New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Hourglass of Zihaja D&D 4e] Heroes on a Sea of Swords IC

Medinah

Medinah, with her head light turned off, swims upward so that her head is just barely peeking up above the waves, hoping that'll be enough for her to hear from Amirah just what the devil is going on up there on the ship.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

"The shark!witch got here before we did," Amirah sends to her friend, "and they're expecting us. They don't seem nice people. They hurt Kalam! And they're throwing him in the brig! But they haven't seen me yet. Their second in command is at the wheel, but I can't see their captain!queen-wasp or the shark!witch."

"Should I distract them so you can all climb aboard?"
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq

"Their quite a many to take on alone! Wait for our signal and then distract."

Teshiq sends ahead worriedly as he struggles through the water to gain enough on the ship to climb aboard from the bow of the ship from the deeps.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A'den View Post
    Teshiq

"Their quite a many to take on alone! Wait for our signal and then distract."

Teshiq sends ahead worriedly as he struggles through the water to gain enough on the ship to climb aboard from the bow of the ship from the deeps.
    Amirah, Living Swarm

"But We're not alone... ever," Amirah points out, "We are legion, and I can call on my friends from Elsewhere to help. It will be safer for you to climb aboard when the pirate!wasps are looking at Us"
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq

Teshiq didn't reply but he did send an emotion of calm readiness through the bond as he moved into position. Just below the surface at the front of the craft he braced himself against the press of the water against the hull.

Spoiler
    Show
    Athletics (1d20+11)[30]
    Stealth (1d20+6)[8]

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Amirah, Living Swarm

"The shark!witch got here before we did," Amirah sends to her friend, "and they're expecting us. They don't seem nice people. They hurt Kalam! And they're throwing him in the brig! But they haven't seen me yet. Their second in command is at the wheel, but I can't see their captain!queen-wasp or the shark!witch."

"Should I distract them so you can all climb aboard?"
    Medinah

Amirah's able to sense a deep and growing anger from her mechanical friend, who doesn't say anything at first. Finally, Medinah sends back, Affirmative. I will come from behind and meet you in the middle.

From her aftward position, Medinah looks for a viable target for her Avernian step, hiding as best she can.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth: (1d20+7)[26]
    Perception if needed: (1d20+7)[21]

7. - Top - End - #457
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rahman Shamis, Kobold Swordmage

Rahman swam under the surface close to Medinah. He gestured to a point on the side of the ship where he was planning to make his arrival onto the ship. As they still waited, he mentally focused himself, concentrating his mind and folding his warding in a different way that Voice had taught him.

(Minor action: Activating Impenetrable warding, Rahman's Non AC-defenses gain a +3 bonus)
    Last edited by ninja_penguin; 2011-09-17 at 09:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah Darimil, Dervish of Adimas

Kihtsah follows Teshiq in beginning to climb up the bow of the ship, eager to get onboard and save their ship.

Spoiler
    Show
    Athletics-(1d20+15)[19]
    Stealth-(1d20+9)[10]
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

The Qius Sea - Midnight Mirage

There's movement on the port bow, Commander! growls a gnoll pirate standing at the bow rail, spying the not-so-stealthy Teshiq and Kihtsah through the fog.

They're here! Wait for them to board; I'm not interested in wasting quarrels shooting in this Limalia-damned fog. The Queen of Trials wishes to challenge us! shouts the lizardman. Can you hear me, dog of Adimas? I am Qurab Benu'alas; you killed my brother, prepare to die!

Amirah
    Spoiler
    Show
    After his battle cry, the lizardman touches a pendant on his neck, which glows twice. A soft magical sheen seems to coat him, a magic Amirah can only perceive because of her heightened magical senses; laymen would not be able to see it.

Kihtsah
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel an overwhelming magical compulsion come over you, along with flashbacks of the religious conflict back in Alaqur. It feels not unlike the Aegis that Rahman and Medinah use in combat; you've experienced it in sparring sessions.

Crunch: You are marked by Commander Qurab Benu'alas. If you do not obey the mark, the penalty is -4, not -2.

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies for the delays, and the low quality of the map making. My priority was to get it up. You guys get to act first here; they know you're around, but they are forfeiting initiative at Qurab's insistence.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 98/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, 10 THP
    Kihtsah (K); 82/111 HP, 7/8 Surges, Marked (Q)
    Medinah (M); 103/105 HP, 12/13 Surges,
    Rahman (R); 93/113 HP, 18/18 Surges,
    Teshiq (T); 101/103 HP, 6/8 Surges,

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gnoll Pirate (P8);
    Male Human Pirate (P9);
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P10);
    Male Human Pirate (P11);
    Female Human Pirate (P12);
    Qurab Benu'alas (Qurab);

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing Yet
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-09-23 at 11:33 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

With a silent sigh only Medinah can hear, Amirah moves forward to make the best of what is left of the surprise. A small tornado of insects forms next to the male pirate, and Amirah is already chanting her summoning even before her form becomes defined. As her arms and hands are formed, they rush to catch up. The usual portal opens, and a snarling wolf burst forth behind the distracted male pirate, barreling into him.

Free: Wild Shape into humanoid, +1AC +1Ref, shift to N19
    Standard: Summon Pack Wolf @N17, attack P11
    (reserve: may use an Action point, depending on the result of the attack)
    Spoiler
    Show

Amirah (Humanoid form)
    HP 102+10/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (2 used /12)
    AC 32 Fort 27 Reflex 25 Will 28

Wolf
    HP 51/51 Bloodied 25 Healing Surge 12 (2 used /12)
    AC 31 Fort 27 Reflex 24 Will 28

Wolf to hit - (1d20+20)[22] vs Reflex, w/CA
    Damage - (1d6+10)[13], if hit knocks prone

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Angry and frustrated, Medinah swims around to the port side of the ship, hoping to catch a glimpse of a pirate unlucky enough to be useful as a ladder.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to move to circle down to S-17.

I'll post the remainder of her action(s) after seeing what that uncovered.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2011-09-25 at 03:40 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

The Midnight Mirage - Mid-Player Phase Update
    As Amirah swarms the hapless pirate and summons her Wolf companion, the man screams; he desperately throws himself out of the path of the wolf that comes charging through the portal. Ahhhhh! he shouts, turning from the swarm to the wolf and back again, brandishing his cutlass and trying to determine which is the greater threat. Qurab shakes his head. I am surrounded by idiots! he snaps. Limalli letkolo ve, he grumbles in Alhaggi.

Meanwhile, as Medinah carefully swims around the side of the ship, she catches sight of the vague form of a gnollish pirate through the fog, standing at attention at the rail, and brandishing his cutlass rather nervously.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

After spotting the gnollish pirate, Medinah doesn't waste any time, vanishing from the water and appearing quite suddenly right next to him out of a cloud of brimstone ash. She inveighs curses upon him and upon the one who called himself Qurab, and issues him an ultimatum:

"Release the crew and surrender. Failure to do so will result in your destruction."

Spoiler
    Show

Trading standard action for another move action to use Avernian Challenge to teleport to Q-15 and minor action to curse P5 and Qurab.

Too bad I already used my action point, but oh well.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2011-09-25 at 06:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Hearing the lizardman's challenge, Kihtsah's blood runs cold and he rushes up the side of the ship. His voice has a tone of regret as he answers Qurab, "You are right, I did. Blood was shed on both sides that day, unnecessary blood. The others had no part in it though, let us settle this ourselves and let this quarrel end today. Limalia provides enough challenges without seeking more out, does she not?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Two athletics checks to get up the side of the ship.
    (1d20+15)[23]
    (1d20+15)[25]
    I assume it takes two move actions to get up there, since I climb at half-speed.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2011-09-25 at 08:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465

As the other hunters swam around to board, Rahman simply slipped himself across space with his magics, landing him at the back of the ship's deck and providing him with a view of the nearest pirate. With a shout of challenge, Rahman closed with his magics and his weapons.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action:Armanthor's Step to O21.
    Minor action to mark Pirate 12
    (Can't charge with only one space, right?)
    Minor action to shift to O20
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

Character Roster:

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

There's no time to use this contraption of the Warforged's; I must get up there! thinks Teshiq, holstering the boarding bow and, in an unusual feat of athleticism, easily scaling the forecastle. He arrives up above unarmed, but ready nonetheless for battle.

Minor Action: Stow Crossbow
    Move Action: Climb 3 squares
    Move Action: Climb 3 squares

I can smell you, coward! Hiding in the sea witch's fog! Alaq, use that wand we found in the ruins; yes, the green one! I want to see my foe. At Qurab's order, a human in the crow's nest draws a wand and triggers it; a wind sweeps across the deck, dispersing the fog. His visibility restored, the archer then takes a shot at Teshiq with the hand crossbow in his order hand, trying to isolate Kihtsah. The priest dodges the bolt, despite his heavy armor. With unnatural quickness, Qurab takes a step back and then charges forward, vaulting over the rain and onto the main deck, swiping at Medinah with his rapier en passant; luckily her warding parries the blow, but before she can make an opportunistic attack, he slips past her and fires a quarrel at Rahman. This one lands, and Rahman can instantly feel a dreadful poison seep into his system. You want your friends out of this, genieblood? Fine! They can join your Captain in the brig while I gut you like the swine you are! he calls out, as the other pirates leap into action. The gnoll next to Medinah swings at her; a woman from across the ship and a man from down the rail also charge her, backing her up against the stairs. She easily parries and denies their clumsy efforts. The two lizardfolk dash up to confront the wolf; one grabs a rigging line and uses it to vault up onto the sterncastle, while the other accepts the less favourable stairwell position. Now with a flanking partner, the human decides the biggest threat is the wolf, not the bees, and so he brings his cutlass around. All three attacks land; the pirates' teamwork brutally savages the unfortunate beast. Meanwhile, a gigantic gnoll wielding several axes plants one in the wall, which he uses to quickly leap up to the upper deck, deftly evading both the wolf and Medinah's threats and charging Rahman with another axe. The human woman engaging Rahman makes a failed attacks and moves out of the way as the gnoll charges, but Rahman's warding stops the furious hyenaman in his tracks. The gnoll confronting Teshiq slashes at him and backs off, leaving a minor wound, while his human companion takes a running start and tries to skewer the unfortunately unarmed priest, causing much more grievous damage. An imposing figure backs away from the door to the officers' quarters and laughs. Ye look awfully green fer a pirate hunter, lass; has Shaur gone soft? he asks Medinah. Furious, she turns her attention to him; she lets her guard down long enough for the three surrounding her to attempt attacks, though her warding deflects two of the poor blows, the third hits home, exacerbating Medinah's fury. The pirate only laughs more.

Rahman
    Spoiler
    Show
    Being an alchemist, you know a little about the poison that has just entered your bloodstream. It will make you sluggish; eventually you'll collapse, and then fall unconscious altogether.

Crunch: Slowed (save ends).
    First Failed Save: Prone, cannot stand (save ends).
    Second Failed Save: Unconscious (save ends).

For each failed saving throw, you take a cumulative -1 penalty to saves against the effect.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medinah takes 10 damage; she got off light after six attacks. She is also marked until the end of her next turn by Pirate 4. Rahman was hit by Qurab's quarrel, dealing 28 damage and slowing him (save ends). This bloodies him, costing him a Conservation Surge.

The wolf, unfortunately, was hit three times. He takes 32 total damage from the assault. Teshiq was hit twice, for a total of 23 damage. No other attacks landed.

Thank's to Alaq's Wind Wand, the fog has been dispersed around the ship. A) It was annoying to work with in MapTools. B) It would have made this encounter a lot more difficult for ranged characters on both sides.

Oh, and it may look like Alaq's on ground level, but he's actually in the Crow's Nest. That square is a mast.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 98/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, 10 THP
    Kihtsah (K); 82/111 HP, 7/8 Surges, Marked (Q)
    Medinah (M); 93/105 HP, 12/13 Surges, Marked (P4) UEMNT
    Rahman (R); 55/113 HP, 17/18 Surges, Slowed (SE), Bloodied
    Teshiq (T); 78/103 HP, 6/8 Surges, Weapon Sheathed
    Wolf (W); 19/51 HP, Bloodied

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Female Human Pirate (P1);
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P2);
    Alaq, Human Mercenary (P3);
    Male Human Pirate (P4);
    Gnoll Pirate (P5); Marked (M) UEMNT
    Gnoll Pirate (P6);
    Male Human Pirate (P7);
    Gnoll Pirate (P8);
    Male Human Pirate (P9);
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P10);
    Male Human Pirate (P11);
    Female Human Pirate (P12); Aegis (R)
    Qurab Benu'alas (Qurab);

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing Yet
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-10-10 at 11:53 PM.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

An angry buzz bursts out of Amirah's whole body as her poor wolf takes massive punishment. "Bad pirate-wasps. Bad! Lets see how you like Playing with my other friend."

Sidestepping the closer pirate, Amirah quickly completes another summoning. A tiger is now behind the pirate and while he remains distracted by Amirah's gestures, swipes.

Amirah then disperses, her form turning into an angry insect cloud that tears into the other pirates trying to gain the top deck while her pets snarl and bite at everything around them. The deck is soon covered in blood from the pirates, and the wolf looks like the feast has replenished him.

Minor: Tightened Control (stance; summons gain +2 to hit & damage when not instinctive attack)
    Move: Shift to M18. +1AC, +1Ref
    Standard: Summon Savage Tiger @ O17-P18. Attacks P11
    Free: Wild Shape to swarm form. Shift to M17
    Action Point: Flowing Swarm @ M14-O16. Shift to N16, M17, M16, M17
    Action Point: Free Order to Tiger, attack P11 (if dead, P10. If dead, P6 with CA)
    Instinctive: Wolf +6HP, attacks P11 (if dead, P10. If dead, P2. If dead, move to O20)

Spoiler
    Show

Amirah (Swarm form)

Wolf (Bloodied)
    HP 25/51 Bloodied 25

Tiger
    HP 51/51 Bloodied 25

To Hit Tiger first attack - (1d20+22)[32] vs Reflex
    Damage - (2d8+12)[17]

Flowing Swarm vs Fortitude
    To Hit P10 - (1d20+18)[35]
    To Hit P4 - (1d20+18)[19]
    To Hit P2 - (1d20+18)[33]
    Damage - (2d6+10)[20]
    Edit: if hit, the ones I shift over also take 5 extra damage each (P2, P10 if applicable)

To Hit Tiger second attack - (1d20+20)[39] vs Reflex
    Damage - (2d8+12)[21]

To Hit Wolf instinctive - (1d20+21)[33] vs Reflex
    Damage - (1d6+10)[13]

Since I can't roll worth a damn, I think I'm going with sheer numbers over substance...
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2011-10-11 at 09:00 AM.

18. - Top - End - #468

Rahman staggered back as the poison began to take effect in his system. Wanting to keep distance between the large gnoll in case it got worse, he swung his scimitar in a arc as flame erupted from the blade and leaped off onto the deck in a line between them.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action: Shift back to 020.
    Standard Action: Flamewall strike on P19,20,21
    All enemies who start their turn there or move through take 1d8+8 fire damage.
    Damage on gnoll (at the start of his turn): (1d8+8)[9] fire damage
    Saving throw: (1d20)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

With her infernal-powered rage growing further, Medinah curses the two pirates in front of her and calls out Qurab to "Fight me, if you dare," backing it up with her magical aegis.

She then turns her attention to the pirate who had mocked (and marked) her, and suddenly she drops her illusionary guise to reveal her true Warforged form. "Your analysis is incorrect, I am in fact silver," Medinah deadpans. "And you are the colour of death."

She punctuates that with a sweep of her blade, which release arcing beams at the two pirates she just cursed along with the rude pirate while taking advantage of the distraction to shift upstairs.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action Twofold Curse at P1 and P7.
    Move-to-minor action to mark Qurab.
    Standard action Skirmisher's Volley @ P1, P4 and P7.
    Con implement vs. Ref (Melee Implement is in effect)
    P1: (1d20+18)[29]
    P4: (1d20+18)[35]
    P7: (1d20+18)[21]
    Damage, for what it's worth: (1d8+10)[18] plus usual debuffs, and I shift 1 square +1 square per target hit, will wait to see how many that is.

Edit: I'm guessing 2 hit, so I'll shift to P-17.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2011-10-11 at 08:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah's blades whip out of their sheaths. The half-genie strikes at both pirates, his blades covering his advance on the lizardman. As he scampers forward, Kihtsah shouts at his companions, "Don't get involved! This one is mine."

Minor: Draw Kopesh
    Minor: Draw short sword
    Standard: Dancing strikes, ending in N7
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dancing Strikes:
    Primary attack on P9 vs AC with Kopesh-(1d20+14)[19] (including marked penalty)
    Damage-(2d8+9)[16]
    Effect:Move to O7, provoking no AoO on a hit.
    Secondary attack on P8 vs AC with short sword-(1d20+14)[29]
    Damage-(1d6+9)[11]
    Hit: +2 to AC and Reflex against O7's attacks until end of next turn.
    Shift to N7 as a free action.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah's assault on the sterncastle slays three pirates cleanly, and the gigantic tiger savages the gnoll while the wolf charges down to meet the officer on the main deck. Rahman's fire spell engulfs the injured gnoll, causing further damage and cutting off the woman's approach.

Medinah spreads her deadly magic among the pirates, slaying a woman and using the distraction to retreat up the stairs near the tiger.

Kihtsah's first strike is dodged by the pirate, and so his follow-up parry is off-timing and the pirate scores a passing attack. A second strike to the gnoll proves more effective; the short sword slips between two ribs and as it withdraws, the gnoll collapses dead.

Out of my way! shouts Teshiq as he draws his bastard sword from the scabbard, infusing it with Daq's energy. I shall bring balance by answering your villainy with justice! he pronounces as he slashes the man on the foredeck and shifting past.

Minor Action: Draw Bastard Sword
    Standard Action: 1A - Priest's Shield @ P9
    Move Action: Shift to O5

I can feel your friend's magic on me, dog of Adimas. Can you not fight your own battles? taunts Qurab as he rushes Kihtsah with his rapier; regardless of the results of the rapid attack, he deeks backwards and fires his hand crossbow at Kihtsah, ignoring Medinah's aegis. He follows up that shot with another charge, trying to completely devastate his foe as quickly as possible. Kihtsah is hit by the first attack, and he feels the poison coating the blade enter his system. He dodges the bolt; he sees the amulet flare to life at that, but nothing seems to happen. The charging attack is also easily parried; now the two of them have their blades locked. I always ascribed my brother's death to his incompetence, but now I think he may have put up a fight after all! You fight like a demon, genie-spawn! laughs Qurab as he single-handedly reloads his hand crossbow.

Meanwhile, up in the crow's nest, another crossbow bolt rains down, this time at Medinah. The bolt explodes on contact, damaging both Medinah and the Tiger. He quickly reloads.

Meanwhile, the gnoll and human on the main deck ignore Medinah in favour of the great tiger. They easily scale the railing, performing a complex flanking maneuver with the two already engaged with Rahman. The officer laughs, turning his attention from the adjacent wolf to the tiger. He snaps his fingers, and the flanking pirates make another set of attacks, bringing down the tiger with their cutlasses.

The pirate on the other side of the ship swipes at Teshiq and passes him towards Kihtsah, but his attack is easily deflected.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kihtsah takes 11 from the AoO that his power failed to block. He also takes 22 damage and is slowed (save ends) from Qurab's rapier.

Medinah is crit for 20 damage and is slowed (save ends). The tiger takes 7 fire damage.

Medinah's pact boon may have triggered. Not sure.

The tiger then takes an absurd amount of damage and dies.

When the map goes up, know that the blue circles are difficult terrain from corpses. Map should be up soon.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 98/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, 10 THP, +1 AC/Ref UEANT
    Kihtsah (K); 49/111 HP, 7/8 Surges, Slowed (SE), Marked (Q), Bloodied
    Medinah (M); 73/105 HP, 12/13 Surges, Slowed (SE)
    Rahman (R); 55/113 HP, 17/18 Surges, Bloodied
    Teshiq (T); 78/103 HP, 6/8 Surges, +1 AC UETNT
    Wolf (W); 25/51 HP, Bloodied
    Tiger (G); 0/51 HP, Dismissed

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P2);
    Male Human Pirate (P4);
    Gnoll Pirate (P5); Cursed (M)
    Gnoll Pirate (P6);
    Male Human Pirate (P7); Cursed (M)
    Gnoll Pirate (P8);
    Male Human Pirate (P9);
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P10);
    Male Human Pirate (P11);
    Female Human Pirate (P12); Aegis (R)
    Qurab Benu'alas (Qurab); Aegis (M), Cursed (M)

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry guys, not up for this right now
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-10-23 at 08:05 PM.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

As the pirates gang up on the tiger, Amirah desperately calls forth her magic, sending him back before they can finish him. She is, however, clearly unhappy about it. Her shape shimmers and she chants at the sea, "I call upon you, wash the filth off my ship!"

A great wave breaks over the ship, battering everything in front of her... including, unfortunately, her friend Medinah. "Sorry, Medinah," she sends privately to her, "the sea is not that easy to aim with."

Free: Wild shape to human form, shift to M18
    Standard:Tidal Surge @N15-R19
    Move: (if someone can be flanked; see below) shift to M17
    Instinctive: attack/move to M17, +6HP

Spoiler
    Show

Amirah (Human form)

Wolf
    HP 31/51 Bloodied 25

Tidal Wave vs. Reflex
    To Hit P7 - (1d20+18)[30], if hit and not dead shift 3 to M16, around the bannister
    To Hit P5 - (1d20+18)[31], if hit and not dead and P7 is not already in M16, shift to M16 around the bannister. Otherwise, shift to R18
    To Hit P6 - (1d20+18)[25], if hit shift 3 to R21
    To Hit P12 - (1d20+18)[28], if hit shift 3 to R19
    To Hit Medinah - (1d20+18)[38], if hit, she can shift 3 wherever she wants (sorry!)
    Damage - (2d6+10)[18]

Instinctive: If I shifted P7 or P5 to M16
    To Hit - (1d20+20)[31] vs reflex Edit: +3 due to it being an instinctive attack
    Damage - (1d6+10)[15], and he is prone
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2011-10-21 at 10:15 AM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

With the wave totally catching her by surprise, Medinah cries out in anguish, "Aaaagh!" as she just manages to clutch onto the stairwell and follow the force of the wave downward. Though she doesn't respond to Amirah's telepathic apology, nevertheless the mixture of pain, shock and fury welling up within her is unmistakable.

Despite that, seeing the two disgusting pirates in front of her was enough to steel Medinah's resolve. After spitting curses at them, she swings her sword again and from it spew two streams of acidic death.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll take the shift 3 from Tidal Surge to go to P-15.
    As a minor action, I'll use Warforged resolve to heal 10 hp and gain 10 temp hp.
    As a move-as-minor action, I'll curse P3 and P4.
    As a standard action, I'll use Acrid Decay targeting P3 and P4.
    Con (implement) vs. Fortitude
    @ P3: (1d20+18)[37]
    @ P4: (1d20+18)[30]
    On hit: (1d12+10)[20] acid and necrotic damage and (2d6)[9] curse damage (on P3 if I hit him, otherwise P4 if I don't), and UEINT -2 penalty to attack rolls, and Protective Hex.

Saving throw: (1d20)[9]
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2011-10-24 at 10:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #474

In the wake of the gush of water rushing across the deck Rahman struck at the nearby Gnoll with his battlefist, hoping to catch him off guard.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard action: Battlefist Smash on Gnoll P6.
    Attack - (1d20+20)[31] vs AC.
    On hit: (3d8+9)[25] damage, Gnoll grants combat advantage. Attempt to push it straight back 4 spaces off the ship.
    Move + Minor action: Shift back 2 spaces to N19
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah spins away from the other pirate, isolating the two of them in their own personal combat. "I need no help to handle you!" As the rhythm of battle excites Kithsah, the air around him begins to heat up as fire dances across his body. With strength reinforced by the divine might of Adimas, Kihtsah's blows smash at Qurab's defenses.

Move: Shift to M8
    Minor: Oath of Emnity on Qurab
    Standard: Menacing Presence on Qurab
    Action point: Tenatively choosing Minor: Heart of Fire, may change depending on attack results Heart of fire it is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacks vs AC:
    (1d20+18)[31]
    (1d20+18)[30]
    Damage:
    (1d8+14)[16]
    Half damage on a miss, either way, any enemy that starts adjacent to me takes a -2 penalty to AC until the end of it's next turn.
    Gain +2 Ac and reflex from Action point use, not taking the free move action.
    10 damage to all enemies that are within 2 squares of me.
    Assuming he hits me, I'll use the strikeback gloves to attack back.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2011-10-25 at 11:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah's spell slays many of her targets with crushing waves, but the gnoll axeman manages to take cover behind the mast, narrowly avoiding the attack. Medinah also takes severe damage from the deluge.

Fighting through the pain of the magical assault, Medinah focuses her baleful glare on the more elite pirates occupying the lower deck. Streams of acid shoot forth, one high and one low, badly burning both of her unfortunate targets. However, the poison the archer introduced to her system takes stronger hold, and she collapses to the ground as her joints begin to seize from the nefarious venom.

Rahman surprises the deadly gnoll with his punch, his own rather insignificant strength augmented by the magic of his mechanical arm. The attack throws the gnoll into the railing, though it manages to stay standing easily enough.

Meanwhile, Kihtsah enters a deadly dance as his blade snaps in just past Qurab's blocking rapier, scoring a solid hit. His blades then go into a complicated dance, keeping his quarry's defenses suppressed.

For the captain! roars Teshiq as he brings his sword down on the nearby pirate. The blow lands to great effect, injuring his target. The normally quiet priest's energy inspires his allies as divine energy flows through him to grant them succor.

Standard Action: 11E - Battle Cry @ P9
    Move Action: Shift to N6
    Minor Action: Healing Word @ Rahman

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medinah is prone and unable to stand up and takes a -1 penalty to saving throws (save ends both). I rolled Kihtsah's save in my dice rolling thread and he was successful.

Kihtsah and Medinah each spend a surge and regain 5 extra hitpoints. Pashati's Flow gives one player within 5 squares of one of them Teshiq 5 free HP.

Rahman spends a surge to regain surge value + (3d6+5)[18] hitpoints; Pashati's Flow gives someone within 5 of him Medinah 5 free HP.

You think I intend to throw myself onto your blades? You are a fool, says Qurab as he nimbly steps away from Kihtsah and then gains distance. As he blurs away, a crossbow bolt follows in his wake, aimed at Kihtsah. The genieblood's blades cut the quarrel out of the air before it can land. Qurab ends his mad dash next to Medinah's prone form. I'll deal with you first to rid me of your damned hex, and then I'll go back to killing your friends, you useless pile of debris, he hisses. The axe wielding gnoll draws another axe and picks up a flanking position with Qurab, striking at Medinah and scoring a painful blow.

Ignoring his acid burns, Alaq fires a crossbow bolt at Teshiq, trying to poison the deadly warrior-priest. His attack is a success; poison is swiftly running through his system. The pirate engaging Teshiq takes this opportunity to attempt another attack with his sword, but it is easily parried.

The officer laughs as the last of his disposable men and women fall to Amirah's magic. Have at em', ye scurvy dogs! Make every blow count! Bwahaha! The remaining pirates leap into action; another blow at Teshiq in melee, this one a success, another crossbow quarrel from the crow's nest, this time at Rahman, though it misses; another axe strike at Medinah, deflected by her still-active warding, but Qurab's follow-up jab scores an painful blow on her shoulder. Meanwhile, the officer uses the sudden burst of activity to slip behind the wolf and deliver a hamstringing cutlass blow, bringing the poor animal to the brink of death.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Teshiq takes 20 damage in total and is slowed (save ends) by more poison.

Medinah takes a total of 42 damage from two hits, Qurab and the Gnoll.

The Wolf takes 23 damage and is slowed (save ends). This slow is not the poison, it is just a "hamstringing" physical effect.

Kihtsah is missed.

Rahman is missed.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 98/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, 10 THP, +1 AC/Ref UEANT
    Kihtsah (K); 81/111 HP, 6/8 Surges, Marked (Q)
    Medinah (M); 45/105 HP, 11/13 Surges, Prone & -1 Saves (SEB), Bloodied
    Rahman (R); 99/113 HP, 16/18 Surges,
    Teshiq (T); 63/103 HP, 6/8 Surges, Slowed (SE)
    Wolf (W); 2/51 HP, Bloodied, Slowed (SE)
    Tiger (G); 0/51 HP, Dismissed

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P2);
    Male Human Pirate (P4); Cursed (M)
    Gnoll Pirate (P5);
    Gnoll Pirate (P6); Cursed (M)
    Male Human Pirate (P7);
    Gnoll Pirate (P8);
    Male Human Pirate (P9);
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P10);
    Male Human Pirate (P11);
    Female Human Pirate (P12);
    Qurab Benu'alas (Qurab); Aegis (M), Cursed (M), -2 AC UEKNT

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If there's something specific you feel should be here, I can add it, but for now it is easiest if I just determine hits and such myself.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-11-04 at 09:45 PM.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

With both her wolf and Medinah hurt, Amirah seems unsure of what to do. Finally, with an unending stream of "sorry sorry sorry sorry" sent at Medinah, Amirah decides to try and help the wolf, even though she can tell he is starting to weaken, and that he may soon need rescuing like the tiger before him.

Still, Amirah flows down the stairs in a confused mess of insects and slams onto the pirate, trying to throw him overboard.

Free: switch to Swarm form, shift to M18, +1AC +1Ref
    Standard: charge @ N15, Savage Rend @ P4. If hit, push P4 to L14
    Instinctive: Wolf attacks P4 if alive, Q otherwise, +6 HP

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (Swarm form)

Wolf
    HP 14/51 Bloodied 25

Amirah To Hit - (1d20+20)[34]
    Damage - (1d8+12)[18]

Wolf to Hit - (1d20+21)[24]
    Damage - (1d6+10)[15]

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

"I am fine. Please desist Amirah, I need to concentrate," the warforged replies, but she does it vocally instead.

Assuming a defensive position, Medinah draws upon her energy reserves and at the same time her pendant shines a familiar ruby light, restoring her practically to full strength. With a gesture, she summons force shields to protect her, and her dark armor shimmers as she levies another curse upon her foes.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action: Using my Second Wind, and as a free action to activate Amulet of Life to spend 2 healing surges instead of 1, regaining 52 hit points and +2 to defenses USMNT.

Move-as-minor action: Activating Host of Shields, gaining a +2 power bonus to AC and Reflex until the stance ends.

Minor action: Activating Armor of Dark Majesty daily item power to use Warlock's Curse on any 2 enemies I can see instead of the nearest enemies, so I should be able to curse P9 and P3.

Saving throw: (1d20-1)[16]

29. - Top - End - #479

Finally free and regaining the momentum of combat, Rahman ran up toward near two of the pirates were ganging up on Medinah. "You know, it's rather rude to ignore me." he said as he wrapped them both with his aegis, then swung his sword at the gnoll.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action to P16.
    Minor action to mark Q and P6
    Standard action to Silverlight Strike the Gnoll.
    Attack - (1d20+22)[30] vs AC.
    On hit: (1d8+14)[20] radiant damage, and all allies are invisible to the gnoll.
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

"Away from me!"
    The pirate stands his ground, even before the half-kobold's furious assault. Taking a different tack, Kihtsah locks blades with the human, trying to leave him open. "Teshiq, help me out here. Get this scum out of my way."

Minor: Fury's Advance
    Standard: Leading Strike on P9
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leading Strike
    Attack vs AC: (1d20+14)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+9)[15]
    On hit, Teshiq gets a +5 bonus to his next attack against the target.