New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: AvB - Ishmael

1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - Ishmael

You're not sure, but it's possible one or two of the women in the tavern might have been facilitators you spoke with.

She does not seem to notice you, but while chatting with one of the women you think you might have met, she nods her head in your general direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So just a couple clarifications. She stepped out from a door other than the one I went in and out of with the two bouncers right?

And also it seems that there ARE facilitators enjoying the drinks that would lead me to believe that eventually when they head out they do somehow exit this place normally.

Not sure if the nod is "come here" jesture or "go on out" he decides to go with the safest option for the girl and slowly walks outside trying to catch another glimpse and see if that was the correct idea.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge local: Local Restaurants IN the area that I can afford without blowing all my remaining cash (something around the premise of 10gold per person should be sufficient and I guess a rich enough meal considering a tavern meal is a few silver no?

(1d20+7)[15]

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    she came out the same door you had.

They at least can enter the tavern proper from their secret entrance. Whether they have to or not is unclear. You are pretty sure that there are at least a hundred facilitators, and you suspect that they would have been quite a noticeable event if that many women had suddenly entered the Flint.

Best restaurant you can think of in the local area will only cost you 3 gold per meal. Exotic wines and such extra.

A few minutes later Jezleen walks up behind you. "So, have a good place in mind?"
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #154

Looking around to make sure noone is following Ishmael offers her his hand and nods.

"I do... I am not the local here but I have heard good things about the "InsertNameofRestaurant". Its not too far from here so unless you have a more favorite spot we could try it out?"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll let you pick the names. Names are not my strong suit.

"Well, I am impressed. You, as a non-local managed to pick the nicest place still open tonight. You win some major points already."

6. - Top - End - #156

"Lets say I like to do my homework. When you visit new places you should try to learn local customs, speak with locals and get to know them..." he said making a small pause at this "... because well thats where your new home is now and you should respect it. Believe me, I am not generally very good with people so I need to try and go the extra mile if I am to earn their trust."

Their footsteps take them after a little while towards the entrance of the "Prancing Unicorn" perhaps not a name for one the classiest restaurants if one where to take into account those in the Nobles District but probably a top contender for the remaining locals.

Entering the restaurant Ishmael does everything he was taught in his "How to eliminate Lady's while maintaing your cover" lecture. He pulls the chair for her, takes her coat, kisses her hand as she sits, if she lets him, and all the little things, well except for putting contact poison on his lips and ingestion poison in her drink.

"Feel free to order anything you like, wine selection will be mine though. So, tell me about you. What do you like, are you from Adhaven. How did you end up with such a job... I mean thats rich coming from someone that actually takes on such jobs to make a living but well... I am sure there is an interesting story behind it?" he says leaving the question hanging.

When the wine list/drink list comes he actually does ask the advice of the waiter on what would be appropriate with their food selection, better to admit you dont know everything than make a bad choice. He will go for an affordable solution but something interesting.

Spoiler
    Show

depending on how the price list actually looks I am as I said prepared to pay about 20gold for the whole meal... that means that if our food costs 3 per person there is another 14 gold there for drinks... could be less expensive, just saying my max allowance for now and hopefully whatever we order comes in a bottle and not a glass :D

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-02-21 at 05:50 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

She chuckles warmly. "You can stop pretending to be suave. I didn't choose to have dinner with a soldier of fortune for the fancy words. I got plenty of that at the last place I worked. Just be genuine. That's all I need."

Spoiler
    Show
    it was this or ask you for a diplo check.

"I do like your take charge attitude though. Too many men these days are pushovers. Hope your experience with wines proves to be good. My tastes with roast duckling are rather specific."

The attentive waiter takes this hint and quickly takes note of her order. After hearing your order of pheasant smothered in gravy, he comes back with a wine selection. With your whispered question, he advises a bottle of the 8 gold gnomish blue wine. An acceptable match for the pheasant but exquisite with the duck.

If Jezreel can hear your slip in your facade with the waiter, she doesn't seem to react to it. Or it could be that she genuinely didn't notice.

"Excellent choice sir. When you have finished the meal, I will have the itemized bill for you."

8. - Top - End - #158

As the dinner continues Ishmael does indeed try to be more honest. It comes hard to him to drop the act, not because he cant but because dissimilation is something ingrained inside him since birth... a defence mechanism of his people in order to survive on a cruel, human dominated world.

"Well speaking of facades there is something I must confess. Perhaps you will have pierced it already but my detailed physical appearance is not exact. You see I have to... conceal my nature to be able to function in our society. Dont get me wrong I am no monster, its just that my kind is responsible for numerous attrocities. I myself have not taken part in anything similar but we all know how your heritage and racial characteristics can affect those around you." certain that she will already worry about him having claws, tentacles and fanged mouth he raises a hand before she can protest.

"I am not... creature of the night or terror from the deep. I am ... of the Exiled, as my father used to call our race. In this city I believe the name is... Skulks and they are already a problem for the current human population!" he sits back waiting for a backlash... sure in his mind a Tiefling also faced curious looks and the occasional angry retort but he knew his race carried even more... baggage.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Jezreel bursts out laughing. "hehehe- ha tha-ha-that's your big secret? I expected you to say that you worshiped Nerull and that we'd have to go sacrifice a virgin or something. I take it Joss figured out that you weren't one of the friendly races. Tell you what, I'll put in a good word for you. It shouldn't be hard to convince him to give you a second chance. Probably best to still make it not obvious who you are. Skulks may have a bad rap in the city, but hell knows I've had my share of prejudice. My first job I could find in this town was less than ideal."

10. - Top - End - #160

"Well I know that pretending to be someone else does not go along way with earning someones trust... especially when your aim is to do just that. I am not sure if I did or did not manage to pass muster with Joss. I am sure he gets to deal with alot of bad apples in that line of business so he is right to be suspicious when someone like me comes in." he said sipping a bit of the wine in appreciation.

"If its a sensitive subject we can avoid it. But overall have you been in Aldhaven long?"

Spoiler
    Show

If you want I can make a post with what questions I will be asking her to avoid making 1 question posts. What do you think?

By the way, he is not asking her just to kill time. He really is interested in her story...

Also for the record, the charisma of the character is really low... due to the -4... but I do not take it to mean the appearance or the mannerism (since I had put a 12 there!) Its more the subdued nature and the expected behavior of the race (So I am always agreeing with people and accepting the fact they are right or that things are my fault etc) as opposed to the actual physical characteristics! Thats not to say he is good looking... I guess he would be average overall but just a "how I imagine the character to be kind of thing".

Could you also give me a short description of her now we had time and all? Do I see any evident tiefling traits?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sounds fine. We can volley questions back and forth or we can have you ask a list of questions all at once. Jez will respond with a series of answers. We can pretend they are back and forth.

"Long enough to know better, but not enough to really establish myself here. About four years."

She has two noticeable demonic traits. Her front teeth end in slight points. Her eyes are black without whites. Her dark brown irises are nearly impossible to see.

12. - Top - End - #162

Spoiler
    Show

The back and forth sounds good I think!

"Four years is a long time! I have only been here for three weeks just learning some things about the city and the citizens. I guess I have come during interesting times!"

The conversation flowed smoothly as far as he was concerned so he opened up a bit more. Should he be asked he answered truthfully that his family had been part of the exiled and as such suffered until his parents had taken more direct action against those they considered their racial enemies. This lead to their deaths but as luck would have it Ishmael had a better fate. He was recruited and indoctrinated at a "school" as he puts it that gave him good enough education to NOT hate everyone around him but also how to make a living at the talents he had. He does become a bit smug when he describes how he was besting his opponents or colleagues, without going into details, but that moment passes quickly. Overall he listens more than talks.

Among the things he asks his tiefling dinner partner are:

"What are your interests outside work"

"How do you like the city"

"What do you do for fun when off duty"

"How did you land the job in the Sad Flint and how good is it as a place of work"

"Favorite food/drink and perhaps restaurant or tavern for future consideration"

"Where are you from"

"Any interesting gossips or information about the city a newcomer should be carefull off as I already learned that the guards take protecting the Noble's quarters VERY seriously"

"Does she have friends in the city either from work or from her living here"

"Where does she live, does she like her place, does she have any issues with neighbours etc"

Spoiler
    Show

I have an overall genuine interest in her. As you see there a couple of work related questions but I am not trying to milk it out of her or "gather information".

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    indeed. This isn't gather info, it's good rp. it also isn't going to take you 1d4+1 hours to get an answer.

you just officially turned her from gag about the 5% thing into a major character.

"I enjoy a good round of sparring when I get the chance and the opponent is worthy."

"It's better than the slums I grew up in."

"Normally, sleep and meditate. Helps to focus my energy."

"Chris gave me a good word with the boss. Can't give his name. Non-disclosure and all that. It's almost too uptight on the security, but it pays well, and the hours are better than my last job."

"Normally, I just enjoy a good tavern brawl to work up an appetite before I sink in to a good soup. Occasionally, though, i do enjoy finer things. If you can get inside and get a reservation, the Goose and the Gander is my absolute favorite."

"Well, I'm from a small pigsty of a town known for basically nothing. There were a strage set of justice murders there when I was 13. Every man who abused his children was found beheaded in their sleep."

"Well, if you go out to the docks at night, be sure you're ready to deal with the consequences. You'll probably have to join them or find yourself counted a bad guy. That, and don't just try to barge into the noble's quarter. They take that seriously."

"Well, Chelsea at work constantly tries to get me in on their tea clubs. Not my kind of thing. I don't have much use for users like most the people in this town."

"Sorry, that information is classified. You'll have to make it to the third date first."

14. - Top - End - #164

Spoiler
    Show

Heh yep, its strange that after 6 pages in a pvp thread we havent rolled an attack but its very enjoyable interaction!

I hope turning her into a major npc is a good thing :D

Ishmael listened to her with interest impressed by her confidence.

"I enjoy a good round of sparring when I get the chance and the opponent is worthy."
    "I could, if you wish, sparr with you at some point. I am not sure if I am worthy, my talents are still developing but I have some tricks up my sleeves, in my shinguards and in my bracers" he said and smiled at his own joke wondering if she would understand he meant disguised daggers.

If you can get inside and get a reservation, the Goose and the Gander is my absolute favorite."
    "If the lady cares for the Goose and Gander then I shall try and get us a reservation for the Goose and Gander. I cannot guaranteed anything at this stage as I dont know the place. Assuming the job goes well I may be able to help push our case to the metr di"

Well, Chelsea at work constantly tries to get me in on their tea clubs. Not my kind of thing. I don't have much use for users like most the people in this town.
    "Tea clubs? What is that, just a gathering were you ladies gather and drink tea and gossip about us poor souls trying to find employment? And what do you mean by users?"

"Sorry, that information is classified. You'll have to make it to the third date first."
    Ishmael smiles widely at this.

"I will be a lucky... man if I make it that far then! I guess it will remain to be seen!" he says and puts his glass down looking at her.

"Also I wanted to ask from the Flint already. You said you couldnt really go out with me since I had accepted the job. I cant say I am not interested, as I had heard that the... lady had relations with the university and I admit that I have a very good opinion of it after meeting a professor there, but would it make things easier if I turned down the job? I would not want to put you in any trouble!"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Monodominant View Post
    "I could, if you wish, sparr with you at some point. I am not sure if I am worthy, my talents are still developing but I have some tricks up my sleeves, in my shinguards and in my bracers" he said and smiled at his own joke wondering if she would understand he meant disguised daggers.
    "Well, i meant unarmed sparring, so your sleeve tricks would be cheating, strictly speaking. I'll keep the offer in mind though, should you ever find yourself needing a challenge."

"If the lady cares for the Goose and Gander then I shall try and get us a reservation for the Goose and Gander. I cannot guaranteed anything at this stage as I dont know the place. Assuming the job goes well I may be able to help push our case to the metr di"
    "Consider it a goal for you to reach for. Best of loke with that."

"Tea clubs? What is that, just a gathering were you ladies gather and drink tea and gossip about us poor souls trying to find employment? And what do you mean by users?"
    "I believe they work on brewing custom teas there. As to users, well, surely you know the type. Brings others around themselves for their own goals, don't care about anyone else."

"I will be a lucky... man if I make it that far then! I guess it will remain to be seen!" he says and puts his glass down looking at her.
    "Indeed it will." She arches her eye at the comment.

"Also I wanted to ask from the Flint already. You said you couldnt really go out with me since I had accepted the job. I cant say I am not interested, as I had heard that the... lady had relations with the university and I admit that I have a very good opinion of it after meeting a professor there, but would it make things easier if I turned down the job? I would not want to put you in any trouble!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the above statement. What are you getting at with that?

as to the pvp thing, remember, the tags in the OT are, SANDBOX, some pvp. This is primarily a sandbox game.

16. - Top - End - #166

Spoiler
    Show

he is essentially telling her that if there is a chance she will get into trouble for seeing Ishmael he can drop the job... despite the fact that its a particularly good job for his situation.

Last edited by Monodominant; 2011-02-21 at 02:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ok then.

"Well, the ban is on dating those to whom I might give a job. I have to be impartial and anonymous. Once you have actually accepted a job, we're good to go. Once the boss finds out, though, you'll have a tough time being allowed to take another job."

18. - Top - End - #168

"Well, i meant unarmed sparring, so your sleeve tricks would be cheating, strictly speaking. I'll keep the offer in mind though, should you ever find yourself needing a challenge."
    "I am not so sure that I would cope with the unarmed sparring... strength is not my... heh... strong suit. I prefer not to get hit until my opponent is worn out but you could teach me a few things perhaps. Having grew up in the place you mentioned I am sure you will be a pretty crafty streetfighter no?" he said with care.

"Well, the ban is on dating those to whom I might give a job. I have to be impartial and anonymous. Once you have actually accepted a job, we're good to go. Once the boss finds out, though, you'll have a tough time being allowed to take another job."

"Well assuming you would like a repeat of tonight as much as me I definetly wouldnt mind being barred from the Flint. But do you think we could keep it quiet until I get some hard coin in my belt pouch then? Perhaps I can meet you tomorrow as well after work, if you are not already too bored of me. From what I saw most of you girls dont go through the Sad Flint when leaving so I can pick you up tomorrow from wherever you exit along with a small present. That way Joss and the others dont actually see me since in the outside I will be near invisible and I get to pick you up off work!" he said excitedly as he refilled her glass with wine.

Spoiler
    Show

Now this is where I put all my "charm" so perhaps I can roll a bluff or diplomacy as he does his best to make the idea sound appealing. Ishmael does like this Tiefling but he does have a job to do... and the way I see it unless he does a suicide attempt to try and sneak in the Sad Flint, sneak to the basement and find where the exit leads it will be impossible to actually "catch" the aasimar. If tomorrow he learns where the secret exit passage to the outside of the Flint ends up then he can perhaps stalk her the day after. Its all I can come up with so far...

The conversation is stimulating, the food is good and the wine is fine as well and as they say time passes fast when you are with good company.

Eventually when the wine runs out and their plates are empty and after she has selected desert, he politely declines if he is offered, he discretly pays the bill and gives an appropriate 15% tip.

He offers his hand to her not because he is faking it now but because he does like the concept of walking with the woman in his arm regardless of the physical appearance. He is not a looker himself after all.

"I can escort you to your place if you wish, no expectations and no further intentions, simply what I feel honored to do. If you dont feel comfortable perhaps I can take you as far as you will let me and I promise not to follow despite my talents" he says and gives her his best smile of the night.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    your total expenses come out to 13 gold. I'll let you calculate 15% for the tip.

"Not sure why I should care. I live over in north quarter."

She allows you to walk her back to a two-story boarding house. "It's nice enough to let me feel safe, but cheap enough to not break my budget." she says.

20. - Top - End - #170

Spoiler
    Show

1 gold 8 silver :D so a total of 14,8 + 6gold for the beers at the flint for a total of 20,8. The life of a playboy is expensive :D

No answer on the whole picking her up tomorrow outside the flint thing???

"Well you mentioned you could not -reveal- your address until a possible third date so I wasnt sure if you would feel comfortable enough to let me take you back.

Well Jezleen. I had a great time, thank you for the opportunity to take you out and I hope we do repeat as I mentioned earlier." He looks at her expectantly for her answer.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, you know the house, but the actual address is still a mystery to you. This building is connected to the two next to it. You still don't know the room either. As to tomorrow, that sounds fine. Be sure to pick something suitable."

As she enters the building, she says, "Oh, by the way, Drechsan." The door closes shut behind her.

22. - Top - End - #172

Spoiler
    Show

Did she actually say where to pick her up from? I.e. close to where the exit is?

Also, what time should I visit my Sad flint client? Can I go at any time or do I have to wait till morning?

Overall plan for the evening after getting the girl home. Most of the scenes will need rping, I am just giving you a plan so you know what to prepare for

a) Pass by the restaurant and try to get a table for tomorrow... I predict this wont be easy but still...

b)If there is no time specification, head to the clients house after the restaurant.

c) sleep for 6 or so hours.

c) In the morning, before sunrise I come back here. I dont care to stalk my girl or anything. I hide some distance from the place and I want to see if more Sad Flint employees live here and if I am really lucky the aasimar. If I recognise any other girl BUT the tiefling (dont want to risk making her think I am a crazy stalker) I shall follow her to see where they enter from... it would fit with the rumor that most of them stay at the same place with the twist of false rumor about it being in the nobles quarter...

"Thank you" He said behind a smile in his face for having earned the last name.

He stayed for a few moments looking at the building plans formulating in his head and then turned and left after looking around for possible places that would support his hiding skills.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    she did not. You're gonna have to take it on faith that she'll let you know somehow. You can assume the non-disclosure agreement included this.

you have the address. You can arrive at any time you think appropriate. Whenthat is I'll let you judge.

a) yeah, rp needed

b) ditto

c) [sarcasm]Oh boy, that's going to be another 50 pages of rp there.[/sarcasm]

d) sounds like a good rp plan

there are quite a few dark alleyways nearby. Lots of corners that can be hidden behind.

24. - Top - End - #174

Spoiler
    Show

Hey you said it yourself :D SANDBOX! If you make sure you dont send assassins to kill me during the night I will make sure I wont describe the dream sequences :D

As Ishmael walked away blending with the shadows he wondered. The client was crazy. How crazy was to be seen sooner or later so later it would be. Trying to find a suitable second date locastion could be faster and take priority.

He walked the streets moving from corner to corner, his ability making him almost invisible. It had become second nature to try and hide from the eyes of humans, elves, dwarves and all the races that were blessed with the simple gift of not being hated for what they were for simply being born.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+27)[36]

His footsteps take him to Goose and Gander eventually. He surveys the restaurant and makes a general sweep of the area identifying potential entrances and exits as well as looking inside for a better look.

Having seen enough he approaches and enters.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    deal

Unfortunately, before you can enter the Goose and the Gander, you must first enter the noble's quarter. Which is walled and guarded day and night.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2011-02-21 at 05:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it forbidden for non-merchants to enter?

Arriving at the gates of the merchant quarter Ishmael approaches one of the guards at the entrance. He does so openly and with no aggression.

"Evening officer. Is it possible to enter the quarter or do I need papers or something to that effect?"

Spoiler
    Show

knowledge local - merchants quarter:

(1d20+7)[25]

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think that was supposed to say Nobles' Quarter, not Merchants'
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Erg, I mean noble's quarter.

"Can't enter the noble's quarter without permission. You need papers showing your business, attachment to a noble house, or lineage within said house."

Spoiler
    Show
    it's where the nobility lives. The powerful families all have residences incside there, and one must have proper reason for going there if they wish to see beyond the walls.

29. - Top - End - #179

Spoiler
    Show

Oh yes, I just saw the edit. I have already gotten a knowledge roll for nobles quarter I think and know its hardcore. I will still ask the guard the info though so that I have the official "no entry answer".

Is the crazy noble womans house IN the nobles quarter by the way?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    no, it's in East Market