New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

What's the Kina kidnap timeset? Is it post Ep6 or pre Ep6 or another alternate reality like that one thing?

I'm so confused.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    What's the Kina kidnap timeset? Is it post Ep6 or pre Ep6 or another alternate reality like that one thing?

I'm so confused.
    It's in "the present" if that helps any. That would make it 3 or so days after Episode 6, enough time to get Sora settled into the apartment.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

May I make a request about the "Kina gets kidnapped" section of the plot? Could it perhaps take place at least 2 in-game days after the current scene? So not "tomorrow", but instead "the day after tomorrow".

Also, I'm getting a bit frustrated OOC by some of the IC posts. It seems like people are blatantly ignoring things. Like how Kaito actually gave Michiko room to explain herself. He wanted to hear more about her being leader. But no, somehow that's an outright rejection.
    Also, I'm confused as to why everyone's suddenly supposed to be best friends. Maybe it's part of Kina's own little world, but Kaito and Ken are obviously not forming an easy friendship due to personality conflicts, and Kaito just met Michiko; why would he suddenly be friends with her? Maybe it's all "IC bias", but it still feels like what I wrote is being ignored in favor of "everyone's rejecting my offer, now I shall kidnap!". *Shrugs*
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

1. Maggot's Nest holds no one. Look at it. That said, there are plenty of other prisons. Besides the one in 10th's Barracks, however, none of them are managed by 10th. I imagine the other prisons are mostly for political prisoners (I.E. Shinigami who are in said division and are not being held for horrible crimes), but that's really for individual divisions to decide.

10th has 5 prisons. They are managed by the 1st Seat (Captain; This one's Maggot's Nest), 5th Seat, 9th Seat, 13th Seat, and 17th Seat. Each also has the next 3 seats below the top as management. None of them are as large, extensive, well-hidden, or well-kept as Maggot's Nest, nor are any of them suited to holding prisoners as powerful as Hannibal. Hannibal is a huge exception to the rule; he's probably more powerful than several in-game Captains and Espada. Heck, Maggot's Nest probably wasn't even suited to holding Hannibal.

So basically, most prisoners that are recaptured are going to be held by whoever captures them until 10th can reorganize itself. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seats will basically each take over one of the remaining 4 prisons, probably those held by the lower ranks. The structure will be relatively reorganized, as Taiki will not be managing any of the prisons individually, but will be more focused on his Execution Squad and making sure the other Prisons are managed accordingly.

That is the current plan, anyways. If anyone has any suggestions/comments, don't be afraid to make them heard.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #215

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    May I make a request about the "Kina gets kidnapped" section of the plot? Could it perhaps take place at least 2 in-game days after the current scene? So not "tomorrow", but instead "the day after tomorrow".

Also, I'm getting a bit frustrated OOC by some of the IC posts. It seems like people are blatantly ignoring things. Like how Kaito actually gave Michiko room to explain herself. He wanted to hear more about her being leader. But no, somehow that's an outright rejection.
    Also, I'm confused as to why everyone's suddenly supposed to be best friends. Maybe it's part of Kina's own little world, but Kaito and Ken are obviously not forming an easy friendship due to personality conflicts, and Kaito just met Michiko; why would he suddenly be friends with her? Maybe it's all "IC bias", but it still feels like what I wrote is being ignored in favor of "everyone's rejecting my offer, now I shall kidnap!". *Shrugs*
    *shrugs* It'ss all sunshine and candy corn to Kina, and Michiko's as balanced as any other teenager, so not very. "The world's out to get me" and all that. YMMV of course. I'm not part of the plot, so I'm no help there

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

It has been mentioned before, but unfortunately, Kaito comes off as abrasive since he doesn't sugar-coat the truth - he's frank and direct, almost all business and no fun. To Kina, it makes sense they should be friends: they'd be working together, they're supposed to be watching each other's backs, and unfriendliness makes that a less interesting proposition.

Actually, I find it funny that the first question on the kids' tongues was "who's gonna be the leader". Wouldn't it be more important to figure out what they're gonna be doing first? Heck, Kina herself nailed it: none of the kids really has any leadership skills worth speaking of. They have the potential, with no experience. (Yes, even Michiko. Hasunaga would have a few choice words for her if he learned of this meeting.)

Perhaps ironically, the one with the best potential yet worst personality for the job would be Kina. Despite her lack of assertiveness, she has exhibited more concern for the welfare of everyone involved than any of the other kids.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #217

Spoiler
    Show
    Kaito's being reasonable. That doesn't mean Michiko is. It's already been established that she's not very stable right now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Where did you get the impression everyone is supposed to be friends? There's a connection between the Mortal World kids due to their abilities, and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, I find it funny that the first question on the kids' tongues was "who's gonna be the leader". Wouldn't it be more important to figure out what they're gonna be doing first? Heck, Kina herself nailed it: none of the kids really has any leadership skills worth speaking of. They have the potential, with no experience. (Yes, even Michiko. Hasunaga would have a few choice words for her if he learned of this meeting.)
    The purpose of the group, mutual defense, was the first thing established. After that, determining a chain of command is a perfectly reasonable next step considering the essentially military nature of the group.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-04-06 at 10:27 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it is partly because of Kina's "own little world". But also because of her grandfather.

She knows a lot more about what's going on that she has revealed (she is a trained Quincy). She also perceives that having some kind of military organization among the kids is a lot less useful than everyone being able to lead and manage themselves when necessary, because they won't always be together. She was taught that hollow are random, hollows are merciless, and hollows will not appear at "opportune times". They will appear when you are playing with your children, or at a birthday party, or in the middle of your job interview, or at a funeral, and you will have to be able to react alone to defend people you love. It is better when everyone is a leader in a group like this in a situation like this.

Kina's going to ignore his offer (and Michiko's) because both go against her principles and what she was taught and what she believes. It is better to her that everyone be familiar with everyone else so that they can work together, but be self-sufficient enough that they can manage on their own. Leadership (in her knowledge and experience) does not cause this self-development, it causes reliance.

She's not going to say any of this outright because then she'd be revealing her Quincy-ness and she's not going to do that until she has to. But just to give you some insight. Sorry you feel that Kaito is being rejected right now for no good reason. But you know, he kinda is.

Edit: I just wanted to get this up, but let me clarify a bit.
    1) Kina does want everyone to be friends. It's not a "we should be friends" it's a "Why can't we be?" because she really does like everyone standing in that circle (except Nakahiro but that's because they haven't had much if any conversation yet so she's just neutral towards him). She does want them to be friendly. Do they have any reason to? No. But Kina wants it all the same.
    2) Kina leaving isn't a "this discussion is over", it's a "I can't decide this right now, maybe we should discuss this later after I've had time to think it over". The kids don't know each other well enough to just put all their trust into one person. Kina definitely doesn't know Nakahiro well enough to just say "Sure, this kid can lead me." She also perceived that the conversation was over because Kaito and Michiko had differing opinions and neither one was going to change them.

Edit 2: Also, Kuroimaken, Kina is hiding a lot. When she stops hiding she'll probably be a little different. Once she "powers up," so to speak, she'll probably have much more useful things to say.

By the way, who is playing the Quincy best suited to training Kina?

Spoiler
    Show
    As a small comment, I personally just think the whole conversation is silly. Leadership isn't something that's decided upon, leadership is something that's taken and earned. And when it is taken up by someone who both wants to do it and is most capable, it tends to work out quite well. People fall behind the person who leads best, not the person who says they're the leader loudest. If you think you can lead the best, prove it by leading.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-04-06 at 10:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Perhaps ironically, the one with the best potential yet worst personality for the job would be Kina. Despite her lack of assertiveness, she has exhibited more concern for the welfare of everyone involved than any of the other kids.
    Ho no, the real irony is that Sora has the most experience with these situations, cares enough about Izumi that he'd actually lead reasonably, but is far too sociopathic to actually be a good leader.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Clearly the answer is to give leadership to the bird nested on Valeria's head.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-04-06 at 10:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #221

Obviously this is the best solution available.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

The bird has larger experience with all things spiritual than any of the other avaiable options. Including and up to Sora and any of the bounts. It loses to Yui, however, but has access to a source with unmatched experience.

On the other hand, it is evil.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-04-06 at 11:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The bird has larger experience with all things spiritual than any of the other avaiable options. Including and up to Sora and any of the bounts. It loses to Yui, however, but has access to a source with unmatched experience.

And now we have a clear dilemma. On one hand it's the best leader. On the other hand it'll be leading everyone to death. Hmm

@tgva: Kayne560 has the Science teacher, who is the oldest Quincy character. The next most experienced quincy would probably be Alexander (Me), then possible Rex Irons or Rebecca Williams.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

On a more serious note, I think Izumi's probably the best choice. She has empathy, but unlike Kina, she's not scared and ashamed of what she is, and isn't holding back potentially critical information due to that.

So hopefully we can get her into the group at some point.

15. - Top - End - #225

Bah. Our other options are a control freak and another control freak, except the second one is PMSing.

I'll take the evil bird any day.

16. - Top - End - #226

On a more serious note, I think Izumi's probably the best choice. She has empathy, but unlike Kina, she's not scared and ashamed of what she is, and isn't holding back potentially critical information due to that.

Is Izumi forceful enough to take charge? It would probably have to be someone who's at ease with telling other people around. Is whoever still playing the Shinigami that gave Izumi her powers? He might be a good candidate, not so much as a leader but as a way to bring them all together outside of combat.

17. - Top - End - #227

Spoiler
    Show

Nakahiro is planning to contact everyone he knows with spiritual powers who wasn't present at the meeting after this to tell them about the group, unless someone else gets to them first.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-04-06 at 11:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Is Izumi forceful enough to take charge? It would probably have to be someone who's at ease with telling other people around. Is whoever still playing the Shinigami that gave Izumi her powers? He might be a good candidate, not so much as a leader but as a way to bring them all together outside of combat.
    At present, no. In the immediate aftermath of the whole kidnapping mess, she'll probably be so, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro is planning to contact everyone he knows with spiritual powers who wasn't present at the meeting after this to tell them about the group, unless someone else gets to them first.
    How exactly is he going to tell Sora? Sora's kind of... sociopathic, paranoid, and cut off from the rest of society.

His only 'real world' contact is Izumi.

It's pretty sad.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

So once Kina stops doing that, she can be the Lancer!? Yeah! I get to play Renji!

...wait, crap.

But in all seriousness, Kina's probably gonna end up revealing herself at some point during the kidnapping plot when kids start fighting against each other.

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    So once Kina stops doing that, she can be the Lancer!? Yeah! I get to play Renji!

...wait, crap.

But in all seriousness, Kina's probably gonna end up revealing herself at some point during the kidnapping plot when kids start fighting against each other.
    You do realize that in my mind Kina will now forever have those ridiculous scars on her face.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Those are tattoos. And isn't Uryu the lancer?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    The guy playing that Shinigami faded out of the game a long while back.

Also, what horngeek said. Perhaps between her and Nakahiro, they'll get a solid handle on the group.

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    How exactly is he going to tell Sora? Sora's kind of... sociopathic, paranoid, and cut off from the rest of society.

His only 'real world' contact is Izumi.

It's pretty sad.
    Also Rex. Don't forget about him.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rex would gladly help with leadership of the group, since his parents gave him a proper Quincy upbringing. Besides, he's a gentleman.

Unfortunately, I don't think he'd be great for training Kina, since the Irons clan is pretty unorthodox among the Quincy. Ones that know the family name probably look at them kinda weird.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-04-06 at 11:58 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Those are tattoos. And isn't Uryu the lancer?
    Ah, well in that case she even more get to be the Quincy Lancer!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Clearly the answer is to give leadership to the bird nested on Valeria's head.
    Clearly the answer is to give leadership to Ken since he spotted the bird.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Firbolg in the Playground

He has an eye for talent.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Hehe. I'm looking forward to the end of the kidnapping mess so Hasunaga can give the kids his own brand of training from hell.

...Man, I enjoy that role way too much...
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

So out of curiosity, has there been any thought put into my suggestion about recruiting additional people for the RP? I'd assume were trying to end current plots and the arc in general. Just want to know if there is a plan if any for getting more characters, especially for the Samsara.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"