New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: Avatar is Magic (also Adopt-a-Pony)

Quote Originally Posted by Crown of Thorns View Post
    If all you ponytarists could give me some feedback on this I'd appreciate it: it doesn't feel right yet.
    *pony*
    Is this an Arthur Dent pony obtaining a substance that's almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea? If so:
    Eeee!

I think the dressing gown looks kind of odd as it is, to be honest. Maybe try lengthening it so it can trail a bit? It's pretty tricky clothing ponies although I agree that a dressing gown is one of the best accessories for the character, assuming I've guessed it right. Maybe if all else fails, give up and drape a towel 'round his neck?

Edit: if it were me, the first change I'd try would be to extend the back of the gown so that it went round his hiney and down to about the midpoint of his legs. I like the way you've done the print on the gown and the part that's on his torso and the belt are very nice. The neckline looks like it could maybe use a little work and I'm not 100% sold on the hair/ mane for some reason. I'd probably have a bit of his right ear visible too assuming it's in the same position as the left ear, although I have no idea whether that would actually make it more accurate, it's just what I'd do. The hair should maybe angle downwards a tiny bit more and end lower on his head maybe stopping just a bit above the dressing gown collar...

Another Edit: Also just noticed he has a cuff on one sleeve of the gown but not the other. Both styles look fine to me, but for consistency I'm guessing you should go for one or the other.
    Re: neckline, I think my problem is that it looks more like it would if he was facing us instead of the essentially profile pose he's in.

Another Edit:
    While we're on the subject of sci-fi themed ponies....

Banter about a Bender pony had gone back and forth but I haven't seen one yet, so I made one. He's my first unicorn.
    I know somebody said he'd "definately" be an earth pony but my reasoning was that having his antenna as a horn was too neat an idea to pass up, plus if he's just got hooves, how's he gonna bend girders??
    Quite a few detours from standard ponies, but eh, he's a robo-pony.
    Last edited by Eleanor_Rigby; 2011-04-23 at 01:06 PM.
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

If all you ponytarists could give me some feedback on this I'd appreciate it: it doesn't feel right yet.
    -snip-
    It's unclear how he's facing. The profile of his head suggests a side-on shot, the neck of his robe suggests a 3/4 perspective, his legs suggest something almost side-on, and his belt doesn't connect properly (it's colliding with his flank atm).

I'd stick with the side-on view; you already have his head drawn and male heads are a PITA to draw in perspective view. Then move his right-front leg back a bit, shift the neckline on his robe to only show one half of it, adjust his legs to be properly in line, and bring his belt down and forward so it loops under his gut just in front of his thigh.

Nice work on the plaid pattern, though. Is it just a bunch of lines, or is there some other trickery going on?

3. - Top - End - #603

I'm gonna have to go back and change a few things on Bender. The stuff I noticed were:
    - the front hooves are shaded the wrong way round
    - one of the lines on the back left leg has and extra node that turns it into a little tick shape
    - one of the lines on the front left leg coincides almost exactly with the bodyline which is a bit confusing
    - the outerpart of the visor could use some work

The shading in the eyes are a bit of a jumble and the beer bottles could be put together a little less clumsily but I'm a bit to ham fisted to be able to do those too neatly so I'm likely to leave those. Might make the nostril a bit smaller though as it looks a bit sheep nosey as it is. If anything else looks like it ought to be changed, feel free to chime in with suggestions. I think the magic shapes could probably use some refining but I'm not sure. I think the edges are maybe a bit spikey and maybe the outline's too dark?
    Current avatar by Zefir
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight, Kasanip, Oblivion, Dogmantra, Elder Tsofu, araveugnitsuga and Alarra

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_Rigby View Post
    I'm gonna have to go back and change a few things on Bender. The stuff I noticed were:
    - the front hooves are shaded the wrong way round
    - one of the lines on the back left leg has and extra node that turns it into a little tick shape
    - one of the lines on the front left leg coincides almost exactly with the bodyline which is a bit confusing
    - the outerpart of the visor could use some work

The shading in the eyes are a bit of a jumble and the beer bottles could be put together a little less clumsily but I'm a bit to ham fisted to be able to do those too neatly so I'm likely to leave those. Might make the nostril a bit smaller though as it looks a bit sheep nosey as it is. If anything else looks like it ought to be changed, feel free to chime in with suggestions. I think the magic shapes could probably use some refining but I'm not sure. I think the edges are maybe a bit spikey and maybe the outline's too dark?
    Just a quick thing, but you could probably make the beer bottle by drawing half of it, copying it and then flipping it, so it's symmetrical.

5. - Top - End - #605

Just a quick thing, but you could probably make the beer bottle by drawing half of it, copying it and then flipping it, so it's symmetrical.
    True.
    Thanks. Also, hope I didn't go overboard with comments on your pony-in-progress. Was trying my best to be helpful!
    Current avatar by Zefir

6. - Top - End - #606

I've sort of lost track of the incomplete requests. Just these, right?

vp21ct
    Dogmantra
    Maralais
    Crisis21
    RTGoodman
    Grif
    Orzel

7. - Top - End - #607

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtytabs View Post
    I've sort of lost track of the incomplete requests. Just these, right?

vp21ct
    Dogmantra
    Maralais
    Crisis21
    RTGoodman
    Grif
    Orzel
    yes, but vp21ct is make by me... so loong...
    Last edited by Akrim.elf; 2011-04-24 at 05:19 AM.
    link to my comic look at spoiler -Update 30.4.13

if you did not understand my contribution - to the cursed Google Talk (and my inability to learn foreign languages)
    Notice - if you lost PonyTars made by me, look here - >
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/PonyAvatars/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor_Rigby View Post
    True.
    Thanks. Also, hope I didn't go overboard with comments on your pony-in-progress. Was trying my best to be helpful!
    No, I appreciate any feedback I can get.
    v2:

New mane and tail, adjusted the profile, a cuff on the other sleeve (can't believe I missed that), and lengthened the dressing gown and moved the collar. In response to Alter's question, the pattern is just lots of lines.

9. - Top - End - #609

No, I appreciate any feedback I can get.
    v2:
    *snip*

New mane and tail, adjusted the profile, a cuff on the other sleeve (can't believe I missed that), and lengthened the dressing gown and moved the collar. In response to Alter's question, the pattern is just lots of lines.
    The improvements are good and kudos on all those lines for the check pattern. That would be completely beyond me!
    The greeny yellowy patch in the ear threw me for a bit but then I realised it's probably a babelfish? Maybe if there were clearer outlines, if the fish was bigger or if the tail was larger?
    I'd make the robe hang down more too but that could be tricky.
    Current avatar by Zefir

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

Gender: It's a skeleton so....... Male just to set your mind at ease
    Type: Skeleton Pegasus Unicorn (Pony version of my Avatar)
    Coat color: It doesn't have a coat, but make sure to have splatters of blood on the bones here and there
    Mane color and style: It also doesn't have a mane, but make sure to stretch out my avatar's helmet to fit the Unicorns head, extend the spines, and light them on fire with necrotic lime green fire
    Eye color: Blood red (Just look at my avatars eyes to see how it's done)
    Cutie mark:The symbol on this characters chest, preferably on the side of the pony
    Pose: Front legs up, standing on its hind legs, wings outstretched, and ready to trample anyone
    Expressions: Malicious sneer across the face, baring it's sharp teeth, waving it's bone tail
    Accessories or costumes: My avatars armor, several spikes jutting forward from the horses shoulder pads, knee pads wiith a single spike out of each one (No armor below the knees and scarce armor on the thigh), A dull beige dead skin inbetween the bone wing's finger riddled with holes, good mixture of armor and exposed bones, skeleton hands coming out of the ground trying to grab at the horses hind legs, spike studded horse shoes.

Sorry if I'm asking for alot it's just that I want a malevelant evil Death Knight pony that wants to butcher all the other ponys for not inviting it to their ice cream socials.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #611

ending result, i give up.. is too dificult for me...
    and this wing.. is hard...
    link to my comic look at spoiler -Update 30.4.13

if you did not understand my contribution - to the cursed Google Talk (and my inability to learn foreign languages)
    Notice - if you lost PonyTars made by me, look here - >
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/PonyAvatars/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ24

12. - Top - End - #612
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I'd like a Jayne pony, if someone would be so kind.

Type: Earth pony
    Coat color: The color of my current avatar's shirt.
    Mane color and style: Short, black, plainish.
    Eye color: Blue.
    Cutie mark: The symbol on my current avatar's shirt. Or three grenades, if that doesn't work very well.
    Pose: Any.
    Expressions: Doesn't matter a lot, but should probably be kinda mean. Stupidly mean, not grim and intense.
    Accessories or costumes: Must have the hat. This is essential. Can include Vera, but if you can't make it work/don't feel like doing the extra work, no big deal.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post

Coat color: The color of my current avatar's shirt.
    Mane color and style: Short, black, plainish.
    Eye color: Blue.
    Cutie mark: The symbol on my current avatar's shirt. Or three grenades, if that doesn't work very well.
    Pose: Any.
    Expressions: Doesn't matter a lot, but should probably be kinda mean. Stupidly mean, not grim and intense.
    Accessories or costumes: Must have the hat. This is essential. Can include Vera, but if you can't make it work/don't feel like doing the extra work, no big deal.
    I wouldn't mind doing this, if no-one else objects.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Akrim.elf View Post
    ending result, i give up.. is too dificult for me...
    and this wing.. is hard...
    That's actually really good, thanks.

Edit:Plus you drew it in 1 hour so I don't blame you for not making a Picaso.

Double Edit: But I won't use it as my avatar, instead I have something else in mind. If you've ever played Starcraft 2 then you obviously know of the Zerg. I'm thinking about a Zerg Pony. You can go nuts with this one, I don't really care for pose but if you want one then it would be goring a marine. Cutie Mark would be the Zerg symbol, and you can choose between Hydralisk, Zergling, and Ultralisk.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2011-04-24 at 05:32 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

15. - Top - End - #615

DwarfClericGuy

Thumbs up Re: My Little Pony: Avatar is Magic (also Adopt-a-Pony)

Hey all, amazing artwork all-around.
    As a new pony fan, I'd like to request an Amaterasu ponytar (ponytarasu?)

Reference pic: here

Coat color: White. Red Markings on head, around eyes and down the sides.
    Mane color and style: Short white with black edges. Tail is long and white with a small black tip.
    Eye color: Black
    Cutie mark: A drawing brush. brown handle, white brush with a black tip (maybe a black ink squiggle drawn there).
    Pose: Racing.
    Expressions: Determined.
    Accessories or costumes: Burning mirror hovering over the back. Maybe Issun, too (small green bouncy thing in the picture).

Thanks in advance.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Wait wait wait
    You have a JAYNE-Avvie and I didn't notice?

Man, the mods around her /rock/...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

17. - Top - End - #617

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    Hey all, amazing artwork all-around.
    As a new pony fan, I'd like to request an Amaterasu ponytar (ponytarasu?)

Reference pic: here

Coat color: White. Red Markings on head, around eyes and down the sides.
    Mane color and style: Short white with black edges. Tail is long and white with a small black tip.
    Eye color: Black
    Cutie mark: A drawing brush. brown handle, white brush with a black tip (maybe a black ink squiggle drawn there).
    Pose: Racing.
    Expressions: Determined.
    Accessories or costumes: Burning mirror hovering over the back. Maybe Issun, too (small green bouncy thing in the picture).

Thanks in advance.
    I'll take it, if no one minds.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Pixie in the Playground

Coat color: light brown
    Mane color and style: long, mostly straight (not covering the eyes), darker brown
    Eye color: green
    Cutie mark: gaming controller
    Pose: whatever you like
    Expressions: uninterested stare
    Accessories or costumes: A open jacket with a red (main color) and black (secondary color) tartan pattern
    Last edited by amppi; 2011-05-13 at 12:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by amppi View Post
    Can you draw me as a pony?
    Coat color: light brown
    Mane color and style: long, mostly straight (not covering the eyes), darker brown
    Eye color: green
    Cutie mark: gaming controller
    Pose: whatever you like
    Expressions: uninterested stare
    Accessories or costumes: A open jacket with a red (main color) and black (secondary color) tartan pattern
    So you want to be a Pwny?
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

20. - Top - End - #620
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Type: Pegasus
    Coat color: Gray (a little darker than Derpy)
    Mane color and style: DJ-PON3's color style, except dark blue and black
    Eye color: Aqua Blue
    Cutie mark: Solar Eclipse
    Pose: looking downwards a little, shuffling front feet
    Expressions: Distracted
    Accessories or costumes: One Mechanical eye, not evil looking, but delicate looking

21. - Top - End - #621
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: Black Blaze
    Type: Unicorn pony
    Coat color Dirty Blond
    Mane color: Crimson Red with a Thin Black stripe down the middle
    Mane style: Short
    Eye color: Blue-Green
    Cutie mark: Black Fire
    Pose: Up to the artist
    Expressions: Withdrawn, semi-sad, kinda depressed (or whatever the artist chooses)
    Accessories or costumes: Optional (at the artists discresion) welding goggles or mask on head. Alternative Optional: Dark Cloak
    Last edited by Blackblaze; 2011-04-30 at 06:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Pixie in the Playground

Coat color: Nyan Cat Poptart style (Pink with magenta dots)
    Mane color and style: Grey, And maybe like a cat?
    Eye color: Green
    Cutie mark: A Flowing rainbow, Like in the original Nyan cat
    Pose: Like she is flying through space
    Expressions: A little smile
    Accessories or costumes: Well, basically just a pony that looks like Nyan cat... ^^

Just try your best. ^^ Thanks in advance! I'll wear this Nyancat pony with pride!

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

And the floodgates opened.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    So you want to be a Pwny?
    What is that supposed to mean?

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

And the floodgates opened.
    Yeah, sound the trumpets! Armageddon started!
    Above Us Only Sky

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by amppi View Post
    What is that supposed to mean?
    In case English isn't your first language, "pwn" (rhymes with "own") is a piece of internet slang associated with gamers. That is, it's a pun.

Also, request fulfillment will be slow due to the finishing out of the school year and the ED Friend-off. We may also have to relocate to handle interest levels without killing the gitp servers.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Pixie in the Playground

Now if this isn't a fine thread, why, and how fine it is!
    Do not believe I am not here to request my very own ponytar as you may call it as well, the more the merrier, after all!

Here are my specifications, as to make the fulfilling of my request as easy and fun as possible, I am very grateful in advance!

Type:
    I do prefer Earth Ponies, so I will choose this.

Coat colour:
    A shiny white is the colour of choice.

Mane colour and style:
    A mane of a blonde colour would be most appreciated, reaching down to the base of her forelegs, ending in a curly manner.
    The tail would be most silky, it too ending in a few curls.

Cutie Mark:
    The mark would be a monocle, usually worn by only the finest of gentlemen.

Eye Colour:
    Either a very bright green or a rather dull purple are what would seem most fitting in my eyes.
    Do "go wild" on the eyelashes, whether they are long and appear in large numbers or short and only a few, I am ready for a surprise.

Pose:
    It does not need to be anything fancy, general stance would be just dandy.

Expression:
    Half opened eyes, a slight smile, looking at the viewer in a playful manner is what I regard most ladylike.

Accessories and costume:
    A white tuxedo and a white top-hat will dress this lady, if the fulfiller of my request could do that.

If any further questions arise, do not be afraid to ask.

Edit: It seems as though I am supposed to include my desired resolution, my answer being that anything bigger or equal in size to 150x150 would be great.
    Last edited by leod; 2011-04-25 at 01:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    In case English isn't your first language, "pwn" (rhymes with "own") is a piece of internet slang associated with gamers. That is, it's a pun.

Also, request fulfillment will be slow due to the finishing out of the school year and the ED Friend-off. We may also have to relocate to handle interest levels without killing the gitp servers.
    Correct, English isn't my first language. So thanks for clarifying. Also, yes a gamer pony sounds fine to me.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Pixie in the Playground

I have been following MLP-FIM on Equestria Daily for a while now and someone was kind enough to invite us here for requests. I am working on a fanfic in my spare time and this would be the perfect time to get the primary character done, as I am about ready to post the first part.

I am not one of the well known authors, most of my writing the last few years has been of a more technical nature, and I know my editor keeps suggesting revisions to me, so I am likely still a week or two out from posting.
    I will definitely be using this as an avatar on two of the forums I visit (Someone has to counter all the Rainbow Dash I find there, even if she is 20% cooler)

Any size avatar would be fine. (But larger resolutions would be ok too ;)

Type: Unicorn Pony.
    Coat color: A dark purple. (I keep thinking almost a black, but that might be just a little too dark.)
    Mane color: Silver, a very slight shine if possible.
    Mane style: Cross between Luna for style and Fluttershy for length (Nearly long enough to touch the ground.)
    Eye color: Same color as Luna's coat
    Cutie mark: A small quarter crescent moon surrounded equidistant by three stylized stars.
    Pose & Expressions: Up to the artist. Something tranquil would be preferred, as the personality is a cross between Fluttershy's shyness and Rainbow Dash's image (Which can be seen as Canon when she occasionally slips in show)
    Accessories or costumes: None

I wish to thank anyone who even considers my request in advance. I know how much work can be involved in even such simple images. Just send me a message if you want/need any more character background, I can link you to a (slightly) rough copy of what I have done.
    Last edited by Kaaryn; 2011-04-25 at 03:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

To all new ponies - here is current General Pony Discussion thread, this one is for requests only
    Above Us Only Sky