New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1528

Thread: AvB - Ishmael

1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Ishmael

The back half of the estate is not visible from the street, and a fence prevents casual observation of the goings-on of that side. No servants are seen coming in and out of the front entrance.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Firbolg in the Playground

When it becomes darker, though not night yet, Ishmael approaches closer hiding and tries to gain visibility of the back of the house. If necessary he tries to climb the fence so he can see behind it but only after he has tried to use another building as a vantage point or find a hole on the fence.

Spoiler
    Show

Which district is the house located at?

hide (1d20+39)[45]
    ms (1d20+23)[30]

if needed climb (1d20+1)[2] (add rope and grapnel bonus)

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

He finds that another building can be used as a vantage point rather easily.

He arrives just in time to see several servants leaving out the back door and head off to a hostel that shares the other side of the block.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #1474

Ishmael follows quickly trying to catch a glimpse of one or more of the servants. He generally sees if he can enter the hostel stealthily to see their mannerisms, names and any other useful information they may be able to provide him with.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

The servants range from a young paige to an old washerwoman.

The back entrance to the hostel is not locked or guarded. It would be rather trivial to enter the hostel.

6. - Top - End - #1476

Ishmael indeed does so. He tries to stay hidden if possible as his main goal is information gathering.

He selects a couple of individuals that are his body type and size and he monitors them trying to learn as much as possible about them.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    just walking inside and talking with people will be faster, easier, and more effective.

None of the servants walking in have the lithe, strong fluid build of an assassin.

8. - Top - End - #1478

Spoiler
    Show

Is there some kind of "restaurant" or "dining hall" in the hostel? If yes then certainly thats what I do!

Ishmael smiles smuggly as he compares himself to lesser men. He has gained a few pounds since he got this cloak off course and a strange hair growth seems to have appeared on his feet but he still has got -it-.

He enters the hostel trying to stay inconspicuous though not precisely hiding. He tries to see if there is some kind of congregation area where the servants eat, drink and chat and he tries to listen to the various conversations and find out more about the various people there.

He tries to find someone in particular that seems relaxed and more at ease and start up a conversation.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

There is a hall where simple, bland fare is served to the servants staying at the hostel.

He notices one particular man of rather large build is sitting in a corner drinking a mug of cheap beer and humming to himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    btw, congrats on your first private thread.

10. - Top - End - #1480

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks! I am very close to a second :D

Ishmael approaches the man and smiles after taking a similar drink.

"May I join you? Everyone here is soooo quiet. People call me chatterbox but I'd rather talk too much than not at all..." he says with hope in his eyes.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

"Chatterbox, eh? Well, they call me Wind. I do three things well, and all of them with wind. I spit in it, I break it, and a shoot it. Talking too much ain't killed me yet, but the quiet, serious ones go to an early grave."

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

"Chatterbox, eh? Well, they call me Wind. I do three things well, and all of them with wind. I spit in it, I break it, and a shoot it. Talking too much ain't killed me yet, but the quiet, serious ones go to an early grave."

13. - Top - End - #1483

Ishmael laughs genuinely at the mans raunchy humor.

"The name is Ulf, I am new to town... heard there are many nobles and the like hiring handy men, servants and the like and thought it has to be better than shoving pig **** in the country right?" he says and offers the man his hand.

"I assure you I have washed it first" he says and laughs.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    bluff check.

15. - Top - End - #1485

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[22]

I ended up with the chief security officer of the house :)

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

He believes you. "Howdy there. The names Flint. Josiah Flint, smith and mason for the Freidels. Also the odd bit of carpentry. Baroness Lienda likes to keep me around even when not on the estates. I think the poor waif has a crush on me, har har."

17. - Top - End - #1487

Ishmael smiles looking at the man with some mock doubt.

"Sounds like you -do- everything and everyone then?" he says and smiles.

"So, how is it working for her? And does she need any new servants? Cant say I am no craftsman myself but I am pretty killer waiter and can do some tricks... you kinda learn when the pigs are trying to eat your hands as you try to feed them" he says and smiles again.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, her husband, the young Baron Friedel is looking to hire al sorts right now. Expanding the household in honor of their anniversary."

19. - Top - End - #1489

"Oh? lucky woman the Baroness... young husband, anniversary -servants- and probably some present too... When is their anniversary then?" he says and grins.

He finishes his own drink slowly and looks around to see if he can perhaps buy a second before turning back to his companion.

"Tell me about you, how did you land such a decent job at the Noble's house? Ah and also... if you dont mind me asking... how come a baroness is living outside the Noble's Quarter? I heard all the Nobs are hobnobbing there!"

After the man has answered Ishmael considers how he should approach this and decides to try the front way.

"Would you be able to vouch for me if I buy you a drink?" he says in a light spirited way.

"I mean I dont know many people in the city so showing up at a manor's house-master and saying hey I am Ulf, hire me cause I say I am good, is bound not to work!"

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    answer in morning. brain is shutting down.

21. - Top - End - #1491

Spoiler
    Show

No problem! Happy 4rth of July btw :D

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    thanks. I suspect though that for your country, it's just another day in July.

"They'll be celebrating that in six days, actually. Lucky couple."

He can indeed buy a second, for 1 copper.

"Call it family legacy. My pop was the butler to granddad Freidel. They like to keep families together at least until the kids grow up, and if you've got talents, they'll hire you on as well then."

"As for why they're not in the Fancy Snooty Club at the moment, our sweet young baroness doesn't like court. Some say she was a common girl her parents found and took pity on. Since she's their only child, you could understand why they'd adopt if it meant an heiress. All I can tell you is she's got jet black hair and they're both golden headed. She don't like the whisperings of court or being looked down upon."

He laughs, giving a deep, rich belly laugh, "Boy, buy me a drink, and I'll vouch for you and hell, I'll even lie for you, tell them you're my long-lost twin if you want."

"You got it right there. He'd give you the benefit of the doubt, if you think shoveling horse dung is any better than pig dung."

23. - Top - End - #1493

Spoiler
    Show

Yep, its actually a very rainy and cold day today... and tomorrow a 3 day meeting starts that includes all the big heads of my department from Europe... *grummble grummble*

One question just to make sure I got it right...

From the way the Dayman said it I assume I am supposed to steal the necklase BEFORE he gives it to her right? Cause entering the place when they move INTO the Noble's Quarter sounds impossible!

"Lucky them!" he exclaims at the anniversary bit.

"Glad to hear some of the nobles are not as superior as the rest of them... A few days ago I got a beating cause I wanted to enter the Noble's Quarter... I am glad at least some of them choose to stay here" he said with a smile trying to confirm the info that unfortunately very soon the Baroness would also be moving.

Ishmael got up and brought the two drinks after getting an answer.

On the comment about being the long lost twin he smiled carefully.

"Nah, no need to go that far. What if I end up being not really good at whatever they have me do and you get into trouble. Just a positive comment should be enough. I saw they have like a good dozen guards outside so I'm sure they are paranoid with security thats why I assumed I would need someone to vouch for me..." he says not wanting to get the servant into more trouble than he probably will anyway.

With that he continues chating with the man in case there is anything more useful to learn and then finally withdraws for the night.

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    he just wants you to get it, and within a week. He doesn't care particularly when or how.
    "Well, they're not so much paranoid as smart. They're just makin' sure any thief comes a calling decides that their neighbors are riper targets than they are.

25. - Top - End - #1495

"Makes sense" says Ishmael before leaving as planned.

He uses the shadows to hide and approaches the house once again. This time he uses the hat and his personal skills to disguise himself as one of the guards he had seen leaving earlier or going off duty.

He waits until such a time that there is a change of guard and knowing that there are still 8 guards around he tries to be as quiet as possible when he tries to gain entrance to the area behind the fence at a spot where there is not a lot of light if at all.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide: (1d20+39)[47]
    MS: (1d20+23)[43]

Climb (?) using rope (1d20+1)[7] + rope and grappnel - I actually saw that rope and grappnel dont give a bonus but rather make it a -dc 0- check... which sounds very weird but what can you do :D

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a use rope check to properly set a grapnel.

27. - Top - End - #1497

Spoiler
    Show

so here you go (1d20+9)[18] - I am using silk rope which gives +2 but I am not sure if it applies here... if it doesnt then feel free to deduct 2 from my score :D

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Titan in the Playground

He successfully hooks the grapnel and climbs on over.

29. - Top - End - #1499

Careful he starts walking around staying low and taking in the details of the back of the house.

He slowly approaches any ground floor windows or doors that are not evidently guarded.

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Titan in the Playground

There is one such window just past the corner of the house along the side where the guards do not routinely look.