Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Shadows of the Kingdom OOC

You can take back the movement into the mansion if you want but now that you know that you were about to gain a "leap of faith" level, it would be a bit unfair to give it to you at this point.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    You can take back the movement into the mansion if you want but now that you know that you were about to gain a "leap of faith" level, it would be a bit unfair to give it to you at this point.
    Well... Then if it's unfair then I won't change my action. Really I'm sure that another opportunity might arise soon if the voices in her head keep talking to her.

If I may say though, her Shadowcaster personality hasn't been the most enjoyable to RP. I'm really thinking of her switching back soon.

EDIT: And I feel really bad about letting Nicholas die, it's perfectly into Sheila's current personality however, and the most sensible thing to do (unless it's made obvious it's NOT a good idea) at a horror standpoint, which the idea is to survive... I guess I'm just saddled with a lot of guilt here.

I just... don't know what to do anymore. I feel really horrible.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2011-06-30 at 05:35 PM.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Guys, it's past midnight over here, I'll be back tomorrow (today, later, whatever). Need sleep, can't formulate a coherent post in this state...

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Starsign:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's just something that I'd like to throw out there if being Ms. Abrasive is a bit difficult. Much like any normal person, there's no reason why your other selves are incapable of changing or getting character growth, even if it just helps to make them more like your normal self. Even highly abrasive and self-absorbed people can be struck by mercy, sympathy, and warmth every now and again.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Starsign:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's just something that I'd like to throw out there if being Ms. Abrasive is a bit difficult. Much like any normal person, there's no reason why your other selves are incapable of changing or getting character growth, even if it just helps to make them more like your normal self. Even highly abrasive and self-absorbed people can be struck by mercy, sympathy, and warmth every now and again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah... I hadn't really thought of that. Alright, I think I'd like Sheila in her shadowcaster form a bit longer then, if only to bring out some development within her.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

starsign:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As an extra bonus, having a character that represents another character's ideals grow and develop means that the original character is also growing and developing by changing their ideals to some extent. Character growth for one is character growth for all.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

starsign:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As an extra bonus, having a character that represents another character's ideals grow and develop means that the original character is also growing and developing by changing their ideals to some extent. Character growth for one is character growth for all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah yeah, I didn't think of that either. Thanks.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Hey RoC, am I allowed to have Sheila switch between her forms at will or is it still story-based?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

hmmm... I did come up with a whole list of triggers and such when this campaign started but I can also understand why losing control of your character might be a bit frustrating.

How about this as a compromise: Both of you can change between any forms that you've been in before but your first changes into your third forms will be story-based. Sound fair?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

I'm good with that.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't mind either way, but I'd prefer not to be able to change at-will through my forms, unless there is a very good/urgent reason for it (probably related to Sheila or his own past/life). I wrote my forms to be mysteries, even to myself, as well as instruments to enhance the story, so I think they'll lose some punch if I can just change at-will.

This is just what I want for Nicholas, though. I support whatever Starsign decides for Sheila 100%.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2011-07-01 at 01:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hmm... than we'll have to split the difference.

Sheila can change as described above (although you can still use the changes to enhance the story and/or explore your characters) and Nicholas, due to some more... extreme... forms, will be more of a mystery.

Everyone okay with that?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Absolutely, thank you.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm... than we'll have to split the difference.

Sheila can change as described above (although you can still use the changes to enhance the story and/or explore your characters) and Nicholas, due to some more... extreme... forms, will be more of a mystery.

Everyone okay with that?
    Hmm... Actually I'd like my forms to be story-based instead of being able to change at will as it loses it's mystery impact if I can simply change. That and I'd end up keeping Sheila in her more offensive forms all the time.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Back to square one, then.

You planning on using that key of yours, Starsign?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Listen check (1d20+6)[21]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Does Nicholas learn anything because of that Listen check? He doesn't really have anything to do right now, so...

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry, just to give a heads up, I'm posting from my mobile phone. My computer bit the internet so I can't post IC till later tonight.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ah, overlooked that listen check. I'll edit in the results.

Edit: Okay, it seems that we need to see what Sheila is going to do.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2011-07-07 at 12:18 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well, it would seem that there are some things here that I need to clarify regarding what is going on mapwise.

The Southeast door (the alleyway) leads north towards the street where the creatures are and south towards a pit between this street and the main street you were on before (near the curio shop, cobbler, general store, and so forth). Likewise, the southern door simply opens up to this pit (and the pit is a good 20 feet across if you want to try crossing it).

Also, the faceless beings did not break through the storm cellar that you guys took to get out but rather through the boards of wood that were covering a hole in the back of the cobbler shop (which is why it is labelled cobbler hole instead of cobbler basement or pit of despair or somesuch).

Hopefully, that will make a bit of sense.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Well, it would seem that there are some things here that I need to clarify regarding what is going on mapwise.

The Southeast door (the alleyway) leads north towards the street where the creatures are and south towards a pit between this street and the main street you were on before (near the curio shop, cobbler, general store, and so forth). Likewise, the southern door simply opens up to this pit (and the pit is a good 20 feet across if you want to try crossing it).

Also, the faceless beings did not break through the storm cellar that you guys took to get out but rather through the boards of wood that were covering a hole in the back of the cobbler shop (which is why it is labelled cobbler hole instead of cobbler basement or pit of despair or somesuch).

Hopefully, that will make a bit of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe there was only one way left that we haven't explored yet, the other street at the crossing leading to the tailor.
    Erm... Right. So Ridai, which way do we go? I'm not sure.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

So the southwestern door also just opens up to the pit (since it's 20ft. across)? If so, we don't really have a choice but to run past the cobbler shop (and the monsters). Fighting the creatures in the alley with so little space available is not going to happen.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    So the southwestern door also just opens up to the pit (since it's 20ft. across)? If so, we don't really have a choice but to run past the cobbler shop (and the monsters). Fighting the creatures in the alley with so little space available is not going to happen.
    Oh that's wonderful...

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not saying that we run past the monsters in the alley behind the cobbler shop. My plan is to move into the alley where Nicholas was attacked, head to the street through there and get past the front of the cobbler shop, since we don't have any other options left (that I'm aware of, at least).

Nicholas might have his breath weapon, but 1d6 of fire damage is pretty worthless. Entangling Exhalation makes it much stronger, but he needs much more space to exploit the enemy's slowness, so combat in the current area would be much too dangerous (apart from combat on level 1 and 2 being ludicrously lethal and completely luck-based anyway).

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not saying that we run past the monsters in the alley behind the cobbler shop. My plan is to move into the alley where Nicholas was attacked, head to the street through there and get past the front of the cobbler shop, since we don't have any other options left (that I'm aware of, at least).

Nicholas might have his breath weapon, but 1d6 of fire damage is pretty worthless. Entangling Exhalation makes it much stronger, but he needs much more space to exploit the enemy's slowness, so combat in the current area would be much too dangerous (apart from combat on level 1 and 2 being ludicrously lethal and completely luck-based anyway).
    Oh, right then... Well I'm still gonna pray we don't get killed as it's completely luck-based as you said.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I was actually talking about that alleyway. There was (or was supposed to be) a pit blocking that alley from the street with the front of the cobbler store. As this wasn't clear, starsign has already responded to it, and having that pit there kind of bends physics a bit, however, let's go with your plan.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Ridai, just so you're aware, Sheila isn't actually walking into the building yet, she just has an arm and leg into it's darkness, her next actions depend on how this turns out.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Yup, I know. Nicholas just figured that glowing brightly won't make things better and that Sheila should be in charge of navigating the darkness if they head inside.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Realms of Chaos, are you there? I'm hoping you can post soon.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

RoC, I'm assuming RL is keeping you busy, but it'd be great if you could chime in and let us know what's going on.