New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Brawling Fighter [4e]

Does the Brawling Fighter variant qualify as more of a striker, or is it still a leader?
    Iron Chef Award!

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Brawling Fighter [4e]

Fighters are Defenders. I don't know much about the Brawling Fighter, but off the top of my head I think leans slightly towards Controller as a secondary role. (Doesn't it focus on grappling and pulling people around and stuff?)
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yep, pretty much. Just so long as it is still able to pull the defender role off, I'm not worried. Thanks for the input!
    Iron Chef Award!

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey McBannert View Post
    Does the Brawling Fighter variant qualify as more of a striker, or is it still a leader?
    Brawling fighter is possibly the worst striker of all the fighters. Brawler leans controller and extreme lockdown. The striker of the fighter builds is either a properly built two-hander (with the con-to-damage powers) or a tempest fighter. A slightly optimized tempest fighter I played at low paragon outdamaged the party strikers, so...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

There is ONE way to do decent damage with a brawler. Be a Bugbear, and go Shock Trooper for your paragon path. With large-sized spiked gauntlets that receive a size-boost to their dice for being off-hand, you're punching d10s.

But, in the end, Brawler seems to be about EXTREME lockdown. On one guy at a time. But that one guy is going nowhere.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Annulus View Post
    With large-sized spiked gauntlets that receive a size-boost to their dice for being off-hand, you're punching d10s.
    And you add your Dex to damage once per round when you have Combat Advantage.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah, extreme lockdown about covers it. It should also be noted that you're a couple of points more accurate than other fighters by epic due to the +6 proficiency, which is useful for making sure the lockdown sticks.
    Currently moving houses, posting will be sporadic for the next little while.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Annulus View Post
    There is ONE way to do decent damage with a brawler. Be a Bugbear, and go Shock Trooper for your paragon path. With large-sized spiked gauntlets that receive a size-boost to their dice for being off-hand, you're punching d10s.

But, in the end, Brawler seems to be about EXTREME lockdown. On one guy at a time. But that one guy is going nowhere.
    You can lockdown 3 at a time if you are wielding double spiked gauntlets and a sash of entanglement(I think that is what it is). That allows for three grabs though you will be unable to do anything else until you let one go so two is probably more beneficial in general.