New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Hey Nicklance, Sereg's down in the pits in Cuerva's sector, and he'll be coming back up to ground level soon. If you want them to run into each other then we can make it happen. Someone has to catch him while he's sneaking around after all.
    If Von Geister is not holding a Court Session at this point in time and Cuerva is free to go, then yes there will be an encounter soon. :D
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    If Von Geister is not holding a Court Session at this point in time and Cuerva is free to go, then yes there will be an encounter soon. :D
    Oh, I thought she was on her way there anyway. He'll be around for a while though. Have to call in the troops for a special delivery.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

It's Cuerva, him and T&R in that room. She is free to go whenever she wants. The throne room is the highest point of the city and it has some very large windows too, so she can just jump off if she wants.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drammor View Post
    So, I've had several characters ideas over time, but I really need to take recognition of the fact that I don't always have internet access, and that I do spend most of my time developing games.

I'd really like to join the game here, but I figured that if I do, I should probably pick a position that won't be called upon very often. I had an concept that would facilitate this, but the backstory has raised a couple questions for me.

In this iteration of Bleach, what would the Gotei 13 do to help or accommodate a 5th seat officer who suddenly lost their powers?
    If anything in canon suggests anything, they'd either arrest you or reject you. Our Soul Society wouldn't automatically do such things. Depends on division specifically. I'd talk to the Captain of the Division you're considering this for.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Oh, I thought she was on her way there anyway. He'll be around for a while though. Have to call in the troops for a special delivery.
    Thanks Drakken.

On my way to see you now Sereg
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

6. - Top - End - #1026

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Also, on the training for Aya, while I'm sure it'll help people are forgetting is...well several fold.

1. The Mist effect is a separate effect from the darkness. The Darkness is just a simulation of several things.

2. You can't get immune to sensory deprivation. While you can probably teach yourself to resist the effects...there's a point where the body simply shuts down.

3. No one in the Gotei (even now) has seen his full Shikai.

Just wanted to clear up on part one especially. There was no "Mist" just the scent of...drugs I can't name because the forum will come down on my cute butt and Hadrian would be sad.
    How modest, Mr. Cute butt. . Something I personally didn't need to know about you.

I would assume that word got out from when he was being given the test for becoming the commander, if it's any consolation. They probably need to see his shikai then his bankai. -shrugs-

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

Kido Commander and Captain are two different things. The same requirements do not necessarily apply.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-17 at 11:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1028

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Kido Commander and Captain are two different things. The same requirements do not necessarily apply.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Yeah, but why make things unnecessarily complicated? Unless we're bringing in a new commander we don't need to nitpick about it. I would just assume they'd want to see his bankai too.

Edit: Well, guess not.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-05-17 at 11:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

Considering we don't even know if the Canon Kido Commander we know about had a Zanpakuto, we can't say anything about that requirement.

10. - Top - End - #1030

Considering we don't even know if the Canon Kido Commander we know about had a Zanpakuto, we can't say anything about that requirement.
    So? They're not even the same organization...why would what the Gotei wants have anything to do with what they get? I'm not assuming Takeshi knows the Captain's Shikai or Bankai either.
    Well. Uhm. Uh... Shuddup!

What has given you the idea I know what I'm doing?

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Orc in the Playground

Also, on the training for Aya, while I'm sure it'll help people are forgetting is...well several fold.

1. The Mist effect is a separate effect from the darkness. The Darkness is just a simulation of several things.

2. You can't get immune to sensory deprivation. While you can probably teach yourself to resist the effects...there's a point where the body simply shuts down.

3. No one in the Gotei (even now) has seen his full Shikai.

Just wanted to clear up on part one especially. There was no "Mist" just the scent of...drugs I can't name because the forum will come down on my cute butt and Hadrian would be sad.
    Note how nobody who mentioned the effects is supposed to know the full extent of the details? Yeah, it's kinda like that.

Also, part 2... worries me. Very much. It means that people specialized in close quarters fighting are very, very, VERY screwed against Takeshi. All he needs to do is stay out of sight and keep dodging (noting he has very good shunpo) and/or potentially sniping people with Bakudo. Which they have no means of tracking and limited means of dodging because they won't know where it's coming from.

And which Takeshi is unusually gifted with.

Let's not forget that Bakudo ALSO encompasses defensive spells such as Seki and Enkosen. Both of which Takeshi can do incantationless. Which is BEFORE we take into account his incantationless use of Jikanteishi.

It basically means the only chance any melee fighter has of defeating Takeshi is a surprise attack with a clocking of his jaw.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

"Surprise attacks can be arranged."

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Note how nobody who mentioned the effects is supposed to know the full extent of the details? Yeah, it's kinda like that.

Also, part 2... worries me. Very much. It means that people specialized in close quarters fighting are very, very, VERY screwed against Takeshi. All he needs to do is stay out of sight and keep dodging (noting he has very good shunpo) and/or potentially sniping people with Bakudo. Which they have no means of tracking and limited means of dodging because they won't know where it's coming from.

And which Takeshi is unusually gifted with.

Let's not forget that Bakudo ALSO encompasses defensive spells such as Seki and Enkosen. Both of which Takeshi can do incantationless. Which is BEFORE we take into account his incantationless use of Jikanteishi.

It basically means the only chance any melee fighter has of defeating Takeshi is a surprise attack with a clocking of his jaw.
    That or wear power armor that includes a HUD with radar and environment filters.

And then sock him in the face.

"Surprise attacks can be arranged."
    Nothing short of a Sennen Goroshi

@Riccaru: Cuerva will handle her administrative duties while Sereg goes spelunking in holes until he's satisfied and crawls out.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-17 at 11:45 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes we do.

He had the 'most powerful fire zanpakuto ever'. He even unleashed it when Ukitake and that perverted guy who wears a bamboo hat tried to stop him from stopping Ichigo and Co. from rescuing Rukia.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Orc in the Playground

They were OOC clarifications, not IC one's Just in case there was a misunderstanding.

Takeshi's Shikai and Bankai have always expressely required people to fight smart not hard. Bringing a mallet to fight Takeshi is not going to get you where you want. The effects of the Sensory Dep. takes several whole minutes, which as pointed out before usually doesn't happen in the fights here. Not only that, forcing Takeshi to move or moving yourself outside of the area ends the effects -immediately-. You don't go back to 20 when you go in, the counter resets to 0.

Like I said, Fight Smart, not hard.
    See, that's interesting info to keep close to the chest.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'd say Takeshi has done quite a good job at that

Honestly, Takeshi is a chump in close range combat. He's got no real hand to hand skills which is how even a Seated took him down and forced his attack to more or less miss and while he's potent with his blade, it's more that he spends a lot of time looking at foes and waiting then actual physical prowess.

He's a 17 year old kid in body, when he gets older he'll be a force to reckon with all around but as things go...he probably won't age another year.
    Heh heh. You are a mage with an artifact sword dealing with a swordsage.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

17. - Top - End - #1037

S'about the jist of it. It's not wise to discount Takeshi yet...He's yet to get creative.
    I thought the clean nuke off the coast of Japan was pretty out there. I'd hate to see what he can do if he gets "creative".

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Maybe the best way to deal with Takeshi is to slip a roofie in his drink or something... *muses*
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a lot of time to think on my hands as most things go. The thing with the last Bleach...and even this game is Kido isn't utilized in creative combinations. If I'm to play Takeshi correctly I have to at least have six or seven fairly nasty idea's on hand at any one time. So it's become a goal of mine to write down at least four each day and pull them out when needed.
    You know, I just cranked open the Spell Compendium and went from there. Von Geister's biocrafting this game is - at its most basic combat usage - druid spellcasting too. >>
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Orc in the Playground

Do you think it'd work?

I actually downloaded a physics program that runs calculations on light reflections for Takeshi. I'm fairly serious about things being as accurate and realistic as possible.

I'd honestly give him Blighter levels.
    Okay, even I'M not that passionate about my writing...

Must make some darn cool graphics.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Callos, you want Yaago out in the wild with Genny?
    Tis up to you. I'd be happy to have Yaago out there, but I don't know how much is going to be going on out there either, so it may be better to keep him in the city. So...up to you. XD
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Okay, even I'M not that passionate about my writing...

Must make some darn cool graphics.
    This one's a freebie, but you're not the only one who devised a reflection Kido, though honestly it could easily be the same one unless it was made by someone not in Soul Society.

I wanted to see how many said "mirrors" would be needed to reflect a "cero" around to be unavoidable. Now I know.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

23. - Top - End - #1043

This one's a freebie, but you're not the only one who devised a reflection Kido, though honestly it could easily be the same one unless it was made by someone not in Soul Society.

I wanted to see how many said "mirrors" would be needed to reflect a "cero" around to be unavoidable. Now I know.
    Unless they break the mirrors.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gotta be damn tough mirrors son.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah... the only really nasty hit with a kido last game that I remember was by Daisuke against Von Geister.

Hado 90 FTW.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #1046

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Gotta be damn tough mirrors son.
    Well, you can do the shunko thing where the forces cancel each other out.

Again, no idea.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

When you go to the trouble of calculating out the needed path for a beam to become unavoidable, you don't skimp on the details like mirror strength. In this case, it's an actual magic spell. We've seen Hachi's kido barriers do some impressive blocking...like a tactical RPG shot. Same barriers were used to make the "Nuke" as it's been dubbed. Takeshi is not screwing around...well anymore at least.
    Next stop. Death Star.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Yeah... the only really nasty hit with a kido last game that I remember was by Daisuke against Von Geister.

Hado 90 FTW.
    You people keep saying Daisuke, and even though I know that you mean the old Commander-General, I keep thinking that you mean my character, and confuses me so much!
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Firbolg in the Playground

Why go small. Go big and blow up the Sun. IRON HEART SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGE
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Why go small. Go big and blow up the Sun. IRON HEART SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGE
    Right. The Sun Crusher then. Really ugly looking thing, but effective I guess.

I suppose Takeshi will cackle and go like "Now witness the full power of this fully operational Cero station!"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]