New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

One question.

Should we start demanding a certain posting frequency of people?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

The problem with that is, what if they have nothing they can do?
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Absolutely not. The problem pointed out in the above post is the least of the issues with that idea.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-05-02 at 08:42 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #424
    Orc in the Playground

Just checking. I would actually be surprised if anyone said yes.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Pixie in the Playground

as much as i am a proponent of a posting time limit... i dont think it will work too well with all the varying schedules for people on here....if we were starting all over...we could recruit those who WANT a timelimit and then it would be ok..but as we are tryign to revamp what we are doing it seems unfair

having said that, i think if you are active in a RP, replying to posts involving you within 3 days i dont think is too much to ask...and if that is not able to be accommodated communication to parties involved within that timeframe seems the respectful thing to do..(whether to them directly or in the OOC)

if you are gonna be gone, or dont have time one week..we all get that...but just not replying for weeks at a time cant be seen as respectful IMO

I dunno...

while basic plots and stories may be just that...basic..they also allow for RP to go on...

spitballing ideas:

-perhaps an "Academy or training style" RP for new Soul society Gotei members...giving classes or short sidetrips to train young Shinigami... if you are a young Shinigami then you get to participate in training...if you are an officer then you get to lead these training missions... someone invovled chooses to be temporary GM of the event

-division RPs, in light of new membership and new people in new positions...the CC demands division wide training...commanding officers take their divisions out for training and do so in the way they each see fit...the ranking officer is the GM...and RPs with the people in their division..if they have none in their division..they RP with NPC's that they run themselves or if someone else wants to play one they can do so...this allows for each division to do what they are specialized to do

-festival fun...CC orders a festival to to be done each division to have a station....CC invites any other friends of the Gotei as well...

-mortal world Ski trip...class trip to a mountain for the weekend...a couple killable hollow disrupt the ski trip...

-draken''s reorganization of Las Noches...espada have to be aroudn each other way more..."court" feel

-etc. etc.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

One problem we have is an utter lack of any IC sense of urgency, I am afraid. Seireitei has... This one villain who had two players so far, both of which disconnected from the game (one permanently, one possibly temporarily), Las Noches has the stunted court intrigues I am going to adress shortly. Mortal world... It is the one that is moving the most.

We really need some real conflict. Something more widespread, more open. Perhaps Sereg's latest intrusion in the mortal world is the needed spark. Some serious dimensional conflict could come from an escalation of that one individual act by all different factions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    One problem we have is an utter lack of any IC sense of urgency, I am afraid. Seireitei has... This one villain who had two players so far, both of which disconnected from the game (one permanently, one possibly temporarily), Las Noches has the stunted court intrigues I am going to adress shortly. Mortal world... It is the one that is moving the most.

We really need some real conflict. Something more widespread, more open. Perhaps Sereg's latest intrusion in the mortal world is the needed spark. Some serious dimensional conflict could come from an escalation of that one individual act by all different factions.
    We have the makings of a mexican standoff, so to speak. Sereg doesn't have any reason to kill beyond "he wants to" and SWORD probably won't try to put him down so close to the city. Add to that Crossdale and we have the three high-power factions right there. If a student were to come into things as well...
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

8. - Top - End - #428
    Pixie in the Playground

i agree Draken...however when discussing new membership, a big conflict type of RP may make for it to be hard for them to join in without it disrupting whatever RP is going on. Tellign them to "just jump in", or "start something on your own" will only shy them away.

I am ALL FOR an antagonist or large plot to have some serious drama...though if we are trying to recruit, we also need to have character introducing and building RP available for new AND old players/characters.

We all want cool stuff to happen, i know i do, but i also want to just RP my characters and building their personalities and relationships with other characters and players.

i dont think it is an either/or argument, i am sure there is a happy middle to appease old and new players. I just think that the older players are probably gonna have to do some RP that isnt their first choice for RP, if we are hoping to bring in new blood to the game.

i like RP for that reason, i like RPing to help someone else's character, finding a way to move something forward in my own, but i like the push and pull of RP...as long as i get to let my character get to be important from time to time i am happy

Way i see it, if yo uwant to RP a big important person, then yo uare gonna have to be extra active and dilligent abuot RPing with all the people invovling you.

You wanna be a Captain?, then expect to need to be active and care enough to RP out training and caring for your your whole division (NPC or PC) making sure you do your job to move those players characters forward, then you also need to be a active as it needs to respond with RP to any conflict or situations associated with that division, then and only then should you try to do your own RP for your character.

If ya wanna be a leader then ya gotta be active enough to RP "leading", not just wielding cool swords and wearing fancy robes.

If ya only want to show up once a week around here and RP a few little things, maybe a simple low powered or low ranked person is best for your RP desires as a player. It isnt disrespectful to RP that way, it is just what YOU want. But if you want to be a leader of others, then expect to NEED to be active for all of THEIR RP...it doesnt have to be a job, but you cant leave stragglers or new members to their own devices...or you arent doing your RP job

I am sure that is an oversimplification, and may not work for every character type but i think it does hold some truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

9. - Top - End - #429
    Orc in the Playground

This is why I suggested the "zombie" miniplot approach. It doesn't depend on anyone specific, anyone can NPC the "zombies" (ultimately the Big Bad(s?) are there for exposition purposes), and it gets players moving.

This only directly addresses the Mortal World, however.

Suggestions for Soul Society (since Draken is already addressing court intrigue):

- Waves of wild Hollows. Same basic principle, different protagonists.

- Kujo's remnants. At no point was it ever specified that Kujo and his invading entourage were the only members of his party (and, indeed, it was suggested the dude infiltrated SS's ranks before). We'll need Frozen's permission to run this one, out of courtesy if nothing else.

- Central 46 access is mysteriously cut off from Soul Society, access-wise and communications-wise. Small-scale localized incidents start taking place near the locations being rebuilt. Paranoia spikes as rumors fly about of mind-controlled Shinigami kidnapping members of the rank and file and "converting" them for some nefarious and unknown purpose. Potentially, riots break out as the unseated blame the ongoing crisis on a lack of urgency on the part of their commanding officers (since they're more likely to be protected in the long run). The lack of discernible command as numerous divisions are left with only acting officials or get outright routinely commanded by third seats and below only further complicates matters.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

HirokatsuGoto: When did you want to do student picture story?

There is nothing for students to do right now, so maybe it is ok for this. But I don't know what you want to do for such a story too.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

11. - Top - End - #431

So, are any of the mortal world kids going to hop into the scene with Sereg? Show them that there's big bad mean people just outside their lives? I think it would instill an IC sense of urgency to become stronger.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    So, are any of the mortal world kids going to hop into the scene with Sereg? Show them that there's big bad mean people just outside their lives? I think it would instill an IC sense of urgency to become stronger.
    I don't know about the others, but Kaito knows when he's absurdly outmatched. He's running away from the stupid-powerful Hollow signature.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #433

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Shame that FF is on a hiatus, cause he was part of a plot with Sora.

Who wants to take Elder's place to go tell Sora to stop being a crazypants? I think that Silva does!
    ...yeah, sounds like something she'd do.

Sorry bout lack of posting recently. Lotta stuff going on between work and school and stuff. Gonna work on getting back in this more.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

All of Josiah's gear is in his reg entry, but I'll post the special weapons he has equipped right now anyways.

M-137: A handheld, if bulky, gatling gun. Can either be supplied with bullets, or a spirit dial. Typically attached to a shoulder harness.

M-3: A flamethrower that can have a spirit dial attached to supply energy. If an element dial is attached, depending on the element, it can create an alternative blast. Typically attached to an arm mount.

Brant SRL: A large gun with a long, glowing barrel, reminiscent of a rocket launcher. Fires rockets that absorb reiatsu to create an explosion. While it scales with stronger opponents, it caps at about the level of a mid-level kido without incantation. Typically attached to a shoulder harness.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

There is no reason to do it I think.

Already they know there are big bad mean people outside their lives. Also it seems to be SWORD team battle.

It is not possible to fight in the sky for Sayaka anyway.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, unless FF says otherwise, I was under the impression that Kujo was dead.

I am willing to use one of my characters to spark a Sereitei plot. I have a character who is literally a transdimensional assassin, for whom I have no particular emotional attachment and who exists for the purpose of causing plot to happen for anyone who desires it to happen.

Also, having the "Cold War" may be bad for the game, because as Draken has noticed we have a lack of urgency. The fight between Las Noches and Sereitei created natural urgency before because you never knew when one side would just show up and start wrecking things.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

17. - Top - End - #437

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    By the way, unless FF says otherwise, I was under the impression that Kujo was dead.

I am willing to use one of my characters to spark a Sereitei plot. I have a character who is literally a transdimensional assassin, for whom I have no particular emotional attachment and who exists for the purpose of causing plot to happen for anyone who desires it to happen.

Also, having the "Cold War" may be bad for the game, because as Draken has noticed we have a lack of urgency. The fight between Las Noches and Sereitei created natural urgency before because you never knew when one side would just show up and start wrecking things.
    Either team showing up without an escape in mind is tantamount to suicide. Even Genoveva would have been taken down eventually if she stayed. For now the playing field is the mortal world, where both sides have to have some forethought and a little finesse in order to keep the others from escalating the engagement, which would possibly lead to full on war in the mortal world. Which would obviously benefit the Hollows more, due to the mass amounts of mortal death in the area.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Guys, just tell me if either post of mine needs editing.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Orc in the Playground

Not Kujo, tgva, but rather his agents. Basically, use the batcrap insane cult aspect of it for his infiltrated agents to go "no, he cannot be dead! STOP LYINGBOOOOOOOOM".

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #440

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Guys, just tell me if either post of mine needs editing.
    Allan already sent in a call for backup, but if that isn't a problem, I have no objections.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. So, the Mortal World post isn't needed. At least the part near Sereg.

The Soul Society post still applies.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Orc in the Playground

I need to do something with Kazuma.

Anyone up for a semi-random Hollow attack somewhere besides Sereg's location?

Kazuma was actually supposed to show some badass moves back at the Maggot's Nest, but THAT flew out the window.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Orc in the Playground

Well I will try to get some posts up today. Feeling a mite more motivated.

As for proposed hollow attacks, perhaps as Val is going home?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, good question here: how widely known is Karite's Hollowfication?

This guy only knows because it's his specific job to keep track of Natsuko and Karite in case of a Strike Team call.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Pixie in the Playground

Kasanip,
    Well, i think it doesnt have to be a big deal type of RP. Just a a day at school where they take photos of all the classes and maybe individual shots.

My character Izanagi, still doesnt know much about what is going on spiritually. He has a magic camera now to take pictures of spiritual things. He still feels pretty alone though, only knowing Viatrix to be anything similar to him. He has felt alone his whole life, meeting some school kids that may be able to relate may be a fun RP.

He is a bit older than them, but maybe he can be "cute" to one oft he girls or "cool" by one of the guys, and they may be interested in him enough to talk through what THEY are going through as well as what my character is going through.

I figure he could show up at the school to take the photo's. the classes or individuals could show up in the auditorium or some place where my character is set up to take the photos. Then in some way they and he will realize the other/s have spiritual powers or something. Maybe a bunch of narcissistic souls who died recently show up wanting their pictures taken. both Izanagi and the kids would see...and lead to discussion and maybe friendship.

The fact that Izanagi woudl undoubtedly take the photo's of these kids back to show Viatrix as he agreed with her, woudl be a side plot maybe in case somethign was unique to any of the kids. Izanagi is still dumb to it all so he may not think anything of "good" people or "bad" people...he's just ignorant to it all at this point.

I dunno though...your thoughts?

Anyone else's thoughts?

it doesn't have to be a big deal or anything, might be fun is all.

at some point i woudl want to work out Izanagi's powers perhaps...something paralleling the concept of camera's "trapping the soul" of those it takes pictures of....not sure how it would work though...i'd love to hear all of your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    HirokatsuGoto: When did you want to do student picture story?

There is nothing for students to do right now, so maybe it is ok for this. But I don't know what you want to do for such a story too.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Orc in the Playground

Quick question: is Vincent allowing Eighteen 30% more power than he is normally allowed, or 30% total? (30% is the upper limit of what Subject 1864 is allowed to release at his own discretion.)

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Not Kujo, tgva, but rather his agents. Basically, use the batcrap insane cult aspect of it for his infiltrated agents to go "no, he cannot be dead! STOP LYINGBOOOOOOOOM".
    I know, I was merely stating Kujo's status as far as I was aware.

Either team showing up without an escape in mind is tantamount to suicide. Even Genoveva would have been taken down eventually if she stayed. For now the playing field is the mortal world, where both sides have to have some forethought and a little finesse in order to keep the others from escalating the engagement, which would possibly lead to full on war in the mortal world. Which would obviously benefit the Hollows more, due to the mass amounts of mortal death in the area.
    Well, as the recent invasion proves, clearly escape plans are possible. I mean, Genoveva didn't get trapped. I'm just saying, the "lack of conflict" may be a problem that can be easily fixed.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-03 at 08:05 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

Here's the current situation.

First, capability wise, about... half the mortal cast, not counting SWORD, is pretty much completely unable to handle an all-out war situation. If they try, they get killed, it's that simple. So unless we want them all dead in a short span of time, the escalation needs to be just a liiiiiiiiiiiittle bit slower than that.

Second, as it is, SS is pretty much crippled right now. Hueco Mundo's forces are simply that much stronger at the moment (even if we consider that most of the Captains are out of the picture for OOC reasons, they just don't have the firepower to handle defense of Seireitei AND taking care of the Mortal World without slacking off on one or the other. This should allow the Wall plot to proceed somewhat smoothly, as far as justification goes).

Third, Genoveva's diversionary stunt was pretty much her own doing. If any degree of diplomacy is to be mantained, Von Geister can play the blame card on her. This does, however, present him with the opportunity to sense just how on the ropes as a whole SS is. So he has a reason to test their response time as far as the Mortal World is concerned. Testing the waters, as it were, shouldn't be too difficult a proposition, and allows for the conflict to escalate more slowly with the mortal cast involved. (Which makes Renee's designs for the kids progress that much more swiftly, but I digress.)

So here's a thought.

Step 1: SS sends a diplomatic emissary to Hueco Mundo to set up a meeting regarding Genoveva's role in the Kujo event.
    Step 2: Meeting happens. Von Geister notices the Seireitei envoys are a little more shook up than they should be, considering they actually forced Genoveva's retreat with no casualties.
    Step 3: Von Geister gathers a number of wild Hollows, sends them into the Mortal World for intelligence gathering (or simply has his wife provide them in some fashion; that's up to our beloved HM dictator Draken).
    Step 4:
    Step 5: PLOT PROFIT!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Orc in the Playground

Small correction, Dorizzit - 1864 didn't actually fling himself at Sereg, he flung a tree branch at him. ^_^;;

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450

I have no idea what you're talking about. Thank you for pointing that out.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-05-03 at 08:36 PM.