the sound of leather boots on wood coming from the entrance to this alley? You've picked up a rat."

"Well, that's terrible, Ear. I bet it's the meddlesome brute who boned Scarletta than stabbed her."

"Is this a matter for the Jacks or is this personal?"

"Dunno. I'm betting Scary knows, but he likely abducted her after he left me for dead. The brute cost me a month of Tim's salary with the contingent spell I had to use. Now I'm going to have to get another one."

"A pity."

Ear turns your direction but does not seem to know exactly where you are. "Little skulk-thief, leave now. The plunder of stolen oranges is not worth your life."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #1384

Spoiler
    Show

Typical! I end up at something important and I roll a 1 again! Ggrrr...

Hmmm if this guy is the Ear... and the Ear is equivalent power level to the Nose I would indeed be best off not fighting him but my pride doesn't let me leave this bastard alive...

Plus getting the ear might be an amazing kill if I manage it. Or it might kill me... if only this happened after I got all my new items from Hagan it would be soo cool.

Ishmael finds himself torn again. If only more skulks where here things would be easier. He wonders if the Ear, being a head part, is as good and as tough as the Nose.

Additionally it seems from the discussion that the real target of value is nor Scarletta nor the other brother but rather this guy.

He has an idea to simply attack both of them with one more Faerie fire attack. It will not allow them to hide and it may kill Tom and simply inconvenience the ear but still its risky.

Ishmael moves away making very little noise on purpose, draws a thunderstone from one of his many pouches and backtracks a few seconds later choosing another hiding spot and trying to be more quiet this time.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide (1d20+39)[56]
    MS (1d20+23)[28]

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-24 at 04:05 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1385

Spoiler
    Show

Typical! I end up at something important and I roll a 1 again! Ggrrr...

Hmmm if this guy is the Ear... and the Ear is equivalent power level to the Nose I would indeed be best off not fighting him but my pride doesn't let me leave this bastard alive...

Plus getting the ear might be an amazing kill if I manage it. Or it might kill me... if only this happened after I got all my new items from Hagan it would be soo cool.

Ishmael finds himself torn again. If only more skulks where here things would be easier. He wonders if the Ear, being a head part, is as good and as tough as the Nose.

Additionally it seems from the discussion that the real target of value is nor Scarletta nor the other brother but rather this guy.

He has an idea to simply attack both of them with one more Faerie fire attack. It will not allow them to hide and it may kill Tom and simply inconvenience the ear but still its risky.

Ishmael moves away making very little noise on purpose, draws a thunderstone from one of his many pouches and backtracks a few seconds later choosing another hiding spot and trying to be more quiet this time.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide (1d20+39)[47]
    MS (1d20+23)[26]

6. - Top - End - #1386

Spoiler
    Show

Got a Service unavailable message and then reposted on refresh. I am leaving both posts so you see what I mean and not get 2 messages on your email about it and wonder what happened.

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-24 at 04:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Unlike last time, the third person is an enemy of yours, not an ally. One that is quite clever. And the Ear is about as strong, but has a bow.

RUN!

The loud noise definitely diverts their attention.

"It seems that the mouse is roaring and you're about as healthy as withered grass right now. I need a good leiutenant more than it would inconvenience me to kill a rat." He hands Tom a potion. "Drink this while I catch a rat."

He un-slings a bow you could have sworn was not there before he reached for it.

8. - Top - End - #1388

Spoiler
    Show

See my paranoia now has a voice!

Ishmael curses and swallows his pride. He could take one pot-shot against Tom just to finish this and then leave the scene.

Then it strikes him. If this guy is the Ear and after the recent attack on the Nose perhaps he is not alone. And the fact that he discovered the other skulk and became initiated means he is probably alone.

He turns around trying to see if someone is lurking around him and his mind races even more. He easily destroyed the ability of Tom to hide with a single spell he had in a ring. His own ability could be similarly ruined and let him visible to all.

Ishmael backs away from the scene and vows to return for Tom sooner rather than later. He finds a good spot to jump from shadow to shadow and starts moving out as fast as he can. He expects the door may be locked so he also has a look for windows and the like.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide (1d20+39)[49]
    MS (1d20+23)[42]

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

The Ear walks along after you slowly, listening for sounds.

You find that the door is locked, but there is a glass window nearby that seems as if it could be broken open rather easily.

10. - Top - End - #1390

Considering for a moment that it could be a trap to lead him there Ishmael decides there are few other choices.

Having seen the Ear listening for him even though he does his best he decides to create a distraction and perhaps even make the man pause.

Ishmael throws the thunderstone anywhere within 10 feet of the Ear and at the same time swings his chain to break the window and then tries to get out.

Spoiler
    Show

Thunderstone has 10 foot radius, dc 15 fortitude or go deaf for an hour, but it also does big noise generally which may cover the breaking window.

It needs an AC 5 attack roll to land where you want it (1d20+10)[24]

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

You cannot do both, that violates the whole two-handed weapon thing.

However, you do break the window as soon as you're done throwing the stone, and you notice his arrogant confidence seems to have left his face and he's looking around with absolute contempt on his face. "You stupid rat, I'll kill you slowly and serve you to the Mouth in pieces." He does not seem to hear you break the window, as his attention does not snap that direction.

12. - Top - End - #1392

Thumbs up Re: AvB - Ishmael

Ishmael grins pleased to have made the elf angered as that meant he would not be using reason but rather emotion. Something that as Ishmael had just seen was always wrong and could get you into serious trouble.

I am not safe yet. Perhaps whoever closed the door may be outside waiting for me he said and drew a smokestick, threw it out of the window and then jumped out using the smoke as cover to hide the moment he was out...

The Ear and Tim would have to wait before they met their fate he considered as he started running from shadow to shadow back to where the building had burned down.

Spoiler
    Show

hide (1d20+39)[57]
    ms (1d20+23)[43]

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

He sees a trio of thugs waiting outside the door. They however had not expected you to come through the window with a smokestick and you escape in the confusion rather handily.

By the time you get back to the building, the fire has been contained and is almost entirely put out.

14. - Top - End - #1394

Ishmael considers trying to alert the City Guard about the presence of Jacks near here but then decides against it. The men are likely to have left by the time the Watch arrives or even worse end up taking them all out.

He does a few circles to ensure he is not watched and then goes back down to the sewers where he had left his two captives.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

He finds that his note has had an addendum tacked on: "Fine, but you owe us."

16. - Top - End - #1396

Ishmael is fairly surprised at this. Either the sewers were incredibly well patrolled by his kinsmen or he had been fairly unlucky today and they found the bodies anyway.

Owing something however vague to skulks he did not know was not a pleasant thought but he ignored it for now and decided to try and see if the other skulk that had passed from here was trying to bluff him. As such he took his chalk and wrote.

"Pull the other one, it has bells on".

He relaxed a little, and started dragging the two bodies a bit further away from the sewer entrance so as to put some way between himself and the area though he doubted that his assailants had pegged him as a skulk.

After going some way away, and choosing an area he could defend and also a place that had no manhole near it so the sound would not transmit to the surface Ishmael approached the girl and placed the even better pair of handcuffs on her wrists not trusting just the rope and having ended up not using them on the third Jack.

After that he threw some water in her face trying to get her back to consciousness.

"So Scary... I bet that didnt work out as you had imagined..." he says with a smile.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

You find a sewer line that has been blocked off, creating an alleyway for you that only has one entrance. The nearest manhole is several hundred feet away.

She looks around, obviously frightened, but she gulps back her fear and says, "Honey, if wanted this kind of play, you only had to pay the extra 15. If you wanna share, though, I don't do family. Sorry, hon, even I have limits."

18. - Top - End - #1398

Ishmael admires her maintaining composure over pressure and he smiles sadly.

"The other one got away. Actually let me be more specific. He set the place on fire after he saw that you and your other brother had fallen unconsious NEXT to the fire. I chased him, almost killed him but then he wasted his contingency to get back up and run away. He did not even try to suprise me as I was carrying you two out of the building... he just left. Hell if my brothers ever did that my friends and family would have them crucified. Instead of that, the Ear just berated him for wasting the money spent on the spell and nothing more..." he said with a soft conversational tone telling the absolute truth.

"So I understand you being brave and all that but it wont help you here and nor will the combined might of your failed gang. What WILL happen if you keep wasting my time is that I will get tired or bored and leave you here. Perhaps first I will wake up your brother, offer him the opportunity to talk and if he does I will cut him loose and leave you for the skulks... if he doesnt... well lets just say that everyone's favored dockside gang will not believe their luck when they find not one but two alive Jacks almost wrapped as a present" he said still being serious, realistic and pragmatic.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

"You didn't notice, did you? We're tielfings, honey. A little scorching wasn't gonna kill us. If you hadn't mucked things up, he would have come back and gotten us. He probably also figures that you wouldn't have been merciful if you wanted to kill us right away, so thought you rescuing us saved him time to organize a rescue party. Unless you happen to be a skulk yourself, you're likely getting scried by Eye right now."

20. - Top - End - #1400

"Seriously woman. I am losing my patience. I took down all three of you single handedly. I dont need to be a skulk to deal with your friends silly cantrips about locating me. Also you really think that a large group of Jacks would venture in the sewers just for your sorry, though very beautiful, behind?" he said and approached her brother drawing a masterwork knife.

"Off course you are asking yourself, why would the skulks not get me? Well I have an agreement with them. I am safe just as long as I offer them the occasional body or generally do errands for them. This does not involve them though... its something I want to know... its a pet project of mine. You say because you are tieflings they wont care... well true... they wont take you for their experiments but do you really think you will walk out alive? As in they will have 2 Jacks in their door and ignore them? They will torture you on principle woman! And believe me I do find you appealing and would hate for that to happen..." he said still enjoying the banter.

"In any case. I am getting tired, the time is passing, places to go, people to kill. You said I was merciful and your brother used it against me. How amazing of him. My mercy is running out. I admire your faith in your friends, I admire your holding out but from now on, every few seconds that pass and you refuse to tell me what I have been asking for since after the lovely evening we spent together I will be stabbing your brother." he said no longer bluffing or joking around.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

She looks very concerned for poor Tim. "Okay, jeez, don't kill him. I'll talk. What do you want to hear?"

22. - Top - End - #1402

Spoiler
    Show

You had said you roll them but I should stress when I pay even more attention. So lets say I am extra careful of her and as such will be trying to figure out if anything/everything she says might be false/a lie etc.

Additionally the same goes for her statement about her actually caring about her brother.

Ishmael is not entirely convinced. He really did have to get those candles that forced people to tell the truth before doing these interrogations.

"I dont want you to tell me what I like to hear. I want you to tell me the truth. Cliche I know but please indulge me..." he said and stopped talking for a moment just to see if he could hear anything from the tunnels.

"Namely I need some information about the Jacks organization. Would be able to tell me where to find the... well the Foot I guess since I already know Gorvich the Toe but telling me where I can find him as well would be good since that bastard keeps pretending to be a beggar and I lose him all the time. I already know about the Nose and the Ear and the Dayman but the Eye is new to me... would you be able to give any info on him please?"

"Oh and also... well I assume there are -fingers- as well since I know there is a Hand but not sure about them so could you tell me if you know any and what you know about them? I am sure it would help me for my novel to have all the information." he said and smiled to her.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-27 at 09:24 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    it seemed like she feels that survival is worth the price of telling the truth for now.

"Tell you what, I'll let you give me an IOU for the 1000 gold and give the goods up front. The Foot runs the central operations of the aboveground organization. He reports to the Leg, who reports directly to the Dayman. There is also another foot and leg who serve the Nightman."

She looks at you rather surprised. "Wait, you met one of the Eye Twins? I thought they worked 'abroad.' Tom was supposed to report to the Ear tonight."

She shudders, and you're not sure if the suggestiveness of it is deliberate to try and get you off guard or an accident of habit. Either way, the caution in her voice seems most genuine. "The Fourteen Knuckles, Five Fingers, Hand, and Arm are the assassins of the Jacks, and no one knows much about them. It is said that the Arm doesn't even report to the Dayman or Nightman but only to the Upright Man himself. All I know of them is that I met Jimmy the Hand once. He's a charming and jovial fellow, but he killed one of the bashers for getting a spot of dirt on his cloak. Killed him with a toothpick."

24. - Top - End - #1404

"So far so good" replied Ishmael ignoring her question. In reality he only mentioned the Eye because she had mentioned he would be looking for them. He had learned alot about the Jacks but he did not know everything yet.

"So... the... lets say hand parts are a more... executive part of the organization. Pardon my pun" he said and smiled. He then paused considering that if the Eyes or anyone else could not locate him, they could perhaps locate those two. He had to speed things up.

"By the way, to make sure we dont waste time and your lives I can tell you whats going to happen here. After I am done talking to you I will place a blindfold over your eyes and something to stop you from talking and ask the same things from Tim. If his answer differ... well then lets just say that I will feel betrayed and the people that betray me dont live wrong... but I dont use toothpicks, they make things too quick." he said a bit more coldly.

"So, first stage, organisational matters is done. Can you tell me more details? Hideouts and the like I mean. I already know a couple of things but I dont mind getting suspicions confirmed. For example, who is your direct boss and where can I find him... as in where does he live or where does he hang out. And how does he look off course... I mean I saw Tom speaking with the Ear but I would expect that was a courtesy and not the standard no?" he said curious about her answer.

"And also... more details on Gorvich and the Foot... where do they hang out or live and who do they associate with? Any descriptions and info will go along way ensuring your freedom..." he finished.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, we are each of us toes, my brothers and I. We normally report to the Dayman's leg's foot. However, Tom has connections with the Heads so he occasionally gives them tidbits as well. They promise him that he'll be the next foot if Martin should die. As for hideouts, I assume you now know of the warehouse the Ear likes to use for his contacts. My brothers and I operate out of the hotel, and I know of two entrances to Auntie's. One is in a spa and the other uses the slave pens in the underground."

"Gorvich is the Nightman's leg's foot. I don't know exactly where they hang out, but I'm pretty sure it's in North Market."

26. - Top - End - #1406

Spoiler
    Show

Gorvich was a toe as far as I had learned... did I.you get it wrong or does she tell me something that contradicts my info?

Ishmael was kind of surprised to hear about a second entrance to Auntie's and more so since it involved some kind of slave pens. He nodded in appreciation of the information and he was also happy to confirm the spa as a location.

"So far so good. I take it this Martin you mentioned is the foot for the Dayman... where do you meet with him? Where is his headquarters?" he said almost satisfied with the information he had gotten.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

"He meets us in our hotel. He doesn't often have us meet him. His two favorite locations to do that are the spa over the entrance to Auntie's and the warehouse that Ear likes to visit."

28. - Top - End - #1408

Spoiler
    Show

Er sorry to point it out again but could you confirm the thing in my spoiler from above?

"Very well. Just give me physical descriptions and the lot and we are done." he said and rose to his feet.

Assuming the girl complied Ishmael lifted the brother up and motioned to her to get up and started herding her and carrying him towards a more central area of the city through the sewers.

He tries to get as close to a manhole near an area where he knows there to be a very strong city guard precinct.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    erm, oops. Gorvich was already the Toe, wasn't he? Then I guess I need a different name for the foot he reports to. Pick your favorite Russian dictator. :P

"Martin's a half-elf, has an angry red scar across his right cheek that looks painful, and he wears a red plumed hat."

Spoiler
    Show
    survival check to keep from getting lost and turned around int the sewers.

30. - Top - End - #1410

Spoiler
    Show

Lets go with Andropov... he was the head of the KGB for a significant period. Small name Yuri.

Survival check should be fun... if after a while I am unsure where we are I will take a look out of a manhole to confirm... essentially I dont need to reach the exact street. Just to get close. The one thing I -dont- want to get close to is the Nobles quarter and Old Town.

(1d20)[11]

Ishmael pauses a few times trying to navigate through the sewers. He really needed to spend some time familiarizing himself with these under streets just as he had done with the above world.

If he felt lost he stopped the girl, using the rope to make sure she didnt go anywhere, and then had a look out of a side street manhole to see where they were before continuing.