New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXIII: DeeganBallZ

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    My biggest complaint here is Doms plan. It...well, it speaks for itself, really. Let's just say that impaling yourself on the enemy weapon should not be plan A. It should probably not even be on the list.
    I don't know, of all the plans a seer could come up with, this is probably a pretty good one. Dom could check ahead in time and see that, oh yes, this is going to work out because white magic blah blah, so although it's a pretty painful route to go by, it's not really all that risky.
    It's also a pretty rad way to trick your opponent, because unless they know you're the kind of sick freak who uses omniscience when you plan your battles, they're going to feel that they've scuttled your plan pretty well and good by stabbing you.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You know, I just realized something. This topic title would've been appropriate for last topic as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    You know, I just realized something. This topic title would've been appropriate for last topic as well...
    Ain't nothin' more appropriate than Star Wars references.

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    Ain't nothin' more appropriate than Star Wars references.
    Do or do not, there is no HUMAN FACE! OR ANOTHER ASS! OR A WHOLE SHARK! BWAHAHAA! THE FORCE!

5. - Top - End - #95

So, nobody's even bothering to discuss what the next arc could be about? Well, makes sense; we all know it'll be the subject we're dreading.
    Last edited by Mr. McGician; 2011-02-20 at 10:24 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    So, nobody's even bothering to discuss what the next arc could be about? Well, makes sense; we all know it'll be the subject we're dreading.
    I'm not even sure if this intermission arc is over yet. Dom's still floating around in destruction space.

I've learned to never discuss what I suspect the next arc will be, because the actuality is always something worse. It's the rule.

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    I'm not even sure if this intermission arc is over yet. Dom's still floating around in destruction space.

I've learned to never discuss what I suspect the next arc will be, because the actuality is always something worse. It's the rule.
    Instead of guessing something lame and horrible, you should guess something that would be incredible. That way, when it is worse, it will likely only be a bit dissapointing instead of soul crushingly bad. After all, there is a lot of leeway if you are an optimist for the actual arc to be placed in. If you start at he bottom, all mooky can do to undercut it is start digging. :p

8. - Top - End - #98

160 panels of Dom staring at the viewer, wearing various different expressions of silent contemplation and/or judgment?

I mean, seriously, if nothing else, a stunt like that should torpedo his readership in the "actually buys merchandise" demographic.

9. - Top - End - #99

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Instead of guessing something lame and horrible, you should guess something that would be incredible. That way, when it is worse, it will likely only be a bit dissapointing instead of soul crushingly bad. After all, there is a lot of leeway if you are an optimist for the actual arc to be placed in. If you start at he bottom, all mooky can do to undercut it is start digging. :p
    Fine. I'll guess: Luna gets increasingly frustrated with Dominic and the rest of the Deeagns smugness and decides to run off with Prento, causing Dominic to mindbreak and fuse with Snuggly. Milov, Pam and Dex track down Celesto and team up to defeat Snuggly-Dom and the rest of the Deegans who are protecting him.

10. - Top - End - #100

Well, if this mini-arc isn't over yet, then next week will probably just be exposition. Maybe at least we'll learn something we didn't know before and the intermission won't have been a complete waste of time.

Oh no! I just created optimism on the Plane of Dominic Deegan! Now the Lobster Police are after me!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

The next arc will begin in the Wild Edge, where Celesto notices a herd of tossers nonchalantly flying by. Enraged that lesser beings are able to mimic his bird powers, he decides to look into this.

It is revealed that THE BEAST has started hunting and eating the Gravity Gremlins, causing the surviving ones to go on strike due to their hazardous working conditions. Donovan is called upon to negotiate a new labor agreement and Quilt decides to help him. Hilarity ensues.

Meanwhile, Dominic and Miranda go after THE BEAST to stop the evil plan it has hatched. (The plan behind its Gremlin-eating is not explained in depth, but it is evil.) They eventually find out that THE BEAST is responsible for blocking Miranda's magic all these years. (This isn't explained in depth.) Dominic devises a clever plan using some planar magic rules (which won't be explained in depth) to help his dear mother get back the full extent of her powers, which enables her to blast THE BEAST to smithereens with a magical laz0r. (Which obviously will not actually kill it.)

Of course, most of the arc will focus on the trials and tribulations Luna has to go through planning a wedding when gravity is unreliable at best. Wedding cakes may suddenly splatter on the ceiling, and trying on dresses in front of other people can cause quite embarrassing scenes - not that that would stop Rachel, who of course appoints herself Luna's stylist.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2011-02-20 at 11:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sneaky Gate is up! All fear the atrocities that dwell inside!

Future Link.

Join us tomorrow, as the giant lobster tells Dominic how awesome he is!
    "Nothing can stop The Smooze."

13. - Top - End - #103

If this were any other comic, this may be a dramatic moment where we fear for the main character's life.

Instead I'm sitting here wondering what Mookie is going to pull out of his ass to make me facepalm tomorrow.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

14. - Top - End - #104

... Johnny, that was beautifully stupid. I'm kind of sad that whatever happens will almost certainly be less silly. Probably involving Dominic trying to hire security beefy enough to repel a betantacled horror, yet not so much so that their inherent jockiness causes them to involuntarily pummel and/or drug him.

In a sudden Aha! moment, Dominic will realize that the latest drugs that have been involuntarily forced into his system fragment his mind just right to combat Snuggly on an equal footing, by turning his thought process and psycho-self similarly alien.

However, Dominic scheduled some job interviews, and scheduling an interview but not showing up is a capital offense under Callanian law, so Luna has to load Dominic's alternately babbling and comatose form onto a Magical Dolly and push him around Callan so he makes all of his interviews.

By the end of that week (webcomic time), at least one prospective employer mistook Dominic's mad babbling for mystical ruminations, and extended a very generous offer. When Dominic comes to, he'll have to replicate his behavior whenever he's on the job, hiding his sobriety from his employer.

Man, it might be interesting to set a sitcom in a police state full of arbitrary laws, where each episode is focused around dealing with a different one. Has anything like that been done, does anyone know?

Ninja'd: as to the Gate... um... I'll be frank, I have no clue what rules are in play by now. Was that whole thing with the pointing just a thing for the sake of a gag? Could he have been hightailing it out of there instead of putting his life at risk to humiliate Snuggly for the readers?

15. - Top - End - #105

GnomeWizardGuy

The comic has reached the point where there is literally nothing to say about updates. I feel like I'd much rather be discussing Johnny's proposed next arc than whatever is going to actually happen next.

16. - Top - End - #106

Oh hey. Dominic is limbless in spaaaace. I bet a picture of Rainbow Dash that he'll have exactly zero lasting consequences from this.

17. - Top - End - #107

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Oh hey. Dominic is limbless in spaaaace. I bet a picture of Rainbow Dash that he'll have exactly zero lasting consequences from this.
    I will see that bet, and post a picture of Hoity Toity if he doesn't.

I am certain you will win, I am looking for an excuse to post pictures of ponies.

18. - Top - End - #108

It's worth noting that Dominic's entire plan was "Make a teddy bear and then point at Snuggly."
    How can the lobster police possibly not have seen Dominic.

Fifty percent of his plan was based on the lobster police seeing Dominic.

Bringing up the other question, what happens if he dies here? Is he lobotomized, does he get a terrible headache, does he need to visit an alterist, what's at stake :3

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

When you say "zero lasting consequences", does that also rule out a possible power-up?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

That's not a good bet to make. That's an astral projection, and considering loosing one's head isn't a problem with such projections, I don't see why loosing one's limbs would be.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    That's not a good bet to make. That's an astral projection, and considering loosing one's head isn't a problem with such projections, I don't see why loosing one's limbs would be.
    The point of that bet is that there is zero dramatic tension because there is zero risk. Dominic's conversation with the Alterist had more risk than facing down the lobster police, because he might say something dumb and make an ass out of himself (and he did, but fortunately he was sitting next to the messiah so he got off).

And now, I shall illustrate what a scenario with risk might look like:

Spoiler
    Show

Even though there is less limblessness, the menace is far more tangible.

I will see that bet, and post a picture of Hoity Toity if he doesn't.

I am certain you will win, I am looking for an excuse to post pictures of ponies.
    (So am I. I'm covering my pony obsession with a thin camouflage of discussing the comic.)

22. - Top - End - #112

Spoiler
    Show

Even though there is less limblessness, the menace is far more tangible.

(So am I. I'm covering my pony obsession with a thin camouflage of discussing the comic.)
    That image alone is better art-wise, plot-wise, and character-wise than the last few months of DD, and I desperately want to see a real comic based off of it.

And now I keep doing last-minute checks on these forums before I leave the computer because I want to see if any pony-related updates have happened.

So far, I haven't been disappointed.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Dom was THIS close to snuggly. His Body should have been crushed like a cork.

24. - Top - End - #114

AssassinGuy

If this hadn't already been confirmed to be a mini intermission arc, this might actually be dramatic. Dominic Deegan: the only comic that uses confrontations with a reality eating Eldritch Abomination as filler.

On to more interesting topics. I love the My Little Pony X Portal art. Just one question: where is Hoity Toity keeping the Portal Gun?

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    That image alone is better art-wise, plot-wise, and character-wise than the last few months of DD, and I desperately want to see a real comic based off of it.

And now I keep doing last-minute checks on these forums before I leave the computer because I want to see if any pony-related updates have happened.

So far, I haven't been disappointed.
    Pony related updates you say? With crossovers? (Linked for size)
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-02-21 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Super-secret art switcheroo

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

This last update didn't even make sense. Giant Crab from Plane-Space wasn't fooled by Domi shenanigans in the last update, but somehow failed to destroy the Domi-body unlike Snuggly. Why? How? If that pincer encompassed all of Snuggly's tentacled amalgam giant body, Domi's pipsqueak body should have disappeared along with it or ground to dust in the least.

Seriously, how does a giant pincer wound get to look like a missing hand and two legs?

(This doesn't even mention the asspull of separate body and mind projections. At the very least Mookie should have showed us this 'mental projection' looking at the 'physical projection' to make us accept them)

Now your Gravity Goblins plot has possibilities Jhonny but I'm thinking what will happen is that the invisible Jock King will meet a delegation of gravity goblins (complaining about too many flying wizards) and call them uglystupid and mustacheless. Dominic will read about it in a floating newspaper and rant away about how poorly the poor GGs are treated and in a raging fit will announce that he won't have HIS wedding in Callan.

Luna will cry and mope but say in the end how wonderful Domi is. In a seismic explosion Greg's band will take everyone into the P. of D. and there will be an explosome wedding and feast (of tofu-crab). Giant crab will clack his pincers to the rhythm of Greg's music and everyone will end up happy, deaf and blind.

The End.
    Last edited by guttering flame; 2011-02-21 at 03:01 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Are we supposed to feel worried or something?

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    If this hadn't already been confirmed to be a mini intermission arc, this might actually be dramatic. Dominic Deegan: the only comic that uses confrontations with a reality eating Eldritch Abomination as filler.
    "What? That? Oh, that's just a gargantuan world-devouring monster from beyond the planes, pay it no mind. Here, let me show you REAL horror... *Cue launch of Wedding Arcs*"
    Last edited by Darkmyst; 2011-02-21 at 05:07 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

Meh, Equal odds that the lobster creature will inflict a near mind shattering mental link with dom to talk with him. Wether its to forbid him from returning, tell him that defeating snuggly is important for reasons of planar survival, or just to invite his old buddy dom back to his place for tea and cake.

30. - Top - End - #120

This update was confusing at first, but I'm pretty sure what happened was that the shards of the Beast's body hit Dominic.