New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Hourglass of Zihaja D&D 4e] Heroes on a Sea of Swords IC

((I forgot to do this earlier))
    As Hakhpur's magic blows him away from his foes, he blows him onto the pressure plate... for the dartstorm trap! However, it fails catastrophically - maybe the winds of the spell remained long enough to blow them aside? Regardless, it didn't hit him at all.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah Darimil, Dervish of Adimas

With his allies backing him up, Kihtsah renews his attack, giving a prayer to Adimas to guide his blade against the lizard.

Minor: Oath of Enmity on riding beast in E12
    Standard: No Respite on Riding beast, using Kopesh

Spoiler
    Show
    Prior to the attack, I push the rider to D9.
    Attack: (1d20+18)[24] vs AC
    Oath Roll: (1d20+18)[31] vs AC
    Damage: (2d8+11)[23] + 5 Radiant and Necrotic damage from Painful Oath
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

"Understood," the Warforged replies with a nod to Rahman, barely noticing she's caught fire. She charges forward, leaping over the shattered floor and strikes again with her eldritch blade.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action: Charge at the ghost using Eldritch Strike, ending move at L-11. Jump check should be auto-success for her to jump 2 squares.

Attack: (1d20+22)[41] vs. AC
    Hit: (1d8+14)[15] + (2d6)[8] damage
    Effect: -2 to close and melee attacks vs. allies until my next turn, per Protective Hex

Save: (1d20+2)[6]

If I can't jump+charge, reduce the attack bonus by 1.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2011-03-24 at 10:38 PM.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Hakhpur

Still with his hostile aura, Hakhpur accidentally activated a trap that didn't affect him. However, in response he disappeared among his dark purple aura and re-appeared next to Teshiq.

"You alright?" he asked Teshiq without looking away from the monster. "This place is also full of traps. We must step carefully."

Free action: Teleport to N16 after the trap missed me.

Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show

Every time an enemy attack misses me, I can teleport 6 squares as a free action.
    This is the Phase of the Stars ability.

Hakhpur's status:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 95/95 Healing Surges spent 0/7

AC 27 (26) Fort 26 (26) Ref 22 (21) Will 29 (29)
    Effects: Spellfury (Insubstantial, +1 att vs monster, +1 att with area/blast), +1 dmg
    Condition:
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-24 at 11:49 PM.
    ===================

My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Sorcerer (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq

"Crispy but no worse than usual, we should find out what's happened to the Captain."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep - Enemy Phase
    Abovedecks, the reptilian winged beast is still dazed by Teshiq's mental assault. Despite this, from its prone position, it lashes out at Rahman and, squirming upright, takes off, accepting an attack from Kihtsah on its way out but easily maneuvering around Rahman. The beast's wild bite goes wide of its mark, Kihtsah's strike lands true, giving him an opening with the rhythm of his weapons to maneuver into a different position.

The beast's deposed rider, rattled by the Gnoll Sorcerer's unnerving cackle, puts an arrow to its string and fires at Rahman. However, the arrow just barely is diverted by the Kobold's magical warding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Enemy phase incomplete. I want to know where Kihtsah ends up after his opportunity attack triggers his Paragon Path feature. I rolled the AoO in my dice rolls thread, and you hit with Overwhelming Strike (you could use that to shift one backwards if you want, but you can't drag the wyvern as there's no room for that.) Then you get the free shift from using your Shortsword for the AoO. The flying mount is two squares up and diagonally back from the entrance, flying.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-03-26 at 05:01 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep - Enemy Phase Continues
    As the Dervish of Adimas emerges into the sunlight, two more beasts and their fell riders lay their eyes on him. Swooping in to strike, the two flying beasts easily maneuver out of Kihtsah's reach, their jaws set to strike. Both attacks land and the half-efreet is savaged by their vicious fangs.

As they pull away, their riders attack - one fires an arrow and is dressed similarly to the she-da-zhong that Kihtsah dismounted earlier. The other wields a staff of rippling green energy. The caster calls upon the venom coursing through the half-efreet's blood to assault him yet further, as its companion fires its arrow at Rahman. The magic shocks Kihtsah's system, but the arrow is deflected by the same narrow margin as before by Rahman's Warding.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kihtsah takes 23 damage and 12 poison damage and is dazed (save ends). Ouch. Also, remember, he is still taking Ongoing 10 poison damage from the beast's stinger, and also is taking a -2 to all saving throws by the closest beastie's aura.

Meanwhile, in the hold, the ghost giggles. Snakes fly, people die, and the world drowns! Teeheehee! How poetic! She throws her arms out in her prone state, and from where her heart should be leaps a globe of blackest magic, absorbing all the light around it, including Medinah's built-in light, throwing shadows all across the room. With a giggle, the girl opens a Dimension Door to the area above the gap, she does a quick shuttle loop through the floor, emerging next to the once-locked door. Looking through her magical darkness, she giggles as she exhales a wave of additional darkness, targeting those trapped in her globe. She then turns and fires a bolt of mind-numbing magic at Teshiq.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah, Medinah and The Wolf all take 17 necrotic damage and ongoing 10 necrotic damage & immobilized (save ends both). In addition, while in the Globe of Darkness, they are Blinded. This obscures the function of Medinah's light, plunging much of the hold into darkness (since the hole is also mostly covered by it). Teshiq takes 14 psychic damage and is Slowed (save ends). Also, when I said "All of you take ongoing 5 fire damage" last turn, I meant all the ones who I had listed damage for. Apologies for any confusion - those who did not take damage last turn from the crates also did not take the ongoing damage.

Map (Above Decks)
    Spoiler
    Show

Map (Below Decks)
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah; 75/102 HP, 12/12 Surges, Ongoing 10 necrotic damage & Immobilized (save ends both)
    Hakhpur; 95/95 HP, 7/7 Surges
    Kihtsah; 51/111 HP, 8/8 Surges, Ongoing 10 poison damage, Dazed (save ends), Bloodied
    Medinah; 88/105 HP, 13/13 Surges, Ongoing 10 necrotic damage & Immobilized (save ends both)
    Rahman; 97/113 HP, 18/18 Surges
    Teshiq; 78/103 HP, 8/8 Surges, Ongoing 5 fire damage, Slowed (save ends)

Wolf: 34/51 HP, Ongoing 10 necrotic damage & Immobilized (save ends both)

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ghost [O13]: Cursed (Medinah), -2 to close and area attacks vs. not-Medinah
    Reptilian Mount #1 [F10-E11]: Oath (Kihtsah), Dazed, Marked (Rahman), Bloodied, Flying (+10 ft)
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #1 [D9]: -2 Attack, Marked (Rahman)
    Reptilian Mount #2 [I11-H12]: Flying (+10 ft)
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #2 [I11-H12]: Flying (+10 ft)
    Reptilian Mount #3 [C8-B9]: Flying (+10 ft)
    She-Da-Zhong Priest [C8-B9]: Flying (+10 ft)

Known Info:
    The lowest defense of the Reptilian Mounts is Will
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-03-26 at 08:49 PM.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #218

Rahman Shamis, Kobold Swordmage

Rahman hustled out onto the main deck. "Here, drink this, one quick swallow and it should get to work!" He said as he passed Khitsah, Noting his condition. Rahman's tail pulled a small corked bottle from his belt and flicked it toward Khitsah's hands. Stopping at the edge of the ship and planting himself, he pulled out a medium sized red ruby from underneath his armor, attached with a small wire frame to a rope around Rahman's neck. He plucked it from it's rather humble frame and held it aloft, speaking harsh words memorized from his studies. The ruby flared red hot and Rahman threw it toward the riderless archer on the deck, and it exploded at another sharp command.

More words spilled out from Rahman as he raised his battlefist arm and scimitar into the air, lightning arcing and dancing between the two before leaping out at the various She-Da-Zhong nearby.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action to move to D13.
    Minor action to use Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture on Khitsah. Khitsah will recover a healing surge + 6 HP from this.
    Standard Action: Daily power of Necklace of Fireballs. Area burst 2, centered on the Archer at D9. Attack is Intelligence + 3 vs Reflex of targets. On a miss, targets take half damage.
    Beast at B8: (1d20+16)[31]
    Rider at B8: (1d20+16)[33]
    Archer at D9: (1d20+16)[20]
    Beast at E10: (1d20+16)[36]
    Damage: (5d6+3)[22] Fire damage

Action point used. Rahman gains 12 temporary hit points.
    Action point standard action: Lingering Lightning on the Two beasts and mountless archer. Targets reflex defense for all targets.
    Beast at B8: (1d20+18)[19]
    Archer at D9: (1d20+18)[27]
    Beast at E10: (1d20+18)[26]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[15] lightning damage, and 5 ongoing lightning damage. Targets missed take half damage.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep - Mid-Player Phase Update
    Rahman's fireball attack has a devastating effect, inflicting serious damage on nearly all of its targets. His lightning is less successful, however - the mounts are quick to protect their riders, and the priest seems to be using divine magic of Martuakh to keep his allies out of harm's way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fireball hits everything but the archer in the origin square. Lightning regrettably misses all targets. Kihtsah is no longer bloodied. You recognize three things:

a) The She-Da-Zhong Priest has an Aura 10 of +2 all defense
    b) Winged Beasts give their riders +2 to all defenses
    c) Winged Beasts gain +2 to all defenses while bloodied

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 75/102 HP, 12/12 Surges, Ongoing 10 necrotic damage & Immobilized (save ends both)
    Hakhpur; 95/95 HP, 7/7 Surges
    Kihtsah; 84/111 HP, 8/8 Surges, Ongoing 10 poison damage, Dazed (save ends)
    Medinah; 88/105 HP, 13/13 Surges, Ongoing 10 necrotic damage & Immobilized (save ends both)
    Rahman; 97/113 HP, 18/18 Surges, 12 Temporary Hitpoints
    Teshiq; 78/103 HP, 8/8 Surges, Ongoing 5 fire damage, Slowed (save ends)

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reptilian Mount #1 [F10-E11]: Oath (Kihtsah), Dazed, Marked (Rahman), Bloodied
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #1 [D9]: -2 Attack, Marked (Rahman)
    Reptilian Mount #2 [I11-H12]
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #2 [I11-H12]
    Reptilian Mount #3 [C8-B9]
    She-Da-Zhong Priest [C8-B9]

Known Info:
    The S-D-Z Archers gain Concealment vs. attacks originating 3+ sq. away
    The She-Da-Zhong Priest has an Aura 10 of +2 all defense
    Winged Beasts give their riders +2 to all defenses
    Winged Beasts gain +2 to all defenses while bloodied
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-03-26 at 09:52 PM.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah is shaken and rather lost in the darkness around her, but she can still feel the insects around her. With an effort of will, she pulls them close to rebuild her swarm.

Standard Action: Second Wind.
    Free Action: Wild Shape to Humanoid

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah
    HP 94/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (1 used /12)
    AC 29 Fort 27 Reflex 24 Will 28 Speed 6

Pack Wolf
    HP 24/51 Bloodied 24 Healing Surge 12 (0 used /0)
    AC 29 Fort 27 Reflex 24 Will 28 Speed 6

[roll=Saving Throw Amirah]1d20[/roll]
    [roll=Saving Throw Pack Wolf]1d20[/roll]
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq

Teshiq turned toward the ghost with a wicked grin on his face. Whatever it had decided to do leaving him free was the last mistake it would ever make. He pulled his symbol from his shirt. Light suddenly shined in the rope searing rays burned at the ghost as divine light bathed Teshiq.

"Darkness can never exist without LIGHT! In the name of Daq, be gone!"

The light brightened like a beacon and a blast of divine energy surged out from Teshiq searing the ghost with light to illuminate it for Rahman. The room blazed with the holy man's fury as the undead provoked his divine wrath. His cool seemed to peal back for a moment and an ancient force echoed in each of his words and actions. His actions seem to become a symphony of divine spell casting and flows of power reach out blasting the ghost and healing his allies around him.

The energy spun tightly around itself and wrapped the blade of Teshiq's sword in white flame that flickered with its own light.

"Come taste oblivion creature of evil."

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Sacred Flame
    AtK v Reflex: (1d20+15)[22]
    Hit: (1d6+17)[18] radiant damage. Khitsah gets a saving throw.

Minor Action: Turn Undead
    Close Burst 5:
    AtK vs Will: (1d20+15)[32]
    Hit: (3d10+8)[25] Ghost is pushed 5 squares and immobilized until the end of my next turn no save.

Minor Action: Weapon of the Gods: Until the end of the encounter attacks with weapon have an additional 1d6 radiant damage and foes take a -2 AC penalty until the weapon wielders next turn. Cast on Teshiq's Magic Bastard Sword.

Minor Action: Healing Word
    Range: Close Burst 10
    Target: Teshiq: Healing [roll]27+5d6+5[/roll]: Rahman gains 5 HP from Pashati’s Flow.

Saving Throw against Ongoing Fire Damage: [roll]1d20

Action Point
    Standard Action:
    Lance of Faith At Ghost (OOC Rolls)
    Grant Saving Throw to Rahman

Last edited by A'den; 2011-03-27 at 12:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222

OldWizardGuy

Hakhpur

The gnoll sorcerer walks to the outside and notices the she-zha-dongs and the wyverns flying up there.

"What the-??!" he barks surprised as the chain in his left hand reacts with one of the archers' presence. "An ambush???!"

Almost instinctively, he shoots a wide blast of white, dazzling lightning, concentrated on two flying monsters. The blast comes from above, leaving some burning embers on the ground. After that, Hakhpur fades away, almost fusing with his own aura.

"Guys, looks like we've got some bothersome flies over here..."

Move action: Walk to D15.
    Minor action: Foe Stone @ She-Da-Zhong archer #1 (at D9).
    Standard action: Blazing Starfall, area burst 1 centered in D9.

Spoiler
    Show

Foe Stone: I learn the archer's vulnerabilities and which of its defenses is the lowest.

Blazing Starfall:
    @Wyvern 1: (1d20+20)[28] vs Reflex (31 damage)
    @Wyvern 3: (1d20+19)[21] vs Reflex (30 damage)
    @Archer 1: (1d20+19)[29] vs Reflex (30 damage)
    @Priest: (1d20+19)[25] vs Reflex (30 damage)

Hit: (1d6)[6]+(1d4+21)[22] radiant and lightning damage (+2 for Pack Fighter race feature, 30 total), and I become insubstantial until the end of my next turn or until I'm hit (whichever occurs first). Also, I get some benefits depending on how many I hit with this attack (I've got all in my sheet, and it's a long list, so please notify me which enemies were affected).

Effect: The burst creates a zone bounded by burning ground that lasts until the end of my next turn. Whenever an enemy within the zone leaves it, that enemy takes 6 fire damage. (I suppose this doesn't apply to flying creatures?)

Note: Wyvern 1 received 1 extra damage this round due to my Echoes of Thunder Feat.

Also, I could use an action point depending on the results.
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-27 at 03:40 AM.
    ===================

My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Though Rahman's potion handled the worst of it, Kihtsah still has to focus to fight off the poison running through his veins. "That's not enough to take me down!" He yells at the flyers, raging building inside him. His head erupts in fire, and drawing on the magic of his background, he summons a mass of fire all around him, even reaching to the sky and the lizard flying overhead.

Minor action: Heart of fire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 ongoing damage and them spend a healing surge through Heart of Fire, ending up with 101 hp. Lizard flying in F10-E11 takes 10 damage.
    Saving throws:
    vs Damage-(1d20-2)[0]
    vs Daze-(1d20-2)[5]
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2011-03-27 at 10:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep - Mid-Player Phase Update
    Hakhpur's brilliant lightning storm harms the she-da-zhong archer and his former mount, but the priest and his mount are unharmed by the assault. Teshiq's divine flames miss the ghost, but while she giggles her pleasure at the evasion, his Lance of Faith strikes true, harming her. As Kihtsah's sudden conflagration hits the hovering wyvern, it shrieks and pain and tumbles from the sky, dead! Due to its low altitude, it does not reach sufficient speed to break through the deck.

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 94/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, Ongoing 10 necrotic damage & Immobilized (save ends both)
    Hakhpur; 95/95 HP, 7/7 Surges, Insubstantial
    Kihtsah; 101/111 HP, 8/8 Surges, Ongoing 10 poison damage, Dazed (save ends), Heart of Fire (Aura 2)
    Rahman; 97/113 HP, 18/18 Surges, 12 Temporary Hitpoints, +2 attack vs. Ghost UENT
    Teshiq; 73/103 HP, 8/8 Surges, Slowed (save ends)

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reptilian Mount #1 [F10-E11]: Dead
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #1 [D9]: Marked (Rahman)
    Reptilian Mount #2 [I11-H12]
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #2 [I11-H12]
    Reptilian Mount #3 [C8-B9]
    She-Da-Zhong Priest [C8-B9]

Known Info:
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

As the Warforged struggles to free herself from the binding necrotic energy, she tries to mentally calculate how long the globe of darkness will persist, while making a vain attempt to listen for the ghost's true location.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor Action: Arcana check to identify the zone. (1d20+18)[21]
    Minor Action: Perception check to locate the ghost. (1d20+7)[18]
    No other actions.

Saving Throw: (1d20+2)[18]

16. - Top - End - #226

OldWizardGuy

Hakhpur

"One down!" Hakhpur's insubstantial form echoes to his companions above "Kihtsah! Rahman! The archers are immune to toxins, but even so their body toughness is not as good as it seems!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Now my companions know that the archers have resistance 10 to poison, and their lower defense is Fortitude.

Hakhpur's status:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 95/95 Healing Surges spent 0/7

AC 27 (26) Fort 26 (26) Ref 22 (21) Will 29 (29)
    Effects: Spellfury (Insubstantial, +1 att vs Archer 1 & Wyvern 1, +2 dmg with melee/ranged), +1 dmg w/ thunder
    Condition: -
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-27 at 01:53 PM.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

The archer on deck, savaged by the fireball, the multitudes of lightning magic, and having just seen his mount succumb to Kihtsah's deadly aura of fire, snarls and puts an arrow to the string, seething at the half-efreet but compelled to attack Rahman by the Aegis. Despite its best efforts at aim, however, the arrow once more goes awry, missing its mark entirely. He moves away from the fray slightly.

The two remaining beasts swoop in - one makes an attempt on Rahman with its stringer, while the other moves in to strike Kihtsah and then moves back out again. Both sting and bite are successful - Rahman can immediately feel the poison rushing through his veins, and Kihtsah is once again savaged by the vicious bite.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kihtsah takes 17 damage. Rahman takes 16 damage and ongoing 12 poison damage (save ends) from the flying beasties's attacks.

The priest begins to wave his staff around, chanting in the hissing Shean language, and then aims its implement at Rahman - the swordmage feels the poison in his system from the stinger assault his brain alongside the magic, trying to warp his will. The kobold repels the assault, but is left dazed by the effort. The other archer takes this opportunity to launch a projectile at Hakhpur on the sterncastle. The arrow, and its poisoned tip, go wide, however, falling into the ocean beyond the gnoll.

Spoiler
    Show
    Both attacks miss. Rahman is still dazed UENT by the missed attack vs. Will, however.

In the area below decks, the giggling ghost's sphere of darkness continues to obscure vision. With a giggle, she phases through the deck to the surface, where she casts her cloud of darkness once again, just as the old one expires. She then unleashes a gout of inky breath weapon on the two kobolds and the gnoll from the cover of her magical globe. Rahman and Hakhpur are hit by the attack, but Kihtsah's dazed state does not prevent the luck of Adimas from keeping him safe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rahman takes 16 necrotic damage, Hakhpur takes 8 (because he is Insubstantial). Both take Ongoing 10 Necrotic Damage and are Immobilized (save ends both).

Remember, within two squares of the flying beasts, people with OG poison take a -2 penalty to saving throws and all defenses.

Map (Abovedecks):
    Spoiler
    Show

Map (Belowdecks):
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 94/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, Ongoing 10 necrotic & Immobilized (save ends both)
    Hakhpur; 95/95 HP, 7/7 Surges, Ongoing 10 necrotic & Immobilized (save ends both)
    Kihtsah; 84/111 HP, 8/8 Surges, Ongoing 10 poison, Dazed (save ends), Heart of Fire (Aura 2)
    Medinah; 88/105 HP, 13/13 Surges,
    Rahman; 77/113 HP, 18/18 Surges, +2 attack vs. Ghost UENT, Ongoing 12 poison damage, Ongoing 10 necrotic & Immobilized (save ends both), Dazed UENT
    Teshiq; 103/103 HP, 7/8 Surges, Slowed (save ends)

Wolf: 24/51 HP, Ongoing 10 necrotic damage & Immobilized (save ends both)

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ghost [M12/E12]: Cursed (Medinah)
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #1 [G7]: Marked (Rahman)
    Reptilian Mount #2 [H11-G12]
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #2 [H11-G12]
    Reptilian Mount #3 [B12-A13]
    She-Da-Zhong Priest [B12-A13]

Known Info:
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-03-27 at 03:17 PM.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #228

OldWizardGuy

Hakhpur

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    The other archer takes this opportunity to launch a projectile at Hakhpur on the sterncastle. The arrow, and its poisoned tip, go wide, however, falling into the ocean beyond the gnoll.
    After Hakhpur deflects the arrow with his staff, he disappears and re-appears some feet beyond, out of the wyvern's reach.

However, after the annoying child re-appears and kills one of the innoccent humans, he's particularly enraged. The girl not only managed to kill one of the men, but also immobilized Hakhpur and took cover within her own darkness. The gnoll's clothes protected him well from necrotic attacks though, but even so, he was still paralyzed.

"You little sh**!!!!"

Free action: After the arrow misses me (but before the cloud of darkness), I teleport to F15.
    Minor Action: Foe Stone on the priest, to learn its vulnerabilities and its lowest defense.
    Pending standard and move actions.

Spoiler
    Show
    The teleport maneuver is mainly to avoid the wyvern's reach. I'm still immobilized either way, since moving away from the darkness attack before it reaches me is metagaming. Also, I want to keep both kobolds within 2 squares of me to empower my spells.

I'll continue with my actions after I have learned about the priest's weaknesses.
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-27 at 03:43 PM.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq

Teshiq's sees the darkness vanish the hall and the ghost drift through the deck above he moves to the other side of Rahman and a mantle of light settles over his shoulders and blasts divine light into the darkness regardless of the concealment the lights floods from the stairwell and burns everything above on deck where he can hear the beating winds of the lizard. Divine Energy sheds off him to Rahman to help from him from his condition.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to N15
    Standard Action: Mantle of Glory Close Blast 5 From F15 to F10
    Attack vs Will: (1d20+15)[22] Hit: (2d10+8)[19] Radiant Damage: Allies in blast can spend a healing surge.
    Save vs Slowed: (1d20)[4]

20. - Top - End - #230

OldWizardGuy

Hakhpur, continuing

Once he learned that the priest had no different defenses than the archers, Hakhpur focused on it.

After his insubstantial body suddenly made a shift of essence (now a fiery mass of winds), Hakhpur aimed his staff and channeled a furious, violent stream of psychic shockwaves at the priest.

Immediately thereafter, empowered by the release of the previous raw energy, Hakhpur's muscles tense and the gnoll release a loud roar, as strong winds blow from him, like a swift, spiraling hurricane. The force of the winds are enough to push the enemies and make Hakhpur levitate.

"Now I can move and see better," he grumbles as his eyes glow and he snaps out of the paralysis.

Minor action: Essence Form
    Action point: Essence of the Arcane Blood @ Archer 1 (G7). If not, I'll attack the priest instead, but with a -1 attack penalty.
    Standard action: Winds of Change, close burst 5 affecting enemies only.

Spoiler
    Show

Essence Form: I become insubstantial until the end of my next turn. During that time, I hit with an arcane power, I get 13 temporary hit points.

Essence of the Arcane Blood: (I included the +4 bonus due to Essential Action path feature)
    Ranged 20, (1d20+24)[43] vs Reflex.
    Hit: (3d8+25)[43]+(1d6)[5] thunder and psychic damage (48 total), and until the end of my next turn I get combat advantage vs all the targets of my arcane attacks.

Winds of Change: (I included the +4 bonus due to Essential Action path feature. If I already hit with the previous attack, I add a +3 bonus to each of these attack rolls)
    @ Ghost: (1d20+22)[30] vs Fortitude
    @ Wyvern 2: (1d20+22)[32] vs Fortitude
    @ Archer 2: (1d20+22)[40] vs Fortitude
    @ Wyvern 3: (1d20+22)[26] vs Fortitude
    @ Priest: (1d20+22)[27] vs Fortitude
    Hit: (3d6+20)[33]+2 = 35 untyped damage and push each target 3 squares.
    Miss: Half damage and push each target 1 square.
    Effect: Until the end of my next turn, I gain fly speed 7 and I can hover.

Saving throw: (1d20)[10] Yay!
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-27 at 06:03 PM.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

The She-Da-Zhong priest swirls its staff in the face of Hakhpur's magic, taking the attack and funneling all the arcane destructive force into its wyvern mount.

Immediate Interrupt: All the damage is transferred to the mount.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Focusing the divine energy of Adimas through his blade, Kihtsah swings at where he last saw the ghost, trying to knock it away, hopefully out of the magical darkness.

No action: Spends a Healing surge that Teshiq's power allows him to.
    Minor: Fury's Advance Ghost in E12 with Kopesh
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+13)[16] vs AC
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9] (Do not add the wisdom modifier to this attack)
    On hit: Push the target 5 squares, and I shift 5 squares into a square adjacent to it. This does beg the question of what happens if I can't shift 5 squares into a square adjacent. Do I not shift at all? Or shift into the closest square to it?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Leaping back across the hole, Medinah follows the bulkhead back to the stairs, which she takes to the upper deck hoping to get out of this cursed darkness.

Once she does that, if she's able to see any foes she levies curses upon them.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard+Move actions: Double-move to G-15.

Minor action: I don't know what the results of Hakhpur's push attack is, but if the wyvern and archer is still visible from there I'll place Warlock's Curse on them.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Still frozen in place, Amirah can do nothing but wait until the darkness and the paralysis wear off.

Free: Wild Shape to Beast Form

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah
    HP 84+10/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (1 used /12)
    AC 29 Fort 27 Reflex 24 Will 28

Pack Wolf
    HP 27/52 Bloodied 25 Healing Surge 12 (0 used /0)
    AC 29 Fort 27 Reflex 24 Will 28

Saving Throw Amirah: [roll]1d20[/roll]
    Saving Throw Pack Wolf: [roll]1d20[/roll]
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

25. - Top - End - #235

77/113 HP

Battered and dazed by the variety of attacks headed his way, Rahman shifts himself into a temporary defensive posture so he can reorient himself:

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spending a healing surge from Teshiq's power: HP = 105
    Taking ongoing damage (12 poison, 10 necrotic) HP = 83
    Standard action, second wind. HP = 111.
    +2 to all defenses until next turn.
    Poison save: (1d20)[7]
    Necrotic + immobilize: (1d20)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

Character Roster:

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

The ghost giggles and flies forward, passing through the floor and then back out again - as if passing through objects gives her some sort of power advantage. Pausing, in front of the gathered heroes, she laughs shrilly as she breathes in, and then exhales her inky black breath weapon once again! She then turns her attention through the hold, to Amirah, whose mind she assaults. Rahman emerges from the wave of darkness unscathed - the rest are not so lucky. The ghost also succeeds in muddling Amirah's mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    The ghost is in E12, at deck level, flying over the gap. Amirah takes 10 psychic damage and is slowed (save ends). Everyone else except Rahman takes 17 necrotic damage, ongoing 10 necrotic damage, and is immobilized (save ends both).

Meanwhile, as the child's globe of darkness vanishes, the she-da-zhong capitalize on their suddenly improved sightlines. The priest begins a short chant, calling upon the poison in Rahman's blood to boil up and assault his mind. The archer bearing his aegis also fires an arrow at the unfortunate kobold. The arrow is easily deflected aside by a deft parry, but the assault on his constitution fares more effectively. The still-mounted archer, cursed as he is by Medinah, decides instead to take his short at Hakhpur. The arrow just hits the gnoll, but Hakhpur's immune system easily rejects the poison.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rahman takes 21 psychic damage from the priest's attack, and is dazed (save ends). Hakhpur takes 16 weapon damage, but suffers no poison effects.

Finally, the flying beasts swoop in. One makes a darting bite attack against Medinah, as she cursed it. The other lands on deck and makes a stab with its tail at Hakhpur. The bite attack against Medinah is a laughable failure, as the warforged deftly magics away the beast, but the sting on Hakhpur digs deep, and he succumbs to the poison.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hakhpur takes 12 damage and ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends). The beastie ridden by the priest landed in E16-D17. The other one returned to I8-H9 after its failure of a flyby attack.

((OOC: Map updates to come tomorrow. Sorry all for the delays))

Map (Abovedecks):
    Spoiler
    Show

Map (Belowdecks):
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 84/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, Slowed (save ends)
    Hakhpur; 73/95 HP, 7/7 Surges, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), OG 10 Poison
    Kihtsah; 92/111 HP, 6/8 Surges, +2 all defenses, Heart of Fire (Aura 2), Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)
    Medinah; 71/105 HP, 13/13 Surges, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)
    Rahman; 90/113 HP, 16/18 Surges, +2 all defenses, ongoing 12 poison damage, dazed (save ends)
    Teshiq; 86/103 HP, 7/8 Surges, Slowed (save ends), Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)

Wolf: 36/51 HP, Ongoing 10 necrotic damage & Immobilized (save ends both)

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ghost [M12/E12]: Cursed (Medinah)
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #1 [G7]: Marked (Rahman)
    Reptilian Mount #2 [I8-H9] Cursed (Medinah)
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #2 [I8-H9] Cursed (Medinah)
    Reptilian Mount #3 [E16-D17] Bloodied
    She-Da-Zhong Priest [E16-D17]

Known Info:
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-03-31 at 09:41 AM.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #237

OldWizardGuy

Hakhpur

Still floating up there, the gnoll sorcerer takes the arrow from his body, and disappears to re-appear closer to the ghost. "Got you..."

But, the priest maneuvers his mount to pierce him with a poisonous sting. "He's fast! Dammit!"

Hakhpur reacts to the blow by sending a negative energy wave -coming from his armor- to the wyvern. However, the poison still weakens the gnoll.

"Darn... These guys..."

He concentrates for a brief moment on his stone to sense the ghost's weaknesses, and then immediately send her and the priest (and also the mount that poisoned him) a fast, large blast made of shock waves, that may, or may not, stun those unlucky enough to be on there place.

After that, Hakhpur lands safely on the deck, and materializes again. Luckily, his natural immune system prevented the poison from getting worse.

·Free action (after the poison misses me): Teleport to G13.
    ·Immediate reaction (after the wyvern hits me with its sting): Activate the Laughing Death Armor encounter power.
    ·Minor Action: Use Foe Stone on the ghost.
    ·Standard Action: Thunder Breath @ Ghost, Priest and his wyvern
    Spoiler
    Show

·Laughing Death Armor reaction: After the wyvern hits me, it receives (3d6)[14] necrotic damage, and has a -2 penalty to its Fortitude until the end of my next turn.

·Thunder Breath: Close blast 3 (combat advantage from Essence of the Arcane Blood included)
    @Ghost: (1d20+20)[21] vs Fortitude
    @Priest: (1d20+20)[33] vs Fortitude
    @Wyvern: (1d20+20)[21] vs Fortitude (wyvern has a -2 Fortitude penalty due to the Armor reaction)
    Hit:(2d6+22)[33]+3 (pack fighter racial)= 36 thunder damage and target is dazed until the end of my next turn. If I hit I still get 13 temporary hit points.

Saving throw vs Necro & immobilized: (1d20)[14]
    Saving throw vs poison: (1d20)[19]

EDIT: Yup, two natural 1s on the attacks, but both saves succeeded. Still, I can't complain.

Important note: After this round, Hakhpur is no longer insubstantial.

Hakhpur's status:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 76+13/95, Healing Surges spent 0/7

AC 26 (26) Fort 26 (26) Ref 21 (21) Will 29 (29)
    Effects: +2 dmg
    Condition: -
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-03-30 at 11:22 PM.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

Again finding herself held by the necrotic energy, Medinah extends her ward against the priest and wyvern mount before vanishing in a cloud of brimstone, reappearing next to the mounted archer, whose wyvern she repeatedly slices with her now-burning weapon.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor Action: Mark the Priest and Wyvern at D/E-16/17 with dual Aegis of Assault
    Move Action: Avernian Challenge, teleport to G-10 and mark the Archer Wyvern at H/I-8/9 until the end of my next turn (does not supercede main marks)

Action Point Action (Avernian Action, attack powers gain [fire] subtype and deal +11 fire damage until end of my turn): Curse Strike against Wyvern
    (1d20+17)[27] vs. Will
    Hit: (2d8+17)[22] + (2d6)[3] fire damage, and the targets takes -2 penalty to attack rolls and +2d6 damage from my weapon attacks until the end of my next turn

Standard Action: Eldritch Strike against Wyvern
    (1d20+21)[28] vs. AC
    Hit: (1d8+25)[32] + (4d6)[16] fire damage, and the target slides 1 square to the right.

Saving Throw: (1d20+2)[3]

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Though the darkness does not allow Kihtsah to move, he doesn't feel the need to complain as his target in directly in front him. "Adimas, guide my blade, and let me smite this restless spirit." He prays as he strikes at the ghost, binding it with divine magic to weaken it for his allies.

Minor: Oath on Ghost
    Standard: Menacing Presence on ghost in E2 with Kopesh
    Minor: Loyal Sanction on Rahman
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacks vs AC:
    (1d20+18)[26]
    (1d20+18)[32]
    Damage: (3d8+16)[28](9 base and wis mod + 2 for Rahman + 5 for Painful Oath)
    Miss: Half damage
    Effect: Until the end of the encounter, any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to me takes a -2 penalty to AC until the end of its next turn.

Loyal Saction: Until the end of my next turn, Rahman gains a power bonus to damage rolls against my oath target equal to my Wis Mod (5)
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2011-03-31 at 08:28 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240

Still sicked and dazed from the poison, as the globe of darkness disappears, Rahman can see the ghost floating directly in front of him, giving him a target within reach. "Begone!" he shouts, his scimitar flashing with radiant light toward the ghost.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Take 12 ongoing damage. HP = 78
    Attacking Ghost, E12:(1d20+20)[21] vs AC
    On hit: (1d8+19)[20] Radiant damage, and all other allies are invisible to the ghost.
    Save against poison:(1d20)[16]
    Save against Daze:(1d20)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster: