New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Touhou II: Story of an Eastern Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EifieFlare View Post
    This. Oh so much this. I regret massacring the computer now just because it's gotten me into the habit of rushing and mashing out combos like a berserk idiot. You can get away with straight-up offense against the computer because it's so terrible with defense and stops guarding in the middle of blocks to let you hit it, but doing that against people will usually only net you a punch/kick/weapon/bullet/spell/other to the face.
    It is actually really nice to know that I'm not good. I am not sure why it is reassuring that I'm not competent. Perhaps someone could tell me the protocol for getting better/playing other people?

EDIt: By which I mean actually arranging to play them, not the technical things, which are on the tenth page.
    Last edited by cezyou; 2011-04-26 at 03:36 PM.
    I don't really have anything to put here.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cezyou View Post
    It is actually really nice to know that I'm not good. I am not sure why it is reassuring that I'm not competent. Perhaps someone could tell me the protocol for getting better/playing other people?

EDIt: By which I mean actually arranging to play them, not the technical things, which are on the tenth page.
    Not sure what you mean by "not the technical things," but if you're looking for people to play, you can always just go to a Soku lobby in Tunngle and ask for a game. Everyone here usually pops in there every so often as well, so just check for yourself to see if anyone's available I guess. I'm sure random people wouldn't mind playing either, if they're not doing so already.
    Last edited by EifieFlare; 2011-04-26 at 03:56 PM.
    Youmu "Myon" Konpaku avatar by Prime32, avatar creator extraordinaire!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Not sure what you mean by "not the technical things,"
    By "technical things" I meant things like copying the IP and adding 10800 to it for use in Soku. Things you explained to my fellow lurker.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure what you mean by "not the technical things," but if you're looking for people to play, you can always just go to a Soku lobby in Tunngle and ask for a game. Everyone here usually pops in there every so often as well, so just check for yourself to see if anyone's available I guess. I'm sure random people wouldn't mind playing either, if they're not doing so already.
    If your really desperete to find people to play with you could go to #hisouten on irc.rizon.net. Theres like a billion people on there (ok, more like a hundred, but still)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

So I created a list of my favorite Touhou Doujins on my iPod since I got tired of picking the dozen or so single songs I liked out of all the rest.

Then I started listening to the playlist every day.

And I have not gotten tired of it, nor any of the songs on it. I love them that much.

So, I shall share with you all...

Volatar's Top 15 Favorite Touhou Doujins

Sound Holic - Magical China Express (Extend-T Mix)
    This is the song that first got me listening to Touhou music. My friend Kuraitou linked it to me after I expressed frustration at finding music I liked. I loved it, and have been expanding my musical horizons ever since.

ALiCE'S EMOTiON - Sleeping Beauty
    One of the first vocal pieces I liked (and the first Necrofantasia remix on this list. First of many.). For a while I had only paid attention to non-vocal songs, but that took so many great songs out of the running eventually I had to realize that vocals can be a good thing. And this song demonstrates that fact.
    Additionally, the original upload of this song that I found (which is now gone for some reason, so you get a new one) used this image, which became the basis for my forum avatar.

Sound Online - Buzzing Dissonance
    This song is completely different than the other 14 songs on this list. Instramental Techno, its one of those songs that, had I found when I had been anti-vocals, I would have loved. I still love it even though I found it later. :)

Alstroemeria Records - Story of the End
    When I first heard this song (yet another Necrofantasia remix) I didn't like it. Then I came back to it later, and gave it another listen, and something clicked, and I put it on my favorites list. Coming back to it and dwelling on the question of why I like this song (It takes something special for me to like a song with so much bass), I realized that I like it because, honestly, I find it... sexy. Man does that feel weird to type. I never call anything sexy, but thats the honest truth here.

White Elephant - Take it to the Limiting
    I grabbed the album this song was on for an entirely different song, and then discovered this one. Instant hit. It also introduced me to Sanae (who I had not encountered before, having only played Imperishable Night and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody).

Sound Holic - Dial Connected
    Kuraitou linked me this song, saying that I had to listen to it right then. He was right, this song is totally awesome. I was curious though, as it was not on any of the Sound Holic albums I had. (I had 4) I then looked, and found that they had no less than 23(!) albums out. I was very behind (and am still behind, just looked, they now have 24. These people are crazy!)

IRUS - D.E.L
    This one is another weird one for me. I generally don't like songs with this much bass, but I quite like this version of Necrofantasia.

FPR - ~StarDust~
    Yet another Sanae song that I discovered. This one is really, really pleasant to listen to.

StudioK2 - ネクロファンタジア
    Yet another Necrofantasia mix I found through related links on Youtube. I love the guitar in this one.

WAVE - Devine Purple
    This is the most epic of all the Necrofantasia versions out there. Orchestral. Booming. It's so different than other remixes but oh so awesome.

Tutti Sound - Beautiful Moonlight
    Cogwheel showed me this one. The whole album is great but this song (the last song in the album) just caps it off awesomely.

False & Trues - 4-dimension
    I can't even behind to describe this song (which is a Necrofantasia remix; yes, another one), But I love it :)

Necro Fantasia -Drop Zone MIX-
    I have no idea what group this is by, and I have not heard a single other song like it. But man is it good.

World's End
    Yeah, everyone loves this one, but I have to include it. It really is as good as advertised.

Sound.AVE - Ark
    And to round things off I present this song. I found this when I grabbed the album that the two songs from World's End are from (Lotus). I then listened to the entirety of the album (which has a lot of weird stuff on it). This song, on first listen, was the MOST weird of the album. On second listen I loved it (I seem to do that a lot don't I?). It has a flow that just works so well, even though it seems weird and random as can be first listen.

There you go. Thats my top 15 Touhou Doujin's. Hope you enjoyed :)

EDIT: Oh, yeah, here is it in Youtube playlist form: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...22A17C7A142050
    Last edited by Volatar; 2011-04-27 at 12:07 AM.
    My Twitter

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    WAVE - Devine Purple
    This is the most epic of all the Necrofantasia versions out there. Orchestral. Booming. It's so different than other remixes but oh so awesome.

Tutti Sound - Beautiful Moonlight
    Cogwheel showed me this one. The whole album is great but this song (the last song in the album) just caps it off awesomely.
    You're welcome I think I remember linking the Necrofantasia remix to you as well, at least.

Also, while that wouldn't be my favourite of that album, it is really good.

Cezyou: I'm up for a match most of the time. Or training, if you prefer that.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2011-04-26 at 11:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

Oh by the way, something I've been intending to link to - a set of sprite sheets for just about everything in Hisoutensoku. Really interesting for catching details that go by too fast to catch in ordinary gameplay, such as:

Sakuya's backdash includes a quick backflip.
    Suika's mini-Suika special causes her to wince slightly whenever she pulls her own hair out (now I feel kinda bad for spamming it all the time )
    If hit in the air, more than half the cast always land on their head.
    Patchouli Knowledge avatar courtesy of the skillful Prime32.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    YCezyou: I'm up for a match most of the time. Or training, if you prefer that.
    Either one. I'll still lose/get better/have fun. I live in the EST time zone, though, and you're in Japan, I believe. Or somewhere else far away from me, so time wise I'm not sure.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Either one. I'll still lose/get better/have fun. I live in the EST time zone, though, and you're in Japan, I believe. Or somewhere else far away from me, so time wise I'm not sure.
    Oh, I'm up at crazy times, so I play against plenty of people in that time zone. Not an issue.

I also have a unique interpretation of training people. You'll see.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Well then, if time zone is no object, should the 'train'ing (I've read the thread) be arranged through PMs or some such device like Tunngle?

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Well then, if time zone is no object, should the 'train'ing (I've read the thread) be arranged through PMs or some such device like Tunngle?
    I generally prefer Steam chat or the "let me know whenever we're both on Tunngle" method.

And I'm on it now, for the record.

Also, you've been warned. Good.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yay trains and their unblockability (Pbth, I was going to make a mistake at some point, I was sort of surprised by how well I was doing).

But yeah, I'm horrible and I knew it even before training (and the frog attack, too). Cause I learned all of my play from what works against the computer and the computer does not fly all over the place or (constructively) criticize my spellcard selection.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Pixie in the Playground

EifieFlare, add me on steam already so we can hook up for a game. =|

14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphian View Post
    EifieFlare, add me on steam already so we can hook up for a game. =|
    I would if Steam didn't require me to have some registered games in my library first. Trying to accept otherwise only leads me to a message and page telling me that I have to activate/buy a game off Steam first before "additional features" can be used. I could've sworn that that wasn't there a couple years ago.

But anyway, I can just send you a PM or something to let you know when I'm around. I'm going to be busy until at least tomorrow, so you might have to wait a day. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Also, replays! These are matches from the past couple of days, although I didn't save some of the matches (I'm pretty sure we both won one game each out of the missing rounds). Anyone who feels like recording these, go crazy. There should be 13 replays, if anyone's wondering.
    Last edited by EifieFlare; 2011-04-28 at 05:04 PM.
    Youmu "Myon" Konpaku avatar by Prime32, avatar creator extraordinaire!

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

I would if Steam didn't require me to have some registered games in my library first. Trying to accept otherwise only leads me to a message and page telling me that I have to activate/buy a game off Steam first before "additional features" can be used. I could've sworn that that wasn't there a couple years ago.
    That requirement wasn't there a few years ago. They added it to stop spambots, and its worked perfectly.

Did you get any of the Humble Indie Bundles? If you did, you can activate those on Steam and you now own games and can chat.
    My Twitter

16. - Top - End - #316
    Pixie in the Playground

But anyway, I can just send you a PM or something to let you know when I'm around. I'm going to be busy until at least tomorrow, so you might have to wait a day. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Also, replays! These are matches from the past couple of days, although I didn't save some of the matches (I'm pretty sure we both won one game each out of the missing rounds). Anyone who feels like recording these, go crazy. There should be 13 replays, if anyone's wondering.
    You can also log onto the Hisoutensoku IRC using mibbit to call me out.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't mean to be a pest, but can I get an Utsuho avatar? Also, really enjoying playing with you guys, just wished more people were on earlier in the day.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raroy View Post
    I don't mean to be a pest, but can I get an Utsuho avatar? Also, really enjoying playing with you guys, just wished more people were on earlier in the day.
    I'll see what I can do.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry I'm not on Tunngle more often, but in order to connect to everyone, I need to reset my port forwarding every time, and well, I'm kinda lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    HATE. LOTS OF HATE. DIRECTED AT YOU, DRIZVOLTA. OH GOD MY MIND.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Well, I think the solution is clear. Don't download Steam if you don't have legs.
    Thank you Prime32 for the Rumia avatar!

20. - Top - End - #320

Played my matches with Kamiye, replays here. Just a touch of lag, but it was an exciting couple of matches. Spoiler:

Spoiler
    Show
    2-1 in KBF's favor.
    Last edited by KBF; 2011-05-03 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post
    Played my matches with Kamiye, replays here. Just a touch of lag, but it was an exciting couple of matches. Spoiler:

Spoiler
    Show
    2-1 in KBF's favor.
    Well, I guess that means I'll be facing you next. Excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    HATE. LOTS OF HATE. DIRECTED AT YOU, DRIZVOLTA. OH GOD MY MIND.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Well, I think the solution is clear. Don't download Steam if you don't have legs.
    Thank you Prime32 for the Rumia avatar!

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KBF View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    2-1 in KBF's favor.
    Cog was right. You're scary.

In less scary news, I probably shouldn't have, but I got myself Tunngle as well.
    Last edited by Jm2c; 2011-05-04 at 08:22 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Associate View Post
    In less scary news, I probably shouldn't have, but I got myself Tunngle as well.
    What's that? Another sacrifice, you say? Excellent.

And yeah, KBF, like Eifie, is basically a superpowered force of nature.

Honestly Driz should probably be on that list too. I have yet to get over the ridiculously clever teleport tricks.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2011-05-04 at 08:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now that I've successfully and cunningly changed the topic, is this error (1-102) thing a bad sign?
    (1-102): Possible connection troubles.
    Your router NAT configuration could hamper the Tunngle abilityto establish successful P2P connections with the other users.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Now that I've successfully and cunningly changed the topic, is this error (1-102) thing a bad sign?
    Maybe? Never seen it before. Going by what it said, considering it says "could", I'd wait and see if it actually causes any trouble.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

If you aren't able to play message me on Steam (I am "[ChHa] Volatar" on it) and I can probably help you fix it.
    My Twitter

27. - Top - End - #327

And yeah, KBF, like Eifie, is basically a superpowered force of nature.
    eye'm the strongest.

On a unrelated note and almost embarrassing note, I've uploaded my matches with Kamiye here.

EDIT: Oh, and Eifie, could you get in contact with SC? And have Anonymoose and Dispozition played yet?
    Last edited by KBF; 2011-05-06 at 11:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

28. - Top - End - #328
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raroy View Post
    Update for you; I'm about half done or so at this point. I'll have more time on the weekend as then I won't need to worry about classes as much then.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maybe? Never seen it before. Going by what it said, considering it says "could", I'd wait and see if it actually causes any trouble.
    Yeah, I suppose we'll see.
    For the record, if anyone sees a Jm2c on Tunngle or Justm2c on Steam, that's yours truly.

In unrelated news, from the same artist who made Flandre's Sherbet (miscast_mage posted about it, I believe), there's a doujin called Cirno the Stall Manager on Danbooru as of recently (or, more accurately, it appears to have been up for a while, but I only just noticed it today). As the name suggests, it's about Cirno setting up a shaved ice stall. And Tenshi's not a jerk or a masochist.

30. - Top - End - #330

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8553/img2979x.jpg
    (kinda sexualised, may not wanna look at this)

Cirno+really embarrassing outfit+breasts = Metalion? Oh Konami, you so crazy.
    Last edited by SparkMandriller; 2011-05-06 at 02:15 PM.