New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]The Planeswalker (WIP, PEACH)

Suggestions:
    • A feat that can be taken multiple times, each time you gain another boon.*
    • Psionic Variant (Gain power points for each power you know, spend a spell slot to manifest a power w/o using points but must still spend them to augment (a.k.a. Vancian Psionics))*
    • Incarnum Variant (Expending spell slot to shape and further slots for extra essetia for the day)
    • Add Fundinetals to Minor Arcana or allow it as an option; and Mysteries and paths added under black (w/ a few under blue or red on case-by-case; maybe one or two in green)
    • Pact binding variant
    • Truenaming fix variant
    • Add Invocations to spell lists (Spend a spell slot to "cast" or invoke it, allowing you to use it at-will for the rest of the day)**
    • A way to combine Spell/Invocation and Power variants.**
    • Add Spells w/ the [Water], [Air], [Mind-Affecting], or that can target objects to blue.*
    • Add Artificer infusions to white and blue.
    * Please make top priority.
    ** Please make second-top Priority.
    Last edited by Reality Glitch; 2014-01-19 at 07:07 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Question: Skills of the X all say that they add the color's skills to your class skills. But...
    Quote Originally Posted by Color Skills
    All the class skills listed below are immediately added to the Planeswalker's class skill list.
    Otherwise, I really like it, except that, in order for a non-green/white, it costs you 2 of your 7 boons to pick up full BAB, meaning that if you want to have the highest rank boon from your color, you won't pick up full BAB until 16.

Personally, I would give Boons at the levels that Fighters get bonus feats. This kicks the total to 11, which means that you could get to Legend in 2 colors, or have serious mastery of a single color. Or even try doing a tri-color. As it stands, tri-color is nearly impossible and dual-color is pretty bad.

Give each color a spammable boon for if someone wants to be single colored.

Why do the Command boons not benefit the Planeswalker? I can understand it for blue (fundamentally better than the Medallion) and black (debuff), but the rest don't really make sense
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Post Re: [3.5]The Planeswalker (WIP, PEACH)

Doesn't anybody read the Planeswalker feat spoiler? The Extra Boon feat is in there.

Spoiler: Readable Planeswalker table
    Show
    Planeswalker Saves Spells Per Day
    Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
    1st +0 +0 +0 +2 Walk the Planes 1/day, Color Skills, Minor Arcana, Boon (Novice) 1 — — — — —
    2nd +1 +0 +0 +3 Mana Source 1/day 1 — — — — —
    3rd +2 +1 +1 +3 Planeswalker’s Jaunt (Move) 2 — — — — —
    4th +3 +1 +1 +4 Boon 2 1 — — — —
    5th +3 +1 +1 +4 Baleful Shift 3 1 — — — —
    6th +4 +2 +2 +5 Easy Walking 3 2 — — — —
    7th +5 +2 +2 +5 Boon (Journeyman) 3 2 0 — — —
    8th +6/+1 +2 +2 +6 Mana Source 2/day 3 3 1 — — —
    9th +6/+1 +3 +3 +6 Walk the Planes 2/day, Favored Plane (+2) 3 3 2 — — —
    10th +7/+2 +3 +3 +7 Boon (Expert) 3 3 2 0 — —
    11th +8/+3 +3 +3 +7 Planeswalker's Jaunt (Swift) 4 3 3 1 — —
    12th +9/+4 +4 +4 +8 Emergency Walk 1/day, 4 3 3 2 — —
    13th +9/+4 +4 +4 +8 Boon (Master), Walk the Planes 3/day 4 3 3 2 0 —
    14th +10/+5 +4 +4 +9 Swift Traveler 4 4 3 3 1 —
    15th +11/+6/+1 +5 +5 +9 Emergency Walk 2/day, Favored Plane +4 5 4 3 3 2 —
    16th +12/+7/+1 +5 +5 +10 Boon 5 4 3 3 2 0
    17th +12/+7/+1 +5 +5 +10 Planeswalker’s Jaunt (Immediate), Walk the Planes 4/day 5 4 4 3 3 1
    18th +13/+8/+3 +6 +6 +11 Emergency Walk 3/day 5 5 4 4 3 2
    19th +14/+9/+4 +6 +6 +11 Boon (Legend) 5 5 4 4 4 3
    20th +15/+10/+5 +6 +6 +12 Mastery of the Planes, Walk the Planes 5/day 5 5 4 4 4 4

Last edited by Southern Cross; 2014-09-12 at 08:20 PM.
    President and founder of the "Jonathan Harker Was The True Hero of Dracula" Fan club.
    To join, you may either add J.H.W.T.T.H.O.D to your sig or modify the sig above.
    (Avatar darkwizard.png by Teutonic Knight.)

Spoiler: What Pokemon are you?
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

I did read it, but that runs into the problem of eating up feats on a class that has no bonus feats.

You get 7 feats. +1 if you're human, +2 if flaws are allowed. Some builds (particularly gish builds) are already feat intensive. I feel that the class should be able to support more than just a basic build. Particularly one like this that gets a lot of fun toys.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it was built with gestalt in mind. If you think about it, in lore planeswalker's are never just planeswalkers, most are wizards, yes, but there are plenty with little to no magical talent before their spark ignited.

Also, spells with the [Fire], [Earth], and [lightning] tags go in red, I can't remember if those are there.
    Last edited by Reality Glitch; 2014-09-11 at 09:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96

RedWizardGuy

Here are some new Planeswalker feats, plus the Extra Boon feat:
    Spoiler: New Planeswalker feats
    Show

Extra Boon

Prerequisite: Planeswalker 3rd level
    Benefit: You may select an additional boon for which you meet the prerequisites.

Planeswalker Bonus Feats

Prerequisite: Only when taking the first Planeswalker level.
    Benefit: After taking this feat at the 1st level of Planeswalker, and after becoming a 5th level Planeswalker, the character gains a bonus feat, which may only be used for purchasing planeswalker feats.The Planeswalker gains another bonus planeswalker feat at 10th, 15th, & 20th level of the planeswalker class.

Additional Special Ability
    Prerequisite: Planeswalker levels, plus any required prerequisites for the ability
    Benefit: You gain a 1st level special ability possessed by another class. For every boon of the same color the Planeswalker takes, the character gains another special ability of higher level (to a maximum of 6th level)
    The special ability must fit the color- a Planeswalker requires a Red Boon in order to gain the warlock's eldritch blast (as well as the blast shape and essence invocations.)

Last edited by Southern Cross; 2014-09-14 at 01:02 AM.
    President and founder of the "Jonathan Harker Was The True Hero of Dracula" Fan club.
    To join, you may either add J.H.W.T.T.H.O.D to your sig or modify the sig above.

Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, is Planeswalker Bonus Feats a Feat? So you sacrifice your level 1 feat to get feats at 5, 10, 15, and 20?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

8. - Top - End - #98

RedWizardGuy

Yes, that's correct.
    Last edited by Southern Cross; 2014-09-14 at 01:03 AM.

Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
    Yes, that's correct.
    So, it's a completely dead feat until 5, neutral until 10, and free feats after that?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #100

RedWizardGuy

Exactly. Worse yet, you only get the bonus feats if you take planeswalker levels, so if you take levels in another class, your planeswalker loses one or more bonus feats. It's probably best taken by humans, who start off with two feats.
    Last edited by Southern Cross; 2014-09-14 at 05:41 PM.

Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

I feel that we are in disagreement about that being a good thing.

Also, as a GM just pointed out, Extra Boon can, as it stands, only be taken once, since it needs a clause about multiple takings.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #102

RedWizardGuy

This is true. Perhaps somebody should rewrite the Extra Boon feat. As written, a planeswalker can only take this feat once. Even if the character has access to two or more colors.

Show

13. - Top - End - #103

DwarfClericGuy

Glad to see this old thing is still getting some love . A few comments:

Extra Boons: The original design intent was a High Tier 3 class. Originally it was supposed to be Gestalt only, but I scrapped that and tried to make this a fully-fleshed out class on its own. The finished product is probably closer to Tier 2, but for game balance purposes two things strike me as extremely important:

• No 8ths and 9ths spell slots, not even in Epic. It's possible to get a few big spells as SLAs via Boons, but outright 9th level casting is out.
    • With boons, you get only a few, with only one extra possible via the "Extra Boon" feat (intentionally not selectable multiple times). You can have power (by maxing out one color) or versatility (by selecting boons from 3+ colors) but not both, which is the definition of a Tier 2 character. Five-color characters are rare in MtG, and not something that should be easily accessible here.

You guys raise a few interesting points though. I'll fix the table in the first post and clean up some wording re: skills and "Color" spells. I'm also open to suggestions on how to "Re-do" the Commands. I ran with the name "Command" as "A boost to all followers or a curse to all enemies", but it does sort of suck that they don't help the 'walker and don't even remotely emulate the in-game spells. I'm toying with the idea of each one providing a list of small, "charm-like" benefits that can be invoked X times/day, where X is the number of total boons of that color. Something like...

Incendiary Command: You can invoke one of the following effects once per round as a swift action. You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to the number of Red boons you possess (including this one):
    • The weapons of you and your allies within 30' are imbued with fire and deal +2d6 Fire damage until the start of your next turn.
    • The next [Fire], [Electricity], [Earth], or [Sonic] spell you cast this turn is affected by the Empower Spell metamagic feat, but with no incease in spell level or cast time.
    • You or an ally within 30' may take an additional Move action this round.

What do you think? Feel a little more game-changing? I imagine the "Medallion" boons would need a buff to compete, maybe just going to +2 CL or maybe giving a sort of "Arcane Thesis" bonus to spells of that color (danger, Will Robinson!)

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawk, I'd like to use your class in a homebrew playtest campaign, but the G.M. requires that the creator watches the game so that they get legitimate feedback.

15. - Top - End - #105

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Glitch View Post
    Hawk, I'd like to use your class in a homebrew playtest campaign, but the G.M. requires that the creator watches the game so that they get legitimate feedback.
    Hiya, Reality Glitch! Funny, you caught me at a time at which I'm considering making a fairly major revision to this class. I'll talk more about it in a little bit, but the basic thing is that Planeswalker's Jaunt is going away and a new slew of abilities are being added. That being said, I'd be honored to keep an eye on your attempt to make this class work in a live fire situation .

While you're here, and before I discuss the change, I wanted to talk about your suggestion list from a while back. My responses are in bold blue
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Glitch View Post
    Suggestions:
    • A feat that can be taken multiple times, each time you gain another boon. - I am unlikely to ever agree to this, as I consider boon selection an essential balance point of the class.*
    • Psionic Variant (Gain power points for each power you know, spend a spell slot to manifest a power w/o using points but must still spend them to augment (a.k.a. Vancian Psionics)) - I will consider this, but my familiarity with Psionics is pretty rusty. This would be a long term edit, after I have tweaked/cleaned up the class and added some more MtG-inspired feats*
    • Incarnum Variant (Expending spell slot to shape and further slots for extra essetia for the day)
    • Add Fundinetals to Minor Arcana or allow it as an option; and Mysteries and paths added under black (w/ a few under blue or red on case-by-case; maybe one or two in green)
    • Pact binding variant
    • Truenaming fix variant- I am afraid these are all unlikely to happen, as while I have read over Tome of Magic once I lack the familiarity with these classes to make it work. I would welcome some homebrew submissions from other posters, however, and if they check out in terms of respect for the Colors and limitations of the class will add them to the first few posts.
    • Add Invocations to spell lists (Spend a spell slot to "cast" or invoke it, allowing you to use it at-will for the rest of the day)**
    • A way to combine Spell/Invocation and Power variants.** - - I will strongly consider this, likely as my first stop after the "Big Revision" I'll be posting later today or tomorrow.
    • Add Spells w/ the [Water], [Air], [Mind-Affecting], or that can target objects to blue.* - I consider this an oversight, and will be adding [Water] and [Air] spells to blue as part of the big revision. Out of curiosity, however, what mind-affecting spells is blue missing that aren't covered by "All Enchantment and Illusion spells"?
    • Add Artificer infusions to white and blue. - - This is an intriguing idea, and one I will strongly consider. Probably after and/or during my "Warlock Invocation" pass at the spell lists.
    * Please make top priority.
    ** Please make second-top Priority.
    ========================
    As I said earlier, I plan on doing a major revision on my class in the next few days. I'll post the TL;DR version below, but here's my thought process:
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, so, yesterday I cleaned up the broken tables, fixed some editing, and added in some boons (including The-Mage-Kings "Tome of Battle" boons) that had been on the back burner for a long time. While doing that, however, something struck me that has been troubling me for some time:

Planeswalker's Jaunt

When I created the class, I wanted to give it a truly unique feature, since so much of it is cribbed from other base classes. Planeswalker's Jaunt felt right at the time. I was a big fan of the "Abrupt Jaunt" variant for Wizards and I liked the way it worked both defensively for spell casters and offensively for melee-based 'walkers to move and get their full attack on in a way that seemed less abusive than the Wizard version. It also seemed like a logical extension of what "I can teleport anywhere!" might mean as a class feature in a D&D game. And all that is still true! My problem with it is that it's actually directly contradictory to MtG Lore, as this post nicely explains.

Sigh.

While I'm willing to make some exceptions for the sake of gameplay (like the Planeswalker being able to give their party or even enemies a lift), this is something that has just been bugging me, and I'm going to replace it. I spent a long time thinking of what precisely I wanted, and realized I had the mechanic I was looking for in my own "Mana Savant" feat. Mana, alongside the Color Wheel, is really the fundamental glue that holds Magic: The Gathering together and it seems wrong that it's buried in an optional feat instead of being a major component of the class. So that's the big change: Planeswalker's Jaunt and "Favored Plane" are going away, and "Mana Source" is seeing a major revision, in favor of a new "Mana Pool" mechanic. From there, I'll likely be rewriting a few boons to play better with this mechanic (especially the ones that key off of the now nonexistent Planeswalker's Jaunt), with the largest change being the Commands.

I also wanted to make sure the "keep your Knowledge: The Planes skill maxed" part of the old Jaunt still held true. To do that, a sister class feature called "Planeswalker's Will" is being added. This ability functions a little bit like an Archivist's "Dark Knowledge" in that you make a knowledge check and then get a benefit (chosen from a list of options) based on your result. The major difference is that this ability is limited in times per day it can be used, and requires a move action to kick off instead of happening passively at the start of combat. This will also make updating boons like Ajani's Presence easy enough, since they'll just add a rider to Planeswalker's Will instead of Planeswalker's Jaunt.

TL;DR:
    - Planeswalker's Jaunt and Favored Plane are being cut.
    - a new "Mana Pool" class feature with similarity to the current Mana Adept feat is being added, with a "Planeswalker's Will" feature alongside it that will still give players a reason to max out their Knowledge: The Planes check.
    - Mana Source is being rewritten and renamed to play better with the new features although the essence of what it wanted to accomplish will remain.
    - Several boons will see rewrites, with the "named" ones (Ajani's Presence et al) and the "Commands" being the most prominent.
    - The Capstone will likely get a change (and a big buff) to be more "Capstone-y"
    - While I'm there, I am thinking I'll add a quick, optional "Pathfinder Skill Set" as an alternative to make it easier for players trying to adopt the class to that setting. A spell list rewrite for that setting that incorporates their classes will happen later.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, hey! I had forgotten about this, and the Boons I was writing for it.

Hawk, if you want, I can finish up with the rest of the levels. Aiming for enough IL to get a 7th or 8th level maneuver, IIRC...

Expert should add a Stance and some maneuvers, while Master needs to be... Suitable.

...Maybe I'll toss on a few other toys, too, that I can think of, after those are done...

EDIT: Though the renaming of the Boons I originally made will certainly interfere with the "extra toys" I mentioned, if it remains...
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2014-09-21 at 11:08 PM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

17. - Top - End - #107

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Oh, hey! I had forgotten about this, and the Boons I was writing for it.

Hawk, if you want, I can finish up with the rest of the levels. Aiming for enough IL to get a 7th or 8th level maneuver, IIRC...

Expert should add a Stance and some maneuvers, while Master needs to be... Suitable.

...Maybe I'll toss on a few other toys, too, that I can think of, after those are done...

EDIT: Though the renaming of the Boons I originally made will certainly interfere with the "extra toys" I mentioned, if it remains...
    I was in a Tarkir sort of mood when I added them (personally I dislike the old Ana, Ceta, etc. Names) but I am happy to change them back.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Then let me update/revise the first few, and throw up Expert.. Nothing really spectacular here, sadly.

(And changing them back to the old names would be preferred, since... See Journeyman, and the implications of such a thing. )

New Boons

Spoiler: Novice Boons
    Show

White-

Student of Warfare
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any maneuver that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Devoted Spirit, Stone Dragon, and White Raven. This maneuver is always readied, and can be used only once per encounter. To recover an expended maneuver, from this boon and any other boons you may gain, or from the Martial Study feat, you may take a full round action to concentrate. After doing so, you recover all expended maneuvers.

Blue-
    Ceta Disciple
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any maneuver that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Diamond Mind, Stone Dragon, and Setting Sun OR Shadow Hand (Chosen when you first take this boon). This maneuver is always readied, and can be used only once per encounter. To recover an expended maneuver, from this boon and any other boons you may gain, or from the Martial Study feat, you may take a full round action to concentrate. After doing so, you recover all expended maneuvers.

Black-
    Cabal Trainee
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any maneuver that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Devoted Spirit, Shadow Hand, and Stone Dragon. This maneuver is always readied, and can be used only once per encounter. To recover an expended maneuver, from this boon and any other boons you may gain, or from the Martial Study feat, you may take a full round action to concentrate. After doing so, you recover all expended maneuvers.

Red-
    Soldier of Fortune
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any maneuver that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Desert Wind, Iron Heart, and Stone Dragon. This maneuver is always readied, and can be used only once per encounter. To recover an expended maneuver, from this boon and any other boons you may gain, or from the Martial Study feat, you may take a full round action to concentrate. After doing so, you recover all expended maneuvers.

Green-
    Ana Disciple
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any maneuver that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, and Tiger Claw. This maneuver is always readied, and can be used only once per encounter. To recover an expended maneuver, from this boon and any other boons you may gain, or from the Martial Study feat, you may take a full round action to concentrate. After doing so, you recover all expended maneuvers.

Spoiler: Journeyman Boons
    Show
    White-
    Unmovable Sentry
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any two maneuvers that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Devoted Spirit, Stone Dragon, and White Raven. You gain a pool of readied maneuvers equal to the number of White Boons you have taken, and may ready any maneuver you know from White boons in these slots. To recover expended maneuvers, you may take a full round action to concentrate. After doing so, you recover all expended maneuvers.
    Special: You may take this boon multiple times. Every time after the first, instead of the standard effects, you learn another maneuver from one the allowed disciplines which you meet the prerequisites for.

Blue-
    Talas Trained Warrior
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any two maneuvers that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Diamond Mind, Stone Dragon, and Setting Sun OR Shadow Hand (Chosen when you first take this boon- if you have taken Ceta Disciple, you must choose the same school you chose for the purposes of that boon for this one). You gain a pool of readied maneuvers equal to the number of Blue Boons you have taken, and may ready any maneuver you know from Blue boons in these slots. To recover expended maneuvers, you may take a full round action to concentrate. After doing so, you recover all expended maneuvers.
    Special: You may take this boon multiple times. Every time after the first, instead of the standard effects, you learn another maneuver from one the allowed disciplines which you meet the prerequisites for.

Black-
    Dread Warrior
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any two maneuvers that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Devoted Spirit, Shadow Hand, and Stone Dragon. You gain a pool of readied maneuvers equal to the number of Black Boons you have taken, and may ready any maneuver you know from Black boons in these slots. To recover expended maneuvers, you may take a full round action to concentrate. After doing so, you recover all expended maneuvers.

Red-
    Nova Chaser
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any two maneuvers that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Desert Wind, Iron Heart, and Stone Dragon. You gain a pool of readied maneuvers equal to the number of Red Boons you have taken, and may ready any maneuver you know from Red boons in these slots. To recover expended maneuvers, you may take a full round action to concentrate. After doing so, you recover all expended maneuvers.

Green-
    Norwood Warrior
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any two maneuvers that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Iron Heart, Tiger Claw, and Stone Dragon. You gain a pool of readied maneuvers equal to the number of Green Boons you have taken, and may ready any maneuver you know from Green boons in these slots. To recover expended maneuvers, you may take a full round action to concentrate. After doing so, you recover all expended maneuvers.

Multicolor-

Boros Charm
    In order to take this boon, you must possess one Red boon and one White boon. This does not count as either for the purposes of other boons' benefits.
    As an immediate action, by expending any number of points from your Mana pool, you may grant one of the following benefits to each ally within 30 feet, including yourself, until the start of your next turn.
    -A bonus on all saving throws equal to the number of points spent.
    -DR /-, equal to three times the number of points spent.
    -A number of bonus attacks of opportunity equal to the points spent. If not used, these are wasted.

Spoiler: Expert Boons
    Show
    White-
    Aysen Crusader
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any two maneuvers that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Devoted Spirit, Stone Dragon, White Raven. As a swift action, you may spend one point from your Mana Pool to recover a number of maneuvers gained from White boons equal to your Wisdom modifier.

Blue-
    Kukemssa Skirmisher
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any two maneuvers that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Diamond Mind, Stone Dragon, and Setting Sun OR Shadow Hand (Chosen when you first take this boon- if you have taken Ceta Disciple or Talas Trained Warrior, you must choose the same school you chose for the purposes of that boon for this one). As a swift action, you may spend one point from your Mana Pool to recover a number of maneuvers gained from Blue boons equal to your Dexterity modifier.

Black-
    Agent of the Fates
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any two maneuvers that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Devoted Spirit, Shadow Hand, and Stone Dragon. As a swift action, you may spend one point from your Mana Pool to recover a number of maneuvers gained from Black boons equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Red-
    Fervent Cathar
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any two maneuvers that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Desert Wind, Iron Heart, and Stone Dragon. As a swift action, you may spend one point from your Mana Pool to recover a number of maneuvers gained from Red boons equal to your Charisma modifier.

Green-
    Trophy Hunter
    When you take this boon, increase your Initiator level by one. You learn any two maneuvers that you meet the prerequisites for from any of the following disciplines: Iron Heart, Tiger Claw, and Stone Dragon. As a swift action, you may spend one point from your Mana Pool to recover a number of maneuvers gained from Green boons equal to your Constitution modifier.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2014-09-22 at 05:49 PM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

19. - Top - End - #109

RedWizardGuy

Here are a few sample boons for psionic planeswalkers. In all cases the planeswalker level serves as the character's manifester level.

Spoiler: White Psionic Powers
    Show

Mind over Body (Novice Boon): You gain a single 1st-level psionic power from the psychometabolism discipline, (that doesn't transfer HP and/or cause ability damage) and enough power points to manifest that power once (in addition to the bonus points from a high attribute score). planeswalker level. Each time you gain a white boon, you gain another psychometabolic power of the highest level you can manifest (use the Spells Per Day Table from the Planeswalker table to determine the highest-level power you can manifest).

Spoiler: Blue Psionic Powers
    Show

Thought Transcends Time and Space (Novice Boon): You gain a single 1st-level psionic power from either the clairsentience, telepathy or teleportation discipline and enough power points to manifest that power once (in addition to the bonus points from a high attribute score). Each time you gain a blue boon, you gain another psionic power of the highest level you can manifest of the same discipline and add the power points required to manifest the power(s) to the planeswalker's total power point reserve (use the Spells Per Day Table from the Planeswalker table to determine the highest-level power you can manifest). Versatile Telepath (Novice Boon): Prerequisite: The above boon, and one or more telepathic powers You gain a single 1st-level psionic power from either the clairsentience, or teleportation discipline (chosen when this boon is taken) and enough power points to manifest that power once (in addition to the bonus points from a high attribute score). Each time you gain a blue boon, you gain one telepathy power and another psionic power of the highest level you can manifest of the same discipline and add the power points required to manifest the powers to the planeswalker's total power point reserve(use the Spells Per Day Table from the Planeswalker table to determine the highest-level power you can manifest).

Spoiler: Black Psionic Powers
    Show

Psychic Vampire (Novice Boon): You gain a single 1st-level psionic power from the psychometabolism discipline that either transfers HP and/or causes ability damage and enough power points to manifest that power once (in addition to the bonus points from a high attribute score). Each time you gain a black boon, you gain another psychometabolic power of the highest level you can manifest and add the power points required to manifest the power(s) to the planeswalker's total power point reserve(use the Spells Per Day Table from the Planeswalker table to determine the highest-level power you can manifest).

Spoiler: Red Psionic Powers
    Show

Psychokinesis (Novice Boon):You gain a single 1st-level psionic power from the psychokinesis discipline and enough power points to manifest that power once (in addition to the bonus points from a high attribute score). Each time you gain a red boon, you gain another psychokinetic power of the highest level you can manifest and add the power points required to manifest the power(s) to the planeswalker's total power point reserve (use the Spells Per Day Table from the Planeswalker table to determine the highest-level power you can manifest).
    Versatile Psychokinetic (Journeyman Boon): Prerequisite: Psychokinesis, and either Thought Transcends Time and Space (and one 1st-level teleportation power) or Psychic Shaper:
    One of the above psionic disciplines is derived from your psychokinesis. You gain a single 2nd-level psionic power from either the teleportation or metacreativity discipline (dependent on which of the above boons is a prerequisite for this boon) and enough power points to manifest that power once (in addition to the bonus points from a high attribute score). When you gain an Expert red boon, the chosen discipline gains a bonus 3rd-level power, a 4th-level power when you gain a Master red boon, a 5th-level power when you gain two Master red boons, and a 6th-level power when you get the red Legend boon, plus the power points required to manifest the additional powers (use the Spells Per Day Table from the Planeswalker table to determine the highest-level power you can manifest).

Spoiler: Green Psionic Powers
    Show
    Psychic Shaper (Novice Boon):
    You gain a single 1st-level psionic power from the metacreativity discipline and enough power points to manifest that power once (in addition to the bonus points from a high attribute score). Each time you gain a green boon, you gain another metacreativity power of the highest level you can manifest and add the power points required to manifest the power(s) to the planeswalker's total power point reserve (use the Spells Per Day Table from the Planeswalker table to determine the highest-level power you can manifest).
    Last edited by Southern Cross; 2014-09-26 at 08:26 PM.

Show