New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

So what is Arcelia and Lalita up to?

Yaago wants to come and check on them per the Primera's orders

suggestions?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

They're riding a dinosaur, naturally.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, I'll be able to post again in about 2 days.

Sorry for the wait, I've been on vacation with terribad internet.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    So what is Arcelia and Lalita up to?

Yaago wants to come and check on them per the Primera's orders

suggestions?
    No-one knows what Arcelia is up to - she's missing, completely off the radar. Her position as an Espada is in process of being revoked.

Lalita is hiding. Edward is the sole person Yaago could ask who actually knows where.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

is there anyone who last saw either of them? is anyone at the proving grounds now? i just need a little something to go on

I am fine with going to Edward...though i know he doesnt like Yaago

I just am not sure i would KNOW to go to him...still if no real reason..i know he is smart so i could go to him...

do we have a plot reason why Arcelia is gone?

I just want to bring something back to the Primera...maybe it can help move along said "process for revoke"

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    No-one knows what Arcelia is up to - she's missing, completely off the radar. Her position as an Espada is in process of being revoked.

Lalita is hiding. Edward is the sole person Yaago could ask who actually knows where.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    is there anyone who last saw either of them? is anyone at the proving grounds now? i just need a little something to go on

I am fine with going to Edward...though i know he doesnt like Yaago

I just am not sure i would KNOW to go to him...still if no real reason..i know he is smart so i could go to him...

do we have a plot reason why Arcelia is gone?

I just want to bring something back to the Primera...maybe it can help move along said "process for revoke"

Aaron
    Lalita used to be Edward's Fraccion so he would be the one to go to in order to ask about Lalita (in my mind anyway) and, for information about the Tres Espada position I'd suggest going to talk to Clovis since Draken's dialogue suggest he's stood in as an interim Espada multiple times nd people would know that.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Tercera, not Tres. Tercera denotes position, Tres denotes number.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

I know what I typed.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Fair enough. Have a plushie.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I know what I typed.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Nobody knows what happened to Arcelia. One day she was there, the other there was an interin.

The Proving Ground that Clovis is using is also not a particularly open or public area. It is more of a dome made on the spot from the foundations of Las Noches (a thick layer of living hollow bone that gives sustentation to the structures of the city).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The Proving Ground that Clovis is using is also not a particularly open or public area. It is more of a dome made on the spot from the foundations of Las Noches (a thick layer of living hollow bone that gives sustentation to the structures of the city).
    Is it shielded from Pesquisa?

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

No, but the foundations are relatively deep and have their own weak but pervasive reiatsu.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Ummm... one question about Rouga's mountain:

Is it supposed to be inside Las Noches? Because Pico referred to a sunset but... there is no sun out in the sands. It's always night, with that strange moon looming overhead.

Because if it is inside Las Noches, the dome must be higher than 12 km, which I personally find hard to believe.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay, I need some outside help to figure out of there are cultural differences fueling this post. Because I am genuinely confused.

Kaito isn't "attacking everyone else". Unless "giving a different opinion in the form of a logical counter-point in as calm of a manner as possible" is suddenly equal to "attack". I've repeatedly noted how calm he is, how he's going for the calm, logical approach, and so on.

But Kaito had so far attacked Ken, Kina, Sayaka's father, Sayaka and Michiko sempai.
    Sayaka's Father: I thought we all understood that much of that was driven by a cultural misunderstanding? That that whole incident (which was also one of calm debate, rather than heated insults and verbal attacks) was created because I was approaching from an American viewpoint that saw the scene as one of a teacher speaking to students; a setup wherein (in America, at least at higher education levels) the student isn't just allowed, but sometimes encouraged to ask questions, even radical questions.
    Sayaka: I'm having trouble remembering how he would have "attacked" her, unless Kasanip is referring to the post I just made, where he simply states that shutting up and not getting this nailed down would be risking his life (at least in his eyes).
    Kina: Um....this one makes even less sense. He calmly disagreed with "let's just be friends and not worry about this". He never, not once, "attacked" her.
    Michiko: He only disagreed on the point of her being leader. He readily agreed with the rest of the proposal. Also note that when he lists the "chain of command", Michiko is right behind Nakahiro in that line. Which means he does think she has the potential to lead. So again, I'm missing the "attack", unless we're looking at the first couple of posts in the scene, where he's angry because of a fake love letter.
    Ken: The only one I see the potential for "attack" in, he's still been working to stick to counterpoints rather than insults. He made that "melodrama-sama" quote, but that's the height of it.

What gets my goat more is that Ken, who's clearly being a.)needlessly melodramatic, and b.)is clearly working more actively to get a negative emotional response out of Kaito (via things like "he's too stupid to see I'm sarcastic, even though the guy writing my posts is giving absolutely no cues of any kind in my post that I'm anything but 100% serious"), he's just "annoying and sometimes a liar". But Kaito, who's working hard to remain dispassionate and present what he sees as a vital subject for the survival of himself and his friends, is suddenly some big villain. Why? Because I'm confused, and a little annoyed, at this point. It seems a bit unfair that Kaito is painted as a villain and Ken's just "some annoying guy".
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Ummm... one question about Rouga's mountain:

Is it supposed to be inside Las Noches? Because Pico referred to a sunset but... there is no sun out in the sands. It's always night, with that strange moon looming overhead.

Because if it is inside Las Noches, the dome must be higher than 12 km, which I personally find hard to believe.
    Dammit, I keep forgetting about that pesky always-night thing... It's not supposed to be inside Las Noches, no.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Okay, I need some outside help to figure out of there are cultural differences fueling this post. Because I am genuinely confused.
    I think I mentioned this to you earlier, but Kaito's been feeling to me like a bear shot in the ass for a while now. That coming from a non-japanese point of view.

From a japanese point of view, Kaito's been acting in a very impolite manner - too blunt, too straightforward, and too challenging. Less what he's done or said, more how he's done and said it. To a more traditional person (like Sayaka), it would make him very abrasive person.

Think of it this way: in real world, not everyone likes dealing with people who are as upfront. Kaito might not mean to be offending, but that doesn't prevent him from being so to people who have different attitudes and personalities.

Don't take it as an attack against yourself or your character. Clash of personalities is something that happens when prior strangers are suddenly made to act together. Not everyone likes everybody, and a group can very well be unfair towards someone with little to no reason.

Consider the bright sides: you can use this observation to fuel the story. You've noted Kaito is being misunderstood and treated unfairly, and are annoyed and confused due to that, so ask yourself - can he notice he's being misunderstood and treated unfairly? Does he have reasons to be annoyed, confused, etc.?

In character reactions are what drives the game. Overall, I don't think there's reason to settle this "dispute" out-of-character.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Speaking as someone who often faces the same kind of criticism Kaito does, I can understand where KD is coming from. He's being practical, upfront and generally loose-lipped with his opinions - I've found that unless you seek to present yourself as clearly respecting people's opinions you come across as a bit of an ass. My motto in that regard is as follows: "You're entitled to your opinion. Just don't expect me to believe it's right because it's an opinion; they're not born equal or based on the same facets of reality."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. 喧嘩 I thought it can be said in English language "fight" of this meaning.

It is not my opinion of the post. It is to be Sayaka's opinion. It is RP character opinion only. I will try to answer questions:

Sayaka's Father: I thought we all understood that much of that was driven by a cultural misunderstanding? That that whole incident (which was also one of calm debate, rather than heated insults and verbal attacks) was created because I was approaching from an American viewpoint that saw the scene as one of a teacher speaking to students; a setup wherein (in America, at least at higher education levels) the student isn't just allowed, but sometimes encouraged to ask questions, even radical questions.
    Sayaka's view of this was to show in earlier post. Maybe it was not seen (>< ):here
    Quote Originally Posted by kasanip
    When they were at the Shrine, to work together also had gone poorly. Though the reason was the fault of Watanabe Kaito to have the disagreement with her father.
    She thinks it is Kaito's fault why Shrine things went badly. Maybe already they would all be friends and to work together if it was good, she thinks. Maybe she wonders if Kaito also will ruin this meeting (she starts to feel he is).

Sayaka: I'm having trouble remembering how he would have "attacked" her, unless Kasanip is referring to the post I just made, where he simply states that shutting up and not getting this nailed down would be risking his life (at least in his eyes).
    He gives cool gaze and ignores her asking to stop arguing with Ken. Arguing with Ken is not important, Sayaka thinks. She thinks Ken is just to have fight with Kaito. When she ask to stop, Ken stopped, but Kaito said "No" to Sayaka. So maybe it will continue, she thinks.

Also he ignores earlier her in his thought of organize team. To Sayaka, it is unfair she thinks because she knows more than he does of this kind of thing she thinks. Of course also she had similar thought at shrine too at meeting when Kaito says comment too.
    Maybe she thinks Kaito dislikes people- she does not know him, and always he has 'cool' or 'logic' and ignore 'emotion'. He says teamwork is important, but ignores friends opinions. I hope Sayaka and Kaito can become friend so this maybe changes.

Maybe a little of Sayaka's character too, because often she had similar always neutral expression in opinion like Kaito. But she doesn't like it. To see Kaito ignore everyone's opinion, it isn't good she thinks. Sayaka is changing one step and one step to be more open to other character. It is frustration of "Emotion" and "Logic" maybe.
    Of course, they are first year students, so it can be understand I think.

Kina: Um....this one makes even less sense. He calmly disagreed with "let's just be friends and not worry about this". He never, not once, "attacked" her.
    Kaito had disagreement with Kina at the shrine. Kaito also ignore Kina now also. Sayaka had same opinion of Kina both times also, and Kina saved Sayaka recently, and to think Kina also is scared of arguments. So Sayaka is upset of Kaito to be rude to Kina's wishes. Even if Kaito has good reason, it is not to consider Kina's feelings, Sayaka thinks.

Maybe I think you have agree of this: Kaito thinks even if it is argument and uncomfortable, it must be done in this style now, because life and death situation.

Sayaka disagrees and does not want Kina to be uncomfortable. Kina has had lot of stress recently, maybe Kaito doesn't know. But he does not try to also. So Sayaka thinks Kaito doesn't think of others' feelings.

Michiko: He only disagreed on the point of her being leader. He readily agreed with the rest of the proposal. Also note that when he lists the "chain of command", Michiko is right behind Nakahiro in that line. Which means he does think she has the potential to lead. So again, I'm missing the "attack", unless we're looking at the first couple of posts in the scene, where he's angry because of a fake love letter.
    I am confused. You agree he was angry at her? So it is the same thing I think. It was not friendly at the beginning. Maybe it is not supposed to be friendly (and for Michiko plot, I think so too!). But of course, Sayaka does not know how ending is. She hopes everyone can make agreement now and everyone can be safe. Even she is willing to trust Michiko senior (but unsure why because of memories gone- and maybe she is wrong also. But it is her belief.).

Kaito says Michiko does not have qualification, but to suggest Nakahiro who is good at board games and kendo. Sayaka thinks of all the character, Sayaka has most experience in this, and even Sayaka doesn't do well, and has no self-confidence after recent attack of hollow. So Nakahiro or Michiko combat skill is not useful qualification, she thinks. But Michiko is class representative and senior, so has some experience of leadership. It is better than play board games. But Nakahiro makes good speech, so Sayaka wants two to work together.

Ken: The only one I see the potential for "attack" in, he's still been working to stick to counterpoints rather than insults. He made that "melodrama-sama" quote, but that's the height of it.

What gets my goat more is that Ken, who's clearly being a.)needlessly melodramatic, and b.)is clearly working more actively to get a negative emotional response out of Kaito (via things like "he's too stupid to see I'm sarcastic, even though the guy writing my posts is giving absolutely no cues of any kind in my post that I'm anything but 100% serious"), he's just "annoying and sometimes a liar". But Kaito, who's working hard to remain dispassionate and present what he sees as a vital subject for the survival of himself and his friends, is suddenly some big villain. Why?
    I don't understand Ken very much I think, like cucumbers and such a talk. But I think I make mistake of many characters to understand. (I don't understand goat also? Sorry m(_ _)m )

But a fight is 2 people I think. Ken also to make mistakes and maybe start argument with Kaito. But when Sayaka asked them to stop, Ken agreed and stopped, not Kaito. Ken at least, is to consider other feelings. If it is true what he said. Sayaka is not sure if he said true (she say he is sometimes a liar). She is annoyed of Ken too of course. But he stopped. Kaito didn't stop.
    With other reasons, of course Kaito does not seem very nice. He's not listening.

I hope it explains thoughts of Sayaka. I am sorry it was difficult and maybe many mistakes. (>< )
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Kaito isn't "attacking everyone else". Unless "giving a different opinion in the form of a logical counter-point in as calm of a manner as possible" is suddenly equal to "attack". I've repeatedly noted how calm he is, how he's going for the calm, logical approach, and so on.

What gets my goat more is that Ken, who's clearly being a.)needlessly melodramatic, and b.)is clearly working more actively to get a negative emotional response out of Kaito (via things like "he's too stupid to see I'm sarcastic, even though the guy writing my posts is giving absolutely no cues of any kind in my post that I'm anything but 100% serious"), he's just "annoying and sometimes a liar". But Kaito, who's working hard to remain dispassionate and present what he sees as a vital subject for the survival of himself and his friends, is suddenly some big villain. Why? Because I'm confused, and a little annoyed, at this point. It seems a bit unfair that Kaito is painted as a villain and Ken's just "some annoying guy".
    I've also been seeing Kaito as being highly confrontational. I think part of the problem is how much arguing he does with everyone; he has been part of most of the disagreements. He can also be quite dismissive (or at least it feels that way to me) of other characters and their opinions, which doesn't help any. Obviously this isn't what you are intending to do, but that's the way it's coming off.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Coming to think of it, I would actually rather the kids disagree about this. It gives Hasunaga something to do when Big Bad Training Time comes.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Considering the kids aren't supposed to team up yet, and are supposed to need kidnapping of their close one as a catalyst to do just that, all is going fiiiine.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't understand Ken very much I think, like cucumbers and such a talk. But I think I make mistake of many characters to understand. (I don't understand goat also? Sorry m(_ _)m )
    This comment made me smile. Cool as a cucumber is just a saying that means being composed, unflappable, calm, etc.

Right now he's acting silly while being sincere. He jokes around because he figures no one can really know who would make a good leader since the characters know little about each other unless they've been friends before coming to this school. Even if they've known each other for a good chunk of time they still might not have a good grasp of how each person acts under pressure or in a leadership position. He's also kidding around because none of them have impressive qualifications. In addition he thinks that although their decisions could determine whether they live or die they aren't in a life or death situation right now so they can afford to be lighthearted to some degree while talking things out as long as they act seriously in the long run. Finally he questions the need for a leader when they could just try to become super well coordinated. He figures a willingness to lead and good character/virtues/personality is what really matters.

He thinks he has a good personality despite not showing it at the moment and he's willing to lead.

He sincerely doesn't want to upset Kina or Sayaka.

If you're wondering why he speaks so dramatically at times, that's because he likes to imitate anime/manga. If a fellow student were to threaten to beat him up he might respond with something cliche like "You must be sick of life!" Better yet he might say "Wash your neck and wait!" If he wanted to be really silly he'd slip a letter of challenge into his locker and not show up to the designated meeting place or claim he was the school's banchō despite the fact that it might be nearly entirely delinquent free and just about no one referring to themselves as such.

When Sayaka says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    "It's like I'm just a hole in all of this. I'm empty and a void. I'm no different than the hollow. It's like I have no connection to the world! Why?

What happened to me?"
    he just can't resist being cliche so he says things like this.
    Merely saying many people care about her including him isn't any fun. Plus he meant what he said so why shouldn't he say it?

I don't mind if all the other characters think of mine as a goof.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-03-29 at 12:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, if I want to get a cat rockin' in this jive hop, should I talk about it here, or just drop it in the registry?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Either is fine as long as you notify us there's a new character in town. Be also prepared to wait for a while as we chew over him or her. There's also a new player guide in the wiki. Link is in the first post.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-03-29 at 03:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I guess I read too much OOC into the post, especially into words like "attack", which seemed wildly out of proportion. I suppose part of it was the early hour of the morning when I wrote up that post.

Frozen does have a mildly good point in that, technically, we're kind of "going off the rails". Then again, who knows? Maybe other events will cause friction...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

27. - Top - End - #117

IMO, it isn't a good idea to glue yourself to the rails. Sometimes scenes just develop differently than they were intended to; at that point, at least from my perspective, it's better to let things go from there. Generally it doesn't have a massive effect on the plot one way or another.

Edit: Does anyone know where in the timeline the fight between the students, Hasunaga, and Cassandra was?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

@Nothing: There actually aren't rumors about Michiko running a gang. Not yet anyway. She's a delinquent, but she's never been seen with a gang. Heck, she avoids hanging out with Yuudai if she can avoid it. XD Doesn't change the content of your post much, just throwing that out there.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    IMO, it isn't a good idea to glue yourself to the rails. Sometimes scenes just develop differently than they were intended to; at that point, at least from my perspective, it's better to let things go from there. Generally it doesn't have a massive effect on the plot one way or another.
    This. I'd personally rather something not go as intended than have it feel forced or unnatural.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    @Nothing: There actually aren't rumors about Michiko running a gang. Not yet anyway. She's a delinquent, but she's never been seen with a gang. Heck, she avoids hanging out with Yuudai if she can avoid it. XD Doesn't change the content of your post much, just throwing that out there.
    Yes it does. I'm not going to have Ken accuse her of trying to make the group into a gang to do her bidding or of recruiting them into a preexisting one instead. If he doesn't have any reason to suspect that she's in a gang besides the rumor that her family is yakuza he's not going to accuse her of gang activity and he's not going to mention the yakuza rumor. Doing that makes him look like a real jerk, especially when she claims a friend of hers just died. I can see the easy retort already. *sob sob* "Yes my dad is a criminal. I didn't choose to be born into such a family. ;_; I'm an honor role student, don't you think that might be because I'm trying to be a good person and not get involved in shady family business? I want to break away from my nogoodnik heritage and start anew. Why do insensitive clods like you keep holding me back?" If any of the kids bring up her parents potentially being criminals to discredit her during the current situation they are automatic jerks.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-03-29 at 11:59 PM.