New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Homebrew Reconstruct for The Tribes of Tell Amakh

As the recruitment thread is gone we need to recreate the homebrew rules.
    Act well before thinking!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Homebrew Reconstruct for The Tribes of Tell Amakh

Not being a spell caster, I didnt take too much note of the spell cast rules. About the only thing I know for sure is that we all get a deflection bonus to AC equal to our level.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

The last copy I had of the metalcrafter's spell list is on my character sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=250909

It also has the 3 abilities I had picked up so far with the class (Elemental Companion, Strength of Steel, Channel Elemental), but I don't remember exactly what they do (except for Strength of Steel, which is a bonus to damage when wielding metal weapons. The exact value can probably be derived from my attack list).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

I remember that the homebrew Fighter got bonus feats as normal, DR at I believe every other level, as well as Weapon Training that improved attack and damage with specific weapon types. At levels 2 and 3, I think, it got abilities that gave bonuses to Handle Animal/Ride/dealing with pets. Its hit die was d12.

The Bard had Tribal Knowledge, a d8 hit die, bonus feats at certain increments (I know there was one at second level, as my sheet says so). Other than that all I know for certain is it had the same general abilities as the basic bard -- Countersong, Inspire Courage/Competence, Well-Versed, etc. It had no spells, and I believe its level 10 ability was some sort of really good bardsong.
    I am a True Neutral Human Wizard, Level 1.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    That is one epic dream ... I applaud your subconscious!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archdeacon GX View Post
    I remember that the homebrew Fighter got bonus feats as normal, DR at I believe every other level, as well as Weapon Training that improved attack and damage with specific weapon types. At levels 2 and 3, I think, it got abilities that gave bonuses to Handle Animal/Ride/dealing with pets. Its hit die was d12.
    Looking over my sheet, I have to agree that the fighter hit die was a 12, otherwise theres no way I would have 39 HP at 3rd, so now I have 52 at 4th. Also, not sure how feats worked out, because I have 9 at 4th level, could some of those come from the Weapon Training?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

May I make a terribly rude proposition?
    Lagren: I took Livers Need Not Apply, only reflavoured.
    DocRoc: to?
    Lagren: So whenever Harry wisecracks, he regains HP.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope. Not allowed.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    Looking over my sheet, I have to agree that the fighter hit die was a 12, otherwise theres no way I would have 39 HP at 3rd, so now I have 52 at 4th. Also, not sure how feats worked out, because I have 9 at 4th level, could some of those come from the Weapon Training?
    I had 8 feats at level 3. 1 from being human, 2 from being a level 3 character, 3 from bonus feats given by classes, 1 automatic feat given by the Dreadnought class, and 1 for trading out Shield Proficiency.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archdeacon GX View Post
    I had 8 feats at level 3. 1 from being human, 2 from being a level 3 character, 3 from bonus feats given by classes, 1 automatic feat given by the Dreadnought class, and 1 for trading out Shield Proficiency.
    Now that you mention it, didnt we get a few extra feats because we werent going to have armour or shield proficiencies? If you had 8, that would make me right, getting my 9th at 4th level.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now that you mention it, didnt we get a few extra feats because we werent going to have armour or shield proficiencies? If you had 8, that would make me right, getting my 9th at 4th level.
    Yes, we were allowed to give up Shield Proficiency in favor of another feat.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

As I recall:

Rogue:
    • Wilderness rogue variant approved.
    • Weapon proficiency exchange approved (hand crossbow, rapier, and sap exchanged for barbed dagger, hunting knife and disguised dagger)

Elementalist(water)
    • Weapon proficiency (simple weapons)
    • Armor proficiency (light)
    • Skills: Concentration, Craft, Disguise, Escape Artist, Knowledge(arcana), Knowledge(elements), Knowledge(the tribes), Perception, Persuasion, Search, Sense Motive, Spiritcraft
    • Elemental companion: necessary for spellcasting
    • Elemental resistance: +½ class level to saves vs acid or poison
    • Channel elemental: immune to falling damage and +½ class level to dodge AC; 1/lvl rounds, (3+1/level)/day

12. - Top - End - #12

Also

Skills:
    Acrobatics replaces Balance and Tumble
    Athletics replaces Climb, Jump and Swim
    Craft(healing) replaces Heal
    Disable device also includes Open lock
    Knowledge(elements) added
    Knowledge(the tribes) added
    Mental Focus replaces Concentration
    Perception replaces Spot and Listen
    Persuasion replaces Bluff, Diplomacy and Intimidate
    Spiritcraft replaces Spellcraft
    Stealth replaces Hide and Move silently

There might be a few that I've missed, but at least that's most of them

13. - Top - End - #13

Also, if I recall correctly, we gained 1 point buy per level instead of +1 ability every 4 levels.

Also, we all gained +BAB to AC
    Last edited by Stormwind; 2011-03-03 at 06:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwind View Post
    Also, if I recall correctly, we gained 1 point buy per level instead of +1 ability every 4 levels.

Also, we all gained +BAB to AC
    Actually, it was your level as a deflection bonus to AC, not your BAB. Doesnt make a difference for fighter types, but PCs that dont have the good BAB still go up.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

15. - Top - End - #15

Spellcasting (elementalist)
    • Spells per day was as per sorcerer list except that you'd get 0 spells per day of the next spell level at each odd character level.
    e.g. a 3rd level elementalist would get: 6x 0th level spells, 5x 1st level spells, and 0x 2nd level spells (plus any bonus spells for high casting stat)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Actually I remember it being BAB to AC as well, and my sheet has my AC bonus at level 3 noted as +4 instead of +3, because my BAB was +4 at that level (unless I have grievously miscalculated and misunderstood the workings of fractional BAB and Saves).

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Alert: I've managed to recover most of the information from the original recruiting thread. I will post it in the following post(s).
    Last edited by Stormwind; 2011-03-07 at 04:37 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

The Tribes of Tell Amakh

Short basic information: gestalt game set in a low magic barbaric culture, starting level 3//3, no full casters possible (see rules section). Later you will have contact with other cultures and have access to some additional material.

A short introduction
    The six tribes of the Tell Amakh (the 'All Tribes') live in a large, otherwise unpopulated area, ranging from tundra in the north, forests in the middle and mountains in the east to hills in the west and plains south. In the north eternal ice inhabited by wild icemen blocks further expansion, in the east a high range of mountains inhabited by all kinds of monsters forms the border. Beyond the mountains lies a desert of unknown expanse. To the south lies a large sea that is feared by all tribes and in the west a mountain range forms the borders with The Empire, a large, highly civilized power. The borders can only be crossed at a split in the mountains, where an Empire fortress blocks entry into the land beyond.

Noone knows exactly where the tribes came from. They have no written history and their lorekeepers' memories begin with the first settling, a little more than a thousand years before. The clans live in constant rivalry, fighting each other over land, food and for Honor. Most of the time these fights are simply shows of power, with no or few deaths, but once in a while real conflicts result in glorious battles that are sung about in the songs of the tribes' bards.

You are all about 14 years old, whelps without names, come to the great meet with the tribe that gave birth to you to take part in the ritual of namegiving, the defining moment in the life of a Tell Amakh.

The 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    DnD 3.5e, many homebrew and setting specific changes

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    low-magic fantasy world, you will be young members of a group of barbarian tribes. See setting for specifics.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    5-6 players, 1-2 alternatives.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    GitP forums.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    Level 3//3 gestalt. The game will go to level 10//10 and maybe beyond.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    No wealth at all, you will have your standard equipment, nothing else. The tribes don't use currency and have no magic equipment. Some legendary items are there, but those must be earned and can not be bought. Master Elementalists can bind elemental spirits into weapons, Armor or sometimes other items to create magic items, but this is not done lightly as the elementalist loses access to the powers of his elemental in the process.
    Later in the campaign, when you meet other cultures and peoples you will have the oportunity to get some stuff that is not available right now.
    See the equipment chapter for more details.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Due to the specific setting only the following classes can be played:
    Fighter (homebrew version)
    Rogue (wilderness variant or feat variant)
    Scout (standard or light cavalry variant)
    Ranger (non casting)
    Bard (non casting, homebrew)
    Barbarian (totem variants only if they fit yout tribe, talk to me about it)
    Swordsage (partially restricted, no quasi-magic stuff, only things that fit the setting)
    Warblade (partially restricted, no quasi-magic stuff, only things that fit the setting)
    Crusader (partially restricted, no quasi-magic stuff, only things that fit the setting)
    Air Elementalist (homebrew casters)
    Water Elementalist (homebrew casters)
    Fire Elementalist (homebrew casters)
    Earth Elementalist (homebrew casters)
    Wood Elementalist (homebrew casters)
    Metal Elementalist (homebrew casters)

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    You are all humans. Depending on your tribe, certain skills are class skills and you get 2 feats for free once you have lived with your clan for a while. Also, each Clan has certain strengths that are seen as vital, enhancement of those traits is considered important for clan members and this will lead to some bonuses to each character once you are accepted and trained for a year.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Point-buy 32 at level 3//3, players receive 1 additional point-buy point per level instead of one attribute point every 4 levels.
    Hitpoints are full until level 3, average (rounded up) after that.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    I do not use alignment at all. Please pick a nature and demeanor from the list provided in the next post. Nature reflects your true self while demeanour is the way you present yourself to others, the way you are seen by those you meet.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    Multiclass within limits, don't overdo it. BAB and saves are fractional, using the better advancement in the gestalt build.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Please do all rolls in the OOC thread, in spoilers if you want. I will roll whenever I do not want you to know if you had a high result or not.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Gestalt, fractional BAB and saves.
    Feats at every odd level.
    Point-buy for attributes all the way, with one point-buy point per level gained.
    As for equipment, there is no magic equipment available at the start, but once you get into the story this will change. The barbarian tribes use no heavy armor and some weapons and other equipment will not be available. Classes that gain familiarity with heavy armor lose this ability but gain a fighter feat instead. You can also sacrifice the ability to wear medium armor for another fighter feat.
    To reflect the martial spirit of the clans each character adds his or her BAB to AC as a dodge bonus. This bonus is treated axactly like the bonus from DEX, meaning that it is limited by armor worn.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    You are all unnamed whelps living with one of the 6 Tribes of Tell Amakh. You can chose the tribe you grew up with, your real tribe will be determined after the ritual of namegiving. If you survive you get a name and will be chosen by an animal (one of the 6 totem animals of the tribes) that will be your companion throughout your life, but that is for later.

All I need at the beginning is a description of your personality and the tribe you were born into. Add an idea what tribe you would like to join after your test and linked to that the animal you would like to be your companion.

I will chose players mainly by their ability to create characters that fit the setting and by the quality of their background stories.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    A good combination of all of the above, I hope. Combat will be strongly represented as will be roleplaying as you meet and cklash with different cultures and peoples.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Use whatever you want as long as it fits the other rules. Run all non-standard stuff by me before you use it.

The Tribes
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Tribes of Tell Amakh have a highly detailed and complex set of rules that guide their lives. The are unfamiliar with the concept of telling a lie and their language has no word for falsehood.

They value the animal herds they live with highly, forming unique bonds with single animals that last a lifetime. When a member of a tribe loses his or her companion, the period of mourning ends only when another companion decides to offer a new bond. Sometimes this takes months or years, sometimes it doesn't happen at all. Animals that lose their human companions to old age die withing days while those who lose their friends in combat go berserk, killing enemies until they sucumb to their wounds. After a particularly fierce battle a lone Gargan bull was found in the center of a field of carnage, surrounded by dozens of dead wolves and wolf tribe warriors, standing alone over the dead body of its master, dead on its feet.

Once there were 9 tribes, each tribe following an animal totem:

Tell Grach (Gargan Tribe): Clan Gargan are herders, travelling the hills in the west with the huge cattle called gargans. A wartrained gargan bull is a fearsome oponent and even though the tribe is relatively small it is among the mightiest. Members of Clan Gargan tend to be strong and brutal, but highly honorable.

Tell Rhacid (Warbird Tribe): Clan Rhacid train their warbirds in the plains to the south, riding the large, flightless hunters with fearless abandon. They are the most numerous clan, but due to internal differences not a major power at present. The central settlement of the Rhacid is called 'The Nest' and is the center of all their activities. They breed their birds there and train them to become mounts that can leap over many obstacles, using the claws on their feet and their fearsome beaks in combat.

Tell Ló (Horse Tribe): The Horse Clan shares territory with both the Gargans and the Kelenken and are therefore in constant conflict. Main focus of the conflict is the fact that Clan Horse is lead by a woman who rides to war with the tribe following her willingly. Even though they have vast herdes of horses, the tribe itself suffers from constant losses due to conflicts with their neighbors. Horseclanners are quick and enduring, but not as strong as their bretheren of the Grach. The also posess a unique sense of bitter humor that is considered an art in the clan.

Tell Farh (Wolf tribe): Riding their large Dire Wolves, members of this clan tend to be smaller than their bretheren, but their ferociousness is legendary. They live in the forests of the north and are loyal to a fault. In combat they use pack tactics to bring down larger foes.

Tell Bagol (Owl tribe): Clan Owl is another clan lead by a woman, but as they settled in the tundra to the far north they lead relatively peaceful lives. Owls honor wisdom over strength and hold their elderly in high regard. It is the only clan where a leader is not chosen in battle but rather by experience, with a young warrior selected to assist in more physically taxing matters.

Tell Rók (Fox Tribe): Foxes live by their wits and the members of this clan are no exception. Spread out over all the territory of the clans, they have no cultural center but roam the land in secret, collecting whatever they need and leaving before they can be discovered. They accept women and men as equal, granting both the same rights and duties. Foxes are usually left alone by members of the other clans, unless they make a real nuissance of themselves. Foxhunts are the topic of many stories among the tribes, retelling a fox's heroic or clever deeds in escaping punishment for their crimes.

Dead tribes

Tell Kógy (Snake Tribe): Clan snake was once a proud clan, considered Owl's equal in their wisdom, but at some point they fell from the path, contacting and dealing with powers they did not understand, in a bid for supremacy among the clans. Thinking they should lead instead of simply offering advice to the other clans, they fell quickly when the source of their power - unknown, but generally seen as evil - broke whatever contract there was between them and left the snakes out in the open. After a furious bidding discussion, Clan Gargan received the right to challenge Clan Snake, resulting in the total destruction of the snake clan. The Gargans are not proud of what they had to do, but see it as fullfilling their duty to the clans in general.

Tell Disz and Tell Mád (Boar and Raptor Tribes): These clans were fierce rivals and posessed of a terrible temper. Shortly after the tribes took the land that is their home today, these 2 clans clashed and destroyed each other almost to a man. The few survivors were taken in by the other clans, fostered and fully integrated over the centuries.

Life in the Tribes of Tell Amakh
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first 14 years of a young whelp in the tribes are spent with the tribe where they were born. The receive basic training at weapons and are tested for spiritual talent by travelling Owl Clan members. Skills that are needed for survival in the wilds are taught as well as tribal history and the handling of various animals. During this time, a child has no name and is simply called a whelp by all.

This changes in the summer after the child has completed its 14th year of life. Each summer, the tribes send their strongest and wisest to accompany the whelps to The Meet, a gathering of tribes at the center of their territory. Accompanying them are vast hordes of animals. During this time, all feuds are at rest and no clanner can harm another. Stories are told, songs are sung and political matters are resolved in peaceful ways.

After the ritual of namegiving is completed, each whelp is chosen by an animal of its future tribe. Then the head of that tribe names the new members, giving names that fit the tribe and the former whelp or even the animal that has bonded to the new adult clanner.
    Then the meet is ended and the tribes withdraw to their territories, still under the protection of the meet's peaceful spirit. For the next year, the new clan members are trained further by members of their new tribe to be presented at the next year's meet.

19. - Top - End - #19

List of skills
    Spoiler
    Show
    * Balance (Dex) * Tumble (Dex) --> Acrobatics (Dex)
    * Climb (Str) * Jump (Str) * Swim (Str) --> Athletics (Str)
    * Concentration (Con)
    * Craft (Int) * Heal (Wis) * Profession (Wis) --> Craft (Wis)
    * Decipher Script (Int)
    * Bluff (Cha) * Diplomacy (Cha) * Intimidate (Cha) --> Persuasion (Cha)
    * Disable Device (Int) * Open Lock (Dex) --> Disable Device (Int)
    * Disguise (Cha)
    * Escape Artist (Dex)
    * Forgery (Int)
    * Gather Information (Cha)
    * Handle Animal (Cha)
    * Hide (Dex) * Move Silently (Dex) --> Stealth (Dex)
    * Knowledge (arcana) (Int)
    * Knowledge (geography) (Int)
    * Knowledge (history) (Int)
    * Knowledge (martial) (Int)
    * Knowledge (nature) (Int)
    * Knowledge (religion) (Int)
    * Knowledge (spirits) (Int)
    * Knowledge (the tribes) (Int)
    * Listen (Wis) * Spot (Wis) --> Perception (Wis)
    * Perform (Cha)
    * Ride (Dex)
    * Search (Int)
    * Sense Motive (Wis)
    * Sleight of Hand (Dex)
    * Speak Language (none)
    * Spiritcraft (Int)
    * Survival (Wis)
    * Use Magic Device (Cha)
    * Use Rope (Dex)

Nature and Demeanor are used instead of alignment, just like in WoD games. I will reward characters that roleplay their nature and/or demeanor particularly well in game.

List of useable Natures and Demeanors
    Spoiler
    Show
    Architect (aka Maker and Builder): You desire to leave a legacy, tangible or intangible. This could be anything from an artistic masterpiece to a successful organization you founded to a new tradition you started.
    Autocrat: You must be in control in all times of all situations.
    Avant-Garde: You must be the first to know everything. Nothing is established, no gossip is spread without you having known it first.
    Benefactor: You have a bounty of riches or some other resources which you feel compelled to share.
    Bon Vivant (aka Hedonist and Reveler): Live for today, 'cos buddy, tomorrow may never happen.
    Bravo: You have little tolerance for weakness, especially in yourself. You could be a proud warrior or a just plain bully.
    Bureaucrat: You follow the rules no matter what.
    Caregiver: You desire to take care of others, ease their pain, and heal them.
    Cavalier: You are the hero, the gallant defender of truth, justice, and all that is good.
    Child (aka Cub): Whether you are one or not age-wise, you haven't grown up emotionally and prefer to let someone else take care of you.
    Competitor: There is no greater thrill than the thrill of victory, and you'll do anything to feel it.
    Confidant: You like and understand people and like to give advice-and you're usually good at it too.
    Conniver: You like to manipulate your way through the sticky bits of life, preferring to let some sucker do the dirty work for you.
    Crackerjack: Whatever it is you do, you're the best, and people can't help but be impressed.
    Critic: Everything has a fault and you will find it.
    Curmudgeon: You're irascible and cynical and vocally so. Joy and laughter? Bah, humbug!
    Deviant: Whether it's because of your ethics, beliefs, or general view of people and society, you just plain don't fit in.
    Director/Leader: You always know the best way to go about doing something, and it only makes sense that persons follow your lead.
    Explorer: The world is full of wonder, and you've got to see it all.
    Fanatic: You have a cause, or maybe the cause has you... You live, eat, breathe this cause (of course, if you pick this one, you have to define what that cause is).
    Follower: You're happy to help the leaders accomplish their goals, and stabilize the group with your support.
    Gallant: You are flamboyant as hell, and love to be the center of attention.
    Guardian: You have the strength, be it inner, physical, or both, to handle this hostile world, and desire to use that strength to protect the weaker folk around you.
    Honest Abe: Honesty is the best policy; integrity is the greatest virtue. You are true to your values and to everyone around you- all the time.
    Jester: You are the fool, the comic, the smartass, always looking for the humor in a situation.
    Jobsworth: A bit similar to bureaucrat, you always stick to your routine. Routine is safe and efficient.
    Judge (Mediator): You are an arbitrator and peacemaker, acting as a fair voice in conflictual situations.
    Loner (aka Lone Wolf): You have your own path and no desire to share it with anyone else.
    Manipulator: People fascinate you, and you love to see the many ways they react to the situation you've so carefully set up for them.
    Martyr: You would rather suffer or even die than sacrifice your values or your friends' needs.
    Masochist: You're always trying to see just how much more trauma you can take before you collapse.
    Optimist: You can always see that silver lining despite that icky dark cloud looming in front of it.
    Pedagogue: You are the ultimate teacher, living to pass on your knowledge so everyone might benefit from the wisdom of your experiences.
    Penitent: What ever it was you did, it was bad, and you devote all your energy to atoning for your sin.
    Perfectionist: Everything you do, say, are... must be without flaw.
    Plotter: Everything you do must be planned out to the last detail.
    Poltroon: Running away may be cowardly, but you're alive, aren't you? Why deal with something potentially unpleasant and possibly fatal when you can just avoid it?
    Praise-Seeker: You absolutely crave the approval of your comrades.
    Predator: The fittest survive, and you're pretty damn fit.
    Rebel: You will do as you will, and ultimately desire freedom from unpleasant societal bonds.
    Revolutionary: You hold freedom dearly and desire justice, and will do whatever is necessary to hold on to these precious liberties. Unlike the Rebel, your urge is not to resist ALL authority, but rather to fight corruption in the system where you find it.
    Rogue: Screw the world! You do what you need to look out for yourself and get done what has to get done. If someone else suffers in the process, that's just too bad.
    Sage: Knowledge is your treasure and your joy, and you enjoy both learning as well as teaching others your wisdom.
    Sensualist: Sensation is your addiction, and you'll do anything to experience a new one.
    Show-Off: You need approval and praise and will do anything to get it.
    Survivor: No matter what happens, you'll pull through it somehow. You're one tough cookie, and don't understand it when others give up so easily.
    Sycophant: You're the perfect yes-man, doing whatever you can to please the more powerful forces that be so they'll protect you.
    Thrillseeker: The stakes are just never high enough. More adrenaline, please!
    Traditionalist: Why change what's worked for ages? You're the ultimate conservative.
    Trickster: Your antics do more than amuse; your pranks and tricks have a point of teaching someone a lesson, or humorously but deftly reveal some wisdom.
    Visionary: You have the drive and imagination to keep aiming for the sky and beyond.
    Waif: Whether you are or not, you have the appearance of being innocent and weak, and you haven't quite learned to act on your own without relying on others' pity.
    Wanderer: Settling down just is not your thing-whether you're running away from something or simply longing to see new places, the road is your home.

20. - Top - End - #20

Playable homebrew classes

Fighter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fighters in the clans are elite warriors, mostly light cavalry used by those tribes that ride their companions into battle.

Alignment: Any.
    Hit Die: d12.
    Class Skills: The fighter’s class skills are Athletics (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Knowledge (martial) (Int),Knowledge (the tribes) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Persuasion (Cha), Ride (Dex) and Survival (Wis).

Skill Ranks Per Level: 4 + Int modifier.

{table]BAB|FORT|RFL|WILL|DR|Special
    +1|2|2|0|1/-|Bonus Feat, Weapon Training
    +2|3|3|0|1/-|Bravery +1
    +3|3|3|1|2/-|Expert Trainer
    +4|4|4|1|2/-|Bonus Feat, Weapon Training
    +5|4|4|2|3/-|Will to Live, Bravery +2
    +6/+1|5|5|2|3/-|Bonus Feat
    +7/+2|5|5|3|4/-|Weapon Training,
    +8/+3|6|6|3|4/-|Bonus Feat, Bravery +3
    +9/+4|6|6|4|5/-|Master Trainer
    +10/+5|7|7|4|5/-|Bonus Feat, Weapon Mastery, Bravery (immunity)[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with light and medium armor and all shields (excluding tower shields).

Bonus Feat: At first level and every even level thereafter, a fighter receives a bonus feat from the list of Fighter feats.

Weapon Training: Starting at 1st level, a fighter can select one group of weapons, as noted below. Whenever he attacks with a weapon from this group, he gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls.
    Every 3 levels thereafter (4th and 7th), a fighter becomes further trained in another group of weapons. He gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls when using a weapon from that group. In addition, the bonuses granted by previous weapon groups increase by +1 each. For example, when a fighter reaches 4th level, he receives a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with one weapon group and a +2 bonus on attack and damage rolls with the weapon group selected at 1st level. Bonuses granted from overlapping groups do not stack. Take the highest bonus granted for a weapon if it resides in two or more groups. A fighter also adds this bonus to any combat maneuver checks made with weapons from this group.

Weapon groups are defined as follows:
    Axes: battleaxe, greataxe, handaxe, heavy pick, light pick and throwing axe.
    Blades, Heavy: bastard sword, falchion, greatsword, longsword, scimitar, scythe, and two-bladed sword.
    Blades, Light: dagger, sickle and short sword.
    Bows: composite longbow, composite shortbow, longbow, and shortbow.
    Close: gauntlet, heavy shield, light shield, punching dagger, sap and unarmed strike.
    Double: dire flail, quarterstaff, and two-bladed sword.
    Flails: dire flail, flail, heavy flail, morningstar and whip.
    Hammers: club, greatclub, heavy mace, light hammer, light mace, and warhammer.
    Natural: unarmed strike and all natural weapons, such as bite, claw, gore, tail, and wing.
    Pole Arms: glaive, guisarme, halberd, and ranseur.
    Spears: javelin, lance, longspear, shortspear, spear, and trident.
    Thrown: blowgun, bolas, club, dagger, dart, javelin, light hammer, net, shortspear, sling, spear and throwing axe.

Bravery: Starting at 2nd level, a fighter gains a +1 bonus on any saves against fear. This bonus increases by +1 for every three levels beyond 2nd. When a fighter reaches level 10 he or she becomes immune to any kinds of fear.

Expert Trainer: At 3rd level, a fighter learns to train animal companions with speed and unsurpassed expertise. A Fighter's animal companion is treated as if the fighter was a druid of 2 levels higher than the fighter's level. The fighter receives a bonus equal to 1/2 his fighter level whenever he uses Handle Animal on an animal that serves as an animal companion. In addition, he can reduce the time needed to teach an animal a new trick or train an animal for a general purpose to 1 day per 1 week required by increasing the DC by +5. He can also train more than one animal at once, although each mount after the first adds +2 to the DC.

Will to Live: Fighters are trained to survive under the most dire circumstances. Once per round, when a fighter has to roll a saving throw, he or she can substitute his or her bonus to another kind of saving throw instead.

Master Trainer: At level 9, a fighter has complete control over his mount and can no longer botch any Handle Animal or Ride checks. Whenever a fighter rolls less than 10 on a Handle Animal or Ride check, he gains a result of 10 instead. In addition, the level of the fighter's Animal COmpanion is treated as being 5 livels higher than the fighter's level.

Weapon Mastery: At 10th level, a fighter chooses one weapon, such as the longsword, greataxe, or longbow. Any attacks made with that weapon automatically confirm all critical threats and have their damage multiplier increased by 1 (×2 becomes ×3, for example). In addition, he cannot be disarmed while wielding a weapon of this type.

Bard
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bards are the momories of the clans, telling the stories that keep the tribes' past and offering their knowledge to other members. In combat they utter fearsome warcries or sing heroic tales of heroes long forgotten.

Hit Die: d8.

Class Skills: The bard’s class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Athletics (Str), Persuasion (Cha), Craft (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Knowledge (all) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Skill Ranks Per Level: 8 + Int modifier.

{table]BAB|FORT|RFL|WILL|Special
    +0|0|2|2|Tribal Knowledge, Inspire Courage +1
    +1|0|3|3|Bonus Feat, Inspire Competence +2
    +1|1|3|3|Countersong, Well-Versed
    +2|1|4|4|Bonus Feat, Inspire Courage +2
    +2|2|4|4|Inspire Competence +4
    +3|2|5|5|Inspire Greatness
    +3|3|5|5|Bonus Feat, Inspire Courage +3
    +4|3|6|6|Dirge of Doom, Inspire Competence +6
    +4|4|6|6|Lore Master
    +5|4|7|7|Frightening Tune, Inspire Courage +4[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A bard is proficient with all simple weapons, plus one martial weapon of the player's choice. Bards are also proficient with light armor and light shields.

Bonus Feats: A Bard weaves might and magic in his combat style, gaining a bonus feats at 2nd, 4th and 7th level. These Bonus feats can be chosen from the list of Bard Bonus Feats.

Tribal Knowledge: A bard adds his class level (minimum 1) to all Knowledge (The Tribes) skill checks and adds half his class level (minimum 1) to all other Knowledge skill checks he or she has ranks in.

Inspire Courage: A 1st level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 4th level, and every 3 bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +1, to a maximum of +4 at 10th level. Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability. Inspire courage can use audible or visual components. The bard must choose which component to use when starting his performance.

Well-Versed: At 3rd level, the bard becomes resistant to the bardic performance of others, and to sonic effects in general. The bard adds his Bard class levels as a bonus on saving throws made against bardic performance, sonic, and language-dependent effects.

Countersong: At 3rd level, a bard learns to counter magic effects that depend on sound (but not spells that have verbal components.) Each round of the countersong he makes a Perform (percussion, wind, string, oratory or sing) skill check. Any creature within 30 feet of the bard (including the bard himself) that is affected by a sonic or language-dependent magical attack may use the bard's Perform check result in place of its saving throw if, after the saving throw is rolled, the Perform check result proves to be higher. If a creature within range of the countersong is already under the effect of a non-instantaneous sonic or language-dependent magical attack, it gains another saving throw against the effect each round it hears the countersong, but it must use the bard's Perform skill check result for the save. Countersong does not work on effects that don't allow saves. Countersong relies on audible components.

Inspire Competence: A bard of 2nd level or higher can use his performance to help an ally succeed at a task. The ally must be within 30 feet and able to see and hear the bard. The ally gets a +2 competence bonus on skill checks with a particular skill as long as she continues to hear the bard’s performance. This bonus increases by +1 for every 3 levels the bard has attained beyond 2nd (+4 at 5th and +6 at 8th). Certain uses of this ability are infeasible, such as Stealth, and may be disallowed at the GM's discretion. A bard can't inspire competence in himself. Inspire competence relies on audible components.

Dirge of Doom: A bard of 8th level or higher can use his performance to foster a sense of growing dread in his enemies, causing them to take become shaken. To be affected, an enemy must be within 30 feet and able to see and hear the bard's performance. The effect persists for as long as the enemy is within 30 feet and the bard continues the performance. The performance cannot cause a creature to become frightened or panicked, even if the targets are already shaken from another effect. Dirge of doom is a mind-affecting fear effect, and it relies on audible and visual components.

Inspire Greatness: A bard of 6th level or higher can use his performance to inspire greatness in himself or a single willing ally within 30 feet, granting extra fighting capability. For every 2 levels a bard attains beyond 6th, he can target one additional ally while using this performance (up to a maximum of four at 10th level). To inspire greatness, all of the targets must be able to see and hear the bard. A creature inspired with greatness gains 2 bonus Hit Dice (d10s), the commensurate number of temporary hit points (apply the target’s Constitution modifier, if any, to these bonus Hit Dice), a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, and a +1 competence bonus on Fortitude saves. The bonus Hit Dice count as regular Hit Dice for determining the effect of spells that are Hit Dice dependent. Inspire greatness is a mind-affecting ability and it relies on audible and visual components.

Lore Master: At 9th level, the bard becomes a master of lore and can take 10 on any Knowledge skill check that he has ranks in and 20 on Knowledge (The Tribes) skill checks. A bard can choose not to take 10 and can instead roll normally.

Frightening Tune: A bard of 10th level can use his performance to cause fear in his enemies. To be affected, an enemy must be able to hear the bard perform and be within 30 feet. Each enemy within range receives a Will save (DC 18 + the bard’s Cha modifier) to negate the effect. If the save succeeds, the creature is immune to this ability for 24 hours. If the save fails, the target becomes frightened and flees for as long as the target can hear the bard's performance. Frightening tune relies on audible components.

Elementalists
    Elementalists bind spirits of elements to gain power over elements. The 6 elements known are: Air, Water, Earth, Fire, Wood and Metal.
    Air
    Spoiler
    Show
    Air Elementalists are bonded to a minor spirit of air, granting them access to supernatural powers as well as some spells.

Hit Die: d6.

Class Skills: The Air Elementalist’s class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Concentration (Con), Craft (Wis), Decipher Script (Int), Persuasion (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (elements) (Int), Knowledge (the tribes) (Int), Perception (Wis), Search (Int) and Spiritcraft (Int).

{table]BAB|FORT|RFL|WILL|0|1|2|3|4|5|Special
    +0|0|2|2|6|3|-|-|-|-|Elemental companion, Improved Initiative
    +0|0|3|3|6|4|-|-|-|-|Channel Elemental
    +1|1|3|3|6|5|0|-|-|-|
    +1|1|4|4|6|6|3|-|-|-|Elemental Perception
    +1|2|4|4|6|6|4|0|-|-|
    +2|2|5|5|6|6|5|3|-|-|Manifest Elemental
    +2|3|5|5|6|6|6|4|0|-|
    +2|3|6|6|6|6|6|5|3|-|Speed of Thought
    +3|4|6|6|6|6|6|6|4|0|
    +3|4|7|7|6|6|6|6|5|3|Elemental Form[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An Air Elementalist is proficient with all simple weapons and with light armor.

Elemental Companion: At first level an Air Elementalist enters a spiritual connection with a lesser elemental spirit of Air, granting access to spells from the Air Elementalist spell list as well as powers connected to the element of air. This basically works like the Druid's alternative class feature.

Spells: An Air Elementalist casts spells drawn from the Air Elementalist spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, an Air Elementalist must have an Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against an Air Elementalist’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Air Elementalist’s Intelligence modifier.
    An Air Elementalist can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Air Elementalist. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Intelligence score.
    An Air Elementalist’s selection of spells is extremely limited. Knowledge of these spells is gained as an Air Elementalist gains access to the level of spells. An Air Elementalist automatically knows all spells of each level he or she has access to.
    An Air Elementalist need not prepare his spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell’s level.

Improved Initiative: An Air Elementalist adds half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1) to his initiative roll.

Channel Elemental: When an Air Elementalist does not cast or maintain any spells he can channel the power of his elemental into his body, making himself light as air and just as fast. This ability lasts for one round per level of the Air Elementalist and makes him imune to falling damage. In addition the Air Elementalist receives a dodge bonus to his Armor Class of half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1). On the downside, being light has its disadvantages, making the Air Elementalist prone to gusts of wind and certain combat maneuvers.

Elemental Perception: An Air Elementalist adds half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1) to his perception rolls.

Speed of Thought: Once a day, for an hour, when an Air Elementalist does not cast or maintain any spells he can use this power to add 5 times his Elementalist class level to any form of movement speed he posesses at that time. For example an 9th level Air Elementalist can add 90' to his movement speed for one hour.

Elemental Form: When an Air Elementalist reaches mastery of his element he can merge his body with that of his elemental, becoming an Air Elemental for all practical purposes. This effect lasts one hour and can be prolonged by burning spell level slots to add 5 times the level of the spell to the duration of the effect. For example losing a spell of second level lets an Air Elementalist remain in elemental form for another 10 minutes.

Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Earth Elementalists are bonded to a minor spirit of earth, granting them access to supernatural powers as well as some spells.

Class Skills: The Earth Elementalist’s class skills are Concentration (Con), Craft (Wis), Disguise (Cha), Persuasion (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (elements) (Int), Knowledge (the tribes) (Int), Perception (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis) and Spiritcraft (Int).

+0|2|0|2|6|3|-|-|-|-|Elemental Companion, Damage Resistance
    +0|3|0|3|6|4|-|-|-|-|Channel Elemental
    +1|3|1|3|6|5|0|-|-|-|
    +1|4|1|4|6|6|3|-|-|-|Strength of the Earth
    +1|4|2|4|6|6|4|0|-|-|
    +2|5|2|5|6|6|5|3|-|-|Manifest Elemental
    +2|5|3|5|6|6|6|4|0|-|
    +2|6|3|6|6|6|6|5|3|-|Pillar of Stone
    +3|6|4|6|6|6|6|6|4|0|
    +3|7|4|7|6|6|6|6|5|3|Elemental Form[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An Earth Elementalist is proficient with all simple weapons and with light armor.

Elemental Companion: At first level an Earth Elementalist enters a spiritual connection with a lesser elemental spirit of Earth, granting access to spells from the Earth Elementalist spell list as well as powers connected to the element of Earth.

Spells: An Earth Elementalist casts spells drawn from the Earth Elementalist spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, an Earth Elementalist must have an Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Earth Elementalist’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Earth Elementalist’s Wisdom modifier.
    An Earth Elementalist can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Earth Elementalist. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Wisdom score.
    An Earth Elementalist’s selection of spells is extremely limited. Knowledge of these spells is gained as an Earth Elementalist gains access to the level of spells. An Earth Elementalist automatically knows all spells of each level he or she has access to.
    An Earth Elementalist need not prepare his spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell’s level.

Damage Resistance: An Earth Elementalist is protected by his elemental, granting him a DR of half his Earth Elementalist class level (minimum 1) / - as long as he touches the earth. An Earth Elementalist flying or swimming does not get this effect.

Channel Elemental: When an Earth Elementalist does not cast or maintain any spells he can channel the power of his elemental into his body, making himself hard as stone. This ability lasts for one round per level of the Fire Elementalist. During this time any weapon or other nunliving object striking the Earth Elementalist in this form must roll a saving throw against 10 + the Earth Elementalist's level + the Earth Elementalist’s Constitution modifier or start break.

Strength of the Earth: An Earth Elementalist adds half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1) to all damage he does with weapons as long as he touches the earth. An Earth Elementalist flying or swimming does not get this effect.

Pillar of Stone: The physical stature of an Earth Elementalist lets him function in many ways as if he were one size category larger. Whenever an Earth Elementalist is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the Earth Elementalist is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. An Earth Elementalist is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. An Earth Elementalist can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefi ts of this supernatural trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.

Elemental Form: When an Earth Elementalist reaches mastery of his element he can merge his body with that of his elemental, becoming an Earth Elemental for all practical purposes. This effect lasts one hour and can be prolonged by burning spell level slots to add 5 times the level of the spell to the duration of the effect. For example losing a spell of second level lets an Earth Elementalist remain in elemental form for another 10 minutes.

Fire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fire Elementalists are bonded to a minor spirit of fire, granting them access to supernatural powers as well as some spells.

Class Skills: The Fire Elementalist’s class skills are Concentration (Con), Craft (Wis), Disguise (Cha), Persuasion (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (elements) (Int), Knowledge (the tribes) (Int), Perception (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis) and Spiritcraft (Int).

+0|0|2|2|6|3|-|-|-|-|Elemental Companion, Fire Resistance
    +0|0|3|3|6|4|-|-|-|-|Channel Elemental
    +1|1|3|3|6|5|0|-|-|-|
    +1|1|4|4|6|6|3|-|-|-|Dealing with Fire
    +1|2|4|4|6|6|4|0|-|-|
    +2|2|5|5|6|6|5|3|-|-|Manifest Elemental
    +2|3|5|5|6|6|6|4|0|-|
    +2|3|6|6|6|6|6|5|3|-|Mastery of Fire
    +3|4|6|6|6|6|6|6|4|0|
    +3|4|7|7|6|6|6|6|5|3|Elemental Form[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Fire Elementalist is proficient with all simple weapons and with light armor.

Elemental Companion: At first level a Fire Elementalist enters a spiritual connection with a lesser elemental spirit of Fire, granting access to spells from the Fire Elementalist spell list as well as powers connected to the element of Fire.

Spells: A Fire Elementalist casts spells drawn from the Fire Elementalist spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, a Fire Elementalist must have an Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Fire Elementalist’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Water Elementalist’s Charisma modifier.
    A Fire Elementalist can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Fire Elementalist. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score.
    A Fire Elementalist’s selection of spells is extremely limited. Knowledge of these spells is gained as a Fire Elementalist gains access to the level of spells. A Fire Elementalist automatically knows all spells of each level he or she has access to.
    A Fire Elementalist need not prepare his spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell’s level.

Fire Resistance: An Fire Elementalist can resist fire in all forms, including the effects of spells and other supernnatural powers. Half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1) times per day, a Fire Elementalist can simply ignore fire effects for one round.

Channel Elemental: When a Fire Elementalist does not cast or maintain any spells he can channel the power of his elemental into his body, making himself burst into flame. This ability lasts for one round per level of the Fire Elementalist. Anything and anybody touching the Fire Elementalist in this form must roll a saving throw against 10 + the Fire Elementalist's level + the Fire Elementalist’s Charisma modifier or start burning, taking half the Elementalist class level (minimum 1) of fire damage. The save can be repeated each turn and the effect lasts until the save is successful or there is nothing left to burn.

Dealing with Fire: A Fire Elementalist adds half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1) fire damage to the damage he does when attacking unarmed.

Mastery of Fire: A Fire Elementalist knows Fire like noone else. This ability lets a Fire Elementalist control a fire within his range (10' per level of the Fire Elementalist). Basically, a fire can be effected in any way, except that it can not be totally extinguished. It can burn hotter, faster, slower or brighter, but it can not move.

Elemental Form: When a Fire Elementalist reaches mastery of his element he can merge his body with that of his elemental, becoming a Fire Elemental for all practical purposes. This effect lasts one hour and can be prolonged by burning spell level slots to add 5 times the level of the spell to the duration of the effect. For example losing a spell of second level lets a Fire Elementalist remain in elemental form for another 10 minutes.

Metal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Metal Elementalists are bonded to a minor spirit of metal, granting them access to supernatural powers as well as some spells.

Class Skills: The Metal Elementalist’s class skills are Concentration (Con), Craft (Wis), Persuasion (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (elements) (Int), Knowledge (the tribes) (Int), Perception (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis) and Spiritcraft (Int).

+0|2|2|0|6|3|-|-|-|-|Elemental Companion, Strength of Steel
    +0|3|3|0|6|4|-|-|-|-|Channel Elemental
    +1|3|3|1|6|5|0|-|-|-|
    +1|4|4|1|6|6|3|-|-|-|Body of Iron
    +1|4|4|2|6|6|4|0|-|-|
    +2|5|5|2|6|6|5|3|-|-|Manifest Elemental
    +2|5|5|3|6|6|6|4|0|-|
    +2|6|6|3|6|6|6|5|3|-|Mastery of Iron
    +3|6|6|4|6|6|6|6|4|0|
    +3|7|7|4|6|6|6|6|5|3|Elemental Form[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Metal Elementalist is proficient with all simple weapons and with light armor.

Elemental Companion: At first level a Metal Elementalist enters a spiritual connection with a lesser elemental spirit of Metal, granting access to spells from the Metal Elementalist spell list as well as powers connected to the element of Metal.

Spells: A Metal Elementalist casts spells drawn from the Metal Elementalist spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, a Metal Elementalist must have an Intelligence score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Metal Elementalist’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Metal Elementalist’s Intelligence modifier.
    An Metal Elementalist can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Metal Elementalist. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Intelligence score.
    A Metal Elementalist’s selection of spells is extremely limited. Knowledge of these spells is gained as a Metal Elementalist gains access to the level of spells. A Metal Elementalist automatically knows all spells of each level he or she has access to.
    A Metal Elementalist need not prepare his spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell’s level.

Strength of Steel: A Metal Elementalist adds half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1) to all damage he does with weapons made entirely of metal.

Channel Elemental: When a Metal Elementalist does not cast or maintain any spells he can channel the power of his elemental into his body, making himself hard as strong as steel. This ability lasts for one round per level of the Metal Elementalist. During this time any weapon made entirely of metal (Swords, daggers, maces) wielded by the Metal Elementalist in this form ignores all kinds of Damage Resistance.

Body of Iron: A Metal Elementalist is protected by his elemental, granting him a DR of half his Metal Elementalist class level (minimum 1) / Adamantine or Magic.

Mastery of Iron: A metal Elementalist can ignore all protective effects of Armor and shiels made of metal on his enemies. Armor or shields do not add to AC, but other effects of those items still function normally. In addition any armor or shield worn or wielded by a metal elementalist is treated as if it was made of Mithral. Heavy armors are treated as medium, and medium armors are treated as light, but light armors are still treated as light. Spell failure chances for armors and shields made from mithral are decreased by 10%, maximum Dexterity bonus is increased by 2, and armor check penalties are lessened by 3 (to a minimum of 0) if worn by a Metal Elementalist of this level.

Elemental Form: When an Metal Elementalist reaches mastery of his element he can merge his body with that of his elemental, becoming a Steel Elemental for all practical purposes. This effect lasts one hour and can be prolonged by burning spell level slots to add 5 times the level of the spell to the duration of the effect. For example losing a spell of second level lets a Metal Elementalist remain in elemental form for another 10 minutes.

Water
    Spoiler
    Show
    Water Elementalists are bonded to a minor spirit of water, granting them access to supernatural powers as well as some spells.

Class Skills: The Water Elementalist’s class skills are Concentration (Con), Craft (Wis), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Persuasion (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (elements) (Int), Knowledge (the tribes) (Int), Perception (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis) and Spiritcraft (Int).

+0|2|0|2|6|3|-|-|-|-|Elemental Companion, Elemental Resistance
    +1|3|1|3|6|5|0|-|-|-|
    +1|4|1|4|6|6|3|-|-|-|Improved Healing
    +1|4|2|4|6|6|4|0|-|-|
    +2|5|3|5|6|6|6|4|0|-|
    +2|6|3|6|6|6|6|5|3|-|Mastery of the Body's Liquids
    +3|6|4|6|6|6|6|6|4|0|

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Water Elementalist is proficient with all simple weapons and with light armor.

Elemental Companion: At first level a Water Elementalist enters a spiritual connection with a lesser elemental spirit of Water, granting access to spells from the Water Elementalist spell list as well as powers connected to the element of water.

Spells: A Water Elementalist casts spells drawn from the Water Elementalist spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, a Water Elementalist must have an Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Water Elementalist’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Water Elementalist’s Wisdom modifier.
    A Water Elementalist can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Water Elementalist. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Wisdom score.
    A Water Elementalist’s selection of spells is extremely limited. Knowledge of these spells is gained as a Water Elementalist gains access to the level of spells. A Water Elementalist automatically knows all spells of each level he or she has access to.
    A Water Elementalist need not prepare his spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell’s level.

Elemental Resistance: An Water Elementalist adds half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1) to his saves against poison and acid of any kind.

Channel Elemental: When a Water Elementalist does not cast or maintain any spells he can channel the power of his elemental into his body, making himself extremely flexible. This ability lasts for one round per level of the Water Elementalist and makes him imune to falling damage. In addition the Air Elementalist receives a dodge bonus to his Armor Class of half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1).

Improved Healing: A Water Elementalist adds half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1) to the amount of hitpoints he recovers on a daily basis.

Mastery of the Body's Liquids: A Water Elementalist knows all about the fluids in a human's body. Strengthening and directing the flow of liquids in a body, a Water Elementalist can heal half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1) hitpoints per round in one target. To achieve this effect, both the Water Elementalist and the target of this healing ability have to touch each other and can not move, attack or defend themselves. In addition, the target of this effect has to be willing to be healed. For all purposes both are considered helpless as the mind of the Water Elementalist enters the patient's body to heal it. This ability can be used once per day on each individual target. A Water Elementalist can use this power half the Water Elementalist's class level (minimum 1) times per day. Instead of healing the target, a Water Elementalist can also remove any form of poison, ability damage or other physical damage from the body from one target.

Elemental Form: When a Water Elementalist reaches mastery of his element he can merge his body with that of his elemental, becoming a Water Elemental for all practical purposes. This effect lasts one hour and can be prolonged by burning spell level slots to add 5 times the level of the spell to the duration of the effect. For example losing a spell of second level lets a Water Elementalist remain in elemental form for another 10 minutes.

Wood
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wood Elementalists are bonded to a minor spirit of nature, granting them access to supernatural powers as well as some spells.

Class Skills: The Wood Elementalist’s class skills are Concentration (Con), Craft (Wis), Disguise (Cha), Persuasion (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (elements) (Int), Knowledge (the tribes) (Int), Perception (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spiritcraft (Int) and Survival (Wis).

+0|2|0|2|6|3|-|-|-|-|Elemental Companion, Track, Woodland Stride
    +1|3|1|3|6|5|0|-|-|-|
    +1|4|1|4|6|6|3|-|-|-|Trackless Step
    +1|4|2|4|6|6|4|0|-|-|
    +2|5|3|5|6|6|6|4|0|-|
    +2|6|3|6|6|6|6|5|3|-|Swift Tracker
    +3|6|4|6|6|6|6|6|4|0|

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Wood Elementalist is proficient with all simple weapons and with light armor. A Wood Elementalist is also profcient with all bows and all weapons made entirely of wood.

Elemental Companion: At first level a Wood Elementalist enters a spiritual connection with a lesser elemental spirit of Nature, granting access to spells from the Wood Elementalist spell list as well as powers connected to the element of Wood.

Spells: A Wood Elementalist casts spells drawn from the Wood Elementalist spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, a Wood Elementalist must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Wood Elementalist’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Wood Elementalist’s Wisdom modifier.
    A Wood Elementalist can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Wood Elementalist. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Wisdom score.
    A Wood Elementalist’s selection of spells is extremely limited. Knowledge of these spells is gained as a Wood Elementalist gains access to the level of spells. A Wood Elementalist automatically knows all spells of each level he or she has access to.
    A Wood Elementalist need not prepare his spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell’s level.

Track: A Wood Elementalist adds half his Elementalist level (minimum 1) to Survival skill checks made to follow or identify tracks.

Woodland Stride: A Wood Elementalist may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at his normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any
    other impairment. Thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that are enchanted
    or magically manipulated to impede motion, however, still affect him.

Channel Elemental: When a Wood Elementalist does not cast or maintain any spells he can channel the power of his elemental into his weapons. As long as the weapon is made entirely of wood (bows count, crossbows don't) he adds half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1) to both the attack and the damage rolls made with those weapons.

Trackless Step: A Wood Elementalist leaves no trail in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked. She may choose to leave a trail if so desired.

Manifest Elemental: A Wood Elementalist can inbue any weapon made entirely of wood (bows count, crossbows don't) with the strength of his elemental. For a number of attacks up to half his Elementalist class level (minimum 1) any weapon wielded by a Wood Elementalist using this power can ignore all modifiers due to circumstances that grant concealement or otherwise effect the flight of an arrow (wind, fog, dense foliage, etc.).

Swift Tracker: A Wood Elementalist can move at his normal speed while using Survival to follow tracks without taking the normal –5 penalty. He takes only
    a –10 penalty (instead of the normal –20) when moving at up to twice normal speed while tracking.

Elemental Form: When an Earth Elementalist reaches mastery of his element he can merge his body with that of his elemental, becoming a Wood Elemental for all practical purposes. This effect lasts one hour and can be prolonged by burning spell level slots to add 5 times the level of the spell to the duration of the effect. For example losing a spell of second level lets an Wood Elementalist remain in elemental form for another 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Stormwind; 2011-03-08 at 01:31 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Advancement of animal companion
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Your Level|+ to HD|+ to NA|+ to DEX|+ to STR|Misc.
    4|1|0|0|1|Gain +4 bonus on Handle Animal checks with your companion. You can do a ‘handle’ check as a Free Action & a ‘push’ as a Move Action.
    5|2|1|1|1|
    6|3|2|1|2|Any spell you cast on yourself can effect your companion also as long as it remains within 5’ of you
    7|4|3|2|2|
    8|5|4|2|3|Your companion gains Evasion
    9|6|5|3|3|
    10|7|6|3|4|Your companion gains a +4 Morale bonus on saves vs. Enchantment spells & effects
    11|8|7|4|4|
    12|9|8|4|5|Your companion gains the Feat Multiattack
    13|10|9|5|5|
    14|11|10|5|6|Your companion gains Improved Evasion
    15|12|11|6|6|[/table]

Additional approved weapons and armor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dagger: Light, 1d4, 19-20, 10ft, Pierce/Slash, 1lb, +2 on SoH to conceal, Simple, PHB
    Kukri/Hunting Knife: Light, 1d4, 18-20, Slash, 2 lbs, Martial, PHB
    Barbed Dagger: Light, 1d4, 19-20, Pierce, 1 lb, +2 Sneak Attack damage if user has 5+ SoH ranks, Exotic, CAdv
    Disguised Dagger: 1d4, 19-20, Slash/Pierce, 10ft, 1 lb, +7 SoH checks to conceal, Martial, Dragon 316
    Great scimitar: ???, Exotic, Sandstorm

Leather Scale: light armor, Cost=35gp, Armor Bonus =+3, MDB=+6, ACP=-2 ASF=15% 20lb, Oriental adventures

Simba's Q&A's from the recruitment thread
    Spoiler
    Show
    Q - Are Elementalists subject to arcane spell failure?
    Simba - No, they are not. It is the elemental that does the magic, in the end, not the elementalist. I will write this down in more detail later today.

Q - Does Channel Elemental need an action or have limited uses?
    Simba - Channel Elemental is generally 3+(1 round per level)/day

Q - What is the standart equipment we get?
    Simba - That depends on your classes, but some light armor, a weapon or 3 of normal quality, small stuff. All you really need, but no luxuries. You will get some interesting stuff later, though.
    Armor that fits the tribe you grew up with (mostly leather, studded or maybe chain) and your character, a few weapons, survival equipment, some animal handling stuff maybe.

Q - Took another look at Invisible Blade. Turns out I remembered wrong, the Blade Bravo is the PrC with the useless race-requirement. Invisible Blade, instead, has a useless feat-requirement: Point Blank Shot and Far Shot? For a knife fighter? Maybe if he's throwing his daggers, sure, but the entire PrC is focused around feint-SneakAttacking! Bah, humbug.... Personally, I'd suggest changing the feat requirements from Far Shot, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (dagger, kukri, or punching dagger)....to Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Weapon Focus(dagger, kukri, or punching dagger).
    Simba - Invisible Blade is perfect if you want it, it fits the foxes, but can also be used in connection with snake.
    (Requirement changes)Accepted. If you want we can exchange Kukri for Hunting Knife and have it in the setting so you have a better weapon to use.

Q - What sort of instruments would be available to these tribes/clans, and what do you think of the Savage Bard variant from Unearthed Arcana?
    Simba - A Bard would be great. The tribes use instruments like the flute, drums or simple string instruments, but most of their bards use their voices instead. Oral tradition is huge with them. It also has the added advantage of leaving your hands free to do other things.

Q - For the Order of the Bow Initiate can Knowledge: Elements act as a replacement for Knowledge: Religion for the prerequisites?
    Simba - Yes.

Q - The more I think about it, the more I begin to think about the ranger. I guess the big problem I have with a ranger// wood elementalist - despite it making perfect sense - is that I'm given abilities in the second that come with the first. This makes it feel like I'm losing out by getting Track/ Trackless Stride/ Swift Tracker. Any chance, if I take the ranger route instead, that I can get a feat in place of each ability once the second class would've gained that ability. Otherwise, I'm losing abilities and getting nothing for it.
    Simba - Would this sollution be acceptable to you?
    Level 1: Gain Feat: Track --> Skirmish +1d6
    Level 7: Woodland Stride --> Skirmish +1d6, +1 AC
    Level 8: Swift Tracker --> Skirmish +2d6, +1 AC
    Before I forget: Rangers do not get a second Animal Companion, they get the Solitary Hunter or Distracting Attack variant instead, and the non-casting variant, of course.

Q - Are you allowing flaws?
    Simba - 1 Trait if you want it, no flaws.

Q - As it stands, Warblades get a new stance known at levels 4, 10, 16. I propose, Warblades get a new stance known at levels 5, 10, 16.
    Reason: maneuver levels 1, 3, 5 and then 6, 7, 8, contain new stances. level 3 maneuvers are available from level 5. so the second stance known should come in when the second array of stances in maneuver level 3 is selectable.
    Simba - Fine with me.

Q - Are we allowed to trade out shield proficiency as well?
    Simba - Yes, you are.

Q - I was just told you're allowing Pathfinder material. If that's the case, could I have clearance to use the Pathfinder version of Cleave, as well as the feat Furious Focus from the Pathfinder Advanced Players' Guide?
    Simba - Fine with me.

Q - A quick question about rogue weapon proficiencies. The standard rogue is proficient with simple weapons and with hand crossbow(exotic), rapier(martial), sap(martial), shortbow(martial), and short sword(martial).
    Several of these don't feel like they fit your campaign very well, so I was wondering if it would be possible to change them to something that would fit better?
    (for example dropping the hand crossbow, rapier, and sap and replacing them with the barbed dagger, hunting knife, and disguised dagger)
    Simba - Good idea.

Q - What languages do actually exist in your world?
    Simba - For you, there is just one language, Amakh. The tribes have a few poeple who speak the Icemen tongue and some who have traded with the empire and know imperial common.

Q - A question to ask, this time about a homebrew class featured on these very forums. The Dreadnaught (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99504).
    Simba - Dreadnaught is accepted.
    Last edited by Stormwind; 2011-03-08 at 02:07 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

THANK YOU!!!

Wow, that makes things much easier.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

I have updated Eshalyn with the rules. I am assuming that we do not have to spend point buy level advancement points right away, we can save them up to advance a more expensive stat after a few levels.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I am assuming that we do not have to spend point buy level advancement points right away, we can save them up to advance a more expensive stat after a few levels.
    Sure, feel free to save up as many as you like.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground

Did we have an updated list of spells for each elementalist?

Also, I can't remember if we had an answer for this, but the point-buy-per-level... at level 4, do we have 4 points? Or just 1?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holocron Coder View Post
    Did we have an updated list of spells for each elementalist?

Also, I can't remember if we had an answer for this, but the point-buy-per-level... at level 4, do we have 4 points? Or just 1?
    You have 4 points, unless you spent your other 3 points at character creation time. When I looked at Eshalyn, I realized she was a 35 point buy, so I must have used those points to make her.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #27

I added a Q&A spoiler in the recovered stuff above with all of Simba's answers (that I could find) from the recruitment thread.

I've also edited the homebrew classes so that the tables are actually readable.

Enjoy!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Colossus in the Playground

Where are the spell lists? Am I blind?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question: Is there an actual official list for Bard Bonus Feats, or should I just pick anything? Or should I try and pick something especially Bardic?

EDIT: Oh, and you say that the BAB bonus to AC works like DEX to AC for Armor penalties -- does this mean they stack for the purposes of Armor penalties, or do they work separately? For example, if I have a Max Dex of 6 on a particular suit of armor, and my BAB is 6, would I not add my DEX bonus to AC?
    Last edited by Archdeacon GX; 2011-03-10 at 02:13 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    Where are the spell lists? Am I blind?
    The updated spell lists are here at the beginning of the OOC thread.