New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Some notes.

1) Karashi's... "powerset" has to do with smell. Mainly that of reiatsu. So he may pick up on some things. His powerset is constant in my mind, and I can basically lay out what his sword does here if anyone has any major objections.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #842
    Orc in the Playground

I can't help but picture him and Rouga mentioning to each other how their reiatsu smells funny.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #843
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Let's also not forget we're REALLY trying to shoot for less of a grimdark theme here.
    Not to stir anything up again, but I want to go out of my way to point something out here. A lot of people always tout that this game was supposed to be lighter-hearted and less "grimdark," but I know for a fact that several players who had their hands in this game didn't agree with the notion, nor did they think it was at all necessary. Nevertheless, they didn't bother saying anything because it would just cause more arguments. So just keep in mind that it's not exactly a unanimous viewpoint.

As for the issues surrounding the "Hell faction," I'll just drop it all. There might be some potential to twist them into the game somehow, but judging from the reactions, it's not very likely to happen. So consider the whole thing stricken from the record.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Which reminds me, Taiki's still in intensive care whenever Natsuko's not busy.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

She'll head over ASAP.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #846
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    She'll head over ASAP.
    He's going to have a parallel communications schtick going on now because of us both hahahaha.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

I remember wanting to create Shinigami academy character, but it seemed discussion of Academy was replaced with school.

But maybe it is time to make new characters with "main characters feeling." for new game road.

Zarah, could you answer my questions of zanpakutou idea please?

Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

8. - Top - End - #848
    Bugbear in the Playground

Let's see what I've been doing in Soul Society recently.

Oh right. Nothing. I've been writing NPC interactions with Karite because he's still in jail waiting for a trial.

Even though we skip time so much I have to ask Froze every time I miss a week just to make sure we didn't skip time again.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Zarah, could you answer my questions of zanpakutou idea please?

Sure, my apologies if it seemed like I was ignoring you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    When I did this idea last game it was very fun. I tried something similar with tsukumogami this game, but it has not been successful.

But how were they forcibly removed?
    Honestly, I have no idea. It would likely vary from case to case. Like I said, they aren't a faction, so there's no reason why they should all exist because of the same circumstances. I think it would be better to handle such a thing once people start applying for them.

Also, the Zanpakutou spirits thing was more of a general idea for the whole game. If you guys want to use it, go ahead. I'm probably going to be backing out again until I can figure out what I want to do, so knock yourselves out.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, Nicklance, Takahashi is actually Taiki's last name. It's not completely clear b/c some of us do Surname Given (which is Japanese standard) and some do Given Surname (which is English standard). Just in case you were unaware (I basically use other people's posts to figure it out as it is).

Zarah: Just so you know, I think your Hell idea could be interesting flavored a different way. Let me know if you wish to discuss it.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Just an idea I've been kicking around since I've been back.

Independent Zanpakutou spirits are not a well-liked idea in this game, as we've just seen. But, there is a possible means of characters with a similar feel to them.

We know that Bount dolls can go berserk and attack their owners. We also know that they are summoned from without through ritual, and are not actually an integral part of a Bount's soul. So, what happens to Bount doll if they manage to slay their owner?

Just an idea I'm throwing out there.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Firbolg in the Playground

Most people seemed on board with that actually.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

Well, actually, since Bount are supposed to die when their Dolls die, and Dolls seem to cease to function when their Bount die, I would guess that a Doll killing its owner results in death of both. Just purely based on the anime, anyways.

14. - Top - End - #854

Speaking of Bount, while I am still crafting my own Bount and mundane characters, are there any members of the bount and quincy factions so far?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

On Quincy: There is no real "Quincy Faction," per say. While the Quincy are aware of each other, they are not organized under one banner or anything. Quincy are organized into specific families, of which I believe there is 1 for every Quincy character thusfar. Each Quincy family has its own history, own training methods, etc. We sort of decided this was best, since the Quincy are currently unknowns and if they were known, Sereitei would probably want to do something about them.

On Bount: ...How many people are even playing Bount in this game? I know I'm playing one, but that's for the massive self-pun damage. Anyone else playing Bount? I believe there aren't enough active Bount for there to even be a faction.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-16 at 12:41 AM.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got a Bount character that I need to actually get back into the game. Sören hasn't done anything in a while.

But yeah, there isn't a Bount faction this game.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Pixie in the Playground

It would actually be nice to see Soren out and about, since he's the one teacher that we haven't heard much from. I want to get the Teacher Team Super Squad out and patrolling!

Not speaking of this, I have received no PMs from any of the players of Samsara characters. I don't even know if there's any interest in this anymore. This is not a subject that I would like to toss out the window, because I think that it could be a big plot point that could involve a lot of people, because nearly everyone has a Mortal World character. So, I'd like to get that started as soon as possible. There's been a lot of talk about a kidnapping plot, though there's been no actual kidnappings yet, but if we want to wait until that's finished to begin Samsara Shenanigans, then that's fine. I just need to know, because apparently it's my responsibility now. I just want to have fun boss battles.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

18. - Top - End - #858

Go Nagi can return if he's needed.
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, the problem with Sören is that I can never find anything for him to do.

Ideally, I would like for him to have a Big Damn Hero moment where he summons Männlicheinlädt in front of other characters for the first time in the game.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

There will be plenty of available "Big Damn Heroes" moments when Hollows start appearing in the Mortal World for some reason or another. Dunno when we decided to open the gates for that, so to speak.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Pixie in the Playground

I would appreciate Go's return. If you want to shoot me a PM, I'd like to work out how this is going to work.

And as for Soren, the Samsara arc would be perfect for that, because what I would like to do is have that moment that they always have in anime movies where the villains appear for the first time and they look really menacing and impressive, and they prove this by proceeding to beat the stuffing out of the heroes in a massive curbstomp. What I'd like to do is have that happen when the Samsara attempt to eliminate the kids first, because they have a lot of spiritual potential, and then the teachers come and be appropriately awesome. Thoughts?
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

22. - Top - End - #862

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    There will be plenty of available "Big Damn Heroes" moments when Hollows start appearing in the Mortal World for some reason or another. Dunno when we decided to open the gates for that, so to speak.
    You mean like what's been going on now?
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    And as for Soren, the Samsara arc would be perfect for that, because what I would like to do is have that moment that they always have in anime movies where the villains appear for the first time and they look really menacing and impressive, and they prove this by proceeding to beat the stuffing out of the heroes in a massive curbstomp. What I'd like to do is have that happen when the Samsara attempt to eliminate the kids first, because they have a lot of spiritual potential, and then the teachers come and be appropriately awesome. Thoughts?
    This is thematically appropriate, adheres to genre conventions and gives mine and others' characters a chance to look awesome. How can I do anything but approve?

24. - Top - End - #864
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    On Bount: ...How many people are even playing Bount in this game?
    *raises hand*

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Not speaking of this, I have received no PMs from any of the players of Samsara characters. I don't even know if there's any interest in this anymore. This is not a subject that I would like to toss out the window, because I think that it could be a big plot point that could involve a lot of people, because nearly everyone has a Mortal World character. So, I'd like to get that started as soon as possible. There's been a lot of talk about a kidnapping plot, though there's been no actual kidnappings yet, but if we want to wait until that's finished to begin Samsara Shenanigans, then that's fine. I just need to know, because apparently it's my responsibility now. I just want to have fun boss battles.
    I will begin the kidnapping plot tomorrow.

As for Samsara, I must have missed the request to send a PM to you, but Magnus is still very much available.

Now, more elaboration on my thoughts towards Zarah's second plot idea. I am not against a faction related to Hell innately, but many reservations on that have been displayed, so it's a null point. I'm not against such a faction later in the game if it ties into the existing storyline well enough. However, it seems like we're focusing on Shinigami vs. Hollow, so this is mostly just to move on to my next point.

What I do believe is this: this game should have an endgame. Eventually, people are going to run out of plot ideas. Then, people are going to bore when the plot ideas begin to dry up. I know I will. If this happens, eventually, it will stagnate. Perhaps I'm wrong, but the original BitP stagnated without the plot even being over; such is the risk of a plot-centric RP, if you ask me. This isn't open-ended. So, in my honest opinion, we should work towards an endpoint. Then, when we reach it perhaps we can start anew. But what I won't be on board for is an endless, eventually pointless RP. While admittedly I don't think planning everything beforehand is necessary or even wise, I do think that we should have an endgame, or see the game fall into a quagmire again.

But perhaps that's just me. For now, I'll be content to pitch my plots, and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I'll leave off from the endless RP with my plots tied off.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #865

I think thinking about an end point is a bit pre-mature when this game isn't even close to being finished.
    My Current Works

26. - Top - End - #866
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I've just started having fun! Don't end the game so quickly

Heh. Though Kitano Takeshi's plot might push Seireitei into an all-out attack with Las Noches earlier than our characters would expect.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

27. - Top - End - #867

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    I've just started having fun! Don't end the game so quickly

Heh. Though Kitano Takeshi's plot might push Seireitei into an all-out attack with Las Noches earlier than our characters would expect.
    As planned.

Also, another brilliant song for Takeshi and Aya. This also works well.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2011-05-16 at 01:58 AM.
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #868
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Space for Hire...NOT!]

29. - Top - End - #869

Very much so, and the mood whiplash is awesome between the
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #870

I know I pulled another vanishing act a while back, but is there any plot details I should know more about in regards to the Vice Commander character I would like to start re-using?

Edit: Also, I expect that The Count will have a severe interest in dealing with Viatrix, once I finish altering him.

What are the other bount up to, and are the quincy all students as well? It's a pity that the latter are not working together, are any of them Quincy tech junkies?
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2011-05-16 at 02:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.