Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    otakuwitch
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: [FiM] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic RP Recruitment Thread

New to the forum and roleplaying, please forgive me for any dumb mistakes

Name: Seraph
    Species:: Pegasus

Description: A somewhat lanky pony. He has a light tan coat and dark freckles on his nose. His light silver, almost whit mane and tail are long and straight with a messy, windblown look (a combination of never sitting still and just not worrying about appearances). The front of his mane is constantly getting in his eyes. Its not unusual for him to be covered in dirt from his latest failed landing.

Special talent: Helping other ponies, random pony acts of kindness (At least that what he thinks)
    Cutie mark: A tilted angel halo

Strengths: He is fairly strong. He can learn things pretty quickly

Flaws: He is very clumsy and especially has trouble landing. He also need to learn to slow down and be aware of his surroundings.

Personality: Seraph is always eager to help other ponies, sometimes too eager. He never does anything halfway, and that includes messing up. He has tons of energy and is always going full speed, looking for the next good deed. Seraph will never turn a pony in need away and will do whatever he can to help them. Unfortunately, he sometimes get so caught up in trying to fix the problem that he makes it worse. He always means well, but his klutziness mixed with the fact he doesn't know to stop when he's ahead has resulted in more than a few disasters. All in all, Seraph sees the world as a good place filled with good ponies and is determined to make it even better.

History: Seraph grew up in Manehattan but the big city ponies didn't think too highly of his "help" so he decided to move to the smaller town of Bridle Shores.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #332
    Uragiri
    Guest in the Playground

Name: Silver Bird

Appearance: A silver earth pony with a Sweetie Belle-style yellow mane and a Scootaloo-style yellow tail. Nopony in Ponyville remembers her much, because she normally goes to the outskirts of town to talk to the birds.

Skills: She can talk to the birds, and actually can hide very well.

Personality: Although she is very shy, she can also be hyper. She is also calm, a little arrogant, and can be serious. She is shy to the other ponies, and she only talks normally to her bird friends. Every other things she talks to, she stutters. Watch out when she becomes hyper, though, that last time she turned to that mood, she nearly made a crater by stomping her feet. But that was long ago, about 3 months. She hasn't been the same for the past days. She still talks to her friends, though, but she hasn't been hyper. Being in her hyper mode usually happens 1 week after the first day of the month, though nopony knows why.

Cutie Mark: A bird in shining colors.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: Diamond Heart

Appearance: White Unicorn with a split-color mane and tail of pale yellow and light blue. She usually wears her mane in a loose weave braid style, but occasionally lets it down. Her horn is normally securely covered with a stylized golden cap that appears sharpened to a very dangerous point.

Spoiler
    Show

Skills: Extremely talented jeweler, very limited magical ability, can fight physically with her horn if absolutely necessary

Biography: Having grown up (like many others) in Manehattan, Diamond Heart is familiar with fast-paced life and indifferent pony attitudes. Her grandfather was a well-experienced traveler and would often fascinate her with tales of adventure and discovery. Along his journey, he stumbled on Bridle Shores and mentioned it to her in one of his stories. She instantly developed a liking for this small town based on his description and, due to jewelry making competition (and bullying) and cold disposition of the big city, decided to set herself up in the town and make some new friends.

Personality: Diamond Heart isn't called Diamond Heart for nothing. Her personality shines like the very gemstone, always kind and always willing to help a friend; but at the same time, she's also as hard as diamond, never tolerating bullying or anything similar to herself or any of her friends. Around new ponies, she's fairly quiet which leads ponies to believe she's shy or more uncommonly stuck up. Truth is, she just has trouble figuring out what to say at the beginning of a relationship.

Relationships: Other than her parents and grandfather in Manehattan, none.

Cutie Mark: A Bejeweled Golden Bangle.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

Name: Lionheart
    Appearance: A colt with a dark green coat and a shaved head. He wears a pair of sunglasses
    Pony Type: Earth Pony
    Skills: He has very good hearing but not much else. He hasn't found his talent yet.
    Flaw: He takes things literally and he is a bit of a coward.
    Biography: He was born blind. Because he was blind his hearing, smell, and his sense of touch and taste all improved to make up for no sight. His parents were quite tough so they gave him the task of traveling all the way from Califoalnia to Bridle Shores to live with his uncle, Mystic.
    Personality: To be developed IC.
    Relationships: None in Bridle Shores, though Mystic is a part of his family.
    Cutie Mark: None yet
    Important Items: Sunglasses, a Cane, everlasting bread(bread that doesn't go bad and fills you up!).
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #335
    Dwarf in the Playground

This isn't the character I expected to finish first, but I somehow did. If you have any objections, please let me know.

~

Name: Sweetheart.

Appearance: A graceful earth pony mare with a light red coat, a long red mane and tail, sky-blue eyes and a heart cutie mark.

Skills: Her main skill is handling emotions. Her emotions are almost completely under control, and they have a partial effect on others around her as well.

In addition to her special talent, she has acquired some secondary skills in domestic work such as cooking and cleaning. Since she despises her main talent, she uses her other skills more.

Biography: Sweetheart was born in a town called Dunsdale. During her foalhood, when she discovered her talent, her family and friends were proud of her, expecting her to use it to spread happiness wherever she went.

As she grew up, though, she realized other implications of this power - she was stealing other ponies' free will. Not wanting to upset or harm others by using her talent on them, Sweetheart immediately decided to stop showing any emotion and seek out low-profile work where she wouldn't have as much risk of affecting ponies.

She eventually found work as a maidservant, and for the first few months, all seemed to be well. Then her mistress started to take advantage of her lack of emotion by assigning her more and harder tasks, expecting her not to care about being overworked. Sweetheart was forced to choose between letting herself be exploited or using her despicable power.

Finally, it got to the point where she couldn't take it any more and became angry at her mistress. However, this made her mistress angry with her as well, especially when she realized that her thoughts were being controlled by the pony who was supposed to be her servant. Thus, Sweetheart lost her job, and was left to wander the land looking for new work.

She found her way to Bridle Shores, and quickly found employment at the Civic Centre. For most of her stay, she hid in plain sight, working so quietly that other ponies didn't even notice her presence. However, when Simmer came, she stepped out to deal with it.

Although she arrived too late to help fight Simmer, she did play a crucial part in putting an end to the evil in him. Once everyone else was clear of her range, she opened her heart just once, breaking through the shell of hatred and unleashing Garion. She then returned to her work, doing her best to lie low after attracting so much attention.

Personality: Sweetheart is, deep down, a well-meaning and caring pony. Her primary concern is the welfare of others. However, she usually keeps her emotions hidden, and thus seems cold and uncaring. She does this out of concern for others, not wanting to take away their freedom of thought.

Relationships: None yet, but she may get some soon.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2016-01-25 at 10:50 PM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Top Hat
    Appearance: A white unicorn stallion, tall and dashing. His mane is a dirty blonde, with the forelock parted so that the strands hang in front of his ears, creating a sideburn-like look. His eyes are a deep blue, full of energy and vigor. He usually has on some form of hat -- most common, when he's not dressing-up, is a black silk tophat, formal collar, and cuffs.

Cutie Mark/Special Talent: His cutiemark is a black top hat with a rabbit poking out from under it, super-imposed over a white infinity-sign. His special talent is the ability to, with Silk Scarf, do magic that should be far outside the normal range -- usually impossible -- by way of terrible logic.

Job: Stage magician/ magic-user, occaisonal thief

Bio: A stallion with a mysterious past; that's what he'd have you believe. And it's slightly true. He's on the outs with his family. He's energetic and easily-confused, but always willing to come up with an explanation for the world around him. Problem is, it's usually more confusing than the whatever he's explaining. Oops. He and his fillyfriend, Silk Scarf, go from town to town doing magic shows for the young and young at heart. Like them -- always cheerful and childish. Top is usually the speaker of the two, always coming up with madcap explanations for their recent antics, and strange chains of thoughts to create their recent antics. He's bold and warm-hearted. He may be smarter than he lets on. This is not hard.

Relationships: In a long term relationship with Silk Scarf, whom he's never seen without.

----

Silk Scarf

Appearance: A pretty young pegasus mare with a golden-yellow coat and an almost white, sort of blonde mane. A palamino -- after all, as Top Hat would put it, "She's certainly a pal o' mine-o!" Her wings fade into the same color as her mane at the tips. Her big, innocent eyes are light brown. She often wears feather boas and fancy or silly saddles, but a string of silk scarves is usually somewhere in the equation.

Cutie Mark/Special Talent: Her cutie mark is a string of knotted scarves, like in a magic act, super-imposed over a white infinity sign. Like Top Hat, her power is doing magic that should be impossible thought terrible logic and hackneyed explanations. Since she's a pegasus, all magic ought to be impossible.... But she's TH's partner and partners should share everything, right?

Job: Stage magician/ magic-user, occaisonal thief

Bio: A mare with an even more mysterious past. Like Top-Hat, she's energetic and easily confused, though less prone to supplying her own illogical theories as to whatever's going on or should be going one. She's an excellent mimic. She's almost the pair's voice of reason, though since her reason is little better than his, that's...Not saying much. She's sweet and cuddly. The two travel the country in search of big adventures and magical miracles. Silk is easily impressed and prone to proclaiming things to be "incredible!"

The two of them function as almost one being when out in public.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Hum, is this the right place to put this?

Quaver Rest (BlasTech)

Name: Quaver Rest

Race: Earth Pony
    Description: Dark Indigo/Violet coat, dark grey mane. Cutie mark is grey. Acts and looks refined, has a biting wit.

Special Purpose: Inspiring ponies (mainly through music)
    Cutie Mark: A quaver rest (duh)
    Skills: Composer and teacher of a variety of musical instruments (mainly classical). Also has a fine singing voice, a good ear for rhythm and pitch, and is passably skilled at fencing.

Strengths: Charismatic, perceptive and quite capable of remaining cool under pressure.
    Flaws: Prideful and reserved. She often comes across as cold or stand-offish to other ponies and is not quick to make friends.

Background:

Born to a musical family in Canterlot, there was no doubt that her talents would lie in a similar field. Groomed on several instruments as a foal, she soon realised her passion for creating music, as opposed to simply making it.

She showed some aptitude for it and became a composer of moderate note and a conductor of several minor classical ensembles in Canterlot(unfortunately, not including the Royal Philharmonic which plays exclusively for the Princesses). Her dream is to one day compose a piece and conduct it in front of the Royal Sisters.

Prior to moving to Bridle Shores, she also taught music at the Canterlot Musical College (CMC). Unfortunately for her, this is where a lot of the richer families send their offspring for mandatory music lessons. Between countless hours of fruitlessly correcting snot-nosed royals, and hearing her music butchered at their hooves, she’s developed a rather caustic streak in her vocabulary. She enjoys fencing, simply because it gave her an outlet for the considerable frustrations of her position.

It's not quite clear why a pony with her skills, ambition and love for high culture would move to Bridle Shores, but here she is, and she might as well make the most of it.

Relationships

Acquaintances:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Top Hat - Warming Up
    Silk Scarf - Warming Up
    Whadda Scoops - Avoiding
    Soft Serve - Acquaintance
    Sweetheart - Not off to a good start
    Cadmium Red - Not off to a good start
    Fox Trot - Not Impressed

Friends:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Icy Touch

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Goldrings
    Picture: Found here.
    Type: Pegasus
    Cutie Mark & special talent: A set of two linked golden rings, representing his special talent of an unbreakable determination to complete whatever task is at hand. Some ponies say that this isn't a true talent, but Goldrings is quite proud of it.
    Flaws: Goldrings can be overconfident in some situations, and at other times determined to near suicidal levels (as one example, he once flew into the Everfree Forest just to fetch an old mare's lost earring).
    Background: Coming soon. As in, when it's not midnight.
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

9. - Top - End - #339

Name: Shadow Chaser
    Picture: Link
    Appearance: Shadow has a light grey coat with a mane of alternating shades of grey. His tail is the same coloration as his mane, and is kept short and a little curly. His eyes are a deep green, and due to his slightly less than perfect eyesight he wears glasses. For clothing he wears his greyish-green hat and occasionally a satchel.
    Skills: Writing, debate, speech, philosophy, poetry
    Biography: He moved to town not too long ago looking to find a nice quite place to settle down away from the hustle and bustle of the big city.
    Personality: Shadow loves to learn and see new things, every bit of knowledge he comes across is like a treasure. He values kindness, loyalty, and a good sense of humor in both himself and others. Around his friends he is as likely to discuss a new philosophy as he is to crack a joke, and he wouldn’t give up his friends for the world. Around new people he is a little shy, but once a sense of trust grows his eccentric and fun side comes out. All in all he tries his hardest to live every day with a passion.
    Relationships: None as of yet, he is a newcomer.
    Cutie Mark: Question mark, represents philosophy/poetry.
    Strengths: Open minded, calm, good storyteller, faithful friend
    Flaws: Procrastinator, slightly cynical, over-thinks things, a little shy

I do have one question, how do I join in smoothly? Should I wait for an opening, or is there no time like the present?

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowySilence View Post
    I do have one question, how do I join in smoothly? Should I wait for an opening, or is there no time like the present?
    You can just sort of jump into the general thread. We're starting the Nightmare Night celebrations soon In character, so almost everypony is in the same place. A few warnings though.

1. This RP tends to move fast. It's in a slow phase right now, but in general it's a fairly fast flowing RP.
    2. While there'll be at least a decent amount of time for your character to enjoy himself, fairly soon in the RP there's going to be a story-arc involving a Nightmare Moon-esque villain called Simmer.
    3. There's going to be a pony masquerading as Princess Luna for Nightmare Night popping up soon.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Mistaken thread, deleted.
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-01-04 at 12:03 AM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Think you may have the wrong recruitment thread here. The GrimDark RP recruitment thread is here. The RP thread is here.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, I apologize. Thank you for the redirect.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

14. - Top - End - #344

Name: Sky High
    Appearance: White coated unicorn with green eyes and a pink mane. Cutie mark is a pair of butterfly wings.
    Skills: Granting flight to other ponies through use of the flight spell.
    Biography:
    Personality: Very friendly, always willing to help others. Her work doesn't require much, so she has a lot of energy.
    Relationships: Just came into town, looking to set up shop.
    Cutie Mark: Pair of butterfly wings.

Work in progress. I can't for the life of me think of a name for this pony, or the name I could give her shop. Would love suggestions.
    Last edited by maximus25; 2012-01-18 at 12:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Name: Fire Flower

Appearance: Olive brown to khaki coated unicorn. Orange eyes. Light grey mane with red streaks.

Cutie Mark: A rose sheathed in fire.

Personalty: Fire Flower is mean. Just mean. She is a fearless pony who is beyond rude and is tough as nails. Backed with incredible beauty and millions of bits through her rich family (which she now heads), this pony has confidence.

And for every drop of confidence she has, she has disdain for every pony not willing to conform to her paranoid worldview where monsters and villains lie in wait to take out pony towns. To her, anypony not willing to fight and unfit for battle is a waste of talent. And their fun and games is proof of it.

Relationships: Grills is her only son and Fire Flower is more than willing to let him know how much of a disappointment she thinks he is for choosing to be a chef rather than a soldier defending the Princesses and pony towns.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Work in progress. I can't for the life of me think of a name for this pony, or the name I could give her shop. Would love suggestions.
    Hrm, a unicorn whose special ability is giving other ponies the ability to fly ...

High Flyer?
    Joy Ride?
    Sky High?
    Cloud Nine?

>>
    <<
    >>

Red Bull?

17. - Top - End - #347

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Hrm, a unicorn whose special ability is giving other ponies the ability to fly ...

High Flyer?
    Joy Ride?
    Sky High?
    Cloud Nine?

>>
    <<
    >>

Red Bull?
    I actually kind of like Sky High.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Bugbear in the Playground

Name: Silvershy
    Species: Unicorn

Description: She has a white coat and a somewhat messy blonde mane. Blue eyes.

Special talent: Her special talent is dealing with organisations and law.
    Cutie mark: A white building resembling a greek temple outlined in grey.
    Spoiler
    Show

Skills: She has a wide base of knowledge to call upon, she is good at measuring distances by eyeing it, she knows how to fence with a two-handed sword and she is a decent cook.
    Job: Civil servant

Strengths: She is curious and, if not friendly at least polite.

Flaws: Not very confident and can become very uncomfortable in social situations. She also has rather low endurance in physical matters.
    When something draws her ire she can have quite the nasty temperament.

Personality: She is quite quiet and introverted, she is more of a listener-type than a speaker type. She is disinclined toward openly displaying her emotions.

Relationships: None as of yet, she has just come to town.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

...thinking of joining this RP. Anything in particular I need to know?

Apart, of course, than the fact that the character needs to be a pony.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    ...thinking of joining this RP. Anything in particular I need to know?

Apart, of course, than the fact that the character needs to be a pony.
    1. It helps if you've seen the show.
    2. If you have the feeling a player may be uncomfortable with something, ask before doing it.
    3. Right now is Nightmare Night. A pony will be showing up and masquerading as Princess Luna for the night once everypony gets out of the haunted house.

At this rate, that won't be for a week.
    4. After Nightmare Night, a Nightmare Moon-esque villain named Simmer is going to appear. I can provide more details on this tomorrow when I wake up, or somepony else can explain more about him.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Mmmmkay. I'm thinking an Earth Pony who's... based off my personality.

Which means a bit like Twilight Sparkle, dangerously approaching Fluttershy when it comes to new social situations (and able to geek-out at the drop of a hat).

And yes, I have seen the show. I'd make him a unicorn, but that'd be a bit too similar to Twilight. Also, playing against type for the win.

...he'd probably either work in the town library or something SCIENCE!!!. Either of those taken?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-01-18 at 03:15 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mmmmkay. I'm thinking an Earth Pony who's... based off my personality.

Which means a bit like Twilight Sparkle, dangerously approaching Fluttershy when it comes to new social situations (and able to geek-out at the drop of a hat).
    That sounds remarkably like me. Anyway, this pony should be fine. Now you should fill out a character sheet for reference, including appearance, skills, and how your character came to be in Bridle Shores, and you'll be all set!

If you want to make a picture of your pony, but lack artistic talent, you can do what I did and use this.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

I did edit my post a bit, some additional questions could do with answering.

Also, what are the limits of what Earth Ponies can do in terms of magic in the RP? Same as in the show (and I'm actually not sure what those are either) or something different?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

And yes, I have seen the show. I'd make him a unicorn, but that'd be a bit too similar to Twilight. Also, playing against type for the win.
    Eh, you can be pretty much whatever.

...he'd probably either work in the town library or something SCIENCE!!!. Either of those taken?
    Town library has enough ponies. The only Science pony we had was retired a long time ago though, so you could be a science pony with no trouble.

Also, what are the limits of what Earth Ponies can do in terms of magic in the RP? Same as in the show (and I'm actually not sure what those are either) or something different?
    Earth ponies seem pretty much limited to what one can do as a human. Though, there are occasionally magical effects that change things around. An Earth pony and a Unicorn pony both got temporarily turned into Pegasi for example.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-01-18 at 11:46 AM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Well Earth ponies are supposed to be more human. According to the Great Faust, earth ponies also have a greater connection to nature. I see this as Earth ponies having natural gifts with plants and animals. Unicorns and pegasi lack any plant and animal care abilities useless third cutiemarks override it like Fluttershy and our very own Foxglove. I imagine all earth ponies have well behaved pets and are great cooks.

They also might have other weak weird powers like Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Sense. My earth pony, Purple Pepper, can quickly change costumes and can charm indecisive ponies with her voice.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... then again, if he's going to be a SCIENCE! pony, I might make him a unicorn anyway. Probably fire-oriented magic, apart from the standard telekinesis.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hmmm... then again, if he's going to be a SCIENCE! pony, I might make him a unicorn anyway. Probably fire-oriented magic, apart from the standard telekinesis.
    SCIENCE! pony is Electric Pony not Fire Pony.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    SCIENCE! pony is Electric Pony not Fire Pony.
    Clearly, you need to watch more Mythponies.

Still, point seen.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

In terms of a pony image... probably ask if someone can make a cutie mark that's science related, I'm not too good at that.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #360

Alright, this is going to be a bit of a long one. Asterisk (*) in the skills section represents special talent. Without further ado, I present: MOOS OF DERISION! (it was either that or Flaming Salmonella Units.)

Band Info: The Moos of Derision were founded three years ago by Fermata and Tesla Coil Jones, and originally consisted of the twins and the Flatt brothers (yes, I went there), and later adding the griffon Gideon. They produce music spanning many genres, from polka to heavy metal, and are known for their unparalleled enthusiasm. Indeed, much of the praise of their concerts mentions the looks of utter bliss that they exhibit, an infectious energy that makes their music unique.

Name: Tesla Coil
    Appearance: A green, bespectacled unicorn with blue eyes and a black mane and tail.
    Skills: SCIENCE*, electricity generation, a decent singing voice.
    Biography: Tesla Coil Jones, twin brother of Fermata Jones, works as the manager and technician for their band. He uses the band's exploits to help further his research, and has produced several marvelous papers on acoustic physics. He also provides a surprise addition to some performances.
    Personality: Tesla's special talent for scientific research was earned quite quickly, as Tesla is an avid learner. He loves knowledge more than almost anything else, although hanging around Fermata has given him a great appreciation for music. His social skills have also been improved by their proximity, although he is still quite introverted, if no longer secluded.
    Relationships: Good friends with all members of the band. Twin brother to Fermata Jones. Technician and manager for Moos of Derision.
    Cutie Mark: A Bohr model Atom.

Name: Fermata Jones
    Appearance: Fermata is a green Unicorn with a black mane and tail, with bright blue eyes and an enthusiastic demeanor. He always wears a grey Fedora.
    Skills: Showponyship*, Phenomenal Singer and songwriter, excellent fiddler (and hurdy-gurdyist), decent guitarist.
    Biography: Fermata Jones is an up-and-coming songwriter, and his band is one of the most prolific in recent memory. His cutie mark was gained in an infamous incident that nopony ever seems to expound upon, although it apparently involved twelve piccolos and a broken tuba. He has a rare condition (not a disorder) calledsynesthesia, which manifests itself as musical tones accompanying almost every sensation, as well as a few colors and tastes associated with sounds. This is a major source of inspiration for him, and indeed he has written songs that encompass the music he gleans from a certain pony's presence, a sort of musical portrait.
    Personality: Fermata is unquestionably insane. It is not a medical condition, it is simply what he is. He does everything with a lunatic enthusiasm that is the driving force in the quality of his performances. He is bold and endearing, and enjoys performance for performance's sake.
    Relationships: Good friends with all members of the band. Twin brother to Tesla Coil. Founder, Singer and main songwriter for Moos of Derision.
    Cutie Mark: A Fermata (a musical symbol for holding a note longer, shown as an arc over a dot).

Name: Woodwind Flatt
    Appearance: A tall, thin, grey earth pony with blond hair. Usually has a calm expression.
    Skills: Wind and Brass instruments*.
    Biography: Woodwind, the eldest of his family, has been mute since birth. Like both his brothers, he quickly revealed that he was a prodigy with his instrument, and has performed many times with renowned orchestras.
    Personality: Being bound to silence, Woodwind is quite introverted and pensive. He has a keen philosophical mind, which he expresses through his beautiful performances.
    Relationships: Good friends with all members of the band. Eldest Flatt brother. Flute, clarinet, trumpet, etc. player for Moos of Derision.
    Cutie Mark: A whole note.

Name: Sharp Flatt
    Appearance: A cyan earth pony with yellow hair. Somewhat taller than average, and has a habit of standing on his hind legs.
    Skills: The Cello*, songwriting.
    Biography: Sharp followed in his brother's footsteps as he proved to be a virtuoso at the Cello. He graduated top of his class at the canterlot musical institute, alongside such stars as Octavia herself, who he has indeed performed with in the past.
    Personality: Sharp's personality, like his age, is between those of his brothers. He is more outgoing than Woodwind, but much more reserved than Ringo.
    Relationships: Good friends with all members of the band. Middle Flatt brother. Popular rumor has it that he was high-school sweethearts with Octavia, but he has neither confirmed or denied it (Yeah, yeah, integration into existing universe. So sue me). Cellist and secondary songwriter for Moos of Derision.
    Cutie Mark: A Cello.

Name: Ringo Flatt
    Appearance: A blue, green haired unicorn with a mad grin on his face.
    Skills: Drums*, quite adept at multitasking with his levitation.
    Biography: He's the drummer. That's about it. Although he was no less talented than either of his brothers, Ringo did not attend all of high school, instead choosing to drop out and go straight to street performances. This worked marginally well, but he was eager to join his brothers in the new band which promised to be much more successful.
    Personality: Ringo is the youngest member of the band, and shows it. He is reckless and boisterous, and enjoys showing off.
    Relationships: Good friends with all members of the band. Youngest Flatt brother.
    Cutie Mark: Crossed drumsticks.

Name: Gideon
    Appearance: A large, gold-furred griffon, with dark brown eye-spots and golden eyes. He usually has a mild scowl, and has trouble actually smiling.
    Skills: Piano playing, some experience in talon-to-talon combat.
    Biography: Gideon's past is more than a little checkered, having been involved in griffon gang activity early on. Indeed, he got into several fights, and was a formidable gangster until he took an arrow to the knee got arrested.
    After going through juvenile courts, he emerged a reformed griffon, and discovered a new outlet in the form of piano playing. He poured himself into this new medium, releasing the stresses and insecurities that had driven his violent activities. Eventually, his talent got him noticed by Tesla and Fermata, and he graciously accepted their invitation.
    Personality: Despite his reformation, Gideon still often comes across as very gruff and blunt. On the other hand, he also can become very stilted in his attempts to be more courteous. He puts in an honest effort, however, and really tries to be a good griffon.
    Relationships: Good friends with all members of the band.
    It's a falcon. Wearing a Fedora. Your argument is irrelevant.
    Official Member of the No Cussing Club