Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 609
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BudgetDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Entering the backroom of the Latigo tavern, you see the Johnson for this run, a Caucasian dwarf dressed in business casual, already sitting at the table. He seems pleased as Punch to see you.

    "Good to see y'all. I was hoping y'all could help could help me out with a little problem I have. There's a package I need delivered from up north in the UCAS, but I'd rather not have the Star find out what's in it. Y'all think that you could help me out with this?"

    I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Jbar looked around the bar scanning the various occupants and taking in the atmosphere before heading on in to the backroom. As he entered he smiled at the Mr. Johnson, always trying to have a great first impression. As he sat down he looked to the rest of his crew, he had worked with them all before and he trusted them, each one of them a good man in their own way.

    He drew in a sharp light breathe just before he spoke, his eyes glancing to the rest of this team quickly, "So about this run..." He hesitated but only for a brief second trying to gauge the willingness of the group. He knew they were there to accept a run so he wasn't about to refuse, but then again only a fool accepts a run blindly.

    "I'm sure we can find a way to help you with your dilemma, as our skills are wide and varied, but I'd like to know more about a couple of things first. Of course I won't ask anything too personal." Jbar finished, the grin still spread across his face, inviting yet almost terrifying at the same time.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Rettu Skcollob's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    One Step Beyond
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Kikuchiyo had dressed non threateningly, or at least as non threateningly as the huge Troll could. He takes a seat on an adjacent table, as he both takes up an inordinate amount of room, and is absolutely no help at a negotiation unless he was pummeling someone. He'd let the others handle the wordplay.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.


  4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BudgetDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Daravon_35 View Post
    "I'm sure we can find a way to help you with your dilemma, as our skills are wide and varied, but I'd like to know more about a couple of things first. Of course I won't ask anything too personal."
    Mr. Johnson doesn't appear particularly surprised by this.

    "I figured you would. That wasn't supposed to be everything, just a quick summary."

    He then steeples his hands, and visibly dials back the Mr. Friendly act back a notch or twelve.

    "What do y'all wanna know?"

    I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Where am I?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Jim Shade flagged down the barman, ordered a shot of whiskey (Nothing keeps the nerves down better) and sat down at the table. He knocked back his shot, looked Mr. Johnson dead in the eyes, and said:

    "For starters, what's the pay?"
    "You can't stop me. No one can stop me; not even me, and I'm me!"

    (Un)official Muscle-for-Hire of AMEN

    Official Gestalt Fighter//Cleric of The Snake for House Kato.

    "PC's aren't the most powerful people in the world, they're just in the right place at the right time".
    -Shadowdemon_lord, on PCs

    Where there's smoke, there's fire. Or a smoke-making machine.

    Before anyone asks, I didn't know what it meant when I put it in my username. Do NOT ask.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BudgetDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by PhallicWarrior View Post
    "For starters, what's the pay?"
    Mr. Johnson meets Jim's gaze.

    "Ah yes, the important question. „15,000. Half up front, half at the end. And that's total, not per person."

    Spoiler
    Show
    They really need to write up some guidelines for pay. It was a pain coming up with that number.
    Last edited by BudgetDM; 2011-03-21 at 06:44 PM.

    I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Telasi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    "First thing I can think of is whether your particular cargo is dangerous or not. I don't feel any particular need to know what it is, but I'd rather know if it's liable to blow up or something." This comes from an athletic elf woman dressed in an old Shieldwall t-shirt, jeans, and a (discreetly armored) duster. She idly plays with her black ponytail while she speaks, briefly exposing the datajack at the base of her skull. The rest of you know her as Beth or, during 'runs, greyKnight.
    Last edited by Telasi; 2011-03-21 at 08:59 PM.
    Snickett avatar by me.

    I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Levyathyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Koganusān, "Boatmurdered"
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Silk

    Eric listens quietly, nodding at the expected return. He's wearing a simple pair of faded black cargo pants and his lined coat, a sturdy, worn leather duster tattered and frayed all around the trailing edge, singed in places. He brushes a strand of dark hair out of his face and reclines in the comfortable seat. He nods at Kikuchiyo as the hulking troll slips in and takes his place. "Where exactly will we have to go to fetch this package, if you don't mind my asking. I'm not averse to crossing borders, but I like to know which ones will be involved." He says with a smirk.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

    Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BudgetDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    "First thing I can think of is whether your particular cargo is dangerous or not. I don't feel any particular need to know what it is, but I'd rather know if it's liable to blow up or something."
    Mr. Johnson pauses as if running through a mental checklist.

    "One of the items is somewhat toxic, but it will be inside its container which will be a crate, both of which are hermetically sealed. I can't imagine anything more than some rubber gloves and cleaning supplies would be needed in the event of a spill, in any case."

    He then turns to Silk.

    "The pick up is in Kansas City. Kansas City, Missouri, not Kansas City, Kansas."

    Mr. Johnson pauses then adds.

    "I might have not be clear enough about the physical dimensions of the cargo. It's two crates, each big about enough to hold a dwarf."
    Last edited by BudgetDM; 2011-03-21 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Spelling

    I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Telasi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    "Good enough for me. I don't intend to spill whatever it is anyway. So we go to Kansas City and pick up these two crates of yours. Who or what do we get 'em from, and where do you want 'em delivered? Oh, and what sort of schedule are we on? Any kind of special time constraint?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

    I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BudgetDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Telasi View Post
    "Good enough for me. I don't intend to spill whatever it is anyway. So we go to Kansas City and pick up these two crates of yours. Who or what do we get 'em from, and where do you want 'em delivered? Oh, and what sort of schedule are we on? Any kind of special time constraint?"
    "Y'all will be pickin' them up from a Talismonger, whose address I'll give you once we've made a deal. The drop off location is..."

    Mr. Johnson pauses as an irritated look passes over his face.

    "...in flux at the moment. I'll pass a message through our fixer 'friend' when I know for sure. It'll probably be somewhere in the boondocks outside Nashville. As for schedule, they should be there Tuesday* at 6 am, and I want 'em in your hands by lunch. Drop off time is ideally between sunset Tuesday and sunrise Wednesday, but if it takes a little longer I ain't gonna blow a gasket."

    *
    Spoiler
    Show
    The current time is 3 am Monday.

    I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Jbar leans forward, getting back into the conversation now that others have had a chance to speak, "So about the payment..."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Jbar will attempt to Negotiate for a better pay-out that we can all split. I don't know the modifiers so I'll roll my base and then for any negative modifiers you can just ignore the ones at the ends?
    Negotiation (4+7)+2: (13d6)[2][1][2][5][5][4][3][1][4][5][5][5][3](45)
    +2 is from the first impression quality.


    Then after negotiating he smiles once more, "Hmmm not sure I really have any more questions, that haven't been asked at this point.. except perhaps, you mentioned you'd rather not Lone Star find out what's in the container. Is there anyone else we should be on the lookout for, that might be interested in this container as well or?" He leaves the question hanging in the air as he looks back at the dwarf.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BudgetDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Mr. Johnson negotiates with Jbar for a while and eventually gives in.

    "Okay, okay: „16000. But y'all still only get „7500 up front, 'cuz that's all I brought with me."

    Mr. Johnson the listens to Jbar's question about opposition.

    "There is, yes, but I can't tell you much about 'em. Not won't, can't. They're some of the sneakiest son-of-a-guns I every tangled with. I don't think that they know about this cargo, but I've been wrong before. If they give you any trouble it will be through another team of Runners, or other hired help."

    I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Levyathyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Koganusān, "Boatmurdered"
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Silk

    Silk nods. "I guess if these guys show up, you won't care how they're handled? I'd have no problem taking care of them." He says, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

    Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    As Jbar nodded in appreciation the dim light of the bar glinted and sparkled off his darkened shades, "It's always good to know if there's more then the Star out there after us. Even if we don't know who or what, we can definitely be that much more prepared." He smiled again, all slow long smile, "The job sounds fine to me..." Jbar almost trails off and then says...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Jbar will use his comm to text the rest of the group quick as he's talking to the Mr. Johnson.
    "So a trip to the UCAS and then back into the CAS and us without Visa's for either. We're looking at either buying some which will probably put a dent in our profits or border jumping which makes this run a whole lot harder. Thoughts?"

    Edit:Typo
    Last edited by Daravon_35; 2011-03-22 at 03:43 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BudgetDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Levyathyn View Post
    "I guess if these guys show up, you won't care how they're handled? I'd have no problem taking care of them."

    Mr. Johnson shrugs.
    "As long as y'all keep the orphanage burnings to a minimum and I get the cargo, I don't care and don't want to know what y'all do on this 'run."

    I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Levyathyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Koganusān, "Boatmurdered"
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Silk

    Eric's AR flashes a message from J. He opens it and displays it on-screen in front of him, overlaying it across the meeting.

    Spoiler
    Show
    "So a trip to the UCAS and then back into the CAS and us without Visa's for either. We're looking at either buying some which will probably put a dent in our profits or border jumping which makes this run a whole lot harder. Thoughts?"


    Eric considers this question. He's new to the region, but he knows someone who isn't. He types discretely and quickly, making a short response. I'll get in contact with a friend after I leave. I'll keep you updated. He forwards this to everyone in the group, then deletes both messages from his memory.
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2011-03-26 at 02:29 PM.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

    Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Telasi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    When the texts pop up on her glasses' image link, greyKnight mentally flicks on the wireless in her headware and connects to her commlink to reply.

    Spoiler
    Show
    "So a trip to the UCAS and then back into the CAS and us without Visa's for either. We're looking at either buying some which will probably put a dent in our profits or border jumping which makes this run a whole lot harder. Thoughts?"

    "I'll get in contact with a friend after I leave. I'll keep you updated."


    "Jbar: I think my irl passport's still good. All I've got atm. I'll see if anybody I know knows anybody.
    Silk: K, same here.
    You guys think Mr. J is playing straight with us?
    -gK
    "

    She also speaks aloud: "Kansas City's about ten hours and a border crossing away. Twenty-seven hours should be enough to get there and make the pickup if things go smooth. The tricky part's the border crossing, especially coming back." Beth looks around at the rest of the group. "Think we got this?"
    Snickett avatar by me.

    I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Jbar smiled and nodded at gK's calculation while simultaneously reading the text that had popped up on his shade. "That's about what I was guessing myself. Doesn't leave a whole lot of time for legwork or if things go wrong. But I think we got this, we can handle ourselves I'm sure," He adds in as a comment, with a slight nod toward Kikuchiyo.

    Spoiler
    Show

    "Jbar: I think my irl passport's still good. All I've got atm. I'll see if anybody I know knows anybody.
    Silk: K, same here.
    You guys think Mr. J is playing straight with us?
    -gK"


    Then texts back to the group,"Probably not, but do they ever? Let's just hope he's not playing it too crooked and we should be fine. I can also look around for some quick visa's for us as well, but we'll have to do it quick, if gK's calculations are rights. If everyone's in agreement I say let's take it. I think that's all the questions I can ask without crossing any lines"
    Last edited by Daravon_35; 2011-03-22 at 09:30 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Levyathyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Koganusān, "Boatmurdered"
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Eric types a quick reply. I'm game.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Afterwards, he picks Alexis' commcode from his contacts and sends her a short message as well; Give me call when you can. I've got some things I might need your help with.


    Outwardly, he seems engrossed and utterly relaxed. "I'm sure we'll be fine." He says simply.
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2011-03-26 at 02:29 PM.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

    Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Where am I?
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Jim leans back in his seat and grins.

    "Slipping past border patrol with contraband, unknown opposition, and volatile substances? Sounds like my kind of party! Count me in."

    He leans back, discreetly looking to the runners sitting around him. Seeing no unfavorable looks, he offers his hand to Mr. Johnson to shake.
    "You can't stop me. No one can stop me; not even me, and I'm me!"

    (Un)official Muscle-for-Hire of AMEN

    Official Gestalt Fighter//Cleric of The Snake for House Kato.

    "PC's aren't the most powerful people in the world, they're just in the right place at the right time".
    -Shadowdemon_lord, on PCs

    Where there's smoke, there's fire. Or a smoke-making machine.

    Before anyone asks, I didn't know what it meant when I put it in my username. Do NOT ask.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BudgetDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Mr. Johnson takes Jim hand and shakes it.
    He then hands over a Credstick and a piece of synthpaper with an address on it.
    He then sits and waits while the runners check that the Credstick contains the promised amount. Once that is confirmed he leaves.

    I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Jbar looks over at the rest of the group before saying anything as the dwarf Mr. Johnson disappears. "Well looks like we got a job," he says, with his usual smile plastered across his face.

    "It seems we're racing against the clock, so I suggest we see what we can do to find visa's, maybe an hour at most and then meet up and head out. If we have visa's then great, if not, looks like we're doing it the hard way." The smile on his face widens into a grin as those final words trickle from his lips.

    Then before he gets up he starts texting to one of his contacts. "Hey Franky, it's me Jbar. I'm looking to score a couple of visa's for some friends of mine and myself. They need to be able to get us into the UCAS and then back to the CAS. Think you could help me out? This is time sensitive, an hour or longer and it'll be too late. Five total. Thanks, either way."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Franky is my fixer contact Loyalty 4, Connection 5

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BudgetDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Daravon_35 View Post
    "Hey Franky, it's me Jbar. I'm looking to score a couple of visa's for some friends of mine and myself. They need to be able to get us into the UCAS and then back to the CAS. Think you could help me out? This is time sensitive, an hour or longer and it'll be too late. Five total. Thanks, either way."
    Franky texts back, "I don't think Fastjack himself could get you visa in an hour. The best I can swing is 12 hours, and those would run you „450 each. „600 if you want the deluxe model. And that's only because you're a pal. However, I can get you the commcode of a coyote in 30 seconds for „200."

    I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Telasi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    "Well then, time to get to work. I'll see what I can get." greyKnight sends a pair of texts, spoilered below.

    Spoiler
    Show
    "Spider, looking for visas for 5 or a coyote who'll cross the UCAS border, need them tonight. Got anything? -gK" Spider is a fixer. Loyalty 2, connection 3.

    "Mick, can you help me out? I need to get some crates across the UCAS border tonight, and figured you might be able to help me. If you can hook me up with anything or anyone who can help, that would be great. Thanks, greyKnight" Mick is a mechanic specializing in less than legal work, things like arming drones or smuggling mods. Loyalty 3, connection 2.


    After sending off her messages, Beth turns back to the rest of the group. "Any luck, chummers?"

    She also pulls up her mapsoft and starts looking for the best route to take. If there's a good Missouri mapsoft available on the Matrix, she'll download that to use as well.
    Snickett avatar by me.

    I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BudgetDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Spider texts greyKnight back,
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Unless you managed to come into a huge windfall since I last saw you, 5 visas tonight is out of your price range. „300 will get you a coyote thought."


    Mick replies,
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It would take me about a month to install something in that van of yours, but for „100 I can connect you will a guy I know who has a drone that has this job written all over it."


    greyKnight's Matrix search turns up a Missouri mapsoft with all the bells and whistles* for „30.

    Just then an ARO appears to Eric.
    "Incoming Call: Alexis [Accept/Reject]"

    *
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mapsoft 6
    Last edited by BudgetDM; 2011-03-23 at 02:07 AM.

    I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Levyathyn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Koganusān, "Boatmurdered"
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Silk

    Eric smiles and taps the hovering indicator. He pinches the corners of the display with his AR-enabled gloves and spreads the call into a large viewpane.

    After a second, Alexis appears, sitting at her desk, tapping the side of her glasses casually. "Hey doll." He says playfully. She does not appear amused. "I got a few things I'd like you to look into for me, if you can spare the time." He says, mouthing the words quietly into his subvocal mic. "I need you to see if you've got any available travel Visas for a small group of people. We're going to be shipping goods across borders, into the UCAS and back." He says.

    "Secondly, I need you to stick that beautiful ear to the ground out here, see if anyone's been looking to hire a team for a similar goal. the Johnson has reason to suspect some kind of group is going to be after us. He didn't seem worried, but the way he described these guys, they sound like professionals. I figure you might be able to shed some light, so to speak. While you're at it, if you can arrange me a spare cargo truck or small warehouse or maybe a storage shed for the next couple of days, I wouldn't be averse to it." He adds with a smirk. "Something secure, and of course, you can expect anything back in good condition."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I am, of course, going to try being my charming self, to see if she can pull some extra strings.
    Last edited by Levyathyn; 2011-03-23 at 04:05 AM.
    All glory to Vrythas in regards to my snazzy AD&D Game Master avatar.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reserve AD&D Game Master avatar by wxdruid

    Oh star fall down on me
    Let me make a wish upon you
    Hold on, let me think
    Think of what I'm wishing for

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daravon_35's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetDM View Post
    Franky texts back, "I don't think Fastjack himself could get you visa in an hour. The best I can swing is 12 hours, and those would run you „450 each. „600 if you want the deluxe model. And that's only because you're a pal. However, I can get you the commcode of a coyote in 30 seconds for „200."
    Jbar texts back to Franky, "Yeah I knew it was a long shot with such a short time constraint. I appreciate the effort anyways though and yeah I'll take you up on that commcode, never hurts to know a coyote. Thanks again, I owe you one." Jbar then transfers the „200 to Franky.

    Jbar looks up at the rest of the group,"Well I can't get us any visa's that quick, best I could find would be in 12 hours, although that could be good for the return trip back into the CAS, cost us about „450 each. Also I should at least be getting the commcode of a coyote who can probably help us. Anyone else have any luck yet?"

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Telasi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Daravon_35 View Post
    "Well I can't get us any visa's that quick, best I could find would be in 12 hours, although that could be good for the return trip back into the CAS, cost us about „450 each. Also I should at least be getting the commcode of a coyote who can probably help us. Anyone else have any luck yet?"
    "Twelve hours to get visas isn't too bad; leaves us fifteen to get there before pickup time. Like I said, the drive's about ten hours on average, and it might be possible to shave that down. I'm working on that now. In other news, I've got offers for a coyote and a drone that I'm told is perfect for this run. I'll check out the drone, see if it's what we need. I'm worried on pricing there, though; drones can get expensive real fast." While she's talking, greyKnight downloads the mapsoft and replies to the texts she's received.

    Spoiler
    Show

    "Maybe later. „300 is a bit more than I want to pay for a commcode right now. Thanks anyway. -gK"
    "Thanks, Mick. I'll transfer the yen for that drone guy of yours. -greyKnight" Beth sends the „100 along to Mick's account.
    Snickett avatar by me.

    I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BudgetDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shadowrun 4e: Smugglin' Run [IC]

    Alexis pauses to consider the list of Eric's requests.

    "I can do the visas, but I hope you have time to wait. Official documents require a lot of lead time. I should be able to find you a truck or warehouse, for a small service charge of course. On which side of the UCAS/CAS border do you want? Now about putting my 'beautiful' ear to the ground, if these guys are the pros that you think they're it could be a bit risky for me, so I'll need „200 up front. Plus a bit more information on the run. Info on Mr. Johnson won't hurt."

    I think by this point everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •