New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Hourglass of Zihaja D&D 4e] Heroes on a Sea of Swords IC

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah continues to struggle against the magics of the ghost lady as it shivers back to vaguely humanoid shape. Her arms are moving even before the shape finishes defining, and soon another animal joins the fray, this time an eagle that plummets towards the ghost, and then hovers above it looking for a second chance to attack.

Free: Wild Shape to human, shift one to L11
    Standard: Fire Hawk @ Banshee

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah
    HP 84+5/102 Bloodied 51 Healing Surge 25 (1 used /12)
    AC 30 Fort 27 Reflex 25 Will 28

Wolf Pack
    HP 23/51 Bloodied 25 Healing Surge 12 (0 used /0)
    AC 29 Fort 27 Reflex 24 Will 28

To Hit Banshee - (1d20+18)[37] vs REFLEX
    Damage - (1d8+10)[13]
    If hit, until eomnt if Banshee takes any action that can provoke opportunity attacks (moving, attacking ranged, etc), I'll get an extra attack against it:
    Secondary Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier fire damage.

Saving Throw Amirah Slowed - (1d20)[3]
    Saving Throw Wolf Pack - (1d20)[6]
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq couldn't move from the dark energy on him but a blast of light issues forth from his holy symbol already in his hand at the ghost proving a chance to remove the ill effect from Hakpur.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Sacred Flame Atk v Ref: (1d20+15)[20] Hit: (1d6+8)[11] Radiant Damage: Hakpur gets an additional saving throw. (1d20)[12]

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep - Enemy Phase

Though Rahman and Teshiq's attacks miss, the rest of the Hunters manage to get at least one hit in their sudden unveiling of their powers. Hakhpur's deadly thunder breath is evaded by both the ghost and the priest's mount, but as the priest is hit by the magic, he channels divine magic of his own to reroute the damage into his mount, killing it. It collapses onto the body of its deceased counterpart and rolls to the side, leaving the deadly cleric on a small mound of scaly corpses.

The ghost, more than a little perturbed by Amirah's falcon, slips carefully back away from the hole, but not before Kihtsah's defiant divine magic curses her defense against weapon attacks. She then giggles as she bats the bird away, killing it, before she unleashes a gout of inky darkness from her mouth once again, targeting Teshiq, Rahman, Kihtsah and Hakhpur. The breath proves successful on all of her intended targets - she laughs with delight.

Spoiler
    Show
    The ghost shifts to D11 and unleashes her breath weapon once again. She hits all four of you; Kihtsah, Rahman and Teshiq all take 19 necrotic damage, Hakhpur takes 9 necrotic damage (after resist) and all of you take OG 10 necrotic & are immobilized (save ends).

Killing the bird was just fluff - she wasn't going to be provoking any AoOs with her attacks, so I had her kill it off-handedly for flavour purposes.

Once the ghost child has finished with her wave of darkness, the she-da-zhong archers both strike. The one that is still mounted has its mount back off from Medinah's deadly blade and strike her with its stinger while he shoots her nearly point blank with an arrow. The other fires at Rahman, obeying the Aegis upon him. The stinger strikes true and works its deadly poison into the warforged's system, but both arrows go wide of their marks, as usual.

Spoiler
    Show
    The last living beastie shifts 1 square south. Both arrows miss, but from the stinger, Medinah takes 14 damage and ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends). Remember that those within 2 squares of the living beast take a -2 penalty to all defenses and saves while taking OG poison.

Finally, the priest makes his move. He moves away from Medinah and her deadly sword, closer to where Hakhpur is (or was, if he used The Falaqui to escape after the ghost's breath weapon) and begins to weave his deadliest spell once again, launching it at Medinah. The flying beast's poison assaults her mind, leaving her dazed and confused.

Spoiler
    Show
    Medinah takes 23 psychic damage and is dazed (save ends). If Hakhpur is still in his old spot, he gets an attack of opportunity.

Map (Abovedecks):
    Spoiler
    Show

Map (Belowdecks):
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 84/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, 5 THP, Slowed (save ends)
    Hakhpur; 73/95 HP, 7/7 Surges, 4 THP, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)
    Kihtsah; 73/111 HP, 6/8 Surges, Heart of Fire (Aura 2), Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)
    Medinah; 24/105 HP, 13/13 Surges, OG10 poison, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), Bloodied
    Rahman; 59/113 HP, 16/18 Surges, dazed (save ends), Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)
    Teshiq; 57/103 HP, 7/8 Surges, Slowed (save ends), Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)

Wolf: 32/51 HP, Ongoing 10 necrotic damage & Immobilized (save ends both)

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ghost [M12/E12]: Cursed (Medinah), -2 AC
    Reptilian Mount #1 [F10-E11]: Dead
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #1 [G7]: Marked (Rahman)
    Reptilian Mount #2 [I8-H9] Cursed (Medinah)
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #2 [I8-H9] Cursed (Medinah), Marked (Medinah)
    Reptilian Mount #3 [E16-D17] Dead
    She-Da-Zhong Priest [E16-D17] Marked (Medinah)

Known Info:
    The lowest defense of the Reptilian Mounts is Will
    The S-D-Z Archers gain Concealment vs. attacks originating 3+ sq. away
    The She-Da-Zhong Priest has an Aura 10 of +2 all defense
    Winged Beasts give their riders +2 to all defenses
    Winged Beasts gain +2 to all defenses while bloodied
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-04-03 at 04:07 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

The bird drops from the sky as the ghostly figure attacks it, and then explodes into flames. A small ember springs upwards, quickly growing and turning back into the original bird. Amirah signals and directs it to the only enemy she can see, the scaly priest.

Without even waiting for the bird to attack, Amirah jumps into the air and flies upwards, clawing against the magics that restrain her movement and barely making it to the upper deck.

The wolf finally manages to break free of the insidious magic that had kept it paralysed, and rushes towards the stairs to join the fray.

Standard: Fire Hawk @ Priest G12
    Free: Wild Shape into Black Harbinger, shift diagonal-up to M12, 1 square up
    Move: 2 squares diagonal-up to F13. I believe I can make it without OAs, but I'll take one from the priest if I must.
    OR: shift to F13, if the height of the deck is only one square high

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah
    AC 30 Fort 27 Reflex 25 Will 28 Speed 6

Pack Wolf
    HP 19/51 Bloodied 25 Healing Surge 12 (0 used /0)
    AC 29 Fort 27 Reflex 24 Will 28 Speed 7

To Hit G12 - (1d20+18)[32] vs REFLEX
    Damage - (1d8+10)[15] Fire
    Effect: if hit, until eomnt if Priest takes any action that can provoke opportunity attacks (moving, attacking ranged, etc), I'll get an extra attack against it:
    Secondary Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier fire damage.

Saving Throw Amirah - (1d20)[13]
    Saving Throw Pack Wolf - (1d20)[14]
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2011-04-03 at 05:02 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rahman Shamis, Kobold Swordmage

Still staggering under the assault of the ghosts powers, Rahman wills his aegis out, marking the ghost and the priest with them, as he tries to clear his mind and get back into the fight proper.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rahman takes 10 necrotic damage. HP = 49.
    Rahman is now bloodied. Rahman loses one healing surge to Energy Conservation.
    Minor action, marking the priest and the ghost with Double Aegis

As I understand, Rahman is out of any saving throw penalty auras currently. Subtract 2 from the results if that is incorrect.
    Saving vs. Necrotic and Immobilize: (1d20+2)[3]
    Saving vs. Dazed: (1d20)[5]
    Last edited by ninja_penguin; 2011-04-03 at 04:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep - Mid-Player Phase Update

Amirah's falcon strikes true, drawing still more blood from the priest. As she ascends to the deck in her raven form, however, the priest's staff swings down to intercept. At the last moment, the end of the staff comes alive and tries to bite Amirah. Rahman's Aegis causes the attack to just barely go wide, however.

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 84/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, 5 THP
    Hakhpur; 73/95 HP, 7/7 Surges, 4 THP, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)
    Kihtsah; 73/111 HP, 6/8 Surges, Heart of Fire (Aura 2), Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)
    Medinah; 24/105 HP, 13/13 Surges, OG 10 poison, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), Bloodied
    Rahman; 49/113 HP, 15/18 Surges, dazed (save ends), Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), Bloodied
    Teshiq; 57/103 HP, 7/8 Surges, Slowed (save ends), Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both)

Wolf: 19/51 HP

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ghost [M12/E12]: Cursed (Medinah), Marked (Rahman), -2 AC
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #1 [G7]:
    She-Da-Zhong Priest [E16-D17] Marked (Rahman), Bloodied, Fire Hawk'd UENT

Known Info:
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-04-03 at 05:05 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Kihtsah Darimil, Dervish of Adimas

Not content to let the ghost get away that easily, Kihtsah grabs the Amulet at his neck, releasing it's power to blast away the shadows holding him back. Then, leaping across the gap, he slashes at the ghost once more.

Minor: Periapt of Cascading Health encounter power
    Move: Jump across to E11
    Standard: Weaving Blades on the Ghost with my Kopesh
    Spoiler
    Show

10 ongoing damage
    Minor: I "end one condition a save can end". Since I don't think both the damage and the immobilize count as one condition just from the "save ends both" clause, I'll just end the Immobilize.
    Move: I make a standing jump that clears the gap even on a 1, end my movement in E11
    Standard: Weaving blades
    Attacks vs Reflex:
    (1d20+18)[25]
    (1d20+18)[29]
    Damage:(2d8+14)[22]
    On hit, until the end of my next turn, any enemy other than the target that enters a square adjacent to me or starts it's turn there is affected by my weaving blades:
    Free Action: Deal 5 damage and push it 1 square.

Ghost and archer take 10 damage from aura.

Saving throw vs damage (1d20-2)[11]
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep - Mid-Player Phase Update

As Kihtsah makes his majestic leap, the ghost takes a swipe with her deadly touch. The attack lands, but only harms Kihtsah a little bit.

Spoiler
    Show
    The jump provokes an AoO from the ghost, and since Rahman is dazed, he can't invoke his Aegis. Kihtsah takes 8 necrotic damage from the attack. This is exactly enough to bloody him, which extinguishes Heart of Fire, so the Priest and the Ghost do not take that 10 fire damage.

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kihtsah; 55/111 HP, 6/8 Surges, Bloodied
    Medinah; 24/105 HP, 13/13 Surges, OG 10 poison, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), Bloodied
    Rahman; 49/113 HP, 15/18 Surges, dazed (save ends), Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), Bloodied

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ghost [M12/E12]: Cursed (Medinah), Marked (Rahman), -2 AC

Known Info:
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #249

OldWizardGuy

Hakhpur

Before the priest cast his spell, Hakhpur wielded his staff and gave a strong, violent hit to the caster's head, letting him bloodied.

It took a little longer than expected for the gnoll sorcerer to realize he was somewhat reckless before. However, this time he controlled his temper and remained focused in the battle; even if targetting the flying she-da-zhong was tempting, he felt that the priest was a major threat. The ghost was annoying indeed, but it would be easier to destroy it when the rest of her allies (if so) are fallen.

The necrotic energy surrounding him doesn't affect Hakhpur majorly. Using this as an advantage, the sorcerer gave a sly smile to the priest as he extended his hand pointing at him. Echoing energy started to accumulate in his hand, giving a chance to the priest to strike.

"What's wrong?" he taunted. "You can't make your pet to eat my blasts? Well, if you don't do something, you might not survive this one..."

He grinned, waiting for the priest's incoming attack before launching his blast...

Standard: Storm Walk @ Priest
    Spoiler
    Show

Storm Walk: Ranged attack to the priest (I provoke an opportunity attack from him. If he misses, I'll use the Falaqui teleportation (6 squares) to appear at D7)
    Ranged (1d20+18)[22] vs Fortitude
    Hit: (1d8+22)[27] thunder damage (add +2 damage if I don't teleport, because that's what Pack Fighter does; adding +1 damage per every ally within 2 squares of me), and I become insubstantial until the end of my next turn. Since I'm immobilized, I can't shift.

Saving throw vs OG necrotic + immobilized: (1d20)[15] Yay!

Note: I think my hp should be 76+4 temp, not 73+4 temp. Did I miss something?
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-04-04 at 01:14 AM.
    ===================

My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: Lawful Good Human Sorcerer (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep
    The priest's biting staff is easily evaded by Hakhpur, but after teleporting and launching his retaliatory salvo, Hakhpur realizes that his own attack was also evaded.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hakhpur should actually be at 63 HP, I think; you forgot to take his ongoing 10 poison damage last turn. Maybe 66 if I made a math mistake, but definitely one of those two.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq trapped again gritted his teeth he couldn't make out anyone at the top of the stairs, the Cleric's calm facade broke into a snarl of frustration he willed his body to fight the effects trapping him he could sense the imperilment of the the other hunters, he needed to be up there!

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Round Action: Total Defense Action: Saving Throw Slowed: (1d20)[2] Saving Throw OG & Immobilized: (1d20)[1] Saving Grace: Grant a +5 Bonus to Rahman.

EDIT: MASSIVE FACEPALM ROLLS!!
    Last edited by A'den; 2011-04-04 at 01:22 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep - Enemy Phase, Part 1

The ghost unleashes her globe of darkness once again and then vanishes through the floor, reappearing on the sterncastle. As Kihtsah makes an opportunistic strike with his off-hand weapon, the Luck of Adimas smiles upon him and, although he is blinded, his sword still strikes true. His combat rhythm affords him some opportunity to move off of the troublesome beast carcasses, if he chooses. The ghost cackles as she retaliates with her mind-affecting bolt, hitting Kihtsah dead-on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kihtsah can shift 2 squares (1 from his power and 1 from his rhythm) and deals 15 damage on his opportunity attack. He also takes 19 psychic damage and is slowed (save ends) by the ghost's ranged attack. Also keep in mind that a Burst 2 centered on the ghost's former space is now filled with obscuring darkness. The ghost flew belowdecks and then back up to E14, taking no further AoOs. Its late, so I shall post the rest of my turn tomorrow afternoon - I'd also like a chance to let Reverent-One decide where he ends up shifting to, as it could affect the turns of the other monsters.

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kihtsah; 36/111 HP, 6/8 Surges, Bloodied
    Medinah; 56/105 HP, 11/13 Surges, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), +2 to all defenses
    Teshiq; 47/103 HP, 7/8 Surges, Slowed (save ends), Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), Bloodied, Total Defense

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ghost [M12/E12]: Cursed (Medinah), Marked (Rahman), Oath (Kihtsah), -2 AC

Known Info:
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep - Enemy Phase, Part 2

The archer bearing Rahman's Aegis, unable to see his quarry through the globe, fires upon Hakhpur instead, but the arrow goes wide. The archer bearing Medinah's Aegis fires on her. This arrow is successful - the poison seeps into her system. Since she's already poisoned, the beast that archer is riding picks a separate quarry; Amirah. The sting is successful, if a little ineffectual, but the poison manages to reach some members of the swarm. Capitalizing on Medinah's dazed state, the priest side steps away from Amirah and casts a spell on her - her hawk takes this chance to retaliate. The spell fails, but it still leaves Amirah dazed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Medinah takes 12 damage, ongoing 5 poison and is dazed (save ends both). Amirah takes 13 damage pre-reduction and ongoing 10 poison. Amirah is also dazed by the priest's spell UENT, but not until she has a chance to command her falcon to strike again (feel free to roll that).

Map: Abovedecks
    Spoiler
    Show

Map: Belowdecks
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 84/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, THP 5, dazed (UENT)
    Hakhpur; 75/95 HP, 7/7 Surges, OG 10 poison
    Kihtsah; 36/111 HP, 6/8 Surges, Bloodied, Slowed (save ends)
    Medinah; 44/105 HP, 11/13 Surges, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), +2 to all defenses, ongoing 5 poison and is dazed (save ends both), Bloodied
    Teshiq; 47/103 HP, 7/8 Surges, Slowed (save ends), Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), Bloodied, Total Defense

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She-Da-Zhong Priest [E16-D17] Marked (Rahman), Bloodied

Known Info:
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-04-05 at 10:18 PM.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

When the priest starts chanting, the hawk sees the opening and plumets into attack

Spoiler
    Show
    To Hit - (1d20+18)[36] vs Reflex
    [roll=Damage]1d8 + 10[/roll] fire damage.

15. - Top - End - #255

OldWizardGuy

Hakhpur (HP 65/95)

"Darn it!" Hakhpur barks. "Poisoned again! Ugh..."

Without thinking twice, the sorcerer activated the power of his boots to quickly move away from the wyvern's reach, next to one of the passengers.

Following that, he raises his staff and a dazzling white lightning falls from the sky affecting two she-da-zhongs and the wyvern. The ground surrounding them is now covered in burning ambers.

His aura will temporarily protect him from most attacks, except the poison in his veins.

·Minor action: Activate the power of my Anklers (boots) of the Fencing Master: I shift 2 squares to D5, gaining +1 item bonus to AC and Reflex defenses.
    ·Move action: Shift once again, to D4.
    ·Standard Action: Blazing Starfall, area burst 1 centered on F8.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hakhpur
    HP 65/95 Bloodied 47 Healing Surge 23 (0 used /7)
    AC 28 Fort 27 Reflex 23 Will 30 (base: AC 26 Fort 26 Reflex 21 Will 29)
    Effects: Dragonflame mantle (1d6 fire damage), Insubstantial, Spellfury (waiting results)
    Condition: OG poison 10 (save)

Blazing Starfall:
    @Wyvern: (1d20+18)[22] vs Reflex
    @Rider: (1d20+18)[35] vs Reflex
    @Archer: (1d20+18)[21] vs Reflex
    Hit: (1d4+20)[21]+(1d6)[1] lightning and radiant damage (22 total), and I become insubstantial until the next enemy hits me. I gain the Spellfury benefits too, etc, etc.
    Effect: The burst creates a zone bounded by burning ground that lasts until the end of my next turn. Whenever an enemy within the zone leaves it, that enemy takes 6 fire damage .

Saving throw vs poison: (1d20)[6] Doh!
    Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-04-05 at 11:31 PM.
    ===================

My posting will be considerably slower from now on and during some months. Sorry about the inconveniences!

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Amirah, Living Swarm

Amirah is unhurt, but shaken, by the priest's attack. Instinctively, she pulls away from the attack, her shape loosing cohesion and becoming just a mass of angrily buzzing insects. Then, fighting through the haze by giving in to anger, the mass suddenly rears up and throws itself at the priest, attempting to pummel and push him off the deck.

Meanwhile, the wolf races up the stairs and looks around for its new target.

Free: Wild shape into beast form, shift to G14 (+1 AC, +1 Reflex)
    Standard: Charge @ G11, move to G12, using Savage Rend
    Instinctive: Pack Wolf moves to G13, +6HP

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah

Pack Wolf
    HP 25/51 Bloodied 25 Healing Surge 12 (0 used /0)

To Hit G11 - (1d20+20)[37] vs Reflex
    Damage - (1d8+12)[19]
    If hit, slide priest to F11. He gets an unmodified saving throw to prevent getting dropped two floors to the bottom of the ship. If he passes it, he is instead prone.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq stands his ground, watching the battle play out while he battled the fell forces in his body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Total Defense Action:
    Save Immobilized / OG: (1d20)[7]
    Save Slowed: (1d20)[15]

18. - Top - End - #258

Still struggling under his various afflictions, Strange wirrings and clickings can be heard from inside of his arm and chest. Some of the veins stand out underneath his scales in an odd color, but overall he looks slightly better.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Take 10 ongoing damage. HP = 39
    Standard Action: Daily power, Self-repair. Rahman regains 56 Hit points. No healing surge usage. HP = 95.

Saving throw vs dazed: (1d20)[17]
    Immobilized + 10 ongoing: [roll1d20+2[/roll]
    Last edited by ninja_penguin; 2011-04-06 at 06:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

Character Roster:

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

The Warforged continues her self-repair efforts, intent to purge the numbing poison from her organic parts.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor Action: Warforged Resolve, healing 10 hit points and gaining 10 temporary hit points due to Bloodied, and attempting a saving throw against the OG poison + daze: (1d20)[1]

I assume if this succeeds then she'll gain the rest of her normal actions this turn? Edit: Nevermind!
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2011-04-06 at 11:11 AM.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Stepping out of the darkness, Kihtsah sees the beast in front of him and attacks, circling the lizard and surprising the other archer with a quick stab.

Move: Shift to D8
    standard: Dancing Strikes on riding beast, move to G6, secondary attack on archer in G7 on mount (forgot about slowed condition)
    Minor: infalliable courage
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dancing Strikes primary attack vs AC: (1d20+18)[33]
    Damage-(2d8+9)[17]
    On hit, the movement does not provoke an attack of opportunity
    Secondary attack vs AC: (1d20+18)[35]
    Damage-(1d6+9)[11]
    On hit, i gain a +2 bonus to AC and reflex against the secondary target's attacks uent.

infalliable courage grants me regen 5 until the end of the encounter when bloodied
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2011-04-06 at 12:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep - Enemy Phase

Once again, the Hunters savage their foes. Great burns are inflicted on the last mounted She-Da-Zhong by Hakhpur's spell, wounds which bleed painfully. Its beast is subsequently bloodied by Kihtsah's sweeping Khopesh. The priest, knocked into the hold by a shove from Amirah, barely retains consciousness. Only the ghost giggles and laughs throughout the return salvo.

The last remaining beast, terrified by the globe of darkness and the scent of its dead counterparts, and suffering greatly from its many wounds, takes flight, soaring away from its foes as fast as it can. It lashes out with its claws at Kihtsah, distracting the half-efreet kobold just long enough for the beast to escape his reach. The archer takes a shot at Hakhpur in parting, and then the beast soars away, out of the effective reach of the Hunters.

Spoiler
    Show
    The beast ends up like 18 squares north of the Fang of the Deep, so there's nothing you guys can really do to kill it now. Scylfing, I will rule that Medinah's Aegis is overextended and you recharge it, since both of your targets are now unmarked (Rahman overmarked the Priest, and the archer is gone). Kihtsah takes 20 damage from a critical claw attack. Hakhpur is hit by the arrow and takes 11 damage (5, because of insubstantial) and also takes OG 5 poison and is dazed (save ends both). Keep in mind that OG damage of the same damage keyword does not stack, but you still have to save vs. both.

Next, the ghost makes her move. She doesn't do much; apparently, the energy that fuels her more powerful abilities has yet to build up again. So she fires another of her mind bolts, at Kihtsah once again, though she passes through the floor and back up again, as this seems to somehow empower her. With a metal force to knock the kobold off his feet... the bolt misses by a hair's breadth, allowing Kihtsah to stay conscious. Her globe fades, and she cries out in frustration.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kihtsah is missed by her attack.

Meanwhile, from the hold, the she-da-zhong priest unsteadily brings himself to his feet. He doesn't have a great shot, but he tries to hit Amirah with a spell anyway. Unsurprisingly, his shot misses dramatically because of the cover provided by the intervening floors.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah is missed spectacularly by a mix of her superior cover from him and his Gods-awful roll.

Map: Abovedecks
    Spoiler
    Show

Map: Belowdecks
    Spoiler
    Show

Player Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah: 84/102 HP, 11/12 Surges, THP 5
    Hakhpur; 60/95 HP, 7/7 Surges, OG 10 poison, OG 5 Poison + Dazed (save ends both).
    Kihtsah; 16/111 HP, 6/8 Surges, Bloodied, Regen 5 (Active)
    Medinah; 39/105 HP, 11/13 Surges, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), OG 5 Poison + Dazed (save ends both), THP 10, Bloodied
    Rahman; 95/113 HP, 15/18 Surges
    Teshiq; 37/103 HP, 7/8 Surges, Immobilized + OG 10 Necro (save ends both), Bloodied, Total Defense

Wolf: 25/51 HP, Bloodied

Enemy Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She-Da-Zhong Archer #1 [G7]: Bloodied
    Reptilian Mount #2 [I8-H9] Cursed (Medinah), Bloodied
    She-Da-Zhong Priest [E16-D17] Marked (Rahman), Bloodied

Known Info:
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2011-04-06 at 07:08 PM.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #262

OldWizardGuy

Hakhpur (HP: 50/95)

"Sh***... These snake-guys are taking full advantage of poisons..." Hakhpur thinks. "I'm feeling dizzy... Should I force my Phase to change...? Or wait for it to change naturally..."

Then as the wyvern and its rider fled the scene (with some burns from the scorching ground of the spell Hakhpur cast recently), he realized they were too far away to be reached by a ranged spell. He shook his head in disapproval, fighting against the weariness the poison provoked.

"Bah," he grumbles, "I should probably capture this one so I can join the others in eradicating that annoying child..."

He pointed his staff towards the archer who shot the poisoned arrow and released a sonic blast aiming at the she-da-zhong, which allowed Hakhpur to accomodate his position, dazed or not.

Standard: Storm Walk @ Archer at G7
    Spoiler
    Show

Hakhpur
    HP 50/95 Bloodied 47 Healing Surge 23 (0 used /7)
    AC 28 Fort 27 Reflex 23 Will 30 (base: AC 26 Fort 26 Reflex 21 Will 29)
    Effects: Insubstantial, Spellfury (+1 att vs archer, +1 att blast/area), Echoes of Thunder (+2 dmg)
    Condition: OG poison 10 (save)

Storm Walk (ranged 10 attack):
    (1d20+19)[36] vs Fortitude
    Effect: Before the attack, I shift to E6, +1 AC and Reflex
    Hit: (1d8+20)[28] thunder damage (+1 for Pack Fighter, 29 total), I become insubstantial until the next attack that hits me, Spellfury benefits, etc, etc (waiting results).

Note: I want to leave him unconscious, not dead.

Saving throw vs OG 10 poison: (1d20)[9]
    Saving throw vs OG 5 poison + dazed: (1d20)[15]

Last edited by Belthasar; 2011-04-06 at 08:21 PM.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep - Fluff Post
    As Hakhpur's bolt of sound hits the she-da-zhong, it is struck full on in the face, causing its ear slits and eyes to bleed terribly from the pressure.

Spoiler
    Show
    That archer is now Bloodied!
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Medinah

The glow of the Warforged's eyes shifts from ruby to emerald and all around her strange, otherworldly seeming vines suddenly begin sprouting. Pointing her sword at the Ghost, Medinah shoots a poisonous gaze at her.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard: Vestige of Leraje at the Ghost. Using free action encounter power from Brawling Warrior to gain +1 to my attack roll.

Con vs. Reflex: (1d20+19)[23]
    Hit: (2d10+10)[21] + (2d6)[5] damage
    Effect: The target takes 5 OG Poision damage (save ends). You gain access to the Vestige of Leraje.

The vines are for fluff until my Pact Boon activates.

Save vs. OG 10 Necro + Immobilize: (1d20+2)[19]
    vs. OG 5 Poison + Daze: (1d20+2)[15]
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2011-04-06 at 08:35 PM. Reason: fixed a rather amusing typo
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

The Fang of the Deep - Fluff Post
    The ghost giggles as the attack misses but moans as it still manages to poison her incorporeal form. Teeheehee, the wooden lady turned pretty colours!

Spoiler
    Show
    Miss.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #266

"Warn the captain!" Rahman shouted over his shoulder in the direction of Amirah. "That rider has to report into somewhere!" Finally free of the magics that had been inhibiting him for the moment, Rahman turns and chases around the corner to where the ghost had phased through the wall, steam hissing and popping noises coming from his battlefist as he swung it at the specter.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action to D15 or E15.
    If:moving to E15 would provoke an AoO, I'll use the racial power to shift for a minor action into that spot.

Battlefist Smash:
    Attack - (1d20+20)[28]
    On hit: (3d8+9)[22]damage, the banshee grants combat advantage until end of my next turn, and I push it to E10.
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster:

27. - Top - End - #267

OldWizardGuy

Hakhpur

Even if Hakhpur was not dazed anymore, there was still some amount of poison running through his veins. However, that didn't stop him from giving some advice regarding the ghost's defenses.

"That child, guys," he shouts to his companions, "she's so fragile as she seems. Hit her with something that force her to use muscle over mind!"

Spoiler
    Show

Done! Now everyone knows that Fortitude is the ghost's weakest defense.
    ===================

Spoiler
    Show
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-17
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-17

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ninja_penguin View Post

"Warn the captain!" Rahman shouted over his shoulder in the direction of Amirah. "That rider has to report into somewhere!"
    Amirah, Living Swarm

"Busy!" comes Amirah's answer, as the swarm reverses directions and rushes up the stairs, charging at the ghost, trying to get her off the high ground.

Move: shift, to get the boot's bonus (+1 AC, +1 Reflex)
    Standard: charge @E14, move to F15, using Savage Rend
    Instinctive: if banshee is hit by Amirah's attack, wolf attacks. Otherwise, wolf moves to D15

Spoiler
    Show
    Amirah

Pack Wolf
    HP 31/51 Bloodied 25 Healing Surge 12 (0 used /0)

Amirah To Hit Banshee - (1d20+20)[38] vs Reflex
    Damage - (1d8+12)[15]
    If hit, slide to E13. Since that wouldn't be a fall for a flying creature, she wouldn't get a saving throw, AFAICT

Pack Wolf attack, if needed:
    Wolf To Hit Banshee - (1d20+21)[31] vs Reflex
    Damage - (1d6+10)[14]

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Teshiq still immobilized is able to use catch his second wind and momentarily boosts his defenses while he attempts to throw off the black gloom clinging to him.

Spoiler
    Show

Second Wind: Healing Surge +2 to all Defenses until start of my next turn.
    Saving Throw vs Immobilized OG: (1d20)[9]

Failed again the die roller hates me...
    Last edited by A'den; 2011-04-07 at 07:47 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Not letting his wounds slow him down while enemies are still around, Kihtsah leaps the gap once more, striking at the ghost as he lands on the deck.

Move: To D13
    Standard: Overwhelming strike on the ghost
    Spoiler
    Show
    Regen 5 hp
    Jump across gap even on a 1, accept AoO from the ghost
    Attacks vs Ac-
    (1d20+18)[19]
    (1d20+18)[34]
    Damage-
    (1d8+11)[13]

On hit, pull the ghost into my square, shift to D14
    Last edited by Reverent-One; 2011-04-07 at 09:46 PM.