New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Underside - The Second!

Temple of Dalachrech

Some of the walls are rounded, being the edge of the cocoon. Other walls have layer upon layer of large spider webs as building material. Occasionally a random piece of debris is pushed into the walls. There's three 'exits', or at least rips through the walls which one is supposed to use to enter neighbouring rooms. Entering one of these is a drider. She has a sleek orb weaver spider's body, with an attractive drow torso mounted where the spider's face should be. Her face is really pretty, made slightly creepy/exotic by the compound eyes glittering in her eyesockets. She has long white hair, which has been braided multiple times using spider-silk thread. She is also wearing voluminous robes upon her drow torso, ones attached to several bags on her arachnid abdomen. The robes and bags are also made of spider silk, and the bags look to be filled with various things, including rope, an ornate rapier, a giant spider egg, the body of a small cave-cricket (although it's still cat-sized), a quiver of hand-crossbow bolts and other things. Around the drider's neck is a silver amulet repeating the two-tailed scorpion symbol represented in the mosaic below, silk drapes on the walls and also dyed onto the otherwise raw silk robes.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Dalechrech]

Batty is a bit surprised by her. For a long moment he simply stares, his pink-colored eyes wide in shock. Was she another Fey? Down here, deep beneath the earth? He hadn't thought it was possible. Even if she appeared to be one of the Fey-bound, it was a promising sign. It meant there were other, greater Fey here. But would they be allies, or enemies?

Slowly, the elf remembers himself and finally finds his voice. "Forgive me if I am... intruding." He says slowly. "I was simply... curious about this place."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"Don't worry, you aren't intruding. Welcome to the Underside Temple of Dalachrech, the Lord of Invertebrates. Would you like a tour, or would you prefer to ask questions?" Charynrae sounds very helpful, and she is smiling. It enhances the attractiveness of her face, although her eyes make it exceedingly difficult to judge whether the smile is a false smile or not.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Dalechrech]

Batty frowns. A temple? What sort of Fey would build himself a temple? Then again, this was a different place. Things may be different here. "I am not... familiar with your Lord Dalechrech. Could you tell me a bit about him?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ApeofLight View Post
    [Corvus' Basement]

Zeta goes through a full range of motion for all of it's limbs. " Dr.Rato is a old man. Smart and kind and is a human as well. He is a scientist who has great aptitude for mechanics and virtual intelligence. Is there anything else you wish to know about Dr.Rato? " The robot asks.
    Corvus breathes out thinly through his nose. Whilst he had gone to some effort to take this robot from the streets, there didn't seem much of a way to merit any profit of his own out of the situation. As Zeta had told him, it was free to do as it pleased, and whilst not being the most pleasant of people, Corvus wasn't about to abduct the construct.

"No. I think I should probably let you go on your way, now you're back on your feet. I see no point in keeping you here."
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

((Sorry! I forgot about Batty's visit to the Temple of Dalachrech down here!))

Temple of Dalachrech

"Dalachrech, the Lord of Invertebrates, maintains that without Him, life would be impossible as our crops would not be fertilised, our waste would not be broken down, phytoplankton would overrun the oceans and nutrients will not be returned from the soil. This will eventually lead to the death of all creatures on the surface and, shortly after, us down here. More immediately, however, Dalachrech stops the spread of blood-bourne disease by controlling the numbers of mosquitoes in any given area and ensures good harvest by leading locust swarms away from arable farmland. He is also responsible for the destruction of wooden buildings and structures, as He could inflict termites, deathwatch beetles and furniture beetles to eat the wood and use it to either make their home or feed their young." I don't really have much on Dalachrechian theology, to be honest.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

((It's fine, Earl. Don't worry about it))

[Temple of Dalechrech]

Batty nods. That all made sense. "Would it be possible for me to recieve an audience with Lord Dalechrech?" The winged elf asks politely, operating under the assumption that Lord Dalechrech was another Fey.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    Corvus breathes out thinly through his nose. Whilst he had gone to some effort to take this robot from the streets, there didn't seem much of a way to merit any profit of his own out of the situation. As Zeta had told him, it was free to do as it pleased, and whilst not being the most pleasant of people, Corvus wasn't about to abduct the construct.

"No. I think I should probably let you go on your way, now you're back on your feet. I see no point in keeping you here."
    Zeta nods. " Thank you sir, I will make sure to store this event in my memory core for future reference. " Wait... did the robot just say he owed him one in robot speak?
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"Not with His physical body, no. I am, however, about to lead a prayer session to Dalachrech; if you join us in that, He might commune with you and answer your questions." That might make Batty realise that Dalachrech is not a Fey; I don't know, as I am unaware of how Fey in Batty's world act and there's many different ways they act in fantasy, folklore and story those sources are effectively useless, or nearly so. Take hobgoblins, for example.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Dalechrech]

Now Batty was confused. Fey didn't commune with people. While, perhaps not beyond their abilities, it simply wasn't necessary. Strangely, in his worlds, gods didn't commune with people either. At least, not to his knowledge.

Still, the winged elf was curious. "If you do not mind my observing, I would be glad to attend. Thank you."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"Of course you may. Please, follow me." Charynrae will walk off, through the rip in the web-wall. On the other side is another section of the cocoon with one sloping wall and three straight ones formed from layered spider webs. The room has two rows of pews, some adapted for humanoid use, others for those with tails or wings or of completely non-humanoid anatomy. The ones for humanoids have the least people in, and Batty may recognise that the worshippers down here seem to be mostly ettercaps, drider, rogue drow and chuul (I don't know how they got up the rope ladder either), but there's some svirfneblin, goblins, duergar, grimlocks and other troglodytic species as well. The walls are decorated with more depictions of the two-tailed scorpion symbol and images of invertebrates, plus the large glowing beetles and spiders. At the end of the aisle is an altar made of stone draped with more silk (it's ridiculously easy to get here; Charynrae breeds giant spiders). Resting on the altar is a solid gold idol depicting a centipede-like creature with three scorpion tails, praying mantis claws, a stag beetle's head and four pairs of beetle elytrum. Charynrae will, when she is standing behind the altar, begin chanting in Abyssal, followed by the worshippers adding their voices to the chant.

(What power level using Neon's method is Batty, approximately?)

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

((If I had to put a level on it... B or A, he's a fairly powerful magical creature. That said, he's rather lost, and doesn't quite remember who or what he is. Brain's a bit addled. I tend to scale my characters to the situation, anyways.))

[Temple of Dalechrech]

Batty follows Charynrae into the next room and takes a place in the back of the room where he can watch and stay out of the way. The statue, while strange and fantastical, did not strike the elf as particularly sinister. Insects, whatever their forms, played an important role in any ecosystem. However, when she began the chant, a shiver went up his spine. He couldn't understand the language, but he knew something about it was terribly wrong. Some primal fear told him to flee, but propriety deemed he should stay. Conflicted, the fey remained in his seat.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ApeofLight View Post
    Zeta nods. " Thank you sir, I will make sure to store this event in my memory core for future reference. " Wait... did the robot just say he owed him one in robot speak?
    [Corvus' Basement]

It's a little hard to tell, Corvus thinks. But he likes to think so. He gives a small nod and leads Zeta up from the basement to the front door.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Coruvus' House]

Once at the door Zeta turns again to Coruvus and gives a small bow, more of a nod of the head but still. " Thank you again sir, farewell. " The robot says before stepping out and onto the streets.

-Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

When the chant has been completed, Charynrae starts to speak in Undercommon, the underground version of the language spoken on the surface. She is calling on the masses to spread the word of Dalachrech, try not to kill any invertebrate unnecessarily and also asking them to give money to the poor, refrain from overindulgence in any thing and also to respect those older than themselves. After that there's another prayer in Abyssal and a silk basket is handed around into which money is put. The money will later be given to the poor, as will the basket. If the Temple needs money, they sell spider-silk rope or clothing. That's pretty much the entirety of the service.

((Thank you; I have had issues with high-powered characters getting the standard vision so now I ask))

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [House Irumocuri - Lord and Lady's Quarters]

"There has to be something we can do. I have to be able to help her." Kirk says firmly. There's emotion behind his words, and a powerful conviction.

"This is a world of limitless potential. There has to be something, someone here that can help her."

"If there is anything, I have not found it. Admittedly, it has not been my primary concern over the House itself, and the many things I have been required to be part of on more planes than one - and there are other family troubles as well as this. I have done what I could do to understand what had happened to her in the first place, and even that took much time."

He sits back down with his wife, who puts a comforting arm around him.

"If you believe you are able to do something, I cannot stop you - but I apologize that I am not confident in your success in this when I myself was unable to discover anything beyond the nature of what had happened."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Undercity - Gates]

To the city, in one of its further tunnels, comes walking a topsider, creeping carefully along, more worried by this apparent order and structure where once there had been only tunnel.
    Her clothes, what can be seen, feature a great deal of feathers, and a pair of goggles are perched on her forehead - they do nothing, after all.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk takes off his hat and runs his hand through his hair. "Right. Well, I have to help her. And I will, despite your misgivings." The drow frowns deeply, no that he knows how to help her.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Undercity-Streets]

Zeta Omicron Epsilon starts to wander the streets, observing and watching. He takes in what everyone is doing and internalizes it and tries to comprehend and understand as he wanders down one path after another.

-Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Tunnels

A trio of gene shaper giant scorpions pop out of a newly dug hole to the surface and into one of the tunnels leading to Underside. Leading them is a consumer with an acid-borer. They look about,t hen make their way towards the city.

Undercity-Alley
    Davitte waits for Shy'anni and the thugs to react.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Undercity Streets]

Tebtranlyn the drow assassin makes his way here. He slips into one of the alleys that the buildings provide and takes out the compact communicator that he has. " Sornnolu. " The assassin says conjuring a mental image of his cousin in his mind to contact him.

-Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

[Undercity Streets]

The drow mage's face appears on the communicator's screen. "Tebtranlyn. Have you found the information I asked you to?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Undercity Streets]

The assassin nods to Sornnolu. " Yes, and I am here in the Undercity as you asked. "

-Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

[Undercity Streets]

"Good. Stand still a moment." Sornnolu orders before the communicator goes blank. A moment later, a wide shimmering doorway opens along one wall of the alley. From the portal a narrow, scaley snout emerges, soon followed by the rest of a giant riding lizard in full House Xar'Cha rainment. Sornnolu sits atop it, dressed in rich robes of blue and gold silk, overlayed by the thin black cloth of a fine piwafwi cloak. Gloved hands tug on the reins, bringing the beast to a stop. "Well met, cousin."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Undercity Streets]

If Teb is surprised he doesn't show it. He simply puts the communicator away and gives a slight bow of the head to his elder cousin. " Well met, Sornnolu. Do you wish for me to tell you now who is still running Inside? " The assassin questions from his lower position. Why didn't Teb get a cool lizard?

-Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

[Undercity Streets]

"That is what I asked you to do." Sonnolu replies, frowning a bit. "What have you learned?" He asks, turning his mount to leave the alley.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Undercity Streets]

Teb nods and follows the lizard riding drow out of the alley." It seems the police and military force of the Empire are in control. They are led by the Mortal Coil which is a special task force of sorts. Oddly enough they are calling themselves Remnant and I suspect Remnant will keep control of the city of Inside under the leadership of a woman named Vasquez. " The assassin says making sure to keep stride with his cousin. Why was the elder drow riding that thing anyways? Was Sonnolu's feet not good enough for him? Whatever it is it does not make Teb happy.

-Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underside Streets]

"And I presume you know where to find her?" The mage says next. "Climb up." Sornnolu tells him, once they were out on the broader street.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Undercity]

The drow nods and hops aboard. " Yes, though it might be best to wait a while longer. Word is they are busy with... other invaders. " Teb says trying to settle into the saddle.

-Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Undercity]

"And that is precisely why we need to reach out to them now." Sornnolu cracks the reins, sending the lizard into a gallop and into the tunnels that lead out of the city and to the surface.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel