New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses (IC)

The party turns to the west, and advances down the corridor. It goes for about 40 ft. and then ends with a door. Through the whole route, no traps are discovered, and there are none on the door as well.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Responding to warnings of beasts and feasts, Dot confirms the traps-free nature of the door, and slips back behind other more robust members of the group.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Given the potential danger beyond the door, Taleira moves to the front of the party so she can quickly reach any enemies beyond. Once the door is declared free of traps, she looks to the other warriors. "Ready?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Pauline Blackstone

To prepare for combat Pauline calls four fire orbs from the sleeves on her robes and then turns ethereal.
    Awesome Avatar by Terry576

Large version:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thought of the Week: "If men were angels, no government would be necessary"

James Madison

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Lystara

Lystara nods and stops detecting. Then she takes a deep breath, the vigor was still flowing, hopefully it would last until its needed. Sword and shield prepared for the worst, in case the one who made this place had a sense of humor, she gives Taleira a nod. "Ready as always."
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Colossus in the Playground

LILDORRINENE likewise turns ethereal and flies above the others, at the head of the group.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

The party pushes open the door to the next room, and once it is open, they see a completely empty room, except for another Cup, sitting on a similar pedestal, except that this one has no hole in it. Once again, a shimmering field of unknown energy surrounds the Cup. Two doors lead out of the room as well.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

8. - Top - End - #188

"Hmm, how do we get this one? Either there's something hidden, or we have to retrieve some form of key, I would imagine." Taleira scans the room for magical auras and any clues about the method of recovering the cup.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+8)[18]
    Search: (1d20+1)[7]
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

There are no other magic auras in the room, and there appears to be nothing else of any kind. You are all alone in a room, with a Cup.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

10. - Top - End - #190

OrcBarbarianGuy

Leanne examines and listens at the two doors leading out of the chamber

11. - Top - End - #191

"Huh, strange. You're sure there's nothing else in this room, Taleira?" asked Melinda. "Maybe something's going to come out of one of those doors and we'll have to fight it for the Cup?" she speculated. Leanne was already moving towards one of the doors, so Melinda took the other one.

(Listen 1d20 [17] + 24 = 41 unless you would prefer to roll that yourself, Mikela.)
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2011-03-31 at 10:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192

Taleira Ulharvyth

"I didn't find anything, so I'm pretty sure. I'm guessing we have to go through one of these doors to get ourselves a key or something like that."
    Snickett avatar by me.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot steps into the room with the others and stares for a moment at the cup.

"So. We go from a lying clue to a logic based clue to no clue at all. Interesting. Well, this probably won't work, but it's worth a try."

The small woman stares at the cup, picturing herself inside and next to the prize. And then she blinks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to use Dimensional Jaunt to get inside the field and next to the cup.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

14. - Top - End - #194

Default Lia Naida

After a few short moments Lia realizes that Taleira's bag is significantly larger on the inside than it ought to be, and she changes tactics and simply asks Taleira, "Taleira, could I have the cup for a moment"

Spells & Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    Effects active
    • Disguise (w/ help from Lil): (1d20+24)[43] (mundane disguise - same as previous night)

Spells active
    • Detect thoughts (DC27) [< 15 min]
    • Bear's Endurance [< 15 min | Elisa]
    • Freedom of movement [150 min]
    • Glibness [150 min]
    • Locate creature (Captain of the Rohdan team) [150 min]
    • Magic Aura (on every piece of magical equipment) [14 days - cast previous day]
    • Mass Conviction (+4 moral bonus to saves) [150 min | Leanne]
    • Misdirection (aura detected as if she was mirror) [15 hours]
    • Resistance to Acid/Sonic [150 min | Dot]
    • See invisibility [150 min]

Spells remaining: 6|8/6/7/6/7/7/4

15. - Top - End - #195

Taleira gives Lia a quizzical look, but since there's no immediate danger, she fishes the Cup from her bag and hands it to Lia. "Sure, what for?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

16. - Top - End - #196

Default Lia Naida

Lia takes the cup and attempts to disguise its magical aura as best she can as she absent-mindedly responds, "I want to try and hide the magical aura on this thing. If, as I suspect, this fails, then it has implications which may aid us in locating other cups."

[Cast Magic aura on the cup to make the aura non-magical, and then Detect magic to check the effect]

Once she is done, she hands the cup back to Taleira...

Spells & Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    Effects active
    • Disguise (w/ help from Lil): (1d20+24)[43] (mundane disguise - same as previous night)

Spells active
    • Detect magic [< 15 min]
    • Glibness [150 min]
    • Magic Aura (on every piece of magical equipment) [14 days - cast previous day]
    • Magic Aura (on 1st Cup) [15 days]

Spells remaining: 5|7/6/7/6/7/7/4
    Last edited by Stormwind; 2011-04-01 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Updated spells remaining

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Szer Elem

Szer looks around the room, checking for dangers, traps or clues to the riddle.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+23)[35]
    Search: (1d20+21)[27]
    Act well before thinking!

18. - Top - End - #198

Taleira accepts the Cup from Lia and tucks it back into her bag. "Fair enough."
    Snickett avatar by me.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by crowe View Post
    Leanne examines and listens at the two doors leading out of the chamber

She sees and hears nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    "Huh, strange. You're sure there's nothing else in this room, Taleira?" asked Melinda. "Maybe something's going to come out of one of those doors and we'll have to fight it for the Cup?" she speculated. Leanne was already moving towards one of the doors, so Melinda took the other one.

(Listen 1d20 [17] + 24 = 41 unless you would prefer to roll that yourself, Mikela.)
    She hears and sees nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Dot steps into the room with the others and stares for a moment at the cup.

"So. We go from a lying clue to a logic based clue to no clue at all. Interesting. Well, this probably won't work, but it's worth a try."

The small woman stares at the cup, picturing herself inside and next to the prize. And then she blinks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to use Dimensional Jaunt to get inside the field and next to the cup.
    Dot is still standing outside of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwind View Post
    Lia takes the cup and attempts to disguise its magical aura as best she can as she absent-mindedly responds, "I want to try and hide the magical aura on this thing. If, as I suspect, this fails, then it has implications which may aid us in locating other cups."

[Cast Magic aura on the cup to make the aura non-magical, and then Detect magic to check the effect]

Once she is done, she hands the cup back to Taleira...

Spells & Effects
    Spoiler
    Show
    Effects active

Spells active
    • Detect magic [< 15 min]
    • Glibness [150 min]
    • Magic Aura (on 1st Cup) [15 days]

Spells remaining: 5|7/6/7/6/7/7/4
    The Cup's aura is now altered...at least, you think it is
    Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    Szer Elem

Szer looks around the room, checking for dangers, traps or clues to the riddle.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: [roll0]
    Search: [roll1]
    There is nothing else to be seen in the room
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #200

LILDORRINENE

Lildorrinene manifests. "Well, we know where it is," she says. "Let's continue and see if we can't find something that may gives us a clue about this."

Then, she is caught by a total whim. She simply tries to reach to grab the cup.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Lil receives a nasty shock as her fingers contact the field that surrounds the Cup.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

22. - Top - End - #202

LILDORRINENE

She shrugs looking at everyone. "What? I figured I would try the simplest method. Sure, I guessed it was real .... but since we're dealing mainly with puzzles, I just wanted to check to see if 'the power cord was plugged in'. I mean, how embarrassed would we have been if we spent time and spells to find out it was too simple."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those with K: The Planes might understand 'power cord' references as originating from the modrons of Nirvana, specifically that portion known as Mechanus. There, arcane-mechanical engines are devised that are powered by connection to some mystical thing called a 'generator'. If this cord is removed from the interface to the generator, then the arcane engine is no longer operative.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

"Well, let's just pick one of these doors to go through, then," Melinda shrugged. "See if we can set some sort of alarm on the other one so we know if we've been snuck up on." The bardess creaks opens the door she's standing next to, and invites anyone who wants to precede her through the door to go first. (It's probably the farther one from the entrance, since Leanne started moving first.)

"Lil, maybe you can go ethereal again and grab the Cup from -under- the pedestal it's on? Somehow I doubt that'll work, but it's worth a shot..."
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2011-04-01 at 09:23 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204

To Melinda, LILDORRINENE shakes her head. "You obviously have no training in even the most rudimentary planar matters. That which is Ethereal cannot affect the Material, with few exceptions. Though, I had hoped that a caster of your power knew this much, at least. That which is Ethereal is also invisible to sight. The cup is corporeal, as is its seat."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-04-01 at 09:54 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205

Taleira chuckles lightly as Lildorrinene gets taken down a peg. When Melinda opens the door, though, she steps up. "If you hear screaming, it's the wrong door, and you need to come get me out. Otherwise, I'll yell for you." Taleira then steps through, blade ready.
    Snickett avatar by me.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Lystara

Listening to Melinda with the cup's defenses in mind, Lystara approaches. She lets her shield float in front of her, seeing exactly where the field is.

- If the radius is small enough to let her touch the pedestal, but not the cup, she smiles and kneels down before it. "Let me try something real quick..." She lets her shield float face down, like a dish, about mid way up the pedestal. Then she closes her eyes and raises a closed fist. She mutters a quiet prayer, before setting her eyes on the pedestal and turning her closed fist into an open palm in an instant.

[Casting Shatter on the nonmagical pedestal, while having her shield float underneath it to catch the cup]

- If the field blocks the pedestal as well and doesn't let her shield pass, she'll do none of the above.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    "Well, let's just pick one of these doors to go through, then," Melinda shrugged. "See if we can set some sort of alarm on the other one so we know if we've been snuck up on." The bardess creaks opens the door she's standing next to, and invites anyone who wants to precede her through the door to go first. (It's probably the farther one from the entrance, since Leanne started moving first.)

"Lil, maybe you can go ethereal again and grab the Cup from -under- the pedestal it's on? Somehow I doubt that'll work, but it's worth a shot..."
    You see a corridor that goes west, and then turns to the north

Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    Taleira chuckles lightly as Lildorrinene gets taken down a peg. When Melinda opens the door, though, she steps up. "If you hear screaming, it's the wrong door, and you need to come get me out. Otherwise, I'll yell for you." Taleira then steps through, blade ready.
    You see a corridor that runs east and then turns south

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuk View Post
    Lystara

Listening to Melinda with the cup's defenses in mind, Lystara approaches. She lets her shield float in front of her, seeing exactly where the field is.

- If the radius is small enough to let her touch the pedestal, but not the cup, she smiles and kneels down before it. "Let me try something real quick..." She lets her shield float face down, like a dish, about mid way up the pedestal. Then she closes her eyes and raises a closed fist. She mutters a quiet prayer, before setting her eyes on the pedestal and turning her closed fist into an open palm in an instant.

[Casting Shatter on the nonmagical pedestal, while having her shield float underneath it to catch the cup]

- If the field blocks the pedestal as well and doesn't let her shield pass, she'll do none of the above.
    As Lystara approaches, she can determine the following. The field protects only the Cup, it does not envelop the pedestal at all. When she casts her Shatter spell on the pedestal, nothing happens.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    Taleira chuckles lightly as Lildorrinene gets taken down a peg.
    Did you mean Melinda? Because I don't see how Lildorrinene was 'taken down a peg at all.'

LILDORRINENE

Lildorrinene notices Lystara's actions. "Clever. Good observation, Lystara. Any strong person here with an adamantine weapon? or, good with putting more strength into blows to sunder the pedestal?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

"I'm certainly strong enough to put a hurting on a pedastal." Arcaneus says, stepping forward. "However neither of my weapons are adamantine and... one can't affect objects at all..." Arcaneus trails off, some of the wind being let out of his sails.
    Sweet avatar of Gikalek by KaptainKrutch.

Now running The Goramitar Games
    IC|OOC

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    Did you mean Melinda? Because I don't see how Lildorrinene was 'taken down a peg at all.'

"Clever. Good observation, Lystara. Any strong person here with an adamantine weapon? or, good with putting more strength into blows to sunder the pedestal?"
    Taleira steps back into the room, since there doesn't appear to be anything of immediate interest. "Just a hall heading east, then south." Taleira hefts her adamantine falchion. "You want me to have a whack at the pedestal, now?" She shrugs and takes a swing at the pedestal.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit:(1d20+25)[33]
    Damage: (2d4+10)[16]

OOC: @lostsole: No, I said exactly what I meant.
    Snickett avatar by me.