New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: Avatar is Magic (also Adopt-a-Pony)

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    All right everypony I have a challenge for all you Ponytarists out there! Just like the order of the pony, i challenge you to create...

Left 4 Ponies!!
    I was fiddling about with ponies in Inkscape (still not satisfied enough to SHOW my work, or take requests) and I made an Ellis pony. I'm probably not going to show it until it's better though.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I was fiddling about with ponies in Inkscape (still not satisfied enough to SHOW my work, or take requests) and I made an Ellis pony. I'm probably not going to show it until it's better though.
    Pinkie: I ever tell you about the time me and-

Twilight: Pinkie? Is now the best time?

Or alternatively.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2011-04-11 at 11:02 AM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Pinkie: I ever tell you about the time me and-

Twilight: Pinkie? Is now the best time?

Or alternatively.
    Doubly alternatively
    "Did I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith had just got his cutie mark? It turns out his special talent was fire eatin' and he went to perform in Canterlot but-"
    "Ellis, sweetie, can this wait?"
    "Alright, but I'm just sayin' I'm not allowed in Canterlot anymore."
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Not to drive this one into the ground but...

Pinkie: I ever tell you about the time my buddy Oatmeal and this hippogriff-

Twilight: Pinkie, is now really the time?

Pinkie: Okay...but there WAS a hippogriff.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_Rigby View Post
    Is there some sort of mystic initiation process you have to go through to become a ponytar artist on this thread?
    You must start by collecting the juiciest and reddest apples you can find. Then you must scale the highest mountains in asian and locate the beautiful temple decorated with diamonds. There you will find a monk; give him the apples and then wait three days and three nights. He will present you with an unbaked Pie. You must then located the largest thunderstorm and find the exact center. It is at that spot a bolt of lightning will strike and you must bake the pie with that lightning. Afterward you must travel to the amazon forest, following the butterflies to find a shaman smoking on a bubble pipe. The shaman will present you with a magic spork which you will use to take one bite of the pie. you will enter a dreamlike state and it is then that you will meet the lady they call Faust who will ask you three questions. Answer to her satisfaction and she will impart upon you the knowledge of ponies and you will have what you need to become a ponytar artist.

good luck
    Last edited by slayerx; 2011-04-11 at 01:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

biggrin Re: My Little Pony: Avatar is Magic (also Adopt-a-Pony)

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    You must start by collecting the juiciest and reddest apples you can find. Then you must scale the highest mountains in asian and locate the beautiful temple decorated with diamonds. There you will find a monk; give him the apples and then wait three days and three nights. He will present you with an unbaked Pie. You must then located the largest thunderstorm and find the exact center. It is at that spot a bolt of lightning will strike and you must bake the pie with that lightning. Afterward you must travel to the amazon forest, following the butterflies to find a shaman smoking on a bubble pipe. The shaman will present you with a magic spork which you will use to take one bite of the pie. you will enter a dreamlike state and it is then that you will meet the lady they call Faust who will ask you three questions. Answer to her satisfaction and she will impart upon you the knowledge of ponies and you will have what you need to become a ponytar artist.

good luck
    Alternatively, bring us a shrubbery.

Bluster in and take a request. I'm not actually a ponytarist, but with enough quick talking you can make people think you are!
    Then complete the request and submit it for feedback. I believe Khosan is working on a guide, but if you want any advice feel free to ask me or someone. Or something.
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2011-04-11 at 01:20 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post

good luck
    Dang.

I just tried messing around, no wonder my avvie sized pony came out so darn fuzzy...

^ Therkla Pony... I was going to do one with a ninja suit and one without, but inkscape is hard man. Her right hind leg is a bit off and eyes are unreasonably hard for me. Off to the apple orchard I go...

(Therkla pony is ripped shamelessly off of the far more impressive Haley pony although I made the pieces myself)
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-04-11 at 01:27 PM.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Well I like it!
    Biggest problems I can see: The left eye overlaps the edge. You need to move it a little, or add more edge.

And the mouth looks oddly placed... not good enough at art to know how to fix that one.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Post Re: My Little Pony: Avatar is Magic (also Adopt-a-Pony)

Dang.

I just tried messing around, no wonder my avvie sized pony came out so darn fuzzy...
    ^ Therkla Pony... I was going to do one with a ninja suit and one without, but inkscape is hard man. Her right hind leg is a bit off and eyes are unreasonably hard for me. Off to the apple orchard I go...

(Therkla pony is ripped shamelessly off of the far more impressive Haley pony although I made the pieces myself)
    I like it.
    The mouth is an odd shape because it's drawn from a different angle to what I used for Haleyponi. The mouth should generally curve, and always touch the side of the muzzle in a side on picture. The hair looks like it needs some work: I can attest to how hard it is to get the hang of inkscape, but try smoothing the lines out by double clicking on the shape, clicking on one of the individual points and then adjusting the blue "handles" on the side.
    I can give more feedback, if you'd like.

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn
    Well I like it!
    Biggest problems I can see: The left eye overlaps the edge. You need to move it a little, or add more edge.

And the mouth looks oddly placed... not good enough at art to know how to fix that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown of Thorns View Post
    I like it.
    The mouth is an odd shape because it's drawn from a different angle to what I used for Haleyponi. The mouth should generally curve, and always touch the side of the muzzle in a side on picture. The hair looks like it needs some work: I can attest to how hard it is to get the hang of inkscape, but try smoothing the lines out by double clicking on the shape, clicking on one of the individual points and then adjusting the blue "handles" on the side.
    I can give more feedback, if you'd like.
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll probably go back and upgrade it later... maybe or attempt to anyway, maybe when working on a more ninja-y one?
    I couldn't get inkscape to recognise my tablet so Therklaponi was made with the 2 inch wide touch-pad on my laptop... it's... not very responsive. :smallyuk
    Is there a particular part of the hair that's especially bad or is it the whole mane and tail shebang? I prolly ought to have used a reference with Therkla's hood down for the top bit...
    The eyes really were harder to do than I'd anticipated: do most people start with a circle for them or....?
    And feedback is pretty much always appreciated

[looks at description in Therkla pony suggestion, looks back at Therkla pony]
    ....I think it's probably for the best that I didn't start with somebody's avatar request....
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-04-11 at 02:38 PM.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Jesus christ, that's amazing.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the feedback, I'll probably go back and upgrade it later... maybe or attempt to anyway, maybe when working on a more ninja-y one?
    I couldn't get inkscape to recognise my tablet so Therklaponi was made with the 2 inch wide touch-pad on my laptop... it's... not very responsive. :smallyuk
    Is there a particular part of the hair that's especially bad or is it the whole mane and tail shebang? I prolly ought to have used a reference with Therkla's hood down for the top bit...
    The eyes really were harder to do than I'd anticipated: do most people start with a circle for them or....?
    And feedback is pretty much always appreciated

[looks at description in Therkla pony suggestion, looks back at Therkla pony]
    ....I think it's probably for the best that I didn't start with somebody's avatar request....
    I find the hair generally looks better as several separate shapes, as opposed to just one. I tend to draw eyes using the bezier curve tool: I tend to trace the perfectly circular eyes, although I find angry eyes a lot easier to draw. Maybe try sketching the hair in photoshop or gimp and then draw over it in inkscape? I find it flows better are a result: while poni hairstyles are somewhat gravity defying normally, Therkla's does seem unnaturally so. The line of the bottom of the head shouldn't extent all the way over the neck, and I'd move the line on the right ear down and inwards. Also, the connection between the line of the neck and the chest is a little pointy.

I can appreciate the laptop tablet problem, though. I can't get inkscape to work with my tablet and I'm now working on a laptop with a tiny touchpad.

What did you use to resize the avi version of Therkla?

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    I has another request. I'll need a bigger version of this one, because it's a character in the Bridal Shores RP. I don't care who does it, as long as it's good.

Type: Earth Pony
    Coat color: Cherry Red
    Mane color and style: Long and straight. As yellow as the sun.
    Eye color: Reddish-Purple.
    Cutie mark: None. *GASP*
    Pose: I'll leave that up to the artist. She ran away from home form an abusive mother to look for her sister, and her two best friends are a mage and a wanna-be superhero. Maybe that will help. Her special talent is being a good friend and being there for ponies who need it.
    Expressions: Same as Pose. Maybe a comforting smile?
    Accessories or costumes: She wears a star-shaped flower blossom in her mane, pink with yellow veins in the middle.

Also, here's a link to her character sheet, may it inspire you. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...&postcount=239
    I apologise for the lack of imagination in the pose (in fact I now realise it's very similar to your current avatar, but I hope you're happy with it. Anything you want changed?

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2011-04-11 at 03:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd like to request a ponytar of Soldier from TF2, with the cutie mark as this.
    more ref.
    Thanks in advance!!!

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raveypoos View Post
    I'd like to request a ponytar of Soldier from TF2, with the cutie mark as this.
    more ref.
    Thanks in advance!!!
    I think kpenguin made one already. It may be taken though.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Dwarf in the Playground

oh, damn. Eh, how about Engineer instead?

17. - Top - End - #467

I find the hair generally looks better as several separate shapes, as opposed to just one. I tend to draw eyes using the bezier curve tool: I tend to trace the perfectly circular eyes, although I find angry eyes a lot easier to draw. Maybe try sketching the hair in photoshop or gimp and then draw over it in inkscape? I find it flows better are a result: while poni hairstyles are somewhat gravity defying normally, Therkla's does seem unnaturally so. The line of the bottom of the head shouldn't extent all the way over the neck, and I'd move the line on the right ear down and inwards. Also, the connection between the line of the neck and the chest is a little pointy.
    Which tools do you use for building the bodies? I squished up rectangles and a circle with Therkla and then joined them together althought the hair pieces I drew with the pen tool. I think I've got a lot of tinkering to do before I get the hang of inkscape...
    I take your point about the gravity defying hair, I probably overdid the ponytailness there. Will try out more layered hair with the next try I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown of Thorns
    I can appreciate the laptop tablet problem, though. I can't get inkscape to work with my tablet and I'm now working on a laptop with a tiny touchpad.

What did you use to resize the avi version of Therkla?
    Ouch. You draw yours with a touchpad??? Madness.
    I guess part of it comes with familiarity though - I can just about cobble together artwork in gimp with the touchpad if I'm too lazy to hook up the tablet now that I've had some practice with it but I still prefer something that resembles a pen.
    I opened the svg file up in gimp and then rescaled it to 120px width and saved as a png. I guess I could have cropped it a little closer first... there's probably also a neater way to rescale in inkscape that I've forgotten about...
    Current avatar by Zefir

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Which tools do you use for building the bodies? I squished up rectangles and a circle with Therkla and then joined them together althought the hair pieces I drew with the pen tool. I think I've got a lot of tinkering to do before I get the hang of inkscape...
    I take your point about the gravity defying hair, I probably overdid the ponytailness there. Will try out more layered hair with the next try I think.

I pretty much just use the pen tool. Trace out the shape with straight lines, delete most of the points so it forms a curve, up the line thickness. If you've got the time, press Ctrl+Alt+C and adjust the points for a better looking line. In particular you can move the points at the very end to make a tapered effect, just like in the cartoons!

Ouch. You draw yours with a touchpad??? Madness.
    I guess part of it comes with familiarity though - I can just about cobble together artwork in gimp with the touchpad if I'm too lazy to hook up the tablet now that I've had some practice with it but I still prefer something that resembles a pen.
    I opened the svg file up in gimp and then rescaled it to 120px width and saved as a png. I guess I could have cropped it a little closer first... there's probably also a neater way to rescale in inkscape that I've forgotten about...
    I don't normally use a laptop for these things, but the last two requests I've done mostly on laptops due to travelling. Normally I have access to a mouse, fortunately. Your avi scale picture looks weirdly blurry (is the word aliased? I'm not sure), which is strange 'cos I resize things using the same method and I don't seem to have the same problem. Can't you use the autocrop tool in gimp for the closest cropping?

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    I told myself I wouldn't get caught up in this...but...cannot resist. >.>

Type: A normal pony, things will get strange enough without adding wings.
    Coat color: The same color green as my current Avatar's Dress.
    Mane color and style: The same color as my current Avatar's hair, and in braids.
    Eye color: A contrasting color of green to the coat.
    Cutie mark: You see that bunny-like thing my avatar is clutching to her bosom? That is called a Tiamite, and there should totally be a Tiamite as her cutie mark.
    Pose & Expressions: Take inspiration.
    Accessories or costumes: It would be so awesome if you could work in my snake. I lurve Miss BCF, and I would miss her in any avatar that I plan on having in the long term.

Please make my dream pony come true? Hugs and Kisses.
    Repost? Perhaps, can someone pwease make me my pony?

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    Hope it isn't to late to get in on this. I'm basically looking for a pony-fied version of my current avatar.

Type: Earth Pony
    Coat: Mostly Beige
    Mane: Brown and somewhat tattered
    Eye color: Green/Gold
    Cutie mark: Stitching in shape of a happy face
    Pose: Standing, with one leg falling off/ripped at seam
    Expression: Mild annoyance
    Accessories or costumes: Stitching around different colored coats/skin throughout.

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to do this (horribly dark and twisted pony)!
    I'll try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Repost? Perhaps, can someone pwease make me my pony?
    Again, I'll do it.

Although you may want to wait a little more time between reposts.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll try it.
    You're a champ! Thank you very much.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, finished product or not, I went ahead and added Therkla Pony to the OotS Ponytars (linked in my sig).
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

I apologise for the lack of imagination in the pose (in fact I now realise it's very similar to your current avatar, but I hope you're happy with it. Anything you want changed?

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, that was quick!

Changes ... well, there are a couple of things. Can you make her coat a little brighter? Like ... like Lily. (aka "The horror!!! *faints*") Maybe make the flower a little more vibrant?

Also, maybe make the mane and tail a little ... more interesting? Maybe more like Applecore's? (See the list of background ponies.) Maybe not have it covering the eyes so much?

Also, the expression seems a little ... off to me. I was thinking something like a comforting smile.

(Oh, also the back leg also looks a little ... odd, but that's not a big deal.)

Thanks, it looks pretty good otherwise. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474

Therkla pony
    I'm not an avatarist, but I actually quite like your style. It's different and not as rounded/cutesy as other ponies usually are. Possibly due to her expression I like her eyes and eyebrows. (I've only just realized that ponies don't usually have eyebrows )

Also, I know we're not supposed to repost, but I requested a pony a few pages back and the list of incomplete requests in the first post hasn't even been updated recently? I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten their pony yet >.>

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Special Request!

Okay, this isn't really a "pony" per-se, but it's based on the show, so I'm counting it.

I want someone to make me a Dragon.

The Dragon should be...

-Based on Spike
    -Have Orange outer Scales *Where Spike usually has purple*
    -Yellow underbelly *Where Spike is usually green*
    -Yellow top scales *Also where spike is usually green*
    -Yellow eyes.

As for a pose...This:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

26. - Top - End - #476

Quote Originally Posted by Ceric View Post
    I'm not an avatarist, but I actually quite like your style. It's different and not as rounded/cutesy as other ponies usually are. Possibly due to her expression I like her eyes and eyebrows. (I've only just realized that ponies don't usually have eyebrows )
    Aw, thanks Ceric!

I have made some changes to the Therlka pony, however, although I think I left her eyebrows alone actually so... yup.
    Not sure about the hair... I think it's an improvement on what I had before though so... meh.
    She's also got a kind of underbite now, because I thought that was a nice touch, I just didn't know how to do it.

and new: ninja suit Therkla (I'd have given her a belt and a dagger but I'm too lazy.)

I'm not taking requests at the moment but I might do later on.
    Current avatar by Zefir

27. - Top - End - #477
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aw, thanks Ceric!

I have made some changes to the Therlka pony, however, although I think I left her eyebrows alone actually so... yup.
    Not sure about the hair... I think it's an improvement on what I had before though so... meh.
    She's also got a kind of underbite now, because I thought that was a nice touch, I just didn't know how to do it.

and new: ninja suit Therkla (I'd have given her a belt and a dagger but I'm too lazy.)

I'm not taking requests at the moment but I might do later on.
    Updating the OotS Pony collection....
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

Fillies and gentlecolts, I give you Bayzier Curves, my ponytar for Pony Week:

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can anyone do kinda like this, but in Clerics garb? Perhaps a holy symbol for celestia, if she's clad in armor.:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosjsjach View Post

To DM or not to DM-- that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous monsters,
    Or to take arms against a sea of Players
    And, by opposing, end them.

My homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Reposting from the main theme week thread:

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Oh, wow, Pony Week already. And we're still behind on ponytar requests in the arts and crafts thread. Dunno if we'll make it through them all in time.

Well, anyways, time to start collecting ponies for the great big banner. Here's what I want:

Send an email to [email protected]. The subject line should include the word "Pony" somewhere.

Include as attachments as many ponytars as you can. I want high-resolution versions (at least 500 pixels on one dimension), or better yet the original svg file. Ask your artist before sending to me; they might have the svg laying around and we prevent a lot of double submissions. Send multiple emails or compress the files if you have to; I'd rather sort through a bunch of emails than go through file-hosting sites if at all possible.

With any luck I'll be able to get it put together within a few days of the end of the theme week.