New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1528

Thread: AvB - Ishmael

1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Ishmael

He in fact does not get lost and makes his way to his destination.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Not thirty feet from your position, a half-drow opens a manhole and ushers six humans in chains down into the sewers. He seems to be searching for something on the ground.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ishmael quickly pulls back Scarletta in case she gets any funny ideas, hits her with the merciful blade to drop her unconscious and places her and her brother a bit further back approximately 150 feet from where the half-drow opened the man hole.

He then returns to the limit of his darkvision and hides waiting to see what the half-drow does as he observes him drawing his spiked chain. The fact that he is moving humans in the sewers seems incredibly suspicious and he considers the possibility that the half-drow is a skulk in disguise or an ally of the skulks but he doesn't want to risk another encounter today unless he really has to or if the half-drow discovers his prisoners.

To add more to the paranoia he considers Scarlettas words about the Eye watching for them and he also wonders that now he has seen an Elf and Tieflings he realises the Jacks dont only have humans. Perhaps this half-drow is a Jack trying to lure or trap skulks with his human cargo.

Spoiler
    Show

Do I recognize at all the area of the sewers we are in? Or perhaps from looking at the manhole he opened?

Hide: (1d20+39)[54]
    MS: (1d20+23)[25] for when he is still up and I am moving about. When I return to the monitoring position I dont generally move about :D

first round out of three of watching him.

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-29 at 12:15 AM.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    you do indeed know where you are. I am just too tired to figure out where that is.

gonna have to wait for the other pc before responding.

5. - Top - End - #1415

Spoiler
    Show

No worries. Get some rest! How did those exams go by the way?

Oh damn! Another PC?

Well... that throws out the Jack theory though I dont know it IC... I just hope we dont get into a fight... would hate to kill (or die... everything is possible) yet another PC... unless off course if they are also annoying you :D :D :D.

Could you give me an idea of what he looks like? Gear wise? Weapons, armor and what is glowing (as per magic) and also any info on the chained humans? Do they seem to be in good condition or beaten etc?

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-29 at 12:28 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

His weapons are concealed, and nothing on him is obviously magical.

All six of the slaves seem starved and near-death. One particular little boy has an obvious limp from where a bone was broken and not set properly.

7. - Top - End - #1417

Spoiler
    Show

Slavery is allowed in Aldhaven?

just to be on the safe side in case its needed knowledge local: (1d20+14)[19]

I mean if slavery is allowed... getting humans for the skulks should be easy... I am also just remembering that the Jack lady mentioned slave pens as a Jacks hideout leading to Aunties...

Ishmael frowned upon seeing the kid. Realising they were all slaves he considered realising the kid at least.

On the other hand if indeed this half-drow was bringing a bounty to the Skulks releasing the kid could have negative reprecussions for him. Similarly if the half-drow was a spy for the Jacks trying to bait the skulks then releasing the child would also alert the man to his presence.

Ishmael is also worried about the man not obviously carrying any weapons possibly meaning that he was also using a hat of disguise to alter his appearance and most importantly the appearance of his possessions.

Torn about if he should get involved or not Ishmael tried to estimate if he had enough time to jump forward, release the kid only and then hide again.

Spoiler
    Show

As mentioned in IC. Does it seem the person is searching for a long time? Enough for me to go to the kid, try to release it and move back?

I am talking about 4-5 rounds worth of actions essentially... and asking if I have that much time as he does his search up above.

1) Move to the kid
    2) Open locks
    3) Move back with the kid maximum distance and tell him to stay quiet or they guy will get him
    4) Return to my hiding spot.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    in fact, it is not. Very highly illegal. almost as bad as murder in their eyes.

unfortunately, to answer your IC and OOC questions, the other pc will have to post.

9. - Top - End - #1419

Spoiler
    Show

Yea it figure about slavery... I mean Aldhaven has the feel of a very progressed rennaisance kind of style and slavery was considered pretty bad in that era despite that it was occasionally happening...

There were off course serfs and indentured workers but slavery was generally seen as something barbaric.

Hmm this makes things tougher... I had not really thought how Ishmael would react to this but in general I think that skulks as a whole would dislike slavery in general even if done to humans cause it IS what Skulks as a race had faced!!!

Also about waiting for the other PC,

no worries... I guess I could just leave and avoid bothering but you said there was a kid there so it kind of stopped me on my tracks...

I just hope he is a fast poster like me and we dont take too long to resolve it :D

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Titan in the Playground

The half-drow does indeed appear to be spending his time searching thoroughly for tracks.

11. - Top - End - #1421

Ishmael approaches as stealthily as possible and tries to catch the attention of the boy slave. He immediately brings his finger to his mouth showing him that he has to be quiet and makes a motion as if he is opening a lock.

When the half-drow is as far away as possible and absorbed from his tracking he moves ahead with the plan.

He hopes that after everything they have been through the slaves will not react in a way that will alert the half-drow and betray his presence but in order to avoid this eventuality he does not break cover but rather try to still maintain a hiding position as he tries to open the lock that holds the boy in check. To make the other slaves relax IF they see him in the complete darkness of the sewers he makes a movement with his finger as if saying later.

If successful he grabs the boy and closes his mouth and sprints back while still hiding and sneaking.

If at any point during the process the slaves point him out or react negatively he aborts and returns to hiding rather than risk being spotted.

Spoiler
    Show

Okay so hide and ms for the approach
    (1d20+39)[41]
    (1d20+23)[29]

Open locks (1d20+20)[23]

And then moving away (making second rolls to keep it fair) (1d20+39)[50]
    and (1d20+23)[27].

I do a full run with the boy (he should be light enough to not inconvenience me since he is malnutrition ed etc) since it doesnt break my move silently and hide and it means I move back 160 feet.

Edit: In case he is tracking - my tracks just to remind you the trackless thing that the skulks have :D

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-06-30 at 12:13 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately, just as you grab the boy, he lets out an involuntary squeak and the half-drow turns around, spotting you with his chattel.

Spoiler
    Show
    what's your current appearance?

13. - Top - End - #1423

Spoiler
    Show

Average human, dressed in simple clothes and carrying a short sword (i.e. chain).

Does the boy squeak after I opened the lock or before?

Should I roll initiative?

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    when you grabbed him and picked him up to take him away.

initiative roll won't hurt but is only necessary depending on what the other pc does.

15. - Top - End - #1425

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, at least thats something! Silly kid but I understand how he feels!

I am rolling initiative in case it will be needed (1d20+6)[18]

My plan is to runaway... now if the guy attacks me or blocks my way or comes next to me so that when I move I provoke AoO I will probably do something different...

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

The man turns around and looks at you with murder in his eyes. Fortunately, you react faster than he does.

Spoiler
    Show
    you win initiative.

17. - Top - End - #1427

Spoiler
    Show

Is there a junction within 40 feet? or generally some kind of area or spot (rubble etc) where I can hide without using a smoke stick?

Or perhaps even moving behind the prisoners to gain cover and then hide?

Also since its first round of combat its a sneak attack right? He may not be suprised but he is flat footed as always on first round of combat?

If yes to the above I do the below.

Ishmael realises the peril he is in. The man having spotted him means he may be in trouble and a split second later he also realises that perhaps the man is a spell caster and THAT is why he doesnt have weapons! Horrified by the prospect he will be underclassed Ishmael tries to do the same trick that he did with Tom so that he can weaken his opponent slowly while not directly facing him.

He raises his hand and blasts him with significant portion of his stored energy not wanting to take any chances.

"I only want the Child you slaver bastard!" he calls out

Regardless of the effects he then leaves the child, quickly whispering "I will come back for you" and runs back as far as possible, drawing his "short sword" as he runs and trying to use the slaves to block line of sight or jumping behind some rubble or turning at a junction and hides.

Spoiler
    Show

Using spellfire touch attack against flat footed (1d20+10)[18] - crit confirm (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage (9d6)[34] - crit damage (9d6)[40] (this leaves me with 1 spell energy point as I want it in order to use for stabilise :D )
    Sneak attack (4d6)[11]

And then move 40 feet and hide (1d20+39)[55] and MS (1d20+23)[38] and draw the short sword looking chain as part of the move.

Now if I CANT do the above (both the sneak attack and the hide) I will change my action and since we will have enough time since he doesnt post as often if you tell me I will make a new post okay?

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-07-01 at 12:49 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

You notice a pile of rubble just big enough to hide behind 20 feet back.

Your spellfire hits him. It seems to have been quite the nasty attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    btw, sneak attack applies to spell attacks and other touch attacks if you're within 30 feet. You happen to have been about 40 feet away, but a note for next time.

19. - Top - End - #1429

Spoiler
    Show

Yea I forgot about that! I could have cast that damned Assassin spell (cant remember the name) that allows sneaks from a great range... :)

Also just to clarify, if possible I use the rubble as cover to get the hide check in but I dont stop there going my full distance... cause if he is a wizard or something and he sees me behind the rubble there is nothing stopping him from blasting it!

So we had an initial distance of 40, I move 20 behind the rocks to get a hide check in and then I go another 10 lets say (so our distance is 70) so I can still charge in next round if he tries to kill the kid!

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-07-01 at 09:43 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well, except that the rubble blocks charging....

also, waiting on him to respond.

21. - Top - End - #1431

Spoiler
    Show

Got it.

I added you and Rizban on my msn. You will receive an invite from email address ghost_d0g.

Will be going to bed now, talk to you guys tomorrow!

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

The slaver hisses in pain. He keeps his sword ready watching for the you to return.

"Take the child and begone!"
    Last edited by planswalker; 2011-07-01 at 09:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1433

Ishmael walks out to be more visible while holding the short sword defensively.

"I just want you to know that you wont get away with this... perhaps not from me but slavery is one of the worst things you can ever do you bastard! And especially a wounded child? I am not a good person myself but what kind of heartless, heinous monster are you?" he calls out anger in his voice.

"In any case, kid, your bonds are off. Come towards me slowly and we will back away" he says trying to be more re-assuring.

Spoiler
    Show

I ready versus approach (of the guy not the kid). Since I have reach this should give me my normal attack and an AoO if the guy tries to get to me.

Assuming he indeed lets the kid go and doesn't come closer I slowly back away.

I will get this guy sooner or later but it doenst make sense to do so now and in the sewers... the other skulks will think I am rescuing humans :D which I dont really care for with the exception of a kid!

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

The kid at the end begins to limp over to the man, frightened beyond reason.

Spoiler
    Show
    awaiting pc response to situation.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

The half-drow charges you, and you get flashed with a bright light.

Spoiler
    Show
    fortitude save versus blindness.

also, you get your two attacks.

26. - Top - End - #1436

Spoiler
    Show

Fortitude save vs being blinded (1d20+6)[19]

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

You pass.

filler.

28. - Top - End - #1438

Ishmael lifts his hand high enough and blocks the blast of light. Things are still swimming in his vision but he hears the foot steps approaching.

"YOU IDIOT. YOU ARE GIVEN A CHANCE AND YOU STILL ATTACK? SINCE WHEN DID THIS CITY BECOME SO THICK" he calls out as he pretends to stumble a bit to trick his opponent. Then the moment the man is within reach of the chain he snaps it hard trying to inflict serious damage.

The short swords appearance changes and it elongates into the horrible, acid dripping chain as Ishmael snaps it towards the man ready to hit him again as the chain approaches.

Spoiler
    Show

-1 due to dazed

Readied attack: (1d20+10)[30] - crit confirm (1d20+10)[24]
    damage (2d4+7)[12] in case of crit (2d4+7)[12]
    caustic (3d6)[14]

If that drops him I stop there

If not well I am not taking any chances so the AoO is more aggresive

(1d20+10)[19] - crit confirm (1d20+10)[21]
    Damage (2d4+7)[9] in case of crit (2d4+7)[12]
    Caustic (3d6)[17]
    Quickspark (1d6)[3]

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

Your first blow pierces through his chest on both sides as your spiked chain wraps around him, his lungs are ruptured and he dies.

oops.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

As the half-drow breathes his last, his belt glows ominously and explodes in a brilliant flash of light and sound.

sonic blast - (6d6-6)[17] Reflex DC 19 half
    sonic blast - (6d6-6)[15] Reflex DC 19 half
    cold blast - (6d6+6)[28] Fort DC 19 half
    cold blast - (6d6+6)[21] Fort DC 19 half
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.