New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Hourglass of Zihaja D&D 4e] Heroes on a Sea of Swords IC

Medinah

Though rapidly "bleeding" out her alchemical animating fluids, Medinah resolves to stand her ground. She lays a curse on the remaining uncursed foes before swinging her sword in an ultra-wide arc, and in doing so launching a bolt of energy at the two demon sharks.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action: Warforged Resolve, healing 10 hit points and gaining 10 temp hit points, plus roll a save vs. ongoing damage: (1d20+2)[21]
    Move to minor action: Warlock's Curse on S3 and PS.
    Standard action: Acrid Decay @ DS1 and DS2. (I'm guessing this will still be psychic damage instead of acid and necrotic since the sword's power is still active?).

Con (Implement) vs. Fort.
    DS1: (1d20+18)[36]
    DS2: (1d20+18)[38]
    Hit: (1d12+10)[17] psychic damage (and (2d6)[4] curse damage on DS1, or DS2 if I only hit that one) and take -2 penalty to attack rolls UEINT from Acrid Decay, and -2 penalty to attack rolls UEMNT from Psychic Lock, and -2 penalty to melee and close attack rolls against my allies UEMNT from Protective Hex.

End of turn saving throw in case I still need it: (1d20+2)[21]
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq drifted through the water unconscious and dying his healing symbol pulsed light to his faint breath of life.

Spoiler
    Show

Teshiq HP: -4/103 AC: 32 Fort: 25 Ref: 21 Will: 27
    Death Saving Throw: (1d20)[17]
    Last edited by A'den; 2011-08-03 at 08:58 AM.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

[OOC: Teshiq is conscious, Rahman healed him]
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Teshiq
    Thank you kindly, Rahman, says Teshiq to his kobold companion as he prays to Daq for healing magic. Despite his misgivings, he knows that Medinah's power is one of the things keeping the others safe, so he channels his divine power to the blasphemous machine to grant her relief from her wounds. He then swims forward and charges the most wounded shark, using a powerful finishing technique.

Minor Action: Healing Word @ Medinah
    Move Action + Standard Action: Move and Charge DS1 to (-B)4 depth E

Spoiler
    Show
    Healing Word: (3d6+31)[40] HP regained for Medinah, plus 5 for Teshiq.

Attack: (1d20+21)[39] vs. AC
    Hit: (1d10+9)[12] + (2d6)[10] finisher + (1d6)[4] radiant damage.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

The ruby on Medinah's necklace glows with receipt of the healing prayer to Daq, further restoring the warforged though it comes from her own life energy.

Spoiler
    Show

Free action: activate Amulet of Life's encounter power, use a second healing surge when an effect causes me to use one. She regains an additional 26 hit points.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

The Qius Sea - Enemy Phase

[OOC: Note to self, do 3D combat as infrequently as possible. The headache that is managing these maps and figuring out move actions is making me reluctant to update, and I hate it when I am reluctant to update]

Teshiq's attack nearly decapitates the demonic shark, but it moves aside just in time, accepting a glancing blow and leaving it on the verge of death.

Its demonic aura drives a nearby shark into action, however, and the nearly-dead shark and its ally gang up on the priest of Daq, ignoring any marks that might have been laid on them. His sword is a blur, deflecting incoming fangs and tapping sharks noses with the flats, effortlessly deflecting a series of attacks,

Meanwhile, the Pahari releases another cloud of illusionary smoke, vanishing from view. Dazed and grabbed as she is, her location is still obvious, but she is nonetheless harder to hit.

Other sharks move into position to assault Kihtsah; one lands a devastating blow on the bloodied dervish, but the other's attack is deflected by his divine mantle. Meanwhile, with no other targets available when the second demonic aura kicks in, the third and final mundane shark charges Hakhpur, who raps it on the nose to stop the initial charge, but its follow-up attack sneaks past his guard and leaves him bleeding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pahari creates a smoke screen and vanishes
    S1 charges Hakhpur [Miss]
    S3 charges Teshiq /w flanking [Miss]
    S2 shifts and then attacks Kihtsah [Critical; 30 damage + OG 5 fire]
    DS2 shifts and then attacks Kihtsah /w flanking [Miss]
    DS1 attacks Teshiq /w flanking [Miss]
    S1 attacks Hakhpur [Critical; 27 damage + OG 5 untyped]
    S3 attacks Teshiq /w flanking [Miss]

Map update soon

Nature 22 [Active]:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Having observed them for a while, you realize that the sharks instinctually attack anything that's bloodied; if given choices between multiple bloodied targets, they will pick the most tactically viable, but otherwise they will mercilessly strike at bloodied targets, regardless of marks, or even allegiance. The Pahari witch can abate their thirst with promises of blood, [aka choose their turn order to make sure they are attacking enemies and not allies] but if you can prevent them from bloodying hunters, they will go after other sharks. They won't go after the witch under any circumstances; the beasts, even the demonic ones, seem severely afraid of her.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Overhead:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sideview:
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 51/102 HP, 12/12 Surges, +2 AC, Bloodied
    Hakhpur (H); 26/95 HP, 7/7 Surges, OG 5, Bloodied
    Kihtsah (K); 18/111 HP, 8/8 Surges, +2 AC, OG5 fire, Bloodied
    Medinah (M); 103/105 HP, 12/13 Surges, Tyrannical Threat Buff, 10 THP
    Rahman (R); 113/113 HP, 18/18 Surges, +2 AC
    Teshiq (T); 41/103 HP, 8/8 Surges, +2 AC, RG 5, Weapon of the Gods, Bloodied

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demon Shark (DS1); Aegis (M) UEMNT, -6 ATK UEMNT, Cursed (M), Bloodied
    Demon Shark (DS2); Oath (K), Cursed (M), -6 ATK UEMNT, Bloodied
    Dire Shark (S1); Aegis (M) UEMNT, Cursed (M)
    Dire Shark (S2); Aegis (R), Cursed (M)
    Dire Shark (S3); Aegis (R)
    Pahari Sorceress (PS); Bloodied, Dazed UEHNT, Grabbed (Croc), -3 to Escape, Invisible

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demon Sharks:
    DS1 Damage: 176
    DS2 Damage: 137
    AC 27 or less
    Fortitude 25-28
    Reflex 23-32
    Will 26+

Dire Sharks:
    S1 Damage: 28
    S2 Damage: 43
    S3 Damage: 17
    AC 28+
    Fortitude 35 or less
    Reflex 24+
    Will 23-30
    Weakest Defense: Will
    Resistances: None

Pahari Sorceress:
    Damage: 80
    AC unknown
    Fortitude 24+
    Reflex 26 or less
    Will unknown
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-08-17 at 04:52 PM.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

As the illusionist vanishes, Amirah moves through the water in a flurry of bubbles, gaining some distance (and a large number of new krill) and then slamming against the place where the Pahari should be, hoping to compensate with sheer savagery the lack of a visible target to hit. At least her crocodile would have an easier time, since he already had his teeth around her leg.

Unfortunately, the Pahari manages to squirm just out of the way of the attacks, and all they manage is some ineffectual scratches.

Free: Switch to swarm form, +1AC +1Ref, +10 temp HP
    Minor: Active Nature Check
    Move: away from Pahari, until more than two squares away (probably not needed)
    Standard: Charge @Pahari, using Savage Rend (+2 Charge, +2 CA from flank, -5 from invisibility)
    Instinctive: Croc sustains grab and attacks again (+3 Instinctive, +2 CA from flank, -5 from invisibility)

Spoiler
    Show

Amirah (swarm form)
    HP 51+10/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (0 used /12)
    AC 34 Fort 27 Reflex 25 Will 28

Crocodile
    HP 51 Bloodied 25 Healing Surge 12 (0 used /0)
    AC 29 Fort 27 Reflex 24 Will 28 Speed 6 Swim 8

Nature Check - (1d20+18)[21]

To Hit with Charge - (1d20+17)[21] vs Reflex
    Charge Damage - (1d8+12)[20]

To Hit with Croc - (1d20+18)[21] vs Reflex
    Croc Damage - (1d8+10)[12]

Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2011-08-17 at 08:18 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

8. - Top - End - #428
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rahman Shamis, Kobold Swordmage

His sword flashing Silver, Rahman attempts to assault the shark directly in front of him.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Minor action to shift to E10, same depth
    Standard Action for Silverlight Strike on shark 2.
    Attack - (1d20+20)[29] vs AC.
    On hit, (1d8+14)[17] radiant damage, and everybody except Rahman is invisible to the shark UENT.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah Darimil, Dervish of Adimas

Kihtsah does not let his wounds hold him back. Moving out of his precarious position, he falls into a stance to hold off enemies that may try to surround him.

Move: Shift to C7, depth D
    Standard: Blade of repulsion on DS2
    Minor: Infallible Courage to get regen 5 while bloodied
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacks vs AC:
    (1d20+18)[31]
    (1d20+18)[36]
    Damage:
    (1d8+16)[24]
    Miss for half. Until the end of the encounter, I can push any enemy that ends it's turn by me 3 squares, and slow my oath target if it end adjacent to me.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Feeling newly refreshed, Medinah lashes out once more with her blade at the demon shark, hoping to put it down for good.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action: Eldritch Strike @ DS2
    Con (weapon) vs. AC: (1d20+21)[31] for (1d8+14)[15] psychic damage + (2d6)[2] curse damage and slide 1 square to the right, and -2 penalty to attack rolls UEMNT from Psychic Lock, and -2 penalty to melee and close attack rolls against my allies UEMNT from Protective Hex.

Bleh. Well, if that's enough to kill it, Relentless Curse as a free action to curse S3 (pact boon doesn't matter), move action to move to D12 depth E, and if I can see the Pahari when I'm adjacent to her, minor action to curse her--if I can't then nothing.

If it's not enough to kill it, then I'll just shift 1 square to the right and curse S3 (if I can't see the pahari I can't curse her).
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2011-08-19 at 08:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

"RRRWWOOAARR!!!"

Teshiq roared defiance at the sharks after the dizzying array of attacks he parried with his sword skill. The spark of survival flared to life in him. Daq's teaching did not preach a bland lack of emotions, Balance was an ideal but being constantly balanced in deposition was not Balance in of itself. The bestial battle cry ripped from Teshiq's throat in a stream of bubbles but underlying that was a vibration of menace and power. The invisible vibrations of energy rippled through the water from the priest like a kinetic affect. The energy whipped against the sharks around him just as he lunged and cut with his blade. The ripples continued out and poured healing energy and encouragement into his bloodied allies powered by his fervent feelings and thirst for life.

As he watched the energy didn't quite reach Amirah he bellowed a word of divine power in another stream of bubbles divine energies immediately manifested in Amirah like a thousand feather's brushed each member of the swarm with a fresh surge of energy and dulled the pain of injury.

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge Nature (1d20+12)[22]
    Standard Action:Battle Cry!
    Close Burst 3 vs Fort
    Attack vs DS1 (1d20+15)[24]
    Attack vs S3 (1d20+15)[16]
    Hit: (2d10+8)[23] Divine + (1d6)[6] Radiant
    Affect: Each Bloodied Ally, and me get a Healing Surge + 5 + (2d6)[5] within 10 squares:
    Hakhpur, Kihtsah, and Teshiq.
    Since Weapon of the Gods added Radiant to the attack Radiant Vessel kicks in and adds 2d6 to the healing bonus from Healer's Lore
    Swift Action: Healing Word on Amirah
    Ranged 15: Gain a Healing Surge + 5 + (5d6)[17]
    Move Action: to -A9 Depth D
    Regenerate 5
    Last edited by A'den; 2011-08-19 at 05:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #432

Hakhpur
    Engrossed in his pursuit of the sorceress, Hakhpur is surprised the attack he sustained at the hands of the shark and shifts quickly off to the side. Blood flowing from his wounds, Hakhpur calls upon the arcane energy within it, and fires an unmitigated bolt of furious magic toward his foe.
    Edit to clarify: The target is the shark.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Essence of Arcane Blood.
    To hit: (1d20+18)[27] vs. Reflex
    Damage: [roll]3d8+1d6+22[/roll]
    Last edited by Alteran; 2011-08-29 at 02:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433

Roll for the previous post (not sure how to get multiple die sizes to work together).

Spoiler
    Show
    Damage: (3d8+22)[38] + (1d6)[6]

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

As the sharks get desperate and unleash a slew of mostly unsuccessful attacks, the Hunters give a returning salvo that demolishes their foes. Kihtsah bats one of the demon sharks to the side with the flat of his shortsword and then turns his khpesh around and plunges it into the beast's mouth, up through the skull and into its brain. As he withdraws his weapon, the life in its eyes are extinguished and its fins stop moving. Seeing her quarry slain, Medinah instead turns her baleful gaze on the other demon shark; the magic beam that is fired from her eyes strikes it in the head, frying its brain and killing it instantly. Meanwhile, Hakhpur's blast of deadly elemental magic courses through the body of his target, splitting the skin in places and having the beast begin to bleed. Though Amirah and Teshiq's attacks fail to hit their intended quarries, Rahman is more successful; his attack nearly misses, but he uses his aegis shielding to shove the beast back into the path of his magic-infused blade at the last moment. Taking advantage of the beast's heightened predator instinct, his spell blinds it to all of its favoured quarries, forcing it to fight its instincts and fight him instead.

The shark fighting Teshiq gives into its instincts and maneuvers towards Kihtsah, assaulting the dervish despite his whirling blades; at the same time, another shark, sufficiently dissuaded by Hakhpur's spell and smelling the fresh blood of Kihtsah also charges the genie-blooded kobold. His blades are too quick, however; both attacks are deflected by the whirling dance and he pommels one shark in the nose as his foot lashes out at the other; no serious damage is done, but the kobold's strength is sufficient to give him room to chase them away with his blades. Rahman is not so luck; even though the shark he glamoured attacks hesitantly as it betrays its instincts, it still manages to get past his warding and bite him firmly on the arm, causing a bleeding wound.

Meanwhile, as the mist fades, the pahari witch is still nowhere to be seen. The crocodile suddenly relinquishes its grip on her and backs away from her; she accepts parting shots from Amirah and Medinah, though both have trouble finding her elusive, invisible form.

Spoiler
    Show
    I wasn't sure that Teshiq wanted to move (since that'd mean taking free shots from both the sharks, which seemed like a bad idea), so I just had him stay put (this way the shark can't charge anyone safely). Medinah couldn't see the pahari once she got adjacent; the concealment just lets her use a passive ability which gives her true invisibility.

In terms of off-turn actions, Kihtsah gets to push sharks 1 and 3. Meanwhile, shark 2 (even though I gave it a -3 penalty for betraying its Need to Feed ability) still hits Rahman, dealing 20 base damage and ongoing 5 untyped damage.

The Pahari solidly crits the croc with a forced movement charm, breaking the grab by sending it to C9-B10 depth F-G and dealing 24 psychic damage. Amirah and Medinah both get opportunity attacks; Amirah can make hers through the croc if she wants, but it won't keep the grab in place even on a hit. Remember the -5 for total concealment; she is still invisible. She then presumably swims off, though you can't be totally sure.

Map updates to follow very soon. Feel free to choose which squares Kihtsah pushes the sharks to and to roll AoOs vs. the witch in the meantime.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Overhead:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]0[/IMG]

Sideview:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]0[/IMG]

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 98/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, +2 AC UEE, +1 AC/Ref UEANT, 10 THP
    Hakhpur (H); 54/95 HP, 6/7 Surges,
    Kihtsah (K); 55/111 HP, 8/8 Surges, +2 AC, Regen 5 (Active), Repulsion UEE, Bloodied
    Rahman (R); 93/113 HP, 18/18 Surges, +2 AC, OG5
    Teshiq (T); 76/103 HP, 8/8 Surges, +2 AC, RG 5, Weapon of the Gods,
    Crocodile (C): 27/51 HP, 0 Surges,

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demon Shark (DS1); Dead
    Demon Shark (DS2); Dead
    Dire Shark (S1); Aegis (M) UEMNT, Cursed (M), Bloodied
    Dire Shark (S2); Aegis (R), Cursed (M), Silverlighted UERNT
    Dire Shark (S3); Aegis (R), Cursed (M)
    Pahari Sorceress (PS); Bloodied, Invisible

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demon Sharks:
    DS1 Health: 0/182
    DS2 Health: 0/182
    AC 27 or less
    Fortitude 25-28
    Reflex 23-32
    Will 26+

Dire Sharks:
    S1 Health: 72/144
    S2 Health: 84/144
    S3 Health: 127/144
    AC 29
    Fortitude 35 or less
    Reflex 24-27
    Will 23-30

Pahari Sorceress:
    Health: 53/133
    AC unknown
    Fortitude 24+
    Reflex 22-26
    Will unknown
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

As the sharks get desperate and unleash a slew of mostly unsuccessful attacks, the Hunters give a returning salvo that demolishes their foes. Kihtsah bats one of the demon sharks to the side with the flat of his shortsword and then turns his khpesh around and plunges it into the beast's mouth, up through the skull and into its brain. As he withdraws his weapon, the life in its eyes are extinguished and its fins stop moving. Seeing her quarry slain, Medinah instead turns her baleful gaze on the other demon shark; the magic beam that is fired from her eyes strikes it in the head, frying its brain and killing it instantly. Meanwhile, Hakhpur's blast of deadly elemental magic courses through the body of his target, splitting the skin in places and having the beast begin to bleed. Though Amirah and Teshiq's attacks fail to hit their intended quarries, Rahman is more successful; his attack nearly misses, but he uses his aegis shielding to shove the beast back into the path of his magic-infused blade at the last moment. Taking advantage of the beast's heightened predator instinct, his spell blinds it to all of its favoured quarries, forcing it to fight its instincts and fight him instead.

The shark fighting Teshiq gives into its instincts and maneuvers towards Kihtsah, assaulting the dervish despite his whirling blades; at the same time, another shark, sufficiently dissuaded by Hakhpur's spell and smelling the fresh blood of Kihtsah also charges the genie-blooded kobold. His blades are too quick, however; both attacks are deflected by the whirling dance and he pommels one shark in the nose as his foot lashes out at the other; no serious damage is done, but the kobold's strength is sufficient to give him room to chase them away with his blades. Rahman is not so luck; even though the shark he glamoured attacks hesitantly as it betrays its instincts, it still manages to get past his warding and bite him firmly on the arm, causing a bleeding wound.

Meanwhile, as the mist fades, the pahari witch is still nowhere to be seen. The crocodile suddenly relinquishes its grip on her and backs away from her; she accepts parting shots from Amirah and Medinah, though both have trouble finding her elusive, invisible form.

Spoiler
    Show
    I wasn't sure that Teshiq wanted to move (since that'd mean taking free shots from both the sharks, which seemed like a bad idea), so I just had him stay put (this way the shark can't charge anyone safely). Medinah couldn't see the pahari once she got adjacent; the concealment just lets her use a passive ability which gives her true invisibility.

In terms of off-turn actions, Kihtsah gets to push sharks 1 and 3. Meanwhile, shark 2 (even though I gave it a -3 penalty for betraying its Need to Feed ability) still hits Rahman, dealing 20 base damage and ongoing 5 untyped damage.

The Pahari solidly crits the croc with a forced movement charm, breaking the grab by sending it to C9-B10 depth F-G and dealing 24 psychic damage. Amirah and Medinah both get opportunity attacks; Amirah can make hers through the croc if she wants, but it won't keep the grab in place even on a hit. Remember the -5 for total concealment; she is still invisible. She then presumably swims off, though you can't be totally sure.

Map updates to follow very soon. Feel free to choose which squares Kihtsah pushes the sharks to and to roll AoOs vs. the witch in the meantime.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show
    Overhead:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sideview:
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 98/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, +2 AC UEE, +1 AC/Ref UEANT, 10 THP
    Hakhpur (H); 54/95 HP, 6/7 Surges,
    Kihtsah (K); 55/111 HP, 8/8 Surges, +2 AC, Regen 5 (Active), Repulsion UEE, Bloodied
    Rahman (R); 93/113 HP, 18/18 Surges, +2 AC, OG5
    Teshiq (T); 76/103 HP, 8/8 Surges, +2 AC, RG 5, Weapon of the Gods,
    Crocodile (C): 27/51 HP, 0 Surges,

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demon Shark (DS1); Dead
    Demon Shark (DS2); Dead
    Dire Shark (S1); Aegis (M) UEMNT, Cursed (M), Bloodied
    Dire Shark (S2); Aegis (R), Cursed (M), Silverlighted UERNT
    Dire Shark (S3); Aegis (R), Cursed (M)
    Pahari Sorceress (PS); Bloodied, Invisible

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Demon Sharks:
    DS1 Health: 0/182
    DS2 Health: 0/182
    AC 27 or less
    Fortitude 25-28
    Reflex 23-32
    Will 26+

Dire Sharks:
    S1 Health: 72/144
    S2 Health: 84/144
    S3 Health: 127/144
    AC 29
    Fortitude 35 or less
    Reflex 24-27
    Will 23-30

Pahari Sorceress:
    Health: 53/133
    AC unknown
    Fortitude 24+
    Reflex 22-26
    Will unknown
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-08-30 at 03:36 PM.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

Swearing his oath against the nearest shark, Kihtsah swims up and strikes hard against one flank, distracting it and giving Rahman an open shot.

Free: Regen 5 hp
    Move: to D7, Depth C
    Minor: Oath on S2
    Standard: Leading Strike on S2
    Spoiler
    Show

Attacks vs AC:
    (1d20+20)[29]
    (1d20+20)[32]
    Damage: (1d8+16)[23]
    On Hit, Rahman gets a +5 to his next damage roll against S2.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Without the pahari anywhere to be seen, Medinah charges the best available target remaining--the bloodied dire shark she'd tried to force into attacking her earlier. She darts through the water, attempting to spear it onto the end of her longsword.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action, charge at S1 using Eldritch Strike as MBA.
    Con (weapon) vs. AC: (1d20+22)[33] for (1d8+14)[22] psychic damage + (2d6)[9] curse damage and slide the target 1 square to the left, and Psychic Lock and Protective Hex.

18. - Top - End - #438

Rahman Shamis, Kobold Swordmage

Rahman struck at the shark closest to him again, and pushed himself backward, tempting the shark to follow.

Spoiler
    Show

Ongoing damage = Rahman HP is 88
    Booming Blade on D Shark 2
    "Attack - (1d20+20)[22] vs AC
    On hit: (1d8+15)[20] damage, and the shark takes (1d6+8)[11] if the shark moves away from Rahman.
    Minor action to shift to F 11.

Saving throw: (1d20+2)[9]
    Last edited by ninja_penguin; 2011-09-02 at 10:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

Character Roster:

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq, Human Warpriest

Teshiq kicked his feet and propelled himself deeper into the water after the shark his blade of radiant light shining in the murk. The sword flared briefly infused with Teshiq's wrathful will then sliced at the shark's snout.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: B4 Depth H
    AttacK: Wrath of the Faithful
    Attack:(1d20+20)[22]
    Hit: 4|W (4d10+9)[37] Divine and (1d6)[1] Radiant Damage
    Invoke Saving Grace: Rahman gets a +5 to his ST against the OG5
    Last edited by A'den; 2011-09-03 at 09:02 AM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

With the witch nowhere in sight, and her croc sporting a massive new wound, Amirah takes a breather, and performs a simple charm that transfers some of her insects' vitae to the croc, lessening the pain of the gaping wound. Then, she commands him to go help Medinah.

Standard: order croc to take second wind
    Minor: order croc to move to -A,9, depth F

Spoiler
    Show

Amirah (swarm form)
    HP 51+10/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (0 used /12)
    AC 34 Fort 27 Reflex 25 Will 28

Crocodile
    HP 39 Bloodied 25 Healing Surge 12 (0 used /0)
    AC 29 Fort 27 Reflex 24 Will 28 Speed 6 Swim 8

Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2011-09-03 at 08:22 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Hakhpur
    This is a waste of time! The Captain is in trouble, and we're wasting time on these mindless beasts! growls the gnoll sorcerer furiously. They are weakened; I'll handle them. The rest of you, catch up with that witch and show those pirates why we are the Hunters and they the Hunted! he barks as arcane energy begins to flow into him, drawing the sharks like a lodestone. As they attack, he lets fly his magic and a furious battle begins. The rest of the Hunters, trusting his judgment, reluctantly proceed towards the Midnight Mirage and its slowly receeding hull, leaving their companion alone with the sharks.

Spoiler
    Show
    You may each spend a single healing surge and regain all of your encounter powers. The ship is moving away, but not too quickly; your weathered eyes tell you that it is not fully crewed, and therefore suboptimally fast. You should be able to catch up, but the pahari will arrive well ahead of you. What is the plan?
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah raised his Kophesh to his forehead to salute Hakhpur before turning and going after the ship. "Will do. And then we'll come back for you. May Admias' fortune be with you."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll spend the healing surge, obviously.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq looked up to see the ship departing.

"Looks like we have few choices, chase the ship. Unless we can get ahead of it."
    Last edited by A'den; 2011-09-10 at 02:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Giving Hakhpur a long, hard, expressionless look, Medinah then nods at him in understanding of what he's doing, before turning and speeding toward the Mirage as fast as she could swim.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Sending a thought exclusively to the crocodile, Amirah orders him, "Stay, and help Hakhpur." For a second, she considers adding an order to have them join them when they are done, but the crocodile won't remember it. Besides, the magic that kept him here was almost used up - it might not last long enough for a second fight.

"Lets go!" she says, to the rest of them, swimming towards the ship, loosing depth. She shows no emotion at leaving Hakpur behind - that's what a good drone does, after all.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2011-09-10 at 02:29 PM.

26. - Top - End - #446

Rahman Shamins, Kobold Swordmage

Rahman nods in seriousness as the hunters separate, hurriedly trying to keep pace with the rest of hunters.

Spoiler
    Show

Spending Healing surge, obviously.
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah's swarm slides through the water effortlessly, still surrounded by the thousands of bubbles. As the group nears their ship, she angles upwards, and allows some of her swarm to break out into the air above and take a look at the ship, adjusting so that the fog covers her from the sight of anyone on the ship, and listens for sounds of fighting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 on perception (total 28), and Perception - (1d20+18)[25]

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

The Midnight Mirage - Qius Sea

Amirah:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear a voice barking orders in Common. The Captain wants that one bound and gagged! I don't want him killing any more sailors, understood? We're moving slow as-is, and we can't handle any more delays! The accent is definitely Alhaggan; she thinks it could be First Mate One-Eye speaking, but she can't see through the fog well enough to be sure. If it is Captain One-Eye, he'd be referring to a subdued pirate; if its not, you're uncertain which of the crew on the Midnight Mirage would be deadly enough with knives to elicit such a response from an enemy. You might attempt to move in for a closer look at the scene to get a more concrete idea of what is going on.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah silently sends what she has heard to the rest of the team, and then gathers herself into a small tight swarm, pushing herself out of the water and with a mental grunt, up into the fog, flying close to the hull to prevent anyone not looking straight down the side from seeing her. She makes her way upwards, angling towards the aft castle and hiding amongst the many ropes, trying to get a glimpse of the deck without being spotted herself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Black Harbinger, obviously. Team, feel free to read the spoiler above, Amirah sends it in full to all of you.

Since I am now Tiny in size, I should get a bonus to hiding, I would hope. Take 10, for 18 + whatever bonuses I get from staying out of sight, size, fog, etc.

Still using full range of perception

(also, guys, if you want me to pass on any further info, one of you may have to surface to keep an eye on Amirah - her telepathy is LoS)

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

The Midnight Mirage - Qius Sea

Amirah:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can see now that the lizardman standing at the wheel is certainly not the kindly, sarcastic one-eyed man you know and respect. This one has both of its eyes, and a downright spiteful disposition. Through the fog, none on board take notice of the little bugs and such that cling amongst the rigging. You are not confident, however, that the fog alone would be enough to conceal you; you can only really glimpse the stern region of the ship. Amirah is somewhat surprised when the lizardman barks some more orders, but she carefully does not reveal her hiding spot.

Alright. Throw that damn gnoll in the brig with the rest of em'. Vertasi'll be happy that that one's been handled, he says, patting a hand crossbow holstered at his side. Suddenly, another voice emerges. Ariella has returned and reported to the Captain, sir! She left the Hunters at the mercy of her sharks, but she is not confident; we must ready weapons and man battle stations!

Amirah is behind the lizardman, but she is pretty sure he scowls at this, then grins. She should have reported to me. The flighty bitch still doesn't trust me... he says, but it is a half-heated reprimand. All hands, prepare for battle! We've got a real challenge coming up soon. Leave the kobold to me, understood? Anyone denies me my honour, I'll kill em' where they stand! At that, the boat comes alive with motion as pirates draw weapons and prepare at any moment to be boarded. Amirah sees a few of them drag the limp form of Kalam below decks; a crossbow quarrel is embedded in his shoulder.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-09-14 at 08:25 PM.
    My Homebrew