New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Hourglass of Zihaja D&D 4e] Heroes on a Sea of Swords IC

The Qius Sea - Midnight Mirage

Amirah's swarm surges down the stairs and rams into the officer in charge of the main deck. In their fury to save the wolf, they draw blood and bash the man against the rail; he stays aboard, but not upright. The wolf then clamps its jaws on the man's ribcage, drawing yet more blood.

Meanwhile, Medinah regains her energy and cruses additional foes, no doubt preparing a devastating comeback.

Rahman grabs the attention of the gnoll, slashing it in the forehead with his blade. The blood in its eyes, combined with the glamour Rahman put on the sword's edge, mean it only has sight of the kobold.

As Kihtsah tries to strike the pirate blocking his way, Qurab laughs. Its me you want, Adimasai. And its me you'll get! He dashes out of the press and fires a crossbow quarrel at Kihtsah in retribution. The coils of Rahman's Aegis come alive, ensnaring and shattering the bolt before it ever reaches Kihtsah. As the artificer smirks, Qurab glares at him angrily. When my foe is dead, you heathen magi die next, he promises.

You need to close with him, Kihtsah, or he'll make you into a pincushion observes Teshiq; he gladly obliges Kihtsah's request to help extricate himself, bodily bowling into the pirate blocking the way. Having just parried Kihtsah's desperate attempts to get him out of the way, the pirate is ready when Teshiq comes for him; he sidesteps the lunge, but doesn't have time to counterattack before Teshiq is back in position. I'm sorry; I'm not trained for this kind of combat, admits Teshiq regretfully. Allow me to try a different tactic... he backs off a step and then call on his reserves of power to augment his voice with authority. DESIST! he shouts, ordering the foe to do as he says. Though he tries to resist it, the pirate cannot help but obey Teshiq's divine authority. JUMP OVERBOARD! commands Teshiq, but the pirate manages to resist the second command. Teshiq then shakes off the effects of the crossbow quarrel's poison.

Standard Action: Bull Rush @ Pirate 9, fails
    Move Action: Shift to O5
    Action Point: 3E - Command @ Pirate 9, slides to Q8 and attempts to send him over the edge, but fails. The pirate stays upright in Q8

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah hits, bloodying the officer. Knocking the pirate prone gives her wolf combat advantage, so that becomes just barely a hit. Rahman hits, bloodying the gnoll. When Kihtsah tries to attack the other pirate, Qurab gets to shift and make a free crossbow attack, but the -2 from Rahman's Aegis, combined with the cover from the rail, makes it a miss. Teshiq misses the bull rush, but hits with Command, so the pirate 9's out of the way and dazed now. Enemy phase... begins!

Qurab's amulet glows, and Rahman can feel his Aegis' hold on him shatter, though the magic does not backlash. Very well, Dervish of Adimas. You want to lock blades with Qurab Benu'alas? You shall! The lizardman vaults up over the railing and then charges Kihtsah with his rapier. The thin weapon braves the gauntlet of Kihtsah's swords, striking the kobold on the shoulder.

Meanwhile, still dizzy from Teshiq's vocal magic, the pirate lurches into motion, charging the cleric. Teshiq easy deflects the clumsy blow. The pirate officer climbs to his feet, clutching his bleeding side. Alright, beasties; let's end this, eh? He tries to decapitate the wolf, but a surge of pain from his shattered ribs makes him stumble and miss. Seeing the swarm of insects, and worried that they might come for him next, the man in the crow's nest fires a quarrel into the heart of the swarm, praying for success. His prayers go unanswered, as the clumsily fired bolt goes overboard. The gnoll whirls on Rahman, seeking to slay the small kobold. His axe strike misses him entirely. As combatants settle into their own little duels, a voice is heard from below the main deck. What in the name of the Pirate Lords is going on up there? roars a booming male voice. Amirah thinks she can hear footsteps on the stairs from below.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kihtsah takes 14 damage (he rolled almost minimum damage) from Qurab's charge. Qurab is no longer affected by Rahman's Aegis. Every other attack made this round is a miss.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 98/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, 10 THP, +1 AC/Ref UEANT
    Kihtsah (K); 67/111 HP, 6/8 Surges, Marked (Q)
    Medinah (M); 97/105 HP, 9/13 Surges, Prone, +2 defenses, +2 AC/Reflex
    Rahman (R); 99/113 HP, 16/18 Surges,
    Teshiq (T); 63/103 HP, 6/8 Surges
    Wolf (W); 8/51 HP, Bloodied, Slowed (SE)
    Tiger (G); 0/51 HP, Dismissed

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Female Human Pirate (P1);
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P2);
    Alaq, Human Mercenary (P3); Cursed (M)
    Male Human Pirate (P4); Cursed (M), Prone, Bloodied
    Gnoll Pirate (P5);
    Gnoll Pirate (P6); Cursed (M), Aegis (R), Silverlighted (R), Bloodied
    Male Human Pirate (P7);
    Gnoll Pirate (P8);
    Male Human Pirate (P9); Dazed (T), Cursed (M)
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P10);
    Male Human Pirate (P11);
    Female Human Pirate (P12);
    Qurab Benu'alas (Qurab); Cursed (M), Oath (K)

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If there's something specific you feel should be here, I can add it, but for now it is easiest if I just determine hits and such myself.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

The battle starts to weary Amirah - her swarm remains as strong as ever, but her magical reservoir is starting to falter, so rather than any clever manipulations, she just distances herself from the pirate and rushes him once more, battering him against the side and hopefully throwing him over. She does spare a second to send a message to all her allies, "I think we may have made too much noise. Someone from down below is coming up. I don't think he is very happy."

Minor: Use Boots of the fencer to shift 2 to O14 (+1AC +1Ref)
    Move: to P11
    Standard: Charge @P4, Savage Rend, If hit, push P4 to L14
    Instinctive: if P4 is around, attack him. Otherwise, move to Q15 (or N8 if Medinah wants Q15). +6HP

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (Swarm form)
    HP 102+10/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (3 used /12)
    AC 32 Fort 27 Reflex 25 Will 28

Wolf
    HP 20/51 Bloodied 25
    AC 31 Fort 27 Reflex 24 Will 28

To Hit P4 Reflex with Amirah - (1d20+20)[33]
    Amirah Damage - (1d8+12)[14]
    To Hit P4 with Wolf - (1d20+21)[39]
    Wolf Damage - (1d6+10)[12]
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2011-12-04 at 11:24 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rahman Shamis, Kobold Swordmage

Rahman continued his skirmish with the gnoll, trying to keep the pressure off of Medinah.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action: Booming Blade on the gnoll.
    "Attack" - (1d20+20)[32] vs. AC, (1d8+10)[14] damage. 1d6+8 damage if target moves away
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Finally able to stand, Medinah lashes out at the nearest pirate, her sword blazing with angry red energy as she makes a quick cut.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: stand up from prone.
    Standard: Eldritch Strike at P6.
    (1d20+21)[41] vs. AC
    (1d8+14)[20] psychic damage + (2d6)[7] curse damage + usual penalties, and if I can use the slide 1 that comes with this power to slide the target over the rail and into the sea I'll do that, otherwise I'll slide it 1 square to the left.
    No minor action.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah Darimil, Dervish of Adimas

"No need for us to go anywhere then, is there?" Kihtsah says. A prayer to Adimas brings glowing chains around them, binding Qurab in place. With a focus solely on the lizardfolk now, a rage fills Kihtsah, turning his scales to coals which give off a burning heat.

Standard: Chains of Censure on Qurab
    Minor: Heart of Fire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chains of Censure attacks vs AC:
    (1d20+18)[34]
    (1d20+18)[29]
    Damage:
    (2d8+14)[25]
    On hit, immobilize Qurab UENT.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

With a swing of his blade, and a little boost from the staircase, Rahman slashes open the gnoll's left arm, forcing it to drop the axe held in that hand. While it roars in defiance, Medinah rises to her feet and, with an infusion of magical energy, neatly slices through the brute's thick furry neck and decapitates it, leaving the albino's corpse on the deck to bleed on the planks. Meanwhile, Amirah and the wolf continue to savage the pirate officer; he holds onto the rail to prevent being thrown overboard by the swarm, but falls to his knees in the process, bleeding profusely as the wolf takes a bite out of his arm.

Kihtsah locks blades with Qurab, engaging him in a deadly (and firey!) dance that keeps the lizardman locked tight for fear of being struck by the blades. Ahahaha! That's the spirit! Now we can have a true test of bladework! laughs Qurab, dropping his hand crossbow and drawing a main gauche, using it in concert with his rapier to keep Kihtsah's swords off of him. He makes two deft strikes when he sees an opening; though Kihtsah blocks the first, the main gauche keeps his other blade from blocking the swift second hit, wounding his shoulder.

Teshiq delivers a mighty blow to the confused pirate, drawing a deep gash in the man's shoulder, blood flowing freely. The man attempts to return the favour, and succeeds to an extent; Teshiq takes a minor wound above the knee.

The pirate officer speaks through the blood crowding his mouth. Alright, ye win. I can't fight any longer. Either tell your wolf to finish me, witch, or let me bleed here in peace while I watch Vertasi tear you all limb from limb, he says, with a hack and and a grimace, and perhaps the vaguest hint of a smile.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah hits twice. Rahman and Medinah both hit, killing the gnoll outright. Kihtsah hits, and then scorches Qurab a bit. Teshiq hits the pirate, bloodying him.

Qurab hits Kihtsah, dealing 15 damage. Pirate hits Teshiq, dealing 15 damage as well.

Amirah
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man has genuinely forfeited. He will not make any moves to continue fighting; one or two more solid blows from the wolf will kill him, if you feel so inclined.

Suddenly, the battle seems to pause for a moment as a man emerges on deck. At first, it seems to be Rajind, the merchant you have been travelling with. The form soon shifts, however, to reveal a garishly dressed man with dreadlocks, littered with bits and baubles of no particular value. Welcome, Hunters! Allow me to introduce myself; the name is Vertasi, but if you like, you may call me The Snake. I didn't expect you back so soon... I've barely had time to prepare my ship for your visit! Your quartermaster, the gnoll, gave my men quite a bit of trouble, you see. He eventually succumbed to Qurab's sleeping poison, however; we won't be troubling me and mine any longer. Now! he laughs, brandishing a morningstar, lets see what Shaur al-Farid's famed Hunters are truly made of!

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 98/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, 10 THP, +1 AC/Ref UEANT
    Kihtsah (K); 79/111 HP, 5/8 Surges, Marked (Q)
    Medinah (M); 97/105 HP, 9/13 Surges, +2 AC/Reflex
    Rahman (R); 99/113 HP, 16/18 Surges,
    Teshiq (T); 48/103 HP, 6/8 Surges, Bloodied
    Wolf (W); 14/51 HP, Bloodied

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P2);
    Male Human Pirate (P4); Cursed (M), Prone, Bloodied, Forfeited
    Gnoll Pirate (P5);
    Gnoll Pirate (P6);
    Male Human Pirate (P7);
    Gnoll Pirate (P8);
    Male Human Pirate (P9); Dazed (T), Cursed (M), Bloodied
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P10);
    Male Human Pirate (P11);
    Qurab Benu'alas (Q); Cursed (M), Oath (K), Immobilized UEKNT
    Vertasi the Snake (V);

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If there's something specific you feel should be here, I can add it, but for now it is easiest if I just determine hits and such myself.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Vertasi's arrival barely registers to Kihtsah, who dances around his quarry. A glowing symbol rests on his forehead, though it is hard to make out through the flames. Adimas's magic plays with Qurab's mind, confusing the lizardfolk and slowing his attacks. He attempts to lead Qurab into a corner, his blades ready to turn away anyone who tries to interfere.

Kitsah's assault knocks away Qurab's gauche, leaving him wide open for the short sword to follow and cut in deeply. Whatever regret Kihtsah has for his actions in Alaqur, he doesn't give Qurab an inch after what the pirate has done.

Immediate Reaction: Mesmerism on the miss
    Standard: Overwhelming Strike, shifting to C6 on a hit.
    Action Point: Weaving blades on Qurab
    Minor Action: Gaze of the Gilded Eye
    Spoiler
    Show
    Overwhelming strike attacks vs AC:
    (1d20+18)[29]
    (1d20+18)[38]
    Damage:
    (1d8+14)[21]
    On hit, shift to C6, shift Qurab to current space
    Weaving blades attacks vs Reflex:
    (1d20+18)[31]
    (1d20+18)[32]
    Damage:
    (2d8+9)[6][7](22)
    On hit, I push any enemy that starts it's turn by me 1 square and deal 5 damage.
    Qurab and P9 take 10 damage.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2012-02-17 at 11:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah looks down at the bleeding human at her feet. "You hurt the Captain-Queen, and you have attempted to steal her Hive-Ship. Wasp-pirates cannot be allowed to live."

As she is about to deliver another blow, however, she receives mental communication from both Medinah and Kitsah, asking to let him live. Confused, but still trusting Medinah, she stays her swarm, and instead says, "You are lucky, Pirate-Wasp. My best friend wants you to live, and We always listen to her. But be careful - Wolf doesn't like you. If you are at all aggressive, he will tear your throat out."

Then, turning away from the pathetic human, he looks on the newcomer. Identifying him as the largest threat yet, she considers her options. Her form shifts, and her colouring is subtly different - yellow and black, as every poisonous insect in the swarm is now on the edge. Amirah flows towards Vertasi, the insects dispersing to attack from every direction at once.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (Swarm form)
    HP 102+10/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (3 used /12)
    Note @Shadow-Elf: HP is 102 - when Amirah was last healed, she got +4 HP from being in swarm form.

Wolf
    HP 26/51 Bloodied 25

Move: to D9 (this will provoke OA from surrendered guy. If he takes it, wolf attacks him since obviously his "surrender" was a ploy)

Standard: Poison Sting (Burst 2)
    To Hit Vertasi Reflex - (1d20+18)[27] Correction: attack vs. Fortitude, not reflex
    Poison Damage - (1d10+10)[16]
    If hit, next time he moves before SoMNT he also takes Damage - (1d10+5)[13]

Instinctive: No idea. Really. I see three possibilities:
    1) The surrendered pirate still counts as an enemy. Wolf attacks
    2) As above, but I can have Wolf attack using non-lethal damage, so guy won't get killed if dropped to 0
    3) The surrendered guy no longer counts as an enemy, in which case wolf moves to engage Vertasi.
    Shadow Elf, you'll have to decide which one applies.

1 or 2:
    To Hit - (1d20+23)[31] (vs Reflex; inc. CA & instinctive bonus)
    Damage - (1d6+10)[16] (non-lethal if possible)

3: Moves to E11
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-02-18 at 11:43 AM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

The Midnight Mirage - Mid-Player Phase Update
    Kihtsah begins to speed up his whirl, throwing down attacks faster than Qurab can keep up. Eventually, he lands a very solid hit on Qurab's side; using the opening this causes, Kihtsah follows up with three more swift attacks, the first chipping the lizardman's collarbone and the second bruising his left wrist severely. Qurab manages to recover in time to parry the third attack, and he grimaces through the sweat on his face as Kihtsah's burning aura bakes him alive.

Meanwhile, Amirah charges Vertasi. She stings him with her swarm, but finds that his skin is tougher than it ought to be; the stings fail to introduce any poison into his system. Leaving her wolf ally to his own devices, the beast's natural instinct is to finish off its weakened prey; it brings the pirate it is fighting within an inch of death with another savage bite. Alright, beastie. If its a bloody fight to the death ye want, its what I'll give ya! Weak as his arm is, he manages to attack the wolf with his cutlass. He drives the blade deep into the wolf's side, and Amirah is forced to dismiss him back to his home with a portion of her life energy to save his life.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kihtsah crits, hits, hits his first bonus attack, but misses his Scorpion's Sting attack. Amirah misses Vertasi's Fortitude, but it doesn't seem quite right to her. Make an insight check, please. Also, Wolf dies is dismissed by the pirate's readied action to attack if attacked.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Insight - (1d20+21)[39]

Amirah's surge use is now 4. He really hit the wolf for 26 damage? Did he crit?

Amirah, Living Swarm

"Ooooh, you are a tricky one, you are," projects Amirah to everyone around her. Then, excluding all the enemies, she lets her allies know, "He looks like a human, but he has the same magic Medinah uses. He's really big, and purple. I believe you would call him "Oni". Our creator had deals with them. They are often very rich, but they get angry quickly. I saw one once, when We were but larvae. He was invisible when he came to our creator's tower, and left suddenly, by turning to mist. Their magics are mostly charms, and of course illusion and transformation."

By the end, Amirah suddenly sounds less childish, as if accessing a different set of memories from her own. Even her voice suddenly sounds more masculine.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-02-19 at 11:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Medinah nods in understanding, then almost as a counterpoint she puts back up her illusory form, although now her hair is the same shade of blue as the Captain's complection (her eyes still smoulder in red). She takes a step forward, then stops.

"Vertasi, if you have harmed the Captain in any way, I swear you will regret it," she threatens, cursing him. To drive the point home, she levels the point of her sword at him and is suddenly awash with a sickly green light, which coalesces to a ray she aims at the pirate leader.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to shift to F-13.
    Minor action to curse Vertasi.
    Standard action to attack Vertasi with Vestige of Leraje.

Attack: (1d20+18)[30] vs. Reflex
    Hit: (2d10+10)[22] damage + (2d6)[7] curse damage + 5 OG poison damage (save ends).
    Effect: Medinah gains access to Vestige of Leraje boon and augment.

12. - Top - End - #492

Rahman dashed forward to the pirate who had dispatched Amirah's wolf. "If you insist." Rahman says, regarding fights to the death, his scimitar wreathing into flame and striking in a flash. As the light clears Rahman reappears behind Vertasi. "I'll skip the introduction, we've already been acquainted." He dryly adds as he strikes forward with his scimitar again.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to E13
    Standard Action to Hellspike Assault P3.
    "Attack" - (1d20+20)[22] vs Reflex. On hit (1d8+10)[14] fire damage.
    Effect: Teleport to E9. Teleport p3 to F9 if hit.
    Secondary attack on Vertasi: "Attack" - (1d20+20)[27] vs AC. On hit (2d8+10)[16] fire damage.
    Minor action to mark both Vertasi and P3.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

Character Roster:

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

The blast of magic that Medinah fire hits the pirate captain squarely in the chest. Come now, Medinah, no need for anger! Captain al-Farid is just fine; she is, after all, a guest on my ship and must be treated with hospitality! he laughs, again taunt the Hunters about seizing control of the ship.

Rahman's firey blade misses its mark on both counts; the wounded pirate weakly raises his sword to deflect the blow and save his life and, as Rahman appears behind Vertasi, he whirls and blocks the incoming attack with his morningstar.

Teshiq strikes his foe again, using a specialized combat technique for finishing off weakened opponents. Having shaken off the dazing effects of Teshiq's divine voice, however, the pirate manages to just barely bring his sword in line to block the attack. He then calls upon Daq's balance to restore his wounds, and some of that divine magic leaks into Kihtsah.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medinah hits, Rahman misses twice and Teshiq misses. If only you all had a +1 bonus to attack... all three of those misses were just by 1 (since NP forgot to factor in Combat Advantage on his two attacks). Teshiq spends a surge, giving him 41 HP back and Kihtsah 5 HP.

Vertasi slips out from between Amirah and Rahman, standing next to the main mast. Casually leaning on it, Vertasi yawns loudly. A wave of magic flows out of his mouth, enveloping the port side of the main deck. The swarm appears unaffected, but Medinah and Rahman are suddenly dizzy. Zastraya! Would you and the rest of the crew kindly come give me a hand disposing of these bilgerats? he shouts.

Meanwhile, the severely wounded pirate climbs to his feet. 'Tis been a pleasure serving with you, Captain, he says, weakly saluting, before charging Amirah. He lands a blow, but the swarm parts before his blade and the impact is not significant.

Kihtsah's vortex of swordplay knocks Qurab and the other pirate away from him momentarily, giving him room to breathe. Qurab roars. Your heathen magic will not keep you safe forever, Adimasai! he shouts. He turns to Teshiq and unleashes his fury on the priest, since Kihtsah's magic prevents him from striking his intended foe. Qurab slides back into position and unleashes a counterattack. His tail comes across and sweeps Teshiq's feet out from under him, slamming the cleric's head into the floor. He then gets to work with his rapier and main gauche; the longer weapon is knocked aside by Teshiq's bastard sword, but the dagger scores a painful gash on Teshiq's face . The other pirate slips into a flanking position and attacks Kihtsah, trying to extinguish the Kobold's deadly flames. His cutlass digs into Kihtsah's shoulder, shooting pain through his body.

Alaq up in the crow's nest fire a bolt at the dazed Medinah. Despite the warforged's befuddled state, the bolt misses by a large margin.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rahman and Medinah are dazed (save ends) by Vertasi's evil yawn. Amirah is hit by the charging pirate, taking 17 damage. Her reduction makes this 12 damage, which barely chews through her THP. She is also slowed (save ends).

History DC 20:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zastraya is the name of Vertasi's first mate, a ruthless red-headed woman who is deadly with a rapier.

Teshiq takes 6 damage from the tail slap (doesn't normally do damage, but it was a crit and I add a nominal amount of damage to monster crits). Rapier is a miss, but the Main Gauche also crits, for 24 damage. The other pirate hits Kihtsah while for 23 damage.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 96/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, +1 AC/Ref UEANT, slowed (save ends)
    Kihtsah (K); 61/111 HP, 5/8 Surges, Marked (Q), Menacing, Weaving UEKNT, Aura of Fire
    Medinah (M); 97/105 HP, 9/13 Surges, +2 AC/Reflex, dazed (save ends)
    Rahman (R); 99/113 HP, 16/18 Surges, dazed (save ends)
    Teshiq (T); 59/103 HP, 5/8 Surges,
    Wolf (W); 0/51 HP, Dismissed

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P2);
    Male Human Pirate (P4); Cursed (M), Bloodied
    Gnoll Pirate (P5);
    Gnoll Pirate (P6);
    Male Human Pirate (P7);
    Gnoll Pirate (P8);
    Male Human Pirate (P9); Cursed (M), Bloodied
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P10);
    Male Human Pirate (P11);
    Qurab Benu'alas (Q); Cursed (M), Oath (K)
    Vertasi the Snake (V); Cursed (M), Aegis (R)

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-02-26 at 08:12 PM.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah steps away from the melee, her shape giving her human hands once more. She goes through the usual hand moves, and her fourth summoning portal in the last few minutes opens between her and her enemies, the strain showing in her movements. The creature that comes out, though, is not the normal natural creature she has brought forth before. This one looks like a strange cat, with too many legs and too many tentacles. "Kitty!" Amirah shouts, as suprised as everyone else, although clearly not as repulsed by it. Around the creature, the world shifts and blurs, as if heavy with heat, and Amirah's enemies can't focus their eyes anymore. "Good kitty!"

"My name is figment," says a rather young-sounding purr in Amirah's head. "Oooooh! Kitty talks! You are the best kitty ever!"

Taking advantage of her enemies' distraction, Amirah calls upon the winds, pushing Vertasi next to her dazed friends.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (Human form)
    HP 100/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (4 used /12)
    AC 33 Fort 28 Reflex 26 Will 29
    @Shadow Elf: Amirah's HP is 100 - you are missing the +4 to her HS from back here
    Defences include Figment's bonus. Let me know if you'd rather I didn't include it.

Figment
    HP 51/51 Bloodied 25 Healing Surge 12 (0 used /0)
    AC 31 Fort 26 Reflex 30 Will 30
    Aura (1): +1 all defences to all her allies, enemies grant CA to Amirah

Free: Wild shape. Shift to F12. +1Rf, +1AC
    Move: Summon Figment @E12.
    Standard: Chill Wind @C11
    To Hit Vertasi Fort - (1d20+20)[38] (inc. CA)
    To Hit Pirate Fort - (1d20+20)[32] (inc. CA)
    Cold Damage - (1d6+4)[8]
    If hit, move V to E10 and Pirate to C11, if he lives (unless Medinah wants him elsewhere)

ST - (1d20)[15]
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-02-26 at 08:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Qius Sea - The Midnight Mirage
    As Figment makes his appearance, Vertasi and his lackey are clearly surprised. Amirah takes advantage of that and unleashes a mighty spell. When the wind clears, the pirate's eyes have frozen over and he lies dead on the deck, staring lifelessly into the sky. Vertasi is far less perturbed. Wonderful, a bloody cat. Well, looks like I've something else to kill, he sighs sarcastically.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

A hedge of strange-looking vines springs up suddenly around the warforged after Vertasi's lackey dies. She pays it (and him) no attention.

"Her ship," Medinah curtly replies to Vertasi's taunt, her gaze locked unwaveringly on the Snake in spite of the dizzyness. Then with another flourish of her sword, her eyes ignite with a green flame that seeks to pierce Vertasi's mind.

Spoiler
    Show

Medinah gains cover from all attacks that aren't adjacent to her UMNT per Vestige of Leraje boon.

Standard: Eyes of the Vestige at Vertasi.
    (1d20+18)[38] vs. Will
    (1d6+10)[13] psychic damage + (2d6)[10] curse damage + immobilized + usual attack penalties.

(1d20)[10] saving throw (+2 if it's a charm/fear effect).
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2012-02-27 at 01:45 AM. Reason: just had to fix the color tag

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Still a whirl of blades, Kihtsah continues to harass Qurab, dancing around the lizardman. His footwork turns Qurab around, trapping him between Kihtsah and Teshiq. "Adimas will always protect me, but the same cannot be said for you!" Winds swirl around Kihtsah's kopesh, pulling Qurab even closer, and strengthening his blow as he strikes once more. The kopesh digs into Qurab's arm, letting Kihtsah push past his defenses and score his chest, blood dripping out and hitting the deck below.

Minor: Overwhelming strike
    Minor: Overwhelming strike
    Standard: Forcefull Call
    Spoiler
    Show

Overwhelming strike, attack vs AC
    (1d20+18)[31]
    Damage:
    (1d6+16)[21]
    On hit, pull him into my square, shift to C7, then use dervish shift to C6. On miss, dervish shift to C7.
    Overwhelming strike, attacks vs AC
    (1d20+18)[31]
    (1d20+18)[25]
    Damage:
    (1d6+11)[15] + 5 if first one missed (Painful Oath)
    Movement depends on whether first one hit, will edit in after.
    EDIT: Looks like both hit, so he should be in D6 and me in C6. Shift to C7, pull him into flanking in C7.
    Forcefull call:
    Ignoring the primary attack that pulls enemies since it will change nothing, regardless of results of the other two attacks.
    Secondary attack vs Qurab, attack vs AC.
    (1d20+18)[37] +2 if I got flanking from previous movement.
    (1d20+18)[30]
    Damage:
    (3d8+13)[24] + 5 if both missed (Painful Oath)

10 damage from heart of fire.
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2012-03-02 at 11:05 PM.

18. - Top - End - #498

Rahman shook his head trying to clear the dizzyness, regaining his composure just in time to find Vertasi back in front of him from Amirah's spell, and struck at the pirate.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Dazed, one action.
    Standard Action: Booming Blade
    "Attack" - (1d20+20)[22] vs AC. (1d8+10)[15] force damage on hit. (1d6+8)[14] damage if target moves away
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Kihtsah eviscerates Qurab mightily, shredding the unfortunate lizardman with his dancing blades and crisping him with his firey aura.

Vertasi roars in outrage as Medinah strikes the aura with yet more of her mighty magic, magical vines rooting him in place.

Rahman's sword goes wide as he tries to fight the dizzy magic. THe headache worsens and he collapses.

Teshiq brings down his bastard sword on the mustachioed pirate, and light and dark energies ride up the blade to deliver healing to Kihtsah and Teshiq. The mustachoied gentleman glares at him hatefully.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kihtsah does his thing, Medinah crits Vertasi in the face, Rahman misses then fails his save (rolled in my dice thread) and falls unconscious (save ends). Teshiq hits with Strengthen the Faithful, allowing Teshiq and Kihtsah to both spend a surge and regain an extra 2 hitpoints.

Sorry for the lameness of the fluff, I had good stuff written but I didn't feel like taking the time to rewrite what was lost after the crash.

Vertasi laughs as Rahman collapses. Sweet dreams, Master Shamis. He extends his hand and waves of energy flow out of Rahman's head and into the pirate. As the energy infuses him, the wounds of the oni in disguise heal.

Fighting through the pain of fire and bleeding wounds, Qurab attempts to fight against Kihtsah's whirl. His tail lashes out, stealing Kihtsah's legs out from under him. The rapier scores him under the chin and the main gauche slashes his hand and handily catches his khopesh on the baskswing, wrenching it out of the half-efreet's hand and tossing it aside. I'm not done yet, you elemental slime, growls the lizardman, fighting through the pain of his wounds to look Kihtsah in the eyes.

Up in the crow's nest, Alaq fires another poisoned dart, this time at the tentacled panther beast that has just appeared under the crow's nest. The bolt embeds itself in the beast's back, dealing little real damage but infecting its system with the toxin on the dart.

Spotting Kihtsah's weapon, the mustachioed man picks up the khopesh with a mischievous grin. With Qurab on the other side of Teshiq, he takes the opportunity to slide into position and strike Teshiq with Kihtsah's magic weapon. His inexperience with the weapon is more than made up for by its magical enhancements. He scores a decent hit on Teshiq's chest, bruising him through the armor.

Motion at the stern catches some of the Hunters' eyes as pirates emerge from belowdecks, lead by a redhead in a plumed hand. They take up positions on deck, but are not yet in place to attack. Medinah! I've been looking forward to this duel ever since we boarded your ship; don't hold back, dearie! laughs the woman, brandishing her rapier. I had hoped to face both you and the kobold, but it seems the good captain has already dealt with Sage Shamis.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vertasi will spend an action point and perform two coup-de-graces on Rahman with a special ability that does not wake sleeping targets. Rahman takes 108 damage total from the two coup de graces, and Vertasi regains 20 HP. Rahman losses two surges to Energy Conservation. Vertasi saves vs. ongoing poison.

Qurab hits with his tail slam, knocking Kihtsah prone (unless he is taking an attack penalty from a source I do not remember, as the roll matched Kihtsah's reflex exactly). Regardless of CA, the rest of his attacks are hits. This deals a total of 35 damage to Kihtsah and places his Khopesh in E7. This is just sufficient to bloody him, turning off his aura of fire. Qurab saves vs. untyped ongoing. After that, the pirate lackey picks up the khopesh in his free hand (a grab attack can be made to try and take the weapon, or you and Teshiq can just kill him, he hasn't got a ton of HP left).

Figment takes 7 damage and is slowed (save ends). This will get worse with failed saving throws.

EDIT: Forgot to include the 24 damage on Teshiq. I have now assumed that he took the free surge.

After Zastraya and the new cronies arrive, the second encounter is in full swing. Everyone regains all encounter powers and can spend a single surge for free (including Rahman, which will stop him making death saves). I assumed Rahman and Kihtsah would take the surge, made no assumptions for anyone else. Tell me in the OOC thread if you (or Teshiq) are taking it (or not taking it) and I will make the changes via edit here.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 100/102 HP, 8/12 Surges, +1 AC/Ref UEANT,
    Kihtsah (K); 81/111 HP, 4/8 Surges, Marked (Q), Menacing, Missing Khopesh, Prone
    Medinah (M); 97/105 HP, 9/13 Surges, +2 AC/Reflex
    Rahman (R); 29/113 HP, 13/18 Surges, unconscious (save ends)
    Teshiq (T); 87/103 HP, 3/8 Surges,
    Figment (F); 44/51 HP, slowed (save ends)

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P2);
    Male Human Pirate (P4);
    Gnoll Pirate (P5);
    Gnoll Pirate (P6);
    Male Human Pirate (P7);
    Gnoll Pirate (P8);
    Male Human Pirate (P9); Cursed (M), Bloodied
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P10);
    Male Human Pirate (P11);
    Qurab Benu'alas (Q); Cursed (M), Oath (K), Bloodied, -2 AC
    Vertasi the Snake (V); Cursed (M), Aegis (R)
    Zastraya (Z);
    Gnoll Pirate (P17);
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P33);
    Male Human Pirate (P28);
    Female Human Pirate (P42);

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-03-10 at 12:56 PM.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah's swarm briefly buzzes as enemies pour out of the door, but when Rahman falls down and doesn't get back up, they surge and throw themselves at Vertasi, even as Figment once against distracts him with her illusions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (Swarm form)
    HP 100+10/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (4 used /12)
    Defences include Figment's bonus.

Figment
    HP 44/51 Bloodied 25 Healing Surge 12 (0 used /0)

Move: Figment shifts to F11
    Free: Wild Shape to Swarm form, shift to E11, +1 AC, +1Rf, +10 THP
    Standard: Savage Rend @ Vertasi
    To Hit Reflex - (1d20+20)[36] (inc. CA)
    Damage - (1d8+10)[14]+Claw Damage - (1d10)[8]
    If hit, slide to D11

Saving Throw Figment - (1d20)[15]
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-03-11 at 09:46 PM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

"You are from where I'm standing," Kihtsah says as he regains his footing. He switches his shortsword to his main hand, fighting almost as effectively, trying to lure Qurab back between him and Teshiq.

Move: Stand
    Standard: Overwhelming strike
    Spoiler
    Show
    Overwhelming Strike on Qurab:
    Attacks vs AC:
    (1d20+18)[29]
    (1d20+18)[27]
    Damage:
    (1d6+13)[15]
    On hit, shift to B7, pull Qurab to my space.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

The Midnight Mirage - Mid-Player Phase Update
    Amirah's swarm succeeds in shoving the immobilized pirate away from his helpless victim, with the help of Figment's distractions. Using his distraction to her advantage, the magic of Amirah's gloves adds extra bite to the wounds she inflicts.

Meanwhile, Kihtsah assumes a new stance as he resumes his battle with only his off-hand weapon. With a swift parry and riposte, he scores a deep gash from Qurab's collarbone to the middle of his chest. The lizardman roars. I will not survive this, Adimasai, but I will bring you down with me! he roars, he eyes ablaze with fury and pain, his once pristine green scales smeared in his own blood and gore, with many missing in some places. His amulet glows brightly with his fury, its once blue-green light a deep, angry red.

Map:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-03-12 at 06:36 PM.
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

For a fleeting moment Medinah looks blankly at the redheaded woman, but the only rejoinder to her offer of a duel is an infernal curse upon her and the female pirate with her. The warforged vanishes in a cloud of azure brimstone, reappearing adjacent to the foremast, Vertasi and his goon, the brimstone bonding to them in a manner not unlike her aegis.

Without even so much as a word, she lights into the Snake with her blade, now ablaze with blue flame.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action to place Warlock's Curse on Z and P42.
    Move action: Avernian Challenge, teleporting to C-10 and marking V and P28 UEMNT.
    Action point: Curse Strike on Vertasi (+11 fire damage to attacks this round per Avernian Action), using Brawling Warrior to gain +1 to hit.

Str (weapon) vs. Will: (1d20+18)[30]
    (2d8+6)[14] psychic damage +11 fire damage + (2d6)[8] curse damage + -2 to attack rolls UEMNT per Curse Strike + Psychic Lock + Protective Hex.

What I choose for my standard action will depend on whether that hits or not (since if it misses I'll want to use a Warlock power to still try to take advantage of curse damage).

24. - Top - End - #504

...is still unconscious

Spoiler
    Show
    saving throw: (1d20)[7]
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

After connecting with a debilitating strike, Medinah lunges forward with the point of her blade at Vertasi's vitals, still aglow with blue flame.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action: Blazing Lunge at Vertasi.

Int (weapon) vs. Ref: (1d20+21)[36]
    (2d8+10)[18] +11 fire damage + (2d6)[7] damage per Curse Strike.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

As Medinah lands a pair of devastating blows on Vertasi, his illusion begins to show signs of damage, with blood running down his arms. His skin is scorched in places by the fires of her wrath.

Meanwhile, seeing Rahman in grave danger, Teshiq makes a split-second decision. He whirls on the pirate wielding Kihtsah's khopesh and runs him through with his bastard sword, heaving the dead pirate off the blade with an emphatic lurch. He then begins casting a prayer to Daq to bring the kobold to his side; Qurab takes this moment to lash out at him in fury. Kihtsah, however, is prepared. As Qurab's main gauche reaches for Teshiq's weapon, the half-efreet intercepts it with his shortsword, deftly spins under it, and rams the point of his blade up beneath Qurab's jaw, throwing him back. The lizardman does not rise, though he just barely draws breath.

Unperturbed, Teshiq continues his chant, and soon Rahman is at his side. He gives a quick prayer to Daq before he attempts to wake Rahman. He succeeds, and the kobold is awake in moments. Teshiq gives another small prayer to patch up his wounds, and then turns his attention to the events unfolding on the main deck.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medinah lands a pair of devastating hits on Vertasi, bloodying him. Teshiq kills the mustachioed pirate that stole Kihtsah's weapon. He then uses Recall Ally, and Kihtsah uses Battle Awareness to interrupt Qurab's opportunity attack with an Overwhelming Strike, killing him. I've left him alive in case Kihtsah wants a parting exchange, but his hitpoints are depleted.

Teshiq brings Rahman to D6, administers first aid to give him a save, which is successful (his channel divinity ability is an untriggered free action, so I did not use it as Rahman saved without the bonus). I then chose to have him use a minor for a Healing Word, since Rahman is quite bloodied; I can undo this if you guys would rather save the healing for later. This also gives Kihtsah a few spare hitpoints.

Encounter Objective: Vendetta Vanquished
    Task: Kihtsah must slay or subdue Qurab personally
    Reward: Everyone gains a bonus 120 XP
    Update: Kihtsah has defeated Qurab in (mostly) single combat. Objective completed.

As his wounds accumulate, Vertasi unleashes an inhuman roar. You seem to think your mortal blades and pathetic magic can harm me! he shouts in a strangely dual, resonating voice; his own crew seem deeply unnerved by it. I will show you TRUE power! He begins to grow, the illusion Amirah's swarm could already see through begins peeling back to reveal his true form. A small wave of force knocks Amirah back against the guard rail to make room for the expansion of his size. You shall be the first to die, you pathetic piece of Admajai trash! he roars, swinging his now huge morningstar at Medinah. Her layers upon layers of magic placed to curse the pirate's luck save her from what would have been a devastating swing, and the oni roars in frustration.

Zastraya lets out an exasperated sigh. Ignore her, Captain. Her blade shall be no match for mine. You ought to deal with the softer targets on the bow castle, she says, and Vertasi gives her a glare before turning his gaze to the bow castle which has been neutralized by the Hunters. As he does so, the first mate rushes up to Medinah. Cheers, dearie. This will not be pleasant, but it will be over quickly, she says with a sickly sweet smile. With a flourish, she avoids Medinah's attempt to parry and strikes her wrist and then chest in quick succession, breaking her grip on her weapon. As the longsword falls to the ground, Zastraya kicks the pommel with her foot and it jumps up into her hand, and in one fluid motion she directs the blade into Medinah's side, the magic of the longsword dealing additional damage. Oh, a magic weapon! How kind of you to let me borrow it, hon, she says, tipping her feathered hat with the tip of the longsword. The other pirates on deck follow suit, taking advantage of Medinah's lowered defenses as her warding goes down without the sword. The female pirate cursed by Medinah, seeing the warforged completely surrounded, opts instead to boldly meet the swarm of insects and the displacer beast head on. She is not successful in harming the swarm, but her comrades' attacks on Medinah prove more effective. The lizardman at the door, meanwhile, seems to be guarding it as more footsteps from below are heard.

Up in the crow's nest, Alaq loads a bolt with more of his explosive concoction and levels it at Teshiq. His bolt poisons Teshiq, and the minor explosive does the barest amount of extra damage to Kihtsah and Rahman.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Medinah is missed by Vertasi. Medinah is hit by Zastraya twice, once with Zastraya's rapier and once with her own longsword. She takes a total of 42 damage from that. Her warding also goes down, since she needs to wield a sword to benefit from it. She then takes a further 21 16 damage from the two adjacent pirates. The female pirate fails to land a hit on Amirah.

Teshiq takes 10 damage and is poisoned. Rahman and Kihtsah each take 2 damage from the explosive.

Maps
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (A); 100/102 HP, 8/12 Surges, 10 THP, +1 AC/Ref UEANT,
    Kihtsah (K); 84/111 HP, 4/8 Surges, Menacing, Missing Khopesh,
    Medinah (M); 39/105 HP, 9/13 Surges, +2 AC/Reflex, Bloodied
    Rahman (R); 71/113 HP, 12/18 Surges,
    Teshiq (T); 77/103 HP, 3/8 Surges, slowed (poison, save ends)
    Figment (F); 44/51 HP,

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P2);
    Male Human Pirate (P4);
    Gnoll Pirate (P5);
    Gnoll Pirate (P6);
    Male Human Pirate (P7);
    Gnoll Pirate (P8);
    Male Human Pirate (P9);
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P10);
    Male Human Pirate (P11);
    Qurab Benu'alas (Q);
    Vertasi the Snake (V); Cursed (M), -2 Attack UENT (Curse Strike), -2 close/melee attack vs. anyone but Medinah (Protective Hex) Bloodied
    Zastraya (Z); Cursed (M)
    Gnoll Pirate (P17);
    Lizardfolk Pirate (P33);
    Male Human Pirate (P28);
    Female Human Pirate (P42); Cursed (M)

Known Information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-03-18 at 01:04 PM.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Pushed against the railing from the ballooning growth of the oni, Amirah is forced into a little dance, her swarm first switching places with Figment as the strange cat once again distracts Vertasi and one of his pirates with her illusions. In the meantime, Amirah reshapes her body to be passably human and once again summons the energies of the world, calling a huge wave to arch over Figment and her, and hitting everything -and everyone- else on the deck with the strength of a battering ram. Only the masts protect Medinah and one of the pirates from the impact.

As they recover from the deluge, Amirah risks sending a thought to the high deck. "Big Sister-Medinah needs help!" she sends to all of them, but specially directed at Kihtsah.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah (Humanoid form)
    HP 100+10/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (4 used /12)
    Defences include Figment's bonus.

Figment
    HP 44/51 Bloodied 25 Healing Surge 12 (0 used /0)

Move: Amirah and Figment shift, exchanging positions: Amirah to F11, and Figment to F12, +1 AC, +1Rf
    (Note: I'm not 100% positive this is possible; as I see it, they are moving at the same time, and they don't impede movement, so I'd say it is not against the rules, but Shadow Elf, if you rule otherwise, then Figment shifts to E10 instead. Amirah still ends up in F11. The only change apart from positioning is that P42 wouldn't grant CA during the attack).

Free: Wild Shape to Humanoid form

Standard: Tidal Surge @A11-E15 (targets reflex)
    To Hit V - (1d20+20)[22]
    To Hit Z - (1d20+18)[28]
    To Hit P17 - (1d20+18)[26]
    To Hit P42 - (1d20+20)[37]
    To Hit P33 - (1d20+18)[37]
    Damage - (2d6+10)[16]
    Any hit are slid 3 squares:
    V:not moved, unless someone says otherwise in OOC
    Z: B13, then A13
    P17: B12, then A12
    P42: F14, then G14
    P33: B16, then A16
    Corpse @C11 (automatic hit; I believe. Feel free to roll if not.): sent flying overboard (no longer difficult terrain)
    IIRC, they'll get an extra-easy ST of 5+ to not be thrown overboard, but if they pass they'll be prone
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-03-18 at 06:42 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

The Midnight Mirage - Update
    As Amirah's wave washes over the pirates, only Vertasi resists. The rest are tossed overboard, most drowning or being bashed about until dead. However, Amirah and Medinah note something strange as the wave hits Zastraya; for the briefest moment, it seems as if a Lizardfolk was tossed overboard...

They realize why when they hear a burst of female laughter from the aft deck. I must admit, Amirah, that was cute, but your beautiful ship was built with rails for a reason, dearie! says Zastraya, a little wet but not much the worse for wear, leaning languidly against the rail, rapier in one hand and Medinah's longsword in the other.

Maps:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-03-20 at 05:42 PM.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Steeling herself following that brutal assault, Medinah stares through Zastraya.

"That does not belong to you," she finally utters, and with a wave her spiritswing longsword vanishes from the pirate's control, only to reappear in Medinah's hand.

She then takes a defensive position behind the foremast, hoping the cover from it and the brambles growing around her from her pact would protect her.

Spoiler
    Show

Before her turn, her Pact Boon should trigger from the death of the pirate P42 under her curse, which should extend to pirate P28 due to Relentless Curse.

Minor action to use Warforged Resolve, healing 10 HP and gaining 10 temp HP.
    Standard action to use her Swordbond class feature to retrieve her sword.
    Move action to shift to D9.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Catching his breath, Kihtsah stands over the body of Qurab. Amirah's message quickly draws his attention to the fight going on the main deck. "We'll deal with you later," he mutters to the body before going to pick up his kopesh from the corpse of the other pirate. Fully armed again, Kihtsah charges down the stairs at the pirate behind Medinah, taking position between her and the others.

Move: to E6
    Minor: Pick up Kopesh
    Standard: Charge to C9, attack P8 with Overwhelming strike
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack vs AC: (1d20+19)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+9)[11]
    Free shift to C10.