Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1528

Thread: AvB - Ishmael

1. - Top - End - #1441
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Ishmael

Spoiler
    Show

reflex 1 (1d20+14)[34] - save = none (evasion)
    reflex 2 (1d20+14)[23] - save = none (evasion)
    fort 1 (1d20+6)[11] - save = half
    fort 2 (1d20+6)[12] - save = half

Kelemvor protects!

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

You survive - just barely. However, all the slaves are dead, and the half-drow's possessions besides the belt itself are destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

You get a total of 2600 xp. 800 for the pc and 1800 for surviving his belt.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #1444

Ishmael spits blood, teeth and feels around for his broken bones. The wounds are great but he survived.

He looks sadly at where the slaves where and shakes his head. Freaking idiot slaver.... not liking it that he is in this situation he downs his two cure potions and spends his spell energy for some healing

Spoiler
    Show

I was at 57, suffered 49 so I am at 8. Going to 10 with spell energy and then drinking pots for (1d8+1)[8] and (1d8+1)[5]

He walks to the belt and takes it, annoyed that it destroyed everything else but at least pleased that he got something out of this.

He looks at the distraction and devastation around him and considers the one small mercy. He does not need to clean this up. He still takes an acid flask and empties it around the body and where he was standing and bled to make sure at least his evidence is erased.

The one important thing is that at least now he doesnt have to deal with what he would do with the other slaves!

He smile sadly and offers a prayer to Kelemvor for sparing his life while claiming the others and really hopes the half-drow was a godless bastard that ends up as part of Kelemvor's wall.

He drops a scentbreaker for good measure and then leaves the area returning to his prisoners that thankfully were positioned further away.

He considers also killing them and getting it over with but decides against it. Too much blood and devastation for one day and one night.

He instead uses the hat to change back to how he looked for them and moves away quickly from the area heading towards the manholes near the city guard place he had first targeted.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

He arrives just underneath said manholes.

6. - Top - End - #1446

Ishmael carefully has a peak outside. Hopefully the manholes he found are not directly in front or next to a guard but rather a few streets away.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

In fact, it's a full block and a half away.

8. - Top - End - #1448

Carefully as he is not in his best shape he gets out and brings the two unconscious Jacks with him. He places them in a dumpster to hide them from view , spends some time changing his mundane disguise so that even if the hat is removed he is not seen as a skulk. He allows some of his actual wounds to show so that there is no doubt he really did fight them. He then sneaks closer to see where and how the guards are.

Spoiler
    Show

new disguise roll please :)

Also hide (1d20+39)[40]
    MS (1d20+23)[34]

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

The city watch have a pair of guards posted at the entrance to the old keep-turned-guardhouse.

10. - Top - End - #1450

Ishmael breaks cover, he approaches the guards openly and carefully, he does have his "short sword" worn and his armor is visible as are some of his wounds.

"Hey there...please I need some help" he calls out to the guards.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

They look up attentively. "What is it, citizen?"

12. - Top - End - #1452

"I apologise for disturbing you. I have something important to report... I dont know where to start not to make it sound too good but I have two Jacks in my custody. The notorious Scarlet and her brother Tim.... I heard there is a reward for bringing you such evil criminals... and was wondering if I could get it?" he said hopefully.

"But... but... one more thing... the other brother, Tom I think... he escaped so I dont want to have to go through too much hassle and official stuff cause he is bound to come for me with his whole gang if I do..." he said really expecting this to happen if he took too long a time.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

"Bring them here, we'll take a positive ID, and give you a nice anonymous bank note. If you need further protection, let the watch know."

14. - Top - End - #1454

Ishmael nods and goes back to the Jacks. He hits them a couple of times to make sure they dont wake up and then removes the manacles, as they are too expensive, but leaves the rope.

He then brings them to the guards and looks expectantly.

"Is there some code name I should use if I feel that the Jacks are closing in? For now I should be okay, the Jack that escaped doesnt know my name or where I live... with the reward perhaps I can move to a better district even and be done with them!" he says hope in his face.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

One of them goes inside to check the records and verify their identity.

The other answers your questions. "We don't have such a system set up. Indeed, those two should be worth a few thousand."

The other one comes out and says, "Yep, they're on the list. Toes, apparently, and valuable ones at that. Here's your note."

You are given a bank note for 3,000 gp.

16. - Top - End - #1456

Ishmael fakes being terrified, in reality he is just worried, and thanks the guards.

"I hope this will be enough to buy me a new identity... if I get anyone else I will try to get them to you guys since I know you are stand-up" he says as he had been really nervous about dealing with the guard.

He pockets the note and moves away.

Once out of sight he hides in the shadows and does a few circle arounds checking if the guards do take the Jacks or perhaps they are corrupt and simply release them.

Once some time passes he heads back to his apartment, as always changing the route he takes, slipping in and out of hiding spots and finally getting rid of most of his current clothes.

He changes into the last "new" outfit he has, locks the door, places the chair behind it, the bottle on the handle, the pillows in the bed, an extra blanket under the bed and sleeps in his large closet for which has a seperate lock and he has bought a few extra pillows for making it a comfortable hiding hole.

He knows he is being paranoid but he feels good about changing the routine.

Spoiler
    Show

Hope he doesnt die out of a heart attack :D

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

They do indeed take Tim and Scarletta inside.

You don't think anyone followed you home...

18. - Top - End - #1458

Spoiler
    Show

Hahaha nice one

Assuming he wakes up Ishmael smiles at himself for a very productive evening. He re-arranges his room and then proceeds to the market. He spends some time replenishing his alchemical supplies, each from a different store, then buys some more standard simple clothes.

He finishes his purchases by visiting a locksmiths and seeing if he can buy an amazing quality lock and a good quality lock. He has seen how easy it some times is for him to bypass the protection of simple locks and does not want to risk something like that at least from mundane means.

The locks ready for installation he heads over to the local Kelemvor temple once again and asks for healing if possible and is willing to pay a donation for it.

Remembering the "hot" note in his pocket he visits his bank and deposits it in his own account not wanting to carry it around.

Once that is done he goes over to Hagan's and picks up the items that are ready.

He finishes his afternoon by trying to find out where the Noble-woman that the "Dayman" asked him to find lives and what is known about her.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing lock has dc 40 open lock and costs 150gp, good lock is 80 gp and has open lock dc 30.

Will update the sheet with purchases.

The Noble woman was Baroness Lienda

I had learned very little with a Knowledge local so I am now trying again with a knowledge local and a gather info to find where she actually lives and where this anniversary ceremony will be etc... I dont think I had done this but I could be wrong :D I know I had done only a knowledge local when they firt told me about her but I had not investigated it yet...

(1d20+14)[23] knowledge local
    (1d20+12)[19] gather info - time (1d4+1)[4]
    (1d20+12)[29] gather info - time (1d4+1)[2]

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

For a disciple such as yourself, they ask only 20 gold for a total healing.

He has picked them up.

Spoiler
    Show
    you'll have to go to Hagan's shop to see which ones those are.

Spoiler
    Show
    for this last one, mind linking me to the post? I've completely forgotten about that.

20. - Top - End - #1460

Spoiler
    Show

Yep. He had already told me that some items are ready the next day but for the really cool ones I need to wait for 3 more days...

I posted at his "store post" about it.

About the Baroness...

heh sorry about that... But practically until I resolve the skulk attack and the attack on the Banker I must wait for a week... might as well do something small... I promise this might just be research and I will try not to derail us that much...

Your post is here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...postcount=1014
    Its page 34 for the whole conversation :D

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

Baroness Lienda and her husband have three houses in town, two estates in the countryside, and a barony they rule nearby.

You learn that for now they're staying in their townhouse located in the Mage's Quarter, but you hear rumors that they're going to be moving to their home in the Noble's District in two days.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Ishmael realises that he will have to plan for this if he even wants to try this angle with the Jacks.

For now though it is enough. He recalls the item he had found on the Nose and decides to try something that may reveal some information at least.

He passes from the square where the Sad Flint is and picks up the message his kid informant has from his girl hopefully.

Having done his shopping and his errand he returns home, once again taking the long way and making sure he is not followed as certain as possible. He spends some time and installs the good lock on the door and the amazing lock on the closet. He uses some black embers or something to that effect to make the lock less shiny so its not obvious its new and very good.

He then puts on the Gauntlets of Object reading and uses them for as long as the item has information.

Spoiler
    Show

I learn race, gender, age alignment and how the owner came into the possession of the item and how he lost it.

After that I learn about the previous owner the same stuff.

And the same after that. Takes 6 minutes per person to learn all the details :D

It doesnt say that you learn the name (how silly is that) but it may be something revealed in the "how he got, how he lost" part...?

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    among the rings, cloak, and pair of boots, which one are you researching?

The current owner reads as a male skulk of your age and alignment.

The owner before that is a male shifter of 34 years who was neutral evil.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Spoiler
    Show

You got me wrong :)

I am using the gloves to see about all the owners of the BELT that the "slaver" half-drow had...

though actually doing it on others is a great idea... so I also do it on the two rings going as back as possible... lets say the last 5 owners of the rings.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    oh. oops.

It is a rather short history.

The current owner reads as a male skulk of your age and alignment.

The next owner is a male half-drow age 20 who was Lawful Neutral.

The only other owner is a male human age 38 who was Lawful Neutral.

26. - Top - End - #1466

Ishmael knows how he got the items. Does he see how the previous owners got them? The half-drow and the human?

Spoiler
    Show

I am realising that this item (the gloves) may not be as cool as I thought!!!

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

The previous owner bought it from the one before him, who made it himself.

28. - Top - End - #1468

Keeping the information about a potential deranged item-crafter that booby traps items he considers how he should proceed.

His hand are itching about using the ingredients he bought but he decides to leave that for later.

He instead rests, eats a healthy breakfast and then sets out to find the area where the Baroness is living.

He goes there dressed with one of the new disguises and also uses his hat to improve it. He tries to stay hidden as he monitors the manor house checking for obvious doors, windows and guards.

He spends at least 6-7 hours there seeing if the guards seem to change and what the people going in and out look like.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

The manor house is large and luxurious, obviously designed to accommodate someone of great wealth and extravagant tastes. Twelve armored guards watch the place. The guard is switched out every six hours, but only four are changed out every 2 hours, meaning that eight keep watch constantly.

30. - Top - End - #1470

Ishmael watches for signs of servants going in and out and if they use some kind of backdoor or side alley.

Once that is done he tries to establish if all guards and all staff live in the actual manor or if they retire for the night. If he sees a servant retiring for the night he follows them.