New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: [4E] Advice on Polearm Fighter build

Rest assured, this Elf will not be a Legolas clone. The way I plan to describe his fighting style is a mix of the Aiel and Mat from the Wheel of Time books. The Aiel are incredible fighters and use only spears, and Mat has a polearm and is a general badass.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

oooh I love wheel of time, the algai d'siswai(sic) are all female humans aren't they. I have been trying to build one but they use a one handed versatile spear and can run fast. They have a 3.5 prestige class in the WoT but it's so suboptimal. I will be totally willing to help you build one.

Mat uses a glaive, I think.
    My mother says: those on fire should roll.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

You spelled algai d'siswai correctly, but it's only the Maidens of the Spear that are all female. The vast majority of the warrior societies are all male. Yep, I know that Mat wields a glaive, but since the level 5 version of this build needs at Staggering Glaive for Polearm Momentum to work, I thought it was fitting.

I just found out today that my character wasn't accepted, but I'm definitely going to keep the sheet for applying to other games.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!