New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Hourglass of Zihaja D&D 4e] Heroes on a Sea of Swords IC

The Bazaar
    The kobold grins. Yes, yes my friend! They immediately feel an unquenchable need for salt water upon imbibing my brew, and they cannot but rush off the sides of the ship to slake it! They drown in the ferocity of their own thirst. They can do nothing else between first contact and their eventual death, the alchemist proudly proclaims.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq, Healer's District

Teshiq looked up the moment the figure approached with her slurring hissing sounds his he beckoned the child forth while his eyes tried to get a peak under her hood. Shean... a look of concentration crossed his face as he tried to remember it and the difference in dialects.

"Show me your face girl and come here."
    Spoiler
    Show

History (1d20+8)[11] Simply because I can't find anything on the Shean.
    Insight (1d20+19)[31] A child would usually do better at begging (or pick pocketing) by exploiting someone's charity or sympathy by being personal and making eye contact why would this little girl beg cloaked as she was?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

The Healer's District

Check Results:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The child seems to genuinely need help. Teshiq can tell that she is in some pain, and her speech is somewhat impacted by something, perhaps an illness or chest injury. Shean is the adjective (I think) for "of the she-da-zhong". She-da-zhong are basically Yuan-Ti, but in HoZ, they come in two "flavours" - Cobra and Asp. "Shean" just sounds better than "She-Da-Zhonghan", so I went with that. The She-da-zhong live on the Western continent, and are the aggressing party in the budding war with the City states on the Qius coast.

Ssssssssome men... they h-hit me... my chesssst hurtssss... The little one pulls back her hood to reveal a reptilian face. She is clearly a she-da-zhong - not a lizardwoman or a kobold. However, rather that the green, brown and violet her race usually sport as scale colours, her scales are blue in several shades, a mix of tones which conveys a sense of water.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

HAKHPUR at the Broken Sign Inn

"Worry not, madam," says Hakhpur as he drinks the first sip of wine, "I was just asking; and just the wine is enough for now! I can see that this place is intended for people to gather to just chat rather than fill their stomaches. And I like it."

As he realizes he's being observed -probably by some psychic ability- Hakhpur's expresion doesn't change. However, a thought come from his mind: "They're tryng to scry new people; it's an expected reaction in societies like these ones. At least the security is good if seen that way... Or maybe not if I'm surrounded by dangerous people..."

Then he continues talking to the owner, but lowers his voice. "You see, madam, I'm just here to relax for a brief time, and this glass of fine wine is doing a good job. So many rumors about the shedu-zong, she-da-zhong, she-za-dhong (or whatever they're called) are making me feel both worried and relieved... Heh, I don't know what to say! I enjoy conversations, but it's been a long time since I don't sit quietly and talk in a bar, just like now..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Note for the DM: My true intentions is for the owner or someone to spill some useful information about the pirates, either as words or as subtle reactions.

I try to highen my poor senses by attempting to listen (or sense) any uncommon reaction from the people behind me, or from the owner herself.

Just in case (if not, just use the passive modifiers instead):
    Insight: (1d20+8)[25]
    Perception: (1d20+8)[14]
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-03 at 07:19 PM.
    ===================

My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Sorcerer (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

The Broken Sign Inn
    At the mention of the 'zhong, the oddly mismatched pair in the corner murmur a bit. The young kobold woman shoots Hakhpur a suspicious glance, but otherwise says nothing. The aazlai seems amused by her irateness, but is otherwise unreactive.

The innkeeper responds. You can call me Madame Fatima dear, or just Fatima is fine. You shouldn't be worried 'bout the 'zhong, hon. The sultan's massing a big fleet, supplied by the Merchant's Guild. With the pirate hunters acting as support, this "war" will be over in no time and things'll quiet down and go back to normal around here.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #96

OldWizardGuy

Hakhpur looks relieved upon hearing the word hunters.

"Pirate hunters? Really?" says Hakhpur, looking excited, but with his voice still low. "So the thing is not just a rumour after all! I'm glad these conflicts are finally going to end!"

He finishes his glass and then he speaks to the owner again. "Madam Fatima, I'm curious about two things: Firstly... How much do I owe you for this good glass of wine? Secondly... If you spoke with your heart, do you really think that those hunters could beat the pirates? I've heard the zhangs (or whatever they're called) carry powerful weapons, but I've also heard they're just a bunch of kids playing with their daddy's gadgets... On the other hand, no one knows those so-called huntirs, if they do really exist, or if they're really at the level of the zhungs. I think keeping people tense with uncertainty is just... Wrong. Don't you think?"

He didn't look like he was inquiring; he seemed just introspective.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to notice if the people at the tables respond to the deliberate provocations.
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-03 at 10:54 PM.
    ===================

My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

The Broken Sign Inn
    Madame Fatima shakes her head. The she-da-zhong are a race, friend. Snake with arms, basically, from what I've heard. They like to use poisons, I hear, real painful ones. But the Hunters aren't slackers either. Take those two in the corner their - they're Hunters contracted aboard The Gift of the Matriarch. Their captain's a Naranjai merchant prince, and they're some of the deadliest Hunters out there. I almost feel sorry for the damn snakemen.

You can tell that the evidently paranoid kobold doesn't like being spoken about, but once again, the genie-blooded aazlai does not seem to care. Throughout all of this, the two murmuring humans have been murmuring away uncaring, and the black-cloaked figure seems not to have even moved.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #98

OldWizardGuy

HAKHPUR in the Broken Sign Inn

Hakhpur thinks without altering his previous expression. "The 'Gift of the Matriarch'?? Bwahahah!!... What a liar!! Well, I'll follow the game then!"

His expression changed to an optimistic smile when he heard the name and about the power of the Hunters. "It's great to see confident and hopeful people all over the city! And the fact that you know about the Hunters and the (let's see if I can pronounce it well) she-da-zhong increases my hopes considerably! The snakefolk will be defeated, we must have faith!"

He stands up and gets his gear. "You know, I really enjoyed chatting with you, Madam Fatima, but you still haven't answered my first question! How much do I owe you for the drink?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Apart from being immobile any odd detail about the mysterious cloaked figure?

Perception: (1d20+8)[27]
    Insight: (1d20+8)[11]
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

The Broken Sign Inn
    Madame Fatima smiles. Right, sorry dear. One gold piece for the drink. As the plump innkeeper replies to the gnoll's question, the kobold woman stands up and walks over to the bar, sitting next to Hakhpur. She looks up at his face, and he suddenly feels a voice in his head - very similar to the way Amirah communicates with him. Stop playing stupid, gnoll. What do you want with us? She turns to Madame Fatima. Another refill for my towering companion and I if you please, Madame.

Hakhpur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before walking over to him, Hakhpur notes that the kobold woman briefly looks at the cloaked figure in the corner. Apart from that momentary glance, everything about him seems totally unremarkable.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-03-03 at 11:39 PM.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #100

OldWizardGuy

"I knew you were no ordinary girl," thinks Hakhpur to see if the kobold girl's effect can allow Hakhpur to reply telepathically as well. "I previously sensed something in my head. Can you sense my thoughts right now? Do you know who I am?"

Apparently surprised that a kobold girl sat next to him, Hakhpur smiles accepting gladly the girl's invitation, but handing one gold piece to Fatima, paying her for the previous drink. "What a nice surprise, kobold-maid," says Hakhpur with a respectful bow, pleased. "I accept your treat on one condition: Next one's mine."
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

The Broken Sign Inn
    I meant my partner, you dimwit, not you! she thinks condescendingly in her head, though outwardly, she plays along, as if the invitation had been for him all along. No, I cannot read your mind, gnoll. The fact that you resisted my probings is what tipped me off that you were more than what you seemed. So, I ask again - what do you want?
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-03-03 at 11:56 PM.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #102

OldWizardGuy

"Heh," thinks Hakhpur. "Not so fast, young lady. Truly, looks like it's pointless to hide something from you, so I'll tell you what I want: Information. Let me propose you a deal: I'll tell you more details if you answer me some few questions truthfully. Worry not, since it won't compromise you. I doubt we'll meet again, and I'll ask no names. So, what do you think?"

"Oh... My bad!" says Hakhpur, looking embarrased. "I didn't mean to... Well, I guess you're not alone after all, so I apologize for this minor misunderstanding...!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy check to convince her! (1d20+20)[31]
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-04 at 12:34 AM.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq Healer's District

Teshiq remains expressionless but looks around the crowd for any unwanted attention, "Put your hood back up best not to draw attention, now let's see what's wrong with you."

Placing one calloused hand under his cloak on his holy amulet his left eye seems to twinkle and his right cast into shadow for only a moment. Invisible tendrils of divine energy warmly lift free of his hand as he delves the child for her woes, while taking a read of the child Teshiq talks to her softly.

"My name is Teshiq, what is yours? How did this come to be?"

Even as he looked for illness or injury the healing coursed through him to the girl mending any woes to their natural state.

Spoiler
    Show

Take 20 on Heal Check = 32
    Apply Healing Word: (3d6+5)[15] Add her Healing Surge Value.
    Random Passing Friendly NPC within 5 squares receives 5 HP.
    Last edited by A'den; 2011-03-04 at 08:47 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

The Broken Sign Inn
    Very well, stranger. Come back to our table. She smiles outwardly. Its no trouble at all. Why don't you join my companion and I? One full bottle please, Madame, so there's enough for three. The innkeeper nods. No problem hon. Once they get the wine, the kobold leads Hakhpur back to her table. The aazlai Johoumite grunts a greeting. So, what is it you want to know?

The Healer's District
    The street is, by Daq's grace, nearly empty - no one saw the girl's face. She giggles despite her injuries as Teshiq's magic flows into her. Prior to his healing, he could tell that she had several broken ribs that were restricting her breath and giving her voice the restrained quality he observed. Thank you sssssir. I wassss going to the market. I need herbssss for mother'ssss tea. Sssshe is very ssssick. But some men, they ssssaw my face. They called me mean namessss, and they kicked me. It hurt, but I feel better now.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-03-04 at 04:46 PM.
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #105

Rahman Shamis, Kobold Swordmage

"Interesting." Rahman said, tilting his head to the side, thinking with a far off look in his eyes. "Must cause some sort of imbalance. Something to think on."

His vision brightened at Khitsah's food. "Oh fantastic, where did you find that?"
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

16. - Top - End - #106

OldWizardGuy

"Of course," says Hakhpur to the kobold. "I'll be there in a moment." He then turns to the owner, adding. "Thank you for everything, Madam Fatima. I'll have a short chat with these people before departing."

Once he takes his staff (and gear) with him, Hakhpur sits on a chair at the table. "Greetings," he says to the aazlai, with a short bow.

However, in his mind, he's thinking a different thing, for the kobold to sense: "Is it okay to speak openly now? What I want is information about the she-da-zhong. Anything crucial is fine. If you can't (or don't want) to talk about the matter, just make me know, and I'll understand. But please, don't lie to me, for I'll immediately know."

Spoiler
    Show
    Even if I have low Insight modifier, I guess I can convince her that I can detect lies somehow.

I'll make a Bluff check just in case: (1d20+15)[35]

Critical Bluff!!
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-04 at 09:18 PM.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

The Broken Sign Inn
    The kobold's shrill laugh psychically fills his head. She-da-zhong? Why would you care, unless you're a pirate hunter yourself? And if you're a pirate hunter, that means you're our competition! He psychic laugh fills his head again. So, no, I won't talk about that.

Hakhpur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're pretty sure this kobold did not try to read you again. She is obviously just very deductive.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #108

OldWizardGuy

"I understand," thinks Hakhpur. "That means you're not my enemy, which is good, yes. You're clearly a hunter, probably from the Gift of the Matriarch, am I right? Even if you're not as cooperative as I thought, I'm gonna fulfill the part of the deal: I'm a hunter too, aboard another vessel. Honestly, I don't see you guys as our competition, but as valuable allies we could share information with. If you don't see the she-da-zhong as the main menace, then obviously you're not as involved as I am, so anyone who listens our thoughts could suppose you're working as an insider for the pirates... Just a thought."

"Please, excuse my bad manners," Hakhpur says grabbing his gear. "But I need to leave now."

But he thinks as he smiles at the kobold. "I thank you anyways. I already know what I need to know."

He walks towards the bar and talks to the owner. "Once again, thank you for everything, Madam Fatima." He takes another two gold pieces from his pouch and hands it to her. "Please, serve another round to that table over there," he says signaling at the table where the kobold and the aazlai are. Then he turns to them. "Consider that treat an apology for my rudeness."

He makes a bow, and prepares to leave the inn.
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-04 at 10:13 PM.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

The Broken Sign Inn
    Have it your way, Hunter. But don't doubt that Prince Amirii's crew is the dagger's tip of this war. There is no way for you to be more involved than we. her smug inside voice rings in his head. Come again any time, dear, comes the innkeeper's voice.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #110

OldWizardGuy

HAKHPUR

Hakhpur just smiles upon hearing the kobold's voice inside his mind for a last time. Once outside the inn, Hakhpur starts walking back to the dock, where the Midnight Mirage is, trying to see if someone is following him.

"That was an interesting encounter," he mumbles for himself, then grins. "Moreso, I think I got enough material for the journey..."

Once aboard the ship, he greets his teammates (if someone has already arrived) and the rest of the crew. "Anything new while I was out there?"
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-05 at 12:15 AM.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq nodded with sympathy it was typical errors in judgment by most in the City of God, it was not enough to be myopic about the Gods but as well as one species, he felt pity for the Shean regardless of their background they obviously were simply destitute the poor were usually easy targets for those to vent some political fury.

"Take me to your mother child, maybe we can brew some strong tea for her."

He checked his bag of herbs and salves secreted away tucked over and around his belt and tied off back to the belt a local pick pocket would have a harder time taking that then some coin pouch hanging on a string. A faint whisper in the back of his head reminded him he needed to stay out of trouble, but he was redressing a balance. He threw his cloak back and rested his sword arm on the pommel of his sword at his side, that should of discouraged trouble.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

The Healer's District
    The little snake-girl takes Teshiq by the hand and leads him to the Dock Street West district. The district is, for the most part, a shanty own in shambles. Beggars sit on street corners and some of the homes don't even have doors, just open gaps or, in some cases, a curtain. The girl leads Teshiq into one such curtained building. Inside, there is but one room - in the middle, a cot. Sleeping on the cot and coughing in her sleep is a woman who resembles the captain, Shaur al-Farid. At first glance, she has human features, but her skin is blue, a deeper blue than the captain's, and in hues similar to those of her daughter. She has no reptilian traits whatsoever.

The little girl slithers over to her. Mommy! Wake up! A nicesss man issss here to help you!
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq, Dock Street West district (Changing Teshiq's Color to Gray)

"Shhh." Teshiq hushed the girl quietly, her resemblance to the Captain was quite striking, he had not often talked much with the woman to know of her background other than some of the obvious aqua-djinn lineage. He took a few herbs from his pocket and gave them to the little Shean Child. He noticed no father in the house, he tried not to guess at her heritage to much.

"Make a strong tea with these if you need some water here,"
    he drew a water skin seemingly from nowhere and gave it to the girl. Reinforcing his words with a brave smile and a gentle pat on the head.

He found something to sit on and arranged a few of his mystic items around himself and quietly stared at the sleeping woman and delved into the woman to find her ails. The divine power seemed to coalescence around him building up to a nimbus of light as arcs of healing energy coursed from his hands he waved over the woman into her body.

Spoiler
    Show

[roll]Heal Check: Diagnose Ailment and Stabilize: Take 20 + 17 = 32
    Apply Healing Word: (3d6+5)[19]
    If warranted by the condition apply one of the following:
    Cure Disease: Mundane Ailment
    Remove Affliction: Magical Ailment or Curse
    Check for either Ritual: (1d20+17)[30]

After if nothing else happens, (i.e. I don't kill her accidentally) DM you can play out the rest of the scene and return Teshiq to the ship.
    Last edited by A'den; 2011-03-05 at 02:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Dock Street East - Small Home
    Teshiq learns in his examinations that the sickness the mother of the child is suffering from is readily curable with simple herbal tinctures and his own healing touch. It is the sort of illness that, had she been one of the cities noblewomen, would have quickly been cured within hours of the first symptoms. It was only their destitution that allowed it to get this severe.

After waiting several minutes, the mother is finally strong enough to speak. Thank you, stranger. I wish I could compensate you in some way, but as you can see, Kali and I have nothing but this little shack and the clothes on our backs. She turns to her daughter. Kali, would you go play outside for a few minutes? The nice man and I are going to have a chat. Okay mommy! With that, the little one goes outside to play.

You're probably wondering why my daughter resembles a she-da-zhong, but I do not. The truth is, she is not my daughter, but my half-sister. Our mother was a full-blooded marid, the daughter of a wealthy merchant in Jaqabad. My father was the captain of the ship she rode with, contracted to her father. Our vessel was overwhelmed by she-da-zhong pirates a few years ago. My father was killed, and my mother and I raped and enslaved. From that union, my mother gave birth to Kali. She gave her life to allow us to escape - we swam all the way here, and have been living like this ever since. The half-marid sighs. I do not know what I will do next, but thanks to you, I can work now. Kali and I can get better lives. She smiles at the priest. Thank you.

After a little more chitchat, Teshiq leaves behind the necessary herbs and such to make her tea for the next week or so, which will be enough to completely stave off the infection. As he departs, Kali hugs his leg and hands him a seashell she found by the pier. He very quickly makes his way back to the not-too-distant Midnight Mirage.

The Midnight Mirage
    As evening falls, the crew have gone to their hammocks after a long day of physical labour. Kalam waits with the Hunters on the main deck. Soon, two forms ascend the gangplank and greet the waiting group. Caal smiles his toothy grin, and Shaur gestures the Hunters onward. Once the lot of them are in the war room, the Captain speaks up.

Kalam, status report.

Everything is in order, Captain. By morning, we sail with the tide.

Alright, good. With that out of the way, we've got time to chat - so, has anyone got anything to report before Caal and I tell you about our meeting with the sultan?

Hakhpur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're not sure, because the light is not great, but when Shaur and Caal come onto the ship, you swear you see the black robed figure from The Broken Sign leaning on the main mast in your peripheral vision! But when you look, there's no one there. Probably just your imagination... or maybe that kobold from the Inn put some kind of lingering hallucination in your mind?
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    Alright, good. With that out of the way, we've got time to chat - so, has anyone got anything to report before Caal and I tell you about our meeting with the sultan?
    Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah contemplates mentioning all her new toys, but prudently decides that the captain is likely not that interested, even if they are very nice toys.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

The Warforged smiles happily at Captain Shaur's return.

"I intend to reconfigure the crossbows I purchased today in such a way as to assist with our boarding of targeted vessels. Apart from that project however, I have nothing of consequence to report."
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

27. - Top - End - #117

OldWizardGuy

HAKHPUR back in the Midnight Mirage

"Evening, captain," greets Hakhpur, and puts his hand on his robes. "And greeting to all. Here's my report..."

"First," he says taking out a scroll, "the merchant's guild want you to sign this paperwork. The good side of it is that we've always count on their support for supplying the vessel."

"Second," he continues while taking out the ritual components, "our ritualists could be happy with these; rare herbs and alchemical reagents. This pouch over here contains black marble dust, which works as well as sanctified incense. Also, here are some healing unguents."

"Third," he adds while takes out a map in an excellent condition, "I wanted to make sure that Zekai has the best maps in the world. I know you have your own copy, but this one could serve as a backup for the Hunters, or whoever needs it."

"And finally," he says, "does anyone have heard details about the crew of the Gift of the Matriarch? I had an interesting encounter... Worry not, for it was not a troublesome one."

Once finished his report, Hakhpur finally adds. "I hope your visit to the Sultan was fruitful, captain."

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana check to see if I can guess what that black robed figure could be. At least I want to know if it's, in fact, a hallucination.
    Arcana: (1d20+12)[27]
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-05 at 08:10 PM.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah Darimil, Dervish of Adimas

"Nothing to report myself, Captain, it was an uneventful day. I'm ready for whatever you've got for us."
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

((OOC: I know I should wait for everyone to report, but I'll let them post their reports after this plot exposition scene. Keeping the game moving is the prime directive.))

Explore Muarzibet Completed!

((EXP Rewarded. See OOC thread for details. Some conditions may apply))

Shaur nods as everyone finishes their reports. Alright. Here's the deal. We've got our letter of marque from the sultan for hunting she-da-zhong - every captain we bring back in chains earns us a bounty. He gave me the names of two specific captains his spies tell him should be priority targets - Hasnarash, a powerful priest of their pagan snake deity, and The Salamander, a vicious 'zhong with more than a little efreet blood in him. She turns to Caal. For the ship's mages, he also gave us something else. While we're at sea, I would like you to study this. One-Eye takes out a long black tube and un-caps it. He pours the contents out on the map table - it is a series of scrolls. These scrolls are written in a form of Archaic most of the sultan's scholars have trouble deciphering. They have managed to discover, however, that the scroll contains instructions on how to cast an Admajai ritual attack. The historians tell that the Empire which collapsed over 300 years ago would use spells like this one, cast by an entire cadre of mages, to decimate the opposing force before engaging them fully. As we are the only ship to employ a full cadre, he has asked us to decipher this scroll... and test its destructive effects on a shean ship, preferably a military transport, to see what it does. These scrolls are copies of the originals found in an ancient, abandoned library, explains the lizardman.

((OOC: If you guys have questions at any point during the narrative, feel free to ask them, and I will redirect the events accordingly. I will give everyone a chance to respond to this debriefing, and then I will weigh anchor and set the ship to sea later today.))
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Though she of course focused on the mission details, Medinah's attention was significantly piqued at mention of the Admajai. She gazes at the scrolls with a respectful curiosity.

"If this truly is an attack ritual from the days of the Empire, it is a fortunate discovery indeed and an honor for us to be entrusted with deciphering its secrets. But we must keep it safe."

Spoiler
    Show

I would like to make an Arcana knowledge check to see what she recalls about spells like the one he's describing: (1d20+18)[25]
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie