New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Nexus] SAINT - The Assassin's Guild

S.A.I.N.T.

Society of Assassins, Infiltrators, Ninja, and Terrorists

In the crime riddled town of Riverside, there is an old fashioned, out of date, public phone booth. They say those who enter the booth and punch in the correct numbers are suddenly whisked away down a fast moving elevator, before arriving with a ding at the secret base underneath. A base that sits in a massive underground cavern of no particular interest.

The base itself, seems to have been pulled from a secret agent movie. There's a briefing room, a head office, a big old screen for giant heads to talk out of, a gadget based workshop, and even a training room basically ripped straight out of the X-Men's Danger Room.

This is a place full of murderers, psychopaths, and terrorists, looking to please you.

List of Current Contracts (Player's name in parentheses)
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Michalson (Morty) - Kill. At AMEN.
    • Brendan (Bushranger) - Kill in an absurd fashion.
    • Ashna (Recaiden) - Kill in an absurd fashion.
    • Riv (Third Emperor) - Kill in an absurd fashion.
    • Jack Empty** (Murkus) - Kill in an absurd fashion. Ensure permanent death or removal from Nexus.
    • The Admiral (Reinholdt) - Find the location of his phylactery.
    • Gordon (ThePhantom) - Cut out his eye and mail it to Watchtower.
    • Moff (Moff Chumley) - Tie down and force him to listen to Mraz.
    • Kirk Locke (RPGsr4me) - Kill with a specific obsidian shortsword that will suck in his soul.
    • Cessie (Shadowcaller) - Kill.
    • Din (ielf) - Kill or Remove from Michalson's life. In HALO. Complete???

Membership & Contract Guidelines
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. To become a member, one must prove their competence or worth in a test of value. They may do this in any fashion they like. It is open-ended. A membership form must also be filled out and given to Anya or another vouching member.
    2. Under no circumstances may members attack other members within the confines of the guild. Doing so may be considered as grounds for dismissal. What you do outside of the guild, however, is your own business, but is probably going to be looked down upon.
    3. Likewise, purposefully interfering with another member's work on a contract will also be punished.
    4. Loiterers and mooches will not be tolerated. SAINT doesn't expect you to go out on every contract, but we do expect some attempt at contributing, even if it's just brewing new poisons, creating gadgets, or training with others. This rule is laxed during dry spells with no or little contracts.
    5. Contracts will not be accepted against members of SAINT.
    6. You may not become a member of SAINT to avoid an already existing contract.
    7. Contracts usually are for assassinations of a particular target, but may also include infiltration, spywork, terrorist attacks, and other similar black-ops. Contracts are not for house sitting or walking your dog.
    8. SAINT does not accept money as an acceptable exchange for the taking of contracts. For lower end jobs, favors are considered the least payment. Usually the person wishing to contract with SAINT must offer something of value. Be it an item of power that they possess, or some of their memories, or emotions, or even giving up part of their own power.
    9. Payment must be in full and up front.
    10. Once a contract is accepted, it will be considered in force until one of two things occur. Either the contract is completed, such as via the target's death, or until the person who made the contract voids it. Otherwise, so long as the person lives, attempts will be made on that person's life.
    11. No refunds will ever be given barring something occurring that makes the contract absolutely impossible to complete. The completion of the contract by someone other than SAINT is not grounds for a refund.
    12. No duration or time limit will be enforced on contracts.
    13. Not all contracts will be accepted. If a mission seems too dangerous or the person hiring cannot provide enough information, SAINT reserves the right to turn you away. We will not take down entire organizations for you.
    14. Members will be rewarded for completing contracts based on their desires. Those members who supported them, perhaps through providing information, or letting them borrow something, will likewise be rewarded. Teamwork is encouraged.
    15. Revealing the source of a contract to anyone who is not a member of SAINT is strictly prohibited.
    16. You have one hour upon entering SAINT with which you will not be attacked by SAINT members for the purposes of contract completion. This rule may be waived in the case of obvious abuse (leaving after an hour and returning immediately).
    17. Former members may be allowed to rejoin on a case-by-case basis, with the permission of the headmaster, and only if they complete a contract as part of their competency test to do so.

Membership Form
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Species:
    Specialization:
    Power Level:
    Power Source:
    Other Important Information:

OOC Notes & Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. No destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever), unless it's part of an epic plot, and you've run it through me. You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players.
    2. No godmoding/godmodding. The occasional mishap's OK, repeated offense isn't.
    3. Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
    4. If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.
    5. Romance/Fanservice is acceptable here, but remember to curtain once it goes past the snuggling stage.
    6. SAINT is something of a secret to everyone. In other words, while the general public remains largely unaware of it, almost anyone with shady connections or informants, questionable morals, or allies with questionable morals, knows about the place. Where it is, how to get there, and what it does. Don't let anything bar you from coming here. It's not hard to overhear one or two NPCs whispering too loudly about this place while in a tavern. PCs should have no trouble getting here.
    7. That said, the elevator and phone booth that brings you to the base resizes for those of... extraordinary girth and size.

The Building
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Main Room - That big thing in the middle that everyone flocks to and ignores the entire rest of the base.
    • Bedrooms - We got em. You can use them.
    • Briefing Room - Fancy Chairs. Fancy Table. Big old fancy projection screen. Even fancier hologram display imagery.
    • Anya's Office - She has her own office. For paperwork and stuff.
    • Kitchen - Food is here.
    • Alchemist's closet - Poisons are kept here. Try not to confuse the iocane powder for sugar. Walk in closet with a small lab table and equipment for brewing poisons at the end.
    • Privacy Rooms - For meetings with clients that want security with their conversations. Anti-scrying, magic, and pretty much everything else.
    • Training Room - Professor X would be ashamed if he knew what the Danger Room was really being used for.
    • Garage - There are a few tricked out cars for loan to members. Any damages caused will be paid for by that member. Yes, there are tunnels leading back to the surface for driving, but taking the spy-car elevator is much more fun.
    • Vault - For storage of payments, collateral, or other objects of interest. Access is restricted.
    • Security Room - Cause sometimes someone decides they don't like you.
    • Armory - That poison has to go on something.
    • Infirmary - Filled with anti-toxins, but otherwise pretty basic.

The Cavern itself is large and open, with several secret tunnels leading to Riverside for escape purposes. A few tunnels branch off too, but what lies beyond them is something of a mystery as the maze that they lead to makes survival difficult.

List of Assets
    Spoiler
    Show
    List of Members
    Spoiler
    Show

One Month Extension:

Former Members
    Spoiler
    Show
    Removed

PermaBanned
    • Alex
    • Scar

Henchmen
    Spoiler
    Show

Moneypenny
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Miss Moneypenny
    Sex: female
    Species: human
    Specialization: Girl Henchfriday
    Power Level: npc
    Power Source: npc
    Other Important Information: Moneypenny is an npc who can be played by anyone. Her loyalty to SAINT cannot be subverted, and she does not leave the base. She can approve applications and membership tests so long as she's not self-roleplayed by the player of the potential member. Attacking or killing Moneypenny in an attempt to prove membership capability results in automatic disqualification.

Personality: She somehow exudes a air of sexuality and stodginess at the same time. While she does engage in flirtatious banter, this will always remain low key and tasteful, and never lead to curtains. As a former naval officer, she has some combat training, which she can call upon if needed to defend herself.

Available Poison Recipes
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Dream Powder - Requires sage, honey, and the blood of a turkey.
    • Iocane - Requires processed cinnamon and small amounts of snake oil. The stuff from the Princess Bride.
    • Helix Venom - Requires ground quartz and silver prepared in certain tiny shapes.
    • Sleepers - Tranq dart poison.

Vault - Access highly restricted
    Spoiler
    Show

Accomplished Contract Files
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Winslow Warwick (Happyturtle) - Gather files from corporate and mess up office.
    • Wenomir (Morty) - Beat up
    • Lauretta (Happyturtle) - Kidnap and take to Din in HALO.
    • Vincent (Reinholdt) - Capture and bring to Black Dragon Inn back room.

Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-03-19 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] SAINT - The Assassin's Guild

In the dim light of the briefing room, Anya sat hunched in the chair at the front of the table in the briefing room, staring back at the silhouetted person that was displayed on the giant screen. Tapping her long bony fingers against the dark wood, she speaks in a grating screech that comprises her voice.

"Operations are prepared and ready to commence."
    "Good. Our backers will be most pleased."
    "Yes. Most convenient that."
    "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth Anya."
    "I'm all for forwarding our goals, but this unnerves me."
    "You always worry too much. This will benefit the organization as a whole. Our backers believe in our cause."
    "Hmm... if I could only hope as much. What of operation REG?"
    "You know that's classified."
    "Everything's classified. That's why I accepted this assignment. So I could stop playing with your cloak and daggers nonsense and actually get something done."
    "You know we can't afford to act publicly yet."
    "I know. I know. But these secrets kept from our own members? It'll be the death of us."
    "Is that what your crystal balls said?"
    "No. Woman's intuition."
    "Ah."
    "..."
    "Unless there's anything else, commence operation SAINT."
    "As you wish Comrade Y."
    "Good luck Operative Anya."

The screen flicks off and starts to roll into the ceiling as the dimmed lights come back to full strength. Anya stands slowly, and heads out into a darkened base. Going to the fuse box, she flips a few switches and pulls a big old lever with more strength than should be attributed to an old lady such as herself. The generators whir to life, providing power to the rest of the base, other than the briefing room. Lights flicker on.

SAINT is now operational.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-01-30 at 05:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

There is a rumbling from the elevator as it descends. It opens to reveal a figure clothed entirely in all-encompassing hooded robes, of an ambiguously dark colour.

The figure steps out and looks from left to right, slowly.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Ding! Welcome to SAINT! For all your holiness needs!
    The elevator states as it reaches the bottom, also kindly announcing the persons presence to pretty much the whole of the base as it travels through the intercom.

Shortly thereafter, Anya comes hobbling out of her office and into the Main Room.

"Hmm...? What's this? Greetings sirrah." She gives the slightest curtsy, nearly imperceptible with her hunched over nature.
    "To what do I owe the honor?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

5. - Top - End - #5

Goblin

The figure inclines it's head, but does not otherwise move.

Greetings to you. I come seeking admission to your organisation. May I inquire as to whom I'm speaking?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am the current head of SAINT, Anya Tzepesci. And you are?" Also the only one here! Guess the construction crew got paid and left.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #7

Goblin

If you will excuse me, I do not wish to reveal my true name at this juncture. One can never be fully certain of one's anonymity. I believe Alex will suffice for the time being. Greetings Anya Tzepesci

The figure extends a hand. The rope falls back to reveal a pristine bone white hand, elegantly shaped, with long black fingernails

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh geeze. Here starts the wave of Alexeseses again.
    Anya will gladly take his hand and shake if that is his intention.

"I suppose that is your prerogative. Do you need an explanation as to how things are done around here, or would you prefer a tape that explains it all for me and saves my throat? The tape self-destructs after being listened to mind you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #9

Goblin

Alex pauses for a moment

If it is no great hinderance, I would prefer to hear an explanation from yourself. Explosions are ... not particularly to my taste.

Alex's voice is very smooth, and lacks inflection or a discernable accent.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"Who said anything 'bout explosives? It's a time release vial of acid that does it in." Anya shakes her head. As if explosions were the only way to destruct things.

She then goes into a long winded speech, explaining the rules and base as can be read in the first post. I won't repeat it here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #11

Goblin

That is satisfactory. In what manner do you require me to demonstrate my worth? I have no particular preference

Alex still hasn't moved at all, other than the described motions

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"Did you not hear me? Are you deaf? Listen to your elders! The test is open ended! You must show competency through your own talents, not through an arbitrary demand I put before you." Anya stares at him with her piercing blue eyes.

"If you acquire assistance in formulating a situation, the training room is useful for just that."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-10-20 at 07:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #13

Goblin

There is a mo,entary flicker of red from the hood

I apologise for mishearing. Although I would be surprised if you were my elder. As for the test. I am a skilled combatant, but perhaps a demonstration of my potential for infiltration would be best

There is a rippling noise, Alex's robes flutter, and shift to a shape Anya may find familiar. Alex draws back the hood, and Anya is confronted by an exact double of heelf.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Curse that handsome Heelf! I can't blame you for being a double of him though.

"Hmm... speak."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #15

Goblin

((Herself rather. I'm using my phone internet, and editing is very difficult))

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Was kidding silly. I knew what you meant.

Anya waits for herself to speak.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #17

Goblin

Alexanya smiles

Like this, deary?

Alex's voice and body language mimics that which Anya has demonstrated so far very accurately

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, that suffices. And don't call me deary you old hag." Anya pulls out a membership form from her robes and offers it to herself.

"Fill this out if you would."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground

Riverside Earlier Today, In Some Seedy Bar

Holy ****! You stabbed him! You just stabbed my best friend! Why the **** did you do that?!

Oh dear. Just another failure to properly communicate in the life of a Mr. What Pumpkin. For once it wasn't his fault, that drunk buffoon quite literally ran right into his knife. Unfortunately, when you've got a pumpkin for a head, words just don't come as easily as they should.

He's putting down the knife! Get him!

And even when he tries to apologize, things just seem to continue going horribly wrong for What. About eight or nine drunk goons rush at him, throwing him headfirst into the men's room amidst his frantic attempts to explain himself and the fact that he's just not in a stabbing mood right now, and that they should all seek death elsewhere.

Johnny, you go call the hospital! Rest of youse, don't let that freak get up! Yeah, how you like that, pumpkin-head? I'll show you what happens you stab one of the Ninth Street Knaves!

The one thing you can always count on in these sort of bathrooms is the graffiti, and What notices quite a bit of it as he wordlessly counts down from ten. One of them is rather peculiar, however, in that it goes beyond just a simple phone number, and specifies exactly which phone to use "for a good time". What mentally files this away for later, and just as the goons are starting to consider giving up on him and going back to their drinks, he counts down to zero.

**** HE'S GOT ANOTHER KNIFE! ****!

The men's room is briefly alight with screams, and then silent.

SAINT's HQ, NOW

A man with an orange tie, bloodstain-free suit, and bright orange pumpkin head takes the elevator down to the secret underground cavern. He's carrying what appears to be the bloody, sliced-up remains of a human being in a clear plastic bag, but gods if I know why.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2010-10-20 at 08:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #20

Goblin

Alex reforms. The process is rather grotesque. When the flesh finishes melding, Alex's face has become pale and androgynously beautiful. Elegant bony ridges replace hair. It's eyes are colourless.

Alex then forms a penlike bone from it's right sleeve, and rights in it's own blood

Membership Form
    Name: Alex
    Sex: I forget.
    Species: Vampire
    Specialization: Murder. Infiltration. Among others.
    Power Level: High, I would imagine
    Power Source: Vitae
    Other Important Information: Probably

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Anya takes the form and glances at it. 950 years old and still named Alex. No wonder there were so many Alexes around. They're the oldest name ever it seems.

"Welcome to SAINT Alex. May your dagger find many gaps in the sternum."

"If you'll excuse me. Anya excuses herself. Alex is free to roam the base at will.

The old crone slips the membership form back into her robes and steps forward to greet What. "Greetings. To what do I owe the honor?"
    Hmm... bad choice of words.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-10-20 at 08:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #22

Goblin

I rarely find weapons neccesary, but the sentiment is appreciated.

Alex follows Anya to the entrance. A careful observer would notice that it makes no unneccesary movement at all.

23. - Top - End - #23

The pumpkin headed figures nods, and reaches into his suit very carefully, looking for the proper greeting blade. Gee, it sure is convenient that he doesn't have to introduce himself, that'd be so obscenely annoying. Seems like a pretty nice place, aside from being ridiculously ugly for a church.

Why is anyone keeping a church down here, anyways? And shouldn't What have better things to do than explore underground churches?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2010-10-20 at 09:05 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #24

A bald-headed woman was the third person who had found this particular place of seedy notice. She was dressed in plain clothes that looke a little grungy and carried with her a large duffle that seemed to be particularly heavy, judging from how the straps were straining. She had obtained an interesting tidbit of information from a rather unscrupulous source that was more in line to what she was used to. Having a part time job at some idiotic shop that only sold black clothes and played bad music was not her ideal form of survival but it was the only company that would hire someone who had a forked tongue in the area. Equal opportunity be damned.

She hadn't noticed a 'No Smoking' sign in the area so she quickly lit up a paper death stick and let the smoke curl upwards as she took a quick puff. If someone here didn't like the smell of niccotine, they would just have to deal for a second.

The woman did think the decor was a bit on the overly dramatic side. Being a pragmatist, she was perfectly entitled to such an opinion.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"Err..." Silent types. Why do assassins always have to be the silent types?

"I mean to say, why are you here? Do you wish to join SAINT, or are you here to illicit a contract with us?"

Oh that's going to get annoying before long.
    "Greetings. I will be with you in a second, or you may speak to Alex if you wish." Anya motions to the androgynous vampire beside her.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-10-20 at 09:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #26

Goblin

Alex has deadtimed though.

Zzzzz

Saves What from stabbing it and getting implaled.

27. - Top - End - #27

Apparently this one simply needed a prompt before speaking as it had seemed previously that Anya was otherwise occupied. "Is that thing gonna go off every time?" the woman asked, motioning to the ceiling with a thumb. "Yeah, I'm here to join up. Hear there's something of an assesment of abilities so I brought some relevent gear with me in case I needed it. Is there any need for a personal interview or paperwork that I can get out of the way?" the woman asked in a slightly slangy accent. When she referred to 'gear' she lightly shrugged the sholder her duffel bag was hanging on to indicate. Her green eyes definitely had a hardened look to them, thus indicating that she was either a harsh cynic or someone with an applicable background to such work.

Both was also a very probable answer as well.

28. - Top - End - #28

Oh jeez, that question is so complicated it's ridiculous. There's no way What has enough blood in that bag to spell out an answer, and it's going to take forever to clean this glove...but he might as well try, right? Besides, that mention of a contract suddenly makes the place sound a lot less churchy, and a lot more of the sort of interesting mystery you can't solve by knifing everyone you see.

Anyways, What reaches into his bag, and dips a finger in some dead guy's throat. He then puts down the bag and holds his other hand out towards the paperwork, trying to get it across that he needs something to write on.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2010-10-20 at 09:26 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Anya raises an eyebrow at What, but hands him a membership form.
    "If you wish to join, fill this out and then do something to show that you're competent at what you do. We have a training room with various realistic holograms and situations that can be set up if required." She eyes the bag. "Though in your case, I think that requirement has been fulfilled." It's a good thing she doesn't get sick easily.

She nods at the woman and hands her a form as well to get the paperwork out of the way. "The same for you. Initiation tapes will be provided to you both."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey! No! Bad narrator! That's Reinholdt's job!
    While the narrator is busy being berated, the elevator comes to a rumbling halt, opening out into the main base. Smoke, thin and gray and smelling vaguely like lemons blooms out of the elevator, billowing dramatically and fading to reveal... nothing.
    Oh wait, sorry, the narrator was mistaken. There's a rock in the elevator. My bad. The rock wishes to join SAINT.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-10-20 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.