New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Class Conversion and Creation: Advice Needed! (3.5e to Pathfinder)

alright, so, i need some assistance. i was going through my older stuff, and came across my dragon compendium 1. inside i was reminded of the battle dancer, which has a flavor and ability set i've always liked. I'd like to convert this over into pathfinder, but with a little twist. instead of just a regular class or archtype of monk or bard, id like this to be one of those insane Hybrid Classes (i.e. the Slayer or Blood-Rager).

Above is a link to the battle dancer. (for the sake of context)

So, here's my initial ideas on this hybrid class.

Alignment: Any Neutral

Hit Die: D8

Starting Wealth: 1d6 × 10 gp (average 35 gp.) In addition, each character begins play with an outfit worth 10 gp or less.

Class Skills

The battle dancer's class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha)

Skill Ranks per Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Base Attack Bonus: As Bard/Monk

Saving Throws: as monk (+2 fort ref will at first level)

Weapon and Armor Profeciencies: The battle dancer is not profecient with any kind of armor, and is profecient with all simple weapons, plus the Starknife, Short Sword, Long Sword, Rapier, Monk Weapons, and Spiked Chain.
    Spellcasting Progression: up to 6th level. (i'm split between keeping it as an arcane caster, or making them divine and using either the cleric/oracle spell list, or the inquisitor spell list)

As far as special abilities and such, i haven't come up with much, aside from giving them the monk ability to progress their AC and Unarmed Strike Damage, with a bonus to Ac based upon Wis modifier, and the choice of either a Combat, Style or Metamagic feat starting at 2nd level, and every 2nd level after.
    Last edited by Yvhv Weide; 2019-09-18 at 10:32 PM.