New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Touhou II: Story of an Eastern Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bit Fiend View Post
    I done it. I finally brought Yukari down! All hail me!!

...ok, I guess it's not that special as I bet I'm just one of many, but still I kinda felt the need to shout it out...
    Good job, I guess I'll keep raging at Chen then.

God damn Immortal Sage's Rumbling.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Mage View Post
    Good job, I guess I'll keep raging at Chen then.

God damn Immortal Sage's Rumbling.
    Heh, yeah, that one's a pain... I used to clear PCB on a daily basis and it still hits me every once in a while... luckily PCB gives you a lot of resources so it's perfectly fine to die on Chen and just keep going.
    We'll build a fortress
    To keep them out
    And in a world gone silent
    I'll be your sound

3. - Top - End - #693
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    UFO. EX-Kogasa is still basically a 1-2 bomb tax, and my current wall is Nue's Green UFO card (I know what to do, I just tend to derp it up). I think I'll be trying for SA after that.

[EDIT]: And cleared. With no lives, no bombs, 1.06 power, and a pair of spare red UFOs.
    Good job.

Must admit I have defeated only 3 extra bosses so far (4 if you count the Granny of Gaps) an Nue wasn't one of them. But from what I've seen in videos I doubt I'd get her down soon, lasers tend to screw me big time. (Plus I don't really like her character that much - I tend to only shoot at Girls I like )
    We'll build a fortress
    To keep them out
    I'll be your sound

4. - Top - End - #694

I think I'm getting the hang of Sage's Rumbling again. Now I get to rage at Foggy London Dolls and Shanghai.
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Look at the bright side: You can still make fun of Alice for Red Haired Dutch Dolls.
    We'll build a fortress
    To keep them out
    I'll be your sound

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, SA Extra promises to be ... SA Extra. Spent maybe 2 or 3 hours on it so far, seen Koishi's first card a grand total of 3 times, and never even survived the first wave of it. (Those fairies after Sanae are brutal)

In other news (which I don't see mentioned yet in the thread), 13.5 is appearing at Winter Comiket in some form. I haven't seen any hard evidence on whether it's the game or a demo (personally, my bets are on demo), but there will be little girls in frilly hats shooting lasers!

7. - Top - End - #697

Look at the bright side: You can still make fun of Alice for Red Haired Dutch Dolls.
    Oh, and there's Lyrica Prismriver too. If there is some emoticon for a combination of fear and fury, it would go here.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Mage View Post
    Oh, and there's Lyrica Prismriver too. If there is some emoticon for a combination of fear and fury, it would go here.
    I always aim for Lunasa as I find her the easiest. No need to mess with the others when you dont have to...

Well, SA Extra promises to be ... SA Extra. Spent maybe 2 or 3 hours on it so far, seen Koishi's first card a grand total of 3 times, and never even survived the first wave of it. (Those fairies after Sanae are brutal)

In other news (which I don't see mentioned yet in the thread), 13.5 is appearing at Winter Comiket in some form. I haven't seen any hard evidence on whether it's the game or a demo (personally, my bets are on demo), but there will be little girls in frilly hats shooting lasers!
    Hm, Koishi is rumored to be one of the easiest EX bosses so I guess the stage is the real trouble... haven't seen it myself yet though...

Yeah, 13.5 is coming but I'm not too excited... haven't played the fighters yet as I'm still more interested in the shooters... though admittedly smashing faces in with Hijirin sound like fun.
    We'll build a fortress
    To keep them out
    I'll be your sound

9. - Top - End - #699

Er. Uh. Wait. No, Merlin. God damn it Merlin.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

OK, got SWR and cleared the story mode. It'`s way too easy once you've got the hang of it but it's really a fun game. The dialogues are great (especially Yuyuko's as usual) so I think I'd change my mind and really look forward to 13.5 - Hopeless Masquerade...
    We'll build a fortress
    To keep them out
    I'll be your sound

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Short video of 13.5 gameplay.

The most interesting part (for me) was 1:08, where you can very clearly see the flying neutral state of the characters. I'm no fighting game aficionado, but that certainly seems like an interesting (and innovative?) change of pace.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Short video of 13.5 gameplay.

The most interesting part (for me) was 1:08, where you can very clearly see the flying neutral state of the characters. I'm no fighting game aficionado, but that certainly seems like an interesting (and innovative?) change of pace.
    Hm, the system sure looks fun. However it seems like it's less a case of free flight and more like a system whre you can jump down (as well as up) just as you can jump up in regular fighters. Still a cool idea though.

BTW, how's the battle with Hartmann's Youkai Girl going?

Edit: What I don't like though is the new art style. It looks rather serious compared to IaMP and SWR...
    Last edited by Bit Fiend; 2012-11-04 at 11:28 PM.
    We'll build a fortress
    To keep them out
    I'll be your sound

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I've seen Ancestors By Your Side a few more times, and I made it to her second card once. I proceeded to immediately faceplant on the kunai vortex trying to overdodge the orbs she fires.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Well, I've seen Ancestors By Your Side a few more times, and I made it to her second card once. I proceeded to immediately faceplant on the kunai vortex trying to overdodge the orbs she fires.
    Heh, that's what I love about extra bosses. In the early runs you die on spellcards you later consider breathers. I remember screwing up big time on Suwako's Two Bows, Two Claps, One Bow quite a few times before I found the right way to deal with it... good times...
    Last edited by Bit Fiend; 2012-11-05 at 12:21 AM. Reason: grammar
    We'll build a fortress
    To keep them out
    I'll be your sound

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh, that's what I love about extra bosses. In the early runs you die on spellcards you later consider breathers. I remember screwing up big time on Suwako's Two Bows, Two Claps, One Bow quite a few times before I found the right way to deal with it... good times...
    "Graze the blue" deal with it, or "Cheese it during the dialogue" deal with it?

16. - Top - End - #706
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

"Graze the blue" deal with it, or "Cheese it during the dialogue" deal with it?
    I was neither smart enough to find nor desperate enough to use the dialogue trick...
    We'll build a fortress
    To keep them out
    I'll be your sound

17. - Top - End - #707
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

I took a first look into the the IN extra tonight. EX Keine is pure rape in danmaku form. Still i lived to see Mokou's second spellcard, but then I took two phoenixes to the face...
    We'll build a fortress
    To keep them out
    I'll be your sound

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Kept struggling with SA Extra using Marisa/Alice, making it somewhat consistently to Koishi's last 2 or 3 cards. Decided to run Reimu/Yukari through to Extra on a lark.

Stomp my way through the first 3 stages, breeze (relatively) through 4 and 5, and then blow through Okuu more easily than I ever thought possible.

I then proceed to clear Koishi in one go with Reimu. Frantically bombing her very last pattern, of course, but clear nonetheless.

Which leaves me with PCB and EoSD Extras (ugh) and Phantasm (meh?). And then I really do just have to step it up to hard.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Kept struggling with SA Extra using Marisa/Alice, making it somewhat consistently to Koishi's last 2 or 3 cards. Decided to run Reimu/Yukari through to Extra on a lark.

Stomp my way through the first 3 stages, breeze (relatively) through 4 and 5, and then blow through Okuu more easily than I ever thought possible.

I then proceed to clear Koishi in one go with Reimu. Frantically bombing her very last pattern, of course, but clear nonetheless.

Which leaves me with PCB and EoSD Extras (ugh) and Phantasm (meh?). And then I really do just have to step it up to hard.
    Congrats on that one!

Now on to the classics, hm? EoSD shouldn't be much of a problem, but please don't use the hitbox patch. Not seing your hitbox is the only thing remotely challenging about EoSD...

PCB is a whole different story though...
    We'll build a fortress
    To keep them out
    I'll be your sound