New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Mummy: The Resurrection

The Corruption of the Serpent

Some wars never end, good versus evil, light versus darkness, truth versus lies. In ancient days this war was fought with supernatural powers as sorcerer kings empowered by Gods beat back the forces of darkness as demons and plague surged forth to plunge the world into darkness and death. The battles were fought, and the side of good won. But, being empowered by Gods does not mean one is immortal and they grew old and died. This was a fine balance, as another one was born. Till, no more were born, the time of legendary heroes ended. The Darkness knew better then to surge forth and win the day, it had learned discretion, and waited. It waited till it would not be noticed. It waited till the world was full of darkness and evil, and lies, it waited till now. The world is without defense, there are no sorcerer kings, there are no holy defenders, there is only corruption and darkness.

There is one hope, Ma'at the Afterlife has sent back some of the most successful sorcerer kings, hopefully they can fight back the darkness.

All we have is hope.....

The Immortals of Ma'at:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mummy: Long ago, you died, and your soul found it's way through the afterlife to Ma'at, the judge of the dead. You have been told that you were not done, only your body had completed it's part. Thousands of years passed and finally your goal has become clear, another person had died who had much the soul as you. You took his body for your own, making him immortal. Your goal is to destroy the vile servants of Apophis. To assist you in this goal, Ma'at has given you the one blessing it can. You will not be accepted to the lands of the dead until you succeed.

If you are killed or lynched, upon the next day phase you will be resurrected. You may continue play from that point.

Goal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Immortals of Ma'at win when all the servants of Apophis are destroyed.

The Servants of Apophis:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dark God has raised you up, you reborn in his power. Apophis grants you dark powers of corruption, you are a serpent for his will. When the world is all under Apophis' sway you will gain your dark reward. Ma'at will be removed, to leave all immortal and corrupt.

Each night phase, you may send in a name that has a 50% chance of converting them. You will not be told if it successful, they will however, but not who is that converted them.

Goal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Servants of Apophis win if they number at least half of the players.

I need at least 10 players, more would be awesome.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2011-03-09 at 03:09 AM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Recruitment: Mummy

Sure, I'll have a go.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Mummy: The Resserection, Recruitment

I'm in, since we didn't get to do the vampire one. What happens, exactly though, when a player is corrupted? Are they then mafia? And are their NKs?
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by 101jir View Post
    I'm in, since we didn't get to do the vampire one. What happens, exactly though, when a player is corrupted? Are they then mafia? And are their NKs?
    The corruption takes over the NKs, and yes they become part of the 'Mafia' team. You also will lose your old power and gain the corruption power.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

This looks fun, I'm in. Also, you have resurrection spelled wrong in the thread title.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mummy: The Resurrection, Recruitment

I'm in, should be interesting.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

In.

Quick question though. Do none of the Servants of Apophis know each other from the off? (no I'm not planning more L-space shenanigans just thought it'll look suspicious to ask after roles have gone out)

If no, do they just cast a vote by PM and majority wins?

If yes, how do the newly converted Servants of Apophis network? Or is the point that they don't?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Qwaz View Post
    In.

Quick question though. Do none of the Servants of Apophis know each other from the off? (no I'm not planning more L-space shenanigans just thought it'll look suspicious to ask after roles have gone out)

If no, do they just cast a vote by PM and majority wins?

If yes, how do the newly converted Servants of Apophis network? Or is the point that they don't?
    The Servants of Apophis do not know each other. This is meant to create uncertainty that will hopefully give enough time for the Immortals to win.

This is a bit of a balancing trick...hopefully it works.

Each Servant can convert an Immortal, however in a bit of awkward balance making rules converting...if two or more Servants vote for the same Immortal there will be 'corruption interference' and both will be blocked.

If anyone else has a question about my rules, please pipe up. I have them all worked out...but yeah...heh. It's hard to write them down without someone to bounce them off of.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, to sum it up: There is no night kill, only a few night convertions. There is a day lynch but only if we lynch a Mummy the victim stays dead. No seer, no fool, no baner, no alpha, no devil.

Is this correct?

And in!
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    The Servants of Apophis do not know each other. This is meant to create uncertainty that will hopefully give enough time for the Immortals to win.

This is a bit of a balancing trick...hopefully it works.

Each Servant can convert an Immortal, however in a bit of awkward balance making rules converting...if two or more Servants vote for the same Immortal there will be 'corruption interference' and both will be blocked.

If anyone else has a question about my rules, please pipe up. I have them all worked out...but yeah...heh. It's hard to write them down without someone to bounce them off of.
    So I would assume then that the snake people to start just have a regular vote, and the corrupted have this weird interfereance thing?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    So, to sum it up: There is no night kill, only a few night convertions. There is a day lynch but only if we lynch a Mummy the victim stays dead. No seer, no fool, no baner, no alpha, no devil.

Is this correct?

And in!
    Yeap, only if you lynch a 'wolf' they stay dead...and yet somehow I have a feeling this is sided in favor of the killable wolves.

So I would assume then that the snake people to start just have a regular vote, and the corrupted have this weird interference thing?
    There is only the lynch-vote, and the corruption. The lynch-vote does not have interference, but the corruption does.

12. - Top - End - #12

...and yet somehow I have a feeling this is sided in favor of the killable wolves.
    Well, it's a game where the wolves don't know each other, even when they recruit they are not sure. And the villagers don't know each other, either, so it's complete blind. Pointing in the daytime is completely random and recruiting in the night-time is random, too.

Since there is no logic in the villager point the only thing they can do in this game is hope for luck.

What about the Mummies get to know each other when they try to recruit a fellow mummy? They then form a sort of group with only one recruit attempt.

You could increase the success rate of the recruition with the size of the group.

Example:
    1 Mummy: 40%
    2 Mummies: 50%
    3 Mummies: 60%

And so on. Then, the longer the game lasts the mummies know each other and can point together and the villagers could find some voting patterns.
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2011-03-09 at 10:50 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm interested in seeing how this will work out... I'll join.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Well, it's a game where the wolves don't know each other, even when they recruit they are not sure. And the villagers don't know each other, either, so it's complete blind. Pointing in the daytime is completely random and recruiting in the night-time is random, too.

Since there is no logic in the villager point the only thing they can do in this game is hope for luck.

What about the Mummies get to know each other when they try to recruit a fellow mummy? They then form a sort of group with only one recruit attempt.

You could increase the success rate of the recruition with the size of the group.

Example:
    1 Mummy: 40%
    2 Mummies: 50%
    3 Mummies: 60%

And so on. Then, the longer the game lasts the mummies know each other and can point together and the villagers could find some voting patterns.
    Indeed, however random lynch votes can only HELP the villagers who don't die from lynching.

I tried to create enough delay in the corruption to allow enough time to get some super WW logic to happen. Also, if you claim Immortal, you WILL be lynched...after all why not? You lynch one and they come back, then their claim is confirmed, if they were a Team Evil member, then they end up dead.

I just hope I put enough delay in this game so Team Evil doesn't completely dominate.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

It all hangs on the starting number of evils. Their corruption is exponential as each oporate alone to propagate more. There's inbuilt delay as you say so village has a chance.

It seems this game will swing eventually in one direction or another quite strongly. With the exp. growth i'd imagine that should the village not score a few early lucky shots i'd expect the evils to walk it....Of course starting the evils too low means one or two lucky shots might wipe them out

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Team Evil will have about 1 agent per 10 Immortals.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

oh wow. Uphill struggle for them then

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds hard for both sides. I'm in.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

19. - Top - End - #19

Yeap, only if you lynch a 'wolf' they stay dead...and yet somehow I have a feeling this is sided in favor of the killable wolves.

There is only the lynch-vote, and the corruption. The lynch-vote does not have interference, but the corruption does.
    Could you explain again how the corruption vote goes again? If I understand it right, everyone votes for someone, and someone can be voted for twice, but more than that for any one person results in interfereance? Then I would assume that since everyone gets 1 or 2 votes, it is random as to who gets corrupted?

20. - Top - End - #20

Indeed, however random lynch votes can only HELP the villagers who don't die from lynching.

I tried to create enough delay in the corruption to allow enough time to get some super WW logic to happen. Also, if you claim Immortal, you WILL be lynched...after all why not? You lynch one and they come back, then their claim is confirmed, if they were a Team Evil member, then they end up dead.

I just hope I put enough delay in this game so Team Evil doesn't completely dominate.
    Confirmed claims -> The best recruits.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Could you explain again how the corruption vote goes again? If I understand it right, everyone votes for someone, and someone can be voted for twice, but more than that for any one person results in interfereance? Then I would assume that since everyone gets 1 or 2 votes, it is random as to who gets corrupted?
    Nununu, the corruption is the replacement for the night kill. Meaning that each servant of Apophis sends in their target. I will wait till I receive all corruption votes are in. I will then see if I got the same target on two votes and cancel those. Then I will flip a coin to see if the corruption was successful, heads it is, tails it is not. (I have a coin at my computer desk just for this.)

Basically, team Good has the power of never dying (Being Mummies) and Team Evil has the power of recruitment (being servants of a God of manipulation.)

Does that clear it up?

22. - Top - End - #22

Nununu, the corruption is the replacement for the night kill. Meaning that each servant of Apophis sends in their target. I will wait till I receive all corruption votes are in. I will then see if I got the same target on two votes and cancel those. Then I will flip a coin to see if the corruption was successful, heads it is, tails it is not. (I have a coin at my computer desk just for this.)

Basically, team Good has the power of never dying (Being Mummies) and Team Evil has the power of recruitment (being servants of a God of manipulation.)

Does that clear it up?
    What happens if every snake votes for a different person? 50% chance each then? Or do you randomly select? I got the rest of it now.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

What happens if every snake votes for a different person? 50% chance each then? Or do you randomly select? I got the rest of it now.
    If every snake votes for someone different, then I will check the coin for each of them.

24. - Top - End - #24

OldWizardGuy

I think I will join this game.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

In I am.
    In I say.
    IN!
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Personally I'm not sure about the corruption interference. It seems like that could suddenly result in a town victory if it happened at the wrong time (or more than once).

Nevermind, it would only be likely to come up when there are a bunch of corrupted running around, at which point town probably needs that advantage.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-03-09 at 07:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Personally I'm not sure about the corruption interference. It seems like that could suddenly result in a town victory if it happened at the wrong time (or more than once).

Nevermind, it would only be likely to come up when there are a bunch of corrupted running around, at which point town probably needs that advantage.
    Exactly, it's the last defense against the Corruption....when the game is just about over. When there are only 2 corruptions flying and 20 players...it's not likely there will be a miss.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah why not. In.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

29. - Top - End - #29

OldWizardGuy

What would happen if a wolf tried to recruit another wolf?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    What would happen if a wolf tried to recruit another wolf?
    Nothing would happen. It would be a wasted action.