New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Touhou II: Story of an Eastern Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBlack View Post
    Oh wow. Here I came prepared to help prevent some kind of disaster and I find it all solved and working. Great job Volatar
    Corrections bolded.

Now I must resist the temptation to grab the files and a precon and start messing with it, at least until tomorrow evening. Damn exams.

Good luck!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Porting a set from Magic Set Editor to Lackey, The Guide

Because I hate Googling and finding "oh, I fixed the problem" with no details.

Spoiler
    Show

First, grab and install this plugin. Don't follow his directions though. Those are out of date.

In MSE, go to File -> Export -> HTML -> LackeyCCG. Name the set something easy to work with. For this example I will be naming by set "thmtg". Replace with your set name.

Save the files somewhere. Doesn't matter, you will move them. Open them up. You will have a "thmtg.txt" file, and a "thmtg-files" folder. Rename the folder to just "thmtg".

Now you need Lackey, and the Magic The Gathering Plugin for it. This guide will add your set to the existing Magic card list.

Once that's all on your computer and working, go to your Lackey Folder wherever it is. Mine is named "LackeyCCG" You will be moving your set files in now.

Place your "thmtg.txt" file under "LackeyCCG\plugins\magic\sets"
    Place your "thmtg" folder inside "LackeyCCG\plugins\magic\sets\setimages"

Now go back up to "LackeyCCG\plugins\magic". Open "ListOfCardDataFiles.txt" in notepad. Add your set file.

Example:

<listofcarddatafiles>

<filetoinclude>thmtg.txt</filetoinclude>
    <filetoinclude>allcards.txt</filetoinclude>

</listofcarddatafiles>
    Looks like you're done? You aren't. It still isn't working. Yeah, I know. I banged my head on this wall for a long time.

Now, there is one last step. A key step that no one on the web seems to have figured out. Everything before here was gathered from various forum posts. This part is what I figured out.

Go back to "LackeyCCG\plugins\magic\sets". Open your set file (mine is "thmtg.txt") IN EXCEL. Yes, you heard me. Excel. It works. (LibreOffice or whatever should work as well for free. I have not tested it though.)

Check it out. This file looks real nice in Excel doesn't it? That makes it really easy. Inset a column between Rarity and Text. Name the Column "Sound" (with no quotation marks). Save. Tell Excel, "Yes, I do want to keep this format."

Now, Open Lackey. Your cards should now be there. Yay!

You will now be imcompatible for multiplayer play with anyone who is not working with the exact same sets of cards as you. I suggest keeping multiple installs of Lackey around, named as you wish. When giving sets to a friend, just zip up your whole working Lackey folder and send them it. The folder in the end is only 40mb, 25ish mb zipped. Very easy to throw around.
    Last edited by Volatar; 2012-05-28 at 07:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you, Volatar. Should be able to handle updates myself from now on.

Construct precon
    Spoiler
    Show

10 island
    6 swamp
    4 Eientei
    4 Ring of the False Night
    3 Alice Margatroid
    3 Alice's Workshop
    3 Dismantle
    3 Kogasa
    3 Shanghai
    3 Hourai
    3 Medicine
    4 Festive Puppet
    4 Dolls' War
    2 Eirin's Ingenuity
    3 Enforced Silence
    2 Maple Leaf Fan

Edit: ERRATA: This is just to hold until the next update, in a week or so. Shanghai mentions dolls. Disregard this, I wrote the card while veeeery tired. I mean constructs.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2012-05-28 at 02:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

Burning Curiosity OP. Nerf NOW!

Anyways, Cog is now busy, but I am up for games with others. I want to see how my Human deck fares against some of these other decks. Poke me on Steam.
    Last edited by Volatar; 2012-05-28 at 02:52 PM.
    My Twitter

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    Burning Curiosity OP. Nerf NOW!

Anyways, Cog is now busy, but I am up for games with others. I want to see how my Human deck fares against some of these other decks. Poke me on Steam.
    But I gave you all those free caaaaaaards.

Also, Volatar learned first hand that faeries are big nasty meaniefaces or something.

Or swarms of really tiny nasty meaniefaces I guess.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, Volatar learned first hand that faeries are big nasty meaniefaces or something.

Or swarms of really tiny nasty meaniefaces I guess.
    No kidding.

Still trying to figure out a way to balance those infinite (nearly) free counterspells though.
    My Twitter

7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground

No kidding.

Still trying to figure out a way to balance those infinite (nearly) free counterspells though.
    WotC printed something that's pretty much the same but better some time ago. It's great, but not broken. It can certainly be dealt with.

I know, wizards don't have tokens or untapping shenanigans. Blue/white merfolk wizards do, so the comparison is surprisingly simple.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

8. - Top - End - #608
    Orc in the Playground

The answer is, of course, uncounterable Wraths.

Also, brb, sideboarding Hijiri just to deal with "free cards" shenanig- wait, I'm gonna be playing tengu, right? Damn.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Geez. When Constructs vs Oni happens, and neither side draws any game changing cards for 30 turns, things get weird.

Screenshot at the end of said multi-hour game: http://i.imgur.com/jbr5C.jpg
    Last edited by Volatar; 2012-05-28 at 06:40 PM.
    My Twitter

10. - Top - End - #610
    Troll in the Playground

Burning Curiosity is on the fix list. Probably increase colour weight and CMC or reduce the damage (to something still hand size-based). Hina may be due a slight nerf as well, but I'll wait until she actually sees play/gets tested somewhat.

Some wording fixes too.

That said, please don't expect a patch for, say, another week or so. It's going to be a busy few days, and I'm something of a wreck after the nonstop work on this, so at the risk of sounding rather selfish, I could use a short break.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

That said, please don't expect a patch for, say, another week or so. It's going to be a busy few days, and I'm something of a wreck after the nonstop work on this, so at the risk of sounding rather selfish, I could use a short break.
    No one expects a patch for at least a week, so no worries. If you push out patches more frequent than weekly everyone will find themselves on different versions of the files and weird things will happen.
    My Twitter

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

To everyone who has told me Cirno shouldn't be red, I offer my counterpoint: A bigger, scalier Cirno. The Snow supertype lets you get away with a lot.

I would prefer to use snow mana, yes. That said, there was enough space for one set of basic lands, and in the absence of any other snow stuff, making all the basics snow-covered would just be silly.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

13. - Top - End - #613
    Firbolg in the Playground

Burning Curiosity is on the fix list. Probably increase colour weight and CMC or reduce the damage (to something still hand size-based). Hina may be due a slight nerf as well, but I'll wait until she actually sees play/gets tested somewhat.

Some wording fixes too.

Cog, take two weeks. You deserve it.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

*Looks up some MtG stuff*
    Expect these suggestions not to make a lot of sense.

Spoiler
    Show
    What's the feasibility of a Reimu/Yorihime effect which lets you equip them with normally-expensive Avatars to gain a boost and become their colour, or reduce their mana cost in return for them dying if their "conduit" does?

Considered giving Mokou an effect which forces her to attack enemy Kaguyas?

Mini-Hakkero seems like it could equip to a creature and grant it Red mana, or maybe have a Splice effect.
    (there was more than one model, so multiple cards are possible )

Dragon God Statue - Change the colour of 1 of your mana each turn?

Kappa Construction Project - Play when you control at least 2 Turtle Youkai Artificers; gain a land, take damage.

Secret History Society - Return a Human creature from your graveyard to your hand.

Genji - Flying, Vanishing; One other creature you control gains Flying.

Kasen Ibaraki - Reach; Your Beasts gain Flash; Expend mana to grant Kasen Deathtouch/anti-regeneration for 1 turn?

Yuuka Kazami - Intimidate; Starts off tapped and not very strong for her cost; has a single-use Tap effect which permanently increases her power.

Maribel Hearn - Flickering; Yukari Yakumo gains "Maribel Hearn Offering".

Renko Usami - Pathetic stats, but gains +1/+1 if you control a Maribel Hearn. Forecast: Choose one type of basic land; for 1 turn you are considered to have a land of that type in play for effects which require it.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2012-05-29 at 01:58 PM.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    *Looks up some MtG stuff*
    Expect these suggestions not to make a lot of sense.

Spoiler
    Show
    What's the feasibility of a Reimu/Yorihime effect which lets you equip them with normally-expensive Avatars to gain a boost and become their colour, or reduce their mana cost in return for them dying if their "conduit" does?

Considered giving Mokou an effect which forces her to attack enemy Kaguyas?

Mini-Hakkero seems like it could equip to a creature and grant it Red mana, or maybe have a Splice effect.
    (there was more than one model, so multiple cards are possible )

Dragon God Statue - Change the colour of 1 of your mana each turn?

Kappa Construction Project - Play when you control at least 2 Turtle Youkai Artificers; gain a land, take damage.

Secret History Society - Return a Human creature from your graveyard to your hand.

Genji - Flying, Vanishing; One other creature you control gains Flying.

Kasen Ibaraki - Reach; Your Beasts gain Flash; Expend mana to grant Kasen Deathtouch/anti-regeneration for 1 turn?

Yuuka Kazami - Intimidate; Starts off tapped and not very strong for her cost; has a single-use Tap effect which permanently increases her power.

Maribel Hearn - Flickering; Yukari Yakumo gains "Maribel Hearn Offering".

Renko Usami - Pathetic stats, but gains +1/+1 if you control a Maribel Hearn. Forecast: Choose one type of basic land; for 1 turn you are considered to have a land of that type in play for effects which require it.
    First off, the set's kinda done. In fact, a coupe of those cards exist. Hakkero, Reimu, Kaguya, Mokou and Yuuka come to mind. They're fairly different from what you're thinking of, though.

The rest... not really ideas I can see myself using. Maybe the mana-filter effect, though it might get ignored over the rings. What's the reasoning for Kasen? I don't really know the character, so the Deathtouch it in particular confuses me.

The enchantment-creatures idea seems interesting, though. I'll think about it if I do an expansion, thanks.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

16. - Top - End - #616
    Troll in the Playground

Lifedrinker is scary.

Also I am beginning to wonder if Suika is better than Yuugi. Unsure. Probably only if your opponent's board is empty.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

17. - Top - End - #617
    Orc in the Playground

Lifedrinker is scary.
    Very.

Also I am beginning to wonder if Suika is better than Yuugi. Unsure. Probably only if your opponent's board is empty.
    Let's see:

- Yuugi dodges most black and red removal thanks to her regeneration, and can do so indefinitely as long as you keep her drunk. Suika dodges most removal because Shroud, but that also makes it more difficult to get her drunk(er). Then again, she can't make much use of it other than staying alive, and removing her one counter is kinda hard to do (again, Shroud).

- Both are dead to a Fantasy Seal (as is almost everything that goes into the red zone, really), but Suika dodges Demon Binding Circle, which is a huge bonus, since that's probably the best spot removal spell in the set.

- Suika is smaller and can't grow much beyond 12/12, while Yuugi can become ginourmous with a Barkeep or two keeping her supplied with alcohol. On the other hand, Suika can multiply herself as long as you have the mana for it (and now that I think of it... a legendary creature cloning itself? Uh...). That also allows her to dodge Passage to the Netherworld quite efficiently, something Yuugi can't do.

- Yuugi can deal with opposing armies easily, while Suika has to trample over them. Not that she cares.

So I'd say it's a matter of choosing between a single VERY big but somewhat fragile beatstick and an untouchable army of slightly smaller beatsticks. The both trample, so chump blockers aren't much of an issue in any case. Personally, if I could only play one of the two, I'd pick Suika.

Incidentally, if anyone playing this wants to try a non-tribal deck for a change, here's a UBW control deck I cooked two days ago. It needs some tweaks (mostly in the manabase, needs more basics and less duals to avoid PAIN), but it works decently enough so far.

Spoiler
    Show

4x Plains
    3x Island
    3x Swamp
    4x Eientei
    4x Hakugyokurou
    4x Sanzu River

3x Ring of the False Night
    3x Ring of the Peaceful Dead

3x Passage to the Netherworld
    4x Demon Binding Circle

2x Dancing on Strings
    4x Enforced Silence
    3x Enlightening Discussion
    3x Toyosatomimi no Miko
    2x Heartbreak Spear

3x Eirin's Ingenuity

3x Fantasy Seal

2x Eiki, Highest Judge of Paradise
    2x Scarlet Mist

2x Yukari Yakumo
    Last edited by NeonBlack; 2012-06-01 at 07:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Troll in the Playground

(and now that I think of it... a legendary creature cloning itself? Uh...)
    Oops.

10oops.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

In barely-related news, it was Cogwheel's Birthday yesterday.

So here's a cat :)

Spoiler
    Show

And here, have something amusing and Touhou related to go with it.
    My Twitter

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

What's the reasoning for Kasen? I don't really know the character, so the Deathtouch it in particular confuses me.
    She can summon/tame animals (Beasts->Flash). Her right arm can perma-kill spirits (Deathtouch/anti-regen), and can teleport short distances away from her (Reach).

So... if I posted a Yu-gi-oh set would anyone be interested?

21. - Top - End - #621
    Orc in the Playground

So, yesterday I picked up Double Spoiler for the first time in forever. I guess I woke up feeling vaguely masochistic or something like that. Anyway, I hadn't done much with that game before, so I stormed through stages 2 to 4 without much trouble, albeit with a few minor hiccups in the middle (I hate you too, Momiji) and some breaks to rest my aching left hand.

Then stage 5 happened. Or more exactly, stage 5-5 happened. In that stage Ichirin kind of stands there shooting vaguely annoying bursts of slow, yellow round bullets while Unzan hovers on the top half of the screen, spamming lasers all over the place in completely random patterns that tend to create huge and terribly hard to avoid clusters of pink death when you least expect them. So I spend like forty minutes cursing the manly cloud while eating lasers, and then somehow manage to squeeze through a minimal gap between his beams, finish loading the sixth and final picture and snap it. Cue fist-pumping and a very subdued shout (wasn't really looking forward to my family asking why I was screaming at the screen, to be honest).

Then I look at the final score.

Score: 49931 pts.
    Clear score: 50000 pts.

I've never been so glad to be a peaceful person, otherwise my monitor would now have a fist-shaped hole right in the middle. Best part is that I don't think I remember any attempt in which I managed three or more photos and scored under 60000, and yet somehow I managed to take six the one time that counted and not reach the cutoff point.

Needless to say, I decided to take a longer break after that.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground

DOWNLOAD FIXED. If you got the one previously in this post, get the new one. The old one logs you in as me.

Here are the updates.

Windows version.

Mac version

I have NO IDEA if the mac version works. It exists, but I don't know if it's a working program or a pile of digital wreckage.

Changed:

- Sundry wording. Stuff that was straight-up wrong (looking at you, Suika).
    - Breath of Autumn's ability now costs 1 more.
    - Distracting Swarm now has a cap to how many faeries you can tap for its ability.
    - Burning Curiosity reworked a great deal.
    - Art for Daitengu Loremaster, Pitch-Wing Deceiver, Soul of the Flock, courtesy of Memnarch. Art for Star Maelstrom and Tengu Murder-Captain was going to be added, but I forgot. Sorry about that.

Unchanged:

- Other balance stuff. This is a quick patch. I'm not comfortable with changing other stuff on so little testing.

Side notes and errata:

- Breath of Autumn and Distracting Swarm were nerfed not because they're overpowered (Patron Wizard and Surgespanner, their base cards, are powerful but not broken), but because they're really, amazingly tiresome and can often lock people down a fair bit. It's to conserve sanity, not balance. Sorry, blue.

- There's been some confusion over Meiling's ability. When it says "can't be prevented from blocking by spells and abilities" (paraphrased), that includes stuff like Flying, Shadow, and being outright unblockable. If it exists, Meiling can block it. It's not really open to debate.

How to install (applies only to the windows version):

Unpack. Play. Simple as that. Don't attempt to mix with your current download, I don't know if that works. Instead, if you want to keep previous decks, go to LackeyCCG>plugins>magic>decks, copy that folder from your old Lackey folder, and put it in the appropriate folder for the new one.

Usual disclaimers for not being able to play against people with different versions of the magic plugin apply. This includes people with old versions of the set.

Known issues:

The deck editor, thanks to unicode issues, treats the dash for subtypes (creature types, equipment etc.) as E. Except typing E accordingly will turn up nothing. The same is true for the apostrophe in dolls' war.

Roukanken has its type as eqipment, while Pesterhoard is a creatre.

Temporary solutions: Search for shorthand (doll instead of dolls' war, beast instead of creature - beast, etc.) for the first one.

For the second one, I was tired and stupid and now I am sorry. This will be fixed in the next patch.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2012-06-22 at 11:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Just finished a little project of mine.

So many Touhou album covers suck, are scanned in low quality or resolution, aren't square, or are just plain NSFW. This frustrates me to no end. Album covers become the recognizable feature when album names are in Japanese.

So I went through my Touhou image collection and made a set of album covers out of the good ones. Then I went through my Youtube playlist and picked out the best images from those videos, and reverse image searched for the best quality versions I could find.

I ended up with 29 covers in total, all images are over 600x600 (90% of them are 640x640, perfect for iphones).

Imgur album of them all.

Zip for easy download.

There's a few hours worth of work there, even though it doesn't necessarily look like it. I made sure to find and use the highest quality source images possible.

Yes, a few characters dominate the lineup. Especially Yuyuko. This is just because I have a lot of good images of those characters.

I use mp3tag to manage my music tags and art.
    Last edited by Volatar; 2012-06-12 at 11:31 AM.
    My Twitter

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

EDIT: FIXED AGAIN. See below. Previous versions do not show cards from other sets.

BUGS FIXED. If you got an old version from this post (before this message went up), please redownload.

New Windows version of the set is up.

VERSION 3

Changes:

- Hallowed Night costs 1 less.
    - Verdant Reincarnation changed around somewhat.
    - Art for a few more cards.
    - New frames for land.
    - Bugs and typos from the previous update are now fixed.

There were going to be tokens added, but thanks to a few complications, that'll have to wait.

Needed:

- Someone who can port this to the OS X version of Lackey.
    - Testers. I cannot possibly stress this enough. It doesn't take any amazing skills or anything, just playing some matches and throwing complaints at me. There's been a complete lack of testing or any sort of feedback for a while, and I'm considering shelving the project at this rate, seeing as the inability to make serious changes or even see if they're needed has left it pretty much dead in the water.

Edit: Updated spoiler here.

Known Issues:

On the latest fix: For a less cumbersome method, grab this and put it in LackeyCCG>Plugins>Magic>Sets, replacing thmtg.txt
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2012-06-23 at 12:57 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

25. - Top - End - #625
    Firbolg in the Playground

If anyone cares to play a game, I'm on steam with as memnarch with the same avatar as here.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

When was the last time we had music in here anyways?

I think it's about time for some more. Here, have my current favorite song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6fptjw73ZM
    My Twitter

27. - Top - End - #627
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

Sound Holic takes the cake for hardest Audiosurf song I have ever found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzGL1OcW4n8
    My Twitter

29. - Top - End - #629
    Orc in the Playground

Sound Holic takes the cake for hardest Audiosurf song I have ever found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzGL1OcW4n8
    That's... intense, although I'd have to see it in normal Ninja Mono mode to really judge if it's really the hardest thing ever. What's the traffic density, by the way? I can see it in the high 300s at the very least.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

That's... intense, although I'd have to see it in normal Ninja Mono mode to really judge if it's really the hardest thing ever. What's the traffic density, by the way? I can see it in the high 300s at the very least.
    379 it seems.
    My Twitter