New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Default Cloud Vs Cload Commercials, and other Commercials that give a wrong impression

What Commercials seem to give the opposite message from what it intended to?

Anybody here that watches non youtube videos online knows of those annoying commercials that pop up whenever you want to watch a video. Well this recent one just made me think the exact opposite of what it wanted me to:

The Commercial is of a "New" and "Hip" know it all on the computer, Cloud.
    And of a Clumsy and "Non Computer" guy named Clod.

The point is to show how "Cool" some new windows item is but.... Doesn't anybody else find Clod very touching?

I meant that
    Clod is willing to get your computer (Uphill on a Bicycle) for you to show your stupid pictures
    While Cloud sits around for hours while he downloads your pictures of the computer?
    Clod organizes Movie nights
    While Cloud only likes to show videos of himself acting like a moron online.

Any other Commercials youv seen like that online?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Cloud Vs Cload Commercials, and other Commercials that give a wrong impression

The "I'm a PC and I'm a mac" commercials did that to me. In the ads that I saw the "mac" was an obnoxious jerk whereas the PC was just a guy try to mind his own business who kept getting harassed. All I got out of the commercial was that mac is a jerk and I shouldn't support him so I think it was a bit of a backfire.
    Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Prime32 for the awesome Noel Vermillion avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Default Re: Cloud Vs Cload Commercials, and other Commercials that give a wrong impression

Quote Originally Posted by thetsyman View Post
    The "I'm a PC and I'm a mac" commercials did that to me. In the ads that I saw the "mac" was an obnoxious jerk whereas the PC was just a guy try to mind his own business who kept getting harassed. All I got out of the commercial was that mac is a jerk and I shouldn't support him so I think it was a bit of a backfire.
    Pretty much exactly what I got from the commercials. Why would I want to buy the Mac when the "Mac" in the ad is an arrogant jerkass and the "PC" is just a regular hard-working fellow?
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2011-03-06 at 09:43 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

yea the PC guy looked more honest, more real, while the Mac seemed.....like a guy being a fake y'know? just one of those FAKE! guys, a guy you shouldn't trust cause he feels fakey.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2011-03-06 at 10:32 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's because only snake-people such as myself own a macintosh.

Also I think Claude seems like a pretty cool guy.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    yea the PC guy looked more honest, more real, while the Mac seemed.....like a guy being a snake y'know? just one of those SNAKE! guys, a guy you shouldn't trust cause he feels snakey.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! As a snake person I wish not to be associated with the mac guy at all. He was more a fake guy, like someone pretending to be hip and trendy and acting like a jerkass just to be "popular." Basically a twenty-something guy acting like he was still in highschool.

Most commercials that I can't stand end up making me not want to buy their product. Unfortunately(?) they tend to be for products I don't buy anyways - like that horrible diaper commercial. Or car commercials.

Actually, Charmin commercials are a good example of commercials that make me determined never to buy their product.
    Melusine-esque Avatar made by the awesome Akrim.elf!
    Genderbender Week Yuan-ti Avatar by Bisected8.

Xe/xyr are my favourite pronouns, so feel free to refer to me as such instead of she/her.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rayne_dragon View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! As a snake person I wish not to be associated with the mac guy at all. He was more a fake guy, like someone pretending to be hip and trendy and acting like a jerkass just to be "popular." Basically a twenty-something guy acting like he was still in highschool.

Most commercials that I can't stand end up making me not want to buy their product. Unfortunately(?) they tend to be for products I don't buy anyways - like that horrible diaper commercial. Or car commercials.

Actually, Charmin commercials are a good example of commercials that make me determined never to buy their product.
    oh sorry, no offense.

you have my pardons ma'am. that guys an insult to snakes.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

8. - Top - End - #8

There's those infamous web commercials for Evony too, of course.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Mostly Commercials with:

"Hey, im better than you"
    Has the same effect on buyers as people who actually say "im better than you": Hatred.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

If any one remembers them, the Zappo dot com comercials were kinda like this.

What is a way to make you not want to associate yourself with a company, at all, completly? Have horrifying puppets do the adds. These were running around the same time as the Bestbuy adds, which additionaly made me feel sorry for Bestbuy employees. They had to work 24/7 even on Christmas.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    If any one remembers them, the Zappo dot com comercials were kinda like this.

What is a way to make you not want to associate yourself with a company, at all, completly? Have horrifying puppets do the adds. These were running around the same time as the Bestbuy adds, which additionaly made me feel sorry for Bestbuy employees. They had to work 24/7 even on Christmas.
    The best buy commercials about them working on christmas made me think that the workers were more human than robot. Why? Cause more people than you think want to work on christmas to get that extra cash. Plus some of us have nothing better to do on christmas than eat chinese food. Of course my company gives me way to many days off for holidays... Thus is the cons of liking to work...

The commercials I had a problem with are like the new car commercial that for some unknown reasons the Aztecs summon through time and space to have it there with them.... THEY DON"T EVEN HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY TO RUN THE DAMN THING (gasoline).... But it does show why our oil prices are going up! The damn Aztecs are time and space summoning all our damn future oil!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

Ah, that one is actually a series of comercials. Starts with like, Neptune capturing the car from someone, then aliens, then the aztecs. I think it's much, much more expansive then that though.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Cloud Vs Cload Commercials, and other Commercials that give a wrong impression

I have one! I have one!

This To the Cloud commercial where a woman is looking at a picture of her family and complaining about how her family isn't sitting still and smiling on it and swaps out their faces on the picture with pictures of them smiling.

Then it ends with "Windows gives me the family that nature never could"

Is Windows trying to bring back the Stepford Wives? ._.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thetsyman View Post
    It's Justin Long. Really, unless it was Polly Shore I don't think they could have found a more despised individual in my opinion.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Wendy's seems to have an ongoing campaign to irritate me enough to not buy their products. This applies to basically every ad they've made in the last 5 years or so.
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

Education Connection. Not that I need or want to obtain a degree from an online school, but the music is so annoying.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Any commercial that uses the song "Kids in America" or "Melt with you" makes me want to not buy their product. Which is a shame because I like Totino's pizza rolls, but I hate that song.

The cloud commercials also annoy me.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Any commercial that uses the song "Kids in America" or "Melt with you" makes me want to not buy their product. Which is a shame because I like Totino's pizza rolls, but I hate that song.

The cloud commercials also annoy me.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.
    If you want a Pizza Roll, send me a Floppy disk so that I can upload a pizza roll, then you can upload the pizza roll as a . Then Print out the. And then Bake the Pizza roll. Just visit my truck.