New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Lands of Mystiir

So Gnoll's and they are here to fight

Quilon walks over to the left side of the caravan and takes out a wand, with some quick movement he makes the mage armor spell apear
    Spoiler
    Show
    +4 AC - 1 charge :)

After that Quilon hides behind the wagon where he is still able to see whats going on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quilon takes 3/4 cover behind it and gets +4 AC from there

Making ready for the Gnolls to be in range, they would get a hell they had never felt before.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quilon Prepares an action: when the first one is inside the range limit of 80ft He will use his bow to try to shoot at them, (with a plus 5)(1d20+5)[15] is the roll, if it hits he does (1d8)[2] point of damage, but since im at work today I might not be as active

If the shots hit quilon drops his bow and uses his Shield wand, if the shots does not hit Quilon does the same and stay close to the wagon.
    Bagger: "its not about playing the broken characters, its just fun to break the system"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"If they are gnolls, I will show them how my bloodthirst surpasses even theirs. May their Butcher Lord laugh as it gnaws on their sweet bones!"

Lin prepares to attack one of the unmounted creatures as soon as she has a reasonable chance to hit it.

Let's begin with one of the little ones!

Spoiler
    Show

No matter whether Lim finds a cover or not, as soon as the attackers get inside six range increments of her longbow (660 ft, if I am not mistaken) she rises and starts firing arrows at them, aiming for the closest of the unmounted creatures if she can.

I roll a d20 for the first attack. If I am not mistaken, it will have a -1 to her attack roll (- 10 for five extra range increments, +9 bow) and the damage if she hits will be 1d8+1, 1d8+3 if her target is an animal.

Attack: (1d20-1)[6]
    Damage if hits: (1d8+1)[9]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

As the mounted enemies close in, Leela digs her pouch for some ... lint? No. Dust? No. Ah, there it is, an old eyelash. She knew it's come in handly. Throwing it in the air, she pronounces an incantation, and vanishes from sight.

Invisible, she sets out into the front lines of defense. As the raiders go in range, she casts a Grease spell on a 10'x10' area of land directly ahead of them.

Let's see 'em charging through that..., she mumbles.

Spoiler
    Show
    A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Balance check. Failure means it can’t move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Lim's arrow falls about 30' short of her mark, and the hyena seems to be oblivious to where it came from.

The Gnolls are within 300' of the caravan now, and they are definitely gnolls.
    They are shouting warcries in Gnoll at the top of their lungs, and the six unmounted figures are snarling are gnashing their teeth. The six smaller figures are what appears to be Hyenas.
    As the Mounted Gnolls come within 300', they grab their shortbows, loosing arrows.

One of the Gnolls can't help but charge through the greased area, and his camel topples over.

Quilon is still waiting for the Gnolls to be within range.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2011-02-20 at 12:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Gnoll's Falling Damage (1d6)[3]
    5 Gnoll Bows
    (1d20-2)[10]
    (1d6+2)[6]
    (1d20-2)[4]
    (1d6+2)[5]
    (1d20-2)[7]
    (1d6+2)[5]
    (1d20-1)[8]
    (1d6+3)[6]
    (1d20-1)[14]
    (1d6+3)[7]

One of the Gnolls' arrows strikes a commoner down, leaving in a crumpled heap on the ground, bleeding.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2011-02-20 at 12:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Harperous moves towards the edge and readys a shot for when the Gnolls are within range (70 ft)

Spoiler
    Show
    attack:(1d20+7)[15]
    Damage (1d6+2)[7] aiming for one of the mounted Gnolls

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Lim is in awe.
    "So these are the Gnolls! So fierce..."

Then her tone becomes cheerful and down-to-earth.
    "But let's get rid of their pets first - they look so cute on the outside, I wonder how they look like inside?"

"If they are made like wolves, then to really hurt them I should hit them here... and here!

She herself shouts a fierce (if quite badly pronounced) Gnoll war cry as her arrows fly towards a hyena.

Spoiler
    Show

Full attack against the closest hyena, using Rapid Shot (-2 to hit). Not sure what distance they are now, please apply the appropriate range modifier for me.

Attack 1
    Attack: (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9]

Attack 2
    Attack: (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[10]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

The first attack was a critical one, rolling dexterity check:

(1d20+4)[10]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

The pack of Gnolls and Hyenas are three hundred feet away, and you arrows sail through the air towards them. One misses, but the other strikes a Hyena in the back, it yelps in pain, but keeps running towards the caravan.

The Gnolls are about 200' away now. Rolling Initiative:

Lim: (1d20+4)[19]
    Harperous: (1d20+9)[21]
    Kalinda: (1d20+4)[15]
    Leela: (1d20+7)[8]
    Quilon: (1d20+3)[10]

I'm rolling the Gnolls' initiative secretly, then editing post for posting order.

Cylch
    Incompleat
    Jopustopin
    Toraminus
    Bagger
    Vladislav
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2011-02-20 at 01:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

If possible Harperous will move to the edge of the grease and ready a shot for when the first creature enters his range
    OOc
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does the one I already readied count for this initiative since I stated they had to be within 70 ft and you're saying they are at 200 right now?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

The grease is about 250' away, one of the gnolls and his camel toppled over in it. The shot you readied does not count.

Oh, and by the way, 70' is not your max range, up to 10 range increments away is, you just take -1 for every complete 70' past the first away.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2011-02-20 at 02:05 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm aware I just didn't want to take the chance of missing with my shot (I am also pretty sure it is -2 per increment not -1 unless that is a house rule?)
    If the shot i readied does not count Harperous will still move closer to the Gnolls and attempt another shot at a mounted one hopefully distracting it from the caravan

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage [roll]1d6+2[roll]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

oops forgot something
    Spoiler
    Show
    damage: (1d6+2)[8]

hope it's right this time

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

The arrow sticks into the sand several feet in front of a Mounted gnoll.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, it is -2 per increment, my bad.
    Also, if you moved 30', then you are 170' away from the gnolls.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Lim keeps shooting arrows at the hyenas with abandon, her throaty laugh rising loud over the battlefield.

Spoiler
    Show

Again, full attack with rapid shot. Aiming for the same hyena that was attacked before; if it dies, aim for the next one.

Attack 1
    Attack: (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9]

Attack 2
    Attack: (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Yes moved 30 ft towards the gnolls

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

The Hyena dodges out of the way of the arrows swiftly, snarling at you, and turns away from the pack to find you.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalinda stands up. If I can I'll use my entangling breath either as a cone or a line to get as many of them as I can. Otherwise I'll move towards a group of Gnolls.

If I can use my breath immediately:
    Spoiler
    Show

They are entangled (unless they take 0 fire damage) for:
    [roll]1d4[/roll] Rounds. Entangled

Spoiler
    Show

Breath Weapon (Su): At will Kalinda can choose to create a 15 foot cone or a 30 foot line of fire. This breath weapon deals 2d6 points of fire damage. A reflex save DC 17 halves the damage.
    Entangling Exhalation (Su): When Kalinda uses her breath weapon she can choose to enmesh all creatures in its area instead of producing it's normal effect. The breath weapon deals half it's normal damage (minimum 1) however any creature that takes damage from the breath weapon becomes entangled and takes an extra 1d6 points of damage of the same energy type each round at the start of Kalinda's turn. This effect last for 1d4 rounds.

Last edited by Jopustopin; 2011-02-20 at 04:06 PM.
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Rounds for entanglement:
    (1d4)[2]

Damage for breath weapon:
    (2d6)[6]

If they make their reflex save they take 25% of the damage above. If they fail their reflex save they take half of the damage above.
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

You move closer to the Gnolls, you are now 90 feet from the camp, and 110 feet from the gnolls.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gnolls split into two groups, and ride towards the caravan, three camel riders are with one group, two with the other. Both groups have three hyena's with them, one in the smaller group is injured.
    The gnoll that fell of its camel is getting up and screaming at its camel.

The Gnolls are now 110 feet from the caravan, and each group is 30 feet from Kalinda.

The Gnolls in each group let loose arrows, the smaller group fires at Kalinda, while the larger group fires at some commoners.
    Spoiler
    Show
    At Commoners
    (1d20)[12]
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d20+1)[18]

At Kalinda
    (1d20+1)[21]
    (1d20+2)[13]
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2011-02-20 at 04:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

I screwed up the damage rolls
    Here goes again
    Spoiler
    Show
    At commoners
    (1d6+2)[4] Hit
    (1d6+2)[5] Hit
    (1d6+3)[8] Hit

At Kalinda
    (2d6+6)[14] Critical Hit
    (1d63)[20] Missed (This was supposed to be 1d6+3, but my computer skipped the + I typed)

Three more of the commoners are struck down by arrows, and one sticks deep into Kalinda's shoulder.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2011-02-20 at 04:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

as they passed into the 140ft range Quilon got an idea, he rose from his cover and focused his energy into casting the Sleep spell, aiming for Hyena in the front
    Spoiler
    Show
    as Far as I remember the Hyena have 2HD and if that is true and the sleep spell always goes for the people with lowest HD, two of them should take a will safe DC 17 to not fall a sleep and be counted as Helpless for the next four minutes aka 40 rounds

before making sure the spell had succeeded Quilon ducked down to make sure to get in a total cover bore the arrows arrived as he yelled to the commoners around him

"TAKE Cover from the Arrows don’t just stand there idots!
    Bagger: "its not about playing the broken characters, its just fun to break the system"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

The commoners run for cover, parents hiding their children inside barrels, some just running for the nearest wagon or tarp.
    There's a child ten feet from Quilon, crying over a dead female body.

The Guards are running to the edges of the camp, throwing javelins at the mounted gnolls and striking four of them, the Gnolls rip out the javelins and throw them down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will Saves
    (1d20+1)[7]
    (1d20+1)[21]

Javelins
    (1d20+1)[21]
    (1d20+1)[11]
    (1d20+1)[20]
    (1d20+1)[19]
    (1d20+1)[16]

Javelin Damage for those that hit
    (1d6+1)[5]
    (1d6+1)[3]
    (1d6+1)[4]
    (1d6+1)[7]
    (1d6+1)[5]
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2011-02-20 at 05:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

I am about to close the computer and go to sleep. This is what I am going to do on my next turn, if no major events happen:

Lim curses at her poor aiming and shoots again at the injured hyena, and again.

She is entirely unhinged now, and is screaming Gnollish obscenities at the beast.
    [color="Sepia"]Your father ate carrots! Your mother's fur had bows in it! Die, you jackal-lover, I want to kill something else now![/url]

Spoiler
    Show

As usual, two attacks, -2 to hit, both against the hyena. I want it dead!

If it dies with the first attack, use the other one against a Gnoll - the closest one.

Attack 1
    Attack: (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage; (1d8+3)[11]

Attack 2
    Attack: (1d20+7)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11]
    (-2 to Damage if it is against a Gnoll)

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

A hyena rolls like a tumbleweed for several feet before sliding to a stop, alseep.

Four of the Javelins strike the gnoll's and hyenas, but they laugh mockingly as they rip the javelins out of their flesh. 4 of the gnolls' fur is stained with blood.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to wait for leela to do something before responding to Lim.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2011-02-21 at 10:47 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Post Re: Lands of Mystiir

Leela casts another Grease spell. Careful as not to destroy her invisibility, she makes sure to affect, as her mentor taught her, not where the enemy is, but where they are about to be.

Go go greased-foot camels ...

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

The syllables of your spell whisper through the wind nearby, arcane energy gathering. The sand in front of a Hyena grows slick with grease.
    The Hyena skillfully jumps over the patch of grease, landing with grace.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save
    (1d20+5)[21]

Lim's first arrow misses the Hyena as it charges toward her, but the second hits with a sickening thud, audible even from 100 feet away. The Hyena tumbles headfirst into the sand, and lands splayed out, obviously dead.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2011-02-21 at 12:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Upon seeing the raiders split into two groups Harperous notices the lone human in front and decides to give her a hand. He moves to where she can hear him shouting "TO ME! TO ME!" before firing another arrow at the closer group.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move 30 feet closer to Kalinda and fire at a Gnoll from whichever group is now closer to me
    Attack (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage (1d6+2)[5]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

You approach the woman. The hyena's from one group have noticed you, they seem to want to attack, but the gnolls are barking at them.
    As you release the arrow, it sails through the air, striking a Gnoll in the shoulder, He grunts in pain, and turns his camel towards you.