New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony: Avatar is Magic (also Adopt-a-Pony)

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Sooooo... I tried my own hand at a Leela Pony. Thusly:

*snip-snip*
    I like the effort and it's pretty good for the most part;[criticism]I can't really tell she's one-eyed, green doesn't really call Leela to mind (I barely remember seeing her jacket) and I imagine she'd look more like the one-eyed mimic. Her cutie mark doesn't really call Leela to mind either I mean, it doesn't really show that she's kickass IMO. And I wonder, why does she have wings? Is there a specific reason some ponies have wings or is it just a design decision?
    Last edited by Dvandemon; 2011-04-16 at 11:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crown of Thorns View Post
    I'm still seeing the old image.
    It's a pity about the eye: on any other background than white, that line around the white wouldn't be necessary. Unfortunately white is rather common on the internets.
    Is it working now? It took me turning my computer off for it to come up.
    And yeah, I think it's meant to have a grey outline. I'll fix that if I do another version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvandemon View Post
    I can't really tell she's one-eyed... and I imagine she'd look more like the one-eyed mimic
    It looks about right to me, although I could adjust it somewhat. I don't know what this "one-eyed mimic" is that everyone's talking about and google isn't helping.
    green doesn't really call Leela to mind (I barely remember seeing her jacket)
    Not so much the jacket as the "I wouldn't talk about style if I were wearing a lime-green tank-top" comment. I'm open to suggestions of other colours, though.
    Her cutie mark doesn't really call Leela to mind either I mean, it doesn't really show that she's kickass IMO.
    I'm hearing a lot of criticism and not a lot of suggestions
    And I wonder, why does she have wings? Is there a specific reason some ponies have wings or is it just a design decision?
    I was going to make her an Earth Pony cuz she's tough and strong, but then I decided that she's also fast, she's a pilot and spaceship captain, and attitude-wise she's more akin to Rainbow Dash than Apple Whatsit. So, a bit of both.

No love for it? Or Ellywickpony?
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-04-16 at 11:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Knight View Post
    Could someone whip me up a Celty/Selty (Durarara!!) pony? Use your imagination about how to put a motorcycle helmet on a horse.

Sorry, I just too busy/not confident enough to make my own.
    One more down! Still a day left in Pony Week to finish a few more. ;_;
    And then the banner, which'll take a couple days.

4. - Top - End - #544

Wait... Pony Week's already started?! I thought it wasn't for ages! D:

edit: Tweaked Leela.

I really can't think of anything better for her butt.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-04-17 at 02:05 AM.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

Um... this was supposed to be a pony avatar for someone:

Spoiler
    Show

Sadly, it never found any love. So...

If anyone wants semi-good looking avatar made quickly, I could probably recolour this one and change the mane/mark to order, all within pretty short amount of time. Any takers?
    Above Us Only Sky

6. - Top - End - #546
    Barbarian in the Playground

I guess it would be funny to see a Pony Paul McCartney...
    Currently GMing:
    Warcraft: Quest for the Prismatic Blades / IC / OOC

7. - Top - End - #547
    Banned

It looks about right to me, although I could adjust it somewhat. I don't know what this "one-eyed mimic" is that everyone's talking about and google isn't helping.
    The One-eyed mimic was from Nibbler's introduction to the show. The Crew went to a planet that was hollowed out in mining it's Dark Matter core and they were rescuing the animals a la Noah's Ark. It was one creature that appeared to be a horse, but mimicked Leela's skin color and hair style (it was already one-eyed)
    Not so much the jacket as the "I wouldn't talk about style if I were wearing a lime-green tank-top" comment. I'm open to suggestions of other colours, though.
    I was thinking just her skin color would be fine
    I'm hearing a lot of criticism and not a lot of suggestions
    IDK, since cutie marks are about somepony's special talent, a bootprint could be an acceptable choice. Right now, I'm thinking about her symbol when she was Clobberella (can't remember that episode )
    I was going to make her an Earth Pony cuz she's tough and strong, but then I decided that she's also fast, she's a pilot and spaceship captain, and attitude-wise she's more akin to Rainbow Dash than Apple Whatsit. So, a bit of both.

No love for it? Or Ellywickpony?
    I'm still dubious about the wings. Now something completely different:
    Fry: Hey Leela, what's with that singing cutie mark?
    Leela:That's not a cutie mark , it's a boil. Her name is Susan.

8. - Top - End - #548

The One-eyed mimic was from Nibbler's introduction to the show. The Crew went to a planet that was hollowed out in mining it's Dark Matter core and they were rescuing the animals a la Noah's Ark. It was one creature that appeared to be a horse, but mimicked Leela's skin color and hair style (it was already one-eyed)
    Ah yes. I'll have a look.
    edit: It looks naked. So naaah.
    I was thinking just her skin color would be fine
    I think that'd look silly. Pretty much any character, with few exceptions (usually with already non-standard skin colours), would look silly with a skin-coloured body - or, at the very least, it'd get very very boring.
    IDK, since cutie marks are about somepony's special talent, a bootprint could be an acceptable choice. Right now, I'm thinking about her symbol when she was Clobberella (can't remember that episode )
    That's not a bad idea. I'll look it up and see whether I think it looks better.
    edit: It appears to be a hand wielding a rolling pin. Not bad for a cutiemark, but it just doesn't should Leela to me.
    I'm still dubious about the wings.
    Upon what character would you find wings acceptable?
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-04-17 at 10:40 AM.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Banned

Ah yes. I'll have a look.
    edit: It looks naked. So naaah.
    Well obviouly Leela wears clothes
    I think that'd look silly. Pretty much any character, with few exceptions (usually with already non-standard skin colours), would look silly with a skin-coloured body - or, at the very least, it'd get very very boring.
    Well, um, maybe take something from when she was a centaur. Ponies aren't always entirely one color.
    That's not a bad idea. I'll look it up and see whether I think it looks better.
    edit: It appears to be a hand wielding a rolling pin. Not bad for a cutiemark, but it just doesn't shout Leela to me.
    Well, really, these are just suggestions from one fan to another (we all know how that usually works out ). You can go with whatever seems very iconic of Leela, maybe look at her profile over at the infosphere.
    Upon what character would you find wings acceptable?
    Well see, I don't really know. Maybe Amy, she seems like the most likely one to have wings and she'd look great in pink. Leela may be the pilot but I don't think wings would fit for her. Incidentally I'm currently wondering how Bender would look, where would his door go?
    Last edited by Dvandemon; 2011-04-17 at 11:47 AM.

10. - Top - End - #550

Well obviouly Leela wears clothes
    But ponies, usually, do not
    Well, um, maybe take something from when she was a centaur.
    Maybe. It's kinda boring, though - sort of a dark brown.
    Well see, I don't really know. Maybe Amy, she seems like the most likely one to have wings and she'd look great in pink.
    Not sure what wings have to do with pink... but I was actually thinking unicorn for her, to go with her degree in whatever it was, something smart. Undecided, though.
    Incidentally I'm currently wondering about, is how Bender would look, where would his door go?
    He'd definitely be an Earth Pony, and either on his belly or he just wouldn't have one.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Banned

wink Re: My Little Pony: Avatar is Magic (also Adopt-a-Pony)

But ponies, usually, do not
    Then why point out the mimic's lack of clothes
    Maybe. It's kinda boring, though - sort of a dark brown.
    What do you mean by boring? There are ponies with average pony colors, not everypony has to be some sort of palette. Basically, my main gripe with the color is that I don't really think green when I think Leela, her jacket only barely came in my head when I wondered about that choice. When I think of Leela, I think of purple, her skin, and partially her clothes. I guess her mane is enough for me to tell it's her, her coat should have a similar recall effect as well.
    Not sure what wings have to do with pink... but I was actually thinking unicorn for her, to go with her degree in whatever it was, something smart. Undecided, though.
    I can't really see her as a unicorn, but it's a possibility, she'd remind me of Rarity. I'm not saying pink has anything to do with being a pegasus (sorry about that) but I can easily imagine Amy with wings, she wouldn't need a Party Board
    He'd definitely be an Earth Pony, and either on his belly or he just wouldn't have one.
    Ugh, I should sketch it out before thinking about that any longer.
    Last edited by Dvandemon; 2011-04-17 at 04:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #552

PhantomFox

Work's well under way on your avatar request and I think it's going to turn out quite nicely, but inkscape is crashing a lot on me right now so I'm afraid it's looking unlikely that the avatar will be finished in time for the last hours of pony week.

Sorry...

Jessica's all but done though so maybe you can get half of the avatar before the night's over? I'll post her when she's done just to check I'm on the right lines.

Re: Futurama pony debate:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wouldn't know what to do with a Leela pony myself. I like all three futurama ponytars that have been posted although I don't think that's how I'd have gone about any of them. Leela is tricky in that her most typical outfit is very neutral. I guess maybe a very pale grey (paler than Bender's grey) might be what I'd go with for her coat. I'd say the pink of her lipstick/lips would be a good colour but that would make her look too girly I think...
    Serpentine seems to have picked up the knack to do ponytars a lot quicker than I have as I like all of the ones she's done (especially the Unosartatar) but then I'm under the impression Serp's got a lot of experience with inkscape or something that yields similar results to inkscape whereas it's still a pretty bizarre way to draw pictures for me (I think if I had the attention span to follow tutorials I'd probably be better with it
    (I've not seen enough Futurama to remember Leela wearing lime green at all especially as I enjoy the show but not enough to have bought dvds and it's shown very sporadically on the tv channels I get.
    I kinda think if it were me I might make an exception with the flesh colour ponies for Futurama ones just because that sort of look fits with the series, with Oots I wouldn't give a caucasian character's pony fur the same colour as the skin though... it depends how much of which series you want really because there's quite a difference in approach between Futurama and My Little Pony so a crossover could go in a lot of ways.)
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

13. - Top - End - #553

Eeeeh, I've pretty much just been tracing and adapting. Do a search for "my little pony friendship is magic" and you'll probably find my templates pretty quickly. And Illustrator all the way!
    Then why point out the mimic's lack of clothes
    It doesn't just look like it's not wearing any clothes, it looks naked, like it doesn't even have any fur on.
    What do you mean by boring? There are ponies with average pony colors, not everypony has to be some sort of palette.
    I prefer the coloured ones, but also when combined with her purple hair she'll look quite dark and samey. I'll think about it, but I'd rather have her with brighter colours.
    Her lipstick might not be a bad idea...

14. - Top - End - #554

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    This is my first avatar request ever, but ponies are too awesome to resist. So, I hope this request isn't too hard, but I would like a lawyer pony very much. Thanks to any avatarist that takes up the request.

Type: Unicorn
    Coat color: either charcoal grey or navy blue, take your pick.
    Mane color and style: A lighter shade of blue or teal (whatever you think goes best with the coat color you pick). I think I would prefer shorter hair, maybe around Rainbow Dash length.
    Eye color: blue
    Cutie mark: The scales of justice. See this link
    Pose: Just standing I guess, or maybe levitating a briefcase or notes or something. So, artist's discretion.
    Expressions: artist's discretion
    Accessories or costumes: suit and tie. Pick whatever color tie goes best with mane/coat. Possibly a briefcase or notes as mentioned above.

Thank you again to whoever takes this up.

Sincerely,
    Anarion

Last edited by Dirtytabs; 2011-04-17 at 11:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry I haven't been dong any ponytar for the last wek and a half or so.

Just to clarify,for teh people who just came to participat in pony week. This thread is for ponytars, anytime, anywhere on GitP or elsewhere. I know that we had a surge in requests due to ponyweek and many people are switching back to non-pony avatars now. Just know that we will still do ponytar requests here even though the week's over. I hope you all enjoyed your pony for however short a time you used them.

Ponies will still be produced as long as there are people that want them and artists that draw them.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

16. - Top - End - #556

Erm... yes. So I'm having some problems with inkscape right now which makes completing PhantomFox's avatar pretty difficult. I ended up starting again in GIMP but the paths aren't working so it's freehand, I'll post the progress on the first pony so far as a sign of good faith...

Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_Rigby View Post
    Erm... yes. So I'm having some problems with inkscape right now which makes completing PhantomFox's avatar pretty difficult. I ended up starting again in GIMP but the paths aren't working so it's freehand, I'll post the progress on the first pony so far as a sign of good faith...

I'm not PhantomFox, but that's beautiful.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #558

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I agree. Fox Pony if awesome.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

I really like the colour transition on the legs and the tail, and overall it's definitely awesome. My only complaint is that the nose (muzzle?) looks a little weird.

20. - Top - End - #560

I like this new avi of yours. The OMG! BEES! RUN AWAY! expression is very well done.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

21. - Top - End - #561

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    I agree. Fox Pony if awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown of Thorns View Post
    I really like the colour transition on the legs and the tail, and overall it's definitely awesome. My only complaint is that the nose (muzzle?) looks a little weird.
    Thanks guys.
    I got a pretty clear image in my head for it though from the request which did specify about the colour blending so I can't really claim all the credit there.

I agree with Crown of Thorns on the muzzle though, I had a couple of My Little Ponies when I was little so the Friendship is Magic ponies aren't the automatic face shape I think of... it's quite a weird and pretty un-horse-like face shape that they have, interesting though and it's not like the toys I had in the 90s were anatomically accurate or anything. My internet was down when I was working on the head so I didn't use a reference which would be another reason why it looks rather off. I think the male pony will be easier because the default male headshape makes a lot more sense to me.

Ooh! And I can't remember if I said, but the tablet trick worked. Which was nice and worked in my favour for the Thog pony. Also Crisis is accurate in saying that the bee avatar is cool, but that's hardly surprising.
    Current avatar by Zefir

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

Type: Earth pony
    Coat color Blue
    Mane color and style White
    Eye color Blue
    Cutie mark Knife
    Pose Facing right
    Expressions Very serious
    Accessories or costumes My current avatar over this ponies shoulder
    Note: Saying "gentleponies".

This is totally a Spy from TF2 pony.

If anyone would do this I would be ever greatful.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-04-18 at 08:05 PM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

23. - Top - End - #563
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Akrim.elf View Post
    dont worry, you are better (and have a hat! :))

Dvandemon

hm ... better it probably will not ...
    Acceptable, I like how you did the flaming horn.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post

I like this new avi of yours. The OMG! BEES! RUN AWAY! expression is very well done.
    Thank you very much. I feel it's improved with a shadow now, it looked odd without it.

I agree with Crown of Thorns on the muzzle though, I had a couple of My Little Ponies when I was little so the Friendship is Magic ponies aren't the automatic face shape I think of... it's quite a weird and pretty un-horse-like face shape that they have, interesting though and it's not like the toys I had in the 90s were anatomically accurate or anything. My internet was down when I was working on the head so I didn't use a reference which would be another reason why it looks rather off. I think the male pony will be easier because the default male headshape makes a lot more sense to me.
    No reference? I'm seriously impressed. I think the problem with female heads as opposed to male is that the muzzle protrudes out separately from the head, so it's harder to get the perspective on it right, which was the problem this time. The male head's just a simple 2-D shape whatever angle it's drawn from.

Acceptable, I like how you did the flaming horn.
    This is probably just me being fussy, but the head shape looks a little off. The pony almost looks beaked.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Banned

cool Re: My Little Pony: Avatar is Magic (also Adopt-a-Pony)

I could be a lot more fussy and point out some other misgivings but I'm just glad someone did it (I think the eye should be amber/light brown). I'd probably do redraw just to see if I can.

I think it behoove me to provide the ponytarist witha better ref pic
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Dvandemon; 2011-04-19 at 01:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #566

I could be a lot more fussy and point out some other misgivings but I'm just glad someone did it (I think the eye should be amber/light brown). I'd probably do redraw just to see if I can.

I think it behoove me to provide the ponytarist witha better ref pic
    Spoiler
    Show
    link to my comic look at spoiler -Update 30.4.13

if you did not understand my contribution - to the cursed Google Talk (and my inability to learn foreign languages)
    Notice - if you lost PonyTars made by me, look here - >
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/PonyAvatars/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

27. - Top - End - #567

Done

Being that it's two ponies the avatar's kinda dinky looking. Sorry I took so long and hope you like it. Let me know if you want things changed.

Large version:

I put a filter ontop of Andrew because they kind of merged together without a filter but I can lighten it if necessary.
    Current avatar by Zefir

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

Work begins on the compilation banner. If you haven't sent me your avatar yet, please do so and save me a bit of trouble, especially if you can provide a high-resolution version. Submissions go to [email protected]

If you don't see your stuff here, then I don't have it!
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-04-20 at 11:46 AM.

29. - Top - End - #569

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Work begins on the compilation banner. If you haven't sent me your avatar yet, please do so and save me a bit of trouble, especially if you can provide a high-resolution version. Submissions go to [email protected]

If you don't see your stuff here, then I don't have it!
    I don't see any of the ones you made in that list. Will they be included?
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post

Omigosh, this is so awesome. Dirtytabs, thank you. I think you made my entire month here. Now, I just need to figure out a way to work this image or a pony reference into my law school finals next week
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)